Lion Air

"paying to have your luggage lost"

Trip Verified | For an airline that does the same routine flights several times every single day, you would think that they could get it right. Not asking for much but it would be nice to see my checked luggage that saw a total of 1.25 hours in total airtime between two flights and a three hour layover before the second flight to get my back pack from one airplane to the other one parked beside it, you would assume that it's not something you need to be able to split atoms for to get right. Furthermore, the logic of having to pay extra for overweight luggage and have it lost is astonishing. Nothing like paying to have your luggage lost by a company that does the same routine flights seven days a week dealing with everyone's luggage as well. It would be nice to see the employees actually care about these types of situations maybe by starting to make phone calls and send emails and giving you updates rather than play video games on their phones.
RouteLabuan Bajo to Lombok via Denpasar
Date FlownJune 2018

"very disappointing"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Manado via Surabaya. We waited over 2 hours in Bali and was told first it was a technical issue and would be 15 minutes then 30 mins and so on till over 2 hours later we left for Surabaya. Lion staff would have known for sure that we would miss Our connecting flight from Surabaya to Manado but still sent us. We landed and after 1 hour was told yes, we had missed the flight and would now spend the night at the Ibis Budget hotel in a tiny cigarette smelling room. We lost our hotel accommodation in Manado. Also connecting flight next day to Tenate and hotel room for the next night. All because Lion air failed. Very dissappointing.
RouteDenpasar to Manado via Surabaya

"Absolutely horrible airline"

Trip Verified | Absolutely horrible airline, and not that much cheaper than other budget flights. Lion Air first delayed my 12pm flight from Lombok to Jakarta by two hours, then delayed it again to 3.40pm, but we didn’t even manage to board until 4.45pm. I should have read the other reviews before booking this; they are awful and far and away the worst budget airline I’ve flown in Asia. AirAsia, Vietjet, etc are far superior.
RouteLombok to Jakarta
Date FlownMay 2018

"experience was not pleasant"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Jakarta. I picked Lion Air because it was the cheapest of all budget airlines (compared to Air Asia, Citilink, etc). The flight was delayed by 1.5 hour and another 30 minutes delay on flight. Apparently this is a regular thing to happen according to my other flight. The onboard experience was not pleasant. The seatbelt that I have was broken so it couldn’t lock, which is very dangerous. The washroom is not well taken care of. The toilet seat was broken and the soap container was extremely dirty. The flight attendant are ok. The seats are ok. There weren’t any in flight entertainment, only the security procedure pamphlet (if you can find it entertaining, thats good) For the price difference of 20 dollar, it was not worth the flight. So I would rather choose other better budget airlines.
RouteDenpasar to Jakarta

"delayed so many times"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Bali to Jakarta. First, they rescheduled my flight from 15:50 become 16:00. Now, they said it will delay become 16:50. They have no shame about delay everytime. It’s so bad. They delayed so many times. It hard to trust this airplane. Nice I only will used this airplane three times. No more.
RouteBali to Jakarta

Lion Air customer review

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Flying from Jakarta to Pontianak with Lion Air 737- Max8, and the connected flight to Kuching by Wings Air. Ticket was booked easily, however I could not do mobile check in for Pontianak - Kuching sector. So I have to do check in at counter in the Airport. Both Flights were departed and arrived on time. Pontianak To Kuching was served by ATR 72-600, and i sat at 17A which was really spacious. It was a nice flight.
AircraftBoeing 737-Max 8 / ATR 72-600
RouteJakarta to Kuching via Pontianak
Date FlownApril 2018

"experience and product was fine"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Bengkulu. Based on price for the one hour 10 minute trip. The airplane was all one class, reminded me of Southwest in the US, however, the inside of the airplane was an advertising board for their package delivery service, it kind of was all over. In any case, the checking in, boarding was fine. The seats a little narrow, but then I am not the size of what I saw to be the average Indonesian. It was narrow but not uncomfortable and for the short trip it was not a big to do. Service was fine, we left on time arrived on time and I received my luggage without problems. The announcements were done in English and Bahasa Indonesian and well, the English was a bit difficult to understand when it was not pre recorded. All in all the experience and product was fine.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG
RouteJakarta to Bengkulu
Date FlownNovember 2017

"each flight suffered delays"

Trip Verified | Makassar to Denpasar. Unreliable. Massively delayed flight caused us to miss our connecting flights. Each prior flight on our trip with Lion also suffered delays of some sort. Lack of clear information provided at the departure gates. Information provided verbally conflicted with electronic boards at the departure gates. Not recommended.
RouteMakassar to Denpasar
Date FlownApril 2018

"worst airline I have flown with"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Denpasar. This would have to be the worst airline that I have ever flown with. Our first check in online at Jakarta, had the flight on time, but alas we arrived to the airport the flight was delayed 3 hours, due to what they said was technical fault. No service from the air hostesses on the flight, I was glad to get off. Then on our return trip from Denpasar back to Jakarta, another 4 hour delay and more technical difficulties.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownMarch 2018

"flight was not very comfortable"

Trip Verified | The flight from Jakarta to Berau was a mixed bag. The leg from Jakarta to Balikpapan was flown on a B737-900 on Lion Air, which was pretty much on time though the flight was not very comfortable with very limited leg space. However the flight from Balikpapan to Berau was delayed by almost 4 hours which was really irritating since the flight kept getting pushed by an hour at a time. They did give each passenger a compensation of 300,000 for the delay but which did not cover the fact that I had to shell out extra for a hotel room in Tanjung Batu since the connecting boat to Derawan was missed. The flight as such was ok but the next time would prefer to fly Sriwijaya or Garuda despite paying a slight premium.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER / ATR 72-500