LOT Polish Airlines

"shocking customer service"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Stockholm via Warsaw. Got a text at 9:30pm Saturday evening that my flight was cancelled and rescheduled for 3 days later. Cancellation was less than 27 hours before departure and being the weekend left me with very few options. Spent until 1:30am trying to get a resolution other than a 3 day delay or a refund in 2 weeks. Customer service were utterly useless, sometimes rude and sometimes telling blatant lies. Refused to pass to supervisor or managers, refused to pass to complaints. Allowed no escalation. Finally got an offer to fly with another airline and be downgraded and being left to send a complaint to try and get a refund on the downgrade and compensation. Frankly a terrible experience and a company that has no interest in its customers. Since checking online this seems a very common complaint for delays, cancelations and shocking customer service. Buyer beware.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSingapore to Stockholm via Warsaw
Date FlownMay 2018

"service onboard nothing special"

Trip Verified | Munich to Wroclaw via Warsaw. LOT is a member of Star Alliance, which comes with some benefits. However, mileage accrual seems to be very restrictive. The service onboard was nothing special, a chocolate candie bar and a non-alcoholic drink were included. Everything else is charged. The crew was okay. LOT are okay. There are better airlines. And there a worse airline.
AircraftERJ-195
RouteMUC to WRO via WAW
Date FlownMay 2018

"smooth and without problems"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Belgrade to Warsaw. My flight went smooth and without problems. The aircraft was clean and well maintained, seats were comfortable with sufficient recline. The ERJ-175 is a small jet and with a light interior and beige leather seats it seemed cosy. We were served a glass of water and a chocolate bar. The crew on my journey were helpful and accommodating.
AircraftERJ-175
RouteBelgrade to Warsaw
Date FlownMay 2018

"just kept changing the departure time"

Trip Verified | We flew with them to Bangkok and back. During the 13 hour flight they gave us 1 tastless sandwich to eat, no choice of foods at all. The evening before our flight we received a text message at 10pm saying that our flight was at 1pm instead of 8am. Ok, we thought, we should still be ok for our connecting flight to London as there were 6 hours between the two. The next day at the airport they just kept changing the departure time until we took off about 6 hours late. No information or a word of appology just a sandwich. Of course we missed our flight. It was the 24th December and we spent the night at an airport hotel. The next day we bought very expensive new tickets to London, but we thought it would be ok, as the airline was going to pay for it. We submitted our claim with all the paperwork right there at their airport office. A month later they responded saying that they won't give us any money because the delay was caused by unforseen circumstances. It's ridiculous because they can just say this for every single claim then! We'll never fly with them again and tell everyone about this experience.
RouteWarsaw to Bangkok return
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Crew were young and cheerful"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Arrived to London LHR Terminal 2 two hours before take off time, check in was a breeze, within 2 mins I was on my way to Lufthansa Lounge LOT is using. Great lounge, plenty seats options, good food, choice of drinks etc. Flight was on time, boarding started 25 mins before take off time. Brand new Boeing 737 Max 8, with Sky Interior ceiling, gorgeous and spacious. Dark blue leather seats, with a lot of legroom, power outlets in each seat. Doors were closed on time, but taxiing took 20 mins so we departed delayed - arrived 10 mins late to Warsaw. 737 Max 8 is fantastic airplane, so quiet and comfortable. Crew were young and cheerful, very good English. In Economy they serve hot drinks, water and chocolate wafers for free, other foods and beverages are for purchase but very cheap. What was a bit strange, there was no cabin divider between Economy and Business Class, just a headrests with different colors, so we could all see Business Class service. Flight was smooth and very comfortable. My suitcase arrived after 12 mins of waiting. Totally recommend LOT! Far better than other airlines operating this route.
AircraftBoeing 737 MAX 8
RouteLondon to Warsaw
Date FlownApril 2018

"I will use them next time"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Wroclaw. Fantastic flight. The airplane interior was new and fresh. Seats were very comfortable and it was enough space. Food was tasty and prices very affordable. Cabin crew was nice and helpful. There was a little bit delay due to operational reasons. I will use them next time as well.
RouteTel Aviv to Wroclaw
Date FlownApril 2018

"recommend to avoid this company"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Tokyo via Warsaw. When we travel from Warsaw ti Tokyo they give us separate seats even if we buy tickets together few months ago and they do not ask about this option (to pay for seats as a low cost company). We try to change seats but it was impossible, and the employees were very impolite with us. In fact LOT is a low cost company even if they pretend to be premium airline. I ask the crew to try to save this issue but they said its better if I'll try to convince passengers near to me. They help me not! I do not recommend this low cost company with very poor service and they do not care the passengers needs, they want only to take money, and that's all. For sure I'll not travel with this company, I have the worst experience with LOT. I recommend to avoid this company.
RouteBudapest to Tokyo via Warsaw
Date FlownApril 2018

"worst experience of my life"

Trip Verified | Warsaw to New York. I travelled once with LOT and was the worst experience of my life. They waited 45 min for a passenger. The food was not taste at all. I won't recommended this company no anyone. They are unprofessional, with horrible services. To be honest I better fly with United Airlines than LOT Polish airline.
RouteWarsaw to New York

"spacious and comfortable"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Seoul to Munich via Warsaw in business class with LOT Polish Airlines. The ICN-WAW leg was on a new B787 aircraft with full-flat seats. The seat was on par with any modern airlines: spacious and comfortable. The blanket and the pillow was also nice. The amenity kit was rather basic, and the toothbrush was not very good. The food and beverage selections were quite good, as good as any European airlines. The flight attendants were fairly friendly, although sometimes pushing the flight attendant call button did not produce any response. The in-flight entertainment system had some newer movies although the selection was somewhat limited. The music selection was really limited, ironic that we were flying into Chopin Airport. The WAW-MUC leg was on small Embraer aircrafts in 2x2 configurations. The business class seat was the same as the economy class, but with the aisle side seat kept empty. The food on this leg was also OK, given the short flight time. On my outbound trip, the flight from WAW to MUC was delayed for 2 hours. I have seen many reviews complaining about delays with this airline. Since my flight was the only one delayed on that particular day, it didn't seem that flight delays were serious problems with this airline. The lounge at Chopin International Airport was too small. Especially on my return trip, I could barely find an empty seat because the place was filled with passengers. The food and snack served in the lounge was OK. I would fly again if I am going to an European city where no direct flight is available. The flight experience, especially for the long-haul leg, was at least as good as with any major European carriers.
RouteSeoul to Munich via Warsaw
Date FlownMarch 2018

"consistently the worst service"

Trip Verified | London to Chicago via Warsaw. I do not recommend Polish Airlines to anyone, we flew with them today and consistently had the worst service, resulting in us not making our last connection, sleeping in an airport, with them refusing to rebook our tickets without us repaying, leaving us stranded in the airport overnight. Firstly in our first check in, the lady from LOT left her shift in the middle of helping us, making us wait for the next person to come in. Then that flight departed an hour late with no warnings of delay. After that we left from Warsaw, leaving again 20-30 minutes late. This resulted in us arriving 20 minutes late to Chicago, and when we went to try to recheck our baggage there was no one at the desk, we ran around asking people until eventually the guy saundered up and rudely told us to go put our bags with the other airline. Due to all these delays we missed our flight by 2 minutes. When we called customer support we spoke to Caroline. She would consistently say she would call us back and hang up, then not call back. We spent 3 hours recalling them and arguing, and although we asked to talk to her supervisor, we had to wait two hours to finally speak to him. When the supervisor, got on the phone, he said that while our connection was below the minimal connection time (meaning they should repay us) that was only because of their airplane delay so they wouldn't help us book our next flight, and that since we "got lost" looking for where to recheck our bags (ie their employee wasn't at his station to guide us) it was our fault we missed the flight, and that if we hadn't "been wrong" we would have made it. This is the only airline I ever heard of that would make you pay for the flight you had with them again because of their aircraft delay. In the end, the customer service agent hung up on us, as did her supervisor, after both were being continuously rude, not answering questions, and blaming us for their errors in service throughout the call.
RouteLondon to Chicago via Warsaw