Top 100 Airports

LOT Polish Airlines

"poor customer service"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Warsaw to Stockholm. Poor customer service. Website is slow and not user friendly, app is a disaster. Login to my account doesn't help to speed up check in - you still have to have your booking code (some other arlines are so much better in this area). Cabin luggage is checked with no flexibility with small overweight - which can be understand (but not liked). The problem is I was not allowed to take my hand luggage on the board despite weight was ok. There were no possibility at the gate to check real weight and staff member judged on his feeling.
RouteWAW to ARN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"food and service were excellent"

Verified Review | I've been going to Eastern Europe every year since 2009, and this is the first time I've flown with Lot Polish Airlines. Although the Flight from Chicago was 30 minutes late (1st July 2016), the flight actually arrived earlier in Warsaw. Seat 2D was very comfortable. Food and service were excellent. The flight attendants were extremely attentive and friendly throughout the flight to Warsaw. Warsaw to Riga was the same. All four pieces of checked-in luggage arrived in Riga without any problems. On the return trip (24th July 2016) Riga to Warsaw, the flight attendant went out of her way to retrieve my hand-carried luggage from the the cart as it was being unloaded from the plane in Warsaw, handed it to me, and directed me to a special van for business class passengers waiting at the tarmac to take us to the terminal. Flight from Warsaw to Chicago was also excellent, food, service and comfortable seat (again 2D). 2 checked-in luggage arrived at O'hare without any problems. All in all, very happy with LOT, and will definitely fly with them again in 2017 going the same route.
AircraftBoeing 787, DASH 8 - 400
RouteORD to RIX via WAW

"had to wait 14 hours"

Verified Review | I had to fly back to Italy from Warsaw early in the morning. Late at night, a few hours before the flight, the company called to say that my flight was cancelled (due to unknown reasons). Ok, it can happen, but: the customer service on the phone did know anything about what I had to do and suggested a flight late in the evening via Frankfurt because "there were no other flights". In the morning I went to speak to the ticket office to try to understand how to go home, they said that I was able to take a direct flight in the evening (which was not the first flight to Milan). I had to wait 14 hours and not a single voucher was given to me, I had to pay for water and food. They even denied my refund request. I will never fly with LOT Polish again.
AircraftEmbraer 175
RouteWAW to MXP
Date FlownJune 2016

"a lot less than I expected"

Verified Review | I picked LOT as they offered the most convenient connection between those two cities. The layover in Warsaw was only 60 mins and I managed to make my connecting flight just fine, the airport is well sign-posted and small enough for an hour to be enough if you fly within Schengen. AMS - WAW (ERJ-190) leg on the outbound journey was fine - nothing special and the wine is passable for the price charged. You do get a free chocolate bar and a glass of water after they've passed the cabin with the chargeable items which is a bit cheeky. WAW - KTW (DH8D) was a joke. That aircraft is so noisy you cannot hear the PA announcements made by the cabin crew. As a result of the noise I was left with a huge headache. Inbound journey was more eventful: KTW - WAW (DHC-8-400) - delayed. The noise was horrible again - but it's only 35 mins so fine, I can bear with it. WAW - AMS (Fokker 100). At the gate the LOT people informed us the aircraft was leased from Carpatair. It was an old Fokker in 2x3 configuration and I was sat in the last row just by the engines. So, the noise, again. Flight was delayed for about 15 mins, we boarded the aircraft and then the curtains to the kitchen went shut. We sat there on the tarmac for another 50 mins with no communication from anyone, no drinks or food offered. Finally after another 30 mins of waiting the captain came on and blamed the airport for the delay (which might as well have been true). There was no info from the cockpit mid - flight. Cabin crew was ok but not necessarily over-friendly. The whole experience was a lot less than I expected and I don't think I will fly with them again. If they want to pose as a regular airline, then they need to scrap the chargeable menu and give people food fgs. If they want to be a low - cost airline well, they need staff that are far more attentive then at the moment and better aircrafts. Yes, the seats had on the Fokker were decent (leather, I'd think) and the pitch was good but I don't think I will fly with them again.
AircraftERJ-190, DH8D, Fokker 100
RouteAMS to KTW via WAW
Date FlownAugust 2016

"on the plane we were not fed"

(Israel)

My wife and I flew LOT Polish Airlines from Tel Aviv to Riga via Warsaw airport. Flight to Warsaw was detained almost 2 hours. Because of this, almost missed the flight of the same company in Riga. On the plane we were not fed. The airport of Riga received a broken suitcase. Because of this, we in Riga had to buy a new suitcase.
RouteTLV to RIX via WAW
Date FlownJuly 2016

"you have to buy food, drinks, etc"

(Poland)

Verified Review | A return trip between Warsaw and Nice. The staff at the airport and onboard were friendly and attentive. The seats were very comfortable, however, they lacked any form of inflight entertainment. The only serious issue, nonetheless, was the price of the ticket. Tickets at this airline are very overpriced. This fact gets even more annoying when you are on board and realise that you have to buy food, drinks, etc. This make me have mixed feelings about recommending this airline to friends.
AircraftE195 / E175
RouteWAW to NCE
Date FlownAugust 2016

"staff attentive to passengers"

Verified Review | Warsaw to Budapest. LOT staff that helped me at check in. The security line appeared was long but only took about 15 minutes. Nice airport, clean and nice stores with standard free wifi. Announcements at the airport are made in Polish and English. There weren't many seats at my gate but I was fine standing. Boarded about 10 minutes late via a bus to the plane, a little crowed but luckily the ride was only a minute. Flight attendant at the entrance of the Bombardier Q400 greeting in Polish and English. The plane was simple but had nice leg room. We took off a little late and chocolate bars were passed out, staff were attentive to the passengers, the pilot kept us informed. You could also purchase food for a small price.
AircraftQ400
RouteWAW to BUD
Date FlownJuly 2016

"just don't know what they are doing"

Verified Review | Toronto to Warsaw. My first experience was relatively uneventful - the highlights were flat seats in Business where one couldn't lay flat because the total length of the flat seat was most likely around 170cm, and passengers having boarding passes to the same seat in WAW and the mess it created in the airplane. Mediocre service. Mediocre food. Even for the relatively low price this was not a great value - I recall that at the time I thought that taking my first flight on the Boeing 787 wasn't really a good experience. This time (mid-July 2016) I was flying Business class and LOT has outdone itself on all fronts. 3 hr delay in YYZ due to a problem with AC. In WAW, I was nearly declined boarding the connecting code share flight because even though I was checked in through to my final destination, I was not on their passenger list. No one could tell me what was going on. I asked about my luggage and was told about 6 times that it was (a) onboard and (b) no luggage from Toronto was onboard. A complete, unfriendly and hopeless mess partially redeemed only by getting to finally get onboard (after the aircraft waited for me for 20 minutes past its departure time) and enjoying a good Aeroflot Sukhoi plane and excellent service in Business class. I dread going back the same route in a month, and will avoid LOT going forward. They just don't know what they are doing.
RouteYYZ to WAW
Date FlownJuly 2016

"flying LOT is a living nightmare"

Verified Review | London to Tbilisi via Warsaw. Flying LOT is a living nightmare. Their flights to London Heathrow are notoriously delayed (2-4 hours on the average). LOT, of course, keeps blaming LHR, however their management and a handful of old 737s are to blame for this fiasco. It took me 27 hours to reach the destination (twice in the past four weeks). The first leg was on a rundown 737 with partly broken-down seats, aircon not functioning until we were well airborne and leaking toilets close to where meals were being prepared. The second flights were a tad better but still heavily delayed. Their management should get a grip and take a fast track course how to run an airline. This is simply not sustainable.
RouteLHR to TBS via WAW
Date FlownJuly 2016

"never fly with LOT again"

Verified Review | New York to Odessa via Warsaw. We purchased our tickets on Feb,20 2016 and were looking forward to our vacation, we also make our seat arrangements - we chose window and middle seat because we are senior citizens and were looking for some comfort on the long flight. When we checked in New York all was fine and our flight was smooth but on the way back we have to deal with big problem : our seats were changed to our big surprise in connected flight and flight to JFK - we try to speak to representative in Warsaw but he told us to be happy that we sit together and biggest surprise was waiting when we see our seats - we were surrounded by 4 toilets, and it was nightmare because traffic to the bathrooms was nonstop during ten hours of flight and we cannot rest for ten minutes - staff pushed us few times with food carts. We paid extra $32 per person that give us chance to choose our seats and we did it five months before our flight - can LOT give us an explanation. we will never fly with LOT again and will never recommend it to my friends.
RouteJFK to ODS via WAW