Lufthansa

"probably the best standards"

Verified Review | Prague to Los Angeles via Frankfurt. Lufthansa still provides probably the best standards for airlines in Europe, and this trip was comfortable and enjoyable - and good value! The short flight to Frankfurt was on time, small snack, coffee served and staff were very polite. Transfer in Frankfurt was quite easy this time, and had plenty of time for my checked bag to make it through. The long flight to Los Angeles was simply fabulous. Seats are comfortable enough, and similar to most other major airlines. The foods was really good, tasty and quite generous. Best was the cabin attendants who were all really nice. They were cheerful, smiley and spoke good English. Certainly some big changes since I last flew them in 2015. Keep up the good work.
RoutePrague to Los Angeles via Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"It was impossible to sleep"

Verified Review | I booked Lufthansa Business Class because I needed to sleep en-route in a quiet environment. I paid 67,000 Miles & More points for this supposedly restful, relaxing flight and I selected seat 1A on the lower deck of the 747-400 because it is supposedly a secluded area of the cabin. I discovered that two noisy young children were seated together in seats 1H and 1K, with their parents seated behind in 2H and 2K. The parents ignored them and left them to make as much noise as they wanted on the 11½ hour flight. They were loud and uncontrolled, and their laughing and shrieking lasted the entire journey, as did their playing with their overhead and angle-poise seat lights in the darkened cabin. It was impossible to sleep with this behaviour going on. Why does Lufthansa allow young children in long-haul Business Class? Why couldn’t the children have been seated one per row by the window with a parent to control them? Lufthansa is responsible for whom they allow into their aircraft cabins and for making informed decisions as to whether their behaviour would upset or disturb other premium passengers. On arrival at the Lufthansa lounge at Frankfurt I was told that my flight LH936 to LCY had been cancelled. I went to the reception desk and they had no explanation for the cancelled flight and I had been moved to LH918 flying to LHR. This was annoying because I had arranged a business dinner close to London City Airport which also had to be cancelled.
AircraftBoeing 747-400 / A320
RouteKansai to London via Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2017

"beverages were rarely offered"

Verified Review | Flight from Seattle to Frankfurt, start afternoon in SEA, arrival early morning in FRA, so it was a night flight. Unfortunately, aircraft was a Boeing, thus seats much narrower than in an Airbus. Flight on time and very calm - usual, very good Lufthansa standard. However, cabin staff was not very attentive and sometimes even rude. Beverages were only rarely offered, collection of garbage even more rare. During the night, cabin staff went through the cabin with beverage trays, but did not look carefully if some passengers might be awake and wishing something to drink. About 2 hours before landing, I asked a cabin attendant who passed by with a beverage tray whether she could pick off my garbage, i.e. three empty cups. She said that she is not allowed to put garbage on a tray with food products (which I know) and she had other guests to care for. She would be back later. I asked when as I was aware that they would soon have to start serving breakfast before landing, and she said "soon". I did not want to talk too much or too loudly as most other passengers slept, just wanted to know whether the next collection of garbage would happen after the breakfast, whether it would make sense to go to the washroom before without disturbing the distribution of breakfast etc. Had a flight with Air Canada from Frankfurt to Calgary three weeks earlier, and they offered beverages much more often, and they also collected garbage. It was my first time that I experienced rude Lufthansa cabin staff, but other airlines do offer beverages much more frequently during long-distance flights, and they also collect garbage more frequently. Breakfast: only savoury, omelette with roasted bacon and onions. I prefer a sweet breakfast and hoped to get some sort of German breakfast on a flight to Germany with a German airline: some bread, butter, jam, maybe cheese and sausage or even some yoghurt. I am aware that an airline cannot fully respond to all customers' wishes, but a choice between a Northern American breakfast and a continental (German) breakfast would have been highly appreciated. Why not offering two choices as they do with the warm dinner (pasta or chicken)? I still recommend and choose LH for short-distance flights within Europe. First because of Lufthansa's safety standards, second because I can cope with some kind of thirst during short flights.
RouteSeattle to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"she made us check it in"

Verified Review | Milan to Frankfurt. There was no group or seat boarding they just board everyone at one time! At the gate when you are waiting to be scanned the lady stopped every person to weigh their luggage and see if it fits into their sample size bin. We took our laptop and camera out of our carryon and the weight works but she said we can bring it because it won't fit into the sample bin and she made us check it in. Ridiculous and this causes boarding longer delay because she stops everyone. At check in they didn't even seat my husband and I together even though the seat next to me is empty.
RouteMilan to Frankfurt

"quality of the service"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Munich to Moscow. A320, no delays. It’s amazing even in a simple flight the quality of the service of Lufthansa Business Class. They will treat you by your name, they will smile and they care. The food well, this was part of my meal: Tuna Tanaki (Fresh), fine vegetable salad (also very fresh) Arugula Pesto and Wasabi Crème Fraiche after they serve me Prawns in Crustacean Sause, Basmati wild and Camargue rice (what a great rice) with cream Spinach. Sometimes I ask myself why I don’t have a Senator Card. The airplane was clean but no WiFi on-board, also no newspapers and Magazines, but with food and service like that who cares about newspapers.Well just a normal Lufthansa Flight
AircraftA320 200
RouteMunich to Moscow
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"LH is definitely worth the money"

Verified Review | Flew Lufthansa from Frankfurt to Hong Kong. Check in: Checked into this flight back in Toronto. Boarding: Smooth without hassle despite full flight. Aircraft: Airbus A380-800 "Wien". Original seat: 55D. Got an operational upgrade to seat 18D on upper deck at the boarding gate. Fully flat bed with great seat width/bed length. Big IFE screen with responsive control inputs. Lots of options to choose from. Very comfortable seat/cushion. Service: Professional cabin crew. A designated crew is responsible for a specific cabin sector. Very efficient "Restaurant Service". Crews are very attentive and promptly responded to various requests. Frequent cabin patrol with Beverages/hot towels. Catering Appetizers: Spiced Salmon with Turnip Celery Salad, Frankfurt Style Pesto& Pumpkin Seeds Seasonal leaf salad with tomato, cucumber and wasabi dressing Corn fed chicken breast with jus, leek tomato stew and herb polenta Panna cotta with lemon thyme, mango and passion fruit compote. Meal was still very hot, personally delivered from galley. Brunch: Fresh Fruit Parma Ham and Brie Cheese Scrambled egg with chives and sweet spicy cocktail tomato compote. Bottom line: On time departure/arrival. One of the best J class products/service available. Very quiet and clean aircraft. Solid and consistent service from crews. LH is definitely worth the money.
AircraftA380-800
RouteFrankfurt to Hong Kong
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Very professional and friendly crews"

Verified Review | Flew Lufthansa from Toronto to Frankfurt. Check in: Quick and efficient. Flight got delayed due operational reason. Very professionally handled by LH ground staff. Aircraft: 747-400. Location: 25D Premium Economy Cabin: very clean and quiet ride. Very comfortable seat with great recline and pitch/width. Easy to use/navigate IFE system with lots of options. Catering: Welcome drink and hot towel served. Appetizer: Romaine Salad, Cabbage, Carrot and Tomato presented with Italian Dressing. Main: Roasted Chicken and Polenta with Butternut Squash and Broccoli. Dessert: Walnut Brownie. Breakfast: Fresh Fruit, Turkey Breast and Ham, Gouda Cheese. Little note: Main was served with standard economy china but that was my least concern. Lufthansa always served very hot meals which was great and delicious. Service: Very professional and friendly crews. Numerous cabin patrols with various beverages. Requests handled promptly and professionally. Bottom line - Very solid and consistent hard and soft products. Very professional crews. Arrived EDDF with only slight delay.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteToronto to Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2017

"the service really good"

Verified Review | Chicago to Frankfurt. The flight was on-time and the service really good, but the seat configuration is not so good. I’m not tall, but I was really cramped during the entire journey. The seat in front of you is really nearby. The general space allowed is bad. Lufthansa didn’t thought about the installation of USB connectivity. Weird!
RouteChicago to Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2017

"best customer care possible"

Verified Review | Stuttgart to Moscow via Frankfurt. On route from my home town Munich to the airport of Stuttgart I realized that I had forgotten my passport at home. Unfortunately it was too late to return. I started to panic as I had to catch a connection in Moscow bound for Hong Kong and all tickets, including the Lufthansa ticket to Moscow, were not allowing any changes - meaning I'd lose all tickets worth approx 2000 Euro if I weren't to get a hold of my passport somehow. I called the LH Senator hotline and they were just wonderful - they really went the extra mile in order to help or offer solutions. They even offered to change my non-changable tickets if it was of any help. Same for the ground staff at STR and FRA airport. Everyone envolved cared and showed the best customer care possible. In the end I had a friend fly from MUC to FRA to deliver my passport. With the help and care of LH my problem was solved and I could travel as planned. The flights were the same high level of quality as all Lufthansa flights.
AircraftA320 / 321
RouteStuttgart to Moscow via Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"meals was surprisingly very good"

(Poland)

Verified Review | I was flying Gdańsk to Singapore via Munich / Frankfurt in Economy. GDN-MUC was operated by very small and thin CRJ-900 with very narrow cabin and standard Lufthansa service on regional flights. Anyway still there is a lot of space for legs. Second flight MUC-FRA took less than 1 hour and again I got some snack and set of drinks. Last flight was operated by double decker A380. Seats was comfortable with enough recline angle. Meals was surprisingly very good (it's not very common on Lufthansa flights). Plane was one of the oldest A380 in Lufthansa fleet, but in-flight entertainment system meets all today requirements, only headsets was very poor quality (plastic), so I was using my own headsets. USB charger in the armrest was working correctly. Unfortunately flight was fully occupied and I got quite big co-passenger so I had limited space (anyway it was not Lufthansa fault). Lounges in all airports was clean and well catered. This time 10 stars.
AircraftCRJ-900 / A320 / A380