Vote Now

Korean Air

"appallingly slow with zero sense of urgency"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | I have been in a check-in line at Incheon for one hour and still have at least 15 mins more until I reach the front. It is appallingly slow with zero sense of urgency and no assistance for passengers when their flights reach last call. Incheon is supposedly a top and modern airport and I am shocked by this antiquated system. Even Bangkok check-ins move faster than this. If flying Korean Air, you need to arrive 3 hours before.
RouteSeoul to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"terrible customer service"

Unverified | Los Angeles to Phuket via Seoul Incheon. Do not book your flight with Korean Air, they have terrible customer service. We booked our trip 8 months in advance and paid for our flights and hotels. My husband ended up not being able to go on the trip so I tried to change the ticket to my son and was told this was not possible. Supervisors will says they will call you back in 7-8 hours and a week goes by without a call, I tired calling everyday and was told they were unavailable. We ended up not being able to on the trip and lost over $5000 in air fare and hotels money paid. Our family is completely devastated. We never go on expensive trips and the first one we attempted we lost out on all because Korean Air can not change a ticket name from a father to a son of the same family. Weird since they advertise they pride themselves on family.
RouteLAX to HKT via ICN
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"impressed by the legroom"

Verified Review | Singapore to Honolulu via Seoul Incheon. Singapore to Incheon on an A330-300 which has the new economy class seats. I was impressed by the legroom which makes this 6 hours flight more than comfortable. The touch screen IFE system is very responsive; I am a pop songs enthusiast, the IFE had offered me so far the greatest variety of songs. My connecting flight from Incheon to Honolulu is operated by an old B747-400, and even though the IFE is the old version, the seat was surprisingly comfortable, despite the outdate, it still has wide choices of songs and movies. For both flights, the meals were very tasty, the cabin crew and ground staff in Incheon airport are very friendly and helpful. I would definitely fly again soon.
AircraftA330-300 / B747-400
RouteSingapore to Honolulu via Seoul

"exceptionally good value"

Verified Review | Auckland to London via Seoul. Excellent communication to advise us that inbound flight was delayed so checked in later. Staff were professional both on the ground and in the air. The selection of food in the premier class lounges was good and seating at both Auckland and Incheon comfortable with plenty of room. On board our seats were 180 flat beds. Very good menu options. Selection of films was also very good. As our flight from Seoul to London connected the following day, Korean put you up at the Hyatt Regency and included dinner and breakfast. Great layover! Really recommend this airline as being exceptionally good value.
RouteAuckland to London via Seoul
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"very polite charming flight attendants"

Verified Review | Good price paid for a business class fare return from London to Auckland and I wasn’t expecting too much but was pleasantly surprised. Very polite charming flight attendants if at times a little robotic but good service. I ordered a steak on two sectors and it was wonderfully cooked, something I wasn’t expecting from an airline meal however drinks are served in thimble sized glasses but the flight crew are always obliging with top ups but wine choice is rather limited for a business class product. The 747–8 from Seoul to Auckland business class suites are fantastic private semi enclosed suites with direct aisle access and I understand that Korean may start to use this aircraft on the London to Seoul route which is a far superior business class experience than the 2-3-2 layout of the current 777-300 currently used out of Heathrow. Please be aware that for some reason Korean runs the cabin temperature high so dress lightly although from my own experience this mainly seems to be on the 77-300’s.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 and Boeing 747-8
RouteLHR to AKL via ICN
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"everyone was extremely courteous and professional"

Verified Review | We have just returned from a Christmas trip from Sydney having got business class tickets for £2450 with Korean Air. I think for this money one needs to limit their expectations. It's a flat bed to the other side of the world. Premium carriers were well over £3000. Check in was quick and smooth, the lounges were fine, not top class but for the money more than adequate. Food offering at Seoul was average at best, Sydney breakfast was the best of all. On board everyone was extremely courteous and professional. English was widely spoken. The food offering was pretty good on most sectors even asking how one wanted their steak cooked and then delivering on that offer, the Korean dishes were good especially their signature Bibimbap. I had one dish (cold noodle salad) that wasn't for me, without hesitation after seeing I had not touched it the Flight attendant offered me any other choice I wanted. Korean seems to put less emphasis on drinks than European airlines. Not a bad thing, just different. However once you realise that they only pour about a third of a glass at a time or won't be quick in offering drinks after take off you only had to ask and a drink appeared immediately and with a smile. The wine from LHR was mainly French and pretty average. From ICN-SYD was Californian or Australian and better. There are some new films but the on board entertainment is average. With iPads loaded with films and magazine sthis becomes less important these days. The business bed (the older type on 777's out of Heathrow and the 380 to SYD) were spacious although not the most comfortable for some one 6'3'. They say they are 180 degree flat beds but they aren't completely flat. There was an annoying plastic foot rest that meant you couldn't stretch out enough and the head rest wouldn't push up far enough to not hit your shoulders, along with the pillows being about A4 size. I see that from April Korean are rostering a 747-8 on the LHR-INC route that will have the new prestige sleeper suite. Although also prices are rising to £2550-£2850. I think once you start pushing towards £3k better airlines start to look good value. Due to the near 20 hour gap between flights Korean put you up at The Grand Hyatt hotel at the airport which was fantastic. We had dinner and breakfast included and the food on offer was spectacular. If time is no major concern the ability to break the journey (especially at an airlines expense) have a great nights sleep and then carry on the next day is ideal. I don't think I have ever felt this good after 24 hours of arriving back from Australia.
AircraftBoeing 777-300, A380
RouteLHR to SYD via INC

"service was exceptional"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | I often take flight from Seoul to Paris CDG and vice versa. It's long and tiring flight especially when you are in economy. However, I wouldn't be too frustrated about flying 12 hours with Korean Air. First of all, from check in to ground staff all are kind. The last trip was everything I could ask for an economy passenger. The cabin crew service was exceptional. I was very tired so I decide to sleep and miss my meal. Not only did they reserve a meal for me they combined part of an economy meal and business meal to serve me from the middle of nowhere. They checked up on me several times during flight if everything fine until I walked out through boarding gate.
AircraftA380-800
RouteCDG to ICN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"would not hesitate to fly again with them"

Verified Review | I flew to Las Vegas in March 2016. From Manila, I had a layover in Seoul and then flew to Los Angeles. That was a 19 hour flight in total I think. I especially like their spacious legroom. They have excellent food quality. Korean Air's staff are all friendly and attentive to passengers needs. The only thing I didn't like was the clogged sink in the toilet. Overall, I would not hesitate to fly again with them.
RouteMNL to LAS
Date FlownMarch 2016

"food mediocre on both legs"

Verified Review | Check in at LHR appeared to be outsourced and was helpful. We had a connecting flight fro SYD to AKL which had been booked separately but they managed to have our luggage checked right through and gave us guidance on how to ensure that the transit at SYD went smoothly. Cabin interior on 777 from LHR to ICN seemed tired. Seats were almost lie flat but combination of protruding headrest and small pillow was most uncomfortable. Cabin stiflingly, almost unbearably, hot during the night. Much more comfortable on A380 on second leg. Food mediocre on both legs. One western (beef and potatoes) and two Korean main courses. Accompaniments basic at best. A limited choice of a couple of reasonable red and white wines on the menu but when presented by staff this came over as whether your preference was red or white with no bottles or indication of the range of choice on display. IFE basic with small range of movies and a definite shortage of blockbusters. Remote did not work on first leg. Staff were generally capable and keen to please on both legs. This trip with Korean Air was offered at a substantial discount to the major providers' pricing and that made it acceptable.
AircraftBoeing 777, A380
RouteLHR to SYD via ICN
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"my last flight with them"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Nadi, Fiji via Seoul. It was my first flight with Korean Air and it certainly is the last one. Whoever told me it is one of the best, seems to not have traveled with any other company apart from some Ryanair or American Airlines, which, ironically, are better than Korean Air as far as I am concerned. My gluten free food - I don't know exactly what they put there, but my strong medicine couldn't help me. When I asked for half a lemon and warm water, which usually helps me a tiny bit at least to calm down when I am trapped on the plane without access to medical help, they gave me a small slice and were visibly annoyed when I asked for more lemon. The service onboard is outrageous. Air-hostesses are more concerned with how they look instead of how they work. Rude answers to simple questions, blocking the way to lavatory while reading something and ignoring me saying "excuse me" a few times, not even saying good bye when passengers were leaving the plane. These are just some examples. On top of those, my suitcase was broken. The mess they created out of this situation is unbelievable. There's nothing straightforward, even to proceed with compensation they ask you to sign a weird document to state you have already received the money (what?). To get the money, you need to go to the airport to get cash from their representative. Imagine being on a small island with a broken luggage not knowing where even to buy a new one that you will like and will not want to throw away to waste. Entertainment system is a joke. Definitely my last flight with them.
RouteHKG to NAN via ICN