Level

"tickets were in fact suspended"

Trip Verified | I was amazed by the prices - $280 round trip from Boston to Barcelona. However they have managed to charge me multiple times, and I will never fly with them again. First - I booked my flights on Level.com in January. I received confirmation, saw the appropriate charges on my credit card, no problem. Then four days later, a mysterious charge appeared on my card for $291 USD from Iberia with no associated ticket number. I called them, but they had no record of charging me this money and suggested I call my bank to have the charge reversed. I called my bank and they were able to get me the money back in a few weeks. Good thing I checked my statement carefully, but this is unacceptable. The day before departure, I decided to add a checked bag for $44 USD online. Got an email from LEVEL confirming that I had paid the baggage fee, and brought a copy of this email to the Boston airport. When I arrived, I was told that LEVEL could not honor this because the confirmation email that I had received didn't include a record number or barcode. They made me pay again, $55 this time, to check my bag. They told me they could not reimburse my original paid fee, and that I would need to speak with the Iberia agents in Barcelona. I tried to do that once I arrived, and they directed me to call LEVEL customer service and get it sorted out. I decided to wait until I returned from my vacation to get my money back. I went to check in online for my return flight to Boston, after receiving the standard 'time to check in' email. Except my booking said I couldn't check in online. Okay, whatever, I go to the airport and check in. When I arrive, I'm told that my ticket was suspended because I never paid for it! I pull up all of my confirmation emails, the check-in email, the listing on 'My Bookings' on the LEVEL website, and even my credit card statements. All of this this clearly demonstrates that I have booked and paid for this flight months ago, and was never told that there was any issue with my payment or anything. If I want to go home, I'll need to pay for this ticket again, at the same $140 (one-way) price plus a $25 fee for booking it at the airport. I am livid about this but I needed to get home, so I bite the bullet and pay for the same ticket again. As soon as I arrive back in Boston I get on the phone with them to get my money back. I am told that I need to call my bank and get the charge in January for the original ticket cancelled. This seems incredibly sketchy to me - why can't they refund me directly, given that they have plenty of documentation that I had paid for the original ticket?! They provide me with some documentation that the tickets were in fact suspended. So I call my bank. My bank is also shocked that Iberia is refusing to refund me directly, since there's no real dispute here - they charged my card, they issued me a confirmation, and then they didn't honor my ticket. However, thankfully they are able to open a dispute and I am hoping that with their help I'll be able to get my money back. I will avoid them like the plague from now on.
RouteBarcelona to Boston
Date FlownMay 2018

"exhausting and frustrating process"

Trip Verified | I have encountered multiple problems with Level's customer service. Their processing payment system is extremely delayed. I received no confirmation that a flight was booked until a transaction showed up on my credit card several days later. Save yourself the misery of being passed around by their customer service and the multiple calls you will have to make to hopefully get a refund. Excuses consist of “system isn’t working", " the supervisor is only here from 6am-3pm, "the supervisor is only here from 8am-3pm". I was sporadically hung up on. When I asked to review them. I was not given a website. I was told its too late for a refund. Even though I called in the 24 hour period. I booked a flight on 9/8 from EWR to Paris return. Two separate one way tickets for my boyfriend and I. Great deal $306 for both tickets per person. I did not receive a confirmation form my flight from EWR - ORY. I called Level for help. Their staff is all Spanish speaking. No one can quickly and concisely help you if you are speaking English. On 4/8/18 I called Iberia for help. A man instructed me that the purchase did not go through and to re purchase the ticket. I called my bank and confirmed that the purchase did not go through. I re purchased again. The man insured I would be reimbursed if the charge appeared on my account later. I repurchased the ticket through the man with Iberia. I Still did not receive confirmation that this ticket was purchased until 2 days later. If you use their website to confirm the booking - good luck by my tickets never showed up under “my booking”. This time two transactions showed up on my card 2 days later. April 13th two more charges appeared. I decided to cancel the flights on April 8th in the 24 hour period. I canceled because of the additional time and cost it would take to get from home city to EWR. This cancelation was made less than 12 hours form the original purchase. I called on 4/8/18. The man could only see one of the tickets purchased. He was supposed to cancel the flight with the purchase that went though. He said refund would be made in anywhere from 5-30 days? 5 - 30 days?! They should know when a refund will be made! It is APRIL 20th and I am still yet to receive a refund for the ticket from PARIS- EWR. For $314 dollars. I called on 4/18/18. Agent was able to help me get a refund for the $148 that appeared on my bank statement on April 13th. I received and email with the refund receipt that same day I called April 18th. However the refund was for the incorrect amount. I then received a random $97 from Iberia. The refund receipt has no details or information on it. So I do not know where this $97 dollars is coming from! I am awaiting a call from the supervisor to find out why I have not received this refund. I have never called probably 10 times. This is the most exhausting and frustrating process I have ever went though with a company.
RouteParis to Newark
Date FlownApril 2018

"I will recommend the airline"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Los Angeles. I was very impressed with Level. We flew to Barcelona on Norwegian and returned on Level. I think that they really got things right with Level. The flight was on-time. The cabin crew was friendly, elegantly dressed and service was excellent. As the result of a recent fall I have a fractured disk and the gate agent went out of his way to find a seat with more legroom and did not charge me although I would have been happy to pay for the upgrade. We did not order the meal service because the a la carte menu was excellent and fairly priced. In-flight entertainment was very good as well. The only negative I can think of for this flight was that the one hour of wifi that I ordered went down after 15 minutes so I will try to get a refund. Baggage handling was excellent. I will fly Level again next year as we hope to go back to Spain to visit family and I will recommend the airline to our friends and family in that country.
RouteBarcelona to Los Angeles