LOT Polish Airlines

Review by (Sweden)

If you are a foreigner that doesn't speak Polish this is the best way of domestic transport within Poland. Polish airports are generally in good shape and staff speak english (unlike staff at trainstations). I've flown the E-jets and Q400s and they are equally comfortable. The Q400s are very loud however, and LOT does not distribute earplugs before the flight so if you are annoyed by high noises you might want to bring your own or noiseblocking headphones. Otherwise this is a very affordable and fast travel within Poland. There is no business class on domestic routes but if you do a online check-in 24hrs before the flight you can easily choose the first-row seats without extra charge.
AircraftE-Jets, Q400 Dash
RouteWAW to KRK/KTW/WRO
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (Poland)

I flew LOT on routes WRO-YYZ and YYZ-WRO, both flights via WAW. The WRO-WAW flights were domestic flights operated by turboprop Dash-8 Q400. Those flights were short, only meal on board was a small candy bar and sour jellies. WAW is a quite good connecting airport with realistic 30 min MCT. Only issue was security control between non-schengen and schengen zone, as the security staff was rude and unhelpful. Flights WAW-YYZ and return operated by 787 were rather comfortable, 787 planes are quite new, so the interiors aren't too bad. Seats are narrow, but comfortable. The space above the head while seating on the window seat can be disappointing if you are tall person, because of the shape of fuselage. Staff is the weakest LOT's point, flight attendants aren't helpful, uncivil, they're not smiling at all. Meals were much better than the Air Canada's on the same route, suprisingly organic. LOT's IFE is nothing special, some "fresh" Hollywood's blockbusters, some classic films and some polish movies, choice of music is disappointing. Overall, LOT on long-haul flights isn't better, but it isn't worse than other airlines like Lufthansa, Air Canada etc. Great thing is a convenience of 30 min WAW transfer, it's better MCT than most airports in Europe.
AircraftBoeing 787-8, Q400
RouteWRO to YYZ via WAW
Date FlownAugust 2015

LOT Polish Airlines customer review

Review by (United States)

I flew LOT on July 28th from Sofia to Chicago trough Warsaw. They canceled the flight Warsaw - Chicago and made us claim our baggage and go to a hotel. I was alone with my 10 months old baby. They did not do much to find another flight for all the people left there, and many, such as me, stayed at Warsaw for 2 days. Finally, on July 30th we were on the plane. Nothing was as I have seen before. The crew members were rude, everything I asked for was accepted with unpleasant facial expressions. The food was awful and obviously not enough because I was offered a different meal of that I wanted. The biggest problem came when I found out that they put wet blankets in the bassinet where my baby slept. Never had issues with such unprofessionalism from any other airline.
RouteWarsaw to Chicago

Review by (Canada)

We bought 3 return tickets for the trip Toronto to Zagreb via Warsaw. Going to Zagreb no problem, but coming back we were forced by LOT Polish Airlines to leave our vacation a day earlier as LOT Polish Airline canceled our flight from Zagreb to Warsaw, which supposed to be perfect connection to Toronto and all happened with verbal "Sorry and apology". We should leave Zagreb at 1pm on July 22nd and arrive same day at Warsaw at 3pm or so and leave at 4:45pm to Toronto, when LOT has changed our flight back, they said we have only option to leave with early flight from Zagreb (which made us come to Zagreb from our hometown Vukovar which is 3.5 hours away from Zagreb airport and use hotel over night). So LOT Polish Airline put us on that 8am flight to Vienna and from Vienna to Warsaw with 5 hours of waiting time at Warsaw airport. After we talked to LOT representative she said that this is the best option and after we asked for hotel and any credit, she advise us to sent email to their claim department which did not really care about what happened. After 3 email exchanged we learned that this company, Lot Polish Airline is not worth to be used ever in the future.
RouteToronto to Zagreb via Warsaw

LOT Polish Airlines customer review

Review by (United States)

Flight WAW to ORD July 24. Food service was very rushed. Flight attendants poorly trained to cater to business class passengers in terms of attention to service requests. Very stingy with hard liquors, will only serve couple of drinks during dinner service and will purposly ignore any more request. Food average. You have to ask for everything, nothing is ever offered even water. Looks like saving on liquids including liquor and water was their main goal. Magnificent aircraft especially in business class too bad crew in business class is not properly trained.
RouteWarsaw to Chicago

Review by (New Zealand)

Just a short trip of about an hour but the flight was good. Our 4 year old was given a puzzle book and some pencils. Water and a wafer bar was provided. Cabin crew were friendly enough. Check-in was extremely slow though. 3 counters open with a short queue and it still took 20+ minutes. Counter staff seem to move very slowly!
AircraftEmbraer 175
RouteRiga to Warsaw

Review by (Canada)

My flight from Kishinev to Toronto was cancelled and the alternative that they offered was not acceptable. Instead of 1 transfer, they offered 2 transfers with 7 hours waiting in Vienna. I was travelling with a 9 month old baby and LOT were not at all understanding.
RouteKishinev to Toronto via Warshaw

Review by (Canada)

Warsaw to Toronto on July 1, 2015 with LOT Polish Airlines. My experience is very poor. The entertainment system did not work properly. I had to ask for another headphone. I waited for about 15-20 minutes, and when I noted this duration to the attendant, the answer was: "we are preparing food, we are busy" My girlfriend waited for about 40 minutes for a glass of water to take a medication. The sign that indicates need of help was on in both cases above, but seemed nobody cared. Delay in flight due to computer issue for about 1,5 hour. The captain indicated the issues, but when it got fixed, he never assured the passengers that everything was alright. LOT should consider that people on economy class receive at least average standard service.
RouteWarsaw to Toronto

Review by (Poland)

Nice to have Boeing 787 on this short flight instead of usual old 737. However the seats in Economy are very narrow with quite limited legroom. If you are over 180cm/6 ft tall, you may find it very uncomfortable. LOT has a food for purchase in Economy, but selection is quite good (sandwiches, salads, snacks, hot meals), and soft and alcoholic drinks. Eveything is cheap, and for large sandwich, beer and coffee I paid 28 PLN, which is 6 Euro/9 USD. Water and chocolate wafer is for free. Good IFE with around 40 movies and many tv shows. The only downpoint of this flight was some cabin crew. Some were nice and smiling, some looked very grumpy, with basic English skills or not talkative at all, answering with "no", "yes" only. Sometimes the word "please" would be apreciated. Generally, good flight, but some cabin crew must remember who pays their salaries and treat us with respect.
RouteWAW to LHR
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (Canada)

This airline has embraced the worst airbus space limits for customers in economy class. You have no chance to rest on this airplane. They have 9 rows instead of 8 as other Star Alliance flights. My shoulders and elbows were in continuous touch with my neighbors. Leg space is horrible. It's a real torture to fly with this type of plane. This was my first and last experience with this airline. They do not respect Silver status for a Star Alliance member. They did not allow me to drop my baggage to the priority counter indicating that they recognize only Silver more (which I have never heard of before). They are part of Star Alliance and do not respect the rules.
Aircraft787