Best Cabin Crew

LIAT

"may never see luggage again"

Warning - if you plan to take LIAT only bring a carry-on or you may never see your luggage again. I flew with LIAT from St. Vincent to Barbados where I had my layover to Toronto with WestJet on December 28th 2015. When I arrived in Barbados I was informally informed that my luggage had never made it onto the plane, but it was confirmed to me that it would be on the next LIAT plane to Barbados where it would be loaded onto WestJet. January 17th 2016, almost a month later, it is officially lost. LIAT apparently sent it to Barbados but had not written any paperwork to track it. I have my travel agent trying to track it done but I have heard nothing about it. No compensation from LIAT offered. I just want my stuff back. It's been an exhausting few weeks of trying to chase this airline that shows no apparent care for their responsibility. Would not recommend them.
RouteSVD to BGO
Date FlownDecember 2015

"be warned of this airline"

Our LIAT Barbados to Grenada flight on 3 January 2016 was to leave at 12.30 and arrive less than an hour later. First it was announced as 'on time'. Then we were told that there will be a delay and another announcement was to follow in 30 minutes. The waiting hall then changed. The new ground staff told me that the plane would come from St Vincent and had not even left Kingstown airport. Another announcement would be made in 45 minutes. Luckily I did not trust this information, it seemed to be made up. After 20 minutes boarding began. Nobody was able to tell passengers, whether their suitcases were on board, which is either a sign of ignorance or the lack of any reliable computer system (which is worrying these days). Half way to Grenada, stewardesses told us that the crew was tired; it had come to the limits of their statutory flight time, and therefore the flight had to be diverted to Port of Spain, Trinidad (and this was not know to the crew before departure?). Almost all passengers wanted to go to Grenada. Why not change the crew in Barbados or Port of Spain and use the same plane? It turned out that we had to find places on other flights, and there was no seat on any by LIAT. No arrangement existed with Caribbean Airlines, but we were placed on their flight after 9 pm. No LIAT agent took care of us. First everybody said something different, then it was left to a young lady - lowest in the hierarchy - to solve this, and she tried hard. It was not her fault. The flight took from 12.30 to 22.00, and all LIAT provided was a food voucher of $US8 - paying just for a succulent burger. Be warned of this airline. I would say: never again. but the problem is that there is often no alternative. LIAT gets funding from island governments and has no competition. Only the latter will bring changes.
RouteBGI to GND
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"waiting to be reunited with luggage"

There were three couples travelling between Sandals resorts in St Lucia and Antigua on the 07.50 Liat flight, this was a one hour hop between islands. On arriving at St Lucia airport, we found the check in queue was very very slow moving. Once we checked in it was announced at the flight was delayed by an hour this finally ended up 1.25 hours late. On reaching Antigua we were all waiting for our luggage and strangely each couple only received one piece of luggage and each of us had one piece missing, what are the odds on that happening, I say a million to one. The guy from the baggage handling company appeared at the luggage belt and informed us that there was no more luggage coming in and that the missing luggage had been left at St Lucia because there wasn't enough luggage space in the hold. We were all promised that our luggage would be on the next flight and at our hotel by 18.00 that day. This never happened and at this time we are still waiting to be reunited with our luggage. It seems that Liat are picking on the Tourist customer and systematically holding back one piece of luggage from each couple it is very strange that not one of the local customers had any luggage missing.
RouteUVF to ANU

"LIAT never again"

We scheduled a 4-day vacation on the island of St Kitts in January 2016 and boarded LIAT Airlines flight LI310 from St Lucia to Antigua early on 2 January 2016 to connect to a flight to St Kits (LI312) 3 hours later on the same day. After arriving in Antigua, LIAT announced that this onward flight had been delayed but further information would be provided. However, all reference to this flight soon disappeared from the display boards at the Antigua International Airport and the few LIAT agents that sporadically appeared in the public areas were unable or unwilling to provide any information, curtly brushing us off with unhelpful and cynical responses. Finally, late that afternoon LIAT finally announced cancellation of flight LI312 and transported us to the Royal Antiguan Resort, a decaying hotel near the city of St John. After waiting there for most of the following day without any information whatsoever we realized we were unlikely to reach St Kitts with enough time to enjoy our brief time there. We abandoned our vacation, cut our losses and requested a flight back to our starting point. Next day, Monday 4 January, LIAT flew us back to St Lucia. Sorry St Kitts, LIAT made sure you did not get our business! As for LIAT as a means of getting around the Caribbean - never again.
AircraftATR 42 / Dash 8
RouteUVF to SKB via ANU
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"LIAT don't even try any more"

(Barbados)

We need competition! LIAT don't even try any more. Last month I had a 26hr delay (they took us to hotel and woke us at 5am) and then that flight was also delayed. Now They just cancelled my St Maarten flight and 6 hours I have to wait to go through St Kitts and get there after 8:30pm not 2pm. What I hate is that no one is to blame. Operational issues is all they say, and then the manger confessed "I don't know why they cancelled flight, no one tells me anything".
RouteBarbados to St Maarten
Date FlownNovember 2015

"utter madness with this airline"

(Trinidad & Tobago)

My family decided to take a mini vacation to the beautiful island of St Vincent for 4 days from 12th to 15th November 2015. The flight to get to St Vincent was without incident but when it was time to return home to Port of Spain our real troubles began. On the 15th November our flight was scheduled for 6:55 pm, we checked out our hotel at 12 noon, bummed around until 4pm then made it to the airport. On arrival to the SVG airport we were then told our flight was cancelled totally until the 16th at the same time 6:55pm. I had my 84 year old grandmother traveling with me as well and this was already too much for her. We were put up in another resort close to the airport for the night until 12 noon on the 16th. We again left for the airport at 2pm on the 16th. We arrived here to be told, we are on a flight to Barbados at 4:30pm which has a layover of 3 hrs and we will finally reach Trinidad at 10:25pm. I am now seated at the SVG airport - it is 4:30pm on the 16th Nov and we were just told the flight to Barbados is delayed for 1 hour. Home seems like a figment of my imagination at this point! This is utter madness with this airline. There is no flight board, no reps to give you any updated information and no recourse offered to hungry, tired and frustrated passengers! I will never fly with LIAT again and I will certainly never do this to put my 60yr old parents and my 84 yr old grandmother through this torture.
RouteSVG to POS
Date FlownNovember 2015

"found out accidentally"

I made a reservation with LIAT for January 2016 to fly from San Juan to Dominica. This was a direct flight The reservation was made in June 2015. Without telling me the flight was changed to an overnight flight via Antigua. I had called to check flight times and found out accidentally. I was offered a flight the next day that had 4 stops and took 8 hours. When I tried to cancel all I was offered was a credit!
RouteSan Juan to Dominica
Date FlownOctober 2015

"LIAT is a rip off"

(Georgia)

I arrived in Port of Spain from Miami to get the LIAT flight to St Vincent. Got there, and no one from LIAT was to be found. By the time I got someone, I already missed the flight, they charged me more for a ticket for the same day than I originally paid. LIAT is a rip off for international clients, its a way of them making money. I wish St Vincent had another airlines that clients can use.
RoutePOS to SVD
Date FlownOctober 2015

LIAT customer review

Check in was orderly for the 0945 Sunday flight to Trinidad's Port of Spain with boarding commencing on time. We took off punctually and crew were polite and friendly handing out boarding cards. There was no drinks service on this flight. Landing on time and disembarkation prompt, we made it into the terminal building in time. A pleasant uneventful experience.
RouteSt Vincent to Port of Spain
Date FlownAugust 2015

LIAT customer review

My experience with this Airline in Puerto Rico was awful. I had a fly from Boston to San Kitts. When I got to San Juan, I found a note that said the the fly to Saint Kitts was cancelled due to the storm. I looked for LIAT staff and I was unable to find one. I tried calling all the numbers listed on the note. I showed up at the airport yesterday at 4:40 AM trying to get to the next available flight. When I got there they told me it was not guaranteed that I was going to fly to St. Kitts. I was left in San Juan for 3 days. There was a flight to leave after 7 hours they boarded everyone but me and my 10 year old daughter. They gave every passenger a voucher for breakfast but us, yelling at me saying that I did not qualify for the voucher. Staff told me that there was a flight to Antigua the next day but she could only accommodate one of us. My daughter is 10 years old. The next flight was on the first. Another passenger offer to give his sit and she refused. How do you recuperate from this?
RouteSan Juan to St. Kitts