Top 100 Airports

Korean Air

"excellent customer service"

Verified Review | Vancouver to Cebu via Incheon with Korean Air. Excellent customer service. Upon check-in in Vancouver, I informed the Korean Air staff that my mother's last name was missing a letter. Right away, they catered for us and positively informed us that they should be able to fix the mistakes. There were 3 staff helping us out and all of them were super friendly. We were very pleased of the customer service that we recieved from this airline, from the check-in counter to the flight attendants. I will recommend this airline to all my friends and relatives.
RouteYVR to CEB via ICN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"helpful ground service staff"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Seoul on Boeing 747-8I. Generally young cabin crew. No choice of meal offered as I was seated at the rear. USB port, Pillow and blanket available in the 3-hour flight. Seoul Incheon to Hong Kong on Boeing 777-300. Cabin crew speaks fluent English. Courteous service and helpful ground service staff. There is a counter reserved for passengers who are late for their flight.
AircraftBoeing 747-8I / 777-300ER
RouteHKG to ICN

"service was impeccable"

Verified Review | Seoul to Los Angeles. The A380 is something to just behold (the size of the aircraft, interior space, the onboard store, the lounges, etc). I was flying economy, so I did not get to see the 2nd deck, however the photos that are easily available can certainly demonstrate the "flying city" that the KE A380 is. Customer Service that is provided by the professional staff is jaw-dropping (when compared to US Airlines). The International carriers actually "care" about the customer - and it shows. Service was impeccable - in economy. Once airborne, the various sections of economy had their own dedicated flight attendants, and they ensured each passenger in their area of responsibility was taken care of. The onboard store is a nice touch, on such a long flight. The food was outstanding. And, I was sought out by the crew, about 120min before touchdown in LAX, and "asked" if I would mind moving to 1st class for the remainder of the flight, in order to ensure that I made my connecting flight (I had a 2hr 10min layover in LAX). Of course I accepted, so by the time I traversed the aircraft to the front, I had about 1hr+ to enjoy 1st class. Upon landing I was the first off, there was a KE attendant at the end of the bridge with my name on a sign, and they took me thru Customs, in a expedious manner (even though I was Global Entry, the KE clearance was much quicker). The attendant stayed with me until I retrieved my bags and I was clear customs and out of the International terminal in about 40min total! If you are flying to Asia, there are several 5star carriers - but KE is at the top of the list.
RouteICN to LAX
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"strong alternative to other companies"

Nagoya to Seoul Incheon. Excellent staff on the ground and on board. Excellent food in quality and quantity. Seat very comfortable and good in-flight Entertainment. Good punctuality of the flights. I would advise taking this company, and I think it is a strong alternative to other companies flying this route.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteNGO to ICN
Date FlownMay 2016

"experience was very pleasant"

Excellent flight from London to Incheon. Despite it being my first long distance flight the experience was very pleasant and all crew were excellent and helpful. The in-flight food and drinks were surprisingly good. The price was fair for the time of year and despite being in economy I felt that I had adequate space. Would definitely recommend Korean Air.
RouteLHR to ICN
Date FlownAugust 2015

"no crew speaks French"

Verified Review | Paris to Seoul Incheon with Korean Air. Nice A380. Seats are OK. However, no crew member speaks French (we were departing from Paris), no announcement was made in French, and crew members hardly speak English. Meals were meh, and in-flight entertainment did not offer a lot movies compared to other airlines.
RouteCDG to ICN
Date FlownJune 2016

"service good, comfort the missing element"

Verified Review | Tokyo Narita to Vancouver via Incheon with Korean Air. It is actually very difficult to secure a seat on a 777 (low density 9 abreast) between Vancouver and Asia during the summer months. So Korean's B747-8i flight looked like it might be an alternative, even at a substantial premium to other airlines. Unfortunately on my return leg to YVR, an older B747-400 was used. Legroom in coach seems reasonable for KE on the 8i, but seat 63H on a B747-400 felt really tight. Service was good but the comfort was the missing element. I had contemplated purchasing 3 seats for my son and I on a cheaper carrier, but had decided not to. That might have been a mistake.
RouteNRT to YVR via ICN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"I was satisfied with the performance"

Verified Review | Flown from Seattle to Incheon and then Incheon to Singapore with Korean Air. I was satisfied with the performance and service rendered by the ground crew in Seattle and Incheon. The seat (33A) was spacious by my standard (5' 5" and 130 pounds). Sufficient leg room. Even though the plane was full, there was sufficient overhead compartment space for every passenger to put their hand luggage/bags. Flight crew on both legs were friendly and attentive. Food wise, it was sufficient but the taste left much to be desired. KE does not provide packets of salt and pepper. Entertainment was limited (I'm being spoilt by the 100+ movies and TV shows on Emirates and Qatar Airways) and came only in 4 languages, predominantly English and Korean..
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSEA to SIN via ICN

"low on seat comfort"

(South Korea)

After Korean Air flew a relatively new A330-300 on the Incheon - Mumbai leg, one had mistakenly assumed that KE has phased out their ancient A330-200 from this route. Sadly, BOM-ICN found the old A330-200 in service again. Low on seat comfort and sad-looking toilets. Otherwise not much to complain about. Check-in was quick. Cabin crew were on their toes and efficient even if not overly friendly. The meals seem to have gone down a notch and getting repetitive. Flight arrived pretty much on time. A good option for the BOM-ICN route if you don't mind the slightly higher fare.
AircraftA330-200
RouteBOM to ICN
Date FlownJune 2016

"aircraft was immaculate"

(Japan)

Verified Review | Flew from Kansai to Busan. Flight was delayed for 2 hours but the ground staff were very professional and offered everyone meal vouchers. Despite a one hour flight, meals and drinks were served. The aircraft was immaculate and crew were extremely professional and smiley. I will definitely fly Korean Air again.
RouteKIX to PUS