Jetblue Airways

"experience was excellent"

Verified Review | To start, I generally travel by plane for vacation at least 2 - 3 times a year. I've traveled all over the world and I have to say my experience on Jetblue was "excellent." Since JFK is 70 miles from my home, I generally would not have traveled to this airport to utilize this airline, but it was well worth the trip. (First time on Jetblue) Honestly, I didn't really appreciate paying $50 for arriving at the customer service desk for another flight for arriving 1 hour prior to departure, but it is what it is. On Tuesday, Oct 24, I flew non-stop from JFK to MBJ and the flight crew on Flight 479 was the best I have ever encountered. Staff were courteous, friendly, and top notch individuals. They were very personable and were generally concerned about the customers. The only other flight crew I encounter this nice was EVA Air last year when traveling from Taipei to Beijing. They fed me on an actual meal on a 3 hour flight. I would definitely travel this airline again! My traveling companion felt the same way. We have traveled on at least 15 vacations together.
RouteNew York JFK to Montego Bay
Date FlownOctober 2017

"actively avoiding this airline"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Austin. I will be actively avoiding this airline from now on. My gate and numerous other gates in the terminal (almost exclusively jetblue) were changed over and over again. My flight to Austin was delayed 4-5 times by the time we actually settled at a gate. These delays were 10, then 15, then 20, then 30 minute increments. The staff wasn't forthcoming and said we would be boarding sooner than what my text updates were relaying. There was no real communication of Why there was a delay or a realistic idea of how long the delay would actually be. My first time with this line will likely also be my last.
RouteNew York JFK to Austin

"Not worth the hassle"

Verified Review | I flew to Connecticut for a very short weekend with Jetblue Airways. My flights were both delayed without enough notice for me to not have to sit an additional hour or two at the airport. I since decided to use them again and booked my Christmas airfare months in advance to only find out that our flight has been changed, however we were not notified. My son happened to check. They say that if you contact them within a short amount of time you can change your flight with no change fee except you can't get ahold of them. Their system was down. How convenient. Not worth the hassle. I fly to CT all the time and I can go without WIFI for the three hours and stick to an airline I trust like Southwest!
RouteFort Lauderdale to Hartford, Connecticut
Date FlownJuly 2017

"I'm not impressed"

Verified Review | Flew Jetblue Airways from Orlando to Washington, D.C. Delayed 2 hours. Received many updates and changes every 30 minutes - always changing - delayed 30mins, delayed 1hour, delayed 2hours, on time, delayed 1.5hours, delayed 2hours, gate change. Power went out before even taxiing out. Had to wait without air for a minute when it was already hot onboard. It’s been a while since I’ve flown JetBlue. I'm not impressed and will make a conscious effort not to in the near future.
AircraftE190
RouteOrlando to Washington, D.C.
Date FlownNovember 2016

"Nickle and dime you to death"

Verified Review | San Francisco to New York JFK. Positives: comfortable seats, accommodating flight staff. Negatives: Long flights should require warm meal service, ticket was sold, indicated as having a meal included, instead had to pay over $10 for a terrible, unappetizing, low quality, small portion meal of grey soba noodles and dried out chicken, just awful. No nuts for protein, just salty starches for snacks. Only one pass through for drinks, soda, water etc the entire cross country flight. Worst things for flying: salt and little fluids. Nickle and dime you to death on JetBlue : have to pay for checked bag $25 , pay for blanket, headset for movies etc. Online check in; couldn’t pay for bags thus had to go through line at airport. Flight delayed two hours due to “JFK airport runway issues” . Not worth the dubious savings.
RouteSan Francisco to New York JFK
Date FlownOctober 2017

"worst flight I've been on"

Verified Review | Due to fly from Orlando to Los Angeles with Jetblue Airways. Been sitting here for an hour and a half waiting to for maintenance to check the plane. Barely gave us water and cookies while we wait. We're all just waiting to see what happens. Can't get off the plane. We're all stuck. On top of that, my TV doesn't work. They keep saying they'll reset the TV's but they haven't yet. This truly is the worst flight I've been on. I'll let you know when we leave.
RouteOrlando to Los Angeles
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Spacious, comfortable and private"

(Austria)

Verified Review | New York to San Francisco in Mint Class. Quick and easy check in at New York JFK, on time boarding and departure. The 'mini suite' seats in Mint class are fantastic. Spacious, comfortable and private. Great entertainment options, free fast wifi, decent food and very good drinks. Excellent cabin crew, friendly and attentive. Flight arrived on time. Sadly my luggage didn't make it, but the ground staff were very helpful and sympathetic. In the end I had to travel to the airport the next day to pick up my bag, which put a damper on an otherwise excellent and great value flight. If my bag had arrived on time i would give them 10/10
RouteNew York to San Francisco
Date FlownOctober 2017

"used to be decent, not any more"

Verified Review | San Francisco to New York JFK. JetBlue used to be decent, but not any more! Cannot even sit 2 passengers next to each other except on the very last row? Then they claim imaginary JFK airport repairs are causing them to delay a flight by almost 3 hours without sending a prior email to inform us. So we had to wait for 3 extra hours in the airport after checking through security because even though the flight was obviously delayed they still want you at the gate at the original boarding time - how non sensical is this? Any decent airline would inform their customers in advance of a delay but this is too much to ask of JetBlue. Never again.
RouteSan Francisco to New York JFK
Date FlownOctober 2017

"first and last experience "

Verified Review | This is my first and last experience with JetBlue. Today, October 6, 2017, my two sisters and I were booked on a direct flight from Washington to Charleston set to depart at 7:00 am. We arrived at DCA timely as well as checked out bags timely. We stopped to get coffee next door to our gate (Gate 28) and proceeded to our gate more than 15 minutes prior to departure time only to see the gate had already closed and we were not allowed board our flight, yet our luggage is on the flight. There was not a courtesy page, no announcement of flight boarding, no final boarding announcement, nothing. We had to watch our flight take off in front of us. This is a huge inconvenience because this delays our trip by hours because we had to rebook on another flight which gets us to Charleston at 4:56 pm versus our original arrival of 8:40am. Poor customer service at its finest. I wish I would have read these reviews before booking with Jetblue as I see this is quite common. We couldn't even get Customer Service to comp us for the new flights we had to book even after they acknowledged their wrong doing. Never again.
RouteWashington to Charleston
Date FlownOctober 2017

"hands down the worst experience"

Verified Review | Raleigh/Durham to Bridgetown via New York JFK. Have had - hands down the worst experience with jetblue ever. First my flight (flight 1186) was delayed 2 hours and my connecting flight ended up leaving as my flight was getting to the gate at 11pm. Jetblue was unable to reroute me until the next morning at 8am. They didn't comp me a hotel room and they refused to comp me anything else whatsoever. Ended up getting a cot, but not sleeping much. Was woken up at 4.30am by a man telling me he was taking my cot. Are you serious? Tried asking for the man's name who flagged down an English speaking employee who called his superior and stated that was the norm, yet provided no sympathy or other assistance. In tears, I went to the justask desk and asked if they could do anything whatsoever. Nope! Not even a "lunchbox". I didn't think customer service this bad was possible. Not upset that they couldn't do anything in regards to my flights, it's just that not one person said sorry or even tried to make the situation better.
RouteRaleigh/Durham to Bridgetown via New York JFK