Jetblue Airways

"the entertainment system is supreme"

Review by (United Kingdom)

I was positively surprised by the quality of Jetblue Airways on my flight from Long Beach to Anchorage. Both seat reservatations and luggage were complimentary. Staff was very attentive and a good selection of food and drinks were offered. Compared to other US airlines, the entertainment system is supreme - live TV and a variety of movies can be watched. On top of that, the WiFi was working properly throughout the whole flight.
RouteLGB to ANC

Review by (United States)

So everything was fine for our 11:00pm Jetblue Airways departure to Fort Lauderdale. The inbound plane arrived a little late and we saw the ground crew (who was also the ticket counter crew) scurrying around. At 11:00 p.m. one of the staff announced something (in Spanish) and you could hear some people groan. Fortunately there was a bi-lingual person near us who said, "They just cancelled the flight." With that Jetblue announced the flight was cancelled (at 11:30 pm) and all passengers on our flight were to proceed to Gate XYZ, so we did. Once there the non-English speaking staff asked for our passports and wisked them away. An hour later they were returned to us (haphazardly) and we were told to stand in line for buses (no explanation given) but found out we were to be taken to Baggage Claim to get our luggage. We did and got our bags. Then we lined up again (not knowing what for) to get on buses to take us to a hotel. It was now 2:00 am so we complied. We got to the hotel and waited in line again to get a room. We were told we would be taken to the airport at 1:30 to board our flight. After an awesome breakfast (not kidding) we were told we would be taken to the airport at 8:30. Then we got an email saying we were booked on the 11:00 pm flight. But leaving at 8:30 wouldn't be enough time. We called our travel agent, who advised us to just go to the airport and demand to leave. We did and Jetblue got us out. Came to find out the flight we were supposed to be on didn't leave until 6:30 the following morning! Jetblue gave us credits, etc but if they are going to introduce new destination they have to staff the counters with competent staff who can communicate effectively with the passengers. In the future we will never travel with Jetblue to a destination that is new to them. Just not worth the risk.
RouteLima to Newark via FLL
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (United States)

There is only one direct flight that works for traveling on Friday evenings and it's the 8.10pm flight out of Fort Lauderdale. I usually fly first class US Airways around 7.30pm, but because this is a direct flight and gets me home much earlier, I've been attempting to use it. Key word: attempting. I've had three weddings to attend in Pittsburgh the past two weekends, one now and two in the previous weeks, for the third week in a row, my flight is delayed. Not due to weather, not due to mechanics, "just because" the woman at the counter said. It's not delayed just by a little bit, we're talking hours. When I schedule a specific time to fly, I expect to fly on time and if something comes up where the flight won't be on time, I expect to be informed and to be given alternative options. Not once have I received an email, a phone call, a text or even an apology. Unfortunately, for the third week in a row, JetBlue has failed to value my business and my time. I will get the "lovely" privilege of spending just a little over 24 hours in my home state, miss my business meeting that was scheduled for tonight. Not worth my money and especially not worth my time.
RouteFLL to PIT

Review by (United States)

JetBlue continues to be our airline of choice when flying domestic. Check-in in Boston should have been a bit faster, but overall, this was an enjoyable experience. We opted for the "Even More Space" seats which offer 4-5 extra inches of legroom in rows 1-5 and 10-11. We also got priority boarding which is always nice. JetBlue's entertainment helped make the 6 1/2 hour flight seem like 1 hour. Their map is always helpful too. Due to the limited amount of flights JetBlue operates out of San Francisco, they only have 2 gates and they are both in the international terminal, so we had to walk pretty far to get to baggage claim. Once again, did not disappoint.
RouteBoston to San Francisco
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (United States)

I am mostly writing this review for the ground service and checking in our bags. Disclaimer however, we were traveling with firearms but even still, it took an absurd amount of time. We waited in line for about 30 minutes wondering what was taking so long but as soon as we got to the counter we figured out why, all the agents were in training with the supervisor skipping from one to the other. We had to first check our firearms and it was clear that the attendent didn't know the slightest about the procedure as he asked the manager after every time he clicked the screen. I had been through the process before I had it prepped but I still had to open and close the case multiple times. Then after deciding it was oversize, we were charged 135$ for the one bag just for being oversize and a second bag. Overall I would not fly Jetblue again, due to incompetent staff and ridiculous fees.
RouteBoston to San Diego

Review by (United States)

Friendly staff, comfortable, clean aircraft and great selection of complementary refreshments on board. One complaint is a small delay from JFK but other than that the Jetblue experience was pleasant.
RouteBOS to NAS via JFK

Review by (United States)

On-time, lots of leg room, choice of free snacks, free TV and movies (outside lower 48), efficient crew, fare cheapest on this sector. Only downside - ads against possible increase in taxes for airline passengers. Would fly again.
RouteSeattle to Anchorage

Review by (United Kingdom)

Mint seats are great. Attentive staff, excellent service, great seats, new planes, lovely food. What's not to like. Only issue is LAX airport is seriously grim and there didn't appear to be a lounge. Book and have a great flight.
RouteLas Vegas to JFK

Review by (United Kingdom)

We travelled from Orlando to New York JFK on JetBlue Airways and I would like to congratulate the crew and the airline. The crew were very kind to us and we felt that they gave us special attention which made our journey a very pleasant one. Thank you and we definitely will travel with you again and highly recommend you.
RouteMCO to JFK

Review by (United States)

Unable to handle problems, our flight was delayed, then cancelled. Staff not able to communicate clearly. Any problems and this airline falls apart. Had to wait until next day to fly out.
RouteNYC to Buffalo