Lion Air

"Bad communication service"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Denpasar. Due to take off 7 pm. Delay information at 6.30pm. No more info. Reason not clear. Got refreshment at 9.35pm. Read from TV monitor stated delayed 22.10. A very bad expererience. Bad communication service. Really disappointed.
Date FlownJune 2017

"very bad airline and service"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Singapore to Jakarta. I was supposed to board on 20.40 pm and got delayed until 00.50. I'm writing this while waiting and still hasn't boarded. A very bad airline and service. No one told me if it got delayed I have to asked the information desk each time it got delayed, again and again and again. There is no compensation given as well nor any apology said from the airline. I don't recommend ever taking this aircraft.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"this was the lowest price"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jambi to Jakarta. Lion Air is infamous for delays. I took this flight because this was the lowest price and the most suitable schedule. The flight was okay, surprisingly no delay, but the FA was not hospitable. no IFE or inflight meal for purchase, maybe because it was just a short flight.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteJambi to Jakarta
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Worst airline to date"

Verified Review | Denpasar to Lombok. Worst airline to date. They're never punctual for their flights and always due to operational delay. Terrible service recovery. Why can other airlines do it and not this one? Honestly, they don't deserve my time for a long review. In fact, 1 star is too much of a compliment. They should really think about the management or rather go out of service.
RouteDenpasar to Lombok
Date FlownAugust 2017

"recommended for its low price"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Denpasar. During check in there was an extremely long line. The staff noticed us and brought us through the front of the line and quickly checked us in. The walking distance from check in to the gate was fairly easy as this was a domestic flight. At the gate we took a bus ride to the plane. The flight was delayed by approximately 30 minutes however the landing at the destination was only delayed by 10 minutes. The flight was quick and smooth; however no food or beverages were served or offered as there were none. Although a small water bottle was offered for Rp 10,000 or approximately less then a dollar. There was no in flight entertainment system also. However food and beverages could be packed or bought from the airport and allowed in the flight. This flight was last minute booked but we still got a good price. The only issue were the lavatories. There were only 4, they were not cleaned properly. Lion Air was decent and is recommended for its low price.
Date FlownJuly 2017

"not choose my seat"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | My flight from Bandung to Surabaya was on time. I did check-in online and it was ok, unfortunately I could not choose my seat, I think it's because LCC airlines. Boarding process was fast and efficient. The cabin was a bit dirty. We arrived safely and on time.
RouteBandung to Surabaya

"not recommend Lion Air"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Singapore to Jakarta. Nothing good to say. Aircraft is outdated and dirty. Seat pitch is extremely tight. Cabin crew is not friendly. Delayed by 1.5 hours. Overall it is extremely bad and have bad time management. Would not recommend Lion Air.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2017

"crew is nice and friendly"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Denpasar, my first time flying an A330 with Lion Air. Leg room was huge compared to the 737. The ground staff is okay (at CGK and DPS), cabin crew is nice and friendly, but the baggage claim took longer than I was expecting. Other than that, it was the cheapest flight and it is worth it. No IFE, only magazine. They sell drinks but not sure if they sell food on this flight. Seat width is smaller than the one in 737. Plane was configured in a 3-3-3 layout and it was quite new, and also clean.
AircraftA330-300

"airline is always late"

Verified Review | Lombok to Bali. This airline is always late! I have missed connections because of them. After flying with them throughout my whole trip to Indonesia (big mistake), my last flight was finally on time. Unfortunately, they damaged my surfboard on that flight and refused to pay. Actually, they said if I stay in the country for another month, they would repair it for me. Ridiculous! The staff was so confused and had no idea how to handle the situation. After 3 hours of negotiating, my friend got his board repaired. They still refused to repair mine.
RouteLombok to Bali

"this unpleasant experience"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Denpasar to Jakarta. Had unpleasant time with Lion Air, both their system or their reaction in handling problem. I have bought the ticket and did web check in/online check in, I bought 2 seats and check in together. And then when we arrived at airport and went to counter to check in luggage the Lion Air officer said very leisurely that one of our seat is not available anymore and the flight was full already. They said their system didn't received out web check in data so the seat now is not available anymore. And furthermore we have successfully checked in and we didn't late came to airport. Then they give many unreasonable reasons and the officer even said this is not their fault. After long wait and many debate, last minute they let us in to the airplane. We are very disappointed with this unpleasant experience. And we feel really insecure to fly with Lion Air again in the future.
RouteDenpasar to Jakarta