LOT Polish Airlines

Review by (United States) 27th July 2015

Flight WAW to ORD July 24. Food service was very rushed. Flight attendants poorly trained to cater to business class passengers in terms of attention to service requests. Very stingy with hard liquors, will only serve couple of drinks during dinner service and will purposly ignore any more request. Food average. You have to ask for everything, nothing is ever offered even water. Looks like saving on liquids including liquor and water was their main goal. Magnificent aircraft especially in business class too bad crew in business class is not properly trained.
RouteWarsaw to Chicago

Review by (New Zealand) 14th July 2015

Just a short trip of about an hour but the flight was good. Our 4 year old was given a puzzle book and some pencils. Water and a wafer bar was provided. Cabin crew were friendly enough. Check-in was extremely slow though. 3 counters open with a short queue and it still took 20+ minutes. Counter staff seem to move very slowly!
AircraftEmbraer 175
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteRiga to Warsaw

Review by (Canada) 6th July 2015

My flight from Kishinev to Toronto was cancelled and the alternative that they offered was not acceptable. Instead of 1 transfer, they offered 2 transfers with 7 hours waiting in Vienna. I was travelling with a 9 month old baby and LOT were not at all understanding.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteKishinev to Toronto via Warshaw

Review by (Canada) 4th July 2015

Warsaw to Toronto on July 1, 2015 with LOT Polish Airlines. My experience is very poor. The entertainment system did not work properly. I had to ask for another headphone. I waited for about 15-20 minutes, and when I noted this duration to the attendant, the answer was: "we are preparing food, we are busy" My girlfriend waited for about 40 minutes for a glass of water to take a medication. The sign that indicates need of help was on in both cases above, but seemed nobody cared. Delay in flight due to computer issue for about 1,5 hour. The captain indicated the issues, but when it got fixed, he never assured the passengers that everything was alright. LOT should consider that people on economy class receive at least average standard service.
RouteWarsaw to Toronto

Review by (Poland) 23rd June 2015

Nice to have Boeing 787 on this short flight instead of usual old 737. However the seats in Economy are very narrow with quite limited legroom. If you are over 180cm/6 ft tall, you may find it very uncomfortable. LOT has a food for purchase in Economy, but selection is quite good (sandwiches, salads, snacks, hot meals), and soft and alcoholic drinks. Eveything is cheap, and for large sandwich, beer and coffee I paid 28 PLN, which is 6 Euro/9 USD. Water and chocolate wafer is for free. Good IFE with around 40 movies and many tv shows. The only downpoint of this flight was some cabin crew. Some were nice and smiling, some looked very grumpy, with basic English skills or not talkative at all, answering with "no", "yes" only. Sometimes the word "please" would be apreciated. Generally, good flight, but some cabin crew must remember who pays their salaries and treat us with respect.
RouteWAW to LHR

Review by (Canada) 15th June 2015

This airline has embraced the worst airbus space limits for customers in economy class. You have no chance to rest on this airplane. They have 9 rows instead of 8 as other Star Alliance flights. My shoulders and elbows were in continuous touch with my neighbors. Leg space is horrible. It's a real torture to fly with this type of plane. This was my first and last experience with this airline. They do not respect Silver status for a Star Alliance member. They did not allow me to drop my baggage to the priority counter indicating that they recognize only Silver more (which I have never heard of before). They are part of Star Alliance and do not respect the rules.
Aircraft787
RouteToronto to Warsaw

Review by (United States) 13th June 2015

We did a round trip. I am gluten-intolerant and requested gluten-free meals. The first one, dinner, was good, I was very pleased. The "breakfast" consisted of two muffins and fruit. No butter or jelly! And I paid $15 for that! On the way back our flights changed and I didn't know I was supposed to confirm the gluten-free meals. Therefore, they didn't have any for me. The flight attendants were very helpful though, they brought me a vegetarian meal that was not claimed for one meal and for the second one they put together a meal for me - mostly salads, fruit, and nuts. I was pleased with the service and that they went above-and-beyond to provide me with the meals I needed. I can't say enough about the good service. We brought back three adopted boys who spoke only Polish and the attendants were very patient in answering their questions since we could not understand them.
Aircraft787
RouteChicago to Warsaw

Review by (United States) 12th June 2015

FRA-WAW-ODS. Two short hops on LOT on smaller jets. Was run like a low cost airline: Just a cup of water and chocolate but the seats were comfortable and no IFE. Staff are friendly. A food and beverage cart run down the aisle charging about 2 bucks for drinks and snacks and almost no one bought anything. I wonder if they flushed all the coffee down the toilet at the end of the flight? I don't think the model is cost effective for Poland. Probably more coffee and tea wasted than paid for by customers. Flights left and arrived on time. Flights booked with mileage points so no idea as to value. I needed a good connection between Frankfurt and Odessa and this was one of them.
RouteFRA-WAW-ODS

Review by (Sweden) 31st May 2015

ARN-WAW-JFK. First time connecting through WAW and first time flying LOT I did not quite know what to expect. Arrived in WAW on time had no trouble at all finding the gate. WAW overall seemed fresh and nice with free WiFi and a lot of power outlets even loading stations if you forgot your iphone charger. The boarding process was pretty smooth and we pushed back with a 15 min delay. As for the flight this was my first time on a 787 and I loved it. The plane is very quiet and looks great big nice windows with a dimming-function I've never encountered before. The IFE was alright a very good selection of Hollywood movies however if you are a movie geek like me you've might have seen some of the finest picks. The seat comfort was OK. Good amount of leg space seat was fairly comfortable and the tables where very functional. The food was fine nothing special really but I wasn't flying hungry or thirsty. Overall the service on the plane was really good the flight attendants always had a smile on their face and were quick to assist you if you needed anything. We arrived at JFK 20min before scheduled time. Bottom line I would not hesitate to fly with LOT again especially when their prices are generally lower then Lufthansa or KLM.

Review by (Netherlands) 16th April 2015

The seat comfort of the new Boeing Dreamliner is very poor there is no comfort foam in the seat cushions it feels right away very hard and after two or three hours it hurts if you have to fly 11 hours? This is a very poor (economy class) passenger seat design of Boeing the thin seat cushions are not finished with durable comfort foam. It will probably be resistant of 16 or 20 G but there is absolutely no passenger comfort in the seat cushion of the Dreamliner.