Lufthansa

Lufthansa customer review

Feb 18 2014: Lufthansa - LH1817 - Barcelona (BCN) to Munich (MUC). This segment was part of a five flight itinerary with United Airlines a review of which can be found under their name. This particular Lufthansa experience was as always superbly efficient on the ground in both Barcelona and Munich. Navigating airports at either end was a breeze and the embarkation and disembarkation process easy and smooth. The flight itself had both an on-time departure and arrival and the in-flight service was as expected superb and efficient as one would expect from Lufthansa. Always a treat to fly with Lufthansa and will continue to do so whenever possible.

Lufthansa customer review

LH 410 MUC to JFK 1st Feb 2014. The flight was fully booked but it was ok. Crew very friendly. Since I was sitting at rear I had only one meal left to choose. The space for my feet was very limited because of some mounted housings under the seat in front. Too little space to place something like a bottle of water and a book. Plane was new and in good shape.

(Italy)

Flight 457 from Los Angeles to Frankfurt was delayed due a technical problem. Unfortunately there was no assistance for me at the arrival gate since my flight connection was half an hour later I had to rush pass again through the security check and immigration. I arrived breathless at the gate of my flight to Florence where we were told that they had to change the aircraft due to a technical problem. I had to wait for another hour. Concerning the service on board and the aircraft (a new B747-800) I have nothing to complain about.

(Greece)

LH431 from ORD to FRA. These long haul flights now have wifi which was a pleasant surprise. Apart from that the cabin was not particularly full which made it easy to put the bag under the seat next to me etc. I suspect the comfort would be diminished if it was otherwise. Apart from that no other surprises the food was good the staff polite the flight was on schedule.

Lufthansa customer review

ORD-FRA-DEL. A typical mixed bag of service. ORD-FRA was supposed to be on 747-8 and I booked this flight specifically for this aircraft but they downgraded to normal 747 in the last minute. This caused chaos in ORD as they were short 16 business class seats all passengers had to be reassigned their seats which caused my family to be split up and in middle seats - at several thousand dollars each we were not happy. Crew tried their best but no one would move and we were seated all over the cabin. Food was mediocre at best on this route and angled seats did not provide for great sleeping. Entertainment a joke when compared with new United system or with EK/SQ with basically 10 movies 3 of which were >10 years old. FRA-DEL on 747-8 and much better with much nicer crew and flat seats. Departure time from FRA is not ideal as arrival is at 2am compared to 10.30pm with other airlines. Arrival at DEL was a mess with business and first class bags off-loaded last which annoyed premium paying passengers. Only highlight really was LH Senator Lounge in FRA which was very nice. For the price paid I would try another carrier.

Lufthansa customer review

LH418 FRA-IAD 8 Feb. It was a rather comfortable flight in a not too fully booked Economy Class cabin. My major issue with this flight was about the internet connectivity on board. Unfortunately again FlyNet did not work at all. It has become a rather unreliable service over the last few months. Seating comfort on the new 747-8 is rather good nevertheless when someone sits next to you in Economy it is really a challenge to survive a long-haul flight. The distance to the front seat could be improved but most likely will not. Again I have to point out that as a Lufthansa status customer (Frequent Traveller Star Alliance Silver) I am being treated better by United (complimentary upgrade to Economy plus priority boarding priority luggage) than by Lufthansa.

(Belgium)

LH418 Feb 9 2014. As a frequent flyer (and holding Senator status with the Star Alliance) I prefer to fly with Lufthansa and its Star Alliance partners as they offer me the best routes to get me to my destination. On every flight I experienced good service the crew handled any extra requests with a smile.

Lufthansa customer review

LH 429 Jan 31 2014 CLT to MUC. LH 428 Feb 8 2014 MUC-CLT. The service is excellent the crew polite and nice. No significant delays. Food is reasonably good for airline food. We certainly wouldn't choose a different airline to cross the Atlantic.

(Finland)

I flew from Philadelphia to Frankfurt. Plane was old Airbus A340-300 interior being in clean and good shape. Business having own check-in was nice staff being polite except supervisor having an argument with a customer at next counter. Almost better than real TV. For Business Class passengers there was own boarding lane. At Cabin boarding drink with choices were offered. Business class has lie flat seats but not latest fully flat yet. According to my knowledge Lufthansa is installing new fully flats on their fleet. During flight the service was nice first with cocktail and snacks. 15min later came food service with appetizers with choices. From three warm choices you can choose your main course. Wines were good and I slept rest of the flight comfortably and missed breakfast service.

Lufthansa customer review

LH 435 ORD-MUC 2/6/2014-2/7/2014. Good flight. I was lucky that the seat next to me was empty so I had more space. Otherwise the seat would have been really small. Service staff friendliness punctuality were all better than on previous flights with other airlines.