Jet2.com

Review by (United Kingdom) 27th July 2015

Paphos to Glasgow - jet2 was the only carrier with seats left so we choose this flight. I see why it had empty seats. The flight left at about midnight which was not a great start, check in was ok, then we waited at the gate to hear our flight is delayed. Boarded about half an hour later and the aircraft was still sitting there for another hour before we actually left. No entertainment for a 5 hour flight and very cold - no blanket or anything. The seats had no padding, small legroom and uncomfortable. The highlights of the flight was being able to buy hot chocolate that was made with water not milk. Horrible flight. The flight was meant to arrive at about 2am and because of our delays we arrive at nearly 4 am.
RoutePaphos to Glasgow

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th July 2015

Old tired aircraft, very cold on outbound and inbound flights. Very noisy in cabin from engines. Impersonal service, all announcements pre recorded, staff disinterested. Positives - quick friendly check in, good leg room, flights on time. Inferior service to Easyjet, would avoid in future
RouteManchester to Rhodes

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th July 2015

An extremely efficient check-in with the airline offering to take heavier cabin bags in the hold for free. As a regular user of shorthaul cheap airlines I was impressed with the whole experience. The cabin crew were a delight and went out of their way to keep the passengers amused and informed. The food and drinks were not overpriced and were edible. Although the seats were quite tight they were not unduly uncomfortable. Arriving in Malta we left the plane quickly and the bags arrived within a matter of minutes.
RouteEMA to MLA

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th July 2015

We flew from EMA to Faro on 4 July and returned on 18 July. Excellent flights, no delays, no problems. Staff excellent, check-in a pleasure on both journeys. Always happy to travel with this airline.
RouteEMA to Faro

Review by (United Kingdom) 18th July 2015

On-line booking was a breeze, including booking extra legroom seats. Got email reminder when on-line check in opened and that was quick and efficient too. Baggage drop off was well organised at the dedicated section of terminal 1. Plane clean, staff friendly and helpful, take off on time. Didn't prebook food, but trolley service very adequate. Good flight, no complaints, especially given competitive ticket price
RouteManchester to Pisa

Review by (United Kingdom) 14th July 2015

Over an hour and 15 minutes to check in at Manchester. Even though they have their own dedicated check in hall. One queue for all flights. Absolute chaos! One hour and 15 minutes late taking off. 45 minutes late coming back. Ran out of lots of snacks returning. Seat allocation designed so that you pay extra to sit together.
RouteManchester to Kos

Review by (United Kingdom) 14th July 2015

I paid for booked seats next to a window for me an my partner, costing 12 GBP each. Onboard we found other people in our seats who had not paid for selective seats and the stewardess did not want to split them up. She put me in a position where I felt I had to give them my seat even though I'm new to flying and wanted to sit next to my partner. We were then separated and I was sat next to people I never knew.
RouteEdinburgh to Budapest

Review by (United Kingdom) 13th July 2015

I use this airline a lot with them now being the largest airline to fly from my local airport and am never disappointed. Flew Newcastle to Faro rtn and once again could have no complaints. Online check in was hassle free and the Jet2 check in staff at both airports and the bag drop were pleasant and efficient meaning we waited less than 2 minutes to drop our bags both ways. Outbound flight was on time in a very clean B737-800 aircraft, flight attendants were pleasant and announcements from the flight desk were regular and informative. Our inbound flight was delayed 45 minutes but with a tail wind behind us we landed back at NCL only 15 minutes late which was no big deal. As with the outbound flight cabin crew were fine with my only gripe that the announcements from the cockpit were so quiet it was impossible to hear them. Aircraft was full for both legs.
RouteNewcastle to Faro

Review by (United Kingdom) 9th July 2015

My flight was delayed 4 hours. Was kept on a 32 degree plane for 45 minutes with no air conditioning. The staff embarrassed slightly larger people by moving them to the back of the plane to 'balance' the weight. Once finally in the air the turbulence was awful. Around 20 minutes before the plane landed the captain announced that our bags were not in the luggage hold and was 'sincerely apologetic'. We were promised our bags within 24 hours but now have been told that we won't have our bags for another 3 days!
RouteVerona to Edinburgh

Review by (United Kingdom) 3rd July 2015

Tried to check in 28 days in advance, lots of seats available on the plane and we were allocated seats apart. I phoned Jet2 on numerous occasions and emailed asking why and getting different responses every time. This has happened on many occasions upon speaking to other passengers it happened to them also. It is clearly a scam to make passengers purchase seats to ensure that they are sat together on flights.
RouteLeeds Bradford to Alicante