Lion Air

Review by (Indonesia) 17th June 2015

Flying Lion Air (operated by Wings Abadi Air) from Kupang to Atambua on 16th June. It was nice journey onboard although it is a short flight. New ATR72-600 had quite nice legroom. Price was very affordable. Flight attendants have nice uniforms accompanied by wonderful smile. I will recommend and choose Wings Air in short flight again.
AircraftATR72-600
RouteKupang to Atambua

Review by (Indonesia) 28th August 2014

Flown with Lion Air CGK-SIN-CGK on 22 and 24 respectively using their (rather) new single isle Boeing 737-900. Flown with about almost 1.5 hours of delay for the return leg but it is Changi so I won't complain. What I notice about this airline is that they provide more (just a little more) room for International flights. Had no problem fitting in my legs (I am 184cm tall) a little cramped but nothing compared to my last CGK-DPS-CGK flight. That being mentioned I can't actually say much about the level of comfort that I get from LCCs you get what you pay! Now lowering down my standard to the level of LCCs Lion Air is a pleasant airline to fly with. What they can do to improve passenger satisfaction is to improve their punctuality. Lion Air has been the master of all delayed flights and with their new 700 aircraft's in order they can improve their means of operation too.

Review by (Indonesia) 28th August 2014

Review by (Singapore) 15th April 2014

Bangkok (Don Mueang) - Hat Yai return with Thai Lion Air. A mix experience from pleasant to fair enough. Booking system and online check - in fine their website is easy. Staff very friendly polite and professional. Aircraft is brand new 737-900er with Sky interior look nice and exit row are comfortable. On the return flight my preferred seat request is refused despite it being available regular seat are tight cramp and very uncomfortable. Hot meal sold on board had run out only instant noodle or snack available. Crew are apologetic with the problem and tried to accommodate other request. Punctuality is perfect. Expense wise their fare are cheap and include all those miscellaneous cost (eg. tax and VAT) 15kgs load luggage free. Will not hesitate to fly them again at this cost and level of service.

Review by (Singapore) 15th April 2014

Review by (Singapore) 30th March 2014

Not that I expect much from LCCs however my Lion Air flight from Bali to Yogyakarta was Bad. Terrible online system. Difficult to make payment with non-Indonesian credit card. Cannot select seats online and no online check-in. Disorganized at airport in Bali where they basically re-entered all the data while checking in. Delayed flights. Onboard the absolute smallest legroom I've ever seen. Thankfully there are some positives as well: they have new 737-900ER's with Sky Interiors the flights are short and cheap and flight attendants have nice uniforms accompanied by wonderful smiles. For the rest they have a lot of work to do to be able to compete with Air Asia.

Review by (Singapore) 30th March 2014

Review by (Thailand) 18th March 2014

It was nice journey onboard Thai Lion Air (SL8201) on route Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok Don Mueang. New Boeing 737-900 had not enough legroom but it was quite nice. The problem was that our flight was delayed about 15 h and there was no any announcement about it. Another problem is that during booking I couldn't choose my seat or check-in online. Price was very affordable. I will recommend and choose Thai Lion Air again.

Review by (Thailand) 18th March 2014

Review by (United Kingdom) 23rd October 2013

Flying LionAir (operated by Wings Abadi Air) from Bali to Komodo Airport on 7th Oct. What an absolute nightmare! It started 3 days before trying to re-confirm my flight with them as it has been booked 9 months earlier from the UK and I had an email advising slight schedule change the day earlier. We arrive at Bali airport to be met with chaos at check in most disorganised airline ever (and I have travelled many times in the Far East and Africa). It took about an hour to get to the front of the queue when we did the girl checking us in seemed to be having a few problems with the booking but eventually checked us in and took our baggage and issued our boarding passes. We arrive at the gate at the required time to be met again by chaos it appeared all Lion Air and Wings Air flights go from this gate I confirmed with desk clerk we were at the right gate and we sat down and waited the boarding time arrived and past I went back to the desk as we approached the departure time to again be told right gate please wait! The departure time now had passed and it was about an hour past departure time a few flights had been boarded but no news of ours none of the departure boards were working so again I went up for a third time to find out what was happening asked another person to be advised 'Flight Cancelled' and you have to go back to check in. I got the clerk to assist us back to the airline desk and we found out the flight had actually been cancelled the night before they never should have checked us in and took our luggage. The airline were not able to rebook us either on to another flight so we lost our trip to Komodo. The worst of it is we were not the only ones this had happened to it appears other people had been checked in onto flights that had also been cancelled to other destinations. I would not recommend.
Seat Comfort N/A