Top 100 Airlines

Jetstar Airways

"was much appreciated"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | My aunt (89) was booked to take this domestic flight from Auckland to Nelson, but was late to the check-in counter. Instead of refusing to assist, Jetstar organised an airport hotel, transport to/from, meal voucher, and booked her on the following morning's flight. This went several extra miles beyond what they were required to do, and was much appreciated by our family. Also pleased to see Jetstar in NZ has finally agreed to switch from opt-out to opt-in for extras such as baggage etc on their flights, starting in May 2016.
AircraftQ300
RouteAKL to NSN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"terrible service to guest"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Poor Jetstar check in staff at Christchurch Airport. It was terrible service to guest. I added the wheelchair service for my grandma but they didn't prepare staff or the wheelchair. I brought it from outside by myself and even then, they were asking me to take her to aircraft. Ok, I understand it gets busy, but when I arrive at the boarding area, they made me wait and boarding at the last. It was 7am flight, and I'm really disappointed in Jetstar service.
RouteCHC to WLG
Date FlownApril 2016

"poor check-in staff service"

Verified Review | Melbourne to Singapore with Jetstar. Overall a pleasant experience, but marred by extremely poor service from Jetstar check-in staff. They ignored Business Class passengers while bickering among themselves, avoiding all eye contact with waiting Jetstar customers. No explanation or apology was given for failing to attend to passengers. After 10 minutes of this we moved to the Economy Class check-in queue, where the process was efficiently handled. I have flown Jetstar Business Class a couple of times and have not encountered such rudeness. Everything else about the flight was fine: punctuality, comfort, friendly and efficient on-board service, and pretty good food. I am sure it was just a couple of rotten apples at the Melbourne Jetstar counters who let the company down, but they urgently need retraining about customer service!
RouteMEL to SIN
Date FlownApril 2016

"very good for a budget airline"

Verified Review | Perth to Tokyo Narita via Cairns with Jetstar. My 2 flights were okay Jetstar considering it was lost cost. My first flight was at the worst flying time (midnight - 4:30) after that flight I was extremely tired and fell asleep on a bunch of chairs for my 6 hour layover at Cairns, (would say try to avoid Cairns due to awkward flying times). Anyway, flight attendants we're a bit chatty throughout the flights but were friendly and helpful. We got food for free on second flight bc we paid for baggage. Probably one of the nicer meals I had on flights. First flight on an A320 the seats were not the most comfortable but on the 2nd flight we sat at a bulkhead so heaps of legroom. Overall I would say very good for a budget airline and a high value for money.
AircraftA320 / Boeing 787-8
RoutePER to NRT via CNS

"continues to excel"

Verified Review | Jetstar Airways continues to excel in its field. With carry on only, this was one of the easiest flights I have taken in many years from Launceston to Sydney. The Cabin Crew were, as usual, courteous and efficient. I found seat 17F a little tight as compared to my previous A321 seat 12A (no seat in front). I don't think that seat pitch varies from A320 to A320. For less than two hours, this was not a problem. I did not purchase food or drink, and declined the scratch card offer (quite difficult to redeem). I will continue to fly Jetstar, and I highly recommend this LCC.
AircraftA320-200
RouteLST to SYD
Date FlownApril 2016

"point blank refused a meal"

Jetstar were terrible from start to finish flying from Manila to Singapore. Having booked my ticket online and pre-paid for hold luggage and a meal on board I was told at check-in that I hadn't paid for baggage. The check in attendant was adamant that I hadn't paid but after a phone call to their service centre it was confirmed that I had paid for baggage and food. Problem solved - or maybe not. Once we had taken off, the pre-paid meals started arriving, having been through this process a number of times with other airlines I had my boarding card out ready to be checked. 30 minutes later my meal hadn't arrived so I spoke to one of the flight attendants who were again adamant that I had not paid for a meal (even though check in had confirmed this!). I even showed my booking confirmation to which I was still denied a meal as it wasn't on their sheet. I was point blank refused a meal. Fairly cheesed off I wrote in to the customer service department to complain. The service didn't get any better, in fact I would say it got worse. Having explained the situation I was offered a AUS$25 voucher to be used on jetstar.com.
RouteMNL to SIN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"staff unfriendly at Avalon"

Verified Review | Melbourne Avalon to Sydney with Jetstar was the worst experience ever. Found staff unfriendly at Avalon airport. Mindest of revenue generation. Even though I had paid for extra luggage and not used the total allocated allowance, they wouldn't let me take my handbag on board as it was slightly over. I did express for safety I would put the laptop under the seat not in the hat rack above, but this was not allowed. Even on a flight that wasn't full.
RouteAVV to SYD
Date FlownApril 2016

"cabin crew were efficient"

Verified Review | Jetstar is a non nonsense airline with everything pretty what you would expect for a low cost carrier. The flight from Auckland to Wellington was a great price and I choose the "add ons" that I needed. The snack was pleasant enough for the short flight, the small cup of water could have been a little bottle, but again it is a short flight and I had my own. Seats are tight and limited leg room, same as any other carrier really. Cabin crew were efficient, knew who had pre ordered, they made eye contact used your name little things that made the flight a little more relaxed and friendly.
RouteAKL to WEL
Date FlownMarch 2016

"it’s equivalent to premium economy"

(Papua New Guinea)

Melbourne to Tokyo Narita via Cairns. I had a choice for the same price, between Cathay Pacific in economy via Hong Kong or Jetstar in business class via Cairns. Jetstar had more convenient timings so I took the chance. Then I panicked because the ticket and the website indicated that I would have to collect my bags in Cairns and check back in. However, at check-in in Melbourne, I was given both boarding passes and my bags were checked through to Tokyo - this seems to be the norm for the Tokyo and Osaka flights but I can’t find anywhere where I was told that in advance. A good thing, too, since the Melbourne-Cairns flight left 63 minutes late despite boarding on time (they’ve got a reputation to maintain). The flight to Cairns had no business section so I was stuck in economy in an exit row seat, plenty of room but next to the noisy galley and toilets. The Boeing 787’s electronically-dimmed windows just don’t work in direct sun and my head got very hot and it was impossible to sleep. The quieter engines don’t translate into a quieter cabin - seems like some machinery is very loud, perhaps for the higher cabin pressures (the higher pressures may however have reduced the screaming from the usual gaggle of families). On the the Cairns-Tokyo leg I was in the first “business” row and it’s directly equivalent to premium economy elsewhere. The seat actually felt less roomy than the Cathay Pacific premium economy I was in a few weeks ago, even though 2x3x2 in a 787 should have more space than 2x3x2 in the narrower A330. The food was fairly good but they offered lower-end alcohol options compared to most airlines. Maybe the busines” class is worth considering for a point-to-point long-haul flight (as long as it’s cheaper than others’ premium economy), but it’s still Jetstar.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteMEL to NRT via CNS

"crew were robotic"

Have flown Jetstar Business international on many occasions and the crew has always been energetic, engaging and very pleasant. On this flight from Melbourne to Singapore though the crew were robotic, devoid of personality and as much as I hate to say it, soulless. At one stage a FA came past and tapped her index finger on the arm rest where the tray table is stowed to indicate for us to get the tray out, I guess speaking would be too much to ask for! Would fly Jetstar again but hope to get a crew with personality.
RouteMEL to SIN