Jetstar Airways

Jetstar Airways customer review

Melbourne to Hobart and return both legs on an A321. The dungeon-like departure area in Melbourne is a poor start to the journey. The plane to Hobart departed and arrived 15 mins late. On board service in both directions was friendly and efficient but the seat pitch was tight. I paid a very cheap fare and the flights represented very good value.

Jetstar Airways customer review

Launceston - Sydney 22/3/13. Arrived at airport 7pm for 8.15 departure only to read departure board - flight delayed until 9.35. No texts sent to advise prior. At 9pm the board indicated "Flight Cancelled" - no announcement until 5 mins later! Mad scramble to line up for vouchers. Had to organise own taxis. Given $35 voucher for food/drink and $15 for b/f. Next morning back to airport for 10 am departure. By 9.50 still not boarding - no announcements. Finally on board 10.05 - no apologies - then sat on tarmac until 10.40. Departed and finally Captain announced at 11am "sorry for delay". Staff advised that "due to no catering in Launceston there is no fresh food available nor ice for drinks". Only good thing was they have given us a $100 voucher off next flight (dare I chance it again).

(New Zealand)

Auckland-Singapore return: I was a little apprehensive about flying with Jetstar due to poor reputation in NZ. I needn't have worried. Smooth and hassle-free check-in (both ways) very friendly check-in staff (both ways) positive and hard-working cabin crew (both ways) food and IPad perfectly adequate both flights pretty much on schedule seat absolutely fine for the length of journey (10 hours). A good return trip all round. For the ticket price paid this product represented exceptionally good value.

Jetstar Airways customer review

MEL-HNL JQ 1 in business class. Only negative was the old domestic business style seat. It gets a bit uncomfortable during a long flight. Cabin crew did a good job food was ok and there was plenty of it. IFE on iPad a bit limited. Left on time and arrived early. Overall a very good flight.

Jetstar Airways customer review

Sunday 13th March I travelled from Hobart to Sydney. Staff were friendly and flight was smooth. However I was seated in row 30 and the leg room (pitch) was about 22cm from the edge of my seat to the magazine pocket. We had to put our carry-on luggage under he seat because there was no room in the overhead storage area. I stress that the flight attendants were excellent.

Jetstar Airways customer review

We flew Sydney to Hobart. The good news: the flight was on time. The bad news: the seats were just as uncomfortable as those on sister airline Qantas.

Jetstar Airways customer review

I've just had another bad experience with this airline and I will never travel Jetstar again. This trip the flight I was departing on has been cancelled and I was offered a flight approximately 4 hours earlier. Since this was not possible due to other commitments and anything offered resulted in me missing the event I was travelling for I asked for a refund. The staff member informed me this was only available for the departure and they could not refund the return sector. A return flight isn't much good when you cant get there! Terrible customer service and I won't be caught again!
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Jetstar Airways customer review

22 Feb 13 BKK-SIN. Flight delayed 2 hours. Letter handed out stating for operational reasons. Nothing else offered. We were given emergency exit seats however. Flight full but uneventful. No explanation of regret offered for late arrival. Cabin Crew worked well.

(Vietnam)

It's a quick trip between these 2 cities but passengers spend longer at the airports than on the plane. Bag drop at Melbourne was a slow process. About 50 people in line and only 4 of the 12 desks operating. When we were on the final row with only 15 people in front of us a Jetstar person removed the guide ribbon to allow people who had been waiting for only a minute or two to jump to the head of the line. This is annoying for those who had been waiting for 35 minutes. Boarding for the 11.00 departure commenced at 10.30. The Jetstar Melbourne departure area resembles a bus station and has too few seats for the passengers waiting to board their flights. Pushback for the full flight was at 11.00 and the cabin crew very efficient announcements could be clearly heard and service was friendly and efficient. Despite the aircraft being on the ground for a good 35 minutes most of the windows were grubby. The flight was fine and I had about 2cm between my knees and the seat in front. Thankfully they didn't recline the seat. A 15 minute delay in Sydney waiting for a clear air-bridge and a 20 minute wait to collect our bags capped off an uneventful flight.

(Japan)

My wife and I flew Jetstar from Osaka to Denpasar via Singapore. Apart from a slight delay out of Osaka the remaining flights were smooth and most comfortable. We did reserve in advance the seats in front of the emergency exit for the Osaka/Singapore flight which provided more than enough leg-room. Standard seat selection was chosen for the Singapore/Denpasar flight. Will fly again with Jetstar definitely.