KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

(Finland)

Jakarta - Kuala Lumpur - Amsterdam - Helsinki in economy class. In general a very enjoyable experience. Only thing to complain about is the economy seat on the B777-300ER planes. Jakarta - Kuala Lumpur was a short hop of 1.5 hrs. Everything ran smoothly: check in at Jakarta was hassle free. Onboard a warm meal was served not the best but really good for airplane food. The salad and cake were far too cold. The cabin crew were very welcoming friendly and smiling. Overall the service was very good. I had booked myself a preferred seat (30€) from KLM website in advance. Stop over in Kuala Lumpur was very smooth. Clear announcements made onboard in Dutch and English. Arrival announcements were also made in Indonesian and Malaysian although these were not that comprehensive. Kuala Lumpur - Amsterdam was a 12 hour leg. The cabin crew were excellent. A hot meal and breakfast was served on the flight. After the meal I slept for 7 hours even though the seat was uncomfortable. Economy seats onboard the 777-300ER plane just ruins the day. The seat pitch is 32" and seat width 17.5". The seat is a little too hard in my opinion and the recline is just ridiculous. Even the 737 I flew to Helsinki had a superior economy seat compared to the long haul plane. Transfer in Amsterdam was very simple and easy no problems whatsoever. Nice and friendly staff on ground as well even though a little colder service. Amsterdam - Helsinki was a very pleasant flight. Packed flight. The cabin crew were once again very warm and smiling. The food served was two pieces of sandwich which I liked. Seat onboard this B737-800 aircraft was really comfortable and reclined more than onboard the 777. All flights were on time all the transfers were hassle free the food served onboard was tasty my bags arrived in Helsinki and the service provided by the cabin crew was excellent.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

I flew on February 22nd from TXL to GRU via Amsterdam. It was a very nice trip. Very good service the AVOD is quite outdated the food was quite good. TXL-AMS was on a 737-700 and on the transatlantic route was a 777-300. I really enjoyed the transfer in Amsterdam and quite happy with the variety of shops.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

BCN-AMS-GIG (Rio de Janeiro) March 10th. Had to fly KLM because no other option was left. In fact I did not expect anything but a bad flight. KLM went beyond its fame: just a horrific experience. BCN-AMS was delayed no explanation. Ground staff and cabin crew were both rude and ignorant: no lounge invitation despite of Premium Economy Ticket no respect of priority boarding. BCN-AMS was full of noisy Chinese passengers who left the plane extremely dirty after 30 minutes of flight. "Breakfast" was a single Edam cheese sandwich no other choice so I could not eat at all. Transfer at AMS was extremely short and we had to run. Ground staff at Schiphol are just good-for-nothings. AMS-GIG: old tired Boeing 777-200. My Premium Economy ticket has been not taken into consideration and I found myself in Economy in the middle of the plane. Only one choice for meal again small portions food inedible. "Snack" served prior to landing was laughable pizza OR crisps and when the trolley came to my row no pizza available. Cabin crew rude and impolite they spent all the time playing with their phones in the galley. Plane landed late at GIG luggage delivery took 1hr. Never again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

I flew a KLM B737-900ER twice and I was very impressed. This is my first time flying KLM (AMS-VCE-AMS) and it was excellent. The flight was on-time and check-in staff were very nice. I am a Skyteam "elite plus" member so I got to enter the KLM Crown Lounge once again very impressed. The seats were amazing for a European flight and they had tasty food for a 3 hour flight. The flight had a map of the flight on the screens and the FA's were all smiles and a funny safety demo on the first fight too! When we arrived almost all the baggage was off the plane before the jetway got to us! This airline was one of the best I have flown and will definitely fly KLM again.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

I flew on KL682 from Vancouver to Amsterdam two days ago. The seat pitch in Economy is too narrow (31") for a 10 hours flight. As headrests are not adjustable most passengers fumble with their pillow trying to squeeze it between themselves and the seat. It's quite pathetic to see actually. Results? Poor sleep and back pain. Otherwise service and IE are good.

(Malaysia)

KL809 KUL-CGK. Rude check-in counter crew at KUL flight delayed one hour because of late arrival from AMS. After one hour we boarded the aircraft then when we were near the runway suddenly the aircraft was stopped. Around 20 mins later the captain made an announcement saying that there were 2 passengers that were double booked and they were contacting ground staff regarding that matter. After a one hour wait finally the plane took off. Arrived in CGK 2 hours later than STA. I did not manage to catch my connection flight to DPS because of that. After 2 hours waiting we expected that they would serve us a hot dinner on board however they only served a vegetarian pie.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

KL1477 on Feb 26th. After having issues with the booking the KLM customer service support staff were very slow to respond (certainly not within 24 hrs as claimed) and the responses were unhelpful. The actual flight was ok and close to on time (slightly delayed) in flight beverage/snack service was good. However the KLM website stopped recognizing my frequent flyer code (and all partner airline codes from what KLM tells me) and I have not been able to select my seats for 1.5 years since they had a website change in Nov 2012. To select a seat I must contact KLM directly for each flight which has proven problematic repeatedly. I found the customer support to be something that needs improvement both with the level of service and the consistency.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

First and last time flying KLM. Terrible outbound and inbound experience. 8 day round trip. Outbound flight from Heathrow cancelled and I had to be rebooked onto an alternative airline with a 12 hour delay. Due to fly out on 15/02/12 on flight KL1000. Due to fly back on KL523 leaving Lusaka on 25/02/14 inbound flight grounded in Lusaka (Lusaka-AMS) for 24 hours! Poor communication from staff. I had paid for Economy Comfort seats lost them at connection in AMS. Terrible food service AMS to LHR - only egg sandwich served. My daughter doesn't eat egg and when asked for a biscuit or something else we were completely ignored. Supposed to connect from AMS to LHR on flight KL1017 on 25/02/14 but ended up on flight KL1007 on 26/02/24. Absolutely awful experience start to finish.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

AMS-GVA 16/2 KL1925 and GVA-AMS 20/2 KL1932. First flight on KLM 737-700 was ok simple breakfast but good quality bread in a small box with tea and orange juice to order all free from charge! Return flight on a KLM City Hopper a bit crowded in a loaded Embraer 190. Drinks were ok but the food was only a very small. Crew on both flights were ok.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

We recently returned from Malaga Spain on first Transavia Air Flight 2648 on Feb. 15 2014 to Amsterdam and then transferred to KLM Flight 301 to Montreal. My husband had suffered a severe leg injury the previous week and had a very difficult time walking. When I mentioned this to the staff of Transavia Air I was reassured that a wheelchair would be available and assistance given for our connection. This was handled expertly with compassion and care. Arrangements were also made by KLM for assistance to exit the plane retrieve baggage and connect to bus for the final leg of our trip to Ottawa. All staff on both planes were helpful courteous and made a long journey much easier.