Jetstar Japan

"disregard for passenger comfort"

Trip Verified | After a recent horror of an experience flying with Jetstar to Honolulu and back I'd dreaded a pre-booked trip from Sydney to Narita with a stop in Cairns on the forward and aft leg. They didn't disappoint in their complete disregard for passenger comfort. It took 90 minutes to check in at Narita on the return flight which left 10-15 minutes to get through customs & security leaving no time for a meal so we were forced to eat on board. Because I didn't have a credit card ready the food cart kept going. An hour later I approached them and ordered. The cabin staff told me it would take 20 minutes. About an hour later I again asked them where it was as they were only too happy to take my card. Eventually it came. During that time I observed about 5-6 cabin crew running around with first priority serving alcohol. I was seated on the aisle of an emergency row seat and I saw no no pre-flight compliance check about willingness and capacity of how to assist in the event of an emergency and what our roles would be should the crew member/s be incapacitated. It's my last flight with this lot. A pity as the fleet themselves are relatively new and crews on the flight decks are clearly competent. But the handling of checkins and treatment of passengers by cabin crews are a bridge too far. Good Bye.
RouteTokyo Narita to Cairns
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"can't drink your own alcoholic beverages"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Osaka to Manila. You can't drink your own alcoholic beverages in the plane. They said they made public announcements at the gate but I didn't hear any announcement because I arrived at the gate just before boarding. As soon as I sat down on my chair, I opened a can of beer and started drinking it. The flight attendant approached me and asked me to hand over the drink as if I broke the rule on purpose. I explained I was not informed of such rule, but she didn't care. She eventually took away my half left beer. The seats are very uncomfortable as they didn't have much cushion and were shaped not ergonomically. They didn't have any pocket in front to put personal items. I don't expect much from budget airlines like Jetstar.
RouteOsaka to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2017

"won’t fly Jetstar again"

Verified Review | Will never fly Jetstar again. Attendant randomly selected my partner and I to weigh our carry ons. They were slightly more then 7kg, so we were charged some $$ and had to check the bags. No one else was asked to weigh their carry ons. Virtually everyone had bags of similar size and I’m sure many were more than 7kg. Wonderful way to put a bad taste in your customer's mouths. Once again, I won’t fly Jetstar again.
RouteTokyo to Sapporo
Date FlownOctober 2017

"crew extremely inattentive"

Verified Review | One of the worst airlines I've ever used. Charged 50 USD for being 2 lbs over on combined weight (heck I could have put stuff in my pockets and that would have made it ok). Flight crew from Tokyo to Sydney were extremely inattentive, and never once offered food or beverage on an 8 hour flight.
RouteTokyo to Sydney via Gold Coast
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"ground support is horrible"

Verified Review | Osaka to Tokyo Narita. The ground support is horrible and the worst I have ever met. The flight got delayed and is causing my international flight (last one on the day) connection time reduced from 3 hours to less than one hour. Firstly they do not have other options although there is another flight that is not delayed and well arrive slightly earlier than this one (obviously this one does not have the inbound flight at the gate but they claim the delay is due to strong wind at Narita. Many other fights flying there are not delayed). Then they insisted on me to check my carry on sized luggage as it is too heavy. I argued about the additional wait time to get my luggage well almost guarantee me to miss my flight and hope to pay extra to get my carry on with me. They denied and denied again without any intention to further help.
RouteOsaka to Tokyo

"Very bad experience"

(Japan)

Verified Review | New Chitose to Narita. Very bad airline ground staff. When dropping bags employees will ask random people to show their boarding passes. When you ask them a question they will become irritated and ask to weigh your hand baggage. The policy on laptops is not consistent and they will sometimes take into account laptops to the 7kg limit and sometimes not. They will tell you to check in another bag without weighing the hand luggage again to check that it is 7kg. When told that the same baggage (with photo proof) that another trip was made with the same baggage with no problems, they disregard and prevent boarding until a fee is paid for an extra baggage check in. Very inconsistent and opens the door to employees to cause trouble for passengers with impunity. Very bad experience. Will never recommend or fly again.
RouteNew Chitose to Narita
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"No more Jetstar Japan for me"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Kansai Osaka to Hong Kong. The flight was delayed for more than 6-hours and their ground staff are not helpful and responsive. They were trying their best to refuse all requests including reasonable request (e.g. to update the letter about the delay because their flight was further delay, many passengers need this letter to claim for compensation from the insurance company). The interior of the plane is old. I ordered a meal (curry chicken with rice) and the taste was not good. The only good thing for Jetstar Japan is the crew on the plane as they are polite, helpful with smile at all time. No more Jetstar Japan for me.
RouteOsaka to Hong Kong
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"worst airline I have flown"

Verified Review | Tokyo Narita to Okinawa. This is the worst airline I have flown. The customer service is terrible. They don't answer any questions you have about fees. The seats are the most uncomfortable I've flown.
RouteNRT to OKA
Date FlownOctober 2016

"seat was very comfortable"

(Philippines)

Manila to Nagoya with Jetstar Japan. Boarding was really quick compared to the other carriers I have flown on recently (e.g. Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines/Pal Express). The plane was a brand new Airbus A320. The seat was nice mainly because of the seat pocket being on top of the seat not in the leg area, which of course made a lot of legroom. The plane took off on schedule. No IFE screens, this is usual for a budget carrier so I provided my own IFE through my iPad. Soon after takeoff food and beverage service began my family and I ordered meals through their booking bundles on their website. Food offered was pork and beef over Japanese rice, the meal was really good. After that they gave arrival cards for Japan. The seat was very comfortable to sleep and I woke up 1 hour before landing to catch the beautiful sunrise over Japan - a nice compliment to a early morning flight. The plane landed on time and the deplaining was fast and a bus took us to the arrivals area. Immigration was very quick due to our flight being the first arrival of the day. Baggage claim was quick and we went to the airport train station to look for a train to the city.
RouteMNL to NGO
Date FlownMay 2016

"have to fight their policies"

(Japan)

Verified Review | This flight was booked as the final leg of an international series from the US. However, they insisted on applying their domestic baggage rules rather than acknowledging that they were part of a larger booking and allowing the most permissive of the rules. Twenty four hours of travel, and rather than having a relaxing final leg you have to fight their policies and rearrange all of your belongings. Extremely bad form, avoid at all costs.
RouteNRT to KIX