Top 100 Airlines

La Compagnie

"my flight was cancelled"

Newark to Paris. I booked the flight back in June 2016, a couple of weeks later I received an email that my flight was cancelled for 2 September 2016 due to planned mechanical work for the plane and had to reschedule the flight. I had two connecting flights that I had to rebook to accommodate the change but I had to pay both airlines $200 each to rebook. I asked for help from La Compagnie but all they would say was they were sorry even though they are the ones to cancel the original flight 2 months out. To top matters, I had to return home early and changed days to return thru La Compagnie and they charged me $800 to change. I asked for some help with the $800 fee. I mentioned the cost of the original flight changes cost to me and again all I received was "I am sorry but nothing I can do".
RouteEWR to CDG
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"flight attendants were polite and friendly"

Just stepped off our return trip from Paris to Newark with La Compagnie. Overall, great experience both ways across the Atlantic. Both flights departed and arrived on time. Check in was a breeze at both airports and you can't beat the priority boarding. The lounge in Newark was better than the one in Paris. The Paris lounge was crowded with little selection on food and drinks. Once on board, the flight attendants were polite and friendly even with my crazy toddler. The food was okay and the Seats were comfy. The slight angle wasn't an issue for getting rest. For this price, this value can't be beat and I would definitely fly them again for pleasure or business. If you are worried about flight changes, I think the London route is more likely to get delayed or canceled. We met travelers in the lounge who were waiting for a flight to London since the day before.
RouteCDG to EWR
Date FlownJuly 2016

"a ton of legroom"

We heard about this new airline and decided to give it a try. The price seemed quite reasonable for what we were getting. This is an all business class airline. The price was not much more than flying economy on other airlines. We read the reviews and were aware of time changes and flight cancellations that have occurred in the past. This was not a business trip, so we were a bit flexible. We flew from Newark to London and then back a week later. Our flight out to London was delayed by about an hour, but we got plenty of notice and it did not affect it one bit. On the way home, our flight took off a couple of hours early, but again we got plenty of notice of the flight change. Truth is the early departure worked better for us, so we were not unhappy with the change. Check in went very smoothly. No lines and the staff were very courteous and friendly. We were traveling light, 2 suitcases between 3 of us, but it is nice to know that if we decided to buy something large, it could fly back with us as a piece of luggage. Once checked in we went straight for the lounge. Nothing special, but much better than siting in the regular waiting area. You get some decent food and drink before you board. If you wait till the end, someone will come around and remind you when it is boarding time. As a business class passenger you get to take the short security line. Truth is that at both Luton and Newark, it did not make a big difference as lines at both airports were short. Apparently this airline has two Boeing 757 planes. We rode on both. On the way to London we rode on the newer plane. The seats are so much nicer than any I have been in before. They have a ton of legroom, I could not touch the seat in front of me. The seats go almost flat. The seat controls are not intuitive, but you can figure them out if you play with the controls enough. The most important controls are the ones that convert the seat to a bed and the one that converts it back to a seat. The newer 757 is nicer. It has more bathrooms and there are no wires to charge the entertainment tablets. The seats also end up a bit flatter in bed mode. Entertainment wise, you get a nice big Samsung tablet. On the older plane where the tablets need to be plugged in, quite a few were running out of battery during our flight. A bit annoying, but if you kept the tablet in the cradle in front of the seat and left it plugged in, it was not an issue. The selection of entertainment was a bit slim. There were 6 TV shows to watch and about a dozen movies. Lucky for me there were a couple of movies I hand not yet seen so I was kept entertained. Food wise, no matter what this is airline food and it is not fine dining. With that said, they did the best they could. The fruit was very fresh and the deserts were really nice. Another nice touch was real silverware and cloth napkins. I'm not a drinker, so I can't comment on the wine and champagne offered on the flight. When I shop for anything, I look at value for the money spent, not just the cheapest price. Value wise I would rate this airline very high. There are only 76 passengers per flight, so you don't feel like cattle getting herded to the slaughter house. The staff is very well trained and friendly. If you don't mind the chance of a flight change, the value is hard to beat. I would use La Compagnie again.
Date FlownJuly 2016

"terrific value - far from perfect"

Verified Review | Luton to Newark with La Compagnie. The flights were great value at £1178 return even though things are not perfect. Outward Luton - Newark we departed on time. It is easy to get to Luton Airport by train and bus but I was glad it was a sunny day as there is quite a long walk from the bus with no protection to the airport entrance. I would hate to do it on a rainy day. The check in staff were charming. The airport was crowded as was the lounge which was was adequate, showers were available but there was only 30 minutes of free wifi and getting a connection was complex. The aircraft looked less than half full. The service was charming and the food was excellent. The seat had baffling controls and it took half the flight to get it to a comfortable position. There were no instructions for operating the seat and the flight attendant didn't know how either. Return flight left and arrived about an hour late and was full. It was a different aircraft and the seal controls were simpler. It seemed that most passengers avoided dinner and went to sleep as soon as possible. I had an aisle seat and fortunately the window seat passenger didn't want to leave her seat at any point. Had she wanted to I would have had to wake up and move my seat to the sitting position. The service was fine and the breakfast was satisfactory despite featuring a very rubbery egg dish. I hope La Compagnie remains viable as I may happy to accept the trade-off between comfort, low price, marginal imperfections and unreliability - but first I want to try Norwegian Air to see how it compares for value for money. Anyone planning to use the La Compagnie needs to check the frequency of flight cancellations. I wouldn't have used it if I couldn't have accommodated a 24 delay for each journey. I was luck. Maybe it is improving - I hope so.
Date FlownJune 2016

"a terrible experience"

Verified Review | We are very seasoned travelers and decided to try La Compagnie to Paris from Newark. Our outbound flight was a terrible experience: uncomfortable seats with bizarre controls, poor onboard service (due to lack of staff), bad food. Our (attempted) return was an even worse experience. La Compagnie is a discount carrier, pure and simple - and not worth the price.
RouteEWR to CDG
Date FlownJune 2016

"overjoyed to find them"

Verified Review | La Compagnie offers business class at a competitive price. They own two airplanes, and fly two routes. They are a new venture. At 6’ 3” tall, I was overjoyed to find them, after years of Transatlantic travel stuffed in the back of horrid airbuses. In a nutshell: La Compagnie delivers. Outbound: Travel to London Luton: 45 mins. (Same to Heathrow, avg. 1.5 hrs). Met at the door by La Compagnie staff. Whisked straight to the First Class lounge which was ok. Later, walked down to the gate, no one waiting, straight on board into a seat that’s like a lazy boy recliner. Greeted and served by the friendliest staff. Served fresh foods and cheeses. Woke up in NYC feeling great. Even the travel times were good, keeping us out of rush hour in NYC. Inbound: Got a text of a delay. At airport, after a bit of a wait, the CEO came down to inform of cancellation. We were taken to the nearby Ramada Inn, given rooms and food. Next day, we were visited at the hotel, again, in person by the CEO and his sales manager. We were given seats on the next flight out that evening and we arrived at the airport, and were taken back to the Newark First Class lounge (which is not great, I must say, but it’s a waiting room). Then, we went straight up to catch our business class flight home. No fuss, no problem. I am grateful to have a service that allows me to travel comfortably, with dignity, at a slightly higher price. I found the comments about the seats ‘not lying flat’ silly. I accepted that this was a boutique airline, had two planes – I knew what I was buying. La Compagnie. I’ll be back.
RouteEWR to LTN
Date FlownMay 2016

"exceeded our expectations"

Verified Review | Before traveling I was a little concerned that La Compagnie had had a number of delays and cancellations when they first operated this service, but decided to risk it. Our flight was on time in both directions. Check in at Luton and Newark took less than a minute each time. They lounges at both ends were decent and comfortable. I am fortunate enough to fly BA Club Class and Virgin Upper class regularly, lets not get confused that La Compagnie is comparable to Upper class, but its not far away from BA Club. The plane was spotlessly clean, cabin crew were pleasant, helpful, friendly and efficient. The food was certainly as good as BA Club, possibly better. The quality of wines and champagne was good, although there wasn't a choice. The seats are very roomy and comfortable, but they don't go flat to 180 degrees - however we knew that and actually did have some sleep on the way back. I assume the cost to upgrade the plane when it was refurbished by La Compagnie to have full flat beds, was just too expensive. We paid £1500 for two persons returns, which is a phenomenal bargain and would happily have paid more. There were about 40 passengers on both trips. We found the films loaded on the Samsung Galaxy tablets more than acceptable and the viewing experience as good as any business class. All in all La Compagnie way exceeded our expectations and I would thoroughly recommend them. Will they thrive and survive is the big question and time will tell.
Date FlownApril 2016

"recommend and fly them again"

Return flights from Luton to New York for 4 of us. Flight was cancelled with a flight rebooked to fly 12 hours later. We were advised a couple of weeks in advance so didn't cause any problems, but a little irritating. Swift check in, lounge at Luton was fine (used it before as priority pass holders). The flight was excellent. Seats were comfortable and reclined (although not full flat) to be suitable to sleep. Pleasant staff who were attentive and discreet throughout. Champagne and very nice meal with choice of wines. Samsung Galaxy pads enabled viewing of limited films, magazines etc. Dozed off and woken by staff offering refreshments. Newark arrival processes swift and easy. Return check in similar. Lounge busy but adequate seating with plenty of refreshments. As it was a night flight, light meal, okay but not exciting then went to sleep.. Although there appeared to be only 3 staff, they were charming and efficient. Hugely impressed by La Compagnie. The flight both ways was a pleasure and would recommend and fly with them again.
Aircraft747
Date FlownApril 2016

"seat controls were sticky"

We flew for the first time with La Compagnie in February 2016 from Luton to Newark and were extremely disappointed. The seat area on both outbound and inbound flights were disgusting. The seat controls were sticky, stained and seat coverings were stained. Quite evident it had been like that for months. We had to ask a hostess for wipes to clean the area again. We are frequent travellers and can honestly say that low cost airlines are far cleaner than La Compagnie. We will never use them again.
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"be aware they only have 2 aircraft"

Verified Review | Luton to Newark with La Compagnie. Lots to impress if all goes to plan, but be aware that they only have 2 aircraft (and one runs the Paris route) and no spare crew in the UK. Price are reasonable. Lounges not as luxurious as some but they beat sitting in departures area. Aircraft with big seats and loads of space, but seats don't quite go flat. Attentive crew. Food excellent but not much choice and not overly generous with the booze. Tablets instead of seat-back tv's, they worked well on way out but had to be plugged into chargers on the way back. Movie/music choices limited. I would have been impressed with the package/price had not a crew member gone sick. After 8 hours sitting in the business class lounge we were eventually told at 9pm that the flight was cancelled. Irate passengers and disorganised ground crew battled it out. We were told that we could be put on the next days flight but they admitted they didn't know if there would be a seat for everyone. We were sent back to baggage claim and then check in and told that the reason we were waiting was so that they could book us hotel rooms, but they hadn't yet collected the form which asked if we needed one or if we would rather do something else. Many people had had enough and headed for Heathrow but it was too late to get there and fly out that night. We stayed and were eventually taken to a budget hotel in Stevenage (35 min drive in a taxi) which was better than it sounds and flew on the next day punctually. Fortunately for us we had no time constraints and the airline were happy to change our return flight to 24 hrs later. La Compagnie offered us a gift for the inconvenience of the delay, £440 off our next flight (but not to be used on the return leg apparently) and we have since discovered this is in lieu of the EU statuary compensation of E600 (which in fact converts at £480). Discussions continue. Despite all that went wrong I liked the convenience of flying from Luton and I liked the food and the flight but we had the time on our side. We ended up with the same deal but with an additional overnight in Stevenage so I would fly with them again. In summary, in my opinion its great if all goes to plan but there is no satisfactory back up if things go wrong.
Date FlownMarch 2016