Top 100 Airlines

Jet2.com

"checked in bags at hotel"

East Midlands to Alicante return. The mistake we made was not booking our seats, and we will do next time. Did the check in online, straight to bag drop desk, no waiting in large queue. The return journey was even better - we checked in the bags at hotel on morning of flight home, so no lugging cases to bus, through airport, waiting to be checked in. Just straight off bus into departure lounge.
RouteEMA to ALC
Date FlownApril 2016

"something surely is wrong"

Newcastle to Dalaman. I've pre-booked seats for my wife and I for outward and inward journeys. A young family nearby are split by my wife and I. I feel obliged to offer my seat, which I've paid for, so that they may sit together? Something surely is wrong! Same flight, my pre-booked meal arrived 5 minutes after take-off. I assume this is so the cabin crew can spend more time pushing meals, drinks, duty free to other passengers. My flight was somewhere near 5 hours! Why not offer a time nearer the destination?
RouteNCL to DLM
Date FlownNovember 2015

"crew were indifferent"

Glasgow to Tenerife return. Travelled Jet2.com out to Tenerife on 15th March and the crew were really pleasant polite and friendly. Travelled back from Tenerife today, 25th March, and the crew were indifferent and not exactly passenger friendly. It appeared that they could have done without the inconvenience of fare paying passengers and everything seemed like they were doing you a favour.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteGLA to TFS
Date FlownMarch 2016

"staff helpful and pleasant"

East Midlands to Arrecife, EMA check in staff very helpful. Flight left on time and arrived early, staff onboard helpful and pleasant, good information from flight deck. Plenty of leg room but seats tend to be on the hard side, but alright for up to four hours duration. Food of good quality. Return departure delayed three hours because of French Air traffic Controllers. Onboard the Captain gave a full explanation of the delay. Cabin crew again very helpful and pleasant and food was of a good standard, arrived into EMA fifteen minutes early.
RouteEMA to ACE
Date FlownMarch 2016

"let down by their service attitude"

I have never flown with jet2 before, this is the 1st and the last time. When I checked in online my partner and I were allocated 2 seats in 2 seperate rows - I was not happy about this at all I am a nervous flyer, so I rung jet2 customer service to explain, but no under any circumstances would they place us together. Even though looking at the seating plan there were still quite a few rows with empty seating, they said if we paid £10 each they would sort it. They claim to be a happy airline - that couldnt be further from the truth. I have to say the cabin crew were fantastic. Just a shame being let down by their customer service attitude.
RouteLBA to LPA

"won't fly again"

I have booked 2 return flights from Manchester to Alicante with jet2.com. When doing the check-in online - I realised to get 2 seats together on the flight I would need to pay for this at £7.50. Why this is even an issue when the plane was almost empty? Obviously this is another money spinner as we were never told that this company would charge 2 people to sit together even though the plane had numerous empty seat. Not impressed and won't fly with them again on principle.
RouteMAN to ALC
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"didn't help us at all"

Today I phoned Jet2 flights for checking golf bags in, to be told there is no available space on the flight for the golf bags! The customer adviser was very unhelpful after having booked flights 7 months ago, a large air company to say they have only selected number of spaces for golf bags is shocking! 12 of us book golf holiday to Faro every year and thinking Jet2.com would be a better company to find out it was worse than the company last year! We will definitely be going back with Ryanair! We are going in April and the customer adviser didn't help us at all to try actually get our golf bags on the flight or give us another option!
RouteEDI to FAO
Date FlownMarch 2015

"not seating people together"

My main gripe with Jet2 is the rather underhand way of not seating people together when checking in online. Monarch, Ryanair and Easyjet all manage to do it. Flew Leeds to Larnaca last year (and walked for 20 minutes in the driving rain to get to the plane), booked in 26 days in advance, not sat together on the way out or on the way back - but amazingly just a couple of hours before departure when checking in my partners luggage were told we could be seated together for a fee. So they couldn't manage it 26 days prior but 2 hours prior its suddenly possible? Very poor customer service and the main reason I'd book Ryanair any day above Jet2 (and 9 times out of 10 they're cheaper). Myself and 6 friends flew to Lisbon and again myself and 2 friends flew to Madrid last year, all with Ryanair, checked in 7 days in advance and all sat together on both legs. This year myself and my partner are flying with Jet2 back from Lanzarote in Feb, checked in 28 days in advance. You've guessed it, not sat together.
RouteLBA to LCA
Date FlownOctober 2015

"decent prices, pleasant crew"

Convenient flight times, decent prices, pleasant crew, and realistic 22kg baggage allowance (paid for naturally). Manchester to Las Palmas with an on-time departure, and pleasant and professional crew. The seats aren't the most comfortable, but for 4 hours it was bearable. You can pre-order food, which is more appetising than the less than imaginative onboard menu, but we didn't bother. Early arrival into LPA and bags quickly delivered. Return started off well - quick check in and rapidly through security. Aircraft had arrived on time, but became apparent there would be a delay. Technical delay announced at gate, and flight pushed back 45 minutes. We headed back down the terminal to have a drink, but noted about 10 minutes later that the flight was not only now boarding, but also departing from a different gate. No airport announcement and therefore, understandably, an insignificant delay turned into an hour as multiple missing passengers had to be located. Surely would have been more efficient to announce 2 significant flight alterations via the PA? The return flight was smooth with equally delightful crew. 45 minutes late into Manchester, where Terminal 1 really is a dump. Freezing cold, prefabricated corridors and poor signage. Enormous queue for immigration (took 30 minutes) despite introduction of e-gates. Once through, archaic baggage system would only deliver a bag onto the belt when there was a large space to spit out a bag. No mean feat when 75% of the flights passengers were still stuck in immigration. Baggage delivery took almost 90 minutes. Overall, the is airline let down by awful facilities at Manchester Airport.
RouteLPA to MAN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"totally unscrupulous"

I have booked Jet2.com flights for next June but they have twice changed the times from an original return flight at 13.35 to 21.00. This is not convenient for me and I asked for a refund but been refused as they argue it has to be more than 5 hours - I have argued that this is 7 hours 25 minutes, but because they have changed it twice, firstly to 16.35, then to 21.00 they argue the change is less than 5 hours. So in fact all they have to do is change times in increments and then keep your money if you have to cancel. Totally unscrupulous.
RouteManchester to Zante