Jetblue Airways

"Customer service skills are terrible"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to New York. What an unpleasant experience. I flew in on Thursday with economy plus more room seats. On the way back from San Francisco’s to NY, the plane was maybe 30% full and mostly empty. We kindly waited for everyone to board to see if the row in front of us which had a few extra inches of leg room would be vacant (I am 6’3 so those extra inches would make a big difference). When the plane doors closed and we were ready to roll, I kindly asked the flight attendant to let me move one row up considering it was empty, she immediately went on the most uncomfortable rant about extremely strict policies (which isn’t true I fly with JetBlue and virgin airlines only and always had very nice flight crews tell me absolutely no problem as long as no one sits here when the doors are shut, feel free) long story short the flight attendant was so adamant about not letting me move even though the plane was more than half empty and it was so unpleasant considering I love this airline along with virgin airline. I will no longer fly JetBlue for this reason and this is all about principle. Extremely uncomfortable situation to pretend like they can’t move you whatsoever. I will only fly virgin from now on. Customer service skills are terrible.
RouteSan Francisco to New York
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"wrong plane being assigned"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Baltimore Washington. This was my first time flying with JetBlue. I had read many reviews about delayed flights and other inefficiencies, but I wanted to experience it for myself. My two flights to CTG departed on time with no issues. While returning, my second flight was delayed by hours. The delay was due to the wrong plane being assigned. I explained to the associate my concerns because I would be missing my train and would either have to spend hundreds on a hotel or almost $80 on an Uber. The associate explained that nothing is in her control and that JetBlue would not be able to provide a voucher. Customer service was called and they stated the same thing. I ended having to get a hotel room for almost $200 and purchase another train ticket home. I was told that I could send receipts, but that if JetBlue decided to reimburse it would be with flight miles. I haven't been this disappointed in a company in a while, but I have learned my lesson. I will not be flying with them in the near future.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Baltimore Washington
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"They ended up having a delay"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Charleston. Very displeased. I spent 400+ on a one way, I only spent this much because I had to be at my destination early in the day. They ended up having a delay, so I arrive at my overlay later than I should, so I can't catch the original flight from JFK to CHS because I land three minutes after the flight leave. So now I have an overlay from 7am till almost 4pm. Use someone else. I paid $125 for a one way American Airlines and got much beter quality
RouteSeattle to Charleston

"exhausting and unacceptable"

Trip Verified | Flew West Palm Beach to Westchester County, New York. Stay away from Jetblue Airways. The delays on both ends of our flight due to mechanical problems were exhausting and unacceptable. Our 3.10 flight is not leaving until 9.00 pm. Apparently this is the usual for Jetblue. The planes are filthy, the flight crew rude, and the TV’s are broken. I will never fly on this airline again!
RouteWest Palm Beach to Westchester County, New York
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"the poorest customer service"

Booked a round trip with JetBlue to depart from RDU to FLL on January 6, 2018 and the flight was scheduled to depart at 7am. It was delayed 2 times then cancelled. We were set to start a cruise Sunday 7th and to make it on time had to book a one way with American Airlines because the quickest JetBlue could get us there was Monday which wouldn’t have worked. We kept the second leg of the JetBlue flight to come back to RDU and here we are today with a hour delay with the poorest customer service from the attendants at the desk I have ever witnessed. This is my first time flying with JetBlue and I can definitely say it will also be my last. Hope this review helps someone make a better decision on who to book with.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Raleigh Durham
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"threatened by the gate attendant"

Trip Verified | Ft Lauderdale to Nassau. I was threatened by the gate attendant to have TSA to remove me from flight for asking why he gave my seats away that I paid extra for, the man lost his mind when he was caught in a lie that he called us for passport verification, we were sitting at the gate for a hour prior to boarding and never was my name called out. After 5 minutes of him yelling at me for asking the question he said I better get on the plane now. After turning and going 30 ' down the ramp he came running after me still waiting to yell at me. There was nothing I could do but stand there in shock of what just happened. So I then turned and continued the rest of the way to the plane. After contacting jetblue I got no apology only offer to refund the up charge for the seats. Still no credit received over 30 days after I sent complaint.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Nassau
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"disappointed with the service"

Trip Verified | Santo Domingo to Newark. Very disappointed with the service provide by JetBlue. Everything started with the storm Grayson. My flight was on January 4th from Santo Domingo to JFK New York. That day they kept us all day updating the board with the delay flight sign to let us know at the end of the day that the flight was cancelled. I was supposed to stay in The Dominican Republic for 10 days but end up staying for 15 days. Calling my job everyday to keep them updated about the situation that I was going through. At the end I think they didn’t even believe me, because every day I have to explain my boss how Jetblue couldn’t find two seat to accommodate my boyfriend and I. I paid for those five days out of my pocket to stay in a hotel close by the airport because every flight the put my boyfriend and I were cancelled every day for those 5 DAY. My flight was supposed to be a non stop flight because I HATE to do Laid over, but guess what the only flight the had available was with a laid over in ft. Lauderdale. I ended up traveling January 8th at 4:00am from Santo Domingo to ft. Lauderdale. When I was in lauderdale had to wait till 7:00pm to get another plane to Newark not being Newark my flight destination. Because when I bought my flight it was from JFK to Santo Domingo “straight flight” and my returns was supposed to be Santo Domingo to JFK not Newark “straight flight too” I spent almost 24 hours to get a flight which last just 3:45hrs. And the funny thing when I got to ft. Lauderdale I went to one of the JetBlue representatives to asks him that please if there were an earlier flight available because I think is was ridiculous to wait 10 hours in an airport for another flight, but the guys told me in order for him to do that I had to pay 75 dollars for me and 75 dollars for my boyfriend because I was trying to change the reservation that they already gave me. Even thought I explain him that I had an nonstop flight, but because of the situation of the storm they didn’t give me any choice but to accept the laid over. I end up paying almost 2,000 dollars between the hotel, food and transportation from my hotel to the Santo Domingo airport and once I got to Newark I had to take a taxis to JFK parking lot because I left my car parked over there to avoid paying for taxi. But at the end I had to do everything I planes not to do.
RouteSanto Domingo to Newark
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"upset with the lack of knowledge"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Raleigh Durham. We received a text saying our flights have been delayed from 8:05pm to 2:10 then 2 hours later text we’re back on schedule. Get here and then told 2:30 am now another text 1:45 am. I paid a lot of money for this ticket and you’d think you would say “hey have dinner/snack/drink in us” something??? We have been moved from location at least 4 times now. Very upset with the lack of knowledge.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteFort Lauderdale to Raleigh Durham
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"waited on the plane for over 3hrs"

Trip Verified | Flew New York to Puerto Plata. We waited on the plane for over 3hrs waiting for a crew member. I’ve been a true blue member for over 13 years and I have never experienced this ever. I had a ceremony to attend and paid extra for my ticket to attend this event. I will not be using Jetblue for future travel. Unacceptable!
RouteNew York to Puerto Plata
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Thanks for the customer disservice"

Trip Verified | Booked to fly Jetblue Airways from Boston to Buffalo. When the flight was cancelled due to weather the manager refused to accomodate my serious disability. He wouldn’t accept (or even let me present) my medical document proving my disability and was all around disinterested in the fact that I have this disability. Apparently they cannot make accommodations for someone if a flight is cancelled due to weather even if they are legitimately disabled. I am severely disappointed and disturbed. Even after 2 hours on the phone with corporate they cannot do anything to accommodate my disability, because it was a weather cancellation. Apparently if it was cancelled another way they would have been able to. How is having a documented medical disability not an accepted extenuating circumstance? I am downright flabbergasted at the lack of empathy and customer service. All they can provide me with is a cot, of which I am larger than, without pillows or blankets. Without my suitable accommodations for the disability I will not be sleeping tonight. Thanks for the customer disservice!
RouteBoston to Buffalo