Vote Now

Lufthansa

"a very competitive product"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Bogota in Premium Economy. The seat was quite comfortable with a lot of space and reclined well. Food (aperitif, lunch, cookies, dinner on this segment) was served on china and very tasty, but basically no difference to Economy Class. The IFE was state-of-the-art with a big screen and a lot of (recent) movies, audio books, music options, live TV and games. The staff was great - very friendly, smiling and attentive! Lufthansa is usually a little bit more pricy than other airlines, but in my opinion you get a good value for your money. Overall a very competitive product! I hope Lufthansa will continue providing a premium product and not follow other airlines in becoming a budget airline.
AircraftA340-300
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteFrankfurt to Bogota
Date FlownMarch 2017

"cost cuttings are obvious"

Verified Review | Berlin to Frankfurt with Lufthansa. The product is not that bad, but some cost cutting is obvious. Food used to be quite good, but yesterday not even freshly toasted sandwich, some fruits and a piece of chocolate for 1hr 10min flight. Next Time, I will take the train. Lufthansa has to rethink the domestic Business Class product in my opinion
RouteBerlin to Frankfurt
Date FlownApril 2017

"Flight and service onboard good"

Verified Review | London to Denver via Frankfurt. Flight and service onboard were good seat comfortable and food / drink more than adequate on a 9hr flight. Problem is at on line check in where system did not recognise existing Star Alliance passenger information and requested Visa rather than visa waiver meaning that seats can't be reserved and then at the actual check in it's not possible to seat families together. Next problem is at boarding which is total mayhem with economy class trying to board at once resulting in delays and a scramble for overhead locker space. LH take no account of Star Alliance status unless you are booked in First class. As this is the cheapest and most convenient flight on this route I suspect we will continue to use this airline and endure it's failings such as they are.
RouteLondon to Denver via Frankfurt
Date FlownMarch 2017

"professional, polite and efficient"

Verified Review | Excellent trip with Lufthansa from Paris to Los Angeles via Munich. The first thing to be highlighted that Lufthansa’s cabin crew are always exceptionally professional, polite and efficient. Here, I would like to express my appreciation to the crew which was on 20th March from LAX to MUC as the aircraft had problems with air conditioning system (it was cold like in Antarctica). The Chief Purser (chief flight attendant) was extremely helpful giving extra blankets, offering hot teas and being with passengers all the time. The flight attendant was extremely helpful/efficient as well. Lufthansa has excellent product and the company is very competitive as also seats, entertainment, and food are superb! Overall the service was brilliant and I would definitely recommend Lufthansa for long international flights.
AircraftA340-600
RouteParis to Los Angeles via Munich
Date FlownMarch 2017

"Service polite and good food"

(Mexico)

Verified Review | Mexico City to London via Munich. Smooth checkin and preflight in general. Service polite and good food. Entertainment system works well and has interesting options for European movies besides usual Hollywood ones. Transfer in Munich was ok but can be tough if short transfer or if with kids. All in all best option from Europe to Mexico on business but usually more pricey than others.
RouteMexico to London via Munich

"I was very impressed"

Verified Review | Dublin to Beijing via Frankfurt. Both outbound legs were uneventful despite an hour delay leaving FRA, arriving 20 minutes behind schedule into PEK. Found the Boeing 747-800 series a tad cramped for such a large aircraft. On the return leg our flight left PEK over two hours late due to only 2 of 3 runways being operational. The captain kept passengers well-informed during the delay as we'd been on the aircraft for quite some time. En route, due to the significant delay we discovered we would miss our connection to DUB. Staff onboard kept everyone informed as many connecting flights would be affected. We did indeed miss the DUB flight but we were put up in an airport hotel overnight in FRA with dinner & breakfast provided. Impressively, we informed of this and the new flight arrangements a number of hours before landing into FRA. The next morning we were flown to Oslo and then onto Dublin with SAS (Star Alliance) as all FRA-DUB flights were fully booked for Easter weekend. The first time flying with Lufthansa and was very impressed with the cabin crew, pilots, checkin staff and gate & rebooking staff as we were a 50-strong school group and they dealt very efficiently and professionally with our concerns around the delay and missed connection. Food was frequent and decent for Economy class and the entertainment system was very good also. The Wifi service was disappointingly slow and not worth the €17 for the 9 and a half hour PEK-FRA flight. However, I do look forward to flying with them again in the future..
AircraftA320 / Boeing 747-8
RouteDublin to Beijing via Frankfurt
Date FlownApril 2017

"on time and enough seat pitch"

Verified Review | Business class trip from Zurich to Venice via Frankfurt. All smooth, on time and enough seat pitch. Seats next to you free. Seat in the Embraer E195 better than on the A321. First crew also more interactive and caring. Food ok, but tiny portions. Lounge in Frankfurt overcrowded. Quite good trip.
AircraftE195 / A321
RouteZurich to Venice via Frankfurt
Date FlownApril 2017

"they refuse to give me the £80 back"

Verified Review | I recently flew from Manchester to Atlanta via Frankfurt and back with Lufthansa. I was travelling as part of a group and so decided to book a seat to be close to friends. I was surprised that on a flight that cost nearly £1000, I would have to pay to choose my seat but I decided it would be worth paying £20 each way per person for myself and a companion to ensure that we sat together (£80 in total). The first issue I had was that the seats we were given on the flight from Frankfurt to Atlanta and the return leg were not the ones I had booked. We ended up on the very rear row of seats but we were at least sat together. On both flights (10 hours) we were served vegetarian food because apparently Lufthansa only offer chicken to those toward the front of those the plane. To make matters worse, I was later offered a hot dog for lunch, because they had run out of pizza. The hot dog was still completely frozen. I didn't make a fuss, I thought that I would get a refund for the seats and that would be the end of it. The flight itself was comfortable and smooth so I wasn't too unhappy until I spoke with Lufthansa customer services. They told me that the seat booking fee is non refundable and that booking a seat only entitles you to that "type of seat" and does not mean you will be sat in the seat that you chose when you made the reservation. So ultimately I have paid for a seat that I didn't get, I had the same type of seat as everyone in economy and yet they refuse to give me the £80 back.
RouteManchester to Atlanta via Frankfurt

"a great way to fly"

Verified Review | New York to Frankfurt. Excellent service and food and inside flight nice and clean. Wide comfortable seating but entertainment not good enough need more films and music options. Indeed lives up to its name of Lufthansa - a great way to fly. The crew were smiling and willing to assist to passengers! Wow had a great journey.
RouteNew York to Frankfurt
Date FlownApril 2017

"Food: couldn't be any worse"

(Croatia)

Verified Review | Flew the biggest bird in the sky, the A380 from Singapore to Frankfurt. Flight time 12-13hr. Food: couldn't be any worse. Mini portion, tasteless portion. That first meal was aprox 90min after take off. For the next 8hrs, nothing, zero. Ok let's kill some time with IFE aka inflight entertainment. So slow, awful menu, movie selection is a joke. Time for the toilet. But what's that queue? Oh that's just aprox 300 people sharing 4 toilets, so you need to wait 10-15min to get in. Finally meal 2 or should I say desert, some cake with a piece of bread and jam. I forgot the part about placing the IFE remote control in the armrest, simply brilliant. Accidently pressed button around 25 times. Never again.
RouteSingapore to Frankfurt