KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Vancouver-Amsterdam in Business Class. Overall a poor experience. Lounge shared with 5 Asian airlines looked dated not clean limited food/snacks on offer (instant noodle soup) dirty washrooms and cramped seating. Wifi OK. Boarding chaotic. Priority given to family with small children resulted in 40% of all pax moving forward. On board seating unacceptable as to be expected no lie-flat seats. Food and beverage service just acceptable. Not a fan of a Dutch Winter meal (hutspot) offered in mid-summer. Professional friendly Staff. Offering a non stop YVR-AMS service is a big plus. For me the only reason to choose KLM.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

CWL-AMS-CGK in Business Class: delayed out of Cardiff meant very tight connection in Amsterdam with no time for luggage to be loaded. I was offered a night in Amsterdam but couldn't opt for this due to business meetings in Jakarta soon after arrival. Bought a few clothes which I hope KLM will reimburse me for. Luggage delivered to my hotel room in Jakarta the following night. Service on Cityhopper F70 and B777 good and food reasonable. I thought movie choice a bit limited but music choice adequate. on AMS-KUL I thought the service was only average which was unusual for KLM in my opinion. Allowed to remain on board during brief stop in Kuala Lumpur. Looking forward to return flight in August and being able to fly into Cardiff a regional airport close to my home.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Booked and paid for our flights 8 months ahead. Arrived at airport 3 hours before our international flight - they said we were on standby because we didn't book our seats online 30 hours previous. We were on holiday and received no conditions when we booked about having to confirm online. We had connections so they probably had to put us on the flight but assured us we would be well compensated if they couldn't get us on the flight. These people were so rude and arrogant. They did put us on the flight (the one we booked and paid for 8 months out) and then somehow felt we should have been extremely grateful! Then the electronics didn't work the entire 12 hour flight so we got a voucher for 50 euro discount on our next booking. Never again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

YYZ-AMS-YYZ. The economy seats booked in February were changed. On the outbound flight my seat remained the same as booked but my wife's seat was changed to one somewhere else in the plane. We upgraded to two seats in comfort economy. On the return flight both of our seats which we had booked were changed to the row in the middle immediately behind the washroom. Trying to inquire about these changes was time consuming and useless.

(Austria)

Vancouver to Oslo via Amsterdam in Economy Comfort. Aircraft B777-200. Very happy with KLM product. Excellent website where you can select your meal seat and even the person next to you if you use "Meet and Seat". Extra legroom in the Comfort zone and front of cabin with a friendly and enthusiastic steward. A drink with a nuts was served as an aperitif and the meal after that with another drink service. Meal was not large but tasty. Enormous movie and TV selection on personal screen without charge. Throughout the flight plenty of water was served a snack mid-flight and continental breakfast. Transfer at Amsterdam easy and pleasant Good signage nice cafe's and shops. Short flight to Oslo very good. KLM really have a consistent and pleasant economy product now which is excellent value. Transferring at Amsterdam Schiphol airport is much easier and nicer than Frankfurt or London. In my opinion and I fly 80 flights a year on many different airlines KLM really deserves its new 4-star status.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Often fly KLM on Amsterdam - Vienna route either with 737-700's or Embraer 190's. For a limited amount (10-20 euro depending of your Flying Blue status) you can get a premium economy seat on the 737's resulting in 4 inch of extra space making the seat very comfortable. If you're lucky you even can get a seat with extra space in economy if business usage is limited and classes shift forward. Seats on the Embraer are fine as well mostly as it is a 2+2 layout. KLM staff are in general very friendly and often call me by name. Drinks service is ok always giving 2 drinks sometimes even an extra round. Snacks unfortunately are a shame often only providing a small bag of cookies. On the morning flights there is sometimes a sandwich but always the same (cheese spread). Also the lack of a newspaper is a pity. All together the flight and seats are fine the staff are friendly but catering is poor.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

I was unable at the time of making my reservation to select a seat due to systems problems. I went to the site that advertises the option of seat selection and selected seats. I arrived at the airport and discovered my selected seats were not available and I was assigned a seat beside the washroom and behind infant row. My seat selection was also changed on the second leg of my journey. False advertising poor contact centre service and the seats are worse than other carriers. The food was really awful. The staff were the only positive attribute. If at all possible I will never fly KLM again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

HAM-AMS-BKK in June 2013. HAM-AMS on E195 aircraft 50 min. short Inter-European flight. Nothings expected and nothing to complain. Soft drink with cracker and nuts was served. Transit at 4 stars Schiphol-Airport was very easy. AMS-BKK on B777-300 flight on time Y Cabin full and with KLM’s with 3-4-3 seats config (like EK/EY/OS/AF) very narrow seats narrow aisle I felt like a sardine in the can. Cabin crews old but experienced professional polite and strongly enthusiastic throughout the flight. Info from cockpit came often IFE very goods with touch screen and 500 programs Dinner (2 choices) with extra 300ml bottle of water for every passenger. Presentation and quality of meals were standard Y Class. Duty free offers a lot of choices. During the flight crews came often with ice creams/ crackers and water. Before Landing continental breakfast was served. After Landing crews are still “ on enthusiasm service” with helping passenger with their handbags/ saying thank you and goodbye with smiles. For me KLM is a 4 Stars airline in Y class product.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Toronto to Amsterdam return. Flew on an A330 both ways. Cabin crew was excellent and the food and wine selection was good. The seat is not lie flat and I could not find a comfortable sleeping position. I did manage a couple hours in the recline position though. The cost of the ticket was about 30% less than similar itineraries I looked at before booking which may account for the different seat.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Amsterdam to Toronto. Captain was very diligent with flight information. The Crew worked non-stop in supplying us with food-drink-snacks plus offering extra attention to those who needed it. Hopefully I'll get the chance to fly KLM in the future.