Lufthansa

"very pleased with Lufthansa"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Sofia return via Frankfurt. I am very pleased with Lufthansa from flight crew, customer service to ground personnel. All four flights were impeccable, on time, no delays, prompt check in. The flight attendants were polite, smiling, attentive, esp to my 4 year old son who was travelling with me. In flight entertainment was wonderful, drinks plenty and always coming, food was good and sufficient. I flew on the A380 on way there and the aircraft was spacious, clean and comfortable. The ground personel at Frankfurt airport was helpful and informative. Lufthansa, you are doing it right!
AircraftA380 / Boeing 747
RouteNew York to Sofia via Frankfurt

"the service was polite"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Bilbao to Paris CDG via Munich, the flights gone wel. The boarding was efficient (it started with a few minutes delay). Onboard, the service was polite and captain informed passengers about expected weather and arrival times. Place between seats was enough (I'm 1.82m tall). Both planes were clean.
RouteBilbao to Paris via Munich

"FAs were very good"

Verified Review | Vancouver to Geneva return via Munich. Premium Economy class booked through Lufthansa website, with advance seat selection. Victoria to Vancouver 20-minute connecting flights by Air Canada Jazz used Dash 8-Q400 turboprops; and Munich to Geneva by Air Dolomiti on Embraer E195. Vancouver to Munich on A330-300 aircraft. Air Dolomiti flights had comfortable seating, and featured a couple of different regional Italian wines on each flight. LH Premium Economy seating was 2-3-2 across (instead of 2-4-2 in economy), with an extra four inches of legroom (35-inch pitch). Extra legroom and footrest were welcome but seats were narrower than they ought to have been. Between the window-seat armrests and the fuselage was a 5-cm gap on each side of the plane, and all seats had tray tables in the armrests. The front row of Premium Economy also had IFE screens in the armrests – small screens half the size of those in the other rows. FAs were very good. Two meals were served, the main one after take-off, the second 1½ hours before landing. The meals seemed to be regular economy meals – chicken or pasta options for the main meal – except that in Premium Economy they were served on porcelain and serving size may have been slightly larger. IFE was good, although films and TV shows were classified in unexpected categories. Outbound connection from YYJ through YVR is always easy because domestic passengers can remain on the secure airside to international flights without a further security screening at YVR. Connection through MUC was better than a year ago because, although you have to go through passport control entering the Schengen area, no extra security screening was required there either. Likewise on the return trip, no further security screening was required through MUC leaving the Schengen area. When entering Canada at YVR you have to go through Canadian Border Services inspection and collect your baggage but even at that point, for passengers connecting to domestic flights, they provide a dedicated area for onward baggage transfer and a dedicated security checkpoint. Despite connection times of only 1 hour to 1½ hours at YVR and MUC, both my bags arrived with me at the destination. The only hitch was that LH and AC use different booking codes. After booking my trip on the LH website I had to telephone AC to ask for the AC booking code, which I needed in order to do the initial check-in at YYJ.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteVancouver to Geneva via Munich

"staff were friendly"

Verified Review | Short flight from Munich to Brussels, boarding was quick especially as it was only 3/4 full. Departure was on time plane clean and staff were friendly had time to serve a sandwich and drinks. Plane was new and clean and as I had an exit seat there was no lack of leg room. Flight landed on time and luggage was on the carousel when I got there.
RouteMunich to Brussels
Date FlownJune 2017

"missing the connection flight"

(Slovenia)

Verified Review | Brussels to Ljubljana via Frankfurt. Before flight from Brussels we weren't informed about the delay. We boarded one hour later than scheduled departure. We were waiting in the plane one another hour and the consequence was missing the connection flight in Frankfurt. Arriving to Frankfurt airport I asked at least four persons for navigate me to the waiting hall where I got vouchers for hotel and taxi. I didn't get any information and boarding pass for the connection flight. Call to the given phone number of the office was unsuccessful. I couldn't check in for the new connection flight via internet. The only chance was to go to the airport at 5am and I found the free seat at the next flight.
AircraftA320 / Canadair
RouteBrussels to Ljubljana via Frankfurt

"Thank you Lufthansa!"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Madrid to Stockholm via Munich. I have flown three times with Lufthansa in the past week, and every time I am very pleased to hear the sweet way captain talks to us, on my last flight he even told us a bit about what we're seeing outside of the windows! The flight attendants are always very pleasant and smiling. The airplanes are clean, modern and well equipped. Thank you Lufthansa!
RouteMadrid to Stockholm via Munich
Date FlownJuly 2017

"unhelpful trying to fast track us"

Verified Review | We tried to check in together for our onward flight to Singapore. We originally had seats together on the TXL-FRA leg but we couldn't get seats together on the 12 hour long flight. There was no desk at which one could check in without a boarding card upon arrival so the woman told me to go to the gate and check in there. After waiting in a queue that didn't move for over an hour despite the desks being open (extra personnel arrived later), we got to the desk and the attendant couldn't check us in together and this time, on neither flight. The service was horrible. Currently we are waiting to depart and there is neither personnel nor plane at our gate when we are meant to fly out in 15 minutes with no update on how late the flight is. The options for in flight entertainment were largely disappointing, even for bilingual passengers. The flight 2 weeks ago from HKG-FRA was 30 minutes late causing us to rush to make our flight from FRA-TXL (Berlin). The onboard and ground staff were unhelpful in trying to fast track us through to our next flight. I have never flown on a long haul flight without the rest of my party. On short haul flights it isn't an issue but in my opinion it is bad form to separate couples or families on a 12 hour flight.
RouteBerlin to Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2017

"reasonable for such a long trip"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Standard Lufthansa service from Munich to Tokyo - small space from forward seat recline. Toilets were not so clean at the beginning of the trip. Food variety not so wide. Two services for the whole trip of 11.5 hours and good movie selection. Small delay to take off however pilots caught up arrival time - reasonable for such a long trip.
RouteMunich to Tokyo
Date FlownMay 2017

"pay extra for checked baggage"

Verified Review | Dublin to Bucharest via Munich. The most annoying part of booking a flight with them is that a one-way trip would cost the same if not more than a return trip. I paid 500 Euro for this "Eco Light" flight and for this price, you are expected to pay 25 Euro extra for checked in baggage. They provide snacks and drinks on these flights, but I would prefer to pay less and not get the snacks.
RouteDublin to Bucharest via Munich
Date FlownJuly 2017

"catering on a short route was perfect"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | The is one of the best airlines I flown with in Europe. My experience was a short one flying from Frankfurt to Brussels, but I think that the airline showed enough to convince me to travel more with Lufthansa. The catering on a short route was perfect, most airlines give the passengers nothing, but Lufthansa did this perfectly, with offering a drink.
AircraftA319-100