KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Flew New York JFK to Amsterdam on 777-300ER. Had hoped for newer aircraft but our plane was perfectly fine. Everything was clean on boarding, and the crew were welcoming from the start. The plane feels huge inside, although economy can feel a bit cramped in the 3-4-3 layout. I sat in a window seat, which felt far from the aisle. The seats are fairly standard for economy, anyone taller (i.e. more than 5'10") may feel a bit cramped but the pitch is generally OK. The IFE did feel a bit antique, but only crashed once due to me overloading it. The stewardess quickly reset the system when asked. The catering is better than most, albeit the choice was a bit meager (only 2 options for dinner and a small breakfast), but everything tasted fine and was served with a smile. No complaints about timings, besides a short delay on the ground at JFK, made up for by an early arrival in Amsterdam.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteJFK to AMS

Review by (Philippines)

I flew with them for the first time in more than 4 years and once again, it was a nice experience. The price was good so I gave them a chance after being disappointed several times by a major Middle East airline. The flight was good. The food is very light but that's actually a good thing since it's a night flight (people just want to sleep). The service was very quiet and peaceful: light is not bright and crew are not running up and down. For that reason, I will fly with them again if I have a long haul night flight. The in-flight system was defective: the flight tracking system didn't work after we took off from Tapei, which was annoying in such a long flight but the crew was nice so that's fine. KLM now plays with a strong Dutch identity (Dutch snacks, Dutch symbols on the food packages and even on the plastic cups), that really gives a charm that made that flight even better than the one I had 4 years ago. The seats look very modern and there's more space between seats than what I experienced with the other major airlines in Asia. I guess that's because the Dutch people are so tall.
RouteManila to Bremen via Taipei and Amsterdam

Review by (Denmark)

Despite fully booked flight, the FA's were personal and extremely hospitable and friendly on both legs: JFK-AMS and AMS-CPH. What a surprise. Even FA's were taking the time telling passengers about the Delft Blue design on the display on the tray and paper cups.Must say this airline have improved immensely through the last few years. Despite crowded flights I give my 5 this time - and look forward flying with KLM again soon as possible.
AircraftBoeing 777-200 and Boeing 737-800
RouteJFK to CPH via AMS

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

We upgraded our seats due to limited availability however, seats were very cramped and uncomfortable especially for a long flight compared with other airlines. Also flight was very hot. Have always gone with KLM previously but was disappointed this time, not looking forward to the long flight back.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Amsterdam

Review by (France)

Flew KLM WBC (the new flat bed) from LAX to AMS seat 1A. Really appreciated the flight, very comfortable seat/bed with a lot of privacy. Slept for 6 hours. Cabin staff were very friendly and forthcoming, would assign a score of 9/10 for the overall flight/airline experience. However it got to a definite 10/10 the next day. I forgot a personal item in my seat. Got contacted by email by their lost and found service at AMS while waiting for my connecting flight in the KLM Crown lounge the next day. They asked me if I was missing something as they had found an item in my seat in that flight. When confirming this by email and having described the item, I received a phonecall and the lost item was personally delivered at the lounge. This is great customer service.
AircraftBoeing 747-400C
RouteLAX to CDG via AMS

Review by (Netherlands)

I had a pleasant stay onboard this KLM flight. I flew Economy Comfort, the extra legroom was really nice. The cabin crew wasn't very nice. They even were very rude to the passenger sitting next to me. The food onboard was a sandwich with scrambled eggs, it was okay. The aircraft arrived exactly on time, even though we had a 20 minutes delay at Barcelona.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBarcelona to Amsterdam

Review by (Switzerland)

We flew the new Business Class with full flat beds. Slept like a baby. Excellent product and great cabin layout and colors. The staff, food and entertainment were also very good. KLM can definitely compete with this new product.
RouteAMS to GRU

Review by (Switzerland)

New business seat was stuck and couldn't go down. My seat still had the old socks, earplugs and tissues from previous passenger. Food was Ok. Baggage got lost (3rd time this year). Baggage claim service was very friendly in Mexico but not the support line back in France.
RouteZRH to MEX via AMS

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

Review by (United States)

First time flying with KLM and I was very pleased. The premium economy service was very attentive. The crew were very pleasant and professional. When I realized the plane had no port with which to share my phone the cabin steward offered to charge it in the galley. When I woke up it was fully charged and in the seat pocket in front of me. The food was better than average, and love the homage to the Dutch Delft Blue on the meal trays. The seats were very comfortable with thick dense cushioning.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteAmsterdam to Nairobi

Review by (Australia)

Our flight to Amsterdam in a Boeing 777 with the new KLM interior was very smooth and pleasant. Boarding was quick, and crew was friendly. Service impeccable and the food was generally good. I had a very good night's rest on the flat bed. The only issue was that the IFE wasn't working properly in my seat, and it took about an hour to fix. The KLM lounge in Amsterdam is large and spacious, with plenty of facilities and friendly staff. Boarding for Manchester was smooth. The plane had the European business class (Y seats with a vacant seat in the middle), but we had an excellent breakfast and crew was friendly and efficient. Both flights operated on time. Overall very good flights for the price.
AircraftBoeing 777 and Boeing 737