Jetstar Airways

Jetstar Airways customer review

Booked and paid for Qantas tickets return SYD-HNL. On arrival at Honolulu airport we found out we were in fact flying Jetstar. After taking our seats we were told that as we were Qantas passengers we would be getting a comfort pack 2 meals and 2 drinks. Asked for an iPad each to watch movies but were told we needed to pre-book them. There were spare consoles but they were for the passengers who had paid for them in case they had battery issues! When the meals came around I asked for a water and a juice but was told flatly that I could only have one cold and one hot drink how ridiculous! Cabin service was non existent when the steward eventually came to take our order they had run out of Diet Pepsi with 4 hours still to go in the flight. The best thing about the flight was getting off the plane and getting on the Qantas plane back to Brisbane. What a pleasant change in the staff from glum to cheery. Never again Jetstar!

(New Zealand)

AKL-SIN-KUL return. Flight itself was good. Seat was comfortable though the leg rest on the seat of the return flight was not as adjustable as the outward flight. Meals were ok as airline food goes. Glad we paid the extra to fly business. Only snag we had was the booking we made. Our return flight from K Lumpur to Singapore and onto Auckland we were told that we had to go through immigration collect our bags go through customs then check in again and go through immigration again to board our flight from Singapore to Auckland! Though we were travelling with Jetstar right through they couldn't check our bags through to Auckland. Reason given was the booking numbers. Wished that we were told when we booked with Jetstar. Luckily it happened in Changi Airport as they are super efficient that we managed to do that with little stress.

Jetstar Airways customer review

DRW-DPS-DRW. Check-in quick. Staff polite and helpful. Departure slightly delayed due to late arrival of aircraft from southern port. Flight uneventful. Ordered a sandwich and was pleasantly surprised. Check-in at DPS was quick. Counter staff very helpful and polite. Flight left early. Very smooth and quiet. Arrived in DRW early. Baggage available quickly. My major concern is that Jetstar frequently either cancels or delays flights for no apparent reason. Getting to and from anywhere on time seems to be a matter of luck.

Jetstar Airways customer review

Purchased sale fairs to Japan from Sydney to Tokyo via Cairns. A330 is far better then the single body A320 as the seats recline further and are wider. Seats are comfortable and roomy. Paid food and good and tasty while the paid entertainment is a bit scarce in options. All flights were on time.

(New Zealand)

Had a flight from Dunedin to Auckland. Scheduled to leave at 1900 left at 2050. Seems they were short of a steward. Classy (not) scanning of boarding passes. I have never heard "OK [giggle] you can all go now." Then waiting for a shuttle at AKL with a passenger from Wgtn (also on a flight with a long delay). Seems she was told the same story of being short of a steward. Two domestic flights delayed for hours with the same excuse. What is going on?

Jetstar Airways customer review

Star Class SYD-HNL-SYD 5/7/2012. Being bumped from the allocated seat I had purchased 6 weeks before my flight. I took my 86 year old mother for a family holiday. Because she is frail I am 190 cm tall and my wife needs to care for my 8 year old son we delayed our holiday for several days in order to secure the 3 aisle seats we needed. Can you imagine the humiliation I suffered in front of my mother and other passengers when after we had taken our seats the ground staff came into the cabin and demanded I move to a middle seat or else the plane's takeoff would be delayed. In order to avoid a fuss my mother agreed to move to the middle seat. However as soon as the meal service ended the passenger who demanded my aisle seat fully reclined the two seats in front of my mother so his 3yr old and 6 yr old daughters could relax. Because the armrests on the StarClass seats are fixed in position mum was trapped in her seat until the next meal service 7 hours later! To be fair the aircrew were great and handled this unpleasant situation very well. I do not understand how an airline can advertise that you can pay for seat allocation and then not honour the terms of their contract. Let alone humiliating myself and making my mother very uncomfortable during the flight. Unfortunately because of the limited number of StarClass seats on these long haul flights we were unable to fly StarClass on the return leg or rent an ipad to entertain my son because they only load 47 units on long haul flights from Honolulu even during school holidays.

Jetstar Airways customer review

HKG-SIN on July 13 2012. Almost four hour delay. Seats cramped no inflight entertainment. I paid for checked in luggage seat selection and even food. For the price I paid for a meal I got two drinks and a plastic box of heated junk. I expected a tray like a normal airline meal. With all the add ons it was no longer "low fare". Value was non-existent. We had to take the bus at the terminal to the far end of the airport. Since many people don't want to pay for checked-in luggage overhead bins overflowed. By the time we got into the cabin it was past the time for taking off. I have a roundtrip ticket and I dread using the return portion from Singapore to HKG and go through another 4 hours of sheer misery and utter discomfort.

Jetstar Airways customer review

Sydney-Honolulu-Sydney in Business class! We selected Jetstar as Hawaiian and Qantas both use 767's versus the A330 Jetstar operates. No airline offers full flat bed seats so it made sense. Maybe Jetstar changed from Star class to business as they were not able to make us feel like stars. The all leather seats give you no support no pillows are provided all you get is a DIY blow up neck ring. The crew was running through the cabin with the attempt to avoid any eye contact with passengers. Coming back we had a great crew a vastly improved experience which made the poor seating and lack of room not as bad after all. For extra comfort we purchased our own pillows and did not bother blowing up the neck ring! Departure and arrival times where spot on. The I-pad tablets are just OK can't wait for the 767's to retire and the 787 coming into service!

Jetstar Airways customer review

Star Class SYD-HNL-SYD 11/6/2012 return 21/06/2102. Check in easy crew fantastic. I'm 6ft 4in plenty of legroom better than Qantas 747 Premium Economy. Enjoyed Qantas club both in Sydney and Honolulu food was good.

Jetstar Airways customer review

Perth to Bali. This must be the worst airline that I have ever travelled with and I have not even left the ground yet! I make the booking for a pleasant time of day and even pay extra for the privilege then within a week they reschedule it to a horrible time. After four phone calls and several weeks of aggravation they finally manage get a booking on a flight leaving at 9 am - OK not a bad time. Then we arrive at the airport to be told that they have transferred our Aircraft to a domestic route and we are rescheduled from 9 am to 4 pm - OK Bali at 8 pm hotel at 10 not bad. Then an hour later they reschedule to 7 pm departure! Midnight at the hotel and a days leave wasted and I have not left home yet!
Seat Comfort N/A