Kuwait Airways

"worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Cochin to New York via Kuwait. The worst customer service and worst experience ever. On my return trip from Cochin to JFK, the plane from Cochin was delayed. This should have made the connecting flight from Kuwait also be delayed so that we would be able to board upon arrival in Kuwait. However, this was not the case since the closed off the gate when we landed in Kuwait. When I had arrived at the terminal, talking to the staff, they said that we weren’t even on the system meaning that they were willing to keep us in Kuwait for a day since Cochin and didn’t just didn’t care. There were six customers inclusive of myself that had to go through this and I was informed that this is done regularly by the airline as one of the customers said this happens to him previously as well. Normally, I wouldn’t really care about this but I took emergency leave from work to attend my Gramdfather’s funeral in India. Having to stay an additional day on emergency leave may make the integrity of leave blurry to my employer especially since I had just joined only a week prior. I have never experienced such a horrible customer service and a lack of care. I will never fly with this horrible airline again.
RouteCochin to New York via Kuwait
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"by far the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Bahrain to Dubai via Kuwait, first time with Kuwait airways and for sure it will be my last time. Most unorganised and unprofessional airline. If you want to delay and spend hours in airports then this is the airline you choose. Had business trip in Bahrain then Kuwait and back to Dubai. BAH-KWI was delayed by 2 hrs a very old A320 dirty and noisy, uncomfortable leather seats, no screens, dirty toilets. Delay without any information and had to spent hours at BAH for a 50 mins flight. KWI-DXB was even worse at the most chaotic airport in Kuwait which is the hub of the airline. Was at the airport at 7:30am for my 9:45am flight the check in counters are the most unorganised and chaotic. Their ground staff are very rude and keep giving wrong information . It was a remote gate and can you imagine checking in 3 flights at the same time from the same gate. Then suddenly they say my flight is delayed while we were at the gate and flight was removed from the screen then had to check with their airline ground staff who are also rude and unprofessional eventually we leave 2 hrs later with a fairly new A330 aircarft seemed clean however Entertainment not the best and didn’t really matter hence a 90 mins flight . Lunch was adequate for the flight however the crew were again arrogant and seems distant and not interested in serving people. I’m a frequent flyer and tried all airlines in the region this is by far the worst airline and most arrogant staff I’ve ever encountered.
AircraftA320 / A330
RouteBahrain to Dubai via Kuwait
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"recommend spending money on other airlines"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Paris via Kuwait. The flight got delayed twice and I was stranded in the night at the airport. Never book Kuwait airways as the passengers travelling were not good and the airline did nothing over the issue. I highly recommend spending money on other airlines.
RouteDelhi to Paris via Kuwait

"Bad on board service"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Manila to Kuwait. Seats are ok flat bed seats. however you should not expect anything else. Seems this airline you pay for seat nothing more. Bad on board service even more terrible ground services. Flight scheduled at 10am they rescheduled it twice, below average business lounge. went to hotel airport terrible, could not stay there went back.
RouteManila to Cairo via Kuwait

"comfort in the flight"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Dubai via Kuwait City. I ended up with Kuwait airways as I missed my flight with fly dubai and I had to book a return ticket at the earliest. The only option i could see was Kuwait airways. I had none of the bad experiences others talked about. Agreed that they are not as courteous as some airline's crew but can’t deny the comfort in the flight, there is food served onboard as well as in flight entertainment which need to be paid for on flydubai which costs same price but 0 comfort. If given a chance i’ll again fly with Kuwait airways and hopefully other people get to share a similar experience as me.
RouteIstanbul to Dubai via Kuwait City

"Unprofessional cabin crew"

Trip Verified | Flew Kuwait Airways from Frankfurt to Manila via Kuwait. Unprofessional cabin crew. One crew member even told me that he could not give me water a second time around, yes I asked for a second time as I was thirsty. Unprofessional and untrained staff. I will not be flying with them again. I am a frequent flyer and this was my second worst experience after Air India.
RouteFrankfurt to Manila via Kuwait
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Rude and ignoring passengers"

Trip Verified | Ahmedabad to New York via Kuwait. Ground staff were not present in Ahmedabad. Flight was delayed 2.5 hours. They never notified passengers about the delays. Same problem continues in Kuwait and Shannon as well. There was not a single person from the airline to provide any updates regarding delay. Crew members: Rude and ignoring passengers. They didn't provide water after asking twice. Even pressing the assist button didn't help. Blankets were not provided on boarding. You had to ask for blankets. During my Kuwait to Shannon flight I asked the air hostess to provide a blanket, she responded "we are running out of the blankets". I saw that more than 50% of passengers didn't have any blankets. Food: Food was decent when I was flying from JFK to AHD but it was pathetic during my return.
RouteAhmedabad to New York via Kuwait
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"cabin crew were absolutely unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Flew Colombo to London via Kuwait. The cabin crew were absolutely unprofessional and did not treat passengers respectfully. Their customer services are very bad and I would advise anybody not to fly Kuwait Airways. Its the worst airline I have travelled.
RouteColombo to London via Kuwait

"reasonably good airline"

Trip Verified | I took my first Kuwait Airways flight on 3 January 2018, from Delhi (DEL) to New York (JFK) via Kuwait (change of plane), and a so-called technical stop at Shannon, Ireland. I had read all horror stories of reviewers related to Kuwait Airways as well as Kuwait Airport and was apprehensive. But, having experienced my first trip, I found that this is a reasonably good airline. Both my flights (DEL-KWI and KWI-JFK) had European stewardesses and they were well trained, professional, and helpful. The food offered on board was really good that exceeded my expectations. I had requested special meals, and I got my meals. What they can do better is that, on the KWI-JFK flight, which is actually 8+8 hours' flights with Shannon as the mid-point, they should frequently offer water to the passengers. Both flights were the wide-bodied Boeing 777 with 3+3+3 configuration in the economy class, which is quite comfortable (the Emirates cramps this 3+4+3 configuration). The toilets were reasonably clean throughout, although, the number of toilets should be increased, given the size of the plane. The worst part of the trip was the stopover at Shannon - both the act itself and the lack of correct information thereof. I was told at Delhi that this will be a technical stop, and the stewardesses said that the plane will stop at Shannon for a maximum of one and a half hours. However, the reality was totally different. All the passengers were ordered to get out of the plane at Shannon with their belongings in the cabin. Then, a long line for security check. The security staff manually checked the cabin bags of the passengers and then put them into the X-Ray machine. This was a time-consuming affair and the airport authorities had already allocated three and a half hours for this exercise. As result, the plane arrived in New York two and a half hours behind schedule and caused inconvenience to all passengers. I am sure that stopping at Shannon is not a decision of Kuwait Airways. There is nothing to hide about this on the part of Kuwait Airways, and they should give correct information to their passengers. Another unpleasant and time consuming affair was at Kuwait airport itself, for "profiling" the passengers of the US-bound flight. They don't notify the passengers at the source airport of this exercise. So, when passengers line up for boarding, they are told to get the profiling clearance. In the process, there is routine delays for the departure of the New York bound plane.
RouteDelhi to New York via Kuwait
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"not worth the cheap ticket"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to New York via Kuwait / Shannon. This is the worst airline I have experienced. The flight attendants never answered our questions directly. They never replied when we asked if this was a direct flight to New York. When I asked how long we would we stay at Shannon airport before taking off for New York, the flight attendant just told me that no one is leaving this airport and that they needed to clean the plane. I asked to use the restroom and was told that there was no restroom at this particular area of the airport until we went through another security check after we just got off the plane. We already went through 2 security checks prior to boarding the plane in Bangkok. I had a pat down, a baggage check, and electronic check but apparently that was not enough. They separated me from my boyfriend and told me that I had to go through the longer security check at Shannon airport! I have had it with this airline. It is not worth the cheap ticket.
RouteBangkok to New York via Kuwait / Shannon