Jet2.com

"friendly and pleasant"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Antalya. As we entered the airport for 6 o’clock flight, it was not overcrowded in fact it was quite empty and staff were extremely friendly and pleasant. I had upgraded to the seats with more leg space so I can’t comment on the cabin in detail for others and I know all the seats look extremely thin when compare to the old fashion BA job. But the flight was very pleasant, I felt the aircraft was relatively quiet and modern. The food on board which I pre-ordered a breakfast was actually extremely tasty (they’re not particularly appetising to look at but it’s airline economy food) and the staff were charming. I haven’t been on Ryanair for awhile, and I’ve been on this route before with EasyJet, but I think Jet2 was better than both of those. The people make all the difference and the aircraft was decent.
RouteStansted to Antalya
Date FlownJuly 2018

"turn back due to a bird strike"

Trip Verified | Flew to Ibiza recently and was over half way there only to be told we had to turn back due to a bird strike. It made no sense to turn back considering we were closer to our destination, however, the pilot told us they had no engineers on the ground so they had no choice. From this point, it was just lie after a lie as each team passed the problem on the next, really bad service! The pilot told us we would only have to wait on the aeroplane for 15 mins before a new plane arrived to take us to our new destination. I questioned this immediately as it's not like buses where you can just send a new one to take passengers to their next destination. Of course, when we touched down he then lied and told us to leave the plane and wait for further communication. The ground team then lied to us and told us they would 6-8 provide free drinks and food on the next flight... so none of us bought any food in the terminal even though we hadn't eaten in over 6-8 hours. Eventually, after waiting over an hour our new plane arrived. We all got on the plane excited to have some food and free drink including alcohol, only to be told all that would be on offer is a few kit kats and tea and coffee! Literally, nothing else was available even to purchase. To summarise this is profits over safety and customer service. I have lodged a formal complaint, so will be happy to change my review depending on the outcome, however, don't have my hopes up!
RouteStansted to Ibiza
Date FlownJune 2018

"Jet2 are a complete disgrace"

Trip Verified | Jet2 are a complete disgrace. Let me warn you all, once you have paid and your holiday starts, you will have no means of contact during or after your stay. We arrived in Malaga to colect our hire car from Goldcar, we had an issue and tried to call the rep, nothing just music for over an hour. We tried throughout the whole holiday, nothing. We returned home, nothing. It is a huge shame. Everything went to plan until we tried to make contact them about our hire car rip off. They will never answer you or ask for you to PM them, if you get an answer they will state they will call you back in 7 days. Jet2 have known about goldcar since 2012 yet they still use them.
RouteEast Midlands to Malaga
Date FlownJune 2018

"experience has been fabulous"

Trip Verified | Reus to Manchester. I was travelling with my adult son who is on the Autistic spectrum. I cannot fault any of the staff we came into contact at both Reus and Manchester airports. They did everything possible to ensure a quick and safe passing through security and passport control (my son doesn’t like crowds or strangers touching him) which enabled us to have an eventful free flight. Cannot recommend this airline enough, this is the 5th time we have flown Jet 2 and every single time the experience has been fabulous.
RouteReus to Manchester

"delayed by 7 hours"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Nice. Flight delayed by 7 hours. No communication about delay until we got to bag drop. Couldn't leave airport because if they managed to get an earlier flight they were not going to communicate that to passengers so had to stay in the airport with my 2 year old son. Credit they gave us was loaded on boarding pass which was not accepted anywhere in the airport except for one place.
RouteStansted to Nice
Date FlownMay 2018

"They again trotted out the same excuse" ** EDITED - HAVE THEY SENT TICKET ??

Trip Verified | So have used Jet2, recommended them to family and friends, had good experiences and seeing as I live next to Stansted airport and they have replaced the easyJet service that moved to Southend a number of years ago, it's been a win-win for me, until the last flight on Sunday. Informed two days into our holiday at our family holiday home, that we had a "change in equipment", unable to reply to this, I had guessed we were flying on a 757 as that's the other aircraft type Jet2 fly, instead of the 737-800 that usually flies the route. Then I saw our seat row numbers, I had paid for allocated seats, together, in row 2 as I was travelling with my partner and her 83 year old mother as I wanted to be up the front of the aircraft and near an exit. My new boarding pass was for row 29, not at all what I wanted. At check in (we were dropping a hold bag), I explained my unhappiness to helpful groundstaff, they pointed me over to the Jet2 help desk, who logged my concerns, I wanted at best a refund, to be told that they only guaranteed we would sit together, I suggested why would we choose our seats and pay extra, if we wouldn't get the ones we wanted. They again trotted out the same excuse: it only guaranteed you sit together. I explained that I have travelled on my own, paid extra to choose my seat last year, on my own, if they could bump me to another row, what was the point of paying extra, to which the lady in question agreed that I had a point. Then I explained: as our seats were on the original aircraft, surely, those passengers on the original aircraft should surely be given the same seats on this replacement aircraft, that Jet2 changed and added passengers not on the original scheduled aircraft, that they should get the seats at the back as it was a bigger aircraft, again, the lady agreed with me. Not happy. Once through the new layout at Faro airport, security, realised that there were a great many more passengers, which I explained to my partners mother, we'll be through quickly as they will have extra staff to cope (my partners mother has to take medication for a medical condition and her next dose was in an hour). I must explain, that we were at the airport 3 hours before our departure time, so plenty of time we thought. Then to immigration, or so we thought. The new layout at Faro, segregates: UK, Irish and Canadian passports to the left, all others to the right, there is an analogy there, it felt like it: a queue, we joined at 7, no air, crammed like cattle, it took over an hour to get to the bottom of the escalator, to see to our dismay that we weren't even halfway to the one passport desk open. By my estimate, given the number of people in front, behind, the flight information screens, I would estimate over a thousand poor souls were expecting to get through one passport desk, surely Jet2 would have told Faro airport of our bigger aircraft and more passengers. A lady passed out, one was sick, there were threats to people trying to jump the queue. After an hour, medication for my partners mother, we could wait no more: we called a member of staff who fast tracked us. Consequence: we saved an hour in the queue, one of the first on the new aircraft, Titan Airways. Thankfully we got overhead storage space, others did not. Delayed due to the issue in the passport control area, took off great crew, packed flight, water, we paid for, took time. Smooth flight, nice landing. Contacted Jet2, no reply. Now angry.
RouteFaro to London Stansted
Date FlownMay 2018

"long hard and unfriendly stare"

Trip Verified | I missed my flight from Leeds to Geneva airport as I was late. My though is the customer service clerks of Jet2.com at Bradford-Leeds. The two women working that morning at the customer service desk were so rude to me. The customer service clerks in Geneva were so professional, gracious and nice. Geneva to Leeds the airhostesses only smiled and said hello to the white customers but not to customers of color - all I received was a long hard and unfriendly stare! I paid my air-ticket and I believe that I deserve to be accorded the same hospitality as other passengers. All my experience with jet2.com is a zero star. One thing I must say is that the aircraft was clean, comfortable and value for money.
RouteGeneva to Leeds Bradford
Date FlownApril 2018

"refused to accept responsibility"

Trip Verified | Lanzarote to Newcastle. Paid £30 each way to transport my racing bike on a training holiday. The bike was packed in a specialised soft case with a 5cm memory foam mattress as protection. Despite this Jet2 managed to subject it to such force that it broke the frame at the point where the back wheel attaches. Since then their customer service has been dismissive and have refused to accept responsibility, consequently I've been left without the means to compete in already booked races this year.
RouteLanzarote to Newcastle
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"very helpful and reassuring"

Trip Verified | After a mix up with the transfer bus from our hotel, my bag, containing our passports, boarding passes, euros, etc, was left on the bus when we had to disembark and get the next bus to the airport on our return journey. As soon as I realised I rang the emergency line and the last person I spoke to was very helpful and reassuring. Before we had even reached the airport I received a call to say that they had located my bag and it would be waiting for me at the airport. The staff member came onto our coach, told the rest of the passengers their check in desks and then asked for me. She took us into the airport to collect my bag, asked to confirm how the mix up happened so that the problem could be dealt with, gave me a very grateful hug (I needed one) and then saw us off through check in. I have to say that all of the Jet2 staff we had contact with during our short break could not have been more helpful or welcoming.
RouteEdinburgh to Fuerteventura
Date FlownMarch 2018

"insensitive and rude"

Trip Verified | Would not recommend flying with Jet2, our experience from getting to the airport was not a good one. Jet2 ground service were insensitive and rude. The aircraft itself was small and uncomfortable, not worth the price paid. The Jet2 help desk charged us £35.00 to check in although we had tried to check in the day before but received an error message asking us to try again. I do not find this acceptable at all and will be following up with Jet2 customer service about this matter. The staff were not sympathetic and forced a payment that we could not really afford at this time.
RouteNewcastle to Prague