Kuwait Airways

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th July 2015

Gulf Air Heathrow lounge very nice and professional service. The service was excellent on the flight, cabin crew very friendly and professional. The choice of meals was very good as were the meals themselves. They offer no alcohol on this flight but for me that's not a deal breaker. Great choice of other beverages. Downsides were that the inflight entertainment wasn't operational (I had my iPad, so again didn't affect me) and the aircraft was outdated. Apart from that I will be flying them again, as they beat the likes of British Airways, Virgin and the US airlines on price.
RouteLondon to New York

Review by (Thailand) 9th July 2015

A nightmare trip. First flight had nearly 2 hours late. Paris airport said to us that the crew arrived late to the plane and it was true, we coud see them arrive late at boarding gate. Kuwait to Bangkok was delayed 11 hours, all people had other connections missed them. I had to find a room late in Bangkok and wait the day after to come back the city - I live in northeast Thailand. It's like Kuwait Airways don't care about their customers.
RouteParis to Bangkok via Kuwait

Review by (Italy) 5th July 2015

The flight was delayed for two hours before departure from Rome and then upon arrival at Kuwait International Airport at 20.00 (8pm) the flight to Manila with a stopover at Bangkok at 23.25 (11.25pm) was delayed until the next morning at 7.30am. I was forced to wait at the airport, they offered us food at 3am in the morning. Finally the next morning the check in started at around 7 in the morning but for some reason they decided to delay the departure at 10.00am. It was a terrible flight and wouldn't recomend it. My flight from Kuwait to Manila was delayed 10 hours and they didn't manage to offer us hotel accommodation. The food was ok, the crew were nice though the airplane inside was outdated.
Cabin FlownEconomy
RouteRoma Fiumicino (FCO) to Manila Ninoy Aquino Airport (MNL)

Review by (India) 14th June 2015

The flight was good but was outdated, the entertainment system was not working in some seats. The food was great and the crew friendly. It was good value for money.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteNew York to Chennai via Kuwait

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 27th April 2015

Flew on a Boeing 777-200ER (9K-AOB). The aircraft cabin shows its age and IFE exists but is luck whether switched on or not. In my case it was on movies were in a loop system and I was so excited it was working but sadly the audio did not work. There is no point of offering good quality headsets if the IFE audio doesn't work at all. Food was of excellent quality but less portion (Ordered a vegan meal without dairy products). The cabin staff 12 of 13 were only men on this flight and service was just fair and whatever meets with minimum requirements. There is an exception of the occasional friendly crew who is nice and pleasant. Would I recommend it again? Yes! But please calculate your trips so that you fly the newer aircraft and your experience will be pleasant and enjoyable.

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 27th April 2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 23rd April 2015

LHR-JFK JFK-LHR. 777 both flights. Knew what to expect from previous reviews but mainly all I cared about was that I got there and without problems which I did. However IFE not working on either leg and neither were most other passengers. This would be ok if their phone policy was that it needed to be switched off for the duration yet I saw flight attendants using theirs. Seats had a fair bit of legroom and reclined however were quite hard. Food better than expected and quite a bit of it. Cabin crew did a lot of drink runs but be aware that they do not offer alcohol. If you can get a good price with this airline I would say it's worth it but I'm unsure if I would fly again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 23rd April 2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th April 2015

Flew to Manila via Kuwait and Bangkok. Firstly our flight was delayed by an hour at Heathrow Airport. This didn't bother us too much at the time as we had no sleep the previous night so were happy to sleep off the delay and it also meant less waiting time at Kuwait for our connecting flight. Secondly my husband and I felt like we were back in the 90's with the state the plane was in. IFE was provided using very old dated TV's and my TV for all legs of the journey was not working. Next and this had to be the icing on the cake our flight from Kuwait to Manila was delayed by 8 hours! Thankfully we were provided food and a hotel room. We had to contact our relatives in Manila to cancel all plans made for us as instead of arriving at 4pm we would be arriving at midnight. On the way back from Manila to UK our flight was again delayed. We spent over an hour in the waiting lounge in Manila and another hour or so on the plane in Bangkok. My seat recline did not work for both connecting flights (Manila-Kuwait and Kuwait-UK). Again my IFE was not working. I noticed when leaving the plane flight staff were not friendly at all. As courtesy when leaving the plane I always say thank you to the staff and the response I received was a head nod. With all these bad experiences the positivity I can offer is that Kuwait Airways do take care in feeding their passengers. We must have been fed every 2 hours and the food was nice. To that I give credit to them. With that being said I don't think I'll be flying with this airline again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th April 2015