Jetstar Airways

"a few unoccupied seats"

Trip Verified | Darwin to Sydney. Jetstar does not have self service kiosks in operation at Darwin Airport, however online check in is available up to 1 hr before departure. Check in for domestic flights opens 2 hrs prior to departure and closes 30 mins prior to departure. The flight boarded about 15 mins prior to departure, there were a few unoccupied seats towards the rear of the aircraft and some passengers managed to get three seats to themselves. Prior to take off the captain gave a quick description of the route and the expected weather in Sydney. A quick food and beverage service was offered just after take off, the cabin lights were dimmed shortly after the service finished. The flying time to Sydney was 3 hrs 55 mins.The flight was smooth and most people managed to get some sleep. The flight went into a holding pattern just North of Sydney to wait for the 6am curfew to be lifted at Sydney Airport.
RouteDarwin to Sydney

"friendly and attentive"

Trip Verified | A320-200 Sydney to Darwin.Boarding commenced 25 mins prior to departure and left on time. Information on the flight was provided by the cabin supervisor. Shortly after take off food and beverage for purchase was offered throughout the cabin, snacks were offered - $5 Soft Drinks $4 & Beer starts at $8. The leather seats are comfortable but have a limited seat pitch.The crew were friendly and attentive and dealt with customer requests efficiently.There is no wifi or ports to charge devices on the aircraft which can be frustrating on the longer domestic flights over 3hrs. The flight arrived a few minutes ahead of schedule.
RouteSydney to Darwin

"not Customer orientated"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Gold Coast Return with Jetstar Airways. The outbound flight was on an older aircraft, seats were less comfortable and more cramped. The Crew on this journey were very cold, not Customer orientated in any way. I understand Jetstar is LCC, but as a business that deals directly with the public you would expect a certain standard plus being part of the Qantas Group should give you an advantage. The return flight was more up to scratch, the cabin was refurbished with a better hard product, and the Crew even remembered that I had a $10 voucher to use onboard. I think the service is very much hit and miss with LCC, my advice is to book with Jetstar for leisure with flexibility in minds, rather then for business.
AircraftA320-200
RouteSydney to Gold Coast

"Terrible customer service"

Not Verified | I have flown Jetstar domestically with usual delay issues but this was my first international flight with them. On May 31st (USA time) our flight from Honolulu-Sydney at 8:30am was cancelled. We have been at the airport since 5:30am, at first they said there's technical issues & flight will be delayed by 1 hour then they turned around and said its cancelled, next flight will be the next morning. After waiting several hrs we were given an $8 voucher for snacks at the airport ($8 can barely buy you a snack) but had to wait couple of hrs at baggage claim for our bags. Then they announced our flight will be at 11:45pm that day. There was no speaker system, everyone had to ask others what they are announcing as we couldn't hear a thing. They told us they are organising us hotels & shuttle buses. There were hundreds of us waiting outside for the shuttle. I decided to uber it to the airport which was just down the road (could have walked there) only to arrive and be told we have to wait til 3pm for checkin. Finally when we got our rooms could only have a few hrs rest before getting a shuttle to another hotel where we got a voucher or dinner. But on arrival there was a long queue of people waiting in line! As if we are not exhausted & over waiting. I left and decided to make my own way to the airport. After checkin & waiting at the gate, it was 11:30pm and boarding hadn't commenced for a 11:45pm flight. By 12:30am we were ready and started leaving, then the plane stopped for a while & they announced we have to return as there is 'another technical difficulty' which was another 1 hr delay. You'd expect after a cancelled flight& wasting our whole Friday that Jetstar would have had all day to do their checks & ensure there are no technical difficulties & plane is 100% safe and functional. Terrible customer service & poor communication. Not even a courtesy meal or drinks on flight to apologise.
RouteHonolulu to Sydney
Date FlownJune 2018

"passport was 2 weeks short"

Trip Verified | My wife and booked to fly to Bali for a relaxing holiday June 7th and returning June 16th with Jetstar. We checked in with Jetstar staff flew to Bali only to be told that we would be sent straight back home as the wife's passport was 2 weeks short of the mandatory 6 months required. Bali airport questioned why this was not picked up by Jetstar staff at the check-in counter. We rang the Australian Embassy who said that we should never been allowed to allowed to leave Australia. When flown back to Australia via Sydney where Jetstar Staff stated that this was their fault we should have picked this up at check-in. Pathetic, useless staff in Brisbane. Do not fly Jetstar. if you have a problem don't bother calling, you will only get a machine. all they want is your money.
RouteBrisbane to Bali
Date FlownJune 2018

"didn't read the fine print"

Not Verified | My wife is going Brisbane to Melbourne for a funeral. Gets to the boarding gate an hour early and Jetstar staff are weighing everyone's luggage. My wife's carry on was a kilo or two over limit because she didn't read the fine print and didn't realise that a handbag was included. Happy to pay a little extra for the couple of kilos overweight. However, $60.00 or couldn't board flight. That's nearly the cost of an entire ticket! Come on Jetstar, I'm sure some of the people behind her in line would have weighed 30kg more than her. Utter joke, made a stressful time for her even more stressful; not to mention embarrassing. Will never fly with them again or recommend to anyone.
RouteBrisbane to Melbourne

"horrible customer service"

Not Verified | Honolulu to Bali via Sydney. After being told several time we are leaving in an hour they then at 10 am cancelled the flight and told us to come back same time the next day. We did and it happened all over again. We were told to come back at 10 pm that day to leave. This puts us now delayed 75 hours and on top of that we have to get new connection flight from SYD to DPS putting us at the Sydney airport for 12 more hours. I will never fly Jetstar or Qantas again. Jetstar is owed by Qantas and Qantas had 30 open seats but they said we had to by a new ticket with them and did not offer a discount at all. No help what so ever. Talking about horrible customer service.
RouteHonolulu to Bali via Sydney

"pay for what you get"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Denpasar. For under $400 return i was quite happy with the service, but if i was paying closer to $600-$800 which these flights sometimes are, my review would be quite different. Seat was fairly comfortable, but narrow even for someone like myself who is under 170cm. I paid the $26 extra and sat in the forward cabin. Apart from a screaming child on both legs, it was fairly tame compared to the creche in the main cabin. I think they should make the forward cabin free of parents carrying infants as it is only 3 rows and you could probably squeeze a bit more money out of me for the privilege. For a bit under 6 hours to Bali and 4.5 hours I was fairly comfortable but would struggle I think for anything longer. Overall you pay for what you get and for the price I am satisfied.
RouteMelbourne to Denpasar

"good value for money"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Proserpine. Regular traveler on this route. Jetstar provide good value for money. No issues at all with the flight and the Cabin Manager was fantastic and pleasant. The cheese and ham toastie is a winner for breakfast. I fly Jetstar regularly and never have any issues above what I would have with any other airline (e.g. delays etc). The only, small, issue is that they are constantly pushing to buy branded products.
RouteMelbourne to Proserpine
Date FlownMay 2018

"may never return to Jetstar"

Trip Verified | I was flying Melbourne to Gold Coast to join a friend so we can fly to Thailand the day after, and have flown by Jetstar many times, knowing that it is common practice to get some extra baggage and pay for it in advance, and did so this time as you can see.. As I was dropped to airport early had to wait to check my small luggage, 2 hours before, no problem so far. I am walking up and down and up again where you check in and one lady there maybe security, asked if I was ok? I explained that I am waiting to check my bag in, she convinced me that as I have paid for extra baggage I can do it immediately. So I did as to carry it on board, which by the way was not my proffered choice carrying bag with me. So this is where the problem begins I was told that I had to pay extra $60 dollars - obviously I was not happy tried to explain the situation to no avail, what really upset me here the two female staff were so rude never even wanting to listen. I wish someone in Jetstar will understand this and review your standards and procedures. I flew back to Melbourne with another airline, and may never return to Jetstar, the way I feel now.
RouteMelbourne to Gold Coast