Lion Air

Review by (Netherlands)

My friend and I booked a flight from Krabi Airport to Bangkok for a very good price with Lion Air subsidiary Thai Lion Air. Seen the mostly negative reviews of Lion Air itself and were a bit hesitant to fly, but figured it would probably be alright. The experience was actually better than I expected. Yes, we did have one of Lion Air's notorious delays (about 25 minutes) and no, they did not mention it nor apologize. However, the flight itself was allright. Seats and legroom are comparable to other low-cost airlines and we comfortable enough for me (I'm just under 1.80 m). Staff are friendly and in-flight food and drinks are inexpensive. I don't know anything about the quality since I only had tea. Overall, I can say that if you don't mind a little delay, Thai Lion Air can be a good budget-concious choice.
RouteKrabi to Bangkok Don Muang
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (Indonesia)

The flight was shown as on-time but when I approached the desk and was told by staff it was delayed by 10 minutes, then told 20 minutes, an hour later we were asked to walk to another gate to a replacement plane. Once seated another passenger showed me his boarding pass that was the same seat as mine. The cabin crew tried telling me I was in the wrong seat, despite me showing my pass that she claimed was one row. I pointed out that row was already full, and I offered to move to the adjacent seat next seat. No explanation or was forthcoming for duplicate boarding passes.
RouteJakarta to Bengkulu
Date FlownJuly 2015

Review by (Indonesia)

Flying Lion Air (operated by Wings Abadi Air) from Kupang to Atambua on 16th June. It was nice journey onboard although it is a short flight. New ATR72-600 had quite nice legroom. Price was very affordable. Flight attendants have nice uniforms accompanied by wonderful smile. I will recommend and choose Wings Air in short flight again.
AircraftATR72-600
RouteKupang to Atambua
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (Indonesia)

Flown with Lion Air CGK-SIN-CGK on 22 and 24 respectively using their (rather) new single isle Boeing 737-900. Flown with about almost 1.5 hours of delay for the return leg but it is Changi so I won't complain. What I notice about this airline is that they provide more (just a little more) room for International flights. Had no problem fitting in my legs (I am 184cm tall) a little cramped but nothing compared to my last CGK-DPS-CGK flight. That being mentioned I can't actually say much about the level of comfort that I get from LCCs you get what you pay! Now lowering down my standard to the level of LCCs Lion Air is a pleasant airline to fly with. What they can do to improve passenger satisfaction is to improve their punctuality. Lion Air has been the master of all delayed flights and with their new 700 aircraft's in order they can improve their means of operation too.

Review by (Singapore)

Bangkok (Don Mueang) - Hat Yai return with Thai Lion Air. A mix experience from pleasant to fair enough. Booking system and online check - in fine their website is easy. Staff very friendly polite and professional. Aircraft is brand new 737-900er with Sky interior look nice and exit row are comfortable. On the return flight my preferred seat request is refused despite it being available regular seat are tight cramp and very uncomfortable. Hot meal sold on board had run out only instant noodle or snack available. Crew are apologetic with the problem and tried to accommodate other request. Punctuality is perfect. Expense wise their fare are cheap and include all those miscellaneous cost (eg. tax and VAT) 15kgs load luggage free. Will not hesitate to fly them again at this cost and level of service.

Review by (Singapore)

Not that I expect much from LCCs however my Lion Air flight from Bali to Yogyakarta was Bad. Terrible online system. Difficult to make payment with non-Indonesian credit card. Cannot select seats online and no online check-in. Disorganized at airport in Bali where they basically re-entered all the data while checking in. Delayed flights. Onboard the absolute smallest legroom I've ever seen. Thankfully there are some positives as well: they have new 737-900ER's with Sky Interiors the flights are short and cheap and flight attendants have nice uniforms accompanied by wonderful smiles. For the rest they have a lot of work to do to be able to compete with Air Asia.

Review by (Thailand)

It was nice journey onboard Thai Lion Air (SL8201) on route Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok Don Mueang. New Boeing 737-900 had not enough legroom but it was quite nice. The problem was that our flight was delayed about 15 h and there was no any announcement about it. Another problem is that during booking I couldn't choose my seat or check-in online. Price was very affordable. I will recommend and choose Thai Lion Air again.