Korean Air

Review by (United States) 4th July 2015

The check-in process was fast and easy. I travel with an instrument and rather than making a fuss about it, they tagged it so I would get by even more easily. The food and beverage service was superior to any airline I have flown. The cabin crew were friendly and staff quickly responded to any request made. The layover in Seoul was easy and everything left on time.
RouteHKG to LAX via Seoul

Review by (United States) 3rd July 2015

The planes are new and well kept. The A380 was a dream with a tomb like silence in the upper deck. The service is as good as any Middle Eastern airline and the connections to places like Vietnam from New York are amazing. The trouble is that they ruin it all with the transfer desk in the Seoul airport. After a relaxing flight, you arrive in Seoul at 5 AM and are tossed into a seemingly endless maze of travellers who are forced to go through security all over again to transfer flights. There are no special lanes for business or first class. Poor families with babies are also tossed into the cauldron. In an otherwise well thought out and spacious airport, it's appalling that they can't get this one part right.
RouteNew York JFK to Da Nang via Incheon

Review by (India) 29th June 2015

HKG-ICN return, cabin in in 2-4-2 configuration. Cabin clean, seats comfortable, toilets well stocked. Special meal (VLML) served promptly and well done, followed by ice-cream on one leg. Crew came by with drinks during the short flight. Flight was more than half empty. Huge check-in line at Incheon though it moved quickly, but check-in still took over 30-40 min.
RouteHong Kong to Seoul

Review by (Canada) 16th June 2015

Flew from Zhengzhou CGO to Incheon ICN and then Vancouver YVR. Received decent ground service at CGO, no waiting at the check-in counter and customer check, aircraft was a newly decorated 737-800. Main course meal served inflight and was a surprise since it was a morning short-haul flight. Flight was on time both for takeoff and landing. Have to say that the landing was terrible, hard and banked. Int'l connection at ICN was smooth and did not take more than 30 minutes. Korean Air staff was available during transfer. The flight to YVR was at that time a 747-400, which was aged but carefully maintained. Cabin was cold for me but extra blankets were available. Provided toothbrush kit and slippers even for economy class. Cabin crew was not good enough at English but well enough to provide services. Two meals were served and both were good. The flight itself was on time and the captain was of great professionalism, communication with cabin was made after takeoff and before landing in Korean and English, which was a nice touch especially on Asian carriers. In-flight entertainment system was available on both segments. Did not use much because the touch screen was aged and its reaction was slow. Overall very satisfied, however the fare was a bit too high, so I will give 9 out of 10.
AircraftB737-8Q8(WL), B747-4B5
RouteCGO to YVR via ICN

Review by (United Kingdom) 12th June 2015

I recently flew KE867 and KE868 from ICN to Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia). The flight attendants on these two sectors worked very hard. The aircraft's were A330-300 and the return flight was full. The amount of cabin baggage taken in by the passengers on board wouldn't have been allowed on either the American or European airlines. Most of the flight attendants were females and for the life of me I don't know how they were able to lift the heavy cabin baggage and put them up in the overhead lockers. Throughout the flight the flight attendants were cheerful and smiling. As for the food, cleanliness and other aspect of the travel on those two flights I give Korean Air 5 Star plus.
AircraftA330-300
Cabin FlownEconomy
RouteICN to Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia)

Review by (United States) 31st May 2015

LAX-ICN-SIN and back on May 6 2015. My wife and I flew Korean Air for the first time and was amazed at how professional and efficient the flight staff were. The flight left on time flight attendants were well groomed attentive and smiling. Lavatories were cleaned and roomy. Seats were very comfortable. Good choice of recently released movies and my favorite TV shows. Food was excellent. We requested a certain kind of food and we were very happy with what we got. Ground crew were very helpful with our transfer and they speak excellent English. Overall our experience was excellent.

Review by (United States) 31st May 2015

Review by (United States) 28th May 2015

First class from TPE back to JFK via ICN. TPE-ICN is on A330 good service and attentive cabin crew really shine and made a big difference on a relative poor catering experience. ICN-JFK is on A380 they couldn't maintain the same outstanding standard as the previous segment. Food and drink still not great. First class seat plan on A330 is same as business class with marginal wider seat. Though they are both lie flat beds and in 2-2-2 configuration First class seats are much better padded and better finished. Upon being seated one of the cabin crew asked me if I need anything to drink. Once I told them I needed some water my water glass was never empty from then on. Food and wine selections are not limited but the crew make up for it with the great service. On the contrary KE 081 ICN-JFK on A380 was a disappointment. The champagnes on board Perrier Jouet 2002 is a good selection but was being serve at a lukewarm temperature. In general food is the weakest link. The entrée ribs I ordered were not available so I was forced to change to fish which was too dry. I tried both the Korean and Western soup but they were tasteless. Salad was indeed fresh and prepared on site which was a bright spot of the whole meal service. The cheese and dessert was ok. The light meal before landing is Korean style cold noodle which was not to my taste at all. To arrange a cold noodle meal before landing JFK at 11am is quite eccentric in my opinion. I would much prefer a hot and full western breakfast on this flight after a good nights sleep. I was also surprised at the midnight snack of spicy instant noodle. All in all it is a huge disappointment to fly A380 First Class from ICN to JFK.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Review by (United States) 28th May 2015

Cabin FlownFirst Class

Review by (Brazil) 22nd May 2015

GRU-LAX and LAX-GRU. I always use Korean Air to travel from São Paulo to Los Angeles. It is more expensive but it is worth it. The best economy class I have ever experienced. The seats aren't great but for economic class standards it is 5 stars. Service is superb flight attendants are super respectful and helpful. Food is good free wine and others. Pilots are well trained and never had any problems during flights.