Best Economy Class Seats

Lion Air

"delayed with no information provided "

Verified Review | Would never fly with them again. Booked business class from Lombok to Denpasar as nothing else was available, received only economy when we got there. Wings Air flight was delayed by 4hrs with no information provided whatsoever. We had to ask 4 times in order to be informed of the delay. Staff was extremely rude. Never book with them if you have a connecting flight!
RouteLOP to DPS
Date FlownJuly 2016

"ground staff kind and helpful"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Singapore With Lion Air. The ticket was very cheap and that is the reason why I choose Lion Air. The flight was a bit late for take off but landed on time. The check in was smooth and the ground staff was kind and quite helpful. Cabin staff cabin were welcoming and friendly to us. The seat were as normal as taking a low cost carrier. Overall, it is quite ok for this flight.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteCGK to SIN
Date FlownDecember 2015

"a terrible experience"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | The Lion Air flight departed from Main Terminal, KLIA. Check in was simple. Boarding only started 10mins before ETD and was really slow. The Boeing 737-900ER used was old. The cabin crew was ok. The seat pitch is a minimum of 28", and even for an Asian like me, I feel so uncomfortable throughout the flight which was about 2hrs. Lion is a budget, no-frills airline, thus, no IFE, no meals but a 20kg luggage allowance is provided free. Flight arrived 10mins behind schedule and it takes another 15mins for the aircraft ladder to arrive for disembarkation as Lion utilises the remote stand for cheaper airport charges. Once disembarked, waited for another 15mins for the transporting bus to arrive. Luckily luggage arrived fast. It was a terrible experience!
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteKUL to CGK
Date FlownMay 2016

"didn't get selected seat"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Surabaya to Jakarta with Lion Air. 12 hours before, I already check in on Lion Air website check in. I already selected the seat then I chose aisle seat - at the boarding time I didn't get my selected seat! If Lion Air can check in on website 12 hours before flight, why didn't I get my selection seat? Other people who did not check-in on website (the other people check in 2hours before flight) got my seat! Lion Air is also often delayed and the quality and the service is very bad!
RouteSUB to CGK
Date FlownMay 2016

"price was amazing"

(Turkey)

We flow from Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta and Jakarta to Singapore with Lion Air. I didn't expect much in terms of customer care and service and choose this airline merely for its cheap offers. However, I was quite impressed of this airline for several reasons: 1) There was no cancellation or any delay of our two legs with Lion Air. 2) I found the crew very polite, they had a smile on their faces while welcoing passengers during boarding. 3) I was also very impressed witnessing the staff helping passengers actively with storing their big and heavy bags onto overhead bins, this is a touch that you wouldn't see with European crews. 4) Crew engaged in emergency instructions. They briefed passengers in the exit rows about their duties. There was a seat empty on the exit row so a cabin member was asking people if they would like to sit in the exit row. 5) Crew were not good with English skills, their airline magazine also has no english content at all. 6) Price was amazing compared to other carriers. Full service carrirers such as Malaysia and Garuda wanted 4 times as much money as Lion Air. 7) Seat was comfortable with old fashinoned leather which I do prefer over these new but thin and hard seats from many carriers. Leg space was limited but acceptable for a 2 hours flight.
RouteKUL to CGK
Date FlownApril 2016

"read feedback before booking"

(Finland)

Booked a Lion Air flight from Bali to Jakarta because I had a connecting flight to Europe 4 hrs later after arriving to Jakarta. When checking status of flights same day as I should fly, there's no such flight - checking mail and in the spambox is a mail from Lion Air (late from previous day), saying that my flight is cancelled and I have a ticket for a flight 1 hr later. Fine I thought, mailed the Lion Airs customer service and asked if they know if the flight is on time and how I best can take me from terminal 3 to terminal 2 in Jakarta and explained that is important for me to check in 2 hrs before my connecting flight to Europe. Only answer I got was that it is not possible for me to cancel a flight per e-mail and no other information. Mailed them back asking what kind of customer service is this when not answering any of the questions I asked and told them that I'm not trying to cancel my flight, just trying to make sure that I will get to terminal 2 in time, of course no answer to my second mail. Got to Denpasar 3 hrs before my flight to Jakarta just to meke sure everything's ok, checking in with my old ticket and was told that my flight is 1 hr later as I already knew, asked if the flight is on time, they assured me so. Boarding half an hour later and departed 1 h 15 mins late, landed, waited for my baggage 45 mins, tried to take a shuttle bus to other terminal, it never came, took an overpriced taxi, but it was worth it, and I got to the check in 1 hr before my connecting flight. Only just made it and never been so stressed. Worst airline I ever used and the customer service is a joke! I learned a lesson also, always read feedback before booking anything, if I'd checked feedback on Lion Air before booking I'd chosen another company, I suggest you do the same.
RouteDPS to CGK
Date FlownMarch 2016

"a complete disaster"

(Thailand)

Jakarta to Denpasar and a complete disaster with Lion Air. The flight was 1.5 hours late with no information provided at all. When asked, ground staff shrugged, were rude and said they don't know. All this for a 9pm flight. On the airplane itself, they said the lateness was due to "operational reasons". I will never fly them again and wouldn't recommend them either.
RouteCGK to DPS
Date FlownMarch 2016

"30 mins waiting for bus"

(Indonesia)

Denpasar to Jakarta with Lion Air was a terrible experience. The departure time from Denpasar was 18.15. At the time of check in at 17.15 I am told that flight is on time. Then at 1745 we are told that flight is 30 mins late, and finally the flight departs at 20.45. It landed at 21:50 and we were then left on tarmac for 30 minutes waiting for a bus to pick up and take us to the terminal.
RouteDPS to CGK
Date FlownFebruary 2016

Lion Air customer review

(Indonesia)

The Lion Air flight was delayed for an hour. The boarding gate were overcrowded as many flights to different cities were also delayed. Flight was smooth. The cabin was comfortable. Luckily it was a short haul flight, so I didn't mind the short seat pitch. You get what you paid. With low ticket price, I wouldn't have high expectation.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG
RouteCGK to JOG
Date FlownJune 2015

"not worth the problems"

(Indonesia)

You think I would have learned my lesson after 90% or so of flights I have taken with Lion Air have been delayed. Now sitting on the floor in the crowded waiting lounge as no seats are available with another 2 hour delay, just announced at take off schedule. Not fun with 2 small children. Last month my return flight to Bali was delayed by 3 hours each way. Also don't bother with trying to check in on the app. It does not work. I will never book with this airline again. Not worth the problems for the cheaper price.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar