Best Cabin Crew

Kulula

"crew smart, outstandingly friendly"

For a lowcost airline, Kulula has a very good product. Liked that baggage is included. The airplane was clean and the crew was smart, outstandingly friendly and very funny. They made so many jokes I primarily thought i wasn't flying but in a comedy show. Very impressive and still professional. Certainly recommended.
RouteJohannesburg to George
Date FlownAugust 2015

"not recommend due to seating"

(South Africa)

I flew Kulula from Johannesburg to East London return. I don't think I have ever been so uncomfortable on an aircraft and I have flown on numerous low cost airlines before. The seating is dreadful. The crew on the outbound flight were not too friendly, but a lot better on the return. I would not recommend Kulula due to the seating. They could remove one row to try to be a little more competitive.
RouteJohannesburg to East London
Date FlownSeptember 2015

Kulula customer review

My recent return trip from JNB to DUR, MN603 and MN612, respectively, was punctual and uneventful. While the seats were a little cramped, I couldn't complain since it was a budget airline. Service was good and I especially enjoyed the jokes made by the flight attendants during their announcements.
RouteJNB to DUR
Date FlownJune 2015

Kulula customer review

Flight JNB to CPT and return a few days later. Full planes on time clean and friendly staff. What more do you need?

(South Africa)

I was booked on flight MN595 from Lanseria to King Shaka Airport Durban on Wed 30th March to urgently get to Durban. We were due to leave at 2.40 which would have given me sufficient time. I had to take annual leave in order to be at the airport on time and then when it was time for our flight there was not a plane in sight. Some passengers had been sitting there since 10 am that morning. I finally after a 7 or 8 hour delay arrived at King Shaka Airport at approximately 10.30 that night and then had to try and find a shuttle. Never again!

(South Africa)

I was booked for a flight at 18.10 on 1/4/2014 giving me sufficient time to be in time for my nieces wedding at 8.00. My flight was delayed 3 times and finally only left ORT at 8.40 needless to say I missed the wedding. Kulula did nothing to compensate us for the inconvenience we suffered. I will never fly with them again.

Kulula customer review

Through entirely my own fault I arrived at the check-in desk 20 minutes before take off which was clearly too late to drop off my luggage and board. I was expecting to buy entirely new tickets but instead they only charged me R35 to go on the next plane 50 minutes later! Service was excellent on the plane too and we actually arrived 10 minutes early at my destination. Won't hesitate to fly them again!

(South Africa)

We travelled with Kulula as our local flight to ORT for our onward international flight. Flight was on time and the plane was full and a bit stuffy. At the time that we booked the prices were quite expensive. Flight was ok.

(Uganda)

Just flew Cape Town to Durban and was impressed. When I arrived the computer system was down and was told to return an hour later as they were dealing with the earlier Johannesburg check in manually. When I returned the computers were back and we had usual check in. All staff friendly plane only 20 mins late 20kg or free checked luggage plane clean and new luggage out right after arrival only gripe was limited seat space I'm 183cm so its a usual problem. For the price I am happy and would fly them again.

Kulula customer review

Cape Town to Johannesburg Lanseria on 03 Jan 2013. Flight was supposed to leave at 15.50. Received an SMS that the flight had been delayed to 18.00 then further delayed to 20.00. When I arrived at the airport to check in told that the flight was delayed until 00.45. No information coming out of the Kulula desk other than mixed reports. The only compensation we received was a meal voucher. Flight further delayed until 01.30 in the morning. The Kulula desk took our details and assured us there would be a taxi at the other end. When we arrived at Lanseria airport - no taxis in sight. When the 'shuttle' arrived it was a lone taxi driver. At no point did we receive any apology or plausible explanation. On top of that the 'quirky' in-flight announcements were not funny (not at 01.30 in the morning). I will never recommend this airline again.