Korean Air

"absence of footrest in economy"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to New York via Seoul-Incheon. The aircraft was in excellent condition. The cabin was clean and smelling good and seats had ample leg room. IFE was okay but has limited selection. Food was above average but could taste better. Cabin crew are kind and warm but could've been more attentive to needs, as there was a point they stop delivering drinks (you know how it gets too dry in the throat during long-haul flights). My biggest concern with my flight was the absence of footrest in economy seats and perhaps the biggest factor why I'll rather fly Asiana in my next trip.
RouteManila to New York via Seoul-Incheon
Date FlownMarch 2018

"would fly Korean Air again"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Business class from Singapore to Seoul. We checked-in from terminal 4, there is an exclusive area in the lounge for first class passengers,. Food was below average, flight service and smile was good, IFE was acceptable, camera onboard was acceptable, and the seat was extremely comfortable on this 6 hour flight. I was disappointed though that no amenity kit was provided on this red-eye flight. We arrived at terminal 2 in Incheon airport where the experience was extremely positive for us compared to terminal 1. I would definitely fly Korean Air again. However, unfortunately they do not have routes to the Middle East.
RouteSingapore to Seoul
Date FlownMay 2018

"I would fly with KE again"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Osaka via Seoul. The leg room was impressive, I am 6'1 and can sit comfortably. Meal service was great. Crew was warm and with smiles. The only thing is that the In-flight entertainment system, compare to CX and NZ, the choices of the movies were limited. Nevertheless, I would fly with KE again for sure.
AircraftBoeing 777-200/300
RouteAuckland to Osaka via Seoul
Date FlownApril 2018

"not use this airline again"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Seoul to Tokyo Narita. I use my mom's credit card to buy my flight ticket. But, When I was check in at the counter in Incheon, They required me to show my mom's credit card, if not I need to buy a new ticket again (refund for old ticket). Because I study in Seoul and my mom is in Thailand, it is impossible to show them. But, I asked other friends who also use their's parents card to buy, they doent need to show the card. So it is kinda confuse me. Also, The flight was delay for 1 hour too Anyways, I really hate this process and it quite annoying, I will not use this airline again in the future.
RouteSeoul to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownApril 2018

"the food was below par"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Seoul. Flight arrived either early or on time. However, I had selected my seats for both legs, immediately after I bought the tickets online (via Korean Air website). On both legs, our seats were assigned to worse options. The Singapore-Seoul leg, we were given seats further back on the aircraft. I chose front rows as we didn't have check in luggage and therefore, could clear the airport quicker. The Seoul-Singapore leg, not only were our seats reassigned but we were separated. At the check in counter at the airport, the clerk managed to get us two seats together. However, we were wedged between two other passengers making it a tight squeeze. I had selected two seats together - the aircraft to Seoul had better seat configuration and leg space. While they had 3 options to choose from, the food on both legs was below par. Even low cost carriers give better quality food.
RouteSingapore to Seoul
Date FlownApril 2018

"never recommend flying Korean Air"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Cebu via Seoul. We’ve flown with Korean air before and received services for their 12 hour layover in Incheon without issue. We paid more to book with them this time and now they’re refusing to honour the layover service due to a block out period. We would’ve never booked a flight that has a 12hr layover knowing that there wouldn’t be a layover service. When I tried to call they half listened and kept repeating “no”. I would never recommend flying with Korean Air anymore. It’s really not worth it to pay more to have such a long layover when other airlines have cheaper flights with much shorter layovers. Initially they told us that they offered the services to offset the long layover in comparison to other airlines but now they’ve reneged on that, there’s no benefit to flying with them anymore. If they would’ve been even a bit more polite and accommodating to our concerns, I wouldn’t be writing this review but when I asked them what they would recommend us to do on our 12 hour layover, they said “I don’t know”.
RouteVancouver to Cebu via Seoul
Date FlownApril 2018

"aircraft was new and comfy"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Seoul. The stewardesses were polite, and helpful. I was surprised by the comparative good quality of meals they provided for a less than 3 hour flight from Taipei to Seoul -- with metal cutlery. The aircraft was new and comfy with many entertainment choices. You don't need to beg for pillows or blankets - these were automatically provided to you. Their ground staff in Seoul do need to improve their English skills if they want to attract more international travelers.
RouteTaipei to Seoul
Date FlownMarch 2018

"polite, helpful, and nice"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Beijing. I wanted to say thank you for your wonderful employees at the check-in and help desk. I had a problem with my flight, and they assisted me from start to finish while being polite, helpful, and nice. They made my situation into a less stressful situation.
RouteSeoul to Beijing
Date FlownMarch 2018

"It was a nice experience"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Seattle via Incheon. It was a nice experience, great legroom on economy seats and the recline is pretty good. The food was excellent, I love the Korean Bibimpap they served. The cabin crew really inactive, they were very lazy to clean passenger's trash, although it was in their sight and very obvious. They should also have more bathrooms or let economy passenger use their premium class bathroom because most of the time it was not occupied.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 777-300ER
RouteHo Chi Minh to Seattle via Incheon
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"a pathetic experience"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | It was an international travel from Fukuoka (Japan) to Delhi (India) via Seoul (South Korea) with Korean Air. Due to the bad weather condition, the airline was kept on postponing the estimated time of departure in Fukuoka (Japan) Airport. The flight from Fukuoka to Seoul was 5.30 hours delayed approximately. During that time the staff at Fukuoka airport provided a can of coffee and nothing else. Anyway, I was worried since I needed to board another Korean Air flight from Seoul to Delhi. Unfortunately, I couldn't board that flight. I contacted airlines staff and the staff suggested for me to take the next days flight from Seoul to Delhi. The staff happily showed incapability to provide any lounge/hotel for one night stay as well. I was supposed to reach Seoul in afternoon but landed late evening. I was completely exhausted and hungry also knowing that I needed to spend one night and a day until the afternoon (15 hours approximately) before boarding the flight to Delhi. Now, the flight to Delhi kept being postponed. During this time period, I contacted airport enquiries and tried to contact airline staff but couldn't find the airline staff. The airline didn't provide any food since they didn't bother to contact me at all. Note that the flight which was supposed to take off in the afternoon was finally rescheduled to 20.00 hours approximately which made my spend 24 hours at Incheon Airport (Seoul) approximately. It was indeed a pathetic experience and I was left with no energy. The airline should treat the passenger properly and also provide accommodation if flights are rescheduled. I would definitely not recommended Korean Air to anyone.
RouteFukuoka to Delhi via Seoul