Vote Now

Kuwait Airways

"overall experience was good"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Delhi via Kuwait. The aircraft (Boeing 777) were new and very comfortable. Earlier, I had gone through reviews about KU and was tense for its timings and food. However, the food is good, the flights were on time or even before time. Toilets were clean. The overall experience with Kuwait Airways was good.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A320
RouteNew York to Delhi via Kuwait
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"for the price it did the job"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Jeddah via Kuwait. Cheap and very cheerful. For the price it did the job and the total delay was only two hours by the end of the trip. The A340 is dated, worn seats, military coloured seats, non functioning entertainment system, smelly toilets, dirty toilets, no soap in toilets. No corporate identity. Military style cabin crew on second leg, first leg just lazy staff who did their best to avoid work. Minimal information. Haphazard connection in Kuwait probably because we had to get back on the exact same dirty aeroplane which caused congestion at Gate 22. Positives were smooth landings both legs. No corporate ambience music to irritate. Use if desperate - I paid GBP 380 for a single 24 hours prior.
RouteBKK to JED via KWI
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"food was awful and tasteless"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Ahmedabad via Kuwait with Kuwait Airways. The worst traveling experience I've had. The 12 hour flight was like hell. My seat didn't recline at all and the on board service was one of the worst of its kind. The food was awful and tasteless. The crew was arrogant and intentionally unhelpful. No onboard entertainment which made the journey more cumbersome. Would never pick this airline for any further travel.
RouteJFK to AMD via KWI
Date FlownDecember 2016

"would fly again with them"

Verified Review | Munich to Islamabad return via Kuwait. Every thing was smooth, I was carrying even a bit extra weight and they allowed this. Since I had a delay of one day they gave me complementary hotel, and I relaxed in Kuwait before my flight to Islamabad. The flight was on time and everything worked fine. The food is good quality and the leg space was also good since I am around 6ft tall. The return flight was also great, delayed around 1.5 hours but staff was quiet communicative and explained the situation. I will recommend it and would fly again with them.
AircraftA330 / A320
RouteMUC to ISB via KWI
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"the worst flying experience"

Verified Review | I flew Business Class from New York-Kuwait-Ahmedabad return with Kuwait Airways. These flights were the worst flights I've ever taken, and I travel internationally several times a year for the past 20 years. The misery started right after takeoff. I normally take Business class because due to a herniated disc I'm unable to sit up for long periods of time, and need to lie down when my back starts to hurt. However, these seats didn't recline all the way - they only reclined as much as a standard Economy seat. As this seat didn't recline fully, I suffered for the majority of my flight on both ways. There was no personal inflight entertainment for entirety of international flight in either direction, which is practically unheard of in today's era of flying, especially in Business Class. While entertainment was shown in the cabin-top screens, the headphones provided did not work and crew was unable to get the headphones to work, so no entertainment was available for me for either segment of my flight. Food from JFK to Kuwait was atrocious - I was provided just boiled veggies, which was tasteless, soggy and practically inedible, and the crew did not have any other vegetarian option. This is the only time when the return flight was marginally better, as the food was at least edible this time. I can say without a doubt this was the worst flying experience of my life, and it happened in Business Class.
RouteAMD to JFK via KWI

"lots of confusion"

Verified Review | Flew Kuwait Airways from New York JFK to Bangalore via Kuwait. Really poor service with old planes. The personal TVs don't work. On long flights one would imagine that they would ensure that the TVs work. Their boarding procedures are very unorganized. Lots of confusion. Also the cabin crew arrived late.
RouteJFK to BLR via KWI
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"very satisfied of my flights"

(Kuwait)

Verified Review | I travelled Kuwait Airways for the first time last week as they have opened a route between Kuwait and Paris. The seats in business class are very confortable, the service was exceptional (it's a dry airline) and there were no delay. The crew were very welcoming and professional. One thing was missing during the flight, an amenity kit. Compared to other major gulf carriers, Kuwait Airways has to improve for sure. I was very satisfied of my flights with them and would recommand to fly with them.
RouteKWI to CDG
Date FlownDecember 2016

"a lot delays and poor service"

Verified Review | Cheap price, but it is not worth it. You pay a cheap fare for the ticket which comes with a lot delays and poor service. I flew from Canada to London Heathrow with Air Canada and from London Heathrow to Dhaka via Kuwait. All flights were delayed, the service was very bad and the cabin crew didn't reply to questions. Kuwait Airways did not have much inflight entertainment or blankets. The food was good though. From Kuwait to Dhaka the flight was simply disaster, a 4 hour delay where I was waiting onboard the plane for 2.5 hours. On my return to Canada, the flight from Dhaka was delayed for 4 hours which made me miss my all connecting flights. I had to stay in a hotel in Kuwait for 14 hours and they wanted me to share a room with someone else. If you refuse the answer will be simply, go and wait at the airport. Overall, they don't seem to care about their customers.
RouteLHR to DAC via KWI
Date FlownAugust 2016

"will never fly Kuwait Airways"

Verified Review | I had an e-ticket for the flight from New York JFK to Bangalore via Kuwait for Sunday Oct 30th. On reaching the airport, after a 2 hour cab ride, I was told that the flights schedule had been changed to Mondays. They told me its no big deal, just come back tomorrow. There were 19 other ticket holders like me at the airport holding their heads in their hands in disbelief. I had a long discussion with Kuwait Airways at JFK and they assured me I could take the same flight the next day, however the next day I was told that there was no 2nd leg from Kuwait to Bangalore. I ended up initiating a cancellation after talking to Kuwait customer service and I was assured a cancellation would result in a complete refund of fare. Its been 15 days and I haven't received my refund. I had to buy a new ticket for $800 at the last min and fly via Etihad so I would not miss another day of work. I was never notified of this schedule change and my multiple emails to them have come back with no response. Its like screaming at a wall. Trust me, you deserve better. I will never fly Kuwait Airways.
RouteJFK to BLR via KWI
Date FlownOctober 2016

"think twice before buying a ticket"

Verified Review | Madras to New York JFK return via Kuwait was my first time flying with Kuwait airways. The flight from Madras to Kuwait return (A340) was okay compared to the flight from Kuwait to New York return on a B747. There is no working in flight entertainment system for the flight to and fro NY though they had a small screen in front. Bad/broken seats, some of the staff are quite rude. The KWI-JFK flight landing at Shannon (Ireland) Airport came as a surprise for many of my co-passengers since it wasn't clearly mentioned in the ticket that there would be a stop in Dublin. There was also a delay in the flight from KWI-JFK. The passengers weren't explained why there was a delay. Security check done, bus is waiting downstairs, no passengers coming in to the gate, no work for almost 40-50 mins approx. I supposed they were waiting to pickup few other passengers from their other destinations and flights may have been delayed. There were no restrooms after the security check within the gate. Some of them were waiting to use the restroom at the flight. Since the flight was delayed, if they should use the restroom outside the lounge area of the gate they had to go through the whole process again. It caused big inconvenience to many. I think the flight is pretty much okay of it is your first time to fly and Kuwait Airways is your first ever company that you are flying with. For frequent fliers or for those who had already flown with other airlines it's a nightmare, at least to JFK which is their only destination in the US. Unlike their other services, exceptionally their food was good. Think twice before buying a ticket with them.
RouteJFK to MAA via KWI