Kuwait Airways

(Trinidad & Tobago)

A flight on January 29 took off 12 hours late and the airline had no courtesy to inform passengers. The staff are ill equipped to handle delays and problems and treat paying passengers like cattle. The flight to New York via London was terminated at Heathrow without any information. The hotel at Kuwait was horrible with rude staff and one telephone line for about 200 anxious passengers. Rerouting our flights cost us extra expense for baggage and the fresh ticket and Kuwait airways took no responsibility. Not once did an airline representative talk or meet with the passengers.

Kuwait Airways customer review

I faced the same nightmare as Shelly Talmo in flight on 01/29/2011. My return trip to USA (from Chennai) got stretched by 26 hours due to flight reschedules and cancellations and missed my domestic flight to Austin Texas in USA. Kuwait Airlines not willing to compensate for my loss. Inflight entertainment was very poor. Less choices some monitors do not work audio did not come in one monitor (more challenging to watch a movie on this one). On one segment my monitor control was in my neighbour seat and his one on mine.

Kuwait Airways customer review

I have never experienced anything like Kuwait Airlines. We were 2 hours late taking off from Chennai. Once we got to Kuwait we stood in a line to enter aircraft traveling to London. Some of the passengers got onto the plane only to be told to get off. We sat in terminal for awhile and then they sent us to a hotel in Kuwait. After 8 hours we were shuttled back boarded the plane another 2 hours later and proceeded to sit on the plane for over 3 hours before taking off. Once in London a tiny voice came over intercom informing us that the flight to JFK was terminated. No reason given. No further instructions given. We stood around Heathrow customs wondering what to do. Finally going through customs we were told that a bus would pick us up and take us to a hotel. I finally got into my room at 3:30 am and told that we would receive information regarding flight at 9:00 a.m. At 1000 we received word from some Kuwait representative that a bus would be around to pick us up at 1040 and that we needed to check out of our rooms. Luggage and over a hundred people were now standing around hotel lobby. At 1230 a bus finally came. We were then transferred to Delta Airlines for our journey home due to leave at 5:00. Delta charged passengers extra money for extra baggage which had already been paid for by passengers at Kuwait airlines. This whole experience was a total nightmare. I wouldn't recommend Kuwait Airlines to my worst enemy. There is so much more but as I've been up a total of 38 hours due to this fiasco I can't think clearly!

Kuwait Airways customer review

BOM-JFK and back during the holiday season. The aircraft was old and shabby tv monitors were old the choice of programs limited. The return trip was a nightmare - flight from JFK was delayed by over 9 hours and no one called to inform us the online schedule gave no indication of a delay. On reaching Kuwait we were rudely told that the flight to Mumbai was canceled and we would have to wait till the next day. We were herded to the hotel and brought back the next night. We boarded the flight sat for 2 hours and then were asked to deplane - technical issues followed by a crew unwilling to extend their hours of duty . We were herded back to the hotel with no apology/ explanation. Finally reached home after 2 days.

Kuwait Airways customer review

FlighLHR-CGK-LHR via Kuwait. Could hardly move and seat wasn't very comfortable the in-flight entertainment wasn't always working - it worked in some flights. Flight attendants to and from Jakarta very friendly. Food was decent breakfast vouchers were handed out to passengers during transit in Kuwait. Overall it was okay - you get what you pay for.

Kuwait Airways customer review

Flight from UK to India via Kuwait was meant to take 16 hours changing at Kuwait. Flight cancelled and went next day via Rome. Took 2 full days and luggage not there when arrived in India delivered 3 days later. Return flight also cancelled and after spending day in hotel flew to Kuwait. Onward flight from Kuwait also cancelled so another day in hotel. Was told I was booked on a flight from Kuwait to Frankfurt for the next day and was given documentation. When I turned up for this flight I was told I was not booked on it. Kuwait Airways said I would have to spend another day in Kuwait hotel but made my own arrangements and managed to get back to the UK 3 days after leaving India. Minus luggage again. I will never fly with Kuwait Airways again and would not recommend them to my worst enemy.

Kuwait Airways customer review

JFK-KWI-DAC economy class. The seating was old and dirty. IFE absolute trash a 5 inch monitor behind the seat which is a joke. Picture quality poor. Below average flight attendant service - I asked for water and got it after 15 min later.

(Sri Lanka)

Colombo to Kuwait. Cabin crew helpful and attentive to requests. Fleet is very old and needs refurbishment. IFE is not up to standard. Seating is uncomfortable. High cabin noise inside. Flight delays.

Kuwait Airways customer review

It was like taking a trip back in time. Imagine a decent flight in the 1970s. Seats looked old (had ashtrays in seat arms) but comfy enough. Seat-back TV screens didn't work on 1/3 of the seats. 3 video channels (western middle eastern indian) and very old-fashioned VGA graphics on the video system menu. Food was satisfactory. Service from FAs seemed fine - courteous polite etc. But the ticket was cheap.

Kuwait Airways customer review

I travelled business class to New York - never again even it was offered free. The plane was three hours late boarding a regular occurrence ground staff told me. Boarding was a free for all. The plane was like something out of the 1960's my seat had masking tape holding the ashtray metal in place. The seat was I would say smaller than a premium economy seat. It reclined about 4 inches ie a slight lean. The footrest was a push out at the bottom of your seat plate thing. TV broke down twice. There is no alcohol not really an issue but you don't get given bottles of water - I think I was given two glasses through the flight and had to ask each time. The staff were miserable. The final insult was after arriving some 4 hours behind schedule my lower body was covered in bug bites I assume from the less than clean seat. Not to mention the chap who decided to lock himself in the loo on take off and when the door was pulled open refused to come out so they left him to his own devices luckily enough he was genuinely having a pee. It was the most dismal flying experience I have ever had in all categories from economy to first class on any airline. Its a disgrace. Don't consider doing it unless you are desperate or mad.