Jetblue Airways

"I'm not impressed"

Verified Review | Flew Jetblue Airways from Orlando to Washington, D.C. Delayed 2 hours. Received many updates and changes every 30 minutes - always changing - delayed 30mins, delayed 1hour, delayed 2hours, on time, delayed 1.5hours, delayed 2hours, gate change. Power went out before even taxiing out. Had to wait without air for a minute when it was already hot onboard. It’s been a while since I’ve flown JetBlue. I'm not impressed and will make a conscious effort not to in the near future.
AircraftE190
RouteOrlando to Washington, D.C.
Date FlownNovember 2016

"Nickle and dime you to death"

Verified Review | San Francisco to New York JFK. Positives: comfortable seats, accommodating flight staff. Negatives: Long flights should require warm meal service, ticket was sold, indicated as having a meal included, instead had to pay over $10 for a terrible, unappetizing, low quality, small portion meal of grey soba noodles and dried out chicken, just awful. No nuts for protein, just salty starches for snacks. Only one pass through for drinks, soda, water etc the entire cross country flight. Worst things for flying: salt and little fluids. Nickle and dime you to death on JetBlue : have to pay for checked bag $25 , pay for blanket, headset for movies etc. Online check in; couldn’t pay for bags thus had to go through line at airport. Flight delayed two hours due to “JFK airport runway issues” . Not worth the dubious savings.
RouteSan Francisco to New York JFK
Date FlownOctober 2017

"worst flight I've been on"

Verified Review | Due to fly from Orlando to Los Angeles with Jetblue Airways. Been sitting here for an hour and a half waiting to for maintenance to check the plane. Barely gave us water and cookies while we wait. We're all just waiting to see what happens. Can't get off the plane. We're all stuck. On top of that, my TV doesn't work. They keep saying they'll reset the TV's but they haven't yet. This truly is the worst flight I've been on. I'll let you know when we leave.
RouteOrlando to Los Angeles
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Spacious, comfortable and private"

(Austria)

Verified Review | New York to San Francisco in Mint Class. Quick and easy check in at New York JFK, on time boarding and departure. The 'mini suite' seats in Mint class are fantastic. Spacious, comfortable and private. Great entertainment options, free fast wifi, decent food and very good drinks. Excellent cabin crew, friendly and attentive. Flight arrived on time. Sadly my luggage didn't make it, but the ground staff were very helpful and sympathetic. In the end I had to travel to the airport the next day to pick up my bag, which put a damper on an otherwise excellent and great value flight. If my bag had arrived on time i would give them 10/10
RouteNew York to San Francisco
Date FlownOctober 2017

"used to be decent, not any more"

Verified Review | San Francisco to New York JFK. JetBlue used to be decent, but not any more! Cannot even sit 2 passengers next to each other except on the very last row? Then they claim imaginary JFK airport repairs are causing them to delay a flight by almost 3 hours without sending a prior email to inform us. So we had to wait for 3 extra hours in the airport after checking through security because even though the flight was obviously delayed they still want you at the gate at the original boarding time - how non sensical is this? Any decent airline would inform their customers in advance of a delay but this is too much to ask of JetBlue. Never again.
RouteSan Francisco to New York JFK
Date FlownOctober 2017

"first and last experience "

Verified Review | This is my first and last experience with JetBlue. Today, October 6, 2017, my two sisters and I were booked on a direct flight from Washington to Charleston set to depart at 7:00 am. We arrived at DCA timely as well as checked out bags timely. We stopped to get coffee next door to our gate (Gate 28) and proceeded to our gate more than 15 minutes prior to departure time only to see the gate had already closed and we were not allowed board our flight, yet our luggage is on the flight. There was not a courtesy page, no announcement of flight boarding, no final boarding announcement, nothing. We had to watch our flight take off in front of us. This is a huge inconvenience because this delays our trip by hours because we had to rebook on another flight which gets us to Charleston at 4:56 pm versus our original arrival of 8:40am. Poor customer service at its finest. I wish I would have read these reviews before booking with Jetblue as I see this is quite common. We couldn't even get Customer Service to comp us for the new flights we had to book even after they acknowledged their wrong doing. Never again.
RouteWashington to Charleston
Date FlownOctober 2017

"hands down the worst experience"

Verified Review | Raleigh/Durham to Bridgetown via New York JFK. Have had - hands down the worst experience with jetblue ever. First my flight (flight 1186) was delayed 2 hours and my connecting flight ended up leaving as my flight was getting to the gate at 11pm. Jetblue was unable to reroute me until the next morning at 8am. They didn't comp me a hotel room and they refused to comp me anything else whatsoever. Ended up getting a cot, but not sleeping much. Was woken up at 4.30am by a man telling me he was taking my cot. Are you serious? Tried asking for the man's name who flagged down an English speaking employee who called his superior and stated that was the norm, yet provided no sympathy or other assistance. In tears, I went to the justask desk and asked if they could do anything whatsoever. Nope! Not even a "lunchbox". I didn't think customer service this bad was possible. Not upset that they couldn't do anything in regards to my flights, it's just that not one person said sorry or even tried to make the situation better.
RouteRaleigh/Durham to Bridgetown via New York JFK
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"flight was delayed multiple times"

Verified Review | New York to Montego Bay return. I have been a loyal Expedia & Jetblue Customer and I will never book another trip via either one of these sites again. My husband and I had booked a trip to go to Montego Bay, Jamaica for our honeymoon, our flight was delayed multiple times without reasoning. Staff members refused to elaborate the cause very cold and unprofessional. Upon calling JetBlue customer service the representative failed to give any reasoning and was very unapologetic. To make matters even worse we had the same experience returning to JFK. I recently canceled a trip booked via Expedia due to a medical occurrence and Jetblue nor Expedia are willing to refund my money, even considering the fact I purchased travel insurance (in the event something beyond my control was to happen, resulting in not being able to travel). After playing unnecessary phone-tag and speaking to many rude, unsympathetic representatives along with their supervisors to no avail no one is willing to assist me. It is absolutely appalling and mostly disturbing to see such a lack of compassion that has failed to be given.
RouteNew York to Montego Bay
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"one of the worst airlines I've flown"

Verified Review | New York to Los Angeles. JetBlue is one of the worst airlines I've flown on. I arrived for an 1130 flight at 11:16 AM because TSA took half an hour to check a single bag. When I arrived at the gate and asked to go on the person there told me that they would need to find out if I could still get on the plane. She disappeared and came back once the flight already left. The flight ended up leaving 10 minutes early and they couldn't wait a single minute to let me on it. I went to complain and the supposed "customer service representative" didn't care. She wouldn't even look at me when I was talking. When I was finished she tried to argue with me until her coworker said "It's not worth arguing with him." Once I did get on a later flight, I was not surprised to find that they nickel and dime you for everything (they even charge you for headphones), seats are uncomfortable and there is no space between them.
RouteNew York to Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Overall a great experience"

Verified Review | This is my first experience with Jetblue and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. Me and my family flew from New York to San Diego and then back a week later. Everything from check in to boarding was smooth and on time. We enjoyed the pleasant staff, the extra leg room, the unlimited snacks and soft drinks, also had alcoholic beverages both ways and never got charged for any. We enjoyed the Direct TV on each seat and the endless list of movies. We checked in a car seat for our son on way abck and we received it wrapped at JFK at no charge. The flight attendant on the return flight remembered us from the inbound flight a week prior, which I thought was pretty cool. Overall a great experience! The only downside for me was the comfort of the seats, I found them a little uncomfortable.
RouteNew York to San Diego