Best Cabin Crew

Kuwait Airways

"indifference to passenger needs"

Mumbai to New York JFK and back with Kuwait Airways - I'm really disappointed to say that although they are quite reasonably priced, the quality of product and service offered is poor. No inflight entertainment, no staff assistance, no reading lights. The crew were outright rude and they literally bark at customers. It was a horrible experience - I'd rather not travel if I can't afford another airline. It looked like the crew did not like their job - you cannot be in a service industry and observe this kind of indifference to passenger needs.
RouteBOM to JFK via KWI
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"cheapest flight available"

Kuala Lumpur to New York JFK via Kuwait. My thoughts on Kuwait Airways are pretty mixed. The cheapest flight available from Kuala Lumpur to JFK (about $390 one way) which is a big pro in my opinion but it also explains why the airline sucks in so many other ways - staff were friendly, we missed the connection in Kuwait and were put in decent hotel for the night. However, no working in flight entertainment on either of the flights, very little leg room (though one flight was rather empty and I could lie down). Since my connection to JFK was missed and I had to fly the next day, I missed by bus connection to Pittsburgh from JFK. Kuwait Airways would not even consider reimbursing, even though the flight was a day late and the bus fee was minimal. Give yourself at least a day in between your ETA and your next flight if you are using a different airline for your next flight, or else you will be screwed and Kuwait Airways won't help. You'll also lose any money you thought you were saving from going with this cheap airline.
RouteKUL to JFK via KWI
Date FlownDecember 2015

"not travel with them again"

Condition of the Kuwait Airways aircraft from London to Kuwait was disgraceful for an international airline. I could not recline the seat, entertainment system did not work, reading light was burnt out. Seat was compacted like a sandwich. From Kuwait to Colombo, shortly after take off we had an emergency landing in a remote airport in Dubai. We were stranded for over 15 hours with hamburgers. Passengers including young families and old people were treated with contempt as we have become a burden to them. No one took responsibility for our welfare left on the hard seats of the airport until they were ready. Aircraft was not airworthy and they decided to replace it with another aircraft from Kuwait to continue the flight to Colombo. I would not travel with them again.
RouteLHR to CMB via KWI
Date FlownJuly 2015

"polite attentive crew"

(Thailand)

Bangkok to Manila return. Service was quite good with a full meal service both ways and polite attentive crew. The planes were near new A330's and both flights were on time. The entertainment system had a large selection of movies, TV and music.
RouteBKK to MNL
Date FlownDecember 2015

"would fly with them again"

(Italy)

My flight was from Rome to Bangkok with stops in Kuwait and I was due to fly an old A340. Instead, they are replacing many aircraft and in my journey I found myself with the A330-200 which are just six months old. The food was normal and pleasant staff. If I only base myself on this experience I would fly with them again.
RouteFCO to BKK via KWI

"a seven hour delay"

We, four pensioners, experienced a seven hour delay from Heathrow on Kuwait Airways, with times of departure constantly moving backwards. We arrived in JFK, missed our onwards travel mode and spend two full days recovering. The plane was old, no TV'S, no snack service, even worse no alcohol. If I was flying around the Middle East fair enough but London to New York. No response to emails, no one answering the phone at their customer services so I'm really in the mood to give these a blank for everything, (I can't). I understand the service KU101 is frequently late, has poor service and expect a cattle truck mentality.
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"never recommend this airline"

I travelled from New York JFK to Kuwait via London return in Nov. 2015. The flight was disgusting with no in flight TV service working; not even the airshow map. I had to turn my own timer on Iphone in order to keep a track of how many hours are left to destination. The food was poor and no snacks were provided in the long flight. The crew did not provide any blankets and kept saying that they do not have enough blankets for every passenger. The crew was also rude. The seats were very uncomfortable. I would never recommend this airline on this route. It seemed as if I was travelling in a 1960 aircraft.
RouteJKF tpo KWI via LHR

"everything was wrong"

London Heathrow to New York JFK with Kuwait Airways and everything was wrong! Flight was delayed both ways, with no communication as to when we would be leaving. The security was slack to say the least. The inflight entertainment didn't work, seat was broken so didn't go back so was completely upright. Staff were rude and abrupt and they never checked if seat belts were on.
Date FlownNovember 2015

"all 3 of us were separated"

I will never choose to fly with Kuwait Airways again. The flight was horrible. I was travelling with my 2 year old who was scared to sit on his own seat, so when I asked the cabin crew for another seatbelt she said "he has to sit on his own, sorry". After a lot of explaining finally we were given another seatbelt. The staff were rude on both our flights. I don't understand the point of providing 'in-flight entertainment magazines' when their screens never work. The in-flight entertainment doesn't exist. Meals were horrible, no options because they ran out. On our return flight we did online check-in as we were travelling with a child but as we got to the boarding gates we were told our seats had been changed and all 3 of us were separated. How is it possible that an airline crew doesn't know if a child is travelling with an adult when the seats were already booked? How is it possible to leave a 2 year old on his own among strangers? When we asked the crew to seat us together they weren't bothered at all instead they said "sit in the given seats and once we take off we will sort your seats" we refused and sorted it by swapping seats with another passenger. Awful. Absolutely awful.
RouteLondon to Cochin via Kuwait
Date FlownNovember 2015

"dreading the flight home"

Flew from Heathrow to JFK in mid October. The food was quite tasty and the flight staff were mostly friendly. Seats were fine, comfortable enough for economy. The price was reasonable, GBP355 return. The flight was delayed by 5 hours. The staff member who checked us in didn't tell us - we had to go back and ask after realising we'd been given £15 food vouchers without any explanation The staff member who was directing passengers to the gate was incredibly rude and condescending - especially to customers whose first language was not English. The inflight entertainment system did not work (this looked to be the case for over 90% of the passengers onboard). One of the male stewards singled me out for special attention throughout the flight (bringing the drinks cart to me first, dropping off treats at random times), which was nice enough at first but got a bit uncomfortable as the flight went on. Overall I would not recommend this airline, and dreading the flight home, put a bit of a dampener on the holiday.
Date FlownOctober 2015