Luxair

Review by (Spain)

Luxair operates 5 per week flights between Málaga Costa del Sol and Luxembourg City. Prices on Luxair can be high for this route but the value for money is excellent. We had a true tray with a complete meal on board with Luxembourgish specialities (which were pretty good). Cabin crew speaking in more that 4 languages and even in Spanish (very good point for a Spanish passenger like me). Seats and leg room were excelent and the plane was new and clean.
AircraftBoeing 737-800W
RouteMalaga to Luxembourg
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (Germany)

Luxair tends to operate 2 types of planes mainly (767 are covering holiday destinations) - Bombardier Q400 (turboprop) and Embraer 145 (jet). I've flown with the latter one from Luxembourg to Paris CDG. Plane is tiny, so tiny that standard cabin luggage has to be put to cargo hold as delivery on aircraft - the lockers are big enough for a laptop bag and nothing more. Flight attendants very professional, polite and helpful - nothing to complain about, food was decent for such a short flight (60 min) which however forces you to eat quite quickly. I frequently fly with Luxair and I can recommend the airline, they are small, planes are tiny but service is good. Keep it up Luxair.
AircraftEmbraer 145
RouteLuxembourg to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (Luxembourg)

As a frequent flyer I must recommend flying with Luxair. The planes are a little small and the price is not equal to a budget airline, but then neither is the service offered. Each time I have flown with the airline has been a calm and enjoyable experience. Staff are friendly and helpful. The food provided on the plane is tasty. On any occasion I have made a seat request upon check in it has always been made possible with absolutely no fuss. The security at the airport may not be very chatty but are efficient and it is to this day the fastest security I have been through in any airport.
RouteLuxembourg to Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2015

Review by (Sweden)

Luxair is a full-service airline that still serves sandwiches and champagne even in economy class. The flight attendants are always smiling and extremely friendly. They have some problems with online check-in which does not work in 90% of all cases but I would not hesitate to recommend Luxair and I would prefer them over almost every other European airline.

Review by (Sweden)

Review by (United Kingdom)

Flew (LCY-LUX-LCY) on LG4592 and LG4603 on their Q400 in economy. Leg room was good for such a short flight. Breakfast was a pain au chocolat and a soft drink and the return (mid afternoon) was a muffin and a choice of drinks. I only had hand-luggage but there was plenty of room onboard. Value for money.

Review by (United Kingdom)

I was quite impressed to see that not all airlines have gone the low cost way. Check-in was smooth and quick. I was given a pre-assigned seat at the window which I don't like. I think they should ask and not assign. The staff wasn't able to give me an explanation. Security at Luxembourg is very rude and unfriendly but not the airlines fault. On board a brand new 737 with sky interior I was impressed how quickly the stewardess changed my seat to an empty aisle. They even served apéritifs with a snack before a meal with free wine and all. And when I thought this is it they insisted to serve digestifs with the coffee. I'm sure I didn't pay much more than with other big airlines but this small player has something on offer on a 4 hour flight.

Luxair customer review

Review by (Russian Federation)

Flight from TXL to LUX (with a stop in SCN) that stop takes 1hr longer on your journey! Price excessive for such a small route (for the same price I can fly from FRA to DXB). Unfriendly staff (as usual I fly Luxair twice a month). Q400 plane very noisy in the cabin.