Top 100 Airlines

Lufthansa

"crew were extremely friendly"

Verified Review | Bangalore to Porto via Frankfurt, and my first flight with Lufthansa was the most memorable one! When we arrived for check-in at Bangalore airport, staff offered to upgrade us to business class since we were traveling in premium economy. The crew on all the flights we took were extremely friendly. We were given a choice of food catering to our needs and a fine selection of wines. The seats were very comfortable (flatbeds). The Captain interacted well with the passengers too. Even on our return from Lisbon, the ground staff were extremely courteous. We were seamlessly transferred to our flights. I had a great time flying Lufthansa and will definitely pick them as my favoured airlines owing to the great staff that work for them.
RouteBLR to OPO via FRA

"money well spent"

Flew Lufthansa from Addis Ababa to Frankfurt. Lufthansa staff in Addis were visible and helpful at check-in. Addis airport is the usual smoke-filled chaos it has always been. Repeated security checks make your journey through this airport frustrating. Welcome on-board was friendly and helpful. Seating is directly behind the business class cabin on the A330 (3 rows) with only a small 30cm partition hanging from the ceiling between you and the row behind, which is ‘regular economy’. Some passengers from the economy section tried their luck by moving to a PE seat but were soon informed that there is an ‘extra charge’ for that seat. They soon went back to their seats in economy. As this was a night flight with a stop in Jeddah we were offered a substantial snack just after take-off (at about 11.30pm local time) after which I settled in to sleep through the stop in JED if possible. The snack was a hot meal (I chose the vegetarian option) nicely presented on a small tray with chinaware and metal cutlery. A choice of wines was served in glasses and additionally, an amenity pack with all the basics you might need for the flight was provided (including those socks that no one ever, ever uses!). I have heard it said that the PE food service is identical to the economy offer. While I could not see what the passengers behind me were eating, the method of service is very different and you do feel that you are receiving an elevated standard of service. Prior to take off in Jeddah, welcome drinks were served (juice). To be honest, I settled in for the night after that so missed the meal service and woke only for breakfast, which in itself tells you that the seat is comfortable enough to get a decent night’s sleep. The adjustable headrest with head support makes all the difference. If I am to offer a tip, take the first row of PE if possible, on the aisle. These seats have extendable leg rests (not just the ones that are fitted to the seat in front of you) and so offer support to your entire leg/calves which makes for a more comfortable journey. LH PE is NOT a watered down C Class product. It is economy. However, the enhancements are good and sufficient to make me feel that it was money well spent and money well-saved from the full C class fare. I felt that I was an almost-premium passenger but was left in no doubt that the C class product (which could occasionally be peeked at through the curtains) was entirely superior - as it should be.
RouteADD to FRA
Date FlownMay 2016

"comfortable to get a decent sleep"

Verified Review | Addis Ababa to Frankfurt. Lufthansa Duty Station Manager was visible and helpful at check-in. Addis airport is the usual smoke-filled chaos it has always been. Repeated security checks make your journey through this airport frustrating. Welcome on-board was friendly and helpful. Premium economy seating is directly behind the business class cabin on the A330 (3 rows) with only a small 30cm partition hanging from the ceiling between you and the row behind, which is regular economy. If this is a well thought out marketing tool - I applaud LH, however I would prefer an entirely separate cabin with separate toilets (these became very dirty and did not appear to be attended to by the cabin crew for hours at a time). Some passengers from the economy section tried their luck by moving to a Premium economy seat but were soon informed that there is an ‘extra charge’ for that seat. They soon went back to their seats in economy. As this was a night flight with a stop in Jeddah we were offered a substantial snack just after take-off (at about 11:30pm local time) after which I settled in to sleep through the stop in JED if possible. The snack was a hot meal (I chose the vegetarian option) nicely presented on a small tray with chinaware and metal cutlery. A choice of wines was served in glasses and additionally, an amenity pack with all the basics you might need for the flight was provided (including those socks that no one ever, ever uses!). I have heard it said that the PE food service is identical to the economy offer. While I could not see what the passengers behind me were eating, the method of service is very different and you do feel that you are receiving an elevated standard of service. Prior to take off in Jeddah, welcome drinks were served (juice). I settled in for the night after that so missed the meal service and woke only for breakfast, which in itself tells you that the seat is comfortable enough to get a decent night’s sleep. The adjustable headrest with head support makes all the difference. If I am to offer a tip, take the first row of Premium economy if possible, on the aisle. These seats have extendable leg rests (not just the ones that are fitted to the seat in front of you) and so offer support to your entire leg/calves which makes for a more comfortable journey. LH PE is NOT a watered down C Class product. It IS economy. However, the enhancements are good and sufficient to make a ‘sky-snob’ like me feel that it was money well spent and (sorry Lufthansa) money well-saved from the full C class fare. I felt that I was a premium passenger but was left in no doubt that the C class product (which could occasionally be peeked at through the curtains) was entirely superior - as it should be.
RouteADD to FRA
Date FlownMay 2016

"can't complain about leg room"

(Czech Republic)

Prague to Toronto via Frankfurt. Lufthansa improved its economy class in recent years. I hadn't flown economy class on Lufthansa for at least 8 years and finally their got individual IFE screens. The movie selection is pretty limited but I really liked the live TV option. The flight attendants were reluctant to speak English to me. Drinks were served throughout the flight and were available in the galley at all times and the food as okay. Despite being over 6 feet tall I can't complain about the leg room and the flight arrived ahead of schedule.
RoutePRG to YYZ viaFRA
Date FlownMay 2016

"better and more spacious seating"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Travelled Buenos Aires to Frankfurt on Boeing 747-8, connecting onto Copenhagen on an A319 22-23 May 2016. Check in opened 4 hours before departure and were polite and patient. Lounge in EZE fail to deliver on food. Champagne (Argentinean) only after request. For premium economy, only better and more spacious seating is offered – and a ridiculous amenity kit, good for nothing. Food and drinks very limited, small portions, same as for normal economy. Only meat/protein option was chicken. FA professional and genuine. Both flights on time. Senator lounge in FRA surprisingly good food and drinks, but very crowded. For the (very expensive) price paid its not recommended.
AircraftBoeing 747-8 / A319
RouteEZE to CPH via FRA
Date FlownMay 2016

"staff very friendly and helpful"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Porto. Boarding was simple and efficient. Airplane was very clean and modern. Quiet flight, even with a bit of bad weather the flight was very enjoyable. Staff was very friendly and helpful and interacted with the passengers. One of the best, if not the best crew with whom I have flown so far. Seats comfortable and spacious for this type of aircraft, the seats a little bit thinner than in older A321 so we had more legroom. Food was tasty, just a sandwich, a chocolate, drink and coffee but it was fresh and tasty. There was a wide selection of beverages on board, and for those wanting to shop the in flight catalogue. I have to say I wasn't supposed to fly Lufthansa but Brussels Airlines but due to the events prior on Zaventem airport and the french air controlers strike I had to be rebooked, and Lufthansa was simply amazing at finding me another flight. Fast, simple, efficient and nice.
RouteFRA to OPO

"tasteless and disappointing"

(Japan)

Verified Review | Sao Paulo to Nagoya via Frankfurt. I've been flying with Lufthansa before, and I am not usually bothered by their service in general. But this time, I decided to request diabetic food. I have always been afraid of diabetes meals, since they are usually tasteless and disappointing. Whatever that was, it was by no means a diabetic meal, no matter the DB they may print on the coverage. Specifically, the flights leaving Frankfurt. I've attached the photo of a meal. A plate full of carbohydrates (potatoes) and that is it. The onboard crew was very attentive and understanding, and provided me with other option of normal food they had available and that was much more like DB meal, for me. So, besides the supposed DB meal I have no complains at all. I would recommend the airline with caution for that point. So, if you are diabetic and will fly with Lufthansa, don't even bother asking for special meal.
RouteGRU to NGO via FRA
Date FlownMay 2016

"seats are extremely comfy"

Singapore to Frankfurt return with Lufthansa. The A380 Premium Economy seats are extremely comfy and the size of the entertainment screen and programs offered were excellent, as was the food and welcome juice. I was addressed by name and crew were chatty, caring and efficient. The seats are located on the lower deck right at the front with your own toilets and a curtain behind you to separate you from Economy. The galley is also in that section and there were plenty of 'midnight snacks and always drinks and crew available and happy to chat. Premium Economy comes with 2 × 23kg check - in baggage allowance too, so shopping in Germany was not a problem. The 500ml bottle of water in each seat on arrival as well as a funky amenity kit and hot towels were appreciated. Highly recommended product.
RouteSIN to FRA

"economy seat rows"

Verified Review | Lufthansa A321 business class on 4 hour flight from Frankfurt to Cairo is basically economy seat rows with the middle seat blocked off. There is no entertainment system unless you down load an app on your phone / notebook, and no charging facilities. This is a rip off and competes with some airlines that offer widebody business class, seats and entertainment. LH have had a special fare for this route for months which is about 20% lower than the other airline, and when you work for a major company with travel policies they will of course go with the cheapest option. I feel Lufthansa are charging a pseudo business class fare for economy. I will do everything I can not to fly with them again. I sent LH feedback but of course no response.
RouteABZ to CAI via FRA
Date FlownApril 2016

"all in all an excellent flight"

Verified Review | Short flight from Barcelona to Frankfurt in business class. Upon check-in at LH counters I asked if I could have my ticket changed to an earlier flight even though I was booked on a restricted ticket. The LH agent changed my reservation to the earliest possible flight which was leaving 40 minutes after I had completed my check-in. Great service! Onboard I was greeted by name. Crew extremely friendly and caring. Seats comfy and the typical intra euro layout, fine for me. Lunch was served after take-off, a small meal but of very good quality. Different kinds of teas were offered. I gladly chose the green tea. Arrival on time. All in all an excellent flight with Lufthansa.
RouteBCN to FRA