Korean Air

"all of their four legs was delayed"

Trip Verified | Dallas Ft Worth to Ho Chi Minh City via Seoul. This is the first time I fly Korean air and all of their four legs was delayed. Pretty lousy statistics, I should say. It certainly doesn’t help when your flights are so long and you want to just get through it as quickly as possible. On top of that I was placed in the last row by the bathroom for the nearly 20 hrs flight home. Fortunately I was able to change the seats by going to the airport ticket counter the night before. For the 15 hrs flight from TX to Seoul, only two meals were served. Boy! I was very hungry so on my return flight I packed extra food. Suffice to say future flying with Korean Air will be rather unlikely.
RouteDallas Ft Worth to Ho Chi Minh City via Seoul
Date FlownDecember 2017

"flight attendants were terrible"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Atlanta via Seoul. My husband booked my flight on Korean Air because of the reputation for great customer service. My husband and I have previously had excellent service when we traveled in coach class. However, my flight in Prestige Class was very disappointing. The customer service by the flight attendants on all flights was below average. I was expecting a lot more in Prestige Class. On previous flights, we have been treated much better in coach. I selected a noodle dish on KE 035 which was served with ice cubes floating in the bowl. I had to ask for water since the flight attendant rarely came by to ask if anything was needed. On my return (KE 036), I asked for bread but was told "no" since bread didn't come with my choice of meal. The flight attendant later returned with bread. On flight KE 659, I had to ask for a bottle of water but was told the flight didn't have bottled water. They served me a very small glass of water but didn't come back to see if I needed more water...I had to ask. I find it appalling Korean Air didn't have bottled water. On the same flight, the meal I selected was not good so I ask if I could have the noodle dish. I was shocked when the flight attendant brought me a bag of dried noodles and hot water. I don't know what happened to the excellent customer service experienced on previous flights but my entire flight was not worth the money spent on my Prestige Class ticket. This will be the last time I will ever book a flight on Korean Air. Food was terrible, flight attendants were terrible, the entertainment consisted of very old movies and overall experience was absolutely terrible. Overall rating...less than 1 star. Additionally, the Korean Air lounge at Incheon Airport was absolutely disgusting.
RouteBangkok to Atlanta via Seoul
Date FlownDecember 2017

"level of personalized service"

Trip Verified | JeJu Island to Seoul via Degeau. My wife and I made a mistakes flying from JeJu Island to Seoul by scheduling an impossibly short connection time. The ticket agent recognized this and gave us new seats that allowed us to get off of the plane before other coach passengers, notified the flight attendants that we had a too-short connection who arranged for our checked luggage to come off the conveyor belt first and opened up a baggage check-in lane for us only and our baggage that needed to be re-checked. We made our connection and our luggage arrived with our flight at our final destination. In my wildest dreams I could not imagine this level of personalized service from a US domestic airline. Korea Air deserves more a 10, the highest number on the rating.
RouteJeJu Island to Seoul via Degeau
Date FlownDecember 2017

"not fly them again by choice."

Trip Verified | Bali Denpasar to Seoul Incheon. Check-in was fast and easy by Korean's contracted ground handlers in Denpasar. The flight boarded and pushed back on-time. While the flight overall was fairly comfortable (good seat pitch, good seat-back inflight entertainment, pillow & blanket provided), Korean's cabin crew are very cold and without any personality. They are very robotic in everything they do. The cabin crew was very unfriendly and disingenuous while attending to the passengers - forced, half-smiles when serving the meal and drink service (the breakfast served - was soggy and virtually inedible). This is such a shame because they are dressed to impress and fly onboard such nice airplanes. If only they provided warm, caring hospitality, they would truly be an outstanding airline. Until then, I would not fly on them again by choice.
AircraftA330-300
RouteBali Denpasar to Seoul Incheon

"good value for money"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Seoul. A330 Outbound on time, return A380 30 mins late departing. Both planes clean. crew attentive and smart appearance. Food excellent and choice of three main courses; fish on return not served warm enough (below 60c). IFE okay; reasonable choice but not extensive so being marketed as 'Beyond Entertainment' is somewhat misleading. Delay in accepting commands on screen is annoying. Advertisement for Winter Olympics prior to every show or film gets repetitive; Korean Air should proof watch this 50 times to see what their passengers put up with. Overall good value for money. A380 return too hot in economy.
AircraftA330 / A380
RouteBangkok to Seoul

Korean Air customer review

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Seoul. We would like to express our appreciation to the cabin staff 24 November 2017. We had an issue with the television during the flight. Once we informed her, she actively tried to coordinate with related people to solve the issue and keep us informed on the progress. Moreover, she came to us and explained the safety demonstration personally. This shows great service as a cabin crew. We really appreciated her kindness and support.
RouteBangkok to Seoul
Date FlownNovember 2017

"comfortable seat with ample leg space"

Verified Review | Flew Incheon to Singapore. The best thing that Korean Air offered was a rather comfortable seat with ample leg space. Inflight entertainment and food were decent, albeit not the best. Flight attendants were rather polite and helpful, although I was rather unhappy that the flight attendant serving me failed to enquire me on my preferred choice for dinner. There were 3 meal options - A, B, and C. For option B, we could choose between beef and chicken. Instead of listing them out for me, like she did for the passengers next to me, the attendant took the shortcut by asking if I was okay with option B. On hearing yes, she handed me a serving of option B with chicken in it, showing no interest at all that I might be more keen on having beef instead.
RouteIncheon to Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2017

"the worst that I have ever flown"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Seoul. Do not fly Korean Air business class, it is laid out like coach. What a disaster, 16 hours with someone snoring an inch away. Their business class is the worst that I have ever flown! Do not fly this airline. You are paying way too much for a coach seat!!!
RouteNew York JFK to Seoul
Date FlownNovember 2017

"commend the flight attendants"

Verified Review | Seoul to Honolulu. I want to commend the flight attendants for handling a unruly passenger on a flight to Honolulu. A young lady wanted the whole row of empty unassigned seats at the rear of the airplane because she wanted to sleep during the flight, but there was an older woman already seated there. When I boarded she was sitting with her friend a few seats forward then when she got up to move the older lady was already there. This young girl made such a fuss about her wanting the seat before the other lady. The flight Attendants asked her to sit down because she was delaying takeoff. The flight attendants finally got the old woman another seat and let the young girl have her seats. A flight officer from the cockpit came out to see what the delay was. The flight attendants did right by defusing the situation and dealing with it so the plane could take off.
RouteSeoul to Honolulu
Date FlownMarch 2017

"Seats still extremely spacious with leg room"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Always fly Korean Air nonstop when I visit friends and family in Atlanta. Last trip 2015. Used Gangnam City Terminal checkin which allowed for expedited security at ICN. At ATL, checkin is always hassle free with no wait when you use the web check in line. Seats still extremely spacious with leg room, flexible headrest and recline. I managed to sleep 7-8 hours in both directions! Cabin spotless. Crew friendly, professional and polite in both English and Korean. Entertainment options are a bit lacking, honestly. Oddly, only four Korean movies. Food quality (Korean choices) are tasty, too.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER