Top 100 Airlines

Jetblue Airways

"third-tier super-economy"

Jacksonville to New York JFK return with Jetblue. Our recent trip felt like a third-tier super-economy experience rather than the "good value plus human-touch" approach they used to stand for. Both flights of our round-trip were delayed by hours, and although they provided some snacks and vouchers outbound (Jacksonville), the return experience at JFK was abysmal. We wandered to a counter which was closed, despite the "open" sign, and were actually berated by the agent, who offered no help guiding us to the open desks. Unbelievable. And when we finally checked in the staff made no eye contact, no thank you, no you're welcome - the experience couldn't have been colder. Same on our flight, where you now have to fork over five bucks for every blanket, pillow, bag of pretzels or earphones to a robotic flight attendant who clearly just wants to get home like the rest of us. So much for the "human" airline.
RouteJAX to JFK
Date FlownApril 2016

"not know what customer service means"

Verified Review | JetBlue does not know what customer service means and this was my first and last flight on this airline. On this flight, I was checking in my luggage and I waited for 10 minutes at the drop-your-bag line. I had already checked-in online but I did not have a printed boarding pass. When I arrived at the counter a rude attendant (supervisor) told me I was in the wrong line. He rudely told me that I had to go the end of the main check in line even though I had already checked-in online. I explained to him that I had already waited 10 minutes and pleaded to accommodate me at the drop-your-bag line but he told me it didn't matter and he directed me to go the end of the main line. I refused to go and I asked to speak to the manager. The manager arrived and also rudely told me to do the same thing: to go to the end of the main line. I travel on business regularly and have not been treated by such rude attendants as JetBlue. I was concerned I would miss my flight but the attendants just flippantly said that if I miss the flight I would have to get on a later flight. Fortunately, I purchased the TSA pre-check which expedited my pass through the security gate. I'm very disappointed with this experience and will never fly JetBlue ever again.
RouteLAX to FLL
Date FlownApril 2016

"cheap fares really nice service"

My flight from Albuquerque to New York JFK was delayed due to weather issues but I didn't mind as safety is first - ground services were nice. I was ✅ Verified Review | surprised with the legroom space that was awesome. Flight crew were nice, helpful and polite. Snacks were okay, nothing special. I have to mention cheap fares and really nice service. I was happy with trip.
RouteABQ to JFK
Date FlownMarch 2016

"one of the worst experiences"

Verified Review | Washington Dulles to New York JFK with Jetblue. This was probably one of the worst experiences I had in over 20 years of regular flying. From the beginning till the very end. We experienced a delay due to weather conditions. However, the ground staff was not helpful at all. A lot of us had connecting flights, and we asked that they contact the airlines we were flying with to check the status. They refused. We asked that they give us the telephone numbers of the airline so that we, the passengers, can contact them. They refused. And as the wifi was not working in the terminal, it was difficult to get the numbers. We got it, despite the refusal of the JetBlue staff. We asked to be rerouted to other airlines who were taking off. They refused. We had over 6 hours delay, and as they refused to contact the connecting international airlines, we missed (9 of us) the connection by few minutes. And then, the real nightmare started. In JFK, they were incapable of locating our luggage. It took them hours to tell us that finally, they can't locate it and we need to come back the next day. As there were no seats available on my connecting flight for few days, I needed to get my luggage. And when we were trying to rebook, the people standing at the counters would not take us, as 'they had to be free for first class passengers, in case they came, so they could not serve us'. For a low cost airline, this sounds like a joke. The result was a long queue before one of the counter, and at the other, the woman starring and not accepting any passenger. After 6:30 hours delay and additional 3 hours of trying to figure out what to do, this was a particularly bad experience. The next day, they were incapable of saying where the luggage is. I lost the whole day until I finally got my luggage. I heard all type of excuses: as my luggage was initially checked through to the final destination, it was difficult to locate it (do they know how t use bar codes?), or it was not clear where the luggage was, etc. I finally got my luggage thanks to the assistance from the other airline, who tried to help, as JetBlue was incapable. But they clearly said that this was a JetBlue problem. I also asked JetBlue to give me a confirmation about the delay, so that my insurance can assist me. They refused. They said that my insurance (from Europe) had to call the 0800 number to get a confirmation. But they are not providing a confirmation. I spoke to not less than 4 different people, including the one claiming to be the supervisor, they refused. Throughout the whole nightmare, the one thing that they kept saying consistently was 'I cannot', 'I don't know', 'It is not JetBlue's problem', 'it is not possible'. There was no customer service, no desire to help, no desire to find a solution whatsoever, from pretty much everybody working at this company. The result of all this is: I will never ever fly with JetBlue. They are the worst airline I've used, and the one flight with them will be the very last.
RouteIAD to JFK
Date FlownApril 2016

"I couldn't be more uncomfortable"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Boston with Jetblue. Broken seat back; cushion hard as a rock - I couldn't be more uncomfortable! Stewardess seems to find my discomfort amusing. Two hour delay taking off because JetBlue doesn't know how to allot for luggage weight. I will never voluntarily fly them again, no matter how much more I have to pay to avoid them.
RouteLAS to BOS
Date FlownApril 2016

"have to rebook it myself"

Verified Review | On the evening of April 3, I received a notification from JetBlue that the next day's 8.40am flight out of Boston’s Logan Airport had been canceled, 12+ hours in advance. This was perplexing, as I happened to be leaving Boston at the same time as friends flying different airlines — none of their flights were canceled. When I called customer service, I was told that the cancellation was due to weather, and that 'all the other airlines would be canceling their flights in the morning' as well. I was initially told that my only option was to take the next JetBlue flight out of Boston at approx. 1.30pm. I was then told that flight was full, my remaining option was to take a Wednesday flight, staying two additional nights in Boston at my own expense. I asked to be rebooked on another airline, and was told I would have to rebook it myself. I was offered a refund, which the representative later clarified would be only a half refund. I rebooked with American for a flight leaving at 8.00am, a mere 40 minutes ahead of my original JetBlue flight. Surprise, surprise, it left perfectly on time. Unfortunately, my new one-way ticket cost more than my original roundtrip with JetBlue. In situations such as this, JetBlue is unable to provide a comparable level of service as other airlines. They have a practice of preemptively canceling flights, especially those flights which are not full in an effort to control *potential* delays in other parts of the country. If I hadn’t had access to internet in order to rebook immediately, I would likely still be in Boston. It I hadn’t had the available funds to rebook at my own expense, I would still be in Boston without any place to stay. I must add however, that since returning home Jetblue has offered to reimburse me for the entirety of the rebooked ticket.
RouteBOS to RDU
Date FlownApril 2016

"all about customer service"

West Palm Beach to Newark. When I realized that I left my laptop on the plane I was already shopping for a new one. Low and behold it was delivered to lost and found in baggage claim. God bless the person cleaning the plane that returned it. Other reasons I will always fly JetBlue, they are friendly at the airport and on the plane. Free wifi and they even make sure that you are able to access -so nice to the kids. Free drinks and snacks, and if your -kid needs two bags of chips, no problem. Upgrades when they can. I had told the woman at the ticket counter that me and my kids were in the last row going to Florida. She took my tickets and told me to check back in an hour with her. When I came back she remembered my name and had already printed the new tickets for Seat 1A 1B and 1C. Need I say more. Jetblue is all about customer service.
RoutePBI to EWR
Date FlownApril 2016

"how the mighty have fallen"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Seattle, and how the mighty have fallen. JetBlue used to me my airline of choice. The planes were clean, the service was great;, the food/snacks were good. On transcontinental. flights there was a good film selection. There was an air of humor and intelligence to the way the material for passengers was written. The plane I and my husband just flew on was dingy. The staff was trying hard, but they seemed to be struggling with their own problems. The food was terrible; no complimentary food for premium economy. And the film selection was dreadful. Really, the tedium of a long flight demands distraction. What a miserable experience. We will not use JetBlue again unless there is absolutely no other option and the trip is necessary.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteJFK to SEA
Date FlownMarch 2016

"will never fly JetBlue again"

JetBlue Airways is the worst company in the airline industry. My flight to Long Beach was cancelled early this morning, no explanation given. My option for a replacement flight is in 2 days - a 3:00am flight into a different airport an hour away from my original destination. In order to salvage my family's spring break vacation (my children's Easter gift) in Long Beach, I offered to drive the 12-15 hours today from Salt Lake to Long Beach if they could comp or reduce my original return flight home in order to help cover the costs of a rental car and drop fee I'd have to pay, not to mention we would lose a day of our our vacation by driving. No dice! They offered no solutions to essentially killing my family's vacation. They were unreasonable in helping me to rectify the problem and unsympathetic to non-refundable hotel costs their screw-up has cost me. I have never experienced worse customer service than I did today from JetBlue. I will never book a flight with them again. I am beyond disappointed and aggravated with such unprofessional and ineffective customer service. I will never fly JetBlue again and regret booking my vacation flights with them.
RouteSLC to LGB

"excellent customer service"

I recently flew standby on JetBlue from Fort Myers, Florida to Boston, then from Boston to Chicago. I was originally going to fly to New York and then to Chicago, but when I arrived at the airport my chances of making it to New York on standby were slim. Jetblue realised this problem, and put me on the earlier flight to Boston instead, which had more seats. The flight to Chicago from Boston was 30 minutes after we arrived, so they placed me in the first row so I would not have any troubles or delays getting off the plane to make it to my next flight. The Jetblue staff was extremely understanding, compassionate, and an overall great employee! Thank you JetBlue for your excellent customer service and always going the extra mile!
Cabin FlownFirst Class