KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"efficient, friendly, elegant crew members"

Trip Verified | Lucky, unlucky: this month I have flown 3 times with KLM, first to Quito, Ecuador, then to Bali, return from Singapore, definitely not a Cityhopper experience! Despite my Skyteam Platinum status, I have never been upgraded, that’s for the unlucky part but on the three long, demanding flights, I have been surprised by efficient, friendly, elegant crew members! The food also was quite acceptable, and the pitch of the Comfort seat (only Platinum advantage!) as well, although a bit narrow, and I am skinny!
RouteAmsterdam to Quito
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"pleasant and safe flights"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Flew KLM from Madrid to Oslo via Amsterdam. It is always nice to fly a new B-737-800. The Boarding was fluent and on time. The aircraft was very clean, both outside and inside. Nice and warm welcome when entering the plane. Lots of space for my carry on. Reasonable legroom. Power sockets in every seat. Free in-flight snacks and beverages to all passengers. The KLM Crews were very professional and groomed on both flights. The Captain gave a Dutch and English comfort message. One of the flight attendants gave a nice Spanish message. I felt I had pleasant and safe flights.
RouteMadrid to Oslo via Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"had a wonderful experience"

Trip Verified | I had a wonderful experience with KLM on their Dublin to Amsterdam route. The seats were very comfortable, very wide, and plenty of leg room (even more leg room than I have had on long haul flights with other airlines). Each passenger on board received a complimentary snack and drink. Both members of the cabin crew were very friendly and always had a positive attitude towards the passengers. I would certainly fly with KLM in the future.
AircraftE190
RouteDublin to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Very nice staff"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Muscat to Amsterdam. Very nice staff that will always try to help you, and quite comfortable seating. The air conditinning is way too cold though. Are they trying to copy the dutch climate into the cabin? Another small note are the earphones and adaptors they hand out before take-off. They never seem to work properly for me.
RouteMuscat to Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"I had plenty of legroom"

Trip Verified | Flew KLM from Amsterdam to Birmingham. Great airline and very friendly staff. The seat is very comfortable and even with my 1.94m I had plenty of legroom. Even though the plane was completely full the attendants had attention for everyone. It was a short flight but they didn't seem rushed at all. Check-in online was easy and fast and because I wanted a boarding pass it was no problem to have it printed out at the airport. The food and drinks are fine too, you get one drink, water and a sandwich, as well as a small stroopwafel. Will fly again next week and I'm looking forward to it!
RouteAmsterdam to Birmingham
Date FlownNovember 2017

"service provided were really good"

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to Amsterdam. At Edinburgh airport, quick check-in and security. Boarding on time, departure also on time. Friendly crew. Told them I was not feeling well due to a chronic lung condition (have a FREMEC card). They immediately made aware and made a note. During the flight all went well. I found a diamond ring on the floor in front of me and handed it over to the purser. He checked for the person sitting in that row on the previous flight immediately to make sure that they could give the item back. The flight itself was short. The crew managed service in a breeze, Always friendly and smiling, the purser recognised me from previous flights (I am a flying blue platinum member). After landing and finally at the gate (which at Schiphol can take up to 15 minutes) everyone stood up. The family in front of me was apparently in a hurry, getting out all the hand luggage with a rush, even hitting me on the head, and the placing it even on the seats around them including mine. When walking out of the plane and being at the gate I realised that I left my iPad on my seat. But I was not allowed to go back. They told me that "they will collect it for you" and I had to go to "lost and found". There they told me to fill in an electronic document and within five days they would notify me. Well, after five days I received a message that the iPad had not been found and that they could not help me any further. What a pity, I mean I was less than a fewyards out of the plane and not even half of the passengers had left the plane so I could easily had picked it up. But on the other hand I understand that "rules are rules". Overall, the flight itself and the service provided were really good and that is why I love to fly KLM.
RouteEdinburgh to Amsterdam

"unethical and unprofessional"

Trip Verified | I purchased 4 tickets online. We were due to fly from LHR to AMS by KLM on 18th January but due to “unfavourable wind conditions” (as notified by KLM), that flight was cancelled and we were subsequently rebooked by KLM on BA. However, when we checked in at LHR T5, we were informed that we had no allowance for checked in baggage, despite having purchased such allowance for 2 pieces at the time of purchase of our tickets. As a consequence, I had to repurchase baggage allowance. I subsequently emailed both KLM and the travel agency through which I purchased our tickets to have my baggage allowance refunded. However, despite my persistence and an exchange of emails, I have been told by KLM to claim my refund from the travel agency, whilst that travel agency told me to claim from KLM! It is obvious that either one is lying! I am very disappointed to say the least. I have been fobbed off by both KLM and the travel agency, both of which deny their responsibility to a paying customer. I expected much better from KLM, a supposedly reputable premier airline. But KLM is unethical and unprofessional, ignoring my latest email.
RouteLHR to AMS
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"read the terms and conditions"

Trip Verified | We booked KLM flights together from Malaga to Panama (via Amsterdam). We paid 1487.76 euros for the two tickets. Unfortunately I could not get back to Malaga in time to check in, so decided to go straight to Amsterdam and meet my partner there to catch the next leg of the flight. My partner checked in at Malaga as planned and informed the representative at the check in counter that I couldn't get back to Malaga so was going to meet her in Amsterdam. My partner asked if the rep could arrange for our seats to be together for the Amsterdam to Panama flight. The rep advised it was best to both check in again together at Amsterdam. Once at Amsterdam check in desk the representative advised there is a problem and they need to go to the ticket desk. The ticket desk assistant tells me I will have to pay a 500 euro 'penalty' for missing the first flight. Even though I felt like he was being held to ransom I had little choice but to pay the 500 euro 'penalty' if I wanted to continue on the holiday. It took the ticket desk assistant at Amsterdam 10 minutes to carry out some admin and issue a new ticket. How can KLM justify 500 euros for this? It wasn't like we just 'no showed'. My partner checked in as scheduled and informed KLM at the check in desk at Malaga the situation. Why was nothing about penalties mentioned then? So disappointed at KLM's 'computer says no' attitude and their failure to see the customers point of view. Companies that hide behind t's & c's can not be trusted in my opinion. It's easy to be smiley and helpful when things are running to plan, it takes a real customer focused company to actually look into customers problems and come up with win win solutions. If you're flying KLM make sure you read the terms and conditions and don't expect any help if things go wrong.
RouteMalaga to Panama via Amsterdam
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"attendants courteous and professional"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Amsterdam. Had a pleasant flight. Plane left Manila on time and we had a 2 hour technical stop in Taipei. Aircraft was clean and the seats were comfortable although the pillow was quite small and thin. Food was delicious and filling and flight attendants were courteous and professional.
RouteManila to Amsterdam
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"provide a dollar store ear plug"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Amsterdam on Boeing 747-400. Entertainment is a joke, no good collection, no touch screen and they provide a dollar store ear plug and not head phone. The staff are so resistant about serving you an extra drink if you ask one. During boarding the plane, one person said I have redo checkin as the machine seems to be not recognizing my boarding pass, when I went to get it redone the other person after standing in line again said it’s already checked in. The overhead had no space for my luggage.
RouteLos Angeles to Amsterdam