Jetstar Airways

"Expect nothing fancy"

Verified Review | For the price, this short flight to Launceston was value for money. Although we had a small delay, the comfort of the Melbourne Airport Domestic terminal, made up for the 1 hour delayed flight (something that seems to be a common thread when flying Jetstar). Expect nothing fancy or over the top and you should have a good time when flying Jetstar.
RouteMelbourne to Launceston
Date FlownJuly 2017

"never travel Jetstar again"

Verified Review | Phuket to Melbourne. Booked for 1020pm, luckily I looked at my emails and saw it was not going till 3.30am. We had to book another hotel near the airport and because it wasn't delayed by 6 hours can't claim. They gave us a voucher to get something to eat at a burger place. No chips, no coffee, only nuggets and fish burger and the staff were very rude. We will never travel Jetstar again. We paid top dollar for our trip, dinners, extra baggage etc. We had an awesome time in Thailand but going home just spoiled our trip .
RoutePhuket to Melbourne

Jetstar Airways customer review

Verified Review | Jetstar is the worst airline my partner and I have ever flown. The flights are delayed every single time we have flown. No food vouchers or any compensation were ever offered. Their staff are rude and inconsiderate not to mention they know nothing to do with what's going on. They have never been helpful in any situation we have encountered with them (which are many). We were moved to a separate flight on another occasion and had to talk to 4 people before they moved us back and when we questioned why we were moved in the first place they wouldn't answer and we are positive it's because the flight was oversold. There are consistently issues with their flights and we will never be flying with them again.
RouteSingapore to Siem Reap
Date FlownJuly 2017

"flights regularly get cancelled"

Verified Review | Flew Melbourne to Sydney. The Jetstar Airways is the worst airline that I have come across in last 15 years of regular flying experiences. Their staff at check-in are not nice and are inconsiderate. The flights are almost always invariably delayed. The flights regularly get cancelled. The cabins can be untidy and are not clean.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Had two flights delayed"

Verified Review | Bali to Melbourne. Had two flights delayed. The first was for "operational reasons" - from looking into it I just think they were trying to squeeze in an extra flight, we never got an explanation. We have two young children so the "alternative" flights they offered for the first delay didn't work. Ended up canceling and re booking flights a few days later at a significant cost. The second flights also ended up being delayed by a day due to technical issues. I can understand that it happens sometimes and was OK with it. Jetstar offered to pay for accommodation and a meal allowance for the 4 of us up to at total of of US $700. I have receipts etc but have so far been offered reimbursement of of US$250. I emailed twice, no response and spent about 7 hours on live chat getting nowhere and making me feel like I am the one in the wrong. This is only half of it but I'm not going to go on.
RouteBali to Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2017

"wonderful stress-free trip"

Verified Review | Proserpine to Brisbane. Jetstar, thank you for a wonderful stress-free trip on 1st July. I accompanied my 90 year old mother who needed special assistance to get on and off the plane. All staff were friendly and very helpful. And a special thank you to our buggy driver at Brisbane airport. Unfortunately I don't know his name, but he was amazing - so gentle and caring with my mum - I was so impressed!
RouteProserpine to Brisbane
Date FlownJuly 2017

"seats changed without notice"

Verified Review | Melbourne to Sydney. I paid extra for extra leg room because I have a knee issue, seats changed without notice only after complaining I got a $50 dollar voucher. Next time tried to use said vouchers, great they spelt my name wrong the voucher is unusable, flight goes up in price more than the voucher is worth while it takes them a week to change the name.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownDecember 2016

"food and service was good"

Verified Review | Flew Jetstar from Melbourne to Phuket. 4 of use in total. At check in at Melbourne I thought the check-in staff were quite rude and not at all that happy to assist with their new check-in procedures. Having never used this before we stumbled and the female attendant was quite rude. Felt like she was talking down to us. On the flight 3 of use had 11 GHJ going over with a bulkhead behind us. The seat back still reclines the normal amount and the great thing is no one behind pulling your seat or asking for it to be raised. Watched a few movies over which is quite limited in its selection. Food was roast chicken and another friend had pork. Both meals were quite good. Service was good and overall a good flight. An hour late leaving but made up some time and only half hour late getting in. Return flight we had row 10 GHJ these are great seats. No one in front. Heaps of leg room. Again food and service was good. We landed half an hour early. Overall two good flights.
AircraftDreamliner
RouteMelbourne to Phuket
Date FlownMay 2017

"thank you to the ground staff"

Verified Review | Denpasar to Singapore. Beautiful experience at this airport with staff. There were smiles and patient explanations given throughout. One of the ground staff at my flight had assisted in explaining why my odd shaped luggage was not suitable and needed to be checked in at the airline counter. Feeling skeptical at that point and ready to lose that piece (it's a kite, light and small but has poined ends and hence hand-carry abroad was not allowed), was pleasant to find luggage arriving in 1 piece. We did not purchase check in luggage space and hence was surprised by the additional service provided to check in our kite at no additional cost. A very big thank you to the ground staff who attended to us.
RouteDenpasar to Singapore
Date FlownJune 2017

"comfortable seating for economy"

Verified Review | Jetstar Flight JQ44 - Denpasar to Melbourne on 4 May 2017. Jetstar Denpasar staff started boarding the aircraft approx. 50 minutes before scheduled departure (which was good, this avoiding the usual boarding crush/rush) enabling the flight to depart right on time. A new aircraft - clean - comfortable seating for economy. Not much leg room, but which airline does provide a lot of legroom in the Economy cabin. We prepaid our Entertainment. A reasonable selection of movies, TV programs. Nice size screen & easy to operate. We had also preordered a meal for this flight for $24. Cabin crew stated handing out meals not long after takeoff, so it was really a very early dinner. The serving size (roast chicken) was very small, but the actual quality was very good. In addition to the chicken, we received a cup of water and a small chocolate bar. Not particularly good value. Flight was very comfortable. We had a spare seat next to us, so that was good. The aircraft is very quiet. Clean toilets. Staff were generally friendly and helpful. Overall a very good flight.
AircraftBoeing 787 Dreamliner