Vote Now

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"must have really gone downhill"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Washington via Amsterdam. I chose KLM because of hearing in passing how great KLM's service is and their food. They must have really gone downhill. The passenger next to me agreed we could not tell what the frozen green mush was next to our frozen meatballs. The food was disgusting and tasteless. The only thing really worth eating after thinking about it was the roll. And KLM's service was mediocre at best, the attendants seemed run down and not chipper at all. The flight was ok but the airplane has very outdated entertainment systems. Not touch screen. I could get past that but really don't waste your time thinking you would have some type of exceptional service if you fly KLM. By the way bring a pillow their seats have no back cushioning at all.
AircraftA330-200
RouteFRA to IAD via AMS
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"staff were extremely polite"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Lisbon to Amsterdam. The staff were extremely polite, attentive and smiling. Information was provided at all times and it was a smooth ride. I was served by an extremely nice lady at the check-in who listened to some concerns I had and arranged for everything to be perfect. The only thing I would look into : the seat was a bit too tilting.
RouteLisbon to Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Cabin crew were friendly and professional"

Verified Review | Today's trip was a one-day return without any checked-in luggage. In both Amsterdam as well in Hannover I could use the Skypriority facilities allowing me to skip the lines for security. The Crown Lounge in the Schengen area of Schiphol Airport was not too crowded and well stocked for breakfast. The lounge in Hannover is a contractor lounge with limited amenities but featured a good WIFI network. The flights were the typical KLM Cityhopper regional service, both left reasonably in time but arrived spot on time at destination. On both flights, the onboard service consisted of a pre-packed muffin and a pre-packed cup of water. To my surprise no coffee or tea was offered, probably due to the 40min. flying time. The outbound flight to Hannover was a brand new Embrear 175 while the return flight was operated by a Fokker 70. Both aircraft are fitted wit leather-covered slimline seats, however the older Fokker offers a more generous legroom then the Embrear. Cabin crew were friendly and professional.
AircraftEmbrear ERJ 175 and Fokker 70
RouteAmsterdam to Hannover

"configuration seriously outdated"

Verified Review | Flying to Kigali out of Amsterdam, where luckily KLM has direct flights. A great crew, attentive and the friendliest of other airlines I've flown. The only negative point remains that KLM charges a hefty price, as flyers on this route are captive (and mostly business travel). I would understand this if the Business Class cabin had already been renewed; but as the A330 fleet is the last to be upgraded and I would have found fair that, until these have been modernised, Business Class fares would reflect as the actual comfort level which is nowhere like the updated AF/KLM quality. Older seats and a slightly worn out cabin are a bit expensive to swallow when you have experienced the New World Business Class. Service is great but the configuration is just seriously outdated when prices are not!
RouteAMS to KGL
Date FlownNovember 2016

"this was a good experience"

(Belgium)

Unverified | Amsterdam to Curacao on 11/02. Flight left with 2 hours delay, due to snow and de-icing procedures at Amsterdam, which was beyond the control of KLM. The new business class at KLM is a major improvement compared to the old style, yet the 2 aside seating still requires that your you have to crawl over your fellow passenger when seated in a window seat. The seat itself is spacious and transforms to a comfy bed. Unfortunately not much stowage space around the seat. IFE system is decent. We had a wonderful purser in business class, very friendly. The 'Indische rijsttafel' was without a doubt the best food I have had on a plane. We avoided flying KLM for several years as they were far behind vis à vis other airlines on their business class product but we did not have much of a choice on the Curacao travel, and I have to state that I was pleasantly surprised to experience that they have catched up. All in all this was a good experience, with an extra thumbs up for the food.
RouteAmsterdam to Curacao

"friendly cabin crew"

Verified Review | Düsseldorf to Amsterdam. Since I had no baggage for check-in I cannot review the check-in queue. However boarding commenced on time. The seat onboard the Embraer 190 was a bit tight, but this was not too relevant for me on a 25 mins flight. The legroom was okay as well. After taking-off on time, I was surprised that KLM provided food and beverages on a 25min flight. We were handed a muffin and a water, very convincing for such a short flight. I was satisfied by the friendly cabin crew and the pilots, who let me enter the cockpit after the flight and congratulated me since I flew on my birthday. We arrived 10 mins early. All in all it was one of the best experiences onboard an aircraft although the flight was just very short.
AircraftE190
RouteDüsseldorf to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2016

"atmosphere was very pleasant"

(Austria)

Verified Review | A wonderful experience with KLM, which is our favourite airline. We booked a city trip from Vienna to Helsinki via Amsterdam with KLM. Everything worked as smooth as it can be. Fast and simple online checkin, on time departures of all four flights, cabin crew amazing. On the return trip, one of the flight attendants continued with us to Vienna and she was happy to see us again and we felt treated really special. The economy class service on KLM's short and medium haul is exceptional, and the shorter legs (VIE-AMS) we were served a tasty sandwich/wrap and hot and cold drinks, on the longer legs (AMS-HEL), we got a hot sandwich and two rounds of drinks. On the return flight they served a regular hot meal (pasta with tomato sauce) and a dessert. Transfer in Amsterdam efficient, arriving to C7 and departing from C8 was really convenient. For all flights, the atmosphere was very pleasant and the crew members looked like they enjoyed their work.
RouteVIE to HEL via AMS
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"chaotic and I was disappointed"

Verified Review | Houston to St Petersburg via Amsterdam. The flight was scheduled to leave Houston at 15:35 and the day of the flight an email was sent out stating there would be a delay until 17:00, this was fine. The delay was "due to operational constraints", which I understood as issues with the plane's usual functions. At the rescheduled time of departure, one would expect that the issue would be resolved. This was not the case. The pilot was able to explain to us that one of the engines was having mechanical issues and an engineer would assess the situation. After an additional hour or so of delay it was decided that the plane was not in suitable condition to fly. I'm grateful for the discretion here. The passengers were asked to leave the plane and given no direction afterward. They offered hotel accommodation for out of town visitors as reparation. After exiting the secure area of the terminal the crowd of passengers could not find anyone to help us. I personally heard four contradictory statements on who to contact to reschedule the flight. After calling the number provided to me by an unruly ground worker for KLM, I was put on hold for a Delta helpline and the call was lost. The second time I called I contacted a helpful worker who rescheduled the flight for the following day. Overall I was looking forward to this experience and it was nice until we were asked to leave the plane. After we left it was slightly chaotic and I was disappointed.
RouteHouston to St Petersburg via Amsterdam

"won't fly KLM any more"

Verified Review | Singapore to Denpasar Bali. Seats configured 3x4x3 for Boeing 777 is crowded. Service also not nice, I asked for a coca cola, but I think they almost run out, so the crew asked me back: "why I don't know everyone asking for coca cola!" I put my drone inside a hard shell case, then put inside the Rimowa metal luggage, but still break the controller, try to request for repair, but after sent a email then no response. I won't fly KLM any more.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSingapore to Bali
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"seat very comfortable"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Fabulous flight with KLM flying from Newcastle to Mexico via Amsterdam. Seat very comfortable, lots of space. Excellent food, pumpkin soup was nicest soup I've tasted in ages, great service. Gift at the end of flight was a nice touch. Crown Lounge in Amsterdam is good. Highly recommended. Looking forward to my flight in June already.
AircraftBoeing 747-Combi