Jetstar Airways

Review by (Australia)

I passed out for hour due to lack of oxygen an hour into the flight. I can't think the Jetstar Airways crew enough for helping me. They were like nurses and I commend them for their professionalism.
RouteAdelaide to Cairns

Review by (Japan)

Return flights from Tokyo to Cairns were both very impressive. Flights were not crowded, which always helps, but found these nice new dreamliner aircraft to be very comfortable. Service was excellent, both friendly and efficient. I had not pre-purchased food or drinks, in fact, took my own food. But found a very good selection of both drinks and snacks available for purchase on the aircraft. Both flights departed right on time, and arrived a little early. All in all, and excellent experience.
RouteTokyo to Cairns

Review by (Australia)

Standard red-eye Adelaide-Melbourne flight. Chose the starter plus option upon booking for $30 extra, which allows for several extras, including a $5 voucher to use during cabin service. Crew were very friendly and attentive, and overall a fantastic 58-minute flight.
RouteAdelaide to Melbourne

Review by (Australia)

From Perth to Melbourne for a conference on 13th, day before cancelled to fly out at around 5pm with Qantas then delayed until after 8, eventually arrived in Melbourne accomodation at 4am. Had to be at conference at 8am. To add insult to injury today we are again cancelled and rescheduled to leave at 6.50pm after our initial booking was at 10am. I will never fly with Jetstar again
RouteMelbourne to Perth

Review by (Australia)

Scheduled to fly on jetstar at 1.30pm to the Gold Coast for a wedding. Left my work early, flight was cancelled with no other Jetstar flight to board. We had to be placed on a Virgin flight at 6.45pm that evening. Missed out on family gathering. No explanation from jetstar as to what happened. Melbourne is the second biggest city in Australia and Jetstar can't get there act together.
RouteMelbourne to Gold Coast
Date FlownSeptember 2014

Review by (Canada)

I flew HNL-SYD and a month later SYD-HNL. I was actually traveling from Vancouver to SYD, and broke up the trip by flying Air Canada YVR-HNL return for about $550, and the Jetstar for about $1100 (plus all the extras). I had to stay one night in HNL each way, adding $500 hotel. With the Jetstar extras the cost perhaps $500 less than a direct flight. Plus I was trying to break up the 15/16 hour nonstop flight duration. Jetstar : I had a cordial reception checking in at HNL. The rest of the staff throughout the rest of the trip were indifferent. The Boeing 787 is a nice airplane, as they go. I paid extra for a good seat, which was a great boon on full flights. That was good value for money. I paid $40-ish for the meal: it was a rude joke both times. The meal was mushy, minimal and miserable, and you needed to wait 15 minutes for a drink to wash it down. The most demeaning part of the experience was getting dinged $125 for my 5 kilos overweight baggage on my return. There wasn't a weight scale where I was staying, so I couldn't have prepared myself for the problem. My carry-on backpack was at the carry-on weight limit, so I couldn't switch items into that. So it was either pay the money or toss out some of my clothes. I paid, and then fumed for the next hour or two. The only way Jetstar can avoid this kind of rude greeting for a customer would be to give staff some leeway on the overweight rule. But they were very stern. In most of the reviews people are willing to forgive Jetstar's faults because of the lower prices. I don't agree. A price is a price and a fault is a fault. If Jetstar worked on its faults, and upped its prices slightly, it could delight customers instead of annoying them, as it so often does. I think I'll flight direct next time, either Qantas or Air Canada.
RouteSYD to HNL

Review by (Australia)

Jetstar insist frequently enough during the online ticket purchase process that passengers must get to the airport 2 hours prior to departure which we dutifully did, arriving at Melbourne airport a bit before 4 am, to catch the 6:05 am jetstar flight to Sydney. When we arrived check in had just opened and there were only 2 staff checking baggage. Got our baggage tag and got in the queue. Then they proceeded to call out every single passenger whose flight were departing before ours, regardless of where they were in the queue. At one point the front line stood still for more than 49 minutes whilst jet star personnel were pulling people out of the other lanes and getting them checked in. When we finally got seen - after a riot nearly broke out - the check in guy told us we had less than 5 minutes to get through security and make our flight. We had to run like mad. Our flight was at 6:05 am! I don't care about the pay per use for extra stuff like bags, food, seat assignments etc - it's a nuisance but fine. I'll pay, as long as I get the service. The lack of a coordinated path to check baggage for passengers and poor organization at the airport is simply not acceptable and no cheap airfare makes this worth the anxiety! It is maddening and made me angry and resentful. I can't believe this airline is a Qantas offshoot. In the end don't bother with the 2 hours early part. It does not make any difference trust me!! At least not for domestic flights departing Melbourne. Get there 45 minutes before your flight, flag a staff member and tell them your flight is boarding now and you'll get right up the front of the queue and wave bye bye to the poor sops who play by the rules. Basic definitions of service do not apply here and it is NOT first come first serve as they claim. It is next flight out gets first priority, which makes for a highly stressful experience. Definitely not worth the aggravation from my personal experience.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney

Review by (New Zealand)

First time flying Jetstar International, were flying from OOL (Gold Coast) to Wellington. Have heard some pretty average reviews with Jetstar for a little while. Considering Gold Coast to Wellington is a new route for Jetstar I was expecting a fair bit of turning in the air. We had also flew Wellington to Gold Coast when we were coming to Gold Coast, surprisingly we had the same Head Pilot for both flights, very friendly! Around 1/2 way through the flight the food cart came around, we were quite lucky because they told us each and every one in our family had $10 vouchers. In the end we couldn't even spend $40 on food! Staff were really friendly and was a beautiful day to travel. We landed in Wellington 30 minutes early.
AircraftAirbus A320
RouteCoolangatta (Gold Coast) to Wellington

Review by (Germany)

We were checked in at flight GK109 from Tokyo to Sapporo. 15 minutes before boarding time we recognized some problems because Japanese passengers were discussing something with Jetstar airline staff heavily. No one spoke English but I understood the word 'canceled'. I asked for a manager to come, but they say we had to go to the check-in hall again for check-out. To make the story short no assistance, no information, no help was provided. I understand this is cheap airline but also the worst, try Air Asia which has excellent staff and organization for comparison.
RouteTokyo to Sapporo

Review by (Australia)

Business Class with a budget carrier, but you would hardly have noticed with the excellent customer service. Champagne before take-off with a follow up choice of drinks. The meal range was quite good and the food was barely recognisable as airline food. The seats were certainly comfortable enough. The only downsides I could think of was a lack of available movies to watch and there was no priority boarding. Other than these small issues, the flight was a credit to the airline.
RouteMelbourne to Bangkok