Vote Now

Korean Air

"cheaper than premium economy"

Verified Review | London to Auckland return via Seoul. Not having previously flown business class I'm not comparing it to other airlines, however my return trip was cheaper in Korean Business Class than in Cathay Pacific or Air New Zealand Premium Economy. I'm sure Business Class in other airlines may be swankier, but the food was good with adequate choice, staff were attentive, and the cabins were full but quiet. On the way out the two night flights had very spacious layouts with privacy screens, lie flat beds and easy access from window seats to aisle due to staggered arrangement. On the way back it was two day flights in a more basic arrangement but the seats still went flat. Due to the long changeover in Seoul on the way back a free transit hotel was provided - outside the airport but very close to it. Very good hotel, and dinner and breakfast were included. There is only one niggle, that is there wasn't enough choice on the IFE. Dedicated check in desks, lounges clean.
RouteAuckland to London via Seoul
Date FlownApril 2017

"my flight was wonderful"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Manila via Seoul. My flight was wonderful. The lay over at Incheon was not boring. Free internet access. Feeling a little thirsty I asked one of the flight crew for a coke. Waited for at least five minutes without the coke when I realized that maybe the staff forgot about my request, hence I decided to go to where the food and drinks station is located. The staff I approached was very pleasant who asked if there is anything I wanted, and poured me a coke. Few minutes later the cabin staff approached me with a can of coke and a pouch of crackers, very apologetic for forgetting my request.
RouteLos Angeles to Manila via Seoul
Date FlownMarch 2017

"good and very comfortable"

Verified Review | A rather good flight overall. Good and very comfortable / spacious hard product (despite the old 2-2-2 cabin layout in Business), on time, with good information and a very active and friendly cabin crew (except for the interaction I'll describe further). Korean Air Ground staff in CDG were very good and managed to help me join my reservation with a connecting KE flight (under a different reservation) and tag my luggage directly to the final destination, which saved me a lot of time and hassle in ICN. Onboard, pillows are quite small and not that comfortable for a full-flat bed in Business Class, similar to what you would find in Premium Economy on some other airlines. Catering could also be improved (KE always has very good food on long haul flights in economy class but I feel the upside between business and economy is not up to what you find on other Skyteam members). The big surprise came a little later down the flight when I was taking pictures of the economy cabin from the rear of the lower deck. A cabin crew came rushing out of nowhere and started asking me whether I took pictures, to which I replied "yes of course is that a problem?". Without further explanation she requested to see the pictures I had taken with my cellphone (I didn't know people can actually ask for that?) which I did while asking what the issue was (no reply). After a few seconds she said "ah it's OK" and left. No further explanation, no apologies for the rude (or stressed out) tone of voice.. The cabin manager came during that time and was standing nearby not saying anything and just left without saying a word. I've been flying countless times for over 10 years with Korean Air and have never experienced any such situation. This just felt really rude and a bit strange that the staff couldn't just have a polite and simple discussion with me to explain what the issue was.
RouteParis to Seoul
Date FlownMarch 2017

"the staff were very respectful and courteous"

Verified Review | Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia to Seoul, South Korea with Korean Air (return). Both flights were uneventful, helped by the fact that the staff were very respectful and courteous. The food in economy was average but consistent with other Korean Air flights. The flight departed an hour late but this was well communicated via email and at the check-in counter at the airport. Also, the IFE worked OK despite the touch screen on my seat feature not functioning.
AircraftA330-300
RouteUlaanbaatar to Seoul
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"I wish never made the purchase"

Verified Review | Seoul to Los Angeles. If you are buying a ticket for someone else, do not buy. When you are purchase a ticking using your own credit card for someone else, Korean Air will make you go to their Los Angeles office to verify your credit card (payment methods). I have spoken to a customer service rep (English speaker) over the phone and Korean Air will not accept any other method of verification. I think it’s great that they have a strict security system. However, I believe it’s unnecessary to have your customer drive over 50 miles (3 hours in total drive – round trip) to verify that I am the credit card holder. There were cheaper airline tickets available at the time of purchase. However, I wanted to buy a premium airline ticket (Korean Air, Asiana Air, Singapore Air) for my in-laws. Honestly, this has been the worst experience ever. I wish never made the purchase. Would have saved a lot of money, time and frustration,
RouteSeoul to Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"appallingly slow with zero sense of urgency"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | I have been in a check-in line at Incheon for one hour and still have at least 15 mins more until I reach the front. It is appallingly slow with zero sense of urgency and no assistance for passengers when their flights reach last call. Incheon is supposedly a top and modern airport and I am shocked by this antiquated system. Even Bangkok check-ins move faster than this. If flying Korean Air, you need to arrive 3 hours before.
RouteSeoul to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"terrible customer service"

Unverified | Los Angeles to Phuket via Seoul Incheon. Do not book your flight with Korean Air, they have terrible customer service. We booked our trip 8 months in advance and paid for our flights and hotels. My husband ended up not being able to go on the trip so I tried to change the ticket to my son and was told this was not possible. Supervisors will says they will call you back in 7-8 hours and a week goes by without a call, I tired calling everyday and was told they were unavailable. We ended up not being able to on the trip and lost over $5000 in air fare and hotels money paid. Our family is completely devastated. We never go on expensive trips and the first one we attempted we lost out on all because Korean Air can not change a ticket name from a father to a son of the same family. Weird since they advertise they pride themselves on family.
RouteLAX to HKT via ICN
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"impressed by the legroom"

Verified Review | Singapore to Honolulu via Seoul Incheon. Singapore to Incheon on an A330-300 which has the new economy class seats. I was impressed by the legroom which makes this 6 hours flight more than comfortable. The touch screen IFE system is very responsive; I am a pop songs enthusiast, the IFE had offered me so far the greatest variety of songs. My connecting flight from Incheon to Honolulu is operated by an old B747-400, and even though the IFE is the old version, the seat was surprisingly comfortable, despite the outdate, it still has wide choices of songs and movies. For both flights, the meals were very tasty, the cabin crew and ground staff in Incheon airport are very friendly and helpful. I would definitely fly again soon.
AircraftA330-300 / B747-400
RouteSingapore to Honolulu via Seoul

"exceptionally good value"

Verified Review | Auckland to London via Seoul. Excellent communication to advise us that inbound flight was delayed so checked in later. Staff were professional both on the ground and in the air. The selection of food in the premier class lounges was good and seating at both Auckland and Incheon comfortable with plenty of room. On board our seats were 180 flat beds. Very good menu options. Selection of films was also very good. As our flight from Seoul to London connected the following day, Korean put you up at the Hyatt Regency and included dinner and breakfast. Great layover! Really recommend this airline as being exceptionally good value.
RouteAuckland to London via Seoul
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"very polite charming flight attendants"

Verified Review | Good price paid for a business class fare return from London to Auckland and I wasn’t expecting too much but was pleasantly surprised. Very polite charming flight attendants if at times a little robotic but good service. I ordered a steak on two sectors and it was wonderfully cooked, something I wasn’t expecting from an airline meal however drinks are served in thimble sized glasses but the flight crew are always obliging with top ups but wine choice is rather limited for a business class product. The 747–8 from Seoul to Auckland business class suites are fantastic private semi enclosed suites with direct aisle access and I understand that Korean may start to use this aircraft on the London to Seoul route which is a far superior business class experience than the 2-3-2 layout of the current 777-300 currently used out of Heathrow. Please be aware that for some reason Korean runs the cabin temperature high so dress lightly although from my own experience this mainly seems to be on the 77-300’s.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 and Boeing 747-8