LOT Polish Airlines

"never fly with this airline"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Warsaw. Terrible, huge mistake! My mother flew in May, my husband flew June, I am flying July, all flights had delays with 1 hour or over. All of missed connecting flights, my mother spent 7 hours with a baby in hands at the airport, my and my husband both rerouted in order to manage to get to Bulgaria. Our family will never fly with this airline.
RouteChicago to Warsaw
Date FlownJuly 2018

"One of the worst flights"

Trip Verified | Paris CDG to Warsaw. One of the worst flights ever. Check in opened barely one hour before departure. Departure was delayed and in a tiny boarding room with barely any shops. We took off almost one hour late. During the flight the attendants had barely gone halfway through the plane and there was no food left to serve (too bad for a flight scheduled for lunch time). Baggage claim was terrible and took us almost 1h to have our bags delivered. Avoid this company and airport if you can.
RouteParis CDG to Warsaw

"Another hassle-free trip"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Another hassle-free trip with LOT. Although the check-in area at Warsaw airport was quite busy, we didn't loose time queuing, as it's now possible (at least when travelling with LOT) to print the luggage tag by yourself. The flight was pretty empty which made it quiet and cosy. Contrary to many LOT flights, this one wasn't delayed at all, so no I have no reason for complaining about that. The biggest advantage of that flight was the brand new Boeing 737 MAX 8, still fresh and clean. It made our trip even more convenient, because it's incredibly quiet and has comfortable, soft, leather seats installed. The seats have moreover: an adjustable headrest, decent recline and a power port. The only drawback was that LOT didn't use the jet bridge at Vienna airport.
AircraftBoeing 737 MAX 8
RouteWarsaw to Vienna

"flight is overbooked"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Bucharest return via Warsaw. The first three legs were eventless. OK. Some delays, but specially on WAW-OTP the captain kept us updated so we knew what is going on. The weather was also not perfect, so no problem. Can happen. OTP is not the best airport I ever been to. More like an overcrowded train station. Security check in transfer zone in WAW is really to small for this amount of passengers. I decided to exit and go through main security, I think was a smart decision. And exactely when one is thinking this LOT is fine, why do the people complain the problems started. We are already in the bus, waiting to be taken to the airplane. We were waiting perhaps 10min already as somebody from the gate came downstairs and told us to go back. As on the gate we were only informed per loud speaker that the flight will be delayed. No information until when. Staff at the gate was very arrogant. I heard the answer: there will be no annoucement for the new time. Follow the monitors. If you miss it is your fault. Anyway, ca. 40min later the flight was cancelled. Staff on transfer desk was kind, but not very helpful. Although there was one more flight to PRG they put me on the next day flight at 8am. So instead of sleeping in Prague, leaving the hotel at 10am to get to my train I had to get up at 6am, drive back to airport and hope to arrive on time to PRG to get my train connections. However, there is one more moment worth of mentioning. On 15th one flight was cancelled. When we were waiting on boarding for today's flight at 8am suddenly came the announcement that this very same flight is overbooked that they are looking for volunteers to reschedule their flights. So, you cancel one flight, you overbook another.
AircraftEMB175/B737
RoutePrague to Bucharest via Warsaw

"it was a huge mistake"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Tallinn to Krakow via Warsaw. I was not taking LOT for a years - took them yesterday again and it was a huge mistake. LOT - Late Or Tomorrow - this is always true in case of LOT - always late, worst service within standard airlines i know.
RouteTallinn to Krakow via Warsaw

"a total free for all"

Trip Verified | Venice to Krakow via Warsaw. LOT personnel did not open check-in until 1 hour and 45 minutes before flight, 15 minutes later than they said that they would. When we checked in, we were informed that we owed 40 Euros for our baggage (my wife and I had one bag each). We tried to pay at the check-in, and were told that they could not accept cash, and that their credit-card reader wasn't functioning, so we would have to go to a baggage office that was across the terminal to pay for baggage. When my wife got there, she was told that it would cost 48 Euros because she was paying by credit card. We were extremely aggravated, but payed for the luggage so that we could continue our vacation. The flight was 2+1/2 hours late leaving for Warsaw. We were worried about our connection to Krakow, but were told a total lie by the flight attendants as they said "Don't worry. Everything is delayed in Warsaw". This was very untrue as our flight to Krakow was boarding as we arrived in the terminal in Warsaw, causing us to run to make the connection. Also, when we boarded in Warsaw, it was a total "free for all" as they did no pre-board, and everyone from old men in wheel chairs to mothers with babies in a stroller was all treated equally by the airline, and had to jockey for position to board the flight. I am handicapped and use a cane due to having broken my ankle very badly a few months ago. This added to the stress a great deal. We did manage to arrive in Krakow, but our luggage did not. It was unbelievable that we went through all of that agony to have the privilege of paying 48 Euros for luggage that they lost. Never again.
RouteVenice to Krakow via Warsaw
Date FlownJuly 2018

"trip became a nightmare"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Venice to Warsaw. My trip became a nightmare thanks to LOT Polish Airlines when they lost my bag in Warsaw, found it in 3 days, and despite all promises to send it to the ports, it never came and just stayed in Venice airport. On our return flights back we were placed on standby, and the only explanation we were given was the flight was overbooked without really caring. This “airline” is a government owned company and the only airline in Poland, so you can imagine they could care less about your bag as they rely only on domestic passengers which have no other option but to fly with them. Beware when there is no competition, and is a business that changes management with every new government. I will not be flying again on this airline, not for business nor leisure. I’m Diamond Medallion in SkyMiles and travel a lot for business, let’s spend those dollars in companies that deserve to be in business.
RouteVenice to Warsaw

"constantly late"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Sofia via Warsaw. This is officially the last time with LOT Polish. They are constantly late, they do not care that we have to spend 8 hours in an airport waiting for connecting flights. They don’t even try to make it on time. I looked at the schedule for month of July none of the flights leaving ORD have made it on time, and the only option is with 45 min connection to Bulgaria. My mother flew a month ago - the same thing, late again. I will never fly with them again.
RouteChicago to Sofia via Warsaw
Date FlownJuly 2018

"this is the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Sofia via Warsaw. In my 15 years of flying between the US and Europe this is the worst airline I've had to deal with. To begin, they had 6 desks checking two transatlantic flights and as a result the line to check in was out of this world - it took over an hour and a half to get to the check in desk. At this point I was almost certain I will miss my connection so I mentioned it to the lady at the desk who, after checking with her manager, reassured me I was going to be ok. Fast forward 10 min when I got to the gate to see that our departure time has been pushed back by 40 min so there is no way I will make my connection at which point the personnel "kindly" informs me they are not going to hold the flight to Sofia for me and I am likely just going to have to wait at the airport for the next flight - 8 hours later. We didn't start boarding until an hour and 15 min after our original departure time during which time no one cared to inform us in English why we are being delayed. After spending an hour on the phone waiting for customer service the lady on the phone told me she couldn't do anything for me other than apologize and hung up on me. I have no words - Polish Airlines have managed to ruin two of my vacations in a row. Instead of spending the time with my family I'll get to hang out at Warsaw airport once we finally actually get there. Never again am I am going to fly this airline and you shouldn't either - the hassle is not worth it.
RouteChicago to Sofia via Warsaw
Date FlownJune 2018

"Very disappointing service"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Very disappointing service for flight segment Warsaw-Istanbul: We had preselected our seats as far to the front of the plane as possible and were holding boarding passes (issued in Toronto) accordingly. At boarding in Warsaw the system showed ‘seating issue’ and for no reason other than ‘different configuration of plane’ we were allocated seats in the rear end of the plane. Our request to allocate us our original seats were met with a shrug and a ‘no, too late’. The fact that the flight was delayed by 40 minutes did not come as a surprise given LOT’s track record so is not worth paying much attention to in this review.
RouteToronto to Istanbul via Warsaw