LATAM Airlines

"I would never recommend it"

(Chile)

Trip Verified | Flight from Santiago to Frankfurt with connection in Sao Paulo. Airplane arrived to Santiago with 1 hour delay, once boarded aircraft maintenance was required which delayed the flight an additional hour. During the flight the attendants made no mention about passengers who would loose their connections (30-40 people). The aircraft was old the tvs would not work and the meal was bland and untastefull (sandwich with margarine and cheese). Once landed in Sao Paulo two incredibly ignorant, arrogant and unhelpfull staff began trying to explain and solve the connection problems, using their cellphones to contact their superiors. Even though they had knowledge from 6 hours ago that the flight was delayed they hadn't prepared any solution for any passenger, trying to resolve our connection issues when he had just landed. We ended up loosing the flight to Frankfurt and they informed us we would have to wait for the next flight which was in 24 hours, upon pressing and complaining more they gave us tickets for a flight to Barcelona and then to Berlin which would save us around 7 hours. They gave us vouchers for transportation and a hotel that was 40 kms away from the airport. The hotel was mediocre and in an industrial neighborhood. In short we have lost 24 hours due to LATAM'S innoperance. Their staff is incredibly ignorant and disrespectfull and it is clear that this is the way this company operates. Last time we are ever flying with LATAM and I would never recommend it to anyone.
RouteSantiago to Frankfurt via Sao Paulo
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"unhelpful and substandard airline"

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Frankfurt. A terribly disorganized, unhelpful and substandard airline from start to finish. I experienced many issues with this airline, some of which are below. Old and tired looking aircraft on both legs. On return journey our flight was changed last minute while awaiting boarding due to a technical fault that resulted in a missed connection and delay of over five hours. No information was provided at all either en route or upon landing for connecting passengers. Finally spoke to an incredibly rude representative at the LATAM desk in Hall C (Frankfurt airport) who informed us that we were re-booked onto two flights to reach our destination (Dublin) despite there being availability on a direct flight later that evening with BA/Aer Lingus operated. We were told LATAM doesn't have an agreement with these airlines and LATAM refused to transfer us to that available flight. We were then given an 8€ voucher for meals and refreshments - when we spoke to the manager she said this was the maximum refreshments voucher value they would provide. A coffee and piece of cake in Starbucks cost about basically much...Eventually arrived back in Dublin via Frankfurt and Amsterdam 5hr 15mins later than intended which very much affected our previously arranged plans. Other LATAM highlights include small, bland meals, no spirits (vodka, gin etc) available, impolite and/or uninformed staff and a total lack of empathy or help even when their airline is completely in the wrong. Will never fly with LATAM again (either internationally or domestically - GOL Aer Linheas were far superior) and would strongly urge other regular flyers to avoid this airline at all costs.
RouteSao Paulo to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"could not accept me for travel"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I recently had the misfortune of travelling on LATAM from South Africa to Brazil, a route I fly often but my first time on LATAM. I have five specific complaints, number 5 is the best! 1) My bag did not make the connection from CPT to GRU in JNB. I waited more than 4 days for the bag to be delivered after it was actually left at GRU airport after it arrived in GRU after the next flight I was on with no action by the airline. There was no immediate compensation or assistance, told to mail their call center and I will receive USD 25 in my bank account within 2 weeks? Not sure how that helps. 2) Food portions on board, strange hot meal only concept with no bread, salad, desert etc. 11 hour flight and everybody hungry. Breakfast a single slice of bread and a yogurt on a long haul flight? Cost cutting mixed with a consultant that never spoke to customers managing catering? 3) Crew and Call Center staff do not speak English, I can understand if there is only basic English but no English is a concern in a safety situation. 4) Delay on the return flight of 2.5 hours, delays happen which is fine but it is obvious that the JNB route is treated as a route that is left for a last resort maintenance aircraft, checking flight radar the flight was delayed on all days I could check. 5) My biggest issue! On my return trip I would miss my connection in JNB to CPT due to the delay, no issue as I would be rebooked on the next flight, my original connection was on Comair, I was then moved to SAA. When I asked for my boarding pass for my connecting flight I was told I would receive it in JNB. On arrival in JNB SAA said I had no booking at the check in counter, I was referred to ticketing. At ticketing I was told that LATAM had used my JNB-CPT coupon for the GRU-JNB segment and they could not accept me for travel. I was referred to the LATAM office managed by Menzies. Menzies informed me that they could not help and that I must wait for LATAM staff to complete the departure of the outbound flight, needless to say 6 hours later I was in CPT! LATAM would you care to respond to me on my experience as your twitter customer line and your office in South Africa is not interested in doing so. Please tell me why I should choose your service again on a route I fly 6 times a year?
RouteCape Town to Sao Paulo via Johannesburg

"I had a bad trip"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | Santiago to Melbourne. First of all, once we boarded and were seated the captain said that due to inconvenience with the aircraft we would have to wait for 30 minutes, this meant that everyone should get off the plane. That 30 min delay turned out in a 6 hour delay. Once in the plane they gave us a menu so as to choose the food we wanted to eat, but as if they were joking us, they later said that they did not have that food because they confused when loading it in the aircraft. After the 14 hour flight to Melbourne and arriving almost at midnight, I received my baggage broken. Customer service people at Melbourne airport were super kind. However, when going to the place where they told me my luggage was going to be replaced, the guy at the shop told me they no longer worked for LATAM because of the amount of broken baggage. I had a bad trip, but I am really disappointed with the workers at LATAM, they are uninformed and treat its clients in a disrespectful manner.
RouteSantiago to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Worst economy class seat"

(Chile)

Trip Verified | Santiago to Sao Paulo. Could not check in on line because of a lack of the web site system. Call center arrogant lady, it is useless asking to speak to another attendant because they cut the call out. B777 aircraft very old and with torn seats. IFE broken. Boarding chaotic since the signs for rows/seats and priority boarding are small and only in Spanish. Food unedible. Worst economy class seat I have experienced. High density rows 3-4-3 in economy. Staff rude and arrogant!
RouteSantiago to Sao Paulo
Date FlownMay 2018

"flight was cancelled"

Not Verified | Sydney to Santiago via Lima. The flight from Sydney to Chile was fantastic but the flight from Lima to Santiago Chile was a disgrace. Our flight was cancelled but we were not told and the flight we took was very late and we were not given business seats which we paid for. The worst experience was trying to obtain proper compensation which was not adequate and the many emails and phone calls to Latam to obtain payment.
RouteSydney to Santiago via Lima
Date FlownApril 2018

"canceled at the check in"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Sao Paulo. Our flight for the entire family was canceled at the check in, as supposedly overbooked, a catastrophe for us. As compensation we were offered 2400 €. Eight months later, despite repeated pledges, the money has still not been transferred, and now it's what happened to all of Brazil's passengers, namely, that this company is simply cheating. DE: Unser Flug für die gesamte Familie wurde am Check in storniert , da angeblich überbucht, für uns eine Katastrophe. Als Entschädigung wurden uns 2400 € angeboten. Acht Monate später wurde das Geld trotz mehrfacher Zusagen immer noch nicht überwiesen und jetzt ist genau das passiert, was uns die ganzen brasilianischen Fluggäste vorher gesagt haben: nämlich dass diese Gesellschaft schlicht und einfach betrügt.
RouteFrankfurt to Sao Paulo
Date FlownMarch 2018

"problem after problem"

Trip Verified | La Paz to Santiago. We flew as a family for a holiday in Peru. The few short flights we had with LATAM were riddled with problem after problem. We missed our first day of our trip, because LATAM sold our prepaid tickets, so we had to wait 6 hours at the airport, to get another flight. We were unable to check in 48 hrs prior, as there was no wifi. On another flight, our bags were lost for 2 days. They had inflexible seating arrangements, resulting in splitting our small group up. We will never travel with LATAM again and highly recommend using alternate airlines.
RouteLa Paz to Santiago

"Flight attendants efficient"

Trip Verified | Superb afternoon/evening flight from Easter Island to Santiago, Chile. Flight on schedule. Boarding by stairs after walking across from apron from the terminal building. Pillow, blanket and headset at every seat which also had footrest. A limited in-flight entertainment program available on the screens on the back of every seat. Available in English and Spanish. Flight attendants efficient, amiable and attentive and fluently bilingual. Choice of 3 meals - chicken, salmon and vegetarian sandwiches. Complimentary beverages including Chilean wines and beers. Adequate leg space at seat; lavatories were clean; announcements were audible. A well-executed operation.
RouteEaster Island to Santiago

"Two luggages were lost"

(Paraguay)

Trip Verified | Asuncion to New York via Sao Paulo. Worst customer service ever. Two luggages were lost. The airline never called us to update the status. Upon calling several times just to find out he company had no idea of the location of the lugagges. They offered to pay 25 USS/day. Had to go back to the airport to pick the money. Never use this airline.
RouteAsuncion to New York via Sao Paulo