Vote Now

Jet2.com

"does not offer services it claims"

Verified Review | East Midlands to Geneva. Jet2.com does not offer the services it claims. It does not deliver lost baggage to resort. Its services in Geneva are terrible and isolated in an old terminal. You have to walk from T1 to T2 (5mins) and then when checked in you are bussed back to T2 - forget duty free or coffee stops! Just a 2 hour check in to gate time. Baggage allowance is extra on flights £60 return per bag. Its Euro/Sterling exchange rate for food has a 30% levy. Its car hire match or "double the difference" is incorrect. Full of hidden costs left right and centre. Oh and for the environmentally friendly traveller, all those pre-printed boarding cards that you are required to print are simply binned in Geneva and new ones printed. Check in is located in terminal 2, fly out of terminal 1. Sorry EMA is so convenient for us but the cost, poor service, hidden extras, lost bag policy and ticket shredding has put paid to that.
RouteEast Midland to Geneva
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Onboard was satisfactory"

Verified Review | Manchester to Kittila. A wedding party of 12 people. Check in handled efficiently and we were all seated together. Flight left on time. Crew members friendly. Onboard was satisfactory, good legroom for these flights. No onboard entertainment. Drinks and snack runs at least twice. They are careful about selling alcohol going into Finland. Onboard prices are reasonable. Return flight delayed by an hour due to de-icing and a chaotic airport. Queues everywhere with multiple flights taking off within a short window.
RouteManchester to Kittila
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"luggage allowance generous"

Unverified | Edinburgh to Las Palmas return. On time and pleasant flights to and from Gran Canaria. Cabin staff were excellent and well organized. Aircraft seemed very new and clean. Flight times with this airline are good and luggage allowance generous by some standards. Would not hesitate to fly with this airline in the future.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteEdinburgh to Las Palmas
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"I wouldn't use again"

Verified Review | East Midlands to Tenerife. There is nothing more frustrating than companies that have the arrogance to promote themselves on the premise of value, only to find that when you check in online, you are loaded with additional charges just for booking and saving the company more money on salary by reducing the booking in time at the airport. In addituon, want to sit next to each other, that'll be more as well please! Loyal customers are created on trust. Jet2 has failed already even before I go on the flight and out of principle wouldn't use again. I haven't got on the flight yet, but value for money they're definitely not.
RouteEast Midlands to Tenerife
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"I would not use Jet2 again"

Verified Review | I live in Aberdeen and flew to Manchester by another carrier. I booked flights with Jet2.com through Expedia flying from Manchester to Funchal Madeira. After paying Expedia for the flights including a supplement to fly with Jet2 I was required to check in at the Jet2 website. I was charged £78 (£39 each way) - an exorbitant sum for hold baggage and £15 for online check in – I have never paid for online check in with any other airline. I flew from Madeira to Manchester on the 28th, Jet2 could not allow my bags to be checked through to my final destination on another airline, which meant I had to go through Security in Manchester. The flight was delayed at Madeira by an hour, 3 times during the flight I requested that the flight attendant speak to the pilot to ask him to inform my carrier at Manchester of my late arrival, the attendant and her supervisor ignored me and when pressed they refused my request. Upon arrival at Manchester, the flight was delayed reaching the stand and only used one set of steps to evacuate the plane. I missed my connecting flight that night which cost me a hotel stay and an extra flight the next day. I would not use Jet2 again.
RouteFNC to MAN
Date FlownNovember 2016

"We cannot thank them enough"

Verified Review | When returning from Gran Canaria to Manchester on January 7th 2017, my baby granddaughter fell as we were boarding the plane, landed on her face and had a nose bleed. We had to miss the flight to take her to hospital for a scan. My daughter and I would like to thank all the Jet2 employees at Las Palmas airport who helped us far above and beyond their obligation. They helped us retrieve our luggage from the plane, arranged a taxi to the children's hospital, and booked us into a hotel for the night. Their flights were fully booked the next day to return to Manchester but they gave us advice on what to do. Without them we would have been lost, especially as we were so worried about my baby granddaughter. We cannot thank them enough nor praise them enough for their help and kindness - and we would recommend this airline to everyone. Thankyou so very, very much!
RouteManchester to Gran Canaria
Date FlownDecember 2016

"staff on the service were very good"

I will start by saying that Jet2 is a budget airline, I try to avoid them and I don't have high expectations. Flew from Manchester to Budapest. The staff on the service were very good, there were some issues on the flight with passengers that were dealt with well. The aircraft and general standards are poor. The seats are stiff and uncomfortable, the cabin is cramped and tired. In my opinion Ryan Air is the basement of air travel but Jet2 is a close second.
RouteMAN to BUD
Date FlownDecember 2016

"will fly with them again"

East Midlands to Gran Canaria early November. Had an early Saturday morning check in at the fairly awful East Midlands, and to our surprise it was not too busy. Booked and paid for extra leg room seats - just as well because an obese man sat next to me - I had to lean towards my wife in the window seat but at least the extra legroom was very generous and I could stretch out. However, the seats are very much on the firm side, and I would certainly not like to fly more than 4 hours - even with extra legroom. Took off on time, decent service with free alcoholic drink. Did not eat food. Very nice friendly crew, and smooth flight all the way to Gran Canaria. Very windy upon approach so pilot aborted first attempt - but very reassuring manner with explanation about strong crosswinds alleviated any concerns. No problem with second approach. Luggage off in good time. I week later, flight back on time, and even landed a little early and luggage out promptly. The only let downs were the abysmal busses from the aircraft to the EMA Terminal, and the even worse Passport control but these things Jet2 cannot control. We like Jet2.com and will fly with them again.
RouteEMA to LPA
Date FlownNovember 2016

"the aircraft were clean"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | A basic cost with everything else extra, but of good quality. I flew Faro to Newcastle twice in October and November and 3 out of 4 were on time or early with the only delay of an hour departing but only 20 minutes arriving due to a last minute change of aircraft at Faro. The aircraft were clean and in good condition - even the Boeing 737-300 which must be at least 25 years old and which was surprisingly quieter than the 800 series. Legroom was adequate due to slimline seats but felt a bit hard by the end of a 3 hour flight. Flight attendants were smart and friendly and flight crew informative. The breakfast (extra cost) was excellent and reminiscent of the BA breakfast of 20 years ago. Other snacks seemed cheaper than competitors. My only minor gripe was the wine quality which to my palate was not a good as most other airline wines.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / 300
RouteFAO to NCL

"Excellent service"

Verified Review | Manchester to Gran Canaria. Excellent service on a new aircraft. One of the staff went out of their way to solve a problem for us when they didn't really need too. Overall the flight was nice and the Captain gave us updates throughout, pointing out various landmarks, which was a nice touch. Also the ground crew were excellent as well. My mother has to use a wheelchair and the staff bent over backwards to help us
RouteMAN to LPA