Korean Air

"worst flight I have experienced"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Dallas Ft Worth via Seoul. Absolutely, without a doubt the worst flight that I have experienced in the last 20 years. I am a pretty frequent flyer, and used to be a private pilot, so I make quite a few concessions as a customer for those reasons. Seat pitch was abysmal. I pretty much spent seven hours with my knees around my shoulders (I'm 6'4" tall) ended up getting the worst leg cramps because the seat-belt like was on for most of the flight, and we were told not to leave our seats. Plane was like a sauna. Really old A330 with no air vents available. It's bad enough doing long haul without having so sweat and then smell because of excessive heat and humidity as well. Cabin crew: This was unbelievable - a seven hour flight, in a hot aircraft, and the cabin crew sat down the back of the aircraft chatting away. Did not even serve any drinks, even a glass of OJ would have made me feel better. They finally decided to serve food and drinks five hours into a seven hour flight. How they get a rating of 8 out of 10 is beyond me.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDenpasar to Dallas Ft Worth via Seoul
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"a good experience"

Not Verified | Seoul Incheon to Bangkok, I can confidently say I would fly Korean Air again. The experience was a little better than other airlines economy class that I have flown international. They served food and it was fine. Not great, but fine. There were plenty of options, including vegetarian and Bibimbap. They also came around with water and juice quite frequently. Pitch was pretty decent size. Seat was comfortable. Entertainment was sufficient, including Korean dramas. The only downside was the plane was pretty old. Definitely the oldest plane I have been on in a while. Pushing 25 years with very little updates from if I had to guess. Oh, and no wifi available. Overall a good experience, not great, but slightly above average. I have to rank slightly lower for no wifi.
RouteSeoul to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2018

"travel with Korean Air again"

Trip Verified | Taipei to San Francisco via Seoul Incheon. Very friendly crew, enjoyed my flight even with some delay at Incheon airport due to bad weather. The crew asked the passenger in the front to keep the chair straight during meals, which was very nice because when passengers ask each other, it doesn’t always work well. Will definitely travel with Korean Air again!
RouteTaipei to San Francisco via Incheon
Date FlownAugust 2018

"business class product is sub-par"

(Sierra Leone)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Seoul. I found a lot of the business class service systems of Korean Air quite odd; whilst the crew were polite and responsive, they are working within a set system that means their business class product is sub-par. For example, your menu - which includes the wine list - is taken off you immediately after departure, so you cannot refer back to it. This makes ordering wine particularly difficult. Another thing is that if you order the Korean meal options, then you are deprived of the additional food - such as a soup starter, and bread - that people ordering Western meal options receive. They are not even offered, and as a result, I was starving after my small bowl of rice porridge; I've never been left hungry after a meal, even in Economy class. There was no indication of what snacks were on offer; luckily I was sitting next to a frequent flier and he kept ordering interesting snacks and so I followed suit. On a 12 hour, day-time flight, during which two meals were served, there were only two 'drink runs' by the crew - and they were both during the second meal service. I had to constantly request a drink, and at one stage even went to the galley to see what types of wine were available. I really didn't like this approach to service; I much rather have the drinks offered, rather than have to proactively request for them. However, this seems to be the way they do things - you won't be offered anything beyond the bare minimum, but staff are happy to respond if you do request things. The IFE was poor - a very limited selection of main-stream movies, and little in the way of reading materials. The seat was comfortable, and the cabin was spotless - including the toilets which were regularly cleaned. So whilst the hard product was good, and the service was polite and efficient, I really felt it was a 'bare bones' service culture and therefore, I did not feel pampered or spoilt, as I usually do in Business class. It really felt they were trying to minimise costs by keeping the food and drink away from the public eye.
RouteAuckland to Seoul

"worst customer service"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Los Angeles via Seoul. Our problem started when an aircraft had an emergency in manila and we missed our connecting flight in Seoul to LAX. Korean Air staff did not bother to pull some strings to assist us in making the flight. We even did not have our own check in as business class!! Korean Air are on top of the worst customer service I have ever encountered.
RouteManila to Los Angeles via Seoul

"I am very disappointed"

Trip Verified | Manila to New York via Seoul. I am very disappointed with Korean Air. I am traveling with four kids ages 10 months, 5yrs, 10 yrs and 14yrs. Our flight from Manila to Korea got delayed which caused us to miss our connecting flight to New York. I spoke 4 times with their customer service to try and arrange a flight for my family and they are not accommodating at all. The best answer they can give me is go to the airport and talk to the desk and try to schedule a flight there cause they have more access. I explained to them that I have 8 luggage's and 4 kids which will make it very difficult to do that without a confirmed flight. I got so tired of begging and explaining to them the situation so I finally gave in and took a flight with a 10 hour lay over. The worst part of it all is I did not even ask for a hotel room. I just asked to be allowed to stay in the Korean Air lounge so that my kids can at least rest but they did not even give me that. My family and I travel every year and with this experience I highly doubt that Korean air will be on our list of Airlines choice. I don't agree with the saying customer are always right but I should not have to keep begging and explaining my situation with traveling with four kids.
RouteManila to New York via Seoul

"staff are friendly"

Flew on a domestic flight from Busan to Jeju. Check in agents at Busan were amazing and their bosses allow them to have bubble tea at the counters. The lounge is rather small at Busan with only light snacks and soft drinks on offer, it is located before security. The staff are friendly, Qantas offer much better in their domestic lounges but one must realise Qantas charge much more for their J class product in comparison to Korean Air. The aircraft is an A330-300. The business class product is amazing, lots of extra leg room, if you want the most leg room, choose row 7. The flight attendants were exceptional in their customer service.
AircraftA330-300
RouteBusan to Jeju
Date FlownAugust 2018

"like the foods on board"

Trip Verified | Manila to Toronto via Seoul Incheon. I like the foods on board, the service and entertainment. Also the amenities on board.
RouteManila to Toronto via Seoul Incheon
Date FlownApril 2018

"seats with unbelievable leg space"

Trip Verified | I have traveled Korean Air many times and it is offering amazing Economy class product between Australia and Europe - seats with unbelievable leg space, nice catering, clean aircrafts, free 5-star hotel in Incheon on transit. Airbus 330 and Boeing 747-8 aircraft are very comfortable and friendly to Economy class guests. The only large disadvantage is that you can't upgrade to business with miles on the majority of fares.
AircraftA330-300, Boeing 747-8
RouteBrisbane to Rome via Seoul
Date FlownAugust 2017

"utter lack of caring"

Not Verified | Chicago to Bangkok via Seoul. I did not make to the Korean air portion of the flight, so this more about the service. Weather caused our American Airlines initial flight (all booked through the Korean Air website), to be delayed multiple times causing us to miss our connecting flight to Seoul and ultimately to Bangkok. Called the Korean air service line and they suggested requesting the gate agent to ask them to hold the flight. American agents said Korean does not do that. After calling both airline service lines and having close to an hour delay, they both said the other airlines had to change it. American was adamant this is a Korean ticket and only they can release to change. BTW, 2 kids under 5 that had been up since 4 am, so we were not in the mood to run around the airport. Chicago transfer agent K20 gate, wouldn’t let us transfer, so had to go out of security to get to terminal 5. So took the bus, with whole family in tow, to terminal 5. The Korean Air agents used very polite words to say it wasn’t their problem, they would not help and the best they could do was standby for tomorrow and since the flight was full, very unlikely to go tomorrow. That was the last straw. Helping me to resolve the problem is the job of the Korean Air service counter team, when I bought tickets from their company. The utter lack of caring or willingness to do anything amazed me. Korean Air lost a customer for life today. I had used Korean air for last 10+ years at least 2-3 round trips Asia a year. Will stick with someone else from now on.
RouteChicago to Bangkok via Seoul