Top 100 Airlines

Lufthansa

"economy seat rows"

Verified Review | Lufthansa A321 business class on 4 hour flight from Frankfurt to Cairo is basically economy seat rows with the middle seat blocked off. There is no entertainment system unless you down load an app on your phone / notebook, and no charging facilities. This is a rip off and competes with some airlines that offer widebody business class, seats and entertainment. LH have had a special fare for this route for months which is about 20% lower than the other airline, and when you work for a major company with travel policies they will of course go with the cheapest option. I feel Lufthansa are charging a pseudo business class fare for economy. I will do everything I can not to fly with them again. I sent LH feedback but of course no response.
RouteABZ to CAI via FRA
Date FlownApril 2016

"all in all an excellent flight"

Verified Review | Short flight from Barcelona to Frankfurt in business class. Upon check-in at LH counters I asked if I could have my ticket changed to an earlier flight even though I was booked on a restricted ticket. The LH agent changed my reservation to the earliest possible flight which was leaving 40 minutes after I had completed my check-in. Great service! Onboard I was greeted by name. Crew extremely friendly and caring. Seats comfy and the typical intra euro layout, fine for me. Lunch was served after take-off, a small meal but of very good quality. Different kinds of teas were offered. I gladly chose the green tea. Arrival on time. All in all an excellent flight with Lufthansa.
RouteBCN to FRA

"everything went smooth"

Verified Review | Flew Lufthansa from Munich to Seville return for leisure, both flights were fully booked. The crew was friendly, attentive and everything went smooth. However, instead of breakfast, a piece of cake was the only choice of food, which did not impress the passengers. What I found very impressive was the dedicated check-in counter for families at Munich airport, which helped us a lot in starting our first flight with the baby with confidence!
AircraftA320-200
RouteMUC to SVQ

"solid Lufthansa quality"

(Finland)

Lufthansa seems to fill their planes easily: full flights Helsinki to Dresden via Munich on a Thursday evening (A319/CRJ900) and similarly full on the return via Frankfurt on a Monday afternoon (A319/A321). Onboard the service was solid Lufthansa quality on all sectors with competent crews plus sandwiches and drinks as usual, but the fact that we were bussed from and to aircraft at Munich and Frankfurt made the transfers quite tedious. The highlight was the plane change at FRA where we arrived at around gates A1-A2 by bus, walked all the way to gate A69 in the newest terminal extension (T1) and realized that we're bussed back to around gates A1-A2 where the A321 to Helsinki was waiting for us. 9/10 for their solid performance and 4/10 for the transfer arrangements between flights, it was so hot and unpleasant in the buses.
AircraftA319 / CRJ900 / A321
RouteHEL to DRS via MUC
Date FlownApril 2016

"not having a choice of meal"

Verified Review | Marseille to Hong Kong via Frankfurt. My first flight from Marseille to Frankfurt was ok, one of the flight attendant was nice and smiling. I do get that fly attendants are not waiters but trained professional here to assure our security, but having them smile is much appreciated. We were a bit late, it may be only 20 minutes but it shortened my connecting time. Second flight from Frankfurt to Hong Kong was not good. Being served last and not having a choice of meal is something I do not care about. I was pretty close to the galley and could hear FA's chatting/giggling very loudly for most of the flight, and they should have cared a bit more. Most of them were quite cold and they were not serving drinks enough. The seats weren't comfortable, and once the front seat reclines it feels way too cramped, I was surprised it could be reclined that much. Sit back and enjoy the Lufthansa entertainment programme is more like sit back and enjoy your own device. I thought I read they updated their IFE not long ago, well it looks more like they gave it a vintagy feel with movies from 90'. So I would rate Lufthansa as my worst flying experience and don't recommend them.
RouteMRS to HKG via FRA
Date FlownApril 2016

"my ticket was cancelled"

Verified Review | I had a trip booked from Dortmund to Moscow via Frankfurt. Dortmund to Frankfurt was a train journey, I missed the train and there was no LH support staff at the station, meaning that my whole journey got cancelled. I called LH and they told me that I had to speak to the miles and more service centre as I had an award ticket. I couldn't contact them because they open at 7:00 am and not all their numbers work at weekends. When I finally managed to speak to somebody they told me in broken English that my ticket was cancelled. I tried calling them again and the call centre staff were unprofessional and unfriendly, one operator just terminated the call when I asked if she spoke English.
RouteFRA to DME
Date FlownApril 2016

"cabin crew were wonderful"

(South Africa)

A very short Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to Paris CDG and on time. The aircraft may be old, but the interior felt like new. The seats were spacious and very comfortable for the flight time given. In the short time, we were served a very light meal and the cabin crew were wonderful to deal with. I'd recommend the airline for such flights.
RouteFRA to CDG
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"Lot of unnecessary stress"

Verified Review | Berlin to Mumbai via Munich, and rude treatment at Berlin check in. First, my flight from Berlin to Munich was cancelled without any pre warning from the airline. Fortunately I was able to catch an earlier flight to make my connection. This was only possible because I arrived at the airport 4 hours in advance. The check in staff falsely said that my Indian visa was expired. When they realized that it was not expired, they said that it was a false visa. Post lots of discussion, they finally concluded that the visa was valid, however wanted me to show them my return flight, which is absurd because I live in India and have a working visa. Lot of unnecessary stress due to staff rudeness and lack of knowledge.
RouteTXL to BOM via MUC

"a very nice experience"

Nice, unspectacular flight from Cologne to Munich. Senator Lounge in CGN a bit small but makes a cozy yet modern apperance, friendly staff and food was OK. Flight attendants friendly, Captain made (quite uncommon for such short flights) a nice announcement and thanked us personally for flying LH. Baggage delivered promptly. All in all a very nice experience and a good alternative to travelling by train (timewise and with regard to quality).
RouteCGN to MUC

"flight attendants professional"

Seattle to Rome via Frankfurt, and Lufthansa is an excellent airline. Friendly staff, flight attendants professional and engaging. We paid extra for extra legroom seats, and worth every cent. Regular economy seemed a bit cramped. Inflight entertainment worked perfectly and had plenty of options. Cabin clean, and newly refurbished. Food plentiful, and good, and two hot meals on the long haul sectors.
RouteSEA to FCO via FRA