LOT Polish Airlines

"needs to improve greatly"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Los Angeles via Warsaw. The meals on my flight to Los Angeles were inedible. The quality was by far substandard. The selection of inflight movies is extremely limited and the choices are outdated movies only. LOT needs to improve greatly, if they want my repeat bussiness.
AircraftE175 / Boeing 787-8
RouteFrankfurt to Los Angeles via Warsaw

"good flight experience"

Verified Review | Both flights on time. A very good hard product again and on time performance. Weaker soft factors than on the way to Bucharest. On both legs the pursers were less interacting and courteous as on the flights some days before. And this makes a major difference. Nevertheless a good flight experience. As I was booking late, PE was even cheaper than normal Economy.
AircraftE170
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBucharest to Zurich via Warsaw
Date FlownOctober 2017

"nice drink and food service"

Verified Review | Zurich to Bucharest via Warsaw. Both flight legs without any problem, nice drink and food service and enough space (good pitch). Seats very comfortable. Headrest adjustable. Priority boarding and baggage tags respected. First leg on time and early arrival, second 50 minutes delayed boarding but having just a 10 minutes delay at landing. The boarding delay was not handled well in WAW airport. I left 15 minutes before primary boarding time LOT Lounge (Schengen side) to cross boarder control into non-Schengen transit area. Arriving 5 minutes before boarding should start at the gate. 5 minutes after official boarding time a delay of 10 minutes was shown on the gate screens, adding every 10 minutes 10 minutes more. No verbal communication out the delay, only in the airplane before takeoff. Due to the manner how LOT was dealing with the delay, I was standing about 55 minutes at the gate instead of being able to use longer or again the lounge. Not very satisfactory!
AircraftEmbraer 170
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteZurich to Bucharest via Warsaw
Date FlownOctober 2017

"problem is the airline staff"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Szeczin to Belgrade. Today 4 Octobar I missed my conecting fly From Belgrade to Rzeszow. Fly from Belgrade depart later 30min and beacuse of this I miss next fly to Rzezsow. And I now need to wait in Warsaw 6hrs. Problem is not waiting, the problem is the airline staff. They are not friendly, and they don't won't listen. I ask 3 times what happen with my flight, no information. After that I must wait bus for passport control, there is not any bus for faster transfer? I travel a lot, I'm a professional volleyball player, and I have problem with flights but not something like this without communication. Very, very bad - I'm now here on airport waiting my flight.
RouteSzeczin to Belgrade
Date FlownMay 2017

"Do not use this airline"

Verified Review | New York to Tel Aviv via Warsaw. Do not book a ticket here. We booked flights right before a holiday, and LOT Polish Airlines cancelled the day before our flight. Didn't even call, just sent a vague email for us to figure out on our own. We booked our tickets months in advance and to book a day before is crazy expensive and stressful. Do not use this airline.
RouteNew York to Tel Aviv via Warsaw

"Very friendly staff"

Verified Review | Odessa to Zurich via Warsaw. Very friendly staff, clean, professional. On time and I was statisfied. I flew from Odessa to Warsaw, had a night there and then to Zurich. The price was really good - I can recommend them.
RouteOdessa to Zurich via Warsaw

"unprofessional circus operation"

Verified Review | Warsaw to Lviv. My 12:55pm flight was first delayed a few hours and then they drove us to the plane via bus where we sat on the tarmac in a bus only to be driven back to the terminal and told the flight was to be cancelled and they were unable to find any flights so I had to do a overnight stay over which at least they paid for. The cancellation process was disorganized and no one was there to help me know what to do or where to go next. We were left on our own to figure it out. Eventually an hour later I finally found a LOT rep to tell me what was going on and what to do. Total mad house. Most unprofessional thing I ever saw. Secondly, during my departure waits to Lviv and back, all I ever heard was a steady stream of delay announcements. I was terrified my return connection back to the US would be delayed. Food was terrible and in flight entertainment was about 20movies to choose from. This airline is the most unprofessional circus operation I have ever seen in my life and I recommend only flying them if you don't have to be anywhere on time. Delays and cancellations are what they excel at. The worst experience of my life.
RouteWarsaw to Lviv
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"rude and inconsiderate treatment"

Verified Review | Newark to Cluj via Warsaw. Worst experience flying out of Newark airport. The airline decide to hold up an entire flight to Warsaw because they had some VIP's coming and being delayed. They make all passengers wait and part ways to ensure the VIP's are getting their preferential treatment. Such a rude and inconsiderate treatment. Not to mention a lot of people around me are counting on getting there on time for their connecting flights. As for me, I'm taking this trip to go to my father's funeral, and missing a connecting flight will mean I will literally delay the funeral. I don't know if I am angry, disappointed or extremely sad. This has showed again how our country is upside down and how money and fame will make your life count. As for the rest of us, we don't matter dear LOT airline.
RouteNewark to Cluj via Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"LOT are horrible to fly"

Verified Review | Warsaw to Frankfurt. LOT Polish are horrible to fly. My ticket was purchased on 19 March 2017 from Condor Airlines. The return back home was very confusing. When I arrived 2 hours before my flight from Warsaw to Frankfurt by Polish Airlines, they told me that I am on standby. They oversold the seats and I was very unhappy about it. The women working by the counter as well information center are very rude. They don't have any customer service skills. They act like we have to please them, not them. The problem has been solved, but it was very stressful. Never again.
RouteWarsaw to Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2017

"cannot recommend this airline"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Prague to Larnaca via Warsaw. Prague to Warsaw on small Dash 8 which is ok, but in some days they operate this route by E175 which I would prefer. Plane had been delayed over and hour because of the weather which wasn't huge problem since I had 3 hours layover. We received small choolade bar and glass of water, for anything else you had to pay. One hour before my flight I've found out that second flight will be delayed as well almost 2 hours. It started with boarding, there were two lines, one for economy and second for business and with small children. Since there was a problem with some passangers at the economy line they opened second one. It was ok, until it was time for me, than group of 20 people with 3 kids came and they let me wait until they were processed (like it was only me and I got EU passport), so I had to squiezed myself into second line, but still like 30 people passed me. I boarded this old Boeing 737-400 (it's time to retire them), agian in some days this route is operated by E175, but unlucky again. Seat pitch in this plane is terrible, seats are new, but not confortable, only plus is that they have sockets so you can power up your phone. Cabin crew wasn't really great and they were not friendly. Only thing you've got for free was glass of water and chocolade bar which is not ok, on 3 hours and 30 minutes long flight, plus selection of meals that I can buy was really limited and not really tasty. Like it's not budget airline and even though I said this flight was only not supper expensive option it wasn't cheap either. Of course no IFE, screens or Wifi. So I cannot recomend this airline, I will fly with them only if I have no better option.
AircraftDash 8 / Boeing 737-400