Jetstar Airways

"worst service at the counter"

Trip Verified | Auckland to Sydney. I had the worst service at the counter, staff tone to me was as of a robot. I was talked down to and disrespected. Will never fly Jetstar again and will refer everyone away from using it
RouteAuckland to Sydney
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Don't ever book Jetstar"

Trip Verified | I've made a reservation on Jetstar from SIN-TPE on 11/6/18, 1.10am. 13/9/18 Received email notification from Jetstar on flight delay to 9.55am. Contact Jetstar via live Chat to reconfirm details. Proceed to reschedule all the arrangement, paid penalty for hotel and tour amendments. 17/9/18 Received email reminder for the flight to TPE. Noticed the flight timing indicated as 1.10am (no notification was received on the change of flight timing). Called Jetstar Hotline to reconfirm on flight timing. Call centre was not sure of the timing. Throughout the 30min conversation, the agent told me 3 different timing for my flight and finally confirmed that it is changed back to 1.10am. Again, I proceed to reschedule all the travel arrangement and paid for amendments fees. 18/9/18, 10 hours before the flight, received an SMS notification that flight was delayed to 9.55am. Called hotline again and the 1hr 30min calls was hell. Spoke to 2 different agent and non was sure on the exact timing. First told me it's changed to 9.55am, and next moment tell me there's no change and the flight is at 1.10am. As of now, I am not even sure if the trip will happen as promised. Not sure if it'll suddenly change to 1.10am again and I am not being informed. It's true that the t&c for budget airline mentioned that it's subject to changes, but 3 changes for a flight is too much when there's no natural disaster whatsoever. The call centre advised me that it's simply due to "operational requirement". Customer have to suffer because of their changes in "operational requirement", Don't ever book Jetstar again!
RouteSingapore to Taipei
Date FlownJuly 2018

"my flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney. Flying out from Melbourne for family emergency in Sydney. Flight delayed by over 3 hours. Whilst we were told that there are technical issues, no time frames as to resolution. I would've thought the company of this size would have business continuity plan in place for situations like this. Apparently not. As we were waiting to learn our faith that morning, another 4-5 flights have been delayed. As I was getting ready that same night to fly back to Melbourne, I received a message that my flight was cancelled, less than 2 hours before planned departure and was only accommodated the following morning, arriving to Melbourne after 10am. And what did JetStar say on all of that: "sorry".
RouteMelbourne to Sydney

"lost our car seat"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Auckland. Jetstar lost our car seat and refused to accept any responsibility. Agent at Sydney airport had horrible customer service and we have yet heard back a response from Jetstar after we filed a complaint. On Aug 25, 2018, we were checking in for our flight JQ201 from Sydney to Auckland when we encountered likely the worse customer service of all of my 20 years of traveling experiences. There was a long waiting line to check in at the counter that morning. First question the agent asked of us was "which one of you can speak English?". I thought that was rude. We are Asians in appearance but both my husband and I are physicians from the USA. As she was printing our boarding passes and luggage tags, she said she could see that we paid for two checked-in bags but she could not locate which passengers they were paid under, therefore she still had to charge us for the two checked in bags. I said I had the receipt for the paid checked-in bags. She looked through the computer again and said she still had to charged me for the two checked in bags. I could not believe it! It does not make any sense. I said I was not going to pay again because she could not find it. It is a form of incompetence. She then said "I am not going to serve you anymore. You have to go to someone else." and left me there standing. She did not tell me where to go initially. She was clearly doing that to delay my check-in process as a punishment and aggravates my anxiety as the flight departure time was approaching. I then requested to speak to her supervisor. Her supervisor was better but obviously not well trained for customer service (did not display ability to de-escalate the situation). But she figured out the problem was the car seat. Apparently the agent does not know that. She needs to be trained better but that is the least of her problem. Jetstar lost our car seat on the same flight which we learned about we got to Auckland. No one contacted about our car seat for a few days until we got back to San Francisco, USA. We had to buy a new car seat as a result. We contacted them for reimbursement but they refused.
RouteSydney to Auckland
Date FlownAugust 2018

"be cautious if you are on a schedule"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast To Sydney. A delay of 2 hours because of an engineering problem that had no time limit until it was fixed. Once boarding finished, it was a quick getaway to make up some time. Inflight service and IFE was non existent, Jetstar is a LCC. We landed 2 hours late, so no time was made up during the flight time. I would advise anyone flying on LCC to just be cautious if you are on a schedule, otherwise delays happen and you will eventually arrive at your destination.
AircraftA320-200
RouteGold Coast to Sydney
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Great service and great price"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Check in great. On time departure with an almost full aircraft both ways. Hawkes Bay airport are not helpful giving Jetstar a gate way out of the way. Could be much closer to the terminal as Jetstar was the only aircraft on the tarmac. Great service and great price.
RouteNapier to Auckland

"delayed 4 hours"

Not Verified | Flew Jetstar Airways from Newcastle to Brisbane. Terrible, first flight was delayed 4 hours and they did not contact or notify us at all. Then the return flight was cancelled and again no contact at all. Luckily we thought to ring and check. If I could rate this lower, I would. Never again!
RouteNewcastle to Brisbane
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"will never fly with them ever again"

Trip Verified | Flew Melbourne to Brisbane. Charged $60 for being 150 grams over their 7kg allowance and had to put up with a rude member of staff tell me that If I don’t want to pay I can stay in the airport! I will never fly with them ever again, companies like Jetstar who prey upon their customers and at the same time be so rude need to be sent a loud message!
RouteMelbourne to Brisbane
Date FlownAugust 2018

"airline is cheap and nasty"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Sydney. Staff and rude, pushy and aggressive. This airline is cheap and nasty. Planes are uncomfortable and dirty. Although flights aren’t considerable cheaper than other airlines, they look for ways to charge extra at every point of the trip (baggage weight, food purchases, charity donations). Fly this airline as a last resort.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteBrisbane to Sydney

"a great flight."

Trip Verified | Flew Cairns to the Gold Coast on 31st July on Jetstar. My seat was 1B and I had to agree to help in an emergency. We were delayed and a new aircraft was called into service causing a three hour delay. Overall a great flight.
RouteCairns to the Gold Coast