Vote Now

Lufthansa

"follow-up of the complaints"

Verified Review | Toulouse to Bangkok via Frankfurt. All the flights went well. My opinion concerns only the after-sales service and the follow-up of the complaints. I was forced to return promptly for personal reasons and I contacted the company for a change of date of return. My return was on March 7, 2017. The customer service assigned me a file number by mail and I'm still waiting for their news! I had to buy an emergency ticket on another company to go back to France. No customer follow-up from Lufthansa is deplorable. I still have no news from them and I've been home for 15 days! They are ticket sellers, only.
RouteToulouse to Bangkok via Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2016

"couldn't stow my belongings"

Verified Review | Munich to Bilbao.My last flight experience with Lufthansa was not really nice due to the way boarding was handled. I couldn't stow my belongings in any of the overhead locker. I went to the aft of the aircraft looking for space but no luck. I was told by the crew to find space myself. I was really disappointed by the lack of care of the crew.
RouteMunich to Bilbao

"Enjoyed both flights"

Verified Review | Marseilles to Manchester via Frankfurt. First time on the A320 NEO. Enjoyed both flights but there seems to be a complete lack of organization at European airports during boarding, both flights allowed the usual business class & gold card holders priority boarding but then its a free for all with everyone vying for hand luggage space and blocking the aisles which in turn delayed the flights.
AircraftA320 NEO
RouteMRS to MAN via FRA
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"we got our knees whacked"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | New York JFK to Frankfurt. My wife and I were seated in 32E/F (middle of centre 4 seating with our backs up against the toilets and galley). There was no way of reclining our seats and very little leg room. This was bad enough for a 7.5 hour flight but as soon as we were in the air the passengers in front of us reclined their seats, the backs of their seats came back to very near our faces. Also with their movement we got our knees whacked. What really gets me is that we paid for what comfort Economy Class offers but this was Sub-Economy standard: we would have had more room to move in an animal crate in the hold. Trying to read or use a laptop was so awkward that we had to give up. The laptop could not be opened more than 45 degrees. We hit some turbulence along the way and were told to buckle up. After a long period of no turbulence my wife had to go to the toilet, as soon as she got into the aisle she was told in a very commanding voice to sit down. This happened again later on when the need was desperate. Still no more turbulence and again ordered to sit down. While this was going on the toilets further up the plane were doing business as usual. Don't the cabin crew care about the health of passengers?
RouteNew York JFK to Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2016

"very friendly cabin crew"

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Berlin via Frankfurt. Very friendly staff at check in, flight good, the food and seat were good, transit good, and very friendly cabin crew. I slept 8 hours on this 12 hour flight to Frankfurt and felt good when I arrived. The thing I would personally like, if the seats in business class would have a bit more privacy.
AircraftA380/A320
RouteHong Kong to Berlin via Frankfurt

"havoc and inconvenience"

Verified Review | Dublin to Delhi via Frankfurt. I have been flying with Lufthansa for the last two years and had a wonderful experience to begin with. But as the time is moving, the internal issues are creating havoc and inconvenience. Because of their pilot strike I lost money and had to cancel my booked plans. Even though they re-book my flight, it was again cancelled and lastly they gave me a seat on Ethiopian Airlines which is not the same standard. I have decided to move to Gulf carriers (Etihad or Emirates) as they have more convenient and better system to work with their passengers.
RouteDublin to Delhi via Frankfurt
Date FlownNovember 2016

"A380-800 is wonderful"

Unverified | Frankfurt to Delhi. This was my first time to fly Premium Economy Class - and certainly not my last time. The surcharge compared to regular Economy was moderate but the space and comfort level considerably higher. I was able to stretch my legs. The seat was also broader and more comfortable. In addition, there were some extras like a welcome drink, a menu and an amenity kid. While I would not describe the food as being superb it was tasty (choice between Indian vegetarian and Western non-veg). The A380-800 is a wonderful and exceptionally quiet aircraft, especially in the front part, where the Premium Economy seats are located. The cabin there also had a more secluded atmosphere. The plane looked very new and was in good condition. The tray could have been cleaned more thoroughly before boarding, though (in Frankfurt as well as in Delhi). The service was attentive and friendly on both flights. Last but not least: Both flights were on time or even slightly ahead of the scheduled arrival time.
AircraftA380-800
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteFrankfurt to Delhi
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"no surprises with Lufthansa"

Verified Review | I took Lufthansa flight LH457 from Los Angeles to Frankfurt as the first leg of a trip to Warsaw. For this flight, Lufthansa uses the standard A380. I sat in seat 11D (middle row) in the upper deck. The first thing you feel in boarding this aircraft is that Lufthansa is efficient, courteous and professional. The cabin is clean if not a bit bland, but overall has a comfortable feel to it. The configuration is a 2-2-2, so the middle row is the best bet, as each seat is an aisle. The seats are comfortable and are lay-flat. My only issue is that the controls for the seat are touch and therefore, if you are resting your arm on the armrest, you seat tends to "readjust" itself if you brush against the controls. In the lay flat position, the seats are typical of most airlines as they are not exceedly wide, like Singapore Airlines, and narrow for the footwell. One issue is that your feet land on a ledge on the bulkhead which has only a small divider between your feet and your neighbors. Often during the flight, I was awoken as my seatmate changed position and her feet brushed mine. A minor inconvenience, but for some may be too creepy. The service on the flight was very good, if not at the personal level of some of the Asian competitors. The food was decent, but not exceptional and misses the touches of other airlines like ANA, Singapore or even Austrian. The in-flight entertainment is very good. The TV screens are large, clear and easy to see both in the dark and with the cabin lights on. The screen is operated by touch or a remote. You have a massive amount of choices and they seem to have many of the latest movies. Overall, the flight does what it is advertised to do. It gets you there safely, comfortably and in timely manner. There are no surprises with Lufthansa.
RouteLos Angeles to Frankfurt
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"flight was friendly and efficient with timely service"

Verified Review | Inter-Europe Business Class is always a disappointment and Lufthansa's A319 is no exception. This flight was LH1348 between Frankfurt and Warsaw and although it is a relatively short flight, it is always connected with a long-haul to Frankfurt, so after 10 hours of flight-time, being crammed into coach seats is never welcome. If you have not flown Inter-Europe flights, most airlines do not have a separate business class configuration. They use coach seats and then do not book the middle seat. The service is upgraded in these seats, but you are basically being wedged into coach seats at a business class price. As always, though, with Lufthansa, this flight was friendly and efficient with timely service, a decent meal and no surprises.
RouteFrankfurt to Warsaw
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"Lufthansa is a reliable airline"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Hamburg. Boarding began in time and we were welcomed by seasoned crew member handing out crisp packets (25 grams). The flight was fairly light and I had a row for me. The aircraft was clean and legspace, with recaro seats, enough for short haul flights. After airborne full bar service. Lufthansa puts higher emphasis on drink service. If they can combine this with proper snack service, it would be great as not all passengers are into drinking alcohol. A warm bread roll would be a good option. One more point is Lufthansa should soon introduce zone wise boarding. This avoids long and unwanted queue inside dock channel and waiting inside aircraft for passengers to settle. Otherwise, Lufthansa is a reliable airline.
RouteFrankfurt to Hamburg