Best Cabin Crew

Jetstar Airways

"no communication from Jetstar"

Jetstar Airways flight from Honolulu to Sydney on January 28th 2016, due to arrive in Sydney on Jan 29th at 3 pm. We were due to board at about 8 am, after being queued in the longest queue to check in (hundreds of metres long) and then walking to the Jetstar lounge which was not opened for ages. Just about to get onto the aircraft when there is an announcement that the "flight is cancelled due to engine issues". Immediately there are text messages to our phone confirming the flight cancellation and giving advice about contacting airline for a refund. That was the last communication I got from Jetstar. If I had waited for them to contact me I would still be sitting in Honolulu. Shipped off en masse to the airport hotel, with vouchers for $30 worth of food per person per day (which gets you about one course in Honolulu). The buses or taxis which never seemed to arrive, and we get there about 2 hours later after collecting our luggage and lining up like a flock of sheep on the sidewalk. We sit in our hotel for the best part of 2 days. No communication from Jetstar. Jetstar extends our time in the hotel for an extra day. No news about what is wrong with their plane our how long it will be till it is fixed. No suggestion of any replacement aircraft or switching us to Qantas or Hawaiian. When I go back to the airport I am told they be able to get you on a flight on about the 3rd or 4th of February. I go back to the hotel, manage to eventually book a flight with Air New Zealand to Auckland, then to Sydney with Qantas. We finally get back to Sydney on January 31st in the afternoon. Still have not heard a word from Jetstar. They probably still think we are in the airport hotel.
RouteHNL to SYD

"shabby service"

Denpasar to Sydney with Jetstar Airways - extremely poor communication and service. Had thought the lack of coordination and shabby service on the way was just perception however on return I now understand this is simply Jetstar's standard. Flight was delayed without explanation by 5 hours and then further delayed by abother 3 hours. Airport staff unable to give details regarding onward connecting flights or expected time for arrival. For me the delay resulted in a 36 hour working day without apology or compensation. Not good enough Jetstar. This bare basic service is definitely not worth any minute ticket saving. Certainly would never travel use again.
RouteDPS to SYD
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"uncomfortable and poor value"

The Jetstar Airways so-called business class cabin is extremely cramped with seats more difficult to exit than most economy ones on other carriers. With other airlines providing an infinitely superior product at a lower cost, albeit with a one stop service, Jetstar is just not worth it. Pleasant and cheerful crew but they could do nothing about the inadequate seating and facilities in the cabin. My flight from Melbourne to Bangkok is not an experience I would want to repeat in a hurry. Unfortunately it's a return ticket with the same carrier. Overall: uncomfortable and poor value.
AircraftBoeing 787 Dreamliner
RouteMEL to BKK

"avoid like the plague"

Phuket to Melbourne with Jetstar Airways. Avoid like the plague. Flight was rearranged with no real explanation. Contacted the customer service team who gave me conflicting information. I was left with no idea when the flight would be leaving and with nobody I could contact for the correct answer. Like many other reviewers have stated, pay the extra and go with a reputable airline.
RouteHKT to MEL

"this abysmal airline"

Honolulu to Sydney via Melbourne. After our Jetstar flight was cancelled due to major engine issues we still await word on how they are getting us home. It seems Jetstar has abandoned its passengers and whats worse will not pay for our accomodation or food while we wait to be flown home. Its only after taking matters into my own hands by calling the airline and booking another flight that I'm getting out, otherwise I'm sure i would have been here a lot longer. With no money to pay for this either I had to take out an overdraw on my bank account leaving me in debt. Still awaiting some answers from this abysmal airline they call Jetstar.
RouteHNL to SYD via MEL
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"seat was very uncomfortable"

I booked a last minute, one way shared flight from Singapore to Perth on Monday January 25th, 2016 with Jetstar Airways as a Qantas frequent flyer. I added the max bundle which gave me 40 kg of luggage, seat choice and lounge access. My check in was done in a unsmiling, perfunctory manner even though there was no queue. The Qantas lounge was wonderful and the highlight of this experience. The seats are standard throughout the plane (small plane, central aisle with three seats either side. My seat was worn vinyl and very uncomfortable. My meal was unappealing and unfortunately the sauce was spilt onto my leg as it was being served. The staff never acknowledged my experience nor offered any apology. My family commute often via Singapore and I will be avoiding this flight from now on if it is serviced by Jetstar.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSIN to PER
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"never fly Jetstar again"

I arrived at Melbourne from London with Emirates, and made my way to the Jetstar counter for the flight from Melbourne to Hobart. It was 3.50am on 30th December 2015. A Jetstar employee was walking towards me while I was standing at the counter, and I said "excuse me". She walked straight past me saying "we open at 4". I said "I just want to...." where she cut me dead with "I said 4'o clock!". She rounded this off with look of death. I can't believe Jetstar would put someone with her attitude anywhere near paying customers. I will never fly Jetstar again and next time I go to Australia (later this year) will go via Sydney.
RouteMEL to HBA
Date FlownDecember 2015

"a frustrating experience"

Honolulu to Sydney with Jetstar Airways, Our carry on size baggage exceeded the airline 7 kg limit, so we were forced to check it and pay $160 per bag, an extraordinary high fee. Then one of the bags was damaged on the flight and they refused to refund the fee, and are asking us to jump through various hoops to get reimbursed. On the return trip, they failed to bring my walker up to the aircraft for me to disembark with. Baggage was damaged a second time. The staff seemed exceedingly poorly trained and indifferent to customers. Quite a frustrating experience.
RouteHNL to SYD
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"it will be our last time"

Our return flight from Singapore to Melbourne was cancelled by Jetstar and we were forced to spend an additional night in Singapore. Whilst waiting in the Jetstar line at Changi airport, the single lady traveller in front of us showed us her cancellation letter from Jetstar which said she alone was entitled to be reimbursed SGD$150 for accommodation incurred. Each of the four passengers on our booking also received this letter emailed to our travel agent by Jetstar. Having put in our claim for reimbursement, we have been advised by Jetstar that as a booking of four passengers, we were only going to be reimbursed SGD$150 for all four of us for accommodation (it is impossible to get a reasonable room in Singapore for 4 people at this rate). It’s the first time we have flown Jetstar overseas and it will be our last.
RouteSIN to MEL
Date FlownDecember 2015

"doubt I will use them again"

(New Zealand)

Singapore to Melbourne with Jetstar Airways business class. Boeing 787 new and quite quiet in the front. Hate the electronic window shading, was in control of the cabin staff so it was either all open or all dark. It was a night flight and I was watching the huge fires and some wicked lightening storms till they darkened the windows for people to sleep. Sorry but what was happening out the window was better than the in-seat entertainment. The seat has plenty of leg room but I don't think there was one seat where the recline/foot rest worked properly - there was a lot of times when the cabin crew were wrestling with seat. Recline is huge but you're reclining into the space of the person behind you. It happened to me - the tiny TV drops to where you can't view it unless your neck is double-jointed. You can't get up to go to the toilet without some contortions and using the headrest of the seat in front and then you receive that disgusted look because you woke them up. Entertainment small screen was just that, small, very small and not great quality. And I ran out of movies to watch about 3 hours from touchdown on a 7.5 hour flight. What an awful poor choice - and in Business class! Food not quite as good as other airlines economy food. I was in row 2 of business class and they ran out of the first choice in row 2. Well actually they didn't run out because our friends (also in row 2) shortly after being fobbed off with the fish, noted that row 2 and 3 of the other side of the business cabin got the first choice. So that's a bit of an insult to be told that it's out to then watch people being served it after you. First choice - a Pie, no veggies, no potatoes, nothing but a pie! Had to check I was in business class! Drinks offer a good choice, and always there if you wanted it. Cabin staff were mainly good and attentive (not that we wanted much) but a bit disappointed with the lack of checking for meals. Goodies Pack was great:- earplugs, eye mask, toothbrush, tube socks (not so great), hand cream, lip balm, neck pillow and the bag it came in can be used as a computer tablet bag. There is one thing that all airlines should realize; tube socks don't work in the toilet (think about it). Ground service I've marked low for one reason - although we were the first off the plane we were last away from the baggage carousel as our bags came out last (that will teach us to be first at the airport!) Business class baggage came out last! Overall the whole thing was very amateurish, I wasn't expecting top of the line business class, but it should have been up to at least premium economy standards of other airlines. Not sure how they can market this as business class. I doubt I will use them again for this sort of travel.
RouteSIN to MEL