Kuwait Airways

"wait another 15 hours"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Kuwait. It was just little bit raining that’s why they cancel flight. We were waiting more than 5 hours then they cancel the flight. I have to wait another 15 hours for the next flight. What should I do now since I live very far away from JFK and they didn’t even offer for hotel.
RouteNew York to Kuwait
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"forgot my luggage in Kuwait"

Not Verified | New York to Delhi via Kuwait. Water Bottle not provided in the flight so every time you want to drink water you have to call the flight attendant and she will bring a small glass of water for you. Flight delayed 1.5 Hr and second time it delayed 1/2 hr. They forgot my luggage in Kuwait, though it had a tag of Delhi. They are not picking my call. Vegetarian food is not available, you have to give special order for vegetarian food. Mostly food was halal and pork free. Too much of crowd, if you are travelling in economic class you have to be in a long queue for every check-in boarding. Blanket will be provided to those who ask for it. It was WiFi equipped but paid so I don't know how was the speed. For entertainment it had decent number of nice movies. Movies in english Islamic Hindi but subtitles available only is Arabic. Announcement were mainly in Arabic and English.
RouteNew York to Delhi via Kuwait
Date FlownJuly 2018

"three seats to myself"

Trip Verified | New York to Dubai via Kuwait. Before booking, I had read many reports about the improved Kuwait Airways and unbeatable price. I was unsure what to expect. The check-in was a breeze at JFK and the agent said it was a light flight with about 35-40% load factor. That was surprising being just a day before Eid. Boarding was easy, and the aircraft pushed back 15 min before schedule. JFK-KWI flight, the aircraft very clean and seats comfortable. Legroom was fantastic. I managed to get a window seat and had all the three seats to myself. Rather almost everyone in the aft cabin had 3 seats to themselves. Individual TV screen was very responsive with a decent collection of programming. The crew was friendly and courteous. Menus, blanket, and basic amenity pouch handed out. Food was ok but can improve in quality. Was concerned about the short 45 min connection in Kuwait, but the flight arrived about an hour early. Kuwait airport is medieval and dirty with a few coffees and duty-free shops. Security checks are not centralized but occur at each gate leading to long lines and delays. My KWI-DXB flight (B 777-300 ER) was packed and was delayed more than an hour due to long lines at gate security. The short flight was uneventful and were handed out in a takeaway Iftar meal boxes. So, an in all a rather good flight. Return leg: DXB-KWI (A320) was short and uneventful with breakfast boxes handed out. KWI-JFK via Shannon was painful with an 85% load. Long security lines at the gate in Kuwait. One of the Kuwaiti pax who I chatted with was like - this flight is always delayed. Multiple security checks and verifications. Lotta connecting passengers mostly from South Asia and some of them didn’t know the flight had a stopover at Shannon. Lunch served, and amenity kits handed out. My choice of meal had run out but was nothing great. All pax deplaned at Shannon to go through multiple hellish security points and get back in about 2 hrs. It just gave time to stretch and use the toilets. Cabin crew was cheerful and courteous but I asked for blankets and was told none remain, however at the time of deplaning at JFK found an open overhead bin full of blankets. Verdict: Decent airline but Kuwait airport needs an urgent upgrade. Shannon stop over is painful. Yes, fantastic price, beating some of the major middle east airlines by 35% on this route. If you’re not budget constraint choose a better airline for this route.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteNew York to Dubai via Kuwait
Date FlownJune 2018

"the worst customer care service"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Jeddah via Kuwait. It's the second time within a few months that my connection in Kuwait City could not be reached, due to delay from Frankfurt. Every time I had to stay over night in Kuwait City. The first time I received only a registration number from their customer care service, when I entered my complaint on their website. I asked several times for a response, but they never send me an answer for my first complaint. Currently on 19.06.2018 it was the same situation again. But now then even don't send me a registration number for my second complaint. You have always to fight to get a hotel room for the over night stay in Kuwait. The first time they forced me to share a hotelroom and a double bed with an unfamiliar person. It's the worst customer care service I have ever recognized in my life. I don't expect to receive now any response from them. My advice is, avoid this airline, if you expect an airline with an acting customer care service!
RouteFrankfurt to Jeddah via Kuwait
Date FlownJune 2018

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to JFK via Kuwait. Worst customer service. I didn't get a blanket even though I was feeling very cold and on requesting - I was told first older peoples would get and finally I was told all blankets are over. Coming to food I am a vegetarian and cabin crew ran out of vegetarian food and were asking me to try other options as they don't have vegetarian food. When I insisted I don't want non vegetarian food then after half an hour when everyone finished their meal they gave me vegetarian meal and that too it was very very limited quantity. Same thing applies to soft drinks. Very cheap and unprofessional staff. You have to tell them 2-3 times at least if you need anything be it water or any other help.
RouteMumbai to JFK via Kuwait
Date FlownMay 2018

"the service was top notch"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | This was my first ever time I flew with Kuwait Airways or through Kuwait Airport. Since this is a review of the aircraft and its services, I shall highlight that here. To begin with, before flying this airline - I had read reviews online not too favorable - however I was blown away the moment I stepped into the flight KU 411 flying to Bangkok on 08 May 2018. Yes, the aircraft was new and only showcased where Kuwait is redesigning itself from its old tired image. The branding, the uniforms of the crew and most importantly the spacious economy class seats - wow! I never expected this and the service was top notch. The crew who served me were very gracious, very presentable and attended to everyone's needs. On-board entertainment - the screen were huge for economy class and the choice on the in-flight entertainment was pretty decent - a wider variety would be perfect! In-flight food - the food was decent and you are given a good dose of refills of beverage to your delight. The restroom/toilet space was my only concern - may be KU accepted giving more space and comfort on its new flights - compromising on the size of the rest rooms - its a bit tight once you in - but hey if you are smart - look for the toilets built for the disabled - its a pretty decent size - in the mid section of the plane. Overall, I would give a big thumps up to Kuwait Airways and hope you build on this from here.
RouteKuwait to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2018

"friendly and competent staff"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Rome via Kuwait. I have already flown with Kuwait Airways and I think I'll book even for this winter. New Aircraft, on time, friendly and competent staff both onboard and on the ground. And the Dasman Lounge in Kuwait airport is a real pleasure to spend time on coincidence. Restaurant-bar "fornitissimo", smoking-room inside where they offer you Arabian coffee, efficient wifi, clean bathrooms as not seen at other airports. There are no alcoholic beverages but on long trips you have to hydrate yourself with water.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER / A330-200
RouteBangkok to Rome via Kuwait
Date FlownMarch 2018

"airline is not worth the money"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to New York via Kuwait. The flight was 2 hours late coming into JFK, 6 hour layover in Kuwait airport going and 18 hour layover on Kuwait coming back. Flight was delayed by another 2.5half hours at Kuwait airport. Total 20.5 hours. Seems like the crew is not trained to help customers with the connecting flights and I experienced further delays so I missed my connecting flight. Also they do two stopovers coming from Mumbai, but you are told only about one. They jerk you and are not truthful about who to contact to try to help you. At JFK airport the Kuwait Airways staff said they are not responsible for me missing my flight, even though the flight was late. Kuwait airport has only two stores and they are very expensive compared to the USA. The amount of layovers and delays with this airline is not worth the money saved. You are better off going with another airline.
AircraftKu117
RouteMumbai to New York via Kuwait

"legroom was perfect"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Paris return via Kuwait. The plane in the Manila sectors was amazing, legroom was perfect. The inflight entertainment was good though not the best since I believe it caters more to Middle Eastern Passengers but the library of hollywood movies is still ok. Food is good and better than some airlines. Departure and arrival were on time. The Paris flights uses a different plane, a much older plane. The legroom is less than the Manila flight. The service was still the same though. I'll ride Kuwait Airways again given the chance.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 777-300
RouteParis to Manila via Kuwait
Date FlownApril 2018

"recommend this airline highly"

Trip Verified | London to Manila via Kuwait was possibly one of the best flights we have taken. The plane was quite new, the staff absolutely fabulous, service first class. The legroom adequate, the inflight entertainment excellent. Kuwait airport has a lovely bunch of duty free shops. The fact that it’s an alcohol free flight was quite refreshing actually, no staying up drinking, everyone relaxed. I do drink alcohol, and it was lovely not to on this occasion). We were given blankets, pillows and all done with such professional smiling charm. I would recommend this airline highly.
RouteLondon to Manila via Kuwait