Top 100 Airports

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"service was the best"

(Japan)

Osaka to Brussels via Amsterdam with KLM. Kudos to this airline for being so efficient and helpful. The Boeing 787-9 on KL868 was a treat. Nothing can beat the 1-2-1 seating. I was seated in 1K and my wife in 2K. Service was the best that you could imagine. What stunned me was that the lavatories were decorated in the Delft Blue House wallpaper which I think was a wonderful idea. An old B77W on the way back on KL867. However, this flight did not disappoint us because the service was better than on the leg coming in. And what a coincidence. Our chief purser was the same charming gentlemen as one week again. He remembered us and chit chatted with out during the flight. I love the Dutch service and Dutch hospitality provided to us. We will definitely travel KLM when we are going to Europe again.
AircraftBoeing 789 / 773ER
RouteKIX to BRU via AMS
Date FlownAugust 2016

"crew were helpful but not jovial"

Flew KLM from Amsterdam to Taïpei. The B777 cabin was new and very well suited for a long-haul flight. I particularly enjoyed the inflight entertainment system, that was efficient with great choice of movies, music and games. Lot of languages were available, that's a good point. The seat was comfortable, but I noticed that there was no footrest. The inflight service was complete, with the crew serving short drinks and refreshing towels before to serve the diner (that always comes a long time after take-off on long-haul flights). Hot bread was also a good point. The only thing that I missed on this flight was the crews smile. Apart from a very nice steward, the whole crew were helpful but not jovial. I did not get any smiles.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteAMS to TPE
Date FlownAugust 2016

"service was to me of a very high order"

Verified Review | Flew from Cardiff to Beijing via Amsterdam with KLM. Left Cardiff at 10:25 arrived Amsterdam on time at 12:45. Good flight, plane (Fokker 70) was comfortable, coffee and a small snack served, aircraft clean and cabin staff very good. Long layover at Amsterdam, nearly 5 hours for flight to Beijing, flight to Beijing (Boeing 747-400 mixed configuration) left on time, again plane was clean and tidy, two meals during the flight which I really enjoyed, seats were comfortable, watched a film on the video screen to pass the time, toilets were clean and tidy and the cabin crew were wonderful. The rest of the travel from Beijing to Beihai was with China Southern Airlines who are partners to KLM on this route and again there were no problems their planes were clean and tidy, food was good and some of the cabin crew spoke English. I was very happy with the flights and the service was to me of a very high order and I will certainly fly with them again, I have flown with KLM - China Southern 3 times now and will continue to do so in the future.
AircraftFokker 70 / Boeing 747-400
RouteCWL to PEK via AMS
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"more than acceptable"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Flew Schiphol to Jakarta. KLM were the cheapest and had the most convenient flight times. All flights on time. Boarding and luggage dropoff at Schipol were effortless and smooth. In terms of inflight service I found it to be more than acceptable. Seat backs were good and overall 12+ hours in their seats did not feel unbearable at all. IFE was up to date. No complaints about the IFE. The flight attendants were always visible and very attentive. They keep you well stocked up with food and drink during the flights. Overall my experience was good and I would fly with KLM on a long haul trip again.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteAMS to CGK
Date FlownJune 2016

"best described as business basic"

Both flights with KLM (Toronto - Amsterdam and Amsterdam - Shanghai) were on time and the lay-flat seats were comfortable, especially on the Amsterdam-Shanghai route where I enjoyed the single seat 1A, the best one on B747. The crew was courteous, but the food was mediocre and the amenities kit very basic (socks, eye cover, toothbrush, comb) even when compared to their close Skyteam partners (AF and AZ). Overall a positive experience, but best described as business basic.
AircraftBoeing 772, Boeing 747
RouteYYZ to PVG via AMS

"a huge disappointment"

Verified Review | This was our first time traveling with KLM and it was a huge disappointment. I traveled with a second person and we bought our tickets a month before the date. We started at Baltimore and got assigned seats for our Baltimore to New JFK flight as well as the flight from New York JFK to Amsterdam. When we landed in Amsterdam for our travel to Stockholm we were told that we weren't guaranteed a ticket and that we had to fly standby. This made no sense because we had bought our tickets a month ago and because we checked in to all our flights more than 24 hours before the flight to Stockholm. After much drama and waiting, we ended up getting seats but not sitting together. After more than 24 hours of travel and hundreds of dollars spent on these tickets it was a huge disappointment to not be able to sit next to my partner. We definitely were not the last ones to buy the tickets or to check in at the airport. The staff didn't have a good explanation and while they were friendly and courteous I am not inclined to fly with this airline again due to their incompetent way of assigning seats. This was too stressful and there are dozens of other airlines to choose from. In summary I felt cheated - I did not get what I paid for when traveling with KLM.
RouteBWI to ARN via AMS
Date FlownAugust 2016

"was expecting more from this airline"

(Lithuania)

Verified Review | I bought a ticket for my business trip to the Netherlands from Athens with this airline, because it was the only available option. It is the first time I flew this airline. The tickets were not cheap and I was shocked to learn later that my ATH-AMS-ATH flight did not include checked baggage allowance. So I had to pack for cabin luggage. KLM is normal, good airline, but I was expecting more from this airline. For example, the meal service was only a small sandwich. I would use it again, but not as my first preference.
RouteATH to AMS
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"catering was above expectation"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Athens. Check in was efficient, boarding well organized. this aircraft had two rows of business seat, with the middle seat blocked (making 8 in total), although a standard economy seat the seat pitch is extended and the recline is better. The flight itself was on-time and smooth, the updates from the flight deck only that was necessary. The inflight service was personal and abundant, they went the extra mile to make the service worth remembering. Catering was above expectation: drinks, a three course hot meal served on one tray and coffee and digestive. Drinks topped up regularly. After arrival our Priority tagged bags where swiftly delivered. All in all a good experience.
RouteAMS to ATH

"nice and fresh plane"

Dusseldorf to Amsterdam - a short flight with KLM. Food was good and services were as expected good. In 40 minutes we took off, had breakfast and landed at Amsterdam. Cabin attendants were polite and did a good job. Nice and fresh plane, definitely worth the money. It's hard to say a lot about a short flight but I again was very satisfied with KLM and choose them for my next flights.
AircraftE190
RouteDUS to AMS

"love to fly with KLM"

Amsterdam to Los Angeles and I always love to fly with KLM. Always great service, food is good and a great amount of available beverages. The Boeing 747 in KLM's fleet are old, you can see it in the entertainment system, but the movies and series they offer are great. Overall a great experience.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy