Lufthansa

Lufthansa customer review

I flew business class on A319 from Frankfurt to Erbil and back then to Houston on A380. There was no business seats from FRA to EBL even though they passed it off as business class. Just the same as coach. It was a 4 hour flight. Absolutely dreadful! Then in business class on the A380 the seats do not go horizontal therefore I could get no sleep as my body was being pulled down.

(Austria)

FRA-SIN-FRA on A380 in economy. Flight was cheap left/arrived on time and meals were fine but those were the only real positives. Fortunate to snag a seat with no seat in front so endless legroom. All other seats in economy looked ridiculously cramped. Seat itself was extremely uncomfortable for the 12 hour flight and the constant prodding of the touch screen from the passenger behind is a little annoying. (Unfortunately this is the only way to operate the screen as the remote is basically useless) Entertainment system would have been ok but crashed 3 times. Am Lufthansa 'Senator' status which helped in being able to secure one of the best seats (53D) other than that absolutely no recognition of so called status on board unlike Air New Zealand where one feels welcome pampered and valued - even though it is not my 'home' airline. All in all pretty sad for such a proud airline.

Lufthansa customer review

Madrid to Bogota via Frankfurt. Excellent flight to FRA with good hot breakfast of Spanish omelette and spinach bread and jam with plenty of drinks! Upgraded to business class with my partner using miles. Only issue I have with Lufthansa was the transfer to Terminal C which includes having to exit and go through security once again which is always slow at FRA airport. Senator lounge in C very nice and cosy with direct door access to the gates. Service onboard to Bogota was excellent despite my food choice not being available even third row into the business class. The food portions are smaller but the drinks service made up for that with the crew members being super nice and efficient. I have always enjoyed Lufthansa since 15 years in general but the new miles and status earning system is somewhat disappointing but perhaps necessary with the overcrowded lounges and lack of free seats when using miles.

(Austria)

LH1233 on 16th of April from Vienna to Frankfurt. The overall flight was good and the flight attendants were friendly. We also got a small snack. The fact that there was absolutely no Inflight Entertainment was no problem due to the short flying time. The only things which disturbed me were that the flight was overbooked and that the online check-in didn't worked till I called the Lufthansa hotline. But all in all I would recommend Lufthansa and look forward for the next flight!

Lufthansa customer review

Frankfurt to Dulles International Airport Washington DC on 13 April - even in economy class. It was such a contrast to the miserable United flight a week before - without doubt the most excruciatingly cramped and uncomfortable flight I have experienced. Seats on Lufthansa were very comfortable and crew outstanding with well- timed efficient food and beverage service. Loved the hot towel service! Only drawback was the frustrating in- flight entertainment system with sluggish touch screens requiring multiple attempts to activate and many movie selections which would not play. The seats were such an improvement over United's that I intend to fly Lufthansa whenever possible from now on even tho' I am a United Mileage Plus member.

Lufthansa customer review

LH 418 on 9th April 2014. I was very satisfied with the overall experience on my Lufthansa flight although I would hope for a few additional movies on the inflight entertainment recent releases in particular. Staff were friendly and meal choices okay. Sometimes offers e.g. for Bailey's/Cognac after meals are only made upon request so you need to pay close attention when a flight attendant comes by. However compared to other airlines I've travelled with so far (e.g. Air France UA US Airways KLM Air Berlin) I'd rate Lufthansa higher than average.

Lufthansa customer review

30 Mar 14 LH 408 Dusseldorf - New York / Newark. 6 Apr 14 LH 419 Washington Dulles - Frankfurt. Pleasant travel experience. Seats in Economy could be wider and more comfortable.

Lufthansa customer review

Our flight LH439 DFW-FRA was very pleasant. Punctual and extremely comfortable. The stewardesses were very courteous and efficient. The special Asian Veg Meal was tasty. We look forward to our trip to Europe shortly.

Lufthansa customer review

My first experience with Lufthansa was outstanding. I expect superior service in business or first class and I expect adequate service in coach/economy the Lufthansa staff from IAH-FRA and FRA-DXB (and back) were extremely pleasant and helpful - with a full cabin they were able to top-level service. I was pleasantly surprised that they maintained their pace for so long. The food was certainly better than most economy fare and the in-flight entertainment provided more than enough options to keep me occupied for nearly 40 hours of flight time on my round trip. I have come to expect average service when booking coach/economy and Lufthansa significantly raised the bar in this area. Now that I know about them first-hand I will look for their flights first when I travel.

Lufthansa customer review

8 April 14 LH 008 HAM-FRA. Packed flight. Deadheading stewardess decides to dump her 2 (sizeable) pieces of luggage in the overhead bins above the emergency exits instead of taking her stuff to the back of the plane. Result: No space for paying passengers' luggage legroom can't be used (naturally) working stewardess had to rearrange a bunch of bags and coats and spread them throughout the airplane. Paying eco customers are rated lower than deadheads.