Korean Air

"like the foods on board"

Trip Verified | Manila to Toronto via Seoul Incheon. I like the foods on board, the service and entertainment. Also the amenities on board.
RouteManila to Toronto via Seoul Incheon
Date FlownApril 2018

"seats with unbelievable leg space"

Trip Verified | I have traveled Korean Air many times and it is offering amazing Economy class product between Australia and Europe - seats with unbelievable leg space, nice catering, clean aircrafts, free 5-star hotel in Incheon on transit. Airbus 330 and Boeing 747-8 aircraft are very comfortable and friendly to Economy class guests. The only large disadvantage is that you can't upgrade to business with miles on the majority of fares.
AircraftA330-300, Boeing 747-8
RouteBrisbane to Rome via Seoul
Date FlownAugust 2017

"utter lack of caring"

Not Verified | Chicago to Bangkok via Seoul. I did not make to the Korean air portion of the flight, so this more about the service. Weather caused our American Airlines initial flight (all booked through the Korean Air website), to be delayed multiple times causing us to miss our connecting flight to Seoul and ultimately to Bangkok. Called the Korean air service line and they suggested requesting the gate agent to ask them to hold the flight. American agents said Korean does not do that. After calling both airline service lines and having close to an hour delay, they both said the other airlines had to change it. American was adamant this is a Korean ticket and only they can release to change. BTW, 2 kids under 5 that had been up since 4 am, so we were not in the mood to run around the airport. Chicago transfer agent K20 gate, wouldn’t let us transfer, so had to go out of security to get to terminal 5. So took the bus, with whole family in tow, to terminal 5. The Korean Air agents used very polite words to say it wasn’t their problem, they would not help and the best they could do was standby for tomorrow and since the flight was full, very unlikely to go tomorrow. That was the last straw. Helping me to resolve the problem is the job of the Korean Air service counter team, when I bought tickets from their company. The utter lack of caring or willingness to do anything amazed me. Korean Air lost a customer for life today. I had used Korean air for last 10+ years at least 2-3 round trips Asia a year. Will stick with someone else from now on.
RouteChicago to Bangkok via Seoul
Date FlownJune 2018

"friendly and personable"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Seoul Incheon to Amsterdam. I was satisfied with this flight overall. Check in process was friendly and efficient at Incheon airport, even though I arrived with less than an hour until departure. The seat was quite comfortable for a long trip, with plenty of leg room. I would say that the entertainment is not as good as on many other international airlines, but better than Asiana, with a reasonably interesting range of movies but a fairly lousy range of TV shows. I ordered a gluten free meal and was quite happy with the quality - probably one of the better GF meals I've had on a plane, but unfortunately Korean airlines don't seem to ever manage to provide GF bread. The range of drinks was okay, but again, I think it's smaller than many other international carriers, even in economy. The flight attendants serving my aisle were friendly and personable and made a real effort to interact with the passengers in a warm way - this was the most impressive part of the experience for me. Plane arrived on time in Paris and the toilets were kept clean for the whole trip.
RouteSeoul Incheon to Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2018

"nickel and dime culture"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Chiang Mai via Seoul. We decided to spend a little bit more for our flight to Thailand in exchange for a better service and were disappointed: We could have saved several hundreds of dollars if we had used a Chinese budget airline. What was good about Korean Air were the flight attendants who were super friendly and helpful, on our return flight to LAX they even carried my carry on bag for me, when they saw that I was holding our baby. The reason why we won't fly with Korean Air anymore: I had ordered a "vegetarian oriental meal" (not vegan, but vegetarian which isn't as restrictive) What I received was a joke: it looked like someone had emptied half a can of peas into the aluminum container and thrown some bok choi leaves on top. No sauce, tofu, rice or potatoes. Horrible. My wife was still hungry after her meal and asked for a snack. The answer was: "we don't carry any snacks" (contrary to what their website says: "Snack Service A wide variety of snacks, such as samgak kimbop, cup ramen, pizza, and makkoli rice cakes, are served on long flights." The flight attendant explained: "we stopped offering cup ramen because of the smell" when my wife told him that she used to get ramen on previous flights. I had one can of beer at the beginning of the flight and ordered a gin tonic several hours later. This drink spilled because my table was defective (the kind which you pull out from the armrest). When I asked for another drink they watered it down and advised me "this is your last drink, each passenger is allowed to have only 3 drinks". I was not the slightest little bit drunken and very surprised because even on low budget airlines like Air India nobody told me how many drinks I could have. This is obviously a policy which is supposed to save the airline money. We both started to get a headache because of dehydration. When I asked for water, the flight attendant poured approximately 4 table spoons into a cup, I went back and forth several times between our seats and the pantry and each time they filled the cup only 50%. We were both thirsty during the entire flight. Before departure there was a bottle of water on each seat and as soon as the boarding was completed, they hurried to collect the water bottles from the vacant seats. (Probably in order to lock them up in the safe...) 5.) We had purchased an inflatable pillow which was specifically designed for air travel. As soon as my wife started to inflate the pillow, several flight attendants approached us saying that we were not allowed to use it. Obviously Korean Air's management made decisions in order to save money and we felt this nickel and dime culture during the entire trip. If we had chosen a low cost Chinese airline, we may have received some kind of rude treatment but enough to eat and drink for several hundred Dollars less.
RouteLos Angeles to Chiang Mai via Seoul

"Transit was a breeze"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | I have flown with KE a few times now. This time around it was less than stellar. Arrived 3hrs and 30 minutes prior to departure. Well, check-in wasn’t a pleasant experience. It took me 1 hour to check in luggage due to the fact there was only 2 counters opened and there was a huge line to check in. Transit was a breeze and enjoyable due to the fact that Korean Air uses the new T2 in Incheon. The flight to JFK was good and comfortable, food was good. No complains here. Aside from the 1 hour check in, it was still a good experience. I have read bad reviews about seat comfort, but you get leg room which is around 33-34” and lets remember most airlines comes with a 31-32” leg room.
RouteCebu to New York via Seoul
Date FlownJune 2018

"absence of footrest in economy"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to New York via Seoul-Incheon. The aircraft was in excellent condition. The cabin was clean and smelling good and seats had ample leg room. IFE was okay but has limited selection. Food was above average but could taste better. Cabin crew are kind and warm but could've been more attentive to needs, as there was a point they stop delivering drinks (you know how it gets too dry in the throat during long-haul flights). My biggest concern with my flight was the absence of footrest in economy seats and perhaps the biggest factor why I'll rather fly Asiana in my next trip.
RouteManila to New York via Seoul-Incheon
Date FlownMarch 2018

"would fly Korean Air again"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Business class from Singapore to Seoul. We checked-in from terminal 4, there is an exclusive area in the lounge for first class passengers,. Food was below average, flight service and smile was good, IFE was acceptable, camera onboard was acceptable, and the seat was extremely comfortable on this 6 hour flight. I was disappointed though that no amenity kit was provided on this red-eye flight. We arrived at terminal 2 in Incheon airport where the experience was extremely positive for us compared to terminal 1. I would definitely fly Korean Air again. However, unfortunately they do not have routes to the Middle East.
RouteSingapore to Seoul
Date FlownMay 2018

"I would fly with KE again"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Osaka via Seoul. The leg room was impressive, I am 6'1 and can sit comfortably. Meal service was great. Crew was warm and with smiles. The only thing is that the In-flight entertainment system, compare to CX and NZ, the choices of the movies were limited. Nevertheless, I would fly with KE again for sure.
AircraftBoeing 777-200/300
RouteAuckland to Osaka via Seoul
Date FlownApril 2018

"not use this airline again"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Seoul to Tokyo Narita. I use my mom's credit card to buy my flight ticket. But, When I was check in at the counter in Incheon, They required me to show my mom's credit card, if not I need to buy a new ticket again (refund for old ticket). Because I study in Seoul and my mom is in Thailand, it is impossible to show them. But, I asked other friends who also use their's parents card to buy, they doent need to show the card. So it is kinda confuse me. Also, The flight was delay for 1 hour too Anyways, I really hate this process and it quite annoying, I will not use this airline again in the future.
RouteSeoul to Tokyo Narita