Vote Now

LATAM Airlines

"Service was extremely attentive"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Santiago to Buenos Aires. A truly nice experience from beginning to end. LATAM priority boarding area and Lounge made pre-boarding extremely simple, fast and pleasant. Boarding happened smoothly, the 2-2-2 layout of LATAM Premium Business is not ideal as you might (if you are on a window seat as I was) be forced to climb over the passanger next to you to go to the toilet. Still seats very wide and comfortable; the flight was only 2 hours long, but pillows and duvet were distributed for those wanting to take a nap and the seat seemed comfortable enough to get a decent sleep. Service was extremely attentive - even for such a short flight - and included a full breakfast on white tablecloth and china; overall the crew was very nice and friendly, always called by name each of the passangers and walked that extra-mile that makes a flight really enjoyable these days. It was my first flight in LATAM Business product and I am sure that if there is the chance I will use them again, against other carriers (like BA).
RouteSantiago to Buenos Aires

"Good trip overall"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Santiago. First time flying LATAM and first time on a Boeing 787. Check-in was done in Portland OR through Alaska Airlines with boarding passes and baggage all the way to Santiago. Was able to go on the airside of LAX from Alaska (terminal 6) to Tom Bradley International without going through security again. Boarding was very easy, bus to plane. Seats in economy were 31" pitch- tight for an 11 hour flight. Plane was clean and seat and entertainment systems all worked well. Once we took off, in early afternoon, full meal was served with good Chilean red wine. Flight attendants were helpful, efficient and available. Rest of flight was uneventful and landed on time in Santiago. Baggage arrived timely and without incident. Good trip overall.
RouteLos Angeles to Santiago
Date FlownMarch 2017

"not as good as it should be"

(Argentina)

Verified Review | Flew LATAM Airlines from Miami to Santiago. Service in Miami was pleasant but not as good as it should be. Most spoke Portuguese quite well but English was limited in some of the personnel. LATAM had modified my flights but had failed to correct my entire reservation. Took me over 20 minutes of one on one with personnel to get it straight. I would say they are a bit unorganized in the terminal. It is Miami but still the work provided should be better.
RouteMiami to Santiago
Date FlownApril 2017

"standard of service has dropped"

Verified Review | Buenos Aires to Sydney via Santiago. Over the past 9 years my I have flown with Lan airlines more that 16 times around South America and from Australia to South America. This, however was our first trip with them as LATAM. Never again! Lan and Tam as separate companies were always amazing once you got on the flight. The service outside of that, was never that good. However, now it is impossible to deal with them. Also, the standard of the inflight service has dropped dramatically. Both airlines used to be something i would recommend and boast about to friends coming to visit me in South America. I will just list the problems we had with a return flight from Melbourne to Buenos Aires and then a return flight from Buenos Aires to Sao Paulo. The wrong flight departure times given for first leg of the flight (out buy 4 hours), tried to call customer service with wait times of over 45 minutes and then it would just disconnect. Called with a 2 hour wait time and the person on the other end giving the incorrect information. With language skills not proficient in Portuguese or English. Lost Luggage on two flights The seat we reserved 9 months in advanced was not valid as I have an Australian passport and can not be verified until i arrive for that flight. The check-in managers response was "we have this problem with every flight to Auckland and Sydney. We get so many complaints. The company have no interest in fixing this problem" Flight delayed for over an hour without updating anyone. When I asked if they could just make an announcement so all the people waiting knew what was happening they just looked at me as if I had asked them to fly me on their back to my destination. On a leg of the flight that was over 3 hours the only food was a sandwich labelled "vegi" with cream cheese and some unidentified vegetable (only an assumption that it was a vegetable). When asked for the sandwich we could see other people opposite us eating we were told we are sitting on the other side of the plan so we can't have that one. Took 4 weeks to process the purchase of a ticket with lanpass points, we sent an email saying because they had changed out departure time we could change are return time/date with no additional cost. tried processing online and was directed to call. Tried calling gave up after 1 hour. Went into a Latam office and was told the only way it can be processed is if we call Latam and directed us to the phone. Was then told after waiting only 40 minuets for someone to answer that we could we just need to pay a small fee. However, the person calculated it incorrectly so after 1 hour of talking and clarifying he realised he didn't know what he was doing and we couldn't change our ticket. Positives The wine is good I will NEVER fly with them again. I will use Aerolineas Argentinas before them and that is saying something. I believe now Latan feel like they can dominate the region and no longer have to impress their customers. Its such a shame. I was very much looking forward to this partnership but am so disappointed now. I will never fly with them again or any of the on world partners that may put me on on of the Latam flights.
RouteBuenos Aires to Sydney via Santiago

"lost a loyal customer"

Verified Review | Cuzco to Lima. I flew LATAM eight times over the month of March 2017 in Brazil, Chile (including Easter Island) and Peru. To my surprise, the price of my ticket from Cuzco to Lima (already higher competed to the local competition) was raised by 177USD because I was not a Peruvian resident. Tourists be aware of this policy that LATAM applies to non Peruvian residents! You will end paying much more than necessary. Tickets with other carriers for the same trip go for 60-70 USD! Before being fined I was overall happy for the services of LATAM, which now has a lost a loyal customer.
RouteCuzco to Lima
Date FlownMarch 2017

"attendants pleasant and attentive"

Verified Review | Sydney to Buenos Aires AEP via Santiago with LATAM. Booked ages ahead for a very good fare. Chose LATAM over Air New Zealand partly due to being able to fly into AEP instead of EZE. Proved to be a good move as it's heaps closer to the centre of the city. Outbound flight was delayed (my inside knowledge says it was nearly cancelled) but we eventually left about 3 hours late. With time made up enroute and a planned long connection time in SCL we arrived on time. Checkin was easy, flight attendants pleasant and attentive and the IFE was pretty good. Food is mediocre and after a few flight you see that it's a little repetitive. We sat towards the front on the 787 which was quiet. I'd avoid sitting in the centre near the toilets or in the rear - noisy due to toilets flushing or galley. Checkin at AEP was slow. Had tried to checkin online but their system is nonsensical. The checkin agent was fantastic and we ended up in the front row on both flights. Note that the first 4 rows of Y are space+ and have 2 inches more legroom. You usually pay, but this was waived due to our whinge about the online checkin. Flights back right on time. The AKL transit is a bit painfully long at 5am but whatever.
RouteSydney to Buenos Aires AEP via Santiago
Date FlownMarch 2017

"a low cost airline in terms of service"

(Colombia)

Verified Review | Flew from Medellín to San Andrés. LATAM has become a low cost airline in terms of service, for national flights they don't​ provide any food or drinks, even if you pay full price and the flight is almost two hours long at mid-day. The service has decreased from Aires to LAN, and now is better to take a low cost airline.
RouteMedellín to San Andrés

"exceeded our expectations"

Verified Review | We recently flew with Latam for our honeymoon from Melbourne to Argentina on 20 March 2017. We found the service to be excellent, food was delicious and the entertainment was great (all the latest shows and movies). This flight was a code link with Qantas Airlines. When we had a stopover in Chile, we missed our flight to Argentina (LA 445). We met with staff member at the LATAM service desk in Santiago who helped us track our luggage and arranged for us to get on the next flight (via standby on LA443), free of charge and no issues. In the end, we were only delayed by 1 hour. We couldn't have been happier with the result. It was amazing customer service which exceeded our expectations. We will be travelling with LATAM again and recommending.
RouteMelbourne to Argentina via Auckland, Chile
Date FlownMarch 2017

great service from LATAM"

(Argentina)

Verified Review | A great service from LATAM. All flights full, but easy checkin at the airports, organized boarding, plenty of storage space. The Boeing 787 flights have fantastic IFE systems, best movies, music etc for hours and hours of flying. Great in flight service, food good, drink selection good. Only drawback was seat pitch - cramped. Will continue to fly LATAM when their routes take me to my destinations.
AircraftBoeing 737 / B787
RouteAEP to MIA via SCL
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"service was normal, nothing outstanding"

Verified Review | Madrid tô São Paulo in business class with LATAM Airlines. Flight departure on time. I had already had dinner, so didn't have it on board. Seat was OK, fully 180°. Service was normal, nothing outstanding. Cabin configuration of this new A350-900 is only 2 classes, no first class, no Premium economy. Only 2 toilets in business class for 30 passengers. No wifi. Good onboard entertainment. Nobody asked me if I would like to have breakfast the next morning or not, so almost missed it. Landing also on time. Would fly again only if hey could issue the ticket with points/miles.
AircraftA350-900