Lion Air

"Worst airline to date"

Verified Review | Denpasar to Lombok. Worst airline to date. They're never punctual for their flights and always due to operational delay. Terrible service recovery. Why can other airlines do it and not this one? Honestly, they don't deserve my time for a long review. In fact, 1 star is too much of a compliment. They should really think about the management or rather go out of service.
RouteDenpasar to Lombok
Date FlownAugust 2017

"recommended for its low price"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Denpasar. During check in there was an extremely long line. The staff noticed us and brought us through the front of the line and quickly checked us in. The walking distance from check in to the gate was fairly easy as this was a domestic flight. At the gate we took a bus ride to the plane. The flight was delayed by approximately 30 minutes however the landing at the destination was only delayed by 10 minutes. The flight was quick and smooth; however no food or beverages were served or offered as there were none. Although a small water bottle was offered for Rp 10,000 or approximately less then a dollar. There was no in flight entertainment system also. However food and beverages could be packed or bought from the airport and allowed in the flight. This flight was last minute booked but we still got a good price. The only issue were the lavatories. There were only 4, they were not cleaned properly. Lion Air was decent and is recommended for its low price.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownJuly 2017

"not choose my seat"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | My flight from Bandung to Surabaya was on time. I did check-in online and it was ok, unfortunately I could not choose my seat, I think it's because LCC airlines. Boarding process was fast and efficient. The cabin was a bit dirty. We arrived safely and on time.
RouteBandung to Surabaya

"not recommend Lion Air"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Singapore to Jakarta. Nothing good to say. Aircraft is outdated and dirty. Seat pitch is extremely tight. Cabin crew is not friendly. Delayed by 1.5 hours. Overall it is extremely bad and have bad time management. Would not recommend Lion Air.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2017

"crew is nice and friendly"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Denpasar, my first time flying an A330 with Lion Air. Leg room was huge compared to the 737. The ground staff is okay (at CGK and DPS), cabin crew is nice and friendly, but the baggage claim took longer than I was expecting. Other than that, it was the cheapest flight and it is worth it. No IFE, only magazine. They sell drinks but not sure if they sell food on this flight. Seat width is smaller than the one in 737. Plane was configured in a 3-3-3 layout and it was quite new, and also clean.
AircraftA330-300
RouteJakarta to Denpasar

"airline is always late"

Verified Review | Lombok to Bali. This airline is always late! I have missed connections because of them. After flying with them throughout my whole trip to Indonesia (big mistake), my last flight was finally on time. Unfortunately, they damaged my surfboard on that flight and refused to pay. Actually, they said if I stay in the country for another month, they would repair it for me. Ridiculous! The staff was so confused and had no idea how to handle the situation. After 3 hours of negotiating, my friend got his board repaired. They still refused to repair mine.
RouteLombok to Bali

"this unpleasant experience"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Denpasar to Jakarta. Had unpleasant time with Lion Air, both their system or their reaction in handling problem. I have bought the ticket and did web check in/online check in, I bought 2 seats and check in together. And then when we arrived at airport and went to counter to check in luggage the Lion Air officer said very leisurely that one of our seat is not available anymore and the flight was full already. They said their system didn't received out web check in data so the seat now is not available anymore. And furthermore we have successfully checked in and we didn't late came to airport. Then they give many unreasonable reasons and the officer even said this is not their fault. After long wait and many debate, last minute they let us in to the airplane. We are very disappointed with this unpleasant experience. And we feel really insecure to fly with Lion Air again in the future.
RouteDenpasar to Jakarta
Date FlownMay 2017

"good flying experience"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Singapore to Jakarta. Lion Air has a bad reputation of having delays over and over. And this delay problem happened to me on my flight from SIN to CGK. We were departing at 14.50 and boarding at 14.05. Not until around 14.30 the plane arrived and passengers are just getting out of it. Meaning that the plane just arrived from another flight. At 14.50 we begun boarding and at 15.15 we were taxiing. After around 30 minutes in to the flight, they put seatbelt on is still on and apparently we were having some turbulence but it's normal. Then the flight attendants offer some food and drink (which is very nice, I ordered the fried rice with ebi katsu). For the cheap price, Lion Air offers a reasonably comfortable seat for me. This is probably because i'm only 165 cm and quite skinny. The plane is quite clean and new although the stickers on the tables was ripped. But the lavatory could use some improvements. When we arrived at CGK we used the jetbridge. This is rare as usually they used busses. Baggage claim is quite the wait and they also changed the conveyor belt number. For the price, Lion Air offer good flying experience.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownMay 2017

"service is nothing special"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Medan with Lion Air. The service is just there, nothing special to mention. The flight attendants are servicing well, but the lack of enthusiasm and sincerity is showing. The seats are not comfortable, as they jam so many people in so the seats feel very cramped. There is also a rush to get overhead baggage as some people carry baggage that should not be taken to cabin at the first place due to their size. There is no inflight entertainment, and some seats don't even have in-flight magazines. The flight is not good, the landing is very rough though the weather is fine. I fly the earliest flight possible, so I don't experience delays that frequent Lion AIr services in Indonesia.
RouteJakarta to Medan
Date FlownApril 2017

"flights were pleasant"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | It was a early morning flight out of KUL. I was in a group of 10 people going to Radin Inten II airport in Bandar Lampung via CGK. There was a 5-hour stopover in CGK before our next flight to TKG. Overall, the flights were pleasant, but in the inflight sales of food was too simple; no food items were available, passengers were only able to buy water and a piece of cake. During our stopover, we had to carry our luggage from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 of CGK ourselves; Lion Air should have provided us and others with transport while in transit.
AircraftBoeing 737-900 / 737-800