Top 100 Airports

Lufthansa

"excellent airline and polite staff"

(Italy)

San Francisco to Bologna via Frankfurt. Excellent airline and polite staff. We feel that passenger safety is their priority which they have proven on multiple occasions. Nevertheless, they should do something about their partner airlines whose professionalism is not as high. On the San Francisco Airport, the staff of their partner airline didn't want to let our 12 year old son into the Senator Lounge because a Gold membership card allows only one guest. They asked us to pay $59 for him to enter for only 1 hour (the time we had before our flight to Frankfurt) which we okayed. As if $59 was not enough they said that our MasterCard didn't have any money on it (not true) and on top of it all didn't want to accept cash. So they turned us away. This has never happened to us before. We were allowed to go into every single lounge around the world without paying an extra fee for our son. Bad image for Star Alliance indeed.
RouteSFO to BLQ via FRA
Date FlownAugust 2016

"service friendly and efficient"

(New Zealand)

After a painful transfer through Frankfurt from a CX flight. (Delays for both security and bus transfer) we finally arrived at one of the Lufthansa lounges. We had probably closer the wrong one, as this was horrendously busy, with little comfortable seating. Breakfast offering was a reasonably good choice of cold continental food. The flight from Frankfurt to Malta boarded on time. The plane was clean and service friendly and efficient. A decent continental breakfast (see photo) was served, along with good coffee and sparkling wine. A choice of magazines was also available on board. We landed on time and luggage retrieval was efficient.
RouteFRA to MLA
Date FlownJuly 2016

"the flight was very comfortable"

Verified Review | The staff was very kind and pleasant and the flight from Munich to Toronto was very comfortable. We got bumped up to Business Class which was very nice. The meals weren't bad, and everything was good until we came to Toronto. We had to get our bags (2 big bags) and take them with us through customs but when we went to get our bags they were not there, this also happened when we were flying to Zagreb the first time. I was not impressed, we went to go ask the lady at the baggage claim who worked for the airline, but she was very rude. After we filled out the form to claim our bags, we were told they might meet you in Saskatoon, which they didn't. Once we got to Sasktoon we went to the bag claim where they couldn't even trace our bags, and they told us once they know they will contact us and send them to us. We called the next day to see if they found them and they did not, they then told us to call back tomorrow because they still can't trace them.
RouteMUC to YYZ
Date FlownAugust 2016

"highly professional and personable"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Frankfurt in First Class. Lufthansa uses the United Global First Lounge at SFO, a pleasant, but unremarkable, space. Lufthansa's A380 First Class cabin has an 8-seat arrangement. I was in 1A, right in the front and on the second deck of the aircraft. Upon entry into the cabin each First Class passenger is given a personal locker to store carry-on luggage. The seat was extremely comfortable, with a modicum of privacy provided by an adjustable screen separator. Two spacious washrooms serviced the First Class cabin. Where Lufthansa's First Class product excelled was in its exceptional onboard service. The lady flight attendant assigned to me was highly professional and personable, anticipating my needs as the flight progressed. Turndown service with mattress and blanket was provided when I wanted to sleep. Since I don't drink alcoholic beverages there's nothing to add to on that front. As for the food, this is as good as it gets on a flight, but I like to eat light. After landing, I went to the excellent Lufthansa First Class Lounge at FRA, an oasis of calm, and after a relaxing couple of hours was driven in a limousine via the tarmac directly to my outbound aircraft.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteSFO to FRA

"the staff was friendly"

(Egypt)

Verified Review | Cairo to Mexico City via Frankfurt. The aircraft for first leg (CAI-FRA) was small compared to the passengers. The seats were not that comfortable, there is no flight entertainment at all but overall not that bad. Second leg (FRA-MEX) flight was really great. The food was great and the staff was friendly. The seat was ok but in my opinion it needed more cushion in order for a passenger to withstand a 12 hour flight in the same seat.
AircraftA321 / Boeing 747-8I
RouteCAI to MEX via FRA
Date FlownOctober 2015

"crew was nice and friendly "

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Kansai. Boarding was fast for such a big airplane and at my seat, a blanket, headphones (which I didn't used as I had my owns), pillow and a bottle of water. The seat was ok for economy class and the onboard entertainment was nice, simple to use and with good availability of media. The crew was nice and friendly and just a few minutes after we reached cruising speed they served the first meal, with choice of international cuisine and cuisine from our destination. Food looked and tasted very good. The crew served drinks regularly and served a small snack mid flight. Prior to our landing, the crew served breakfast.
RouteFRA to KIX
Date FlownJuly 2016

"crew was nice and polite"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | It was the first flight of the day from Porto to Frankfurt with Lufthansa. Ground staff was very helpful replying to all my questions and forwarding my bags to my final destination and were very polite and efficient. After which Lufthansa was kind enough to provide me a nice selection of electronic reading material for my trip, which was a nice touch. Boarding was fast and efficient and the plane departed on time. It was a very clean and new looking plane, with comfortable seats and we were lucky to get the new inflight entertainment system where with your mobile phone you could download the Lufthansa app and connect to the airplane's inflight wi-fi system to stream music, videos or just see the flight progress. Very nice touch for a short/medium flight, which generally don't provide any kind of entertainment whatsoever. Cabin crew was nice and polite as always and served us a simple, yet very tasty breakfast, with a very nice sandwich made of rye bread. The flight was pleasant, quiet and with no turbulence. Arriving at Frankfurt the staff was more than helpful in directing us to the boarding gates to our connection flight - transfer process was fast, simple and quiet.
RouteOPO to FRA
Date FlownJuly 2016

"inflight service was good"

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Leipzig via Frankfurt. I had the opportunity to reserve an Economy seat in the upper deck of Lufthansa's Airbus A380. They come with much legroom and a spacious compartment next to your window seat where the pillows can be stowed. The inflight service was good and included many drinks, a dinner meal and a breakfast. The IFE provided some of the latest movies and outside cameras.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 737-300
RouteHKG to LEJ via FRA
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"excellent service on the short hop"

Tehran to London via Frankfurt with Lufthansa. Once again very impressed by LH - clean aircraft departing on time with excellent inflight service on the short hop from Frankfurt to London City. However the inflight service from Tehran to Frankfurt fell way below expectations - surly staff and lack of service from same. If only the long haul cabin crew were as good as the short haul crews they would be a world beating operator.
AircraftA330 / E190
RouteIKA to LCY via FRA
Date FlownJune 2016

"cabin staff service was good"

Bucharest to New York JFK via Frankfurt. I am pleased with my travels on Lufthansa. On the first flight (short haul from Bucharest to Frankfurt) the flight was quick, the crew served sandwiches and drinks. Seat comfort and legroom adequate for the length of the flight. For the layover in Frankfurt, we had 1 hour and 40 minutes, and we made the next flight with ease. Lufthansa's hub in Frankfurt is organized, and signage is clear. The next flight was even better. Food was delicious for economy class, and service was relatively quick. Inflight entertainment was good, not the best but good enough for the length of the flight. The cabin staff service was good too. The flight crew gave out playing cards, and even toys to small children. They also were efficient and helpful. Legroom was not cramped but it wasn't much either. Overall, I would fly with Lufthansa again.
AircraftBoeing 747-8 / A320