Best Cabin Crew

Jet2.com

"not seating people together"

My main gripe with Jet2 is the rather underhand way of not seating people together when checking in online. Monarch, Ryanair and Easyjet all manage to do it. Flew Leeds to Larnaca last year (and walked for 20 minutes in the driving rain to get to the plane), booked in 26 days in advance, not sat together on the way out or on the way back - but amazingly just a couple of hours before departure when checking in my partners luggage were told we could be seated together for a fee. So they couldn't manage it 26 days prior but 2 hours prior its suddenly possible? Very poor customer service and the main reason I'd book Ryanair any day above Jet2 (and 9 times out of 10 they're cheaper). Myself and 6 friends flew to Lisbon and again myself and 2 friends flew to Madrid last year, all with Ryanair, checked in 7 days in advance and all sat together on both legs. This year myself and my partner are flying with Jet2 back from Lanzarote in Feb, checked in 28 days in advance. You've guessed it, not sat together.
RouteLBA to LCA
Date FlownOctober 2015

"decent prices, pleasant crew"

Convenient flight times, decent prices, pleasant crew, and realistic 22kg baggage allowance (paid for naturally). Manchester to Las Palmas with an on-time departure, and pleasant and professional crew. The seats aren't the most comfortable, but for 4 hours it was bearable. You can pre-order food, which is more appetising than the less than imaginative onboard menu, but we didn't bother. Early arrival into LPA and bags quickly delivered. Return started off well - quick check in and rapidly through security. Aircraft had arrived on time, but became apparent there would be a delay. Technical delay announced at gate, and flight pushed back 45 minutes. We headed back down the terminal to have a drink, but noted about 10 minutes later that the flight was not only now boarding, but also departing from a different gate. No airport announcement and therefore, understandably, an insignificant delay turned into an hour as multiple missing passengers had to be located. Surely would have been more efficient to announce 2 significant flight alterations via the PA? The return flight was smooth with equally delightful crew. 45 minutes late into Manchester, where Terminal 1 really is a dump. Freezing cold, prefabricated corridors and poor signage. Enormous queue for immigration (took 30 minutes) despite introduction of e-gates. Once through, archaic baggage system would only deliver a bag onto the belt when there was a large space to spit out a bag. No mean feat when 75% of the flights passengers were still stuck in immigration. Baggage delivery took almost 90 minutes. Overall, the is airline let down by awful facilities at Manchester Airport.
RouteLPA to MAN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"totally unscrupulous"

I have booked Jet2.com flights for next June but they have twice changed the times from an original return flight at 13.35 to 21.00. This is not convenient for me and I asked for a refund but been refused as they argue it has to be more than 5 hours - I have argued that this is 7 hours 25 minutes, but because they have changed it twice, firstly to 16.35, then to 21.00 they argue the change is less than 5 hours. So in fact all they have to do is change times in increments and then keep your money if you have to cancel. Totally unscrupulous.
RouteManchester to Zante
Date FlownJuly 2015

"with a cheap fare "

Jet2 from Paphos to East Midlands with a cheap fare including your luggage. Boarding was quick, polite ground staff at Paphos Airport. The cabin was nice, the seats could be more convenient. Food and drinks provided onboard from a friendly crew.
RoutePaphos to East Midlands
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"size of hand luggage allowed"

Most things with Jet2 are fine; plenty of leg room and 22k luggage allowance. The only thing I have to complain about is the size of hand luggage allowed in the cabins and that people are allowed to take so called hand luggage that are actually small suitcases. This means that people like us who take smaller items have to put them under the seat in front and also there is difficulty storing coats in the over head luggage spaces. We had sweat jackets and padded jackets to find room for. I have long legs and I need to stretch them out under the seat in front occasionally otherwise I get uncomfortable. Why isn't the 10k hand luggage allowance enforced?
RouteEast Midlands to Malaga
Date FlownNovember 2015

"recommend and will use again"

East Midlands to Budapest and excellent service both ways. Have used Ryanair, Thomas Cook and easyjet this year and the Jet2.com seats are almost as good as extra leg room seat from these other airlines. Cheery staff, decent service throughout. Would recommend and will use again.
RouteEMA to BUD
Date FlownNovember 2015

"crew were happy and helpful"

I was very impressed with the flight and ground crew, check in was quick and easy, flight crew were happy and helpful. The seating was comfortable with plenty of space and I shall be traveling Jet2 in future. We were unable to fly back home with them as my husband had an accident and insurance company could not get us on a later flight.
RouteNewcastle to Gran Canaria
Date FlownOctober 2015

"one of the best budget airlines"

We have flown on short haul flights with Jet2 many times and found them to be one of the best budget airlines. I booked this flight to New York as it was so convenient not to have to go through London, Paris etc and fly directly. This certainly saved our travel time but flying long haul on a budget airline is not the best experience. We have only flown long haul previously with BA or Emirates; even vs economy seats on a scheduled flight the difference is huge. On Emirates in August we had screens in the back of the seat in front with a huge range of films, a pillow, a blanket, free food and drinks, reclining seats and a free baggage allowance which gave the added bonus of other passengers not trying to ram the maximum size and weight bags into the overheads so we were told we couldn't even put our coats up there. Not a flight experience I would like to repeat although will use them again to Europe.
RouteNewcastle to New York
Date FlownOctober 2015

"smiling all female cabin crew"

Flew Leeds to Antalya on 22nd October along with eight family members, easy check in and on time departure on LS 213. Excellent service on board by a smiling all female cabin crew, reading other reviews for this airline with lots of complaints about seat comfort, why? it is much better than Thomas Cooks A321 aircraft which are very cramped. Flight back on the 29th was just the same with on time departure and an early touch down at Leeds.
RouteLeeds to Antalya

"big thank you to crew"

We travelled Jet2.com from Leeds Bradford to Paris, it was ok, seats comfortable, staff pleasant but nothing to write home about. Coming home was totally different. The staff were chatty and very polite. We were sat near the front and my grandson could see into the cockpit. The cabin crew saw him and asked if he would like to go and have a look. For a plane mad 3 yr old he was over the moon although not sure who was most excited him or his dad. The crew were amazing with him. Even when we were getting ready for take off the captain was very funny while telling us about the flight. It was one of the best flights I have been on. I would like to say a big thank you to all the crew on that flight.
RouteLBA to CDG