Top 100 Airports

Luxair

"good flight for US$150"

Luxembourg to Madrid on Boeing 737-800 in Economy. Check in easy, no line and friendly agent. No line at security and into the gate area with plenty of seats. Not much choice for food (one restaurant with snacks). Around 80% full cabin, friendly attendants welcome on board in English/French/Luxembourgese. Departed 15 min late due to baggage loading. Good flight overall, just over 2 hours and served a snack and drinks. They had some entertainment on the drop-down screens but I was watching my own Ipad. Flight-map would pop up here and there to let us know where we were. Landed in Madrid at T4 and bags were out pretty fast. A good flight for US$150.
Aircraft737-800
RouteLUX to MAD
Date FlownDecember 2015

"Dash 8 is not the best"

(Sweden)

Luxair serves sandwiches and even champagne to economy passengers and for reasonable prices. However, since they replaced many of their jets with noisy propeller-aircraft, flying-times have become a lot longer and the comfort of their Dash 8 is not the best. On my recent flight from ARN to LUX that was three hours long (normally it takes only 2 hours and 10 minutes) they had only one drink-run which is poor for such a long flight. Seating was cramped (Dash-standard) and there was no onboard entertainment. For me, the slightly better service does not outweigh much longer flight times and this is why I will tend to consider other airlines into FRA again in the future.
AircraftDash 8-Q400
RouteARN to LUX
Date FlownDecember 2015

(Spain)

Luxair operates 5 per week flights between Málaga Costa del Sol and Luxembourg City. Prices on Luxair can be high for this route but the value for money is excellent. We had a true tray with a complete meal on board with Luxembourgish specialities (which were pretty good). Cabin crew speaking in more that 4 languages and even in Spanish (very good point for a Spanish passenger like me). Seats and leg room were excelent and the plane was new and clean.
AircraftBoeing 737-800W
RouteMalaga to Luxembourg
Date FlownAugust 2015

Luxair customer review

Luxair tends to operate 2 types of planes mainly (767 are covering holiday destinations) - Bombardier Q400 (turboprop) and Embraer 145 (jet). I've flown with the latter one from Luxembourg to Paris CDG. Plane is tiny, so tiny that standard cabin luggage has to be put to cargo hold as delivery on aircraft - the lockers are big enough for a laptop bag and nothing more. Flight attendants very professional, polite and helpful - nothing to complain about, food was decent for such a short flight (60 min) which however forces you to eat quite quickly. I frequently fly with Luxair and I can recommend the airline, they are small, planes are tiny but service is good. Keep it up Luxair.
AircraftEmbraer 145
RouteLuxembourg to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2015

(Luxembourg)

As a frequent flyer I must recommend flying with Luxair. The planes are a little small and the price is not equal to a budget airline, but then neither is the service offered. Each time I have flown with the airline has been a calm and enjoyable experience. Staff are friendly and helpful. The food provided on the plane is tasty. On any occasion I have made a seat request upon check in it has always been made possible with absolutely no fuss. The security at the airport may not be very chatty but are efficient and it is to this day the fastest security I have been through in any airport.
RouteLuxembourg to Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2015

(Sweden)

Luxair is a full-service airline that still serves sandwiches and champagne even in economy class. The flight attendants are always smiling and extremely friendly. They have some problems with online check-in which does not work in 90% of all cases but I would not hesitate to recommend Luxair and I would prefer them over almost every other European airline.

Luxair customer review

Flew (LCY-LUX-LCY) on LG4592 and LG4603 on their Q400 in economy. Leg room was good for such a short flight. Breakfast was a pain au chocolat and a soft drink and the return (mid afternoon) was a muffin and a choice of drinks. I only had hand-luggage but there was plenty of room onboard. Value for money.

Luxair customer review

I was quite impressed to see that not all airlines have gone the low cost way. Check-in was smooth and quick. I was given a pre-assigned seat at the window which I don't like. I think they should ask and not assign. The staff wasn't able to give me an explanation. Security at Luxembourg is very rude and unfriendly but not the airlines fault. On board a brand new 737 with sky interior I was impressed how quickly the stewardess changed my seat to an empty aisle. They even served apéritifs with a snack before a meal with free wine and all. And when I thought this is it they insisted to serve digestifs with the coffee. I'm sure I didn't pay much more than with other big airlines but this small player has something on offer on a 4 hour flight.

(Russian Federation)

Flight from TXL to LUX (with a stop in SCN) that stop takes 1hr longer on your journey! Price excessive for such a small route (for the same price I can fly from FRA to DXB). Unfriendly staff (as usual I fly Luxair twice a month). Q400 plane very noisy in the cabin.

Luxair customer review

LG 3834 on 13 Dec12 MAD-LUX. Aircraft was an E145 jet. Clean and well taken care of. The welcome was warm and friendly. Service once again beyond what is expected these days. The Flight attendant made sure that all was well and never left me waiting to ask for anything A great snack box with different canapés fruits pate with salad and a nice pretzel-bread type bun with Spanish ham. Drinks - anything you like but I had cold Champagne and still water. The Crew were excellent. Recommended.