Top 100 Airlines

Korean Air

"fairly wide seats"

I got re-routed onto Korean Air from London to Tokyo via Seoul, after my flight with Alitalia was cancelled. At check in the staff was very friendly but professional and due to the quiet flight we were allowed to choose to sit wherever we pleased. The flight was great considering it was a night flight. My friends and I got to spread out across three seats each as the flight was so quiet. Even if the flight was fully occupied I believe I still would have been very comfortable as the legroom was fantastic (no metal box underneath window seats that some airlines have), fairly wide seats for economy and very comfortable. The entertainment system was impressive, large screen and very responsive. The choice was good too, I enjoyed watching some of the Star Wars films. The food was amazing, a choice of three meals and one of those included bibimbap. The food was quite fresh and you mixed the food together yourself. It was complimented with a soup of some sort. A few nice touches I liked was the frequent green tea runs throughout the cabin and the matcha tea on the flight to Japan. In addition the lavatories had lovely Jurilique lavender face sprays which I loved. I don't know whether I'd pay to fly them again but they certainly are one of the best carriers I have ever flown on.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLHR to NTR via ICN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"appreciated the service onboard"

Verified Review | Seoul to Paris with Korean Air. I am traveling with my triathlon bike, which is sometimes an issue for some airlines, but there was no problem at check-in in Seoul and it was perfectly managed up to its arrival in Paris where ground staff was not as gentle with it as ground staff in Seoul. Lounge in Seoul is located quite centrally, which allows to have a quick shower and food prior to boarding. Cabin in A380 is quite standard, not in the top category compared to some other airlines as the seats are the original ones and not yet modernized. The seats are slightly transmitting vibrations from the plane and heat when set in bed mode. Quality of the meals are great, especially for Korean food (it is necessary to be accustomed to Korean food as some dishes can be quite special, e.g. chewy noodles & chilled broth or spicy octopus). I especially appreciated the service onboard. I found the crew efficient and pleasant. After the meal, I made a comment saying I would not say no to chocolate, and few minutes after they brought me a coffee with delicious cookies from upper class. They constantly check if passengers are comfortable and require anything, doing it in a discreet manner without disturbing people. From the various airlines I fly with, Korean Air has one of the best service.
RouteICN to CDG
Date FlownApril 2016

"genuinely friendly staff"

Verified Review | The 13 hour flight in Business class from Seoul to Toronto onboard Korean Air KE73 turned out to be a real pleasure. Overall, there was a good choice of food, drinks (including Canadian ice wine) and the service was provided by genuinely friendly staff. Definitely recommended.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteICN to YYZ
Date FlownApril 2016

"an enjoyable experience"

Sydney to London via Seoul is my first time I have flown Korean Air and an enjoyable experience. Sydney check in was efficient and I was able to send my bags right through to Paris. The layover in Incheon was exceptionally good with accommodation and meal vouchers provided by for stay at the Grand Hyatt Incheon. The next morning I found out that my Air France code share connection was delayed by 3 hours due to industrial problems at CDG. This was a disaster as it gave me a 30 minutes to get to my Eurostar connection to London. I approached Korean Air staff about flying Korean Air direct to London and they were exceptionally helpful. They managed to get me on a flight to London at no extra cost and managed to even help me retrieve my baggage from Air France. The meals and service on Korean Air were very good and there was no shortage of choice. Water was served through the flight. The entertainment system had the latest films but sadly there could have been a bit more variety. I look forward to flying back to Sydney with Korean.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777
RouteSYD to LHR via ICN

"Totally unacceptable"

I hope that I never have to fly Korean Air again. After attempting multiple times to purchase my ticket without success online on the Korean Air website, I had to go to a third party website. I then found out when checking my bank account that I had been charged twice for my flight frim the KA website even though I canceled my purchase with Korean Air. My tickets were finally obtained through another company. Korean Air admitted over the phone to their error and issued two emails stating that they would provide a refund in six weeks. Totally unacceptable.
RouteHNL to RGN via ICN

"I recommend Korean Air"

Auckland to London via Seoul and I recommend Korean Air. The service onboard was very good and flight attendants were delightful, providing service with a smile. The food was pretty good. The flat beds were comfortable and the film selections were current. We enjoyed our flights. The overnight stopover in Seoul at the Grand Hyatt was superb.
RouteAKL to LHR via ICN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"seat and IFE are below par"

Our flights from Sydney to New York via Seoul were booked though an agent and we were not given an option to log in online. Check in was smooth, however the agent forgot to prompt us to log our frequent flyer numbers. The Skyteam Lounge at Sydney offers a great view but the range and quality of food is very average. The arrival times for both sectors were ideal and allowed a one night stopover at the Grand Hyatt at Incheon Airport. The business class seats are a type that was considered good 10 or 15 years ago, arranged in a 2x2x2 configuration. The seats are narrow, firm and give no direct isle access for window seats. No mattress was provided and the fabric covering the seat is heat inducing. On the subject of heat there are no individual air vents, which is very irritating. To be fair, the cabin was not kept too hot, as is often the case. A synthetic blanket was supplied as was a small amenity kit that omits the all important ear plugs. The first leg departed at around 9.00am and a lunch was served about two hours into the flight. The food selection was below average as was the quality, which was poor. Immediately after lunch the flight attendants closed all the window blinds, including those in the bar and turned off all the lights. This seemed bizarre for a day time flight, particularly as no light was left on at all. Continuing on the bizarre theme I was informed at the bar that only vodka cocktails would be served and no, if I wanted a champagne I needed to order it from my seat. At least the champagne was Perrier Jouet. The lights were turned on to full (A380 has a sophisticated range of options) and the second meal served in bright light, was no better than the first. The inflight entertainment was good and easy to use. However the range is small. So when I fly back to SYD I will have difficulty choosing something I haven't already seen. The lounge in Seoul offers a poor range of food. Although the flight deported at 10am, lunch was served immediately after take-off, all the while being admonished that "The food/liquid is hot. Be careful." Every time. Again the cabin was plunged into darkness and again, only vodka cocktails were served in the bar. Exactly eight hours into the 13.5 hour flight the glare of full light was switched on and another meal was served. From lights on to lights off again was 30 minutes. The crew were running and given the low occupancy rate, for no apparent reason. Whilst the flight attendants are incredibly polite and attentive, they are not particularly intuitive acting on rote. My overall impression of the food and beverage service is that it is below par as is the seat and in flight entertainment.
RouteSYD to JFK via Seoul
Date FlownMarch 2016

"friendly and professional cabin crew"

Los Angeles to Sydney via Seoul Incheon. The cabin crew on both flights worked tirelessly and were very friendly. Food in economy class comes in 3 options, overwhelmingly many passengers opted for BiBimBap, which I like. The wines offered on economy class are very respectable and the Australian flight, I noticed that they served Australian wines of quality. IFE is fine, not an extensive collection of movies and music, however I enjoyed it. IFE could be more responsive in terms of responding to user touch and the screen could be updated to a higher definition screen. A380 aircraft were used on the two sectors I took and an enjoyable plane to be in for long haul flight. Incheon Airport is superb. Korean Air may not have the latest or greatest hardware, however, their friendly and professional cabin crew outweighs their shortcoming in terms of hardware side.
RouteLAX to SYD via ICN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"should improve their English"

(Indonesia)

Jakarta to Busan via Seoul. Flying Korean Air I was expecting a quality as other SkyTeam member has to offer. Flown on several long-haul flights before, I was surprised that Korean Air don't provide amenity kit for my flight. They have earplugs and other items if you ask them. But wouldn't it be nice to just have it in a pouch, at your seat? Cabin staff should improve their English.
AircraftA330-200
RouteCGK to ICN
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"Staff professional and friendly"

Singapore to Seoul with Korean Air, and an excellent experience. The most leg room I have had in economy class. Staff professional and friendly. Meals are as bad as everywhere. The plane was new with big screens. Sometimes the tapping on the touch screen of the passenger behind is annoying. Overall impressed with Korean Air.
RouteSingapore to Seoul