LOT Polish Airlines

"service was good"

(Poland)

Not Verified | Gdańsk to Lviv via Warsaw. I find the branding of the company very well - nice uniforms, adverts, visual impressions. As for ultra short haul flghts the service was good. The staff was nice. A huge advantge is that this airline allows multi-city connections for good price. Outstanding very comfy seats both in Embraer and Dash Q400. Unfortunately LOT has problem with punctuality - my flight WAW-GDN was delayed 45 min, and I noticed that lots of flights too.
AircraftQ400 / E195
RouteGdańsk to Lviv via Warsaw

"positively surprised"

Trip Verified | Warsaw to New York. I was positively surprised by LOT. Flights on time, modern, well maintained aircraft, delicious catering by DO&CO, and professional and warm service by the crew.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteWarsaw to New York
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"I will not recommend LOT"

Trip Verified | Odessa to New York via Warsaw. On the flight to Warsaw I saw that the steward when I was sleeping put the snack on the table and did not wake me up. When I woke up the box was not sealed and it was not a full box. Food was missing from the box. From Warsaw to New York it was a "mess" in the Warsaw airport. The security checked us once. Then on second floor in airport in safe place they checked us again. After boarding when we started to go to the airplane they again checked us. Why were we checked again? In the airplane from Warsaw to New York I understand if you are not Polish they did not pay attention to you. They dont ask what food or drink you want. The steward was unpleasant to non Polish passengers. They took my blanket and pillow away form me. They did not give me back my pillow and blanket back. And why was there not normal security procedure which created much havoc and discomfort. I will not recommend LOT Polish to anyone.
RouteOdessa to New York via Warsaw

"courteous and professional"

Trip Verified | Frequent strikes or strike threats at Air France made me switch to using LOT for my flights to Europe, this being my third trip this year (YYZ-WAW-VIE return CDG-WAW-YYZ). I found LOT's Premium Economy seats more comfortable than those on the AF planes, although passengers in the window seats may be blocked if the seats in front are moved backwards. The food was good, albeit rather heavy with lots of cold cuts. Nevertheless it was more plentiful than on AF and served on real china with real cutlery rather than plastic. In B787-9 there is access to toilets shared with business class, while in the older B787-8 one has to use the toilets at the far end of economy. I once succeeded in my upgrade bid to business and found it comfortable but basic with the 2-2-2 layout and lack of separation from the neighbour. I thought the food in Premium was actually better than in Business. Most of my flights departed slightly delayed but arrived on time or only a bit late. The crew on all flights was courteous and professional. The only negatives were (1) uncomfortable headphones, and (2) the fact that passengers pick up bread by hand from the basket.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteParis CDG to Toronto via Warsaw

"outstanding both ways"

Trip Verified | London to Singapore via Warsaw. Read so many bad things about LOT after booking at a bargain price, but the flight was outstanding both ways, service exceptional, food great. A bit mystified why a full meal at breakfast on the return was not dinner time in any time zone we passing through would rather muesli than prawn curry at 5am but was a great meal, loved the post-dinner shots best have slept on a flight maybe a link there. At Singapore behind the check-ins near where you enter departures there is a VIP check-in area which includes LOT, use the Singapore Lounge it far better than the one they recommend, I took the day layover in Warsaw and had a pleasant day around town only 20 mins on the metro.
RouteLondon to Singapore via Warsaw
Date FlownAugust 2018

"worst airline we ever flew"

Not Verified | The worst airline we ever flew. We were supposed to fly on September 17 from Berlin to Los Angeles via Warsaw. Our flight from Warsaw to LAX was canceled. Nobody notified us. They lied that they sent us e-mail back in May. We paid extra for 2 seats in Exit row for extra leg room, they took that away from us, lied that they will put us in business class We lost a day in Warsaw, went trough 3 managers and 3 controls just to be lied again. We will never fly LOT again.
RouteBerlin to Lax via Warsaw

"a very poor experience"

Trip Verified | Avoid! On a 12-hour journey from Singapore to Warsaw there were no headphones/earphone provided, so if you didn't bring your own you're stuck. Food was the worst I've ever had on a long haul flight and I travelled a lot with different airlines, simply awful. The pillows were tiny (bring your own!). No 'nice touches' like other airlines offer during long flights (free snacks in between meals, passing through the cabin offering water etc). The crew seemed grumpy on both legs of my journey. Overall a very poor experience and I'd rather travel with a stop over in the future than choose LOT.
RouteSingapore to Warsaw

"never fly LOT again"

Trip Verified | Krakow to Warsaw. Horrible experience with LOT, flight from Krakow delayed by nearly 2 hours. No apologies or explanation from staff, when approached the desk the woman said she was busy and I need to talk to the staff at Warsaw about my connecting flight to London. Once onboard once again no apologies or reason given as to why the flight was delayed. When I arrived to Warsaw I had to wait nearly half an hour for my bag. At that time I was too late to check in for my onwards flight to LHR. I went to the desk only to be told that it isn't their problem that I missed my flight as I'm not flying LOT to LHR. When I asked about my options the woman laughed and said I can sleep at the terminal on the bench and once again told me that it's not their problem and they won't do anything, not even apology. I had to book hotel and another flight for the following day costing me nearly £200 plus I lost day at work. Will never fly LOT again and definitely will not recommend to anyone.
AircraftBoeing 737 max
RouteKrakow to Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"cabin crew did not show up"

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Amsterdam. I almost had weekly fly with this airline in the past half year, this city connection always got 30 min to 1 hour delay. Last month there was one early flight canceled (7:05am, from Amsterdam to Warsaw), and the reason was that the cabin crew did not show up, first time in my life! I think LOT is explanding too fast but the service does not catch up, obviously it is not ready for the guest. Between Amsterdam and Warsaw, there are two airlines available, you will immediately see the big difference about their service! In the past when I flew with LOT, every year I got the chance that there was one flight canceled and LOT did not care anything if it is within Poland! do not mention about delay, as it is every time!!
RouteWarsaw to Amsterdam

"overall horrendous experience"

Trip Verified | Newark to Budapest via Warsaw. Horrible service including ground staff, inflight crew, customer service and overall horrendous experience! Booked our trips on LOT airlines for 6 months ahead. Paid for seat selection and confirmed veg meals ahead. Onward journey the flight to Warsaw was delayed. After the flight was cleared for take-off, the pilot announced they are still waiting for passengers who got lost in the airport. For more than an hour there was no air-conditioning in the flight. I asked if they would turn on the air conditioning. The attendant mentioned she does not know about it. After the sweltering heat, they offered some water. The flight took off with further the passenger boarded the flight. At Warsaw they offered a 10$ coupon for food. The next flight to Prague was 3:10. They did not offer any other airlines. That flight was further delayed because a passenger could not make it on time. We lost more than 4 hours. Return flight was even worse. We were at the airport approximately 3 hours before. We checked in and got our boarding pass based on the paid seat assignments. We walked to the gate and were waiting in line. Few minutes later they called for boarding. When my boarding pass was scanned the LOT staff at the gate took the boarding pass away and printed a new boarding pass. She handed it to me saying please note the seat change. I mentioned to her the flight seating was reserved by me several months back and I had paid for the seats. She said sorry the flights are overbooked and asked me to talk to the flight attended to make adjustments and not block the line and mentioned she cannot do anything about it.  The inflight attendant said she cannot do anything and the ground staff are responsible for it. I asked if I can upgrade to a business class with a fee. She said sorry, we do not have anything available and said to take the seats based on the new boarding pass. My family was asked to sit in different places. One of the entertainment system did not work. There was used gum on the flight magazine and flight safety instructions. After sometime another ordeal started. The flight attendant will not give vegetarian food for one of us because the new seat assignment does not have vegetarian food selection. We explained that we made the meal selection several months before and that we were asked to change seats by LOT airlines. The attendant refused to give food and said she can do only based on new boarding pass. She said the other person wanted it. (I should be sitting in that seat as per my reservation) I had to starve and skip my lunch. After 8 hours they started serving breakfast. This time I had my information from my phone ready to show the food selection. After argument, she came and slammed the food over my son’s food and left. Didn’t feel like eating that food. Finally, the plane landed and stopped. Everyone opened the overhead bin and had their luggage and standing. The flight started moving to the gate again. No announcement to ask the passengers to sit down. Called LOT airlines to complain about the ordeal. They asked to open an issue for faster response. More than 2 weeks no response. Called multiple times still no response. Seat selection money in drain.
RouteNewark to Budapest via Warsaw