Jetblue Airways

"No work ethic whatsoever"

Trip Verified | Me and my family have been flying with Jetblue Airways every year for the past 15. Sometimes situations are beyond their control. Late staff, weather, lack of disclosure due to uncertainty, etc. Experienced it all. However, what really bothers me I forgot something on the plane on the flight from San Francisco to Boston, realized it as I exited the plane. Have told the staff right away, made a formal claim at the airport within half hour. I haven't retrieved the item yet. 3 weeks later. You leave anything behind and it's gone, no way another passenger would have found it in the deep pocket. They couldn't care less. Employees go first I guess. No work ethic whatsoever. Deeply disappointed.
RouteSan Francisco to Boston
Date FlownAugust 2018

"disgusted with this airline"

Trip Verified | Boston to Ft Lauderdale. I can't begin to express my anger and aggravation for JetBlue. First, the seats on the flight were horrible. My lower back was flaring up after the 3 hr flight from BOS to FLL. But the worst part of this all, they lost my luggage. I don't have the "normal" black or red luggage. No, this was a bright yellow duffel dry-bag. One would think that with today's technology of bar code scanning that they would have been able to locate my luggage immediately. Not only do they lose it, their poor customer service made the process much worse. After a week, they handed my case to a "specialist" and he basically did nothing. Couldn't even return my voicemails when I asked that he call me back. I'm disgusted with this airline.
RouteBoston to Ft Lauderdale

"really enjoyable experience"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Portland. I am flying with JetBlue for the first time and I didn't have high expectations for a domestic flight. I just wanted to give hat's off to JetBlue because it really exceeded my expectations. Very comfortable seats! Free wifi throughout the flight, free snacks and drinks. It was a really enjoyable experience.
RouteNew York JFK to Portland
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"the worst flying experience"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Boston. JetBlue was the worst flying experience. We were flying internationally and our return flight to RDU from JFK was cancelled unexpectedly by JetBlue with no notification. We rescheduled our flight immediately with Jetblue as we were boarding our international flight and would not have access to phones in order to ensure we were not abandoned at JFK. JetBlue then refused to reschedule our flight closer to our original book time. We also originally paid for a direct flight and we were placed on a layover flight away from our destination. They offered no compensation. Worst airline. Will never fly again. I am strongly encouraging all I know to choose any other airline available. Customer service was awful.
RouteNew York JFK to Boston
Date FlownSeptember 2018

above and beyond service"

Not Verified | On 8/19/18, My husband and I were checking in for our return flight from Las Vegas to Long Beach at the Jet Blue kiosk. I am six months pregnant and had a medical emergency which led to me bleeding all over the floor in front of a few staff members. The staff at JetBlue immediately took action to help the situation. They could tell that we were in shock and embarrassed. Not only did they get us a wheelchair and called for an ambulance but also called to have the mess cleaned up right away. The staff took our bags, stored them and had them delivered to the hospital. Also booked us on a flight when I was discharged from the hospital all free of charge! Upon our arrival to the gate we were met with flowers, a card signed by the staff and a teddy bear for the baby! This was so unexpected and we are truly touched by the kindness and generosity of the Jet Blue staff!! I wish I knew all of their names however we are so full of gratitude for the above and beyond customer service & care we were shown.
RouteLong Beach to Las Vegas
Date FlownAugust 2018

"my experience was horrible"

Not Verified | Newark to Orlando. To say that my experience with JetBlue was horrible would be an understatement. My flight to Orlando was scheduled to take off at 9:08pm Friday night. After sitting in the airport for over and hour with no information, we found out our flight would be delayed until 1:15am. This is where things went downhill fast. After a significant lack of communication from the staff, our flight was delayed and pushed back another four times making false promises that the flight was on its way. We had asked question after question with little to no response and less than helpful information. After waiting for almost 8 hours in the airport, seeing plane after plane from other airlines leave the airport, we are told that our plane is still in Baltimore (completely irreverent to its route) and would not be arrriving in Newark due to the pilot being “timed out”. They of course got our hopes up once more by telling us they would be getting a substitute plane and crew to take us to Orlando. After waiting ANOTHER hour. They cancelled the flight and left the entire waiting area in a panic. When searching for an alternate flight, not only were they few and far between, but JetBlue had serged all their prices for remaining flights and I paid almost $2,500 one way for four tickets with a layover in a Fort Meyers as my only option to get us to our vacation in enough time to actually enjoy it. JetBlue should be ashamed of these events and the way they conduct business. I will never fly this airline again.
RouteNewark to Orlando

"display of incompetence"

Trip Verified | Portland to New York. A horrific display of incompetence by one of the ground staff as they backed into the plane breaking their bumper of the towing vehicle and delayed our flight that put it behind a long list of other delayed flights. I am typing this, having been delayed for several hours as we sit on the tarmac. The staff is rude and on edge. They don't want to answer any questions by the customers in the plane. The staff doesn't seem to know what they are doing and have made a mildly annoying experience into a truly terrible one. We will not be flying with Jet Blue ever again.
RoutePortland to New York

"I am disappointed"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Medellin. I am disappointed. This is the second time I flew with JetBlue in less than a month and both of them I had to change plans due to inconsistency on their times. I either missed the next flight connection or departure way too late to ruined plans. Jet Blue is economical but it gives me a sense that they overbook more than other airlines creating more stress on their passengers due to the lack availability.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Medellin
Date FlownAugust 2018

"First and last experience"

Trip Verified | New York to Jacksonville. First and last experience with this airline. Thinking back...I should have clued in to what might lay ahead with this airline since we departed JAX for JFK on another airline and I had noticed then that several of the JetBlue flights had been canceled that were leaving around the same time as ours and our Delta flight departed as scheduled. We had booked JetBlue for our return flight and had arrived on an international flight so had 7 hr layover. Another clue that I should have picked up on, the enormous customer service line located at the JetBlue gate area and the number of people that were crying. After waiting 5 hrs for our scheduled flight we were advised 2 hrs prior to departure that our flight was canceled. Waited in line 1.5 hrs for the agent to tell us they had no available flights for our family of 5 to to get out of New York until 3 days later - no compensation for accommodations - there were cots in baggage claim to sleep on and, in addition, this airline does not work with other airlines to look for other travel availability - only what is available in the JetBlue system. We are a family that travels frequently and realize there can always be issues with travel due to weather and other related issues; however, this airline has no alternative options to get you where you need to go in a reasonable timeframe other than what is in their airline inventory. We had an extra day to allow for issues which would normally be sufficient for any of the other airlines we have flown. We ended up Ubering to Philadelphia to rent a car and make a 17 hr drive to our destination all on our dime which cost about $300 more than the airline tickets for all 5 of us. Oh, but they did offer us a refund - how generous! No, we will not ever book with JetBlue again if the choice is ours and I will tell everyone I know about our experience to warn them about this airline. Bottom line, if it’s important for you to actually get to your destination as you booked it and you don’t have some major flexibility with your plans, this is not a bargain in the least.
RouteNew York to Jacksonville

"I am beyond disgusted"

Trip Verified | Cancun to New York. I am beyond disgusted with my experience with Jet Blue. Our flight on the way to Cancun was delayed due to “a flight attendant not making it on time” and our flight going back to JFK is delayed every 30 mins to another hour later. Our originally scheduled flight that was leaving at 12:30 became 1:30 then 2:10 then 3:10 then 3:44 and so on and so forth until we arrived at the 6:30 pm time. Instead of being honest about the delay from the very beginning, jetblue continued to send those emails leaving me at the airport for over 7-8 hours and my puppy at home alone without any secondary options. When I called for Help, it was not the service level you could’ve expected. I hung up the phone unsatisfied and even more disappointed than before. With every employee giving me a different answer such as “JFK has shut down all incoming and outgoing flights” - not true as there was another Jetblue flight that came in to “the flight is in the air and will arrive soon”- also not true as the flight hasn’t even left off yet. We have waited 8 hours so far and are expected to wait another 6-7 hours. Jetblue just continuously lie and lie and lie. JThey care about money more than service, that shows you the level of commitment that Jetblue has.
RouteCancun to New York