Best Economy Class Seats

LOT Polish Airlines

"staff attentive to passengers"

Verified Review | Warsaw to Budapest. LOT staff that helped me at check in. The security line appeared was long but only took about 15 minutes. Nice airport, clean and nice stores with standard free wifi. Announcements at the airport are made in Polish and English. There weren't many seats at my gate but I was fine standing. Boarded about 10 minutes late via a bus to the plane, a little crowed but luckily the ride was only a minute. Flight attendant at the entrance of the Bombardier Q400 greeting in Polish and English. The plane was simple but had nice leg room. We took off a little late and chocolate bars were passed out, staff were attentive to the passengers, the pilot kept us informed. You could also purchase food for a small price.
AircraftQ400
RouteWAW to BUD
Date FlownJuly 2016

"just don't know what they are doing"

Verified Review | Toronto to Warsaw. My first experience was relatively uneventful - the highlights were flat seats in Business where one couldn't lay flat because the total length of the flat seat was most likely around 170cm, and passengers having boarding passes to the same seat in WAW and the mess it created in the airplane. Mediocre service. Mediocre food. Even for the relatively low price this was not a great value - I recall that at the time I thought that taking my first flight on the Boeing 787 wasn't really a good experience. This time (mid-July 2016) I was flying Business class and LOT has outdone itself on all fronts. 3 hr delay in YYZ due to a problem with AC. In WAW, I was nearly declined boarding the connecting code share flight because even though I was checked in through to my final destination, I was not on their passenger list. No one could tell me what was going on. I asked about my luggage and was told about 6 times that it was (a) onboard and (b) no luggage from Toronto was onboard. A complete, unfriendly and hopeless mess partially redeemed only by getting to finally get onboard (after the aircraft waited for me for 20 minutes past its departure time) and enjoying a good Aeroflot Sukhoi plane and excellent service in Business class. I dread going back the same route in a month, and will avoid LOT going forward. They just don't know what they are doing.
RouteYYZ to WAW
Date FlownJuly 2016

"flying LOT is a living nightmare"

Verified Review | London to Tbilisi via Warsaw. Flying LOT is a living nightmare. Their flights to London Heathrow are notoriously delayed (2-4 hours on the average). LOT, of course, keeps blaming LHR, however their management and a handful of old 737s are to blame for this fiasco. It took me 27 hours to reach the destination (twice in the past four weeks). The first leg was on a rundown 737 with partly broken-down seats, aircon not functioning until we were well airborne and leaking toilets close to where meals were being prepared. The second flights were a tad better but still heavily delayed. Their management should get a grip and take a fast track course how to run an airline. This is simply not sustainable.
RouteLHR to TBS via WAW
Date FlownJuly 2016

"never fly with LOT again"

Verified Review | New York to Odessa via Warsaw. We purchased our tickets on Feb,20 2016 and were looking forward to our vacation, we also make our seat arrangements - we chose window and middle seat because we are senior citizens and were looking for some comfort on the long flight. When we checked in New York all was fine and our flight was smooth but on the way back we have to deal with big problem : our seats were changed to our big surprise in connected flight and flight to JFK - we try to speak to representative in Warsaw but he told us to be happy that we sit together and biggest surprise was waiting when we see our seats - we were surrounded by 4 toilets, and it was nightmare because traffic to the bathrooms was nonstop during ten hours of flight and we cannot rest for ten minutes - staff pushed us few times with food carts. We paid extra $32 per person that give us chance to choose our seats and we did it five months before our flight - can LOT give us an explanation. we will never fly with LOT again and will never recommend it to my friends.
RouteJFK to ODS via WAW
Date FlownJuly 2016

"impressed with their seat pitch"

Verified Review | Although these were two very short flights with LOT from Stockholm to Ljubljana via Warsaw, was impressed with their seat pitch in economy. Was very comfortable, both on the E70 and the Dash 8. Moreover, the transfer at Warsaw airport was efficient. A great consideration for European flights.
AircraftEmbraer 70 / Dash 8
RouteARN to LJU via WAW

"I'm very disappointed"

(Japan)

Verified Review | Tokyo to Wroclaw via Warsaw. I'm very disappointed and I don't think I'll be flying with the airline on this route again. I'm an expat based in Tokyo, and was flying to Poland for a wedding. The flight from Tokyo to Warsaw was delayed few times only to be eventually cancelled. The customers were left to sit at the airport for 8 hours, then transported to a nearby hotel. The cancelation was due to technical issues with the aircraft. They scheduled the same flight for next day 9AM and started to delay it AGAIN a while before boarding, due to similar issues. At this point, the ground staff was doing their best to rebook angry customers onto other flights while the only represnetative of LOT went to have a smoke. I was eventually escorted out of the airport while others were still trying to rebook into other airlines. A warning to other travelers, LOT Boeing 787 aircrafts are infamous for their issues and those incidents made it into national news a few times already.
RouteNRT to WRO via WAW
Date FlownJune 2016

"by far the worst airline"

Krakow, Poland to New York City via Warsaw. By far the worst airline I have ever flown. Constant delays and cancellations. Flight attendants that will go hours without offering food or drink. Complete and total incompetence by staff to deal with problems caused by their company. I don't think I've had a single problem free flight with LOT and I have flown with them 10+ times. At one point my flight from New York city to Warsaw was delayed by 4 hours because the plane was late. This caused me to miss my connection flight to Krakow. Instead, they offer me a flight to Katowice (1 hour from Krakow) and a bus to take me to Krakow. I was upset because I purchased a plane ticket, not a bus ticket, but it was my only option. Then the plane to Katowice was delayed by three hours. What did I receive in exchange for my 8 hours of travel becoming 26? A voucher to use at the airport restaurants that was only valid for the cheapest item on the menu (plain pasta with spaghetti sauce is what I got. Avoid LOT at all costs. Pay a few hundred extra to fly through another country. At least then you'll have a comfortable and worthwhile flight.
RouteKRK to JFK via WAW
Date FlownJune 2016

"business class very nice"

Verified Review | The LOT Polish Airlines flight from Warsaw to New York JFK on the Boeing 787 was spectacular. The business class offerings are very nice and the staff extremely attentive. The cabin is open, lit very well and seats, very comfortable. The IFE at my seat had a nice selection of movies, flight information, and music.
Aircraft787
RouteWAW to JFK
Date FlownMay 2016

"avoid LOT Airlines"

Verified Review | Avoid LOT Airlines. Yes, they are cheap. But save yourself some hassle and pay more. We had an international flight going to Chicago through Warsaw. The boarding process was very unorganized. During the flight, the staff was very rude. They spoke Polish and were hesitant to switch to English. Upon arrival to Chicago, we discovered that both of our bags were damaged and were torn. There was nobody present at the LOT lost baggage kiosk , so we had to go one floor up to the LOT check-in desk. Instead of taking care of us right there at the check-in desk, LOT personnel sent us to a gate to wait for their colleague who could assist us. They directed us to a gate that does not exist in that terminal. After 20 minutes, we just left. We were done. It was almost 10 o'clock in the evening, we had an 8-hour flight and we had 4-hours of driving ahead of us. When I contacted LOT customer service the very next day, LOT asked to present original receipts for the suitcase (from the date they were bought) and a verified estimate of how much it would cost to repair our bags. Only upon submission of those 2 documents, LOT would consider whether to reimburse us or not.
RouteHRK to ORD via WAW
Date FlownApril 2016

"cheaper than standard Economy"

(Austria)

I fly frequently on Vienna to Warsaw route and chose Premium Economy as it was cheaper than standard Economy on specific dates flown. My expectations were pretty low as Economy on LOT is no-frills - but Premium Eco was the opposite. You sit in the C section of the cabin and you get food and beverages. Flight staff most friendly and it was a real pleasure. Will go for this service again. The E195 aircraft is pleasant to travel in.
AircraftE195