Jetstar Airways

Jetstar Airways customer review

My comments relate to the Jetstar Airport lounge (gates 25-30) at Melbourne Tullamarine airport. My flight is JQ 61 to Darwin on 29/1/13. I've never had a problem with travelling on any of JQ flights but this waiting area is disgusting. Many seats are in poor repair and actually have a very unsavoury odour and the floors are littered with rubbish. I appreciate that this may be a period between cleaning team arrival but it's very tacky and would give a poor impression to all travellers.

Jetstar Airways customer review

BNE-PER and return. Outward leg OK apart from the fact that this is a long flight and the seats are very uncomfortable and narrow forget about sleeping. Poor selection of food and drinks onboard. Return leg terrible: direct flight to Brisbane was split by Jetstar into a PER-MEL and MEL-BNE with 2 hour wait in MEL! Experienced rude service! Will not fly with them again.

(New Zealand)

From checking in to our arrival in Wellington we could not find fault with this airline or its staff. We had a very rough landing in the gales at Wellington and had to go round for a 2nd try. We could not fault the staff during the turbulence. Our bags were out for collection by the time we got to the arrivals area we will be flying Jetstar again in the future.

Jetstar Airways customer review

MEL-SIN return. We chose not to pay extra for mileage credits. We sought legroom and we got it. The seat width was suitable. We needed a wheelchair and ‘pusher’ at all travel terminal areas as they had slopes difficult joining lips & pushing distances beyond what I am capable of doing. Jetstar assisted with a wheelchair on the outward leg. Only after much discussion did we get 'pusher' assistance on arrival in Singapore. When this came it was an excellent 'local service' - a gratuity was not begrudged. For frequent travellers being a continuing Qantas Club member as I am was wise. In Singapore they arranged the 'pusher' service to our return gate. Sadly at both check-ins knowledge by Jetstar staff about Business Class Max rights plus those of Qantas Club Members was either nil or misinformed. It was a bad start later righted by Qantas Club Staff at both lounges. The in light food choices were acceptable. No problems with the complimentary liquor nor level of service table decor or travel amenities supplied. Seat back lowering by the person in front was a concern on both flights as we had to disturb those persons when we wished to move about. Our outward seats were in Row 6 – the last in Business Class with restricted but acceptable lowering for a day flight not suitable if overnight. The Jetstar web-site would not let me pre-select a seat if you had asked for ‘wheelchair assistance’ as we had - it was one or the other and this is unsatisfactory. On return I opted to select Row 4 to fully recline. In this position the seat is not a fully reclining ‘sleeper’- footrest space is insufficient. With a 2-3-2 configuration in this cabin I would not choose the middle seat of a fully occupied ‘3’. We were fortunate both ways in not having a full cabin thus no problem with overhead storage but a number of the compartments were taken up with staff bags and service items-not good. Ours were Jetstar stop-over flights in Singapore as part of flying to/from China thus and correctly there were helpful Chinese & English speaking flight attendants however the level of English could have been better. In reading some of the adverse comments about Jetstar Business the benefits provided compared to cost is being ignored. It is a precious approach to compare Jetstar to a 'full service' airline. I would fly Jetstar Business/Star Class again.

Jetstar Airways customer review

HNL-MEL. Delayed 49 hours kept on runway for 3.5 hrs with air-conditioning on and off for up to 30min at a time little information from the cockpit. Eventually we were returned to the terminal to be told flight was cancelled spent next two nights awaiting more information given a disgraceful $250 Jetstar voucher as compensation - horrible experience.

Jetstar Airways customer review

Honolulu to Sydney - a 10+ hour flight in Business Class. Booked using AA Miles and thought we'd booked Qantas. 1 week before our trip we discovered it was on JetStar. This was our honeymoon and my husband is 6 ft 3 and a big man. We braced ourselves for a miserable flight. However the flight was a pleasure. Food was delicious. True legroom is tight and when the seat in front of you is reclined you cannot get out without disturbing your neighbors. A lovely amenity kit provided. The earphones were extremely comfortable and the pre-loaded Ipad has a nice choice of entertainment. Flight attendants were warm professional and accommodating. As for rating the value for money we used our AA miles so I can only say that it was a most pleasant flight in Business Class with excellent food excellent service nice entertainment options pillows blankets and comfortable leather seats. Other than the seats being a little tight for legroom our flight was a pleasure.

Jetstar Airways customer review

Flew SIN-KUL return recently. Booking and check-in process was hassle-free and smooth. However I felt that it could be rather expensive since credit card's convenience fee are charged. Leather seats are comfortable.

(Indonesia)

Booked the tickets from Sydney to Melbourne (return) and Sydney to Gold Coast (return) via online travel agent. The main gripe was the check-in process although the system will send you an automatic SMS to check in online but still there's no difference without checked-in online that we still have to queue with the other passengers. Nevertheless the ground staff were really helpful and patient also the cabin crew were very friendly!

Jetstar Airways customer review

SYD-ADL. Quite pricey for the tickets as there are other hidden fees such as online booking fees and credit card fees which aren't included in the advertised price. Boarded the old and worn A320 about 45 minutes late and waited another 30 minutes before we began to taxi for take-off. No in-flight entertainment unless you want to pay money to rent an iPad. No leg room and zero recline. Arrived quite late and only got an apology from the flight stewardess which was nice. Overall not too bad for the price you paid but trust me there are better flights out there for just a few extra bucks.

Jetstar Airways customer review

Jetstar Business Melbourne to Beijing. Jetstar is a LCC and the price of their business class tickets is very reasonable. In addition you do not pay a hefty rate for booking a one way ticket as you do with a full service airline. The service was cheerful and competent. The food fine and plenty of drinks on request. I had a middle seat in middle aisle so really the worst seat in business class however it was comfortable and I was able to sleep. The I pad entertainment is limited but then most people load their own I pad before travelling. The young staff were great and the price of the ticket very competitive. If you plan carefully you can often pick up very reasonably priced tickets.