Kuwait Airways

"Passengers are so frustrated"

Trip Verified | Dhaka to London via Kuwait. I am writing this after huge frustration the flight was supposed to take the of Friday morning 01.20 local time (Dhaka). After the intervention of passengers they decided to take them to hotel and bought back only to sit them around the terminal without any updates on flights. Surely you organise the flight before you bring them back to the airport. Again they are having to go without food without any information there isn’t any proper facility for bathroom use. Passengers are so frustrated that they are resulting in argument before any information is given to them.
RouteDhaka to London via Kuwait
Date FlownDecember 2017

"the food was delicious"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Kuwait to Dubai. I traveled in First class with the new Boeing 777-300 that was really amazing, check in smoothly without trouble. Stewards are nice. Entertainment system had a lot of channels, the food was delicious. The Wifi was expensive.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteKuwait to Dubai
Date FlownApril 2017

"worst customer service staff"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Delhi via Kuwait. One of the worst customer service staff. I booked my ticket through skyscanner with a long stopover (more than 8 hours) returning back from Frankfurt and going back to Delhi. On approaching the check-in desk, I was informed that I have to pay 110 euros more to get a boarding pass as I need to have a hotel booking at the Airport hotel. I had no option or no flight for me. I was helpless in a foreign country. I had to pay and the hotel was too bad. Renovation noise disturbed me a lot. Now I have written to Kuwait Airways many times but they won't refund my money. Why nobody on my outward journey bothered to ask me to show the booking for my return? Why before booking my ticket these rules were not in the instructions?
RouteFrankfurt to Delhi via Kuwait
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Will definitely fly again"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Kuwait to London. Enjoyed the flight specially my kids the crew was very attentive, helpful and the seating was specious also leg area the entertainment was good with the option of listening to Quran. Will definitely fly again in Kuwait Airways during summer vacation.
RouteKuwait to London
Date FlownDecember 2017

"the aircraft was not clean"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | My flight with Kuwait Airways was from Beirut to Jeddah via Kuwait. The aircraft on both flights was the new Boeing 777-300ER, legroom is amazing, inflight entertainment and cabin crew were average and the aircraft was not clean. Services in Kuwait airport 0/10.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteBeirut to Jeddah via Kuwait
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"No service between meals"

Not Verified | New York JFK to Chennai via Kuwait and I opted for Kuwait Airways because of its low cost. The flight from JFK was delayed by 2 hours and the connecting flight from Kuwait was delayed for 2.5 hours more! There were not much information on the reasons for delay or ETA. I had AVML meal and quality of food was decent. There was no additional service trips by the cabin crew, even though we were waiting for 2+ hours on tarmac for take off. No service between meals.
RouteNew York to Chennai via Kuwait
Date FlownNovember 2017

"not try Kuwait Airways again"

(Sri Lanka)

Verified Review | Colombo to Dammam via Kuwait in business class. The seats were good, and the entertainment systems. The food served was terrible! Surprisingly, the flight attendants were unaware as to what is contained in the meals served (basic things like fish or chicken) – to have the response that these are authentic Sri Lankan food : I factor some rudeness and unfriendliness in to that. Had to specifically ask for a head-set as well, even after having booked in the business class. The worst was KWI-DMM flight. It was supposed to take off at 8.30 am. The gates were not open till 8.15. Having boarded finally in to the aircraft – the crew has found that there are more than one boarding passes issued on the same seat for 3 passengers. There were discussion between the ground staff and the airline crew. Luckily the flight was not full – else someone could have been off-loaded. It was visible from the flight itself, that they are unloading a baggage carrier next to the flight - to locate some specific passenger luggage. Loading and unloading took some good time. Probably some mis-checked in items, but it had to wait till 9.30 am to fix. The flight left 1 hr 30 minutes late. They claimed that it was due to security reasons at the airport and baggage loading issues; now that is why they open the counters 3 hours in advance leaving adequate time for all that. To add to that, all the points I have noted here contributed to the delay. My checked-in luggage was tagged Priority / Business. It was among the last to receive at the belt Thanks to the efficiency of Kuwait airways – I missed my connecting flight from DMM (even after leaving 2 hours for transfer). Will not try Kuwait Airways again.
AircraftA330-200
RouteColombo to Dammam via Kuwait

"a lot of leg room"

Verified Review | The fight from Dhaka to New York went okay. There is a lot of leg room especially for economy. The food selection was okay. No blankets were provided. I had a 17 hour layover once I reached Kuwait where the airport provided a room at a airport hotel. Wouldn't let me leave. The next day the plane I boarded flight attendants were very friendly. Food was good. Hot towels were provided as well as blankets. We stopped at Shannon, Ireland without notice for another layover. Which is what I didn't like. A lot of layovers. Very bad selection for entertainment
RouteDhaka to New York JFK via Kuwait
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"good variety of in-flight entertainment"

Verified Review | Very annoying to start to Mumbai - New York JFK flight, plane delayed by an hour and a half. Good food, good variety of in-flight entertainment. Was told it was a new plane. Given breakfast and then snacks later on. Reached Kuwait and got in the queue for JFK. Extremely strict security. Again good meals and later snacks. Shannon was a stupid stopover, its a pain, trauma to get down the plane, wait in hour long queues for the crawling paced security, just stroll inside the small airport and then again wait in a queue to get back into the plane.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteMumbai to JFK via Kuwait, Shannon
Date FlownAugust 2017

"my worst experience"

Verified Review | Lahore to New York via New York. I was handed boarding cards from Lahore to Kuwait and same time I was given boarding cards from Kuwait to New York. I noticed that all the seats from Kuwait to New York are not together. Seats were given all over the place. I requested to staff but supervisor said, he will message to Kuwait and they will fix it. I spoke to staff at Kuwait airport but they could not help and re-arranged my seats to 16F,17F,18F and 17B. I was traveling with my wife and two kids ages 4 years and 8 years. At Kuwait, they also said, crew will help to sit together. In plan, I requested the same but no results. We had our kids on laps. I also like to mention, while waiting at Kuwait Gate 21, more than 100 peoples were standing because there are only few seats in waiting area of Gate 21. Flight was delayed 2 hours at Kuwait and no one explained any reason and passenger were standing and waiting to board. I been traveling from Lahore to New York from last 16 years and never had situation like this. This was my worst experience.
RouteLahore to New York via New York