Jetstar Airways

"Seats weren't comfortable"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Sydney. We were late to the boarding gate (beyond our control) and the lady screamed at us like we were children. Not sure what side of the bed she woke up on but I would expect a bit more maturity from an adult woman. Seats weren't comfortable and leg room was barely the minimum. Next time I will pay extra and fly with an airline that treats its customers with respect.
RouteAdelaide to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2017

"steal as much as they can with the weight"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Hobart to Melbourne. They try to steal as much as they can with the weight. For every kilo you pass they will charge you 25 dollars. That’s insane, try using other airlines more comprehensive, if you pass one kilo they will charge It. One flight they charged me something but for the next one, with the same amount of kilos they tried to charge me more. Wherever they can earn more money they will take advantage of it.
RouteHobart to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2017

"good quality product and service"

Verified Review | Flew Sydney to Launceston. Jetstar provided a good quality product and service. I paid a low fare and could check in via their app up to 28 days in advance. The flight left on time, arrived early, and the crew were professional and helpful. There was also good information from the flight deck. LCC’s tend to get hammered when things go wrong or maybe when customers don’t do their research, but I knew what Jetstar offered and what they didn’t when I bought the ticket and I feel they are good value and relatively comfortable to fly with. My only negative was the long line for bag drop in Sydney. Maybe a Melbourne-style automated system would be better.
RouteSydney to Launceston
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Worst experience with Jetstar"

Verified Review | Terrible Airline! Flew Queenstown to Bali via Sydney. Will never fly with them again! Of course its a budget airline and I understand that but seriously its a joke. We purchased luggage for 35kg then when we arrived and tried to check in they tell us 32kg is the max! Nowhere does it say it can be in up to 10 bags! They weigh your carry-ons to the T. 7kg and no more. So here we are at the check in counter being pregnant, trying to put on layers and layers of clothes which we are just going to take off after security and put right back in the bag so whats the difference. I've never had an airline weigh and criticize our carry on luggage. We still ended up having to pay another 100 dollars for another checked bag at the counter. First she said it would be 75 dollars, then when we are abour to pay tells us oh it's 100 dollars because you have another stop. So we ended up paying an extra 250$ for nothing. We could have just booked Qantas for cheaper, have our bags included, no hassle with carry on weight, a meal included and complimentary alcoholic beverages included. Worst experience with Jetstar. Would not recommend.
RouteQueenstown to Bali via Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2017

"flew us to a different destination"

Verified Review | Avalon to Gold Coast. They cancelled a flight and left passengers to find their own way to another airport for a later flight, then flew us to a different destination too. They showed a complete lack of consideration for their passengers and did not offer any valid compensation (6 month non transferable voucher offered, although we told them no possibility of using it).
RouteAvalon to Gold Coast
Date FlownJune 2017

"Leather seat wasn't very comfy"

Verified Review | Boarding took ages because of Jestar's inconsistent baggage policies. Flight landed early but disembarking took at at least 35min. Ground staff told us plane was parked at the wrong spot for incorrect airbridge! Seat width and pitch was good enough. Leather seat wasn't very comfy. The plastic seat pocket replacing the IFE screen area is unconvincing. Couldn't hold lot of items at all. Not clean either. Also disappointing was seat air con knob wasn't working and water could only be retrieved if people push the call button. The whole flight was noisy due to dozens of call button rings. The best part was the courteous and friendly crew service. Also impressive was the great piloting skills - smooth descent and no turbulence at all throughout flight.
RouteChristchurch to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Worst airline I have ever flown"

Verified Review | Gold Coast to Sydney. Worst airline I have ever flown with, a delay leaving Sydney 30 mins which isn’t too bad, but delayed 2.5 hours leaving Gold Coast. Announcement By tannoy but not one Jetstar member gateside of the airport so had now way of being able to speak to someone. Delay only announced 10 mins before original boarding time so most people already waiting at gate. Very disappointed not to see any Jetstar staff - definitely not travelling with them again.
RouteGold Coast to Sydney

"express my dissatisfaction"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Sydney to Auckland. Terrible experience from beginning to end. The flight was cancelled while we were in the line to check in. We were offered an alternative flight with Qantas however it was 7 hours later and we had commitments back in New Zealand so asked if we could arrange a refund as we would have to purchase flights on another airline. The customer service manager agreed and said she'd make notes in their system regarding the details. We purchased last minute flights on an alternative airline at horrendous expense being last minute and flew home. When I went to follow up the refund I was bounced around no less that five different people and pushed to online chats no-one being able to assist and all saying that we had boarded the plane and taken the flight. No 'notes' were ever put in the system and they had to launch an 'investigation'. Two weeks later they send me an email saying that as per their terms here was a voucher to the value of the flight. I replied saying that the Customer Service manager had agreed to refund the flight given the circumstances and received no reply. I re-sent the email a week later and also received no reply. Every aspect of the dealing was absolutely horrendous and took a lot of self focus to breath through it and not react in an angry fashion. At least writing this review has given a means to express my dissatisfaction and let it go.
RouteSydney to Auckland
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Absolute worst experience "

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Denpasar to Sydney. Absolute worst experience I’ve had in 20 years of flying. Jetstar promised to compensate my friend and I for a mishap they made and then ignored our calls and emails when it came time for payment. I’m totally disgusted at how they treat customers and would always recommend travelling with another airline.
RouteDenpasar to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2016

"Don't fly with Jetstar"

Verified Review | Sydney to Honolulu. Worst airline in the world. Had ordered meals and paid for meals which they did not have on board when we flew. The so called customer care person emailed to apologise and provided vouchers which are not transferable, have to be used in six months and have a host of other conditions which makes them very hard to use. Also he has failed to respond to any emails we have sent. The complaint was taken by the stewardess onboard, so they just sent an email with excuses and then sent these worthless vouchers and ignored all other correspondence. Jetstar are quick to take your money for pillows, meals, entertainment etc but do everything to ensure they don't give you a refund in cash. They send these highly conditioned vouchers which clearly you will have little chance of using so they don't provide the service and then also keep your money! Don't fly with Jetstar.
RouteSydney to Honolulu