Jetblue Airways

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

Comically mismanaged operation. Problems began when the departure gate was mobbed- seems an earlier flight had 'technical problems', so it departed an hour late at my original gate. We were then redirected to an alternate gate, and waited. And waited. And waited. They now had us waiting on the plane with 'technical problems' and they basically had the other flight go out with our intended jet, and we were stuck. It took text message from my daughter thousands of miles away to inform me the flight was finally cancelled. Not one word from JetBlue staff at the boarding gate. Finally, 2 hours after scheduled departure, they announced baggage was at the carousel, and "being monitored by JetBlue associates" I went down to claim my bag - no JetBlue staff in sight. I quickly went to ticketing, got an apology and refund from the embarrassed support staff, and proceeded to Southwest, where I ended up having to pay +$500 more for their next direct flight with a confirmed seat. I understand this is a mechanical industry and there will be problems, but it's how an airline manages the problem that is a mark of their business integrity and customer focus. How a major airline doesn't keep a backup vessel on site is mind boggling to me, let alone the abject lack of communication to the paying customer.
AircraftAirbus 320
RouteHartford to Tampa

Review by (United States) 1st July 2015

It was the first time my children had flown, so I wanted it to be good. From the beginning, JetBlue kept me happy. I had TSA precheck when we arrived, and I didn't ask for it. When we boarded the plane, we boarded first because we had a small child. There was no extra charge for this. Our flight took off 20 min early so we arrived early. During the flight, we were quickly offered snacks and a drink. The attendant came around selling ear buds for $5 to use with the TV at each seat. Having your own TV made the flight enjoyable. At the end of the flight, deplaning was just as pleasant. The price was also better than anyone else, and there were no problems with my luggage. One more thing-my very picky husband who is 6'3" had plenty of legroom. We did not upgrade to even more space, but he still had plenty of legroom and was very comfortable in a normal seat!
AircraftE190
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteRDU to FLL

Review by (United States) 27th June 2015

It started out good with complimentary baggage check, drink, and a snack; however on the return flight things quickly changed to bad. Beware of cheap flights - you pay for what you get! Flight delayed an hour, then sat for 2 hours due to mechanical reasons. This company is not considerate of customers or handicap customers and worst they do not partner with domestic airlines - only international airlines therefore if you miss your flight you are out of luck until the next one. The best you are getting is a food voucher.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteRaleigh-Durham to Las Vegas

Review by (United States) 11th June 2015

On a flight back to Detroit Metro Airport from Boston Logan, May 28, 2015. First, while we waited to board the flight, the woman at counter announced: "We are having trouble locating our flight crew, sorry for the delay" (about 15 min. at this time). Another 10 min. goes by and she announces: "We know our crew is here somewhere because they flew in, we hope it is just a few more min." The third time she said "we have located our crew and it should only be about 10-15 more min. until boarding." We finally board the plane and we never hear from our captain until "prepare for landing." I have never been on a flight that I didn't hear from the captain before, during, and just before landing.
Route Metro Airport from Boston Logan

Review by (United States) 29th May 2015

Flight(s) from CHS to DCA and back. Not allowed to select seat assignment when checking in online evening before flights (unless paying for premium seats) poor attitude from airline staff at DCA when I expressed frustration. While speaking with an agent another interrupted the conversation offering his unsolicited opinion. Funny seated dead last group 3 in last available seat. Coincidence? Please note staff at CHS very kind.

Review by (United States) 29th May 2015

Review by (United States) 27th April 2015

Flew from SFO-JFK and return flight on JetBlue. Both flights left on time and we arrived at both destinations about 30 minutes early. The crew on the flight was attentive and very friendly. Both on the way to New York and back to SF they asked us about ourselves and our trip. The A321 they fly on trans con flights has a snack bar they open up after they come through with the first round of drinks. It's great being able to get up and get your own snacks without having to call a flight attendant. The entertainment was pretty standard they have live TV and movies you can purchase for $5. The flight crew were also informative. We had a pretty intense bout of turbulence but the captain continued to update passengers the whole time.

Review by (United States) 27th April 2015

Review by (United States) 23rd April 2015

The seat and legroom were excellent. On our flight to Puerto Rico from Chicago we felt the cabin crew were less than exceptional. Drinks came but the snack/food service was much later. They didn't pick up the refuse for a long time. We didn't sense that the crew enjoyed their jobs. The entertainment controls did not function on either of our seats. We were not able to take advantage of the entertainment. On the return leg of our trip the crew was marginally better. We purchased headphones but after about an hour my aisle seat controls stopped working. my wife's center seat controls never worked at all. We were happy with the overall flight otherwise. It was nice to be able to get more than a tiny bag of peanuts.

Review by (United States) 23rd April 2015