Korean Air

"commend the flight attendants"

Verified Review | Seoul to Honolulu. I want to commend the flight attendants for handling a unruly passenger on a flight to Honolulu. A young lady wanted the whole row of empty unassigned seats at the rear of the airplane because she wanted to sleep during the flight, but there was an older woman already seated there. When I boarded she was sitting with her friend a few seats forward then when she got up to move the older lady was already there. This young girl made such a fuss about her wanting the seat before the other lady. The flight Attendants asked her to sit down because she was delaying takeoff. The flight attendants finally got the old woman another seat and let the young girl have her seats. A flight officer from the cockpit came out to see what the delay was. The flight attendants did right by defusing the situation and dealing with it so the plane could take off.
RouteSeoul to Honolulu
Date FlownMarch 2017

"Seats still extremely spacious with leg room"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Always fly Korean Air nonstop when I visit friends and family in Atlanta. Last trip 2015. Used Gangnam City Terminal checkin which allowed for expedited security at ICN. At ATL, checkin is always hassle free with no wait when you use the web check in line. Seats still extremely spacious with leg room, flexible headrest and recline. I managed to sleep 7-8 hours in both directions! Cabin spotless. Crew friendly, professional and polite in both English and Korean. Entertainment options are a bit lacking, honestly. Oddly, only four Korean movies. Food quality (Korean choices) are tasty, too.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteIncheon to Atlanta
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"totally unacceptable service "

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Seoul to Hanoi. I wish to register my absolute disgust at the totally unacceptable service I received from Korean Air staff at Incheon Airport on September 1st 2017. I was told I have to line up and self check in, which does not work, it worked but not fully, it recognized my Passport but would not allow me to check in as it could not verify my Visa. So I was asked to check in at a checkin desk. So back to the Line once more. This was now the 2nd Person from Korean Air I spoke with she told me must join this Line, I explained the issue she told me this line this line, I asked again this is for Hanoi yes join this line. So after 45 minutes I get to the initial entry Ropes of the Check in and am told wrong gate wrong gate, I again tried to explain my concern and issue and was ushered away in a dismissive manner. I then asked another Staff member and still getting any assistance or good feeling whatsoever that I am going to successfully check in. I asked this lady sure this is the line for Hanoi, if this is the line there is no way I can make the flight in time this is now the third line I have been told to join. Do not worry she said no issue you will make it. At 7.50 I have still not checked in and see no way in making my flight and I will not be able to make my appointment in Vietnam thru no fault of my own and what appears to be absolutely no concern from the Korean Air Staff on the Ground. I do not speak Korean so I am automatically dismissed. At 8.00am my Korean Colleagues who had none of the hassles I had as their passports were accepted without Visas spoke to one of the Korean Air Staff who escorted me to a check in desk and personally checked me in. I just made the Flight. I have never in all my years of travelling been so poorly treated. I am still waiting for a Reply from KE Customer Service to my email of Sept 7th 017
RouteSeoul to Hanoi

"Reasonable price too"

(Japan)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo via Incheon. Fast service, very friendly cabin staff. Staff walking around so easy to call for requests or questions. Love their seat, wide, large legroom, the most comfortable for me. IFE for NRT-KUL not really good as the KUL-NRT. The pouches with Pyeonchang Winter Olympic logo which has slipppers and toothbrush were given for night flight; was a good souvenir from KE. Would like to travel with KE in future too. Reasonable price too.
AircraftBoeing 777 / 737
RouteKuala Lumpur to Tokyo via Incheon

"pleasant flight overall"

Verified Review | Seoul to Taipei. This is the first time I flew Korean Air after many years and it seems to be a much better airline now. Ground staff was very polite and helpful. Ground and onboard staff were very courteous with a smile on their faces. The plane was clean and relatively comfortable. Food was a bit bland and quantity was a little lacking, but okay for a short flight. Entertainment service was a bit unreliable, with few of the functions on the remote not working well. Very smooth and pleasant flight overall.
RouteSeoul to Taipei
Date FlownAugust 2017

"terrible experience with Korean Air"

Verified Review | Seattle to Hanoi via Seoul. I had a terrible experience with Korean Air. My flight from Seattle to Seoul was delayed by 1 hour, but this wasn't a problem because I checked in online and as was written in my document, I didn't need to check in again at the airport. I had only a carry on luggage so I went straight to security. After waiting for 45 min in line, I was told that my boarding pass barcode is not working and that I needed to go back to the Korean Air counter at SeaTac. I quickly headed towards the counter only to learn that there was no one there. Usually they close 1 hour prior to departure but because the flight was delayed there was nobody there 1.5 hours prior. I've asked everyone I could possibly ask to find a Korean Air representative, this was unsuccessful. I went to the kiosk to reprint a boarding pass - the system was down! I wasn't recognizing my ticket number, passport or booking number. I cant believe I couldn't make it to the other side to make my flight! As a result, I was rebooked to a later, longer flight with 2 stops instead of one through Las Vegas. I lost a 1 night stay at an expensive hotel in Hanoi, a day tour to Halong Bay and no one at Korean Air seemed to care!! I could not find one person who could help me in any way. Never again.
RouteSeattle to Hanoi via Seoul
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Seat wise it was comfortable"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Cebu to Seoul Incheon on a Boeing 777. Seat wise it was comfortable with enough leg space. For a four hour flight to Incheon it felt good, with good service, good food, and IFE! For the price, it was a very good deal in my opinion. Check in was a breeze in Cebu. Even was lucky enough to get bulk head seats. Luggage was checked through so, it was really nice.
RouteCebu to Seoul Incheon
Date FlownJuly 2017

"service was good as always"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Flew Korean Air from Seoul Incheon to Nadi. The service was good as always. The flight takes almost 10 hours and the flight attendants did a really good job for the whole flight. Service in Incheon airport is good as always. The food was pretty good. The drinks were served frequently. Airplanes were new and clean on both ways. Seats are as comfortable as they can be in Economy class. The movie choice in IFE is not so great, but acceptable. Had a pleasant flight.
RouteSeoul Incheon to Nadi
Date FlownAugust 2017

"the meaning of customer service"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | My husband, grandson and myself recently flew Auckland to London return via Seoul. We had made this trip on Korean Air on two previous occasions, and once again enjoyed the complimentary night's accomodation at the 5 star Grand Hyatt at Incheon, which also included a delicious dinner and breakfast. Korean Air is a most generous airline, in terms of legroom in their economy class and the overnight stopover they provide on the Auckland to London flight. What particularly impressed us this trip was the trouble the ground staff went to locate and then hand deliver the wallet my grandson left onboard the aircraft when we landed in Seoul on the homeward leg. It was only when we checked in for the last leg of the flight to Auckland, after a three day stopover in Seoul that he mentioned the wallet was missing. The young lady at check in made a series of phone calls, located the wallet and arranged for it to be delivered to the departure lounge. Korean Air certainly understand the meaning of customer service.
RouteLondon to Auckland via Seoul
Date FlownAugust 2017

"crew were very attentive"

Verified Review | Beijing to Washington via Seoul. From helpful ground staff to the inflight service I cannot praise this airline enough. I was surprised by the amount of legroom in economy, I'm 6ft but I still had a couple inches of legroom. The food was excellent with the flight from Seoul to Dulles getting two full meal services with real cutlery. The crew were very attentive and active throughout most of the flight, going through the cabin to collect trash and see if the passengers needed anything. The one downside is the amount of entertainment compared to Emirates but the movies they did have were superb and the IFE was very responsive. I will be using this airline again in the future.
RouteBeijing to Washington via Seoul