KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"not a business class service"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Calgary to Amsterdam. The seat in business class are very uncomfortable. Not fully lay flat and no privacy having another passenger near to me. Every time he went to toilet I had to modify seat position and wake up in the night. Very bad food service. My seat was number 2 and flying dutchman cocktail was already finished. The lady did not apologise for that. I skipped dinner because of the smell of cheese of Alfredo pasta that permeate the cabin for a long time. I had breakfast. Film selection is ridiculous, add few titles more. Bus at the arrival instead of the finger. Definitely not a business class service you expect.
RouteCalgary to Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2017

"better not to serve anything"

Verified Review | Aberdeen to Amsterdam in an old Boeing 737-700. Flight was on time and the crew polite. Before boarding in Aberdeen was a massive confusion everyone was put in queues mixed with other flights and ended up have to show my boarding pass 3 times. The service is a joke. To give people a tiny piece of cake and a plastic thing with water better not to serve anything. Just the rubbish that makes certain it is not environmentally friendly!
RouteAberdeen to Amsterdam

"We enjoyed the flight"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur. Our first time fly with KLM. Good ticket price one way. Waiting for take off almost 1 hour but it was okay because watching the movies and playing the games. Friendly ground staff & stewardess and good service. We enjoyed the flight.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur

"most pleasant flight"

(Iran)

Verified Review | Amsterdam to New York. This was the most pleasant flight. The pilot and cabin crew and waiting time were fantastic. Flight on time, cabin crew support and attitude was fantastic, very calming and relaxing. The pilot invited us when he saw us to see cockpit after landing and took picture from me. Many many thanks to him for warm greetings and fantastic landing.
RouteAmsterdam to New York

"Overall very average"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Cape Town to Amsterdam and back with KLM. First time flying with KLM. Usually fly Emirates but KLM offered a direct flight. Was very disappointed with the in-flight service. First impressions were good but as the 11 hour long flight progressed service got worse. To get the attention of the flight attendant is impossible unless you walk to the back of the aircraft. The button to get attention means nothing as they either keep switching it off at the back or ignore it. The attendants were a bit rude when asking for more alcoholic beverages. Food was average. In-flight entertainment was okay. A Few new movies. No structure to the series that they have. Overall very average. Wouldnt fly KLM again.
RouteCape Town to Amsterdam

"I am forever grateful"

Verified Review | Flew from London to Los Angeles via Amsterdam. Sometime during my flight, I realized my hearing aids - which I had removed, placed in the KLM sickness bag, and tucked into the seat pocket - were gone. I contacted the flight attendant and every effort was made to help me find them, including searching through discarded dinner trays and on board trash. After landing, KLM employees contacted the gate agent and arranged for the last possible place - the trash in the bathroom - to be searched. My hearing aids were found! The effort put out by the crew of my flight and the grounds crew was amazing, it was time consuming and a distraction as they turned the plane for the next flight. I am forever grateful! It is such a joy to fly an airline that truly does care about the passengers and goes the extra mile for them.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLondon to Los Angeles via Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2017

"flights left and arrived spot on time"

Verified Review | Today's trip was a one-day return without any checked-in luggage flying from Amsterdam to Munich. This trip was booked using Flying Blue miles in Business class and for both flights seat 4F was selected. When checking in using the KLM app all was OK, but when I printed my boarding card at the airport I found out that I still had seat 4F in the outbound flight but that this was located in the Y section! When inquiring about this with the KLM check-in staff they informed me that this was due to a configuration change. "But you are seated in Y+ and have the same legroom, so don't complain". In both Amsterdam as well in Munich I could use the Skypriority facilities allowing me to skip the lines for security but could not use the Crown Lounge in Amsterdam. On the return flight (which was not changed) I could use the lounge in Munich. This is a dedicated KL/AF lounge which has limited amenities but featured a reasonable WIFI network. Both flights were the typical KLM short haul service, a pre-packed sandwich and a cup of coffee/tea in Y and a salad and 2 drink runs in C. Both flights left and arrived spot on time.
RouteAmsterdam to Munich
Date FlownJune 2017

"Incredibly frustrating being lied to"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Flew KLM from Paris to Aalborg via Amsterdam. 3 out of 4 flights in a row were delayed. The captain explicitly promised that the connecting flights were notified, and that everyone would make their flights. We ran all that we could, and arrived at the gate after five minutes. The doors had closed two minutes prior, and we were refused entry to the flight, despite staff still visibly boarding. According to staff, the captain had said one thing to passengers and reported another to staff. Apparantly this happens several times every day. Incredibly frustrating being lied to!
RouteParis to Aalborg via Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2017

"plane was clean and looked fresh"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | Flew Kiev to Hong Kong via Amsterdam. KLM surpassed my expectations in terms of service quality and integrity. Booking at klm.com was easy. Options sold via simple and attractive interface. Mobile check in worked well. Bag drop at Borispil airport took 2 minutes. Boarding was a breeze. The plane was clean and looked fresh. Crews were polite and attentive. Eco comfort seating was lovely. Their European catering is strange, but since there is a full bar service, not much to be unhappy about. Transfer at Amsterdam requires lots of walking, but terminal is perfectly organized, signage is easy and smart, security search was efficient (but not overly fast), so I have easily made a connection of 55 minutes. My bag made it as well. On the plane I loved the Eco Comfort small and private cabin. The seating was perfectly comfortable with good legroom. Entertainment had loads of films and shows and kept me occupied for the whole flight. No USB, no touchscreen, but ok. I loved the crews (very friendly, hard working and caring). Catering was of very good quality. My Japanese option was delivered first and didn't disappoint me. Lots of drink rounds. Great plane. Sorry to see 747s being grounded and replaced. The only annoyance was an 80 min delay due to wrong balance of cargo load (the plane was 747-combi). Finally they unloaded the wrong cargo to let us go, but even after that we spent 30 minutes waiting for available time slot. Great communication from cockpit and cabin crew. 10 out of 10 despite delay and tasteless food on European flight.
AircraftBoeing 747-400 Combi
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteKiev to Hong Kong via Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2017

"A great experience "

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Kuwait to Washington via Amsterdam. We had an early morning start in Kuwait, the Airbus was an older aircraft with angled lie flat bed seats but quite comfortable , the IFE was a little dated with quite an old selection of TV programs which I quite enjoyed the memories they brought back but the movie selection was quite new, food was tasty, I had the dal curry which was delicious. Flight attendants were very attentive and service was professional. We arrived on time in Amsterdam and enjoyed the 4 hours wait at the airport, the aircraft to IAD was a new Boeing 777-200 with huge lie flat beds in business class and and a much newer IFE, flight attendants as good as the first leg and the food was good too! A great experience and flight and they will be high on my list.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 777-200