Kuwait Airways

Kuwait Airways customer review

Economy class London to Manila return via Bangkok with Kuwait Airways. The flight was comparable with some more expensive airlines on this route and staff were pleasant and polite. The flight was reasonably punctual and onboard food pretty standard and plentiful. It should be noted that there is very little to do and see at Kuwait airport but during a transit stay of four to five hours we were given free food and did find some reasonable toilets (they are few and far between). Overall this flight was excellent value for money and I would travel with them again.

Kuwait Airways customer review

BEY-KWI left and arrived on time. Plane not new but not bad condition either. Flight attendants friendly and great with kids. I have flown with them 3 times and have not had any issues. Food good and cabin service excellent (hot towels good meals on short flights good drinks service and smiling attendants). Bathrooms could be a little cleaner.

Kuwait Airways customer review

LHR-KWI-COK. LHR-KWI with lousy inflight entertainment system. The screen was tiny and the movies were repeated. KWI transit was pandemonium connection flight was delayed for hours. There were 3 departure gates with just one door to enter the gate area and passengers for 3 flights were catapulting themselves to get through the gates - ground staff were rude and unprofessional. While boarding the flight one of the ground staff snatched my cabin bag and was about to check-in literally at the door step of the flight with no questions asked. With my laptop in the cabin bag managed to get it from the staff and had to literally smuggle it inside the flight - cabin bag was within the permitted dimensions and I have travelled with the same cabin bag on many airlines. This was the worst experience ever.

Kuwait Airways customer review

LHR-KWI-CMB return. LHR to KWI boarding was chaotic with ground staff arguing over how the aircraft should be boarded. The delay resulted in the usual boarding process being ignored which meant a boarding free for all scramble ensued with many passengers pushing past families with young children. Once on the flight two of the four IFE screens were faulty - one did not work at all. Headphones for the screens were faulty and the general IFE was poor with long delays between screenings. IFE is a big deal with young children on long haul daytime flights. On our return flights the first from Colombo was again problematic as far as boarding was concerned with delays and queuing. On arrival it was apparent that KWI does not deal well with passengers waiting in transit. It took other passengers to inform us that KA should provide food for long transit waits. The food that was eventually provided was of very poor quality. Our final flight was by far the worst. Having endured a long wait at KWI we were relieved to be boarded with very little delay or problems. On boarding the flight I discovered a bag of vomit in the magazine pocket in front of me. FA was very apologetic but took quite a long time to sort out the problem as I stood by my seat whilst all other passengers had been seated. The offending item was removed and the area around my seat disinfected but it was not a great start to the last flight of a long period of travelling. Again IFE was poor with films repeated and very little alternative choice - faulty screens and headphones. Over the duration of the flight all the hand basins in the Economy toilets became blocked. Towards the end of the flight all Economy toilets were deemed unusable and closed. Passengers were given no alternative toilets which I find totally unacceptable. I will do my best to avoid flying with Kuwait Airways again.

Kuwait Airways customer review

Bangkok to Manila business class fare very attractive cabin staff were helpful. Food not quite business class standard of the major airlines. The flight was on time and our luggage was given priority labels which meant we were through immigration very quickly.

Kuwait Airways customer review

JFK-DXB in January. The entertainment system didn't work on many seats (mine included) and neither did the audio/music channels. For a long flight from JFK-KWI that's frustrating. What's more the seats for many did not recline. Some that reclined did not return to the original positions. I guess I was lucky that mine did recline and it did come back to the upright position. When I complained to the FA I was told that its nothing new. They know about it and they had informed the engineering dept to fix it. The food was okay. KWI airport is one of the worst to transit - they herd you like cattle to line up at the gate. I was told that due to construction only 2 gates were available for boarding and that was why the chaos. Pearl Lounge (Marhaba lounge) charged me 12 Dinars to use it but it was well worth the 5 hour transit stay. KWI-DXB was okay just one hour and they did serve a hot snack.

(Trinidad & Tobago)

A flight on January 29 took off 12 hours late and the airline had no courtesy to inform passengers. The staff are ill equipped to handle delays and problems and treat paying passengers like cattle. The flight to New York via London was terminated at Heathrow without any information. The hotel at Kuwait was horrible with rude staff and one telephone line for about 200 anxious passengers. Rerouting our flights cost us extra expense for baggage and the fresh ticket and Kuwait airways took no responsibility. Not once did an airline representative talk or meet with the passengers.

Kuwait Airways customer review

I faced the same nightmare as Shelly Talmo in flight on 01/29/2011. My return trip to USA (from Chennai) got stretched by 26 hours due to flight reschedules and cancellations and missed my domestic flight to Austin Texas in USA. Kuwait Airlines not willing to compensate for my loss. Inflight entertainment was very poor. Less choices some monitors do not work audio did not come in one monitor (more challenging to watch a movie on this one). On one segment my monitor control was in my neighbour seat and his one on mine.

Kuwait Airways customer review

I have never experienced anything like Kuwait Airlines. We were 2 hours late taking off from Chennai. Once we got to Kuwait we stood in a line to enter aircraft traveling to London. Some of the passengers got onto the plane only to be told to get off. We sat in terminal for awhile and then they sent us to a hotel in Kuwait. After 8 hours we were shuttled back boarded the plane another 2 hours later and proceeded to sit on the plane for over 3 hours before taking off. Once in London a tiny voice came over intercom informing us that the flight to JFK was terminated. No reason given. No further instructions given. We stood around Heathrow customs wondering what to do. Finally going through customs we were told that a bus would pick us up and take us to a hotel. I finally got into my room at 3:30 am and told that we would receive information regarding flight at 9:00 a.m. At 1000 we received word from some Kuwait representative that a bus would be around to pick us up at 1040 and that we needed to check out of our rooms. Luggage and over a hundred people were now standing around hotel lobby. At 1230 a bus finally came. We were then transferred to Delta Airlines for our journey home due to leave at 5:00. Delta charged passengers extra money for extra baggage which had already been paid for by passengers at Kuwait airlines. This whole experience was a total nightmare. I wouldn't recommend Kuwait Airlines to my worst enemy. There is so much more but as I've been up a total of 38 hours due to this fiasco I can't think clearly!

Kuwait Airways customer review

BOM-JFK and back during the holiday season. The aircraft was old and shabby tv monitors were old the choice of programs limited. The return trip was a nightmare - flight from JFK was delayed by over 9 hours and no one called to inform us the online schedule gave no indication of a delay. On reaching Kuwait we were rudely told that the flight to Mumbai was canceled and we would have to wait till the next day. We were herded to the hotel and brought back the next night. We boarded the flight sat for 2 hours and then were asked to deplane - technical issues followed by a crew unwilling to extend their hours of duty . We were herded back to the hotel with no apology/ explanation. Finally reached home after 2 days.