Kuwait Airways

Review by (India) 14th June 2015

The flight was good but was outdated, the entertainment system was not working in some seats. The food was great and the crew friendly. It was good value for money.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteNew York to Chennai via Kuwait

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 27th April 2015

Flew on a Boeing 777-200ER (9K-AOB). The aircraft cabin shows its age and IFE exists but is luck whether switched on or not. In my case it was on movies were in a loop system and I was so excited it was working but sadly the audio did not work. There is no point of offering good quality headsets if the IFE audio doesn't work at all. Food was of excellent quality but less portion (Ordered a vegan meal without dairy products). The cabin staff 12 of 13 were only men on this flight and service was just fair and whatever meets with minimum requirements. There is an exception of the occasional friendly crew who is nice and pleasant. Would I recommend it again? Yes! But please calculate your trips so that you fly the newer aircraft and your experience will be pleasant and enjoyable.

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 27th April 2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 23rd April 2015

LHR-JFK JFK-LHR. 777 both flights. Knew what to expect from previous reviews but mainly all I cared about was that I got there and without problems which I did. However IFE not working on either leg and neither were most other passengers. This would be ok if their phone policy was that it needed to be switched off for the duration yet I saw flight attendants using theirs. Seats had a fair bit of legroom and reclined however were quite hard. Food better than expected and quite a bit of it. Cabin crew did a lot of drink runs but be aware that they do not offer alcohol. If you can get a good price with this airline I would say it's worth it but I'm unsure if I would fly again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 23rd April 2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th April 2015

Flew to Manila via Kuwait and Bangkok. Firstly our flight was delayed by an hour at Heathrow Airport. This didn't bother us too much at the time as we had no sleep the previous night so were happy to sleep off the delay and it also meant less waiting time at Kuwait for our connecting flight. Secondly my husband and I felt like we were back in the 90's with the state the plane was in. IFE was provided using very old dated TV's and my TV for all legs of the journey was not working. Next and this had to be the icing on the cake our flight from Kuwait to Manila was delayed by 8 hours! Thankfully we were provided food and a hotel room. We had to contact our relatives in Manila to cancel all plans made for us as instead of arriving at 4pm we would be arriving at midnight. On the way back from Manila to UK our flight was again delayed. We spent over an hour in the waiting lounge in Manila and another hour or so on the plane in Bangkok. My seat recline did not work for both connecting flights (Manila-Kuwait and Kuwait-UK). Again my IFE was not working. I noticed when leaving the plane flight staff were not friendly at all. As courtesy when leaving the plane I always say thank you to the staff and the response I received was a head nod. With all these bad experiences the positivity I can offer is that Kuwait Airways do take care in feeding their passengers. We must have been fed every 2 hours and the food was nice. To that I give credit to them. With that being said I don't think I'll be flying with this airline again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th April 2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th March 2015

Just flown to New York in both business and economy classes. I flew out to New York in business class on a free upgrade so before you read on I didn't pay for this business class flight so the value for money is going to be irrelevant. Kuwait operate their business class seating in a 2-2-2 arrangement. Seating is comfy and the room is spacious with ample arm room and a fairly decent table. As you're seated you're greeted with a drink (orange pineapple and other fruit juices) and some nuts. Note Kuwait is a state owned airline from a Muslim country and therefore don't serve alcohol. The stewardess was very nice always smiled and was happy to help you out with anything. The food on Kuwait was surprisingly good I had a steak which was really good (medium rare) and my two friends had seabass and the other a curry. The only negative I would put is the in-flight entertainment. It basically didn't work and if it did the system was very outdated. To give you a picture think of a gameboy screen which folds out from your chair arm with poor choice of film and basic screen resolution. I've seen other people complain the aircraft is outdated which it is however I found it to be almost a positive giving a vintage feel. I couldn't give you the price of a business class ticket however I assume it wouldn't be quite as expensive as most airlines however still over £1000. Would I pay for a business class ticket with Kuwait? despite its qualities probably not mostly because of the weak qualities in differentiating itself with economy in contrast to the values of ticket prices. My flight home with Kuwait was with economy. I have to admit I was dreading this flight however I was pleasantly shocked. Kuwait's economy seating arrangement is 3-3-3 in comparison to most major airlines 3-4-3. This gives economy seating on Kuwait that little more legroom than most other airlines. In fact this economy flight was probably one of the best economy flights I've been on in terms of value for money. The food was good and although the cabin crew were a little on the blunt side they did their jobs efficiently. Again the in-flight entertainment was awful however I had my Ipad so entertainment wasn't an issue.

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th March 2015

Review by (Australia) 28th January 2015

Flew from London to New York. Check-in was quick and were able to get me an exit row aisle seat so I was happy. The flight was delayed leaving about an hour late without much interaction with the customers. Walking into the plane it looked like it was stuck in the 70's/80's. Thought it was retro but then the inflight entertainment was a disaster. They didn't offer earphones or blankets you had to ask for them which I thought was a bit weird. Food service was quick food not the best though! The best of it all though was the friendliness and the interaction with children on the plane. The air steward in front of me was playing games with the child across the aisle from me during landing whilst seated. Little things like that made it a bit more fun. Other than that you get what you paid for. Cheap flight cheap plane.