Jetblue Airways

"Worst airline to fly with"

Verified Review | Raleigh-Durham to Boston. I've been flying since August 18th since 4pm - they cancelled my flight the same day I was traveling, when I called they said yes ma'am this happens all the time. I understand this part, but your job is look for another flight way before I called! They made me fly from the Raleigh airport to Boston to get with the surprise that as soon as I got to Boston I found out that my connecting flight to NY got delayed and I won't make it to my final destination! So I go over there trying for them to find me a new flight so I could make it on time and there was none, she told me I had to stay overnight and catch the next flight the next day at 12pm. I did that, I went to my gate and I slept there. Then someone from the airport woke me up and told me I couldn't sleep there and I had to go outside. They cancelled my flight and are kicking me out. Worst airline to fly with to be honest!
RouteRaleigh-Durham to Boston
Date FlownAugust 2017

"never fly JetBlue again"

Verified Review | Boston to Baltimore. I bought a flight weeks ago for a 9:30 pm departure time. The flight was delayed initially by 25 minutes, then 1 hour, another hour and then another 40 minutes. The latest delay is a further 1 hour, 15 minutes. As I am sitting here writing this review, 6 hours after arriving to the airport for my original flight with no end in sight, and I seriously will never fly JetBlue again. I have taken some shady flights in my day (Spirit, RyanAir, etc) but all of them are preferable to experience I had tonight. Congratulations, in exactly one booking you have ruined the entire JetBlue brand and that's pretty impressive.
RouteBoston to Baltimore

"first and last time"

Verified Review | Worst experience ever. We were supposed to leave Fort Lauderdale to Nassau at 1 pm and Jetblue kept posponing the flight. They made us move from one gate to another one, then back to the initial one. Nobody had a straight answer. Am I gonna get back my vacation day? And my kids's one? First and last time.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Nassau

"absolutely awful experience"

Verified Review | Orlando to Newark. I booked with JetBlue because I thought it would make my flying experience so much smoother. But on multiple occasions they have made it an absolute nightmare. Upon flying to Costa Rica, my flight was scheduled to depart at 8 AM. They delayed it an hour at a time over seven times and then they completely cancelled the flight at 2PM. There were no other flights from JetBlue until the next day, meaning most of us lost money on hotels, shuttles, and time wasted. They did not give me a credit for the time lost, they just partially refunded me for the ticket since I was also coming back from Costa Rica flying JetBlue. I am now in Orlando, trying to get back home to New Jersey, and the same nightmare is happening again. They delayed it by an hour and a half. Now they've delayed it by another 45 minutes. They are notorious for great customer service if you can actually make it on the plane. I have never had such an absolutely awful experience, and this has happened to me twice within a two week period, at two separate airports. Do not ever book with them unless you want your time wasted and nothing from them as an apology. I paid over $800, several months in advance.
RouteOrlando to Newark

"don't fly JetBlue"

Verified Review | San Jose to Orlando. My flight, scheduled from 8AM, was first delayed until 9AM. Then 9 to 9:30. Then 9:30 to 10. Then 10 to 11. Then 11 to 12:30PM. Then 12:30 to 1. Then, after waiting several hours in the airport (since I got there two hours before you depart, 6AM), they cancelled the flight and said there were no more until the following day. I had a shuttle to catch in the morning and it cost $350 to reschedule the shuttle because I was traveling five hours away from the airport. If they had just cancelled it to begin with I could have booked with another airline to make it there on time. I ended up going to a completely different airport and flying with United, who bumped me to first class! I made it to Costa Rica on time because of them. JetBlue gave me more than a headache, it was an absolute disaster of a travel experience, a nightmare, and they offered no compensation other than a refund. They randomly booked me on another flight that I never asked for (I was booking with another airline who could get me there on time), and I had to spend over an hour on the phone with a JetBlue agent to reimburse me the money properly. I am now returning with JetBlue, and the delays have begun again. We are already an hour and forty minutes into the delay. Do yourself a favor and don't fly JetBlue.
RouteSan Jose to Orlando
Date FlownJuly 2017

"no customer service"

Verified Review | Wish I had seen these Jetblue reviews before booking. So many people have my exact experience - my connecting flight from San Juan to Orlando was cancelled on August 12th. They could not get my 3 family members on a flight until Tuesday the 15th. We settled for a flight to Ft Lauderdale on the 13th, paying to rent a car for the drive to the Orlando airport. This flight has now been delayed three times, and I am waiting for the cancellation. There is no customer service - they offer little to nothing to assist in getting you back to the city for which you purchased a ticket
RouteSt Thomas to Orlando via San Juan
Date FlownAugust 2017

"not allow me to use this credit"

Verified Review | Fort Lauderdale to Lima. Wifi didn't work and then the TVs broke on my entire row. We were issued a service credit of $15, however this is unable to be used on already booked flights (ie our return leg a month later). After discussing this with the service department I was transferred to a very rude and unhelpful surpervisor. She would not allow me to use this credit for my future flight ( as it was booked before the malfunction took place) as "that's not how it works". If I could cancel my upcoming flight for a full refund and book with another airline I would. Will never fly with them again because of their poor customer service and malfunctioning equipment.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Lima
Date FlownJuly 2017

"please think twice before booking"

Verified Review | On my way home from Cancun to Boston via Fort Lauderdale with Jetblue. Traveling with my whole family, we have spent from 10:30am traveling to a destination that's only 5 hours away. Arrival time now delayed to 2:30 in the morning. Traveled almost 24 hours. I will never fly Jetblue and I would never recomend to anyone. I am literally transferring my balance and canceling my Jetblue card asap. Anyone who sees this review please think twice before booking. It's now 7pm and our flight leaves at 11 and we get home at 2:30am worst traveling experience ever. Would recomend flying with another airline first.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteCancun to Boston via Fort Lauderdale

"Worst trip ever"

Verified Review | Richmond to Punta Cana via Fort Lauderdale/Boston. Just perused recent reviews and feel like my story was already told! Numerous times. Worst trip ever - coming and going! Left Richmond VA for Punta Cana, DR via Fort Lauderdale on Aug 3. #645/#173. 2.5 hour delay from FL because apparently, Jetblue neglected to assign a pilot to the flight! Called Jetblue from terminal, and was informed that I must have misunderstood gate employee as no one from Jetblue would ever make such an announcement re: the lack of a pilot! I explained to rep that we were meeting group from NY in DR to share hour transport to hotel that had already been paid for. Rep went on to explain they would need at least 5 days to evaluate who was at fault for the delay of a flight with no pilot assigned and to call back at that time to see if we would be compensated. Needless to say we had to pay another $70.00 for transport to hotel. Return trip: From Punta Cana, DR to Boston (#896) for lay over, then on to Richmond VA.(#1281). Left DR at 12:48 with 5:00 arrival time in Boston to catch a 6:50 connection to Richmond. When we were still in the air at 5:15, expressed concern to flight attendant that we would be unable to get through customs and traverse the entire airport in what was looking like less than an hour. We were assured we would have no problem. Landed and got off plane about 5:35, flew through terminal begging anyone who would listen, customs, Jetblue employees, TSA, etc. that we had a connecting flight. They couldn't care less. Even had Jetblue employee send us in the totally wrong direction dragging 3 suitcases which probably cost us at least 15 precious minutes. Thank God for the other passengers on TSA line who let us cut to front! My poor husband got through 1st and went flying to gate to beg that they await our arrival only to discover flight had already closed doors at 6:35! First we were told there was another flight to Richmond at 7:00. Then we were informed that was a mistake, the next was at 9:00 pm. Asked to speak with supervisor who was only interested in the specifics of our flight times, and then informed us that the problem was with whomever booked our flight as Jetblue always recommends at least 2 hours between connecting flights to avoid exactly what we just went through. When we informed him we had booked the entire trip through Jetblue Vacations, and shouldn't his airline know their own policy, he had nothing to say! In the middle of exchange, another employee came over, whispered in his ear and and he took off-no explanation. After waiting 20 minutes because of course, the supervisor of an airline in the middle of hearing a complaint from one of their customers would return, we went looking for him! Found him behind a counter talking to another employee. Watched for about 5/10 minutes until he turned around and saw me. This guy had no intention of returning to finish our conversation! So-long story short, we got a $40 voucher for food which in airline-ese is 2 hamburgers - found out our luggage had somehow made the very flight we missed and got home to Richmond at midnight. Note: Flight crew on #381 were fabulous, as was unknown employee at Logan check in counter who somehow got our liquor boxed and on flight after another Jetblue employee gave us the totally wrong info on how to transport!
RouteRichmond to Punta Cana
Date FlownAugust 2017

"first day of our vacation ruined"

Verified Review | Jetblue flight from Providence to Orlando due to leave at 630p but delayed twice due to plane maintenance per service desk attendant. Plane is currently in Fort Lauderdale being serviced. We booked a direct flight because I have back problems and can't handle long layovers (need place to lay down). First day of our vacation (long overdue) ruined due to Jetblue. Wondering if we will be stuck here overnight and have to wait all day tomorrow too
RouteProvidence to Orlando