Kuwait Airways

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to JFK via Kuwait. Worst customer service. I didn't get a blanket even though I was feeling very cold and on requesting - I was told first older peoples would get and finally I was told all blankets are over. Coming to food I am a vegetarian and cabin crew ran out of vegetarian food and were asking me to try other options as they don't have vegetarian food. When I insisted I don't want non vegetarian food then after half an hour when everyone finished their meal they gave me vegetarian meal and that too it was very very limited quantity. Same thing applies to soft drinks. Very cheap and unprofessional staff. You have to tell them 2-3 times at least if you need anything be it water or any other help.
RouteMumbai to JFK via Kuwait
Date FlownMay 2018

"the service was top notch"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | This was my first ever time I flew with Kuwait Airways or through Kuwait Airport. Since this is a review of the aircraft and its services, I shall highlight that here. To begin with, before flying this airline - I had read reviews online not too favorable - however I was blown away the moment I stepped into the flight KU 411 flying to Bangkok on 08 May 2018. Yes, the aircraft was new and only showcased where Kuwait is redesigning itself from its old tired image. The branding, the uniforms of the crew and most importantly the spacious economy class seats - wow! I never expected this and the service was top notch. The crew who served me were very gracious, very presentable and attended to everyone's needs. On-board entertainment - the screen were huge for economy class and the choice on the in-flight entertainment was pretty decent - a wider variety would be perfect! In-flight food - the food was decent and you are given a good dose of refills of beverage to your delight. The restroom/toilet space was my only concern - may be KU accepted giving more space and comfort on its new flights - compromising on the size of the rest rooms - its a bit tight once you in - but hey if you are smart - look for the toilets built for the disabled - its a pretty decent size - in the mid section of the plane. Overall, I would give a big thumps up to Kuwait Airways and hope you build on this from here.
RouteKuwait to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2018

"friendly and competent staff"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Rome via Kuwait. I have already flown with Kuwait Airways and I think I'll book even for this winter. New Aircraft, on time, friendly and competent staff both onboard and on the ground. And the Dasman Lounge in Kuwait airport is a real pleasure to spend time on coincidence. Restaurant-bar "fornitissimo", smoking-room inside where they offer you Arabian coffee, efficient wifi, clean bathrooms as not seen at other airports. There are no alcoholic beverages but on long trips you have to hydrate yourself with water.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER / A330-200
RouteBangkok to Rome via Kuwait
Date FlownMarch 2018

"airline is not worth the money"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to New York via Kuwait. The flight was 2 hours late coming into JFK, 6 hour layover in Kuwait airport going and 18 hour layover on Kuwait coming back. Flight was delayed by another 2.5half hours at Kuwait airport. Total 20.5 hours. Seems like the crew is not trained to help customers with the connecting flights and I experienced further delays so I missed my connecting flight. Also they do two stopovers coming from Mumbai, but you are told only about one. They jerk you and are not truthful about who to contact to try to help you. At JFK airport the Kuwait Airways staff said they are not responsible for me missing my flight, even though the flight was late. Kuwait airport has only two stores and they are very expensive compared to the USA. The amount of layovers and delays with this airline is not worth the money saved. You are better off going with another airline.
AircraftKu117
RouteMumbai to New York via Kuwait

"legroom was perfect"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Paris return via Kuwait. The plane in the Manila sectors was amazing, legroom was perfect. The inflight entertainment was good though not the best since I believe it caters more to Middle Eastern Passengers but the library of hollywood movies is still ok. Food is good and better than some airlines. Departure and arrival were on time. The Paris flights uses a different plane, a much older plane. The legroom is less than the Manila flight. The service was still the same though. I'll ride Kuwait Airways again given the chance.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 777-300
RouteParis to Manila via Kuwait
Date FlownApril 2018

"recommend this airline highly"

Trip Verified | London to Manila via Kuwait was possibly one of the best flights we have taken. The plane was quite new, the staff absolutely fabulous, service first class. The legroom adequate, the inflight entertainment excellent. Kuwait airport has a lovely bunch of duty free shops. The fact that it’s an alcohol free flight was quite refreshing actually, no staying up drinking, everyone relaxed. I do drink alcohol, and it was lovely not to on this occasion). We were given blankets, pillows and all done with such professional smiling charm. I would recommend this airline highly.
RouteLondon to Manila via Kuwait
Date FlownApril 2018

"satisfied considering the price"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Istanbul via Kuwait. All flights were on time. Both type of aircrafts (B777-300 and A320) we flew on were newer ones and seats were super comfy in economy. B777-300 had 3-3-3 config and leg space and seats were very good and comfortable. This aspect was better than some other Middle Eastern airlines. Inflight service was okayish. Food experienced was mix one. Food on some legs was very tasty. Overall, satisfied considering the price of the tickets. I would definitely fly them again and would recommend others to do so.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / A320-200
RouteMumbai to Istanbul via Kuwait
Date FlownMarch 2018

"looking forward to flying again"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Kuwait. Excellent service from Kuwait Airways. There were two women from the Kuwait Airways office Dubai that were able to get me onto the flight quite quickly. I would've missed my flight if it wasn't for them. Thanks again and looking forward to flying your carrier again for the future.
RouteDubai to Kuwait

"worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Cochin to New York via Kuwait. The worst customer service and worst experience ever. On my return trip from Cochin to JFK, the plane from Cochin was delayed. This should have made the connecting flight from Kuwait also be delayed so that we would be able to board upon arrival in Kuwait. However, this was not the case since the closed off the gate when we landed in Kuwait. When I had arrived at the terminal, talking to the staff, they said that we weren’t even on the system meaning that they were willing to keep us in Kuwait for a day since Cochin and didn’t just didn’t care. There were six customers inclusive of myself that had to go through this and I was informed that this is done regularly by the airline as one of the customers said this happens to him previously as well. Normally, I wouldn’t really care about this but I took emergency leave from work to attend my Gramdfather’s funeral in India. Having to stay an additional day on emergency leave may make the integrity of leave blurry to my employer especially since I had just joined only a week prior. I have never experienced such a horrible customer service and a lack of care. I will never fly with this horrible airline again.
RouteCochin to New York via Kuwait
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"by far the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Bahrain to Dubai via Kuwait, first time with Kuwait airways and for sure it will be my last time. Most unorganised and unprofessional airline. If you want to delay and spend hours in airports then this is the airline you choose. Had business trip in Bahrain then Kuwait and back to Dubai. BAH-KWI was delayed by 2 hrs a very old A320 dirty and noisy, uncomfortable leather seats, no screens, dirty toilets. Delay without any information and had to spent hours at BAH for a 50 mins flight. KWI-DXB was even worse at the most chaotic airport in Kuwait which is the hub of the airline. Was at the airport at 7:30am for my 9:45am flight the check in counters are the most unorganised and chaotic. Their ground staff are very rude and keep giving wrong information . It was a remote gate and can you imagine checking in 3 flights at the same time from the same gate. Then suddenly they say my flight is delayed while we were at the gate and flight was removed from the screen then had to check with their airline ground staff who are also rude and unprofessional eventually we leave 2 hrs later with a fairly new A330 aircarft seemed clean however Entertainment not the best and didn’t really matter hence a 90 mins flight . Lunch was adequate for the flight however the crew were again arrogant and seems distant and not interested in serving people. I’m a frequent flyer and tried all airlines in the region this is by far the worst airline and most arrogant staff I’ve ever encountered.
AircraftA320 / A330