Jetblue Airways

"Long delays without notification"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Antigua. Long delays without notification nor explanation. Told to arrive 3 hours before departure then delayed over 2 hours. Flight attendants seemed very unhappy to be on board. After such inconvenience it would have been nice to receive a complimentary drink or at least a smile from their employees. Not a “Happy” airline.
RouteNew York JFK to Antigua

"had so much legroom"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Orlando. Very impressed. The seats had so much legroom and were very well padded. The flight attendants did a great job serving everybody drinks and snacks. Although on their A320s the IFE is not that good. They have direct TV but you had to order the movies (or something) and headphones were $5 but only with credit/debit.
AircraftAirbus A320
RouteNew York JFK to Orlando

"I am very disappointed"

Trip Verified | Detroit to Fort Lauderdale. I am very disappointed in my recent flying experience with Jet Blue. My boyfriend and I were traveling to Cancun for a getaway, on the way there we had a connecting flight to Fort Lauderdale with a layover time of 43 minutes. We were delayed as the plane needed to be deiced prior to takeoff, which set us back 25 minutes. Our flight was a smooth flight, landing in fort Lauderdale 22 minutes prior to us needing to get on our connecting. However, due to us arriving a bit later than scheduled time we had no gate to run into therefore waited on the runway for 20 minutes, causing us to miss our connecting. We were informed by the pilot that he got confirmation from the pilot that they would hold the doors. The crew allowed us to get off the plane first and race (and mean race) to our gate. Jetblue closed the doors 1 minute prior to us getting to our gate. We ran to the desk however the gentlemen informed us we were too late the doors have already been closed. I informed him the pilot was aware we were minutes late however he said that’s too bad once the doors are closed they are closed. The customer service received at the help desk was ridiculous. The attendant advised us there was nothing they could do other than put us on the next flight which was scheduled for the next day. I told them that was in 24 hours from now and they said we could sleep in the airport. We requested to speak to a manager as we were receiving little help or support. 1 hour later no manager arrived. I phoned JetBlue and advised them of our situation and in turn they offered us a free stay at a nearby hotel. Better than sleeping on a stiff airport chair. I am writing this review so customers/future customers flying with JetBlue can see the hassle my boyfriend and I went through. I am thankful we received a night however if a gate would have been opened we never would have had to spend 3 hours at the airport trying to make alternative arrangements and would have enjoyed the day/night paid for at the all inclusive resort. Not a good way to spend your anniversary! I would also like to add - if you are connecting to another flight using the same airline and you are Within minutes of reaching your gate, the pilots should communicate with each other. Not a good experience with Jet Blue!
RouteDetroit to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownApril 2018

"definitely be flying JetBlue again"

Trip Verified | Washington DC to Fort Lauderdale. JetBlue They made flying so simple and easy. Staff was super friendly. Flights were on time, seats comfy, plenty of leg room, and they were quick to load our baggage over to baggage claim. Wifi worked great on the plane, you could also watch tv which I really liked. I will definitely be flying JetBlue again.
RouteWashington DC to Fort Lauderdale

"a grade above Spirit"

Trip Verified | Very disappointed in how fast the quality has declined with JetBlue. As recent as two years ago I would have said it was the best airline in the US. Flew Detroit to Boston. After today, I’d have to put them a grade above Spirit. Inflight entertainment is primitive and outdated. Flight delays seem to be a regular occurrence. No USB ports to charge your devices. Looks like I’ll be sticking with Delta until JetBlue catches back up.
RouteDetroit to Boston
Date FlownApril 2018

"ground crew was unprofessional"

Trip Verified | After over an hour and a half unexplained delay on a flight from Newark to Tampa, we waited with absolutely no communication of any type for 30 minutes. It seems based on rumors in the plane that a passenger with a dog refused to put the dog in their carrier. I went up after 30 minutes asking for communication to the passengers and was ignored. The flight crew kept complaining about the passenger with the dog very unprofessionally and gossiping about other flights. Ground crew was particularly unprofessional.
RouteNewark to Tampa
Date FlownApril 2018

"do not care about your time"

Trip Verified | Charleston to Boston. We have been stuck at the airport now for 6 hours and still no true light in sight. Looking at the Jet Blue screen there are 6 delays. I wish there were more up to date on there delays. We checked before leaving for the airport everything said on time. Seems 20 minutes after dropping off the rental car we get the delay notice, 1 hour, getting updates but been here for six hours now. We could have stayed in the rental and enjoyed the days, instead we are sitting with about 600 customers. The delay is due to a breakdown with the plane. I asked at the other gates that were delayed and all stated there was a concern with the plane. I guess I have no choice as I am stuck here. Please stay away from airlines they do not care about your time or there delays as it not there time they are wasting. I have only flown JetBlue three times - 2 out of three were horrible.
RouteCharleston to Boston

"I’m extremely disappointed"

Trip Verified | JetBlue used to be good and on point but my last 3 experiences were completely unacceptable and I will never be flying with them again. First flight they delayed it 4 times; but it was a morning flight and I still got to my destination; dealt with it 2nd flight traveling to New York, canceled my flight 15 minutes before it was supposed to take off. Put me on a new flight which was delayed 3 times. Got to New York, lost my luggage, delivered it to me 2 days later, completely ruined. Third flight (current situation) convinced all friends to fly with them since I had a credit from the last experience. Flight to Vegas for best friends bachelorette. Had a limo waiting for us upon pick up that was paid for and bought tickets to a show as well. Flight delayed four times now. I called after the first time and the guy said it was due to weather, so I was understanding, you can’t control the weather - delayed the second time and the guy at the counter said it was due to the plane not leaving Havana Cuba yet. Delayed a 3rd time; getting pretty frustrated at this point and call again. They can only say sorry. Doesn’t help me. Then delayed a 4th time. It’s now not supposed to leave until 12:45AM. Our entire night is cancelled and ruined. I looked at the board and it looked like every Jetblue flight was delayed. I promise they used to be good; but they aren’t anymore. If you want to get to your destination on time, fly with Delta, American, or even Spirit I would say is better now. Less amenities but more reliable. I’m extremely disappointed.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Las Vegas
Date FlownApril 2018

"didn't meet my expectations"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Boston. Did not meet my expectations. JetBlue boards from the back of the plane, which really sucks because I had seat 3D. Boarding as quick and went okay. Legroom on the E190 is amazing, felt like Premium Economy on a legacy carrier. The IFE was outdated but worked amazing. Many channels and things to choose from.The wifi is free and worked very well. Now to the bad things. There was only 1 flight attendant and he wasn't the best. Service started late and it was done in an unprofessional manner. The website said there would be snackboxes on this flight but he did not have any which was disappointing. He acted uninterested in us and didn't really talk much or act happy. The pilots also did not make any announcements or keep us informed at all. Overall, it didn't meet my expectations but it was decent and I would probably still choose them again for a future flight.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RouteChicago to Boston

"job well done"

Trip Verified | Ft. Lauderdale to Boston. I would like to commend our flight attendant for her professionalism, politeness, and perseverance dealing with a man who sat in a “MORE SPACE” seat that was not assigned to him. She explained that he needed to either pay the extra charge for the seat or have to return to his seat. He gave her a very hard time but she was really a rock star with handling him and finally the man paid the extra charge. She treated him no differently than anyone else for the rest of the flight. A job well done.
RouteFt. Lauderdale to Boston