LATAM Airlines

"their app didn't update"

Trip Verified | Florianopolis to Rio de Janiero via Sao Paulo. This was my third and fourth flight with Latam in Brazil, I was late for my first flight to Sao Paulo, because their app didn't update the time change of the flight, to be fair they did send me an email, a couple of weeks before, I missed the flight but they changed the flight with no charge, which was really good customer service because the fault was with both of us. Both planes look old inside, also both times the headphone ports did not work. On my flight there was an option for wifi connectivity I downloaded the app but it didn't work.
AircraftA320 / 319
RouteFlorianopolis to Rio de Janiero via Sao Paulo
Date FlownMay 2018

"inside the plane looks dated"

Trip Verified | Iguazu Falls to Florianoplois via Sao Paulo. At the airport, the staff were lovely but their check-in machine did not work, it's better to line up. The first flight was lackluster, the plane from the outside looks sharp but inside the plane looks dated, on both flights the headphone ports did not work, so no in-flight entertainment. LATAM Airlines was the most expensive airline in Brazil for the flights I wanted and there was no food, they did hand out water, it wouldn't be so bad if their competitors did the same. On the second flight, we got on the bus (everything was smooth) but the bus stopped next to a TAM airplane which caused a little confusion. Again no headphone port working. Wouldn't pick LATAM in Brazil again there are better options available.
AircraftA320 / A321
RouteIguazu Falls to Florianoplois via Sao Paulo

"We weren’t disappointed"

(Uruguay)

Not Verified | Having heard good things about LATAM, we decided to pay some extra money and choose LATAM over other budget airlines which flew the exact route. We weren’t disappointed! Boarding was carried out in a very organized way, and the flight had no issues at all, which guaranteed us a complete good experience. The staff were friendly with all the passengers, and were very clear when indicating instructions. The food and drinks service was better than what you would expect at a 2.40 hours-long flight, and you could repeat your drinks if you wished. Even when we had to wait to exit the plane due to the Terminal in Santiago being crowded, the crew did an excellent job on keeping the passengers in their seats and calm.
RouteMontevideo to Santiago de Chile
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Cabin is old design"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | London to Sao Paulo. Complete Disaster from huge problem to check-in online. Latam is reviewing their reservation system since February 2018 and they can not make it work! Check-in at the Airport was a disaster, boarding the same with all people trying to get at the same time into the aircraft. Cabin is old design. My IFE didn’t work at all. Flight Attendant told me how unhappy they are since Latam Chile took over the Brazilian TAM.
RouteLondon to Sao Paulo
Date FlownMay 2018

"certainly use them again"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Buenos Aires via Santiago. Checkin line was quite long and slow. However, the check-in agent was exceptional, well beyond what was expected. I was one of the last to board as l used the services of an airline lounge (Marhaba) which was well worth the entrance fee of $65. The economy cabin was totally full. Although this is low season l was surprised to see a full cabin. Cabin crew were quite attentive and smart in their blue uniforms . The aircraft cabin look very new and clean. To be expected for a relatively new B787. IFE was more than adequate with a very good mix of new release and other favourite shows, television and music options. Dinner and drinks were served soon after take off. Options were available and l chose the chicken which was a very good choice. Tasty indeed. The one issue l had with the cabin service was the time it took to clear our meal trays. I should point out one it is one of my biggest peeves and it becomes annoying when crew walk down the aisle noticing most pax have finished their meals yet seem to take their time clearing them. LATAM please take note! This is quite a long flight clocking in at 13.5 hours to SCL. I managed to get some sleep and wasn't too bothered missing out on breakfast. Landing was on time. I had a 3.5 layover for my connection to EZE. The connecting flight was smooth, on time and with a 00:55 departure, all l wanted was sleep. The cabin was more than half empty so it was very comfortable to spread out and rest. This was my first time with Latam and l will certainly use them again for flights to Latin America.
RouteMelbourne to Buenos Aires via Santiago
Date FlownMay 2018

"Disaster at Buenos Aires"

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to Lima. Disaster at Buenos Aires. To make a long story short, LATAM kept delaying my flight ( and many others) without any explanation or apology.Ultimately had to call their help centre 6 times to get a new flight to Lima 14 hours after my original departure time and had to be very persistent and aggressive about it. Only when I finally managed to talk to a Latam supervisor did I find out that my new flight, which, 1 hour before departure time, despite assurances from LATAM help centre and airport information line, actually did not exist. It was at a totally different time with a different flight number. No wonder the gate # never showed up on the airport monitors nor on Latam's website. Had to very forcefully drag info out of them. They behaved as if they were clueless.
RouteBuenos Aires to Lima

"A reliable service"

Trip Verified | Puerto Maldonado to Lima. Flew a couple of internal flights LIM-JUL and PEM-LIM whilst on holiday in Peru. Both flights were full. Checking-in etc went smoothly and so did the boarding. LIM-JUL flight was on time, though flight time given will include the sitting and waiting on the tarmac at Lima airport. There was a an on-board trolley service to purchase food and drink on each flight - we didn't use it. FAs friendly, though don't expect much info in English:). For short flights it was comfortable enough, though no IFE system on either flight. Seating etc is what you can expect from such as aircraft, three in a row either side and I would say had adequate leg room. No issues with luggage, in fact quite a speedy delivery both times. Got us to our destinations safely and with friendliness. A reliable service in our experience.
RoutePuerto Maldonado to Lima

"Worst experience ever"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to Cordoba. Worst experience ever, actually was unable to take the flight since the airline disclosed a gate for the flight and ended up departing from a different one. Airline staff even advised to go to the gate shown on the airport screens even though no one was there and we were really close to departure. Costumer support staff on social media advised to contact their call centre for an alternative flight after I ended up missing it, their CSR hung up on me and they did not even offer a hotel to spend the night since next flight departed 14 hours later. On the way to Buenos Aires I flew on the oldest plane I have ever flown, they are not joking when they say this airline's planes have a median age of almost 40 years!
RouteBuenos Aires to Cordoba
Date FlownMarch 2018

"I highly recommend "

Trip Verified | I have flown with Latam before and was completely satisfied, but this time the excellence of their customer service especially impressed me. I was en route to Lima for a flight to Buenos Aiires. The traffic in Lima was an absolute nightmare and there was a serious risk I would miss my flight. I called Latam's helpline who did a stellar job: he checked me in and e mailed me a boarding pass (something which Aeromexico previously refused to do). I highly recommend Latam.
RouteLima to Buenos Aires

"Tried to buy luggage"

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Curitiba. Bought from UAE domestic ticket with their partner OneTravel. Tried to buy luggage together it says have to contact airline. Unable to find well specified on their website how to purchase it in advance. One day before the flight when go do check in online try to purchase 23 kg one luggage very hard to find. When put in google “buy luggage Latam” comes to webpage to purchase the first 23 kg for 40 US dollars instead of 40 BLR reais as its written in another page. Have to call my sister in Brazil, ask her to call a Latam agency and ask what is going on. They dont help at beginning until she insist and they send her the link to purchase it with the correct price. Me and my fiance who was coming to Brazil for the first time were very dissaponted with this airline as we feel, they are trying to take advantage of the foreigners who dont know their actual prices.
RouteSao Paulo to Curitiba