Juneyao Airlines

Review by (Canada) 27th April 2015

Flew Juneyao Airlines for a domestic flight PVG-WUH. The flight left within 30 minutes of scheduled and all announcements were given in both Mandarin and English. There wasn't any in-flight entertainment aboard but it did not matter on this short flight. There was a food and beverage service that began about 20 minutes after take off consisting of a bottle of water and a saucy pork sandwich that was quite good. Arrived in WUH within 20 minutes of scheduled time. Overall a good experience.

Review by (Canada) 27th April 2015

Review by (United States) 25th July 2014

First time flying domestic in China WUH to PVG. Used Juneyao as first leg to fly back home to States - bad decision! Juneyao leg delayed by 2 hrs causing us to miss every subsequent connecting flight. We were delayed three days at PVG as our international flight was booked three days out. Juneyao refused to help us out in any way with accommodations or replacement flights. Will stick to trains for domestic travel in China.

Review by (United States) 25th July 2014

Review by (China) 7th March 2014

I booked a connecting flight with Juneayo from Hong Kong to Qingdao via Shanghai. At the check-in at Hong Kong Airport I was rudely informed by a Juneyao employee it was not possible to check-in for both flights and send the luggage directly to Qingdao. As expected I lost my connecting flight to Qingdao (the flight was delayed I had to pick up luggage in Shanghai and doing the check-in again). The truth is the Juneyao employee in Shanghai was much more polite and they changed my flight with a different company (China Eastern which I recommend never had problems with them) and no additional charges but I got to Qingdao with more than 6 hours of delay (that is later than midnight). It was a long day travelling for such a short trip. Of course I'm never going to travel with Juneyao again. Rude employees in Hong Kong and there is no previous warning about such company politics anywhere.

Review by (China) 7th March 2014

Review by (Australia) 7th January 2014

Booked Shanghai to Xiamen flight on 28th December 2013 at 2.15pm. Checked in and settled in the business class lounge. As soon as we heard the flight started to board at around 1.45pm we started to move out of the Business Class lounge and made our way to the gate. It was a long walk so we got there at 2.00pm. Behold the plane was already starting to reverse! Asked the gate agent they said our luggage had already been taken out so we missed the flight! We had to book on to a different airline as we were going to a wedding that night. So stay close to the gate when catching flight in China even if you travel on business class. Will avoid them from now on.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Review by (Australia) 7th January 2014

Cabin FlownFirst Class

Review by (China) 4th August 2013

Checked in at Shanghai Pudong airport 20 minutes before boarding (boarding time: 4.20pm departure: 4.50pm). Told it was delayed but staff had no information on when the flight would arrive. Decided to go through security. At about 7.30 after about 3 hours of waiting they handed out food but still didn't offer any explanation for the delay and they still didn't know when the plane would arrive. After about 3.5 hours of waiting many customers started shouting at workers. After 4.5 hours the workers fled. Still no explanation or ETA for the plane. After 6 hours we were told that our plane had landed. We finally took off around 11.50pm. 7 hours late.

Review by (China) 4th August 2013