Jetstar Airways

Jetstar Airways customer review

Frustrating trip to Launceston flying Jetstar. Remember to book any checked in luggage more than 24 hours before your flight and if you get an error message that says you are not eligible to book call their service centre to resolve (which we should have done) as baggage charges increase significantly if you buy baggage allowance at the airport. We also arrived to the airport with ample time to spare but waited 30 mins in a service queue to sort baggage which caused us then to be late for flight. Partly expected for a low cost airline I suppose.

Jetstar Airways customer review

We travelled from Melbourne to Singapore yesterday. Purchased flights approx 5 months ago on a special. We had seats 1 J and K which are bulk head seats. We have travelled business class with Emirates and were never under the assumption that we were going to get the same level with Jetstar. Some fellow passengers were disappointed with the service but they had much higher expectations. We would defiantly fly Star Class again and I think for the extra it represents good value especially if you can purchase during a sale.

Jetstar Airways customer review

SYD-HNL-SYD. Seated at the back of the plane. Plane was full but there was enough space. Check in was efficient and flights on time both ways. IFE was the only let down. Very limited range of movies and even though we flew over in Oct and back in Nov we had Nov choices both ways so 20 hrs with only 2 movies I wanted to see out of the limited selection. We didn't buy food but took our own on the plane and this was no problem. Checking in baggage is not inexpensive but if you do it at time of booking it is not too bad. If you follow the rules about booking/ flying with a LCC they are definitely worth looking into.

Jetstar Airways customer review

Took advantage of specials to Japan to either Osaka or Narita flying from Sydney stopping at Gold Coast. Very surprised with the service I received flying from the Gold Coast to Narita on A330. Staff are friendly helpful and less rude than their domestic counter parts. Flight to Narita was 9.5 hrs from Gold Coast and add around 1.5 hrs from Sydney to Gold Coast but still being a very large plane and only around 50 or so people on board you can take advantage of the 4 seaters. I have learnt that you don't have to book seats on these flights and pay an extra $25 for it better to use that money to add check baggage to your flight and checked baggage isn't really cheap at $45 for 15kg. The food was ok best to bring your own snacks and water.

Jetstar Airways customer review

My Jetstar experience began with the website not taking my booking properly and checked baggage wasn't booked. For this they charged me an additional $70 to check my 7kg bag on a flight that didn't cost much more for myself. Flight was late took an extremely long time getting on board due to lack of organisation. Probably the most uncomfortable seats I've ever experienced. The hostess was snarly. I ordered an iPad for the flight and the selection was terrible.

Jetstar Airways customer review

We flew Business Max class from Melbourne to Singapore and although Jetstar promises that they offer all of the normal business class service they neglect to mention that the seats are only marginally larger than economy and hardly recline at all! There is so little room between the rows that when the passenger in front has his seat reclined it is almost impossible to leave your seat! On a short daytime flight perhaps but on an overnight flight sleep is impossible. The food was however quite good and the alcohol service OK but nothing makes up for uncomfortable seating or the lack of pillows (unbelievable even though they provide a blow-up neck support). They also don't offer the normal express service through immigration etc and no priority baggage handling which is quite annoying. So in summary - a definite improvement on economy seating but by no means the normal business class that they promise but then again you get what you pay for!

Jetstar Airways customer review

SYD-HBA-SYD in economy row 1 bulkhead. I'm a QFF silver and was again impressed by just how good JQ can be for LCC. Efficiently boarded & pushed back right on time (each sector). Row 1 bulkhead/partition seats were a good choice for a day flight. No IFE or free snack service but not needed. Clean aircraft. However it does take more effort to monitor a JQ booking for schedule changes and cancellations.

Jetstar Airways customer review

Australia to Phuket return in Business Class. I have never been so disappointed. I was in seat 4k - when the seat belt sign went off the passenger in front reclined and the space was less than economy. By the time I was able to ask a flight attendant to ask the person in front to move the seat forward a bit they refused as they said he was asleep! The seat pan width was 28 cms to the tray table it was almost impossible to eat and equally impossible to get out. Jetstar Business Class is the worst leg room I have experienced and to have that in a Business Class is unforgivable.

Jetstar Airways customer review

MEL to BKK on day time flight. Departure delayed by passengers who failed to board with their luggage needing to be off loaded. Kept informed of progress. Quicker than scheduled flight meant only a 10 minute delay in arrival. Food was surprisingly good better than domestic business and international premium economy on QF but not international business standard. Beverage selection excellent. You can choose from the entire for sale menu from the economy cabin at any time which gives you access to a much wider selection of mid flight snacks than could be offered on a full service airline. Seat is same as QF domestic business so again not a true long haul business seat. IFE on ipads with enough selection to keep you occupied. The highlight was the service from an enthusiastic and happy crew. This flight exceeded our expectations.

Jetstar Airways customer review

Had day from hell arrived at the check in late due to road crashes on the way to Sydney. We were met by a great receptionist who was very sympathetic to all the late arrival people. We were quickly transferred to the next available flight and the holiday was not spoilt. Thank you Jetstar Airways.