Top 100 Airlines

Korean Air

"the worst Asian airline"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Tashkent via Seoul Incheon. This is the worst Asian airline I could ever flown. Customer service is inexistent. Business seat are small, not fully 180 degrees reclinable and lacking any other amenities (decent pillow, comforter, etc). The entertaining system is only good if you want to know your flight path, but the selection of movies is terribly old. Food, besides being mediocre for a business class, is 90% Korean. Beverages are average and limited. Female cabin crew were impossible to understand in English and clearly not there for foreigners or willing to accommodate anything you ask for. Be aware that if you, like in my case a Diamond Elite 360 Delta Skymiles member, or have an account with any Skyteam partner airline, you will not accrue elite qualifying miles, bonus miles, or extras. Korean Air just gives you base flown miles! There is no recognition for your elite status with other Skymiles partner airline. The business lounge at Incheon is awful. It is more like being in an open street bazar, and lacking any basic services. Avoid this airline at all cost. First and last experience for me. For the same ticket price, you have better options in Asia.
RouteJFK to TAS via ICN
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"I felt like a valued customer"

Verified Review | First time flying out of the country from San Francisco to Incheon and I had a great experience. Initially, there was a flight delay because the in-flight entertainment system needed rebooting, which is understandable considering the long 12 hour flight. Despite the delay, we made it to Incheon Int'l Airport on time. The flight attendants were attentive and nice, and I felt like a valued customer. Complimentary sleep masks, slippers, and a toothbrush and toothpaste were given as well. The food was really good, relative to what I expect of airplane food. We were served food twice, snacks twice, and refreshment beverages here and there. I found the meals to be quite balanced, each one containing the main proteins/carbs, side dish, and a slice of dessert. After looking around at cheaper options, I'm glad I went with my gut and booked with Korean Air. A 12 hour flight can be extremely uncomfortable, but it was very.
AircraftBoeing 747-8I
RouteSFO to ICN
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"had a positive experience "

Verified Review | I had a positive experience on my recent flight from Incheon to Chicago. I felt the crew provided very high-quality service. Even though I was travelling economy, I felt well taken care of. There is not much to say about the food, it was not pleasantly surprising. My seat was comfortable and there was enough leg room. I have mixed emotions about the seat headrest though. It was just comfortable enough so that I could sit and rest without using the neck pillow I packed, but it was not supremely comfortable, so I still wanted to use my neck pillow at times. However, the presence of the headrest made it physically awkward to use my neck pillow (despite the percentage of my review devoted to this topic, it was not that big of a deal). The in-flight entertainment options were solid, with a good variety of movies from different genres. I enjoyed the collection of audio tracks. The blanket was more comfortable than average, and a perfect size. The design was beautiful, a soft purple with faded Korean Air logos. My flight with Korean Air was a carefree experience, exactly what commercial flying should be.
RouteICN to ORD

"excellent customer service"

Verified Review | Vancouver to Cebu via Incheon with Korean Air. Excellent customer service. Upon check-in in Vancouver, I informed the Korean Air staff that my mother's last name was missing a letter. Right away, they catered for us and positively informed us that they should be able to fix the mistakes. There were 3 staff helping us out and all of them were super friendly. We were very pleased of the customer service that we recieved from this airline, from the check-in counter to the flight attendants. I will recommend this airline to all my friends and relatives.
RouteYVR to CEB via ICN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"helpful ground service staff"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Seoul on Boeing 747-8I. Generally young cabin crew. No choice of meal offered as I was seated at the rear. USB port, Pillow and blanket available in the 3-hour flight. Seoul Incheon to Hong Kong on Boeing 777-300. Cabin crew speaks fluent English. Courteous service and helpful ground service staff. There is a counter reserved for passengers who are late for their flight.
AircraftBoeing 747-8I / 777-300ER
RouteHKG to ICN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"service was impeccable"

Verified Review | Seoul to Los Angeles. The A380 is something to just behold (the size of the aircraft, interior space, the onboard store, the lounges, etc). I was flying economy, so I did not get to see the 2nd deck, however the photos that are easily available can certainly demonstrate the "flying city" that the KE A380 is. Customer Service that is provided by the professional staff is jaw-dropping (when compared to US Airlines). The International carriers actually "care" about the customer - and it shows. Service was impeccable - in economy. Once airborne, the various sections of economy had their own dedicated flight attendants, and they ensured each passenger in their area of responsibility was taken care of. The onboard store is a nice touch, on such a long flight. The food was outstanding. And, I was sought out by the crew, about 120min before touchdown in LAX, and "asked" if I would mind moving to 1st class for the remainder of the flight, in order to ensure that I made my connecting flight (I had a 2hr 10min layover in LAX). Of course I accepted, so by the time I traversed the aircraft to the front, I had about 1hr+ to enjoy 1st class. Upon landing I was the first off, there was a KE attendant at the end of the bridge with my name on a sign, and they took me thru Customs, in a expedious manner (even though I was Global Entry, the KE clearance was much quicker). The attendant stayed with me until I retrieved my bags and I was clear customs and out of the International terminal in about 40min total! If you are flying to Asia, there are several 5star carriers - but KE is at the top of the list.
RouteICN to LAX
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"strong alternative to other companies"

Nagoya to Seoul Incheon. Excellent staff on the ground and on board. Excellent food in quality and quantity. Seat very comfortable and good in-flight Entertainment. Good punctuality of the flights. I would advise taking this company, and I think it is a strong alternative to other companies flying this route.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteNGO to ICN
Date FlownMay 2016

"experience was very pleasant"

Excellent flight from London to Incheon. Despite it being my first long distance flight the experience was very pleasant and all crew were excellent and helpful. The in-flight food and drinks were surprisingly good. The price was fair for the time of year and despite being in economy I felt that I had adequate space. Would definitely recommend Korean Air.
RouteLHR to ICN
Date FlownAugust 2015

"no crew speaks French"

Verified Review | Paris to Seoul Incheon with Korean Air. Nice A380. Seats are OK. However, no crew member speaks French (we were departing from Paris), no announcement was made in French, and crew members hardly speak English. Meals were meh, and in-flight entertainment did not offer a lot movies compared to other airlines.
RouteCDG to ICN
Date FlownJune 2016

"service good, comfort the missing element"

Verified Review | Tokyo Narita to Vancouver via Incheon with Korean Air. It is actually very difficult to secure a seat on a 777 (low density 9 abreast) between Vancouver and Asia during the summer months. So Korean's B747-8i flight looked like it might be an alternative, even at a substantial premium to other airlines. Unfortunately on my return leg to YVR, an older B747-400 was used. Legroom in coach seems reasonable for KE on the 8i, but seat 63H on a B747-400 felt really tight. Service was good but the comfort was the missing element. I had contemplated purchasing 3 seats for my son and I on a cheaper carrier, but had decided not to. That might have been a mistake.
RouteNRT to YVR via ICN