Lion Air

"worst airline I've ever tried"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Denpasar to Ngurah rai via Bandung. The worst airline I've ever tried. Please anybody if you were having business trip or very tight schedule please please don't use this airline. It is not even professional one. Why? This is based on my experience. Delaying for more than 7 hours, no informing from the management, too many reason explained by the management, waiting for luggage like forever. Very terrible.
RouteDenpasar to Ngurah rai via Bandung
Date FlownNovember 2017

"not book a fight with you ever again"

Verified Review | Jakarta to Bali. Despite the dire reviews, my wife and booked flights from Jakarta to Bali with this airline. Flight departure time was supposedly 5.55pm. At 5.25pm, the posted boarding time, nothing happened. Passengers shuffled their feet hopefully, then at 5.40 an announcement came. Due to ‘operational reasons’ the flight would be delayed by 2 hours! So we went back through security and got something to eat. Then 1.5 hours later, we negotiated security again and arrived at the gate - and there was a further 1 hour delay. But the man behind the desk couldn’t even guarantee that and so we left and caught a taxi back home, weekend ruined. Thanks you Lion Air, we shall not book a fight with you ever again. I knew this review will make no real difference to the shoddy way they treat their passengers, but if just one person decides not to book with them and instead goes with Garuda (like we should have done) then my job here is done.
RouteJakarta to Bali
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Take-off was smooth"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | JT683 Lion Air morning flight from Surabaya to Palangkarya. Departed on time. The flight was not full, so all passengers were in the plane 15 minutes before departure. Take-off was smooth and the flight landed in Palangkaraya exactly at 7.50 am but landing was rough.
RouteSurabaya to Palangkarya

"extremely uncomfortable"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | It is expected that Lion Air JT 955 (Lombok to Bali) would be late departure as most Lion Air flights are after midday. The two hour delay "for operational reasons" was expected however with no notification of the delay until you reach the airport always makes things frustrating. The biscuits and water for the children helped pass the time. However, when boarding, we all felt claustrophobic and short of breath. There seemed to be no air conditioning and the temperature in the airplane had each of us sweating profusely with most travellers only getting relief from using safety cards to fan themselves. Towards the end of the short flight it did really seem that we were cooking in the aircraft. Relief was only felt when getting outside the back door to get some fresh cool air. While I understand Lion Air is usually late other than if you catch an early morning flight, the travel conditions on this particular flight was extremely uncomfortable and unnerving for the family.
RouteLombok to Bali
Date FlownOctober 2017

"not book Lion Air ever again"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Denpasar. I will not book Lion Air ever again. They just emailed us that our flight is moved to an earlier flight but we cannot make it because we live far from the airport. When we called after a gazillion times - they asked us to pay additional charges if we want to move our flight. That is totally wrong because they just informed us hours before our flight and they are the ones who moved our flight first not us. We ware unable to contact them even if we called, emailed, facebook messaged, instagram messaged, chat and all. Their service is very poor and they do'nt accomodate their passengers at all. We also asked for the advisory during the Mount Agung eruption but they did not advice and they only told us that there are no threats at all even if other airlines already allowed flight change. Never ever book in this airlines if you want a convenient flight. They are unreasonable, rude and only wants your money.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownOctober 2017

"not pleased with the airline"

Verified Review | Singapore to Jakarta. Obviously this 5 years old aircraft has seen a better days. First step into this aircraft, the cabin smells. Sit at 34A, but someone sat there before I get there, approached the Crew member, he is happy to switch another back window row for me and also alert the passenger that sat at my seat. Crew service on this flight is good, smile and pleasant. But the aircraft should retired. The seat is dirty and hard. The front pocket is wrecked and the tray table sticker should be removed ages ago! The seat pitch is very tight, my leg was uncomfortable when touching the back of the front seat, I'm just 5ft8. No IFE or inflight magazine. No meal served, although they have cart service, just a choice of two, a bottle of over charged water and a red bean paste bun. Flight was delay for 15 min. No information about the delay, mid flight and before landing information form pilot. Flying blind mainly. Rough touch down, aircraft part at remote bay and pax transfer to terminal by over crowded bus. No proper sequence for the disembarked hence everyone rushing to get a better seat or stand on the shuttle bus. Overall, not pleased with the airline. I didn't want to use the aircraft lavatory, because before I even open the door, I can smell the strong fragrance of urine behind the close door and when I open it after, the floor and the toilet was wet n sticky.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownOctober 2017

"cheap but not worth it"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Lion Air is the worst airline in Indonesia. I've had this flight from Jambi to Jakarta (JT 607) delayed over 3 hours in which cancelled all my activities. The flight is scheduled for 6 a.m however until 9 a.m there is no reasonable explanation when the flight will be departed. The only reason is the flight is postponed due to the bad weather. However, at the same time, several airlines has departed with the same weather condition. My advice for this airline - avoid it, the ticket was cheap but it is not worth it.
RouteJambi to Jakarta

"Bad communication service"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Denpasar. Due to take off 7 pm. Delay information at 6.30pm. No more info. Reason not clear. Got refreshment at 9.35pm. Read from TV monitor stated delayed 22.10. A very bad expererience. Bad communication service. Really disappointed.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownJune 2017

"very bad airline and service"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Singapore to Jakarta. I was supposed to board on 20.40 pm and got delayed until 00.50. I'm writing this while waiting and still hasn't boarded. A very bad airline and service. No one told me if it got delayed I have to asked the information desk each time it got delayed, again and again and again. There is no compensation given as well nor any apology said from the airline. I don't recommend ever taking this aircraft.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"this was the lowest price"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jambi to Jakarta. Lion Air is infamous for delays. I took this flight because this was the lowest price and the most suitable schedule. The flight was okay, surprisingly no delay, but the FA was not hospitable. no IFE or inflight meal for purchase, maybe because it was just a short flight.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER