Korean Air

"service was good as always"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Flew Korean Air from Seoul Incheon to Nadi. The service was good as always. The flight takes almost 10 hours and the flight attendants did a really good job for the whole flight. Service in Incheon airport is good as always. The food was pretty good. The drinks were served frequently. Airplanes were new and clean on both ways. Seats are as comfortable as they can be in Economy class. The movie choice in IFE is not so great, but acceptable. Had a pleasant flight.
RouteSeoul Incheon to Nadi
Date FlownAugust 2017

"the meaning of customer service"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | My husband, grandson and myself recently flew Auckland to London return via Seoul. We had made this trip on Korean Air on two previous occasions, and once again enjoyed the complimentary night's accomodation at the 5 star Grand Hyatt at Incheon, which also included a delicious dinner and breakfast. Korean Air is a most generous airline, in terms of legroom in their economy class and the overnight stopover they provide on the Auckland to London flight. What particularly impressed us this trip was the trouble the ground staff went to locate and then hand deliver the wallet my grandson left onboard the aircraft when we landed in Seoul on the homeward leg. It was only when we checked in for the last leg of the flight to Auckland, after a three day stopover in Seoul that he mentioned the wallet was missing. The young lady at check in made a series of phone calls, located the wallet and arranged for it to be delivered to the departure lounge. Korean Air certainly understand the meaning of customer service.
RouteLondon to Auckland via Seoul
Date FlownAugust 2017

"crew were very attentive"

Verified Review | Beijing to Washington via Seoul. From helpful ground staff to the inflight service I cannot praise this airline enough. I was surprised by the amount of legroom in economy, I'm 6ft but I still had a couple inches of legroom. The food was excellent with the flight from Seoul to Dulles getting two full meal services with real cutlery. The crew were very attentive and active throughout most of the flight, going through the cabin to collect trash and see if the passengers needed anything. The one downside is the amount of entertainment compared to Emirates but the movies they did have were superb and the IFE was very responsive. I will be using this airline again in the future.
RouteBeijing to Washington via Seoul
Date FlownJuly 2017

"flight crew was excellent"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Seoul to Rome. Check-in staff courteous and helpful, particularly with seat allocation and check-in of baggage through to my ultimate destination. Queue at check-in long so the wait time was quite long. The service by the flight crew was excellent - friendly and courteous. Food choices were good (three mains) but the Korean meal (spicy octopus) was a little too spicy and I would have preferred a bibimbap. The plane was well maintained, clean and fairly new.
RouteSeoul to Rome
Date FlownJune 2017

"best four flights I have ever been on"

Verified Review | My wife and I flew to London and returned with Korean Air from Sydney via Seoul, Incheon. KAL was the best value ticket available and included a complimentary night in Incheon on the outward leg of our journey. The quality of the accomodation was 5 star and beyond expectation. In total we had four flights two on Airbus 350 and one on a 747 and one on the A380. The Airbus are all newer aircraft and offer an exceptional flying experience. The 747 was noisier, but the cabin had been retro fitted to a consistent level of quality. The seats in economy are a calm blue or brown colour, are the widest I have experienced in economy and offered ample leg room for my 6ft 2 frame, even when fully reclined. There are no obtrusive underseat boxes. The touch screen inflight entertainment screens are large and offer a cosmopolitan selection which although not as big as some, has something for everyone. Every seat has a point where you can charge your devices, but there is no wifi in economy. There were little bottles of water and headsets on the seats pre boarding. The crew are all impeccably presented in a beautiful cream and green uniform that is a nod to Korean celadon ceramic wear. The food is exceptional if you like the Korean option with the signature dish of bibimbap and doesn't even look like airline food. The western choices are more standard airline presentation. Our son received child's meals and these were colourful and provided a variety of healthy items and sugary treats to suit all levels of fussy. The children's headsets are so cool I was jealous. The boarding procedure was straightforward and we were priority boarded ex Seoul due to travelling with children. The toilets in economy contain high quality branded toiletries and were kept meticulously clean on all flights with crew stationed outside through the quiet times of the flight. The crew themselves were highly professional and had good English. They were attentive to call bells and helpful when asked questions. They are impressively patient with passengers who misunderstand cabin protocol or ignore the seatbelt signs and manage the safety in a charming and caring way, rather than a bossy aggressive manner that can occur on western airlines. On the A380 there is an actual duty free shop at the rear. I have no complaints whatsoever. These were the best four flights that I have ever been on, comparing similar long haul experiences on JAL, ANA, BA, Singapore Airlines and Thai. I believe that the quality is similar to Cathay Pacific but I like their uniform and Korean service style slightly more. ** Asked for ticket
RouteLondon to Sydney via Seoul
Date FlownJune 2017

"provided best possible service"

Verified Review | Sydney to Toronto via Seoul. Korean Air is one of the best airlines I have travelled with and provided us best possible service. The food, cleanness, service is impeccable and highly recommend. Looking forward to fly them again on 28 June 2017 but this time from Vancouver to Sydney!
RouteSydney to Toronto via Seoul
Date FlownJune 2017

"The legroom is remarkable"

Verified Review | Toronto to Sydney via Seoul Incheon. This was the return leg from Canada. On the 2 outbound and 2 return legs each aircraft economy class was full. The aircraft were clean and in good condition - everything worked. The legroom is remarkable. For a 183cm person I had 10cm of space between my knees and the seat in front - even when it was reclined. Both aircraft on the return had touch-screen IFE, however, the limited choices are a minus. For some reason, the route taken by Korean Air seems afflicted by frequent turbulence. This results in a loud tone when the seat belt sign is illuminated and an announcement, and a second tone when it's switched off. This is very disturbing when one is trying to sleep. Another annoyance with this airline is its lack of enforcement of the cabin baggage rules. In the boarding lounge, many passengers have up to 3 bags resulting in lack of space in the aircraft overhead bins. It was interesting to see the cavernous bins on the 787. The food on both legs was passable with the exception of a beef and pasta offering. The beef was fatty, the pasta stuck to the base of the foil container and the beans and carrots mushy. The cabin on the ICN-SYD was freezing - well, not quite, but it couldn't have been more than 17C. Observing the other passengers, at least 95% were wrapped in the provided blankets. On the three preceeding Korean Air flights I was comfortable in jeans and long-sleeve business shirt, But I had to put on my jacket and wrap up in an blanket also. Two complaints to a cabin attendant made no change. The flight lef Incheon 30 minutes late but landed in Sydney 3 minutes ahead of schedule.
AircraftBoeing 787 / 777-300
RouteToronto to Sydney via Seoul Incheon

"Excellent service provided"

Verified Review | Mumbai to Seoul Incheon with Korean Air, Flight was in time, and the food served during flight is very delicious. Excellent service provided by cabin crew and I found the ground service is the best. Good inflight entertainment.
RouteMumbai to Seoul Incheon
Date FlownMay 2017

"never take Korean Air anymore"

Verified Review | Singapore to Seoul return. I will never take Korean Air anymore. Departing from Singapore there was no issue. But when I want to return to from Incheon Airport, their ground staff was rude. I reached airport 3 hour before departing, when I would like to enter to the queue for check-in / boarding pass, the ground staff was asking what passport are we holding, if it's not Singapore Passport should go for self check-in machine. We tried the self-check-in machine before but failed, due to first name & family name on the ticket not exactly as per passport, and the ground staff refer us to another queue for help desk. But when turn to me, the help desk guy doesn't want to help and refer me to back to the first counter (which is priority for SG Passport). When I questioned why he can't help, his answer is : those Korean queue behind of me might have urgent matter than me, so he should assist them first! This is principle of queuing? Even through he assist to get my boarding pass done at the end, this is worst memory and I will never take this airline anymore.
RouteSeoul to Singapore

"leg room was the best"

Verified Review | Seoul to Brisbane. Excellent service including check-in and cabin. Economy seat leg room was the best I have found on an international airline. Cabin staff in economy were most attentive to the needs of the passengers and very courteous. Food was excellent with good choices. Toilets were kept clean.
RouteSeoul to Brisbane