Vote Now

Jetstar Airways

"carry-on backpack was weighed"

Verified Review | Tokyo Narita to Sapporo. Before I was allowed to board the flight, my carry-on backpack was weighed. The size of my bag was not a problem but it was the weight of the bag. Jetstar's policy is to not allow carry-ons that weigh over 7 kgs. So, as to not have damage to my fragile MacBook or iPad, I had to carry them on with other items (iPhone, headphones, book, reading glasses) that I wished to use on the flight, juggling them in my arms as my backpack was checked in to the cargo hold. The staff treated me well and was apologetic, it's not their fault.
RouteTokyo Narita to Sapporo
Date FlownMarch 2017

"I would fly with Jetstar again"

Unverified | My daughter and I arrived two minutes after the flight had closed. We'd flown from Manchester on Emirates. The flight had been delayed by 3 hours so it was a miracle to get to check in at all. Although Jetstar have a rigid approach to late arrivals, I was impressed with the staff at Auckland airport who went out of their way to ensure that we were on the next available flight. Thanks so much. I would fly with Jetstar again!
RouteAuckland to New Plymouth
Date FlownMarch 2017

"would hesitate using Jetstar again"

Verified Review | I was meant to get the 09:10 flight from Wellington to Auckland and then would have a 4 hour wait to catch an international flight back to the UK. I turned up at the airport just before 7am and was told the flight had been cancelled that morning and I'd have to go on standby for a flight that would arrive in Auckland at 12:50. I advised this would be impossible as I'd miss my international flight. After a lot of talking the lady of the checkin desk managed to get me on the standby flight that should have left at 08:35 but was late and eventually left at my originally scheduled flight time of 09:10. I had 5 mins to get to the gate and through security. I was grateful to get the flight but very unhappy with the lack of communication from Jetstar Airways leading to the cancellation of the flight. Lots of other passengers who also turned up for the cancelled flight stated they had not received any cancellation texts or emails. One person stated they received the message at approximately 5am. The plane itself had good leg room on the seats and the luggage came out promptly on arrival. I would hesitate using Jetstar Airways again.
RouteWellington to Auckland
Date FlownMarch 2017

"awful customer service "

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Singapore. I experienced awful customer service when I recently flew with Jetstar. Outside drinks weren't allowed on the plane despite the general terrible food served. Horrible attitude of staff on the ground. And in general, the policies around outside food and drinks are not clearly communicated. I would not recommend anyone to fly this airline, most definitely not families with little kids.
RouteHong Kong to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2017

"trick customers in my view"

Verified Review | Perth to Bali. When booking my flight to Bali the Jetstar web site allocated seats to me which I did not change or select. Then when I printed out my invoice notice a seat selection fee. When I complained to Jetstar live chat agent, he said I should have unchecked the allocated seats so to avoid the fee. I think this is a terrible design and one could say made to trick customers in my view. Jetstar said my mistake was refundable and would do nothing to help. There is very little choice between AirAsia and Jetstar but one who likes to use local Jetstar was my choice. Well not anymore.
RoutePerth to Bali
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"this airline is a shocker with little respect for their passengers"

Verified Review | This airline is a shocker with little respect for their passengers. Booked to go to Sydney today for a 12.45 flight only to have it delayed until 2.50 with no explanation, and then went into a holding pattern for one hour at Sydney, only to be told that the airport was closed so we all had to return to Melbourne again. Once down we were told that there was no more flights until 3.30 Saturday afternoon which was the next day. Now I understand about the closure in Sydney but Qantas were still flying and landing at the time of our departure and indeed they were still flying that night but rather then make the effort to fly later that night they just cancelled everything leaving me needing to get to Sydney but unable, not to mention that when I asked for a refund they told me that I should have taken out travel insurance and it was not their responsibility: Until I questioned why Qantas was able to land and Jetstar wasn't they stated that Qantas have landing rights over everyone and indeed they were also flying that night they then paid up.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"will do nothing to help me"

Verified Review | Auckland to Sydney. I do not recommend Jetstar if you want good customer service. I cannot comment on the actual flight as it hasn't happened yet, but I'm thinking I won't even be getting on the plane. I flew from Minneapolis to Auckland, visiting New Zealand on holiday before I start my working holiday visa in Australia. I do not have any solid travel dates but knew that I had to be in Australia by April 16th. I was told at the ticket counter that I could not board unless I had a flight out of New Zealand. This is my fault as I misunderstood the conditions of traveling into a country via visitor's visa vs. a working holiday visa. I was under the impression I could enter the country as long as I had enough money to purchase a flight out of the country. I had to book my flight at the ticket counter and fast since my flight was about to leave. I booked through kayak.com. I purchased insurance as I was under the impression I could use it to change or cancel my flight if I needed to. Apparently, kayak has their settings set to round trip by default and I accidentally booked a flight out of Auckland to Sydney on March 7th and then right back to Auckland from Sydney on March 8th in less than 24 hours. I noticed this mistake on my layover in Los Angeles and called the airline immediately to try and get a refund for the return ticket. Usually airlines will let you cancel of change your flight within 24 hours of the booking. Not Jetstar. They will do nothing to help me. I've talked to their customer service team about 4 or 5 times and they do not care about their customers. They won't even offer me a refund via voucher. The insurance I purchased to Allianz is a farce as well. The box I checked to purchase the insurance said it covered cancellations and changes to your flight. What they don't mention is that it only covers cancellations of changes if you or your travel companion is injured or ill and you must provide extensive proof of this. I will be contacting my bank to dispute all of the charges and I'm confident they'll get my money back. Jetstar will also be losing a customer.
RouteAuckland to Sydney
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"happy to report service was great"

Verified Review | Dunedin to Auckland. I was given plenty of warnings about JetStar but I still flew. I am happy to report service was great from the check in to baggage claim. The check in staff was friendly with a great sense of humor, boarding was smooth, and the cabin crew pleasant. I even got a sandwich, which is more than I received on my flight to Dunedin on Air New Zealand. The crew moved up and down the cabin many times being solicitous of our wellbeing. Compared to Air NZ domestic, JetStar is the star.
RouteDunedin to Auckland

"exceeded my expectations"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | I am flying from Denpasar Bali to Melbourne on 21 January 2017 with Jetstar Airways. I was surprised with the flight. Low cost but they have audio video on demand. Free for general information, USB gadget charging, and headset. Pay for movies and music. Pay for meal and drink, but free for still water. Check in process running well. Good services from local staff. Then flights attendant is plain/fair. I think this flight exceeded my expectations.
RouteBali to Melbourne
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"ground service aggressive and unfriendly"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Denpasar to Auckland via Melbourne. We left Denpasar airport a bit late due to several excuses, the main excuse was paperwork. We have already boarded the aircraft and waited on the ground for about an hour which made us miss our connecting flight to Auckland. Ground staff was a bit slow on giving us information about what was going on which made some of us very stressed and uncomfortable. The connecting flight that we were meant to be on had already left at 11.05pm when we arrived at 12am. Jetstar gave us accommodation and told us that we were on the next flight out which was at 9.10am but due to the immigration not giving us Indonesians visas we were unable to go to the hotel which meant we had to make ourselves comfortable in the transit area (which weirdly you had to call someone to open the door for you, it is so impractical when you are in a rush). We were given food vouchers worth $20 each (no shops were open at that time so we were starving). We were going to get our boarding tickets at the gate and the ground service were very aggressive and so unfriendly and rude which put us off so much. Overall, the cabin staff were alright but I've seen happier more friendlier cabin staff on other airlines. I recommend that Jetstar should really get their services to prioritise customers that have had disrupted flights and also train their staff to be more friendly and not so rude and aggressive. It would have made it more pleasant if the ground staff were more helpful and informative. Also on the flight from Auckland to Denpasar via Melbourne, our baggage had been left in Melbourne for around 3/4 days. Our baggage was meant to be checked in all the way through to Denpasar but obviously did this not happen. Not sure who to blame, Melbourne airport or Jetstar but this is really not a good way to start a holiday. We had to leave for Surabaya on the very next day we arrived in Denpasar which meant we had to drive 3 hours to the airport to claim our bags. We were stranded without clothes for 5 days.
RouteDenpasar to Auckland via Melbourne