Lufthansa

(Belgium)

MUC-BRU in June 2014. Flight was delayed with about 15 minutes due to late arrival from WAW. Cabin clean and comfortable on this Embraer 195 jet. Excellent crew again drinks and tasty sandwiches were offered on this short flight with a smile. To be recommended!

Lufthansa customer review

I was lucky to receive a complementary upgrade to business Class for my flight FRA-LAX. As usual in Lufthansa Business Class the service was excellent personnel always polite and attentive. The inflight entertainment was of best quality in terms of hardware but fell behind competitors in breadth of offering where eg Singapore even in economy has at least 5 times the amount. Lufthansa's service is more conservative than eg Virgin which suits my personal tastes more. I paid for a flexible economy class ticket for the trip FRA-LAX returning JFK-FRA which was in my view expensive but LH was the only carrier able to offer non-stop on both legs - so LH scores again over competitors in this case on global reach. In the past I have been a regular international flyer with LH having had Senator status for at least 10 yr. However this has lapsed and I have recently been travelling mostly as an economy passenger. Accordingly I cannot accurately compare the current standard of LH business with many other competitors with the exception of Singapore and Emirates who unfortunately offer better seat comfort and entertainment. The aircraft on LH450 was a 747-8 which offered less seat breadth in the reclining position than the A380s of Singapore and Emirates.

(Belgium)

IST-FRA-EZE-SAO-FRA-TLV Fra Tlv &st class on European legs ISt Fra and Fra TLV very average business class tatty seats and not such a good check in both ground and board staff "don't give a damn attitude" 1st class to EZE and from Sao to Fra brilliant both 747 400 and 747 800 even better layout Both lay outs are great. Good service even for a full cabin. 8 pax total anyway. will try them again. will recommend only 1st class their C class much to be desired. Problem with bags in all stopovers terrible handling service even for 1class pax. This must be improved.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Lufthansa customer review

We flew LH 437 ORD to DUS on May 15th followed by LH 2706 DUS to HAM. The planes were nice the seats quite comfortable the food on Flight 437 decent and the flight attendants pleasant. We would fly Lufthansa again for sure.

Lufthansa customer review

I had my last flight with Lufthansa on LH430 from Frankfurt/Germany to Chicago on 05/31/14. We had a new 747-800 which was really nice! Also came with some reasonable space for the legs in Economy (I am 189cm tall) however all the seats in new airplanes today look good but completely lack lumber support. Very good and friendly service! Good food and no additional charges did apply for a glass of wine! Keep that up Lufthansa! Also very clean and friendly looking airplane. And finally many choices for the entertainment program (movies) - very good! However I will never understand why Lufthansa does not enable the program once passengers are boarding and leaves it running until at the arrival gate. Most people use their own headphones anyway.

(Chile)

I have made at least 8 business class segments in long haul flights in Lufthansa in the last 12 months and can certainly say that the service is poor. The 747-400 that I flew from Buenos Aires to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to Tokyo are old the business class is in bad shape the seats are uncomfortable and have the most uncomfortable inclination. The entertainment system is outdated and limited. Catering is at economy class level. Service is no better especially on the flights to Buenos Aires flight attendants appear tired uninterested in helping and some just plain rude. Service is slightly better on the flight I took to Tokyo and Hong Kong to Munich which makes me wonder if the Latin American market is just less interesting for this carrier. In any event the crew attitude appears in general as "just do not bother me" never a reply to the call button. I am a frequent business flyer and definitely regret to have chosen this airline and will avoid using this service again if I can. One final comment headphones are attached to the seats and on two flights I had to take the headphones covers that had been left from a previous passenger in order to put the new ones provided to me that is definitely not good service and not a good hygiene standard.

(Italy)

Flying with Lufthansa is always a positive experience to me: reliable punctual efficient. I recently flew from Frankfurt to Los Angeles flight 450 Economy class and on my return flight LH 453 from Los Angeles to Munich I was able to upgrade to Business class by using my Miles and More account. Compared to the Economy class the Business class seats are very comfortable allowing to stretch completely and have a nice rest so that the flight time seems to be much shorter. Also the connecting flights to Verona Italy with Air Dolomiti were perfectly on time. I only wish that the fares to fly in Business class were not so pricy i.e. more affordable then I would book all my travels with Lufthansa in Business class.

Lufthansa customer review

I was flying from Washington DC to Frankfurt on Sunday May 25 with Flight LH 419. Good Seats Food was terrible Service was not good (I was not greeted by the purser as a Senator & Star Alliance Gold Member) Inflight entertainment very outdated (small screens).

Lufthansa customer review

Flight LH 431 on 05/26 ORD - FRA we flew first class on the new 747-8. New seats are comfortable. service was what you should expect in first class and food was good. Purserette only briefly greeted the paxs and never was seen again even after the flight had landed in FRA. Her English was terrible.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Lufthansa customer review

LH458 MUC to SFO A340-600. Business class without the new seats actually a rather inferior product and the new seating needs to be much better. Mediocre food with a veal dish for the first meal that consisted of two bites of dry overcooked meat. The meal before landing consisted of curry wurst and a small salad. Really German food is great but curry wurst as the featured food on a $5000 round-trip ticket? Service was sufficiently warm and efficient. In sum Lufthansa will reliably get you from point to point (as long as the pilots are not on strike) but it's really an inferior product (a recent Delta business class flight from ATL to Madrid was far superior in every way e.g. food comfort service).