Vote Now

Lufthansa

"my baggage is mislaid"

(Serbia)

Verified Review | My flight from Leipzig to Belgrade via Frankfurt was delayed for one hour, so they made a change to fly via Munich, so that I could make my connection flight to Belgrade. The Munich flight was delayed for 45 minutes, so I have 10 minutes for connection on Munich airport. Cabin crew didn't make any effort to give me some information or contact someone on gate. I made it after running to the gate. And in the end, I am arriving to Belgrade, and my baggage is mislaid.
RouteLeipzig to Belgrade via Munich

"was very inconvenienced"

(Norway)

Verified Review | I was very inconvenienced when they cancelled flights from Oslo to Berlin via Frankfurt on which I was booked, due to industrial action. I have also experienced several "rescheduled flights", which were an inconvenience, but they were quite accommodating with rebooking me onto alternative convenient flights. It so happened that a trip to Malta this year got one of those "rescheduled" flights. This time, I did get rebooked onto alternative flights to my liking, however, I it was a nightmare... with several emails, phone calls, a visit to the airport in Malta (only to be told to call their call centre in South Africa. To cut a long story short, Lufthansa keeps stooping lower even when you thought it had reached rock bottom. I've come to the conclusion that flying Ryanair is probably better than flying with Lufthansa (maybe, cheaper too).
AircraftA320 / A321
RouteOslo to Malta via Frankfurt
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"appreciative to the staff"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | It was flight LH1492 Frankfurt to Kiev. I forgot my IPad in the plane and only next morning after late flight I have noticed that my IPad was lost. I come to Kiev Borispil airport and get my IPad back. I'm so appreciative to the staff of Lugthansa for finding my personal thing and give me it back.
RouteFrankfurt to Kiev
Date FlownMarch 2017

"above average for airplane food"

Verified Review | Munich to Madrid on March 5th, 2017 in business class. Overall a very pleasant experience: Separate fast-track security for business class passengers at Munich airport, the Schengen business lounge at MUC´s Terminal 2 satellite nice and convenient, boarding on time with priority boarding respected, aircraft interior well-kept and clean, take-off on time. Lufthansa offers a three-course meal with a choice of to main courses on MUC-MAD sector. We tried chicken, a bit overcooked but still above average for airplane food. Comfortable seating with a free middle seat and good legroom. Lufthansa´s main asset is it´s cabin crew who are always friendly and service-minded and greet you by name. To be recommended.
RouteMunich to Madrid
Date FlownMarch 2017

"got what I had paid for"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Bucharest. Newer aircraft. Boarding on time but a little chaotic. Leaving at time, arriving about 20 minutes early at destination. Full drink service and a sandwich (turkey or cheese) on the flight. Nothing special, so I skipped the food. Was able to read in an journal I could download on my iPad. Good idea, although the link was not working at first. I got what I had paid for.
AircraftA320 (sharklets)
RouteFRA to OTP

"good-humoured and service-minded"

Verified Review | Madrid to Munich on March 12th 2017. Another pleasant experience in Lufthansa´s business class. Having passed the efficient and surprisingly curteous security checks at Barajas Terminal 2 we went to the Puerta de Alcala Schengen lounge which turned out to be a nice experience (see my separate review). Boarding in Barajas efficient and on-time with priority boarding respected. Aircraft interior clean and well-kept as usual, take-off on time. The cabin crew on this flight was particularly cheerful, good-humoured and service-minded, and the food (three courses with a choice of two main dishes, tried the fish, delicious) was even better than on the inbound flight. Unfortunately, coffee was entirely devoid of taste. Landed in MUC on time with good information about arrival procedures and connecting flights. To be recommended.
RouteMadrid to Munich

"10 minutes late"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Berlin to Munich. What a disappointment this 50 mins flight was. 10 minutes late may seem not much, but it adds up. The service was really bad. Food served without bread. Service interrupted without getting a glass of water due to mild turbulence. One wonders what justifies the price paid for the ticket? Unless I have no other alternative, I will not fly this airline again.
RouteBerlin to Munich

"a very good experience"

Verified Review | Rome to Lisbon via Munich was a very good experience with Lufthansa. Crew on both flights were engaging, warm and caring. The cabin feels elegant, flights left on time, catering has improved and quality of food is very good. On the Munich to Lisbon flight, menu cards were handed out and provided a choice of 3 mains which all looked good, both in quantity and quality. Presentation of the food was good. Drinks were offered several times and a swiss chocolate bar was given to acompany coffee or tea. The intra-european entertainement system was available using the E-app which is very nice. Only little minus is the slightly hard seat cushion which could be softer, room offered is sufficuent though. Would recommend.
AircraftA320/321
RouteMunich to Lisbon
Date FlownMarch 2017

"my flight has been cancelled"

Verified Review | Manchester to Sao Paulo via Frankfurt. I was checking my booking when I received a message with a deal to upgrade from economic class to executive, since the deal appeared to be good I entered all my card details to upgrade, I confirmed and never got a confirmation email with any reference. Instead what I got was a cancellation message. I rang the company straight away and the person that I talked to told be not to worry as the confirmation could take a little longer but that the flight was fine. Now after a week I been calling the company to confirm that my flight is ok and they told me that my flight has been cancelled. No money returned to me, no upgrade was made nothing. I am very disappointed as I made all preparations for my holiday and now I don't know what to do.
RouteManchester to Sao Paulo via Frankfurt
Date FlownMarch 2017

"return fare more than 700€"

Verified Review | Munich to Cologne return in Business Class. The return fare was more than 700€, the service was mediocre at best. Although there was plenty of time for the flight attendants to conduct the service on this 1 hour flight, they did not ask the passengers whether they would like to have a second coffee or juice with breakfast. Even worse was the experience with the return flight. My meetings in the Cologne area finished early, I hoped to be able to change my fight to an earlier one without any additional charge. However I got told that I would have to pay another 50€ although the Business Class on those earlier flights was half empty. This brought the fare to more than 750€ for a round trip with 65 minutes flying time.
RouteMunich to Cologne