Jet2.com

"They again trotted out the same excuse" ** EDITED - HAVE THEY SENT TICKET ??

Trip Verified | So have used Jet2, recommended them to family and friends, had good experiences and seeing as I live next to Stansted airport and they have replaced the easyJet service that moved to Southend a number of years ago, it's been a win-win for me, until the last flight on Sunday. Informed two days into our holiday at our family holiday home, that we had a "change in equipment", unable to reply to this, I had guessed we were flying on a 757 as that's the other aircraft type Jet2 fly, instead of the 737-800 that usually flies the route. Then I saw our seat row numbers, I had paid for allocated seats, together, in row 2 as I was travelling with my partner and her 83 year old mother as I wanted to be up the front of the aircraft and near an exit. My new boarding pass was for row 29, not at all what I wanted. At check in (we were dropping a hold bag), I explained my unhappiness to helpful groundstaff, they pointed me over to the Jet2 help desk, who logged my concerns, I wanted at best a refund, to be told that they only guaranteed we would sit together, I suggested why would we choose our seats and pay extra, if we wouldn't get the ones we wanted. They again trotted out the same excuse: it only guaranteed you sit together. I explained that I have travelled on my own, paid extra to choose my seat last year, on my own, if they could bump me to another row, what was the point of paying extra, to which the lady in question agreed that I had a point. Then I explained: as our seats were on the original aircraft, surely, those passengers on the original aircraft should surely be given the same seats on this replacement aircraft, that Jet2 changed and added passengers not on the original scheduled aircraft, that they should get the seats at the back as it was a bigger aircraft, again, the lady agreed with me. Not happy. Once through the new layout at Faro airport, security, realised that there were a great many more passengers, which I explained to my partners mother, we'll be through quickly as they will have extra staff to cope (my partners mother has to take medication for a medical condition and her next dose was in an hour). I must explain, that we were at the airport 3 hours before our departure time, so plenty of time we thought. Then to immigration, or so we thought. The new layout at Faro, segregates: UK, Irish and Canadian passports to the left, all others to the right, there is an analogy there, it felt like it: a queue, we joined at 7, no air, crammed like cattle, it took over an hour to get to the bottom of the escalator, to see to our dismay that we weren't even halfway to the one passport desk open. By my estimate, given the number of people in front, behind, the flight information screens, I would estimate over a thousand poor souls were expecting to get through one passport desk, surely Jet2 would have told Faro airport of our bigger aircraft and more passengers. A lady passed out, one was sick, there were threats to people trying to jump the queue. After an hour, medication for my partners mother, we could wait no more: we called a member of staff who fast tracked us. Consequence: we saved an hour in the queue, one of the first on the new aircraft, Titan Airways. Thankfully we got overhead storage space, others did not. Delayed due to the issue in the passport control area, took off great crew, packed flight, water, we paid for, took time. Smooth flight, nice landing. Contacted Jet2, no reply. Now angry.
RouteFaro to London Stansted
Date FlownMay 2018

"long hard and unfriendly stare"

Trip Verified | I missed my flight from Leeds to Geneva airport as I was late. My though is the customer service clerks of Jet2.com at Bradford-Leeds. The two women working that morning at the customer service desk were so rude to me. The customer service clerks in Geneva were so professional, gracious and nice. Geneva to Leeds the airhostesses only smiled and said hello to the white customers but not to customers of color - all I received was a long hard and unfriendly stare! I paid my air-ticket and I believe that I deserve to be accorded the same hospitality as other passengers. All my experience with jet2.com is a zero star. One thing I must say is that the aircraft was clean, comfortable and value for money.
RouteGeneva to Leeds Bradford
Date FlownApril 2018

"refused to accept responsibility"

Trip Verified | Lanzarote to Newcastle. Paid £30 each way to transport my racing bike on a training holiday. The bike was packed in a specialised soft case with a 5cm memory foam mattress as protection. Despite this Jet2 managed to subject it to such force that it broke the frame at the point where the back wheel attaches. Since then their customer service has been dismissive and have refused to accept responsibility, consequently I've been left without the means to compete in already booked races this year.
RouteLanzarote to Newcastle
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"very helpful and reassuring"

Trip Verified | After a mix up with the transfer bus from our hotel, my bag, containing our passports, boarding passes, euros, etc, was left on the bus when we had to disembark and get the next bus to the airport on our return journey. As soon as I realised I rang the emergency line and the last person I spoke to was very helpful and reassuring. Before we had even reached the airport I received a call to say that they had located my bag and it would be waiting for me at the airport. The staff member came onto our coach, told the rest of the passengers their check in desks and then asked for me. She took us into the airport to collect my bag, asked to confirm how the mix up happened so that the problem could be dealt with, gave me a very grateful hug (I needed one) and then saw us off through check in. I have to say that all of the Jet2 staff we had contact with during our short break could not have been more helpful or welcoming.
RouteEdinburgh to Fuerteventura
Date FlownMarch 2018

"insensitive and rude"

Trip Verified | Would not recommend flying with Jet2, our experience from getting to the airport was not a good one. Jet2 ground service were insensitive and rude. The aircraft itself was small and uncomfortable, not worth the price paid. The Jet2 help desk charged us £35.00 to check in although we had tried to check in the day before but received an error message asking us to try again. I do not find this acceptable at all and will be following up with Jet2 customer service about this matter. The staff were not sympathetic and forced a payment that we could not really afford at this time.
RouteNewcastle to Prague
Date FlownMarch 2018

"I won’t be using them again"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Grenoble. Paid for legroom seats and never got them. Emailed to get a refund but they refused! Emailed again to appeal but they never replied. I’m flying again in a couple of weeks but I made sure it was another airline. Never had this problem with any other airline so I won’t be using them again.
RouteStansted to Grenoble

"Overall very impressed"

Trip Verified | First time with Jet2.com flying from Birmingham to Krakow. Overall very impressed. Cabin crew were lovely and friendly. Plane took off both ways on time. Paid for extra leg room. Will definitely be using Jet2 again. Check in staff were lovely too, a smile goes a long way. Very clean on board.
RouteBirmingham to Krakow
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Another faultless trip with Jet2"

Trip Verified | Another faultless trip with Jet2. Flew Newcastle to Malaga and return. Sensible flight times, clean aircraft, friendly efficient staff both on the ground and in the air. Seats are fine for a flight under 4 hours, and the design allows that bit more legroom. Slight delay leaving Malaga because of need to replace nosewheel tyres was well handled by staff with plenty of information. With more new aircraft coming on stream Jet2 must now be in the lead for budget airlines.
RouteNewcastle to Malaga
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Plane was clean and comfortable"

Trip Verified | Flight from Newcastle to Sofia was fine, left fairly on time, decent leg room. Only problem was the plane was freezing! Good selection of food and drinks available. Normal airline prices. Staff were friendly and got to work serving drinks etc quickly. Plane was clean and comfortable enough for a 3 hour flight. Anymore and the padding on my seat wouldn't of supported me much longer. It was a bit hard.
RouteNewcastle to Sofia
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"A horrific customer experience"

Trip Verified | Tenerife to Stansted. Terrible service, staff insensitive and inflexible. I was told I was not allowed to carry a standard foam disability aid on board that Tui hadn't batted an eyelid over me using on the outbound flight,. My cushion would have fitted fine, perfectly safely with a bit of humanity and common sense. A horrific customer experience never to be repeated that utterly ruined my holiday.
RouteTenerife to Stansted