Jetblue Airways

"Overall a great experience"

Verified Review | This is my first experience with Jetblue and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. Me and my family flew from New York to San Diego and then back a week later. Everything from check in to boarding was smooth and on time. We enjoyed the pleasant staff, the extra leg room, the unlimited snacks and soft drinks, also had alcoholic beverages both ways and never got charged for any. We enjoyed the Direct TV on each seat and the endless list of movies. We checked in a car seat for our son on way abck and we received it wrapped at JFK at no charge. The flight attendant on the return flight remembered us from the inbound flight a week prior, which I thought was pretty cool. Overall a great experience! The only downside for me was the comfort of the seats, I found them a little uncomfortable.
RouteNew York to San Diego
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"feel like I was cheated"

Verified Review | Fort Lauderdale to Kingston. I took a trip on August 8th to Jamaica checked my bags - got to Jamaica my bag wasn't there, they told me my bag should be there by 5pm that afternoon and give a number to call and check I call no answer. However, I got my bag the next day with all my clothing wet and stains and I couldn't wear anything inside the suitcase. I had to pay for two seat so I can be seated with my 8 years old on the flight who is an minor when I did my son ticket I was that when I am doing my ticket all I have to do is give the customer services the confirmation from his ticket and they gone leave the seat next to him open which they did not and I had to pay for us to be seated together coming back home. I feel like I was cheated.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Kingston
Date FlownAugust 2017

"thank you to the amazing staff"

(Bahamas)

Verified Review | Ft. Lauderdale to Nassau. I normally find their staff to be pretty friendly and accommodating for the most part, but today was very special. Today we thought we'd try our luck and ask to switch to an earlier flight home and got to the airport about an hour before the next available flight and explained our situation to the attendant. No hesitation whatsoever. Things unfortunately got a little complicated when there was a glitch in their system, but staff remained patient and friendly and even called the gate to make sure it remained open for us. They didn't even charge for the ticket change. To top this off, when we arrived at the gate, the flight attendant who recognized us from our previous flight came up to say hello. He asked us what seats we had and after realizing we were way in the back, he immediately changed our seats to the "Even More Leg-Room" seats without us even asking for it. No charge either! He even invited us to board first. I appreciate these gestures that the JetBlue staff have done for me and my dad in this rather difficult time for us. This review is meant to be a sort of thank you to the amazing staff. I look forward to flying with JetBlue again, as always.
RouteFt. Lauderdale to Nassau

"communication is key"

(Antigua and Barbuda)

Verified Review | I understand that there were issues with the route because of the storms in the Caribbean and Florida. However we still landed in Fort Lauderdale and was told we will be there for 20 minutes to refuel and be catered to. That message came from the Captain when we landed. As I type this review, it's past an hour I'm sitting here on the aircraft with other annoyed passengers without a update from the Captain as to what is happening. JetBlue need to realize that communication is key and passengers need to know everything that is going on as long as it's in their interests. How can it be right to be sitting on a airplane without any knowledge of what's going on, time of next departure or even some kind words to comfort the passengers who would have already been at JFK from 7am to catch this flight? It's now 5:17pm and I'm basically being held onboard because I was told no one will be able to disembark. I would like to hear if this is standard procedure for airlines. This is my first flight with JetBlue and I don't think I will be booking another.
RouteNew York JFK to Antigua
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"managed to have a pleasant flight"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Las Vegas. Despite the flight leaving an hour late, I still managed to have a pleasant flight. Crew were great, and I was also surprised that there was complementary wifi onboard. Not many carriers that I've traveled on offer this amenity free! If I have an option to travel within the USA, I would choose JetBlue Airways.
RouteSan Francisco to Las Vegas

"case of airline apathy"

Verified Review | Orlando to New York JFK. On September 5 at 5:15 PM I booked a flight to be out of Florida before Hurricane Irma arrived. Jet Blue accepted my reservation and payment without hesitation. After all, this was days before the hurricane was due to arrive. 22 hours later, I received an automated message telling me that my "flight for today has been cancelled" and that I could change it on line or call and have it changes. First the flight was for tomorrow not today, so I was confused I went on line. Online, it did not show the flight cancelled. To be certain, I called the 1-800-Jet- Blue number. The very pleasant lady who answered the call told me she would look into it, but that she was actually in Orlando and no bad weather was anticipated for the day of my flight. Initially, she too saw that the flight was not cancelled. She put me on hold checked further and said that it now showed a weather cancellation. According to Weather.com, at the time of my flight, there would be light rain and winds of 3 mph. I asked if she could book me on the first available flight preceding my cancelled flight. She cheerfully offered to do just that. There was one 3 hours earlier, was that ok? Of course it was. only to find out that that flight was also cancelled due to weather. She checked other airports, no luck. And to make it more enjoyable it was being cancelled because of weather, it was my problem not theirs. And because they had waited another day after accepting my reservation, finding another flight was more than difficult. Another case of airline apathy.
RouteOrlando to New York JFK
Date FlownAugust 2017

"extremely unpleasant four hours"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Denver. Really bad experience today 9/6/2017 on flight 97 seat 25A. After sitting down it became clear the person next to be had incredibly bad breath, so bad that whenever I smelt it I literally wretched. Since the seatbelt sign was on I decided to wait before notifying the crew - big mistake. After about an hour after takeoff the seatbelt sign was still on so I pressed the call button and passed the crew member a note on my phone asking her if I could change seats. She said there were middle seats available and would let me know when she came back. She did come back - passed my seat many times including asking for drinks - but never mentioned the seat change request again, even though I was visibly unable to get good air and was basically crawling out of my seat. The seatbelt sign stayed on for the first 1.5 hours of the flight even though the air was calm and clear and we had long since flown out of the storms. Did the pilot forget to turn it off? After an hour everybody ignored it. The crew member never got back to me and I was unable to change seats even though I spotted at least two other seats available. That made for an extremely unpleasant four hours in the air and I will think twice before flying with JetBlue again in the future.
RouteNew York JFK to Denver
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"the worst airline experience"

Verified Review | Detroit to Fort Lauderdale. JetBlue is the worst airline experience I have ever had. Upon getting stuck in traffic due to a highway pile up. I still arrived at my boarding gate 11 minutes before the flight was scheduled to leave. As myself and another woman approach the ramp to board. They said you have to be here 20 minutes before your flight leaves to board! We watch the plane sit for another 10minutes then leave. I was rerouted to another flight hours later that flew into Boston. With hopes of making a connection flight to Ft Laurdale. Upon landing and running through Boston airport to reach a connection flight. I arrived 10 minutes before the flight was scheduled to leave and they once again allowed no boarding. Instead I am forced to wait 5 more hours on another flight. One of my vacation days is a total waste. This has been the worse flying experience of my life. This is my first and last time flying with JetBlue.
RouteDetroit to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Thank you for your kindness"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Syracuse. I have flown Jet Blue on and off since it first came into existence. Over the last 10 years my trips have primarily been to destinations that Jet Blue doesn't cover, but a flight to Syracuse took me back into their flight paths. I was very pleased on my outbound flight to find them just the same and more legroom than I get on international flights. But what made this trip better is that I needed a change in my (non-changeable) flight due to a family emergency and was pretty distraught on the phone. The person assisting me was professional and comforting and took care of getting me on the best flight to get me home, and made a hard trip far far easier. My typical flights are still outside the Jet Blue coverage areas, so I can't fly them as often as I would like after this experience: hoping this review makes up for that. Thank you for your kindness at a difficult time.
RouteNew York JFK to Syracuse
Date FlownAugust 2017

"crew members were pleasant throughout"

Verified Review | My first and probably last time flying Jetblue. Outbound from O'Hare to JFK, we left over 30 minutes late and yet made an on-time arrival. How was that even possible? Pad your flight schedules much? On the way home, we pulled back only a few minutes late but then pulled over and waited on the tarmac for an hour an half. Although we were told that there was weather in between New York and Chicago, passengers got on their phones and found that the weather radar was completely clear. No storms at all. Crew members just gave sheepish grins when told this information. We then had to return to the gate so that a new crew could take over. Passengers were allowed to deplane (with all of their things) and told that they could buy food and then reboard. After another hour or so, all of us (including those who had already boarded the plane twice) were forced off into the terminal with all of our stuff. Five hours after the original departure time, we finally reboarded (some passengers for the third time) and eventually took off. The entertainment system cut in and out the entire trip, going dark for ten minutes at a time. There were no apologies given for that problem or the delays, just a passing thank you "for your patience" before the final (re-re)boarding. The crew members were pleasant throughout the ordeal, but they work for a complete joke of an airline. If I were New York, I would force it to remove the "New York's Airline" advertising that is up around town-to avoid guilt by association.
RouteChicago to New York JFK