Vote Now

Lufthansa

"very attentive and pleasant"

(Cayman Islands)

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Cairo. Flight on time. The attendants were very attentive and pleasant. No in flight entertainment due to short flight. The food served was quite good and the flight arrived on time. Absolutely no complaints about the flight or service provided, a pleasant experience. Will fly with again!
RouteFrankfurt to Cairo

"Very pleasant experience"

Verified Review | Vancouver to Frankfurt. Flight on time, excellent in flight entertainment, superior to other airlines with over 150 different movies to watch and subtitles should you be hard of hearing. Friendly attendants and good food. Very pleasant experience and will fly again with this airline.
RouteVancouver to Frankfurt

"most inconvenient transfers"

(Spain)

Verified Review | The most inconvenient transfers I've had. Booked flights from Malaga to Auckland via Frankfurt and Tokyo on Lufthansa website. When buying online I did not notice that my stop in Japan had an arrival and departure from two different airports in Tokyo. No transfer information provided. Had to change 26€ to Japan currency and transfer my luggage in a 1:10hr bus trip. No reply from Lufthansa to my 3 complaints. I would expect the airline is responsible for all the transfers between flights, including my luggage. In my opinion Lufthansa has not given me what I thought I had bought.
RouteAGP to AKL via FRA / HND
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"follow-up of the complaints"

Verified Review | Toulouse to Bangkok via Frankfurt. All the flights went well. My opinion concerns only the after-sales service and the follow-up of the complaints. I was forced to return promptly for personal reasons and I contacted the company for a change of date of return. My return was on March 7, 2017. The customer service assigned me a file number by mail and I'm still waiting for their news! I had to buy an emergency ticket on another company to go back to France. No customer follow-up from Lufthansa is deplorable. I still have no news from them and I've been home for 15 days! They are ticket sellers, only.
RouteToulouse to Bangkok via Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2016

"couldn't stow my belongings"

Verified Review | Munich to Bilbao.My last flight experience with Lufthansa was not really nice due to the way boarding was handled. I couldn't stow my belongings in any of the overhead locker. I went to the aft of the aircraft looking for space but no luck. I was told by the crew to find space myself. I was really disappointed by the lack of care of the crew.
RouteMunich to Bilbao

"Enjoyed both flights"

Verified Review | Marseilles to Manchester via Frankfurt. First time on the A320 NEO. Enjoyed both flights but there seems to be a complete lack of organization at European airports during boarding, both flights allowed the usual business class & gold card holders priority boarding but then its a free for all with everyone vying for hand luggage space and blocking the aisles which in turn delayed the flights.
AircraftA320 NEO
RouteMRS to MAN via FRA
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"we got our knees whacked"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | New York JFK to Frankfurt. My wife and I were seated in 32E/F (middle of centre 4 seating with our backs up against the toilets and galley). There was no way of reclining our seats and very little leg room. This was bad enough for a 7.5 hour flight but as soon as we were in the air the passengers in front of us reclined their seats, the backs of their seats came back to very near our faces. Also with their movement we got our knees whacked. What really gets me is that we paid for what comfort Economy Class offers but this was Sub-Economy standard: we would have had more room to move in an animal crate in the hold. Trying to read or use a laptop was so awkward that we had to give up. The laptop could not be opened more than 45 degrees. We hit some turbulence along the way and were told to buckle up. After a long period of no turbulence my wife had to go to the toilet, as soon as she got into the aisle she was told in a very commanding voice to sit down. This happened again later on when the need was desperate. Still no more turbulence and again ordered to sit down. While this was going on the toilets further up the plane were doing business as usual. Don't the cabin crew care about the health of passengers?
RouteNew York JFK to Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2016

"very friendly cabin crew"

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Berlin via Frankfurt. Very friendly staff at check in, flight good, the food and seat were good, transit good, and very friendly cabin crew. I slept 8 hours on this 12 hour flight to Frankfurt and felt good when I arrived. The thing I would personally like, if the seats in business class would have a bit more privacy.
AircraftA380/A320
RouteHong Kong to Berlin via Frankfurt

"havoc and inconvenience"

Verified Review | Dublin to Delhi via Frankfurt. I have been flying with Lufthansa for the last two years and had a wonderful experience to begin with. But as the time is moving, the internal issues are creating havoc and inconvenience. Because of their pilot strike I lost money and had to cancel my booked plans. Even though they re-book my flight, it was again cancelled and lastly they gave me a seat on Ethiopian Airlines which is not the same standard. I have decided to move to Gulf carriers (Etihad or Emirates) as they have more convenient and better system to work with their passengers.
RouteDublin to Delhi via Frankfurt
Date FlownNovember 2016

"A380-800 is wonderful"

Unverified | Frankfurt to Delhi. This was my first time to fly Premium Economy Class - and certainly not my last time. The surcharge compared to regular Economy was moderate but the space and comfort level considerably higher. I was able to stretch my legs. The seat was also broader and more comfortable. In addition, there were some extras like a welcome drink, a menu and an amenity kid. While I would not describe the food as being superb it was tasty (choice between Indian vegetarian and Western non-veg). The A380-800 is a wonderful and exceptionally quiet aircraft, especially in the front part, where the Premium Economy seats are located. The cabin there also had a more secluded atmosphere. The plane looked very new and was in good condition. The tray could have been cleaned more thoroughly before boarding, though (in Frankfurt as well as in Delhi). The service was attentive and friendly on both flights. Last but not least: Both flights were on time or even slightly ahead of the scheduled arrival time.
AircraftA380-800