Jet2.com

"Would fly again"

Trip Verified | Belfast to Alicante. First jet2.com flight and was impressed. Excellent crew not overbearing or noisy and attentive to passengers with children or who needed assistance. Had preordered the vegetarian breakfast which was served immediately after takeoff. It was a little disappointing but was good value. Would fly again.
RouteBelfast to Alicante
Date FlownAugust 2018

"never fly again with them"

Trip Verified | Got to say I’ve only ever flown with one of these types of airlines before so didn’t expect much although the £ 400 they charged me from Manchester to Nice for my daughter and I seemed expensive. Flight out: Late, no explanation to why nor any update from the pilot. We’d only booked a one way flight as we were flying from Nice to Dubai 10 days later for another holiday but due to a bereavement I had to cancel Dubai so booked the only day back which was Sunday, I ideally wanted to book Monday so I could fly with my family but it was full which was fair enough, I kept checking 5/6 times a day for spaces for the Monday then hey presto two spaces came up, I called Jet2 and was told it was £35 each extra plus £500 more. I’d never fly again with them.
RouteNice to Manchester

"efficient and pleasant"

Trip Verified | This was a smooth experience with Jet2. After boarding reasonably quickly, the flight took off about 10 minutes before its scheduled departure and landed in Birmingham about 30 minutes early. The cabin crew were efficient and pleasant. As is common on shorthaul flights, there was food and drink available for purchase but nothing was given out free. The only negative thing I can say about the flight was that we had to use shuttle buses to gain access to the terminal in Birmingham. This inconvenience spoilt an otherwise excellent flight experience.
RouteFaro to Birmingham
Date FlownAugust 2018

"never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Lanzarote. Uncomfortable seats. Flights delayed both ways. On the way out I had an extra legroom seat but they "forgot" to load the tables, meaning I had to put a sandwich and drink on my knee. Unsafe and inconvenient. The in flight announcements are the most patronising, loud and annoying I have ever heard. I fly many times a year and will never fly with this airline again.
RouteManchester to Lanzarote

"Service is very cheesy"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to Budapest. Inbound aircraft was running late, no announcement made however, simply started boarding 40mins late. Boarding completed but we missed our slot so further 30minute delay. This information was hard to hear as the pilots public address system was largely unreadable for the whole flight, simply very quiet. Aircraft was old 737-300, was spotlessly clean, only problem was pilots pa system as above. Upon arrival (45mins late) there was no one to chcok the aeroplane, as a result further 10 minutes delay. Then a bus to the terminal building. Through passports. Waited for checked in baggage. Further 60 minutes delay. During this no announcements or apologies. At no point either were we told why the aircraft was late inbound to Edinburgh. All in all left Budapest airport 2 hours later than anticipated. Your fellow passengers are not exactly wonderful either, either old people on way to central Europe or people after cheap loud British people holidays. Service is very cheesy, they play Jess Glyn a lot and an automated voice dripping in honey does the announcements, it's very patronising. Airline is designed for people looking for cheap rubbish package holdiays not proper stuff. It's also quite expensive. 160 one way plus bags. I would avoid if there's another choice.
RouteEdinburgh to Budapest

"friendly and efficient"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Funchal. First time on jet2 and very impressed. Really efficient bag drop and early and efficient boarding. Plane an ancient Boeing 757 but clean and well maintained. Very friendly and efficient staff, legroom ok but a bit hard. Very impressed however.
RouteManchester to Funchal
Date FlownJuly 2018

"friendly and pleasant"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Antalya. As we entered the airport for 6 o’clock flight, it was not overcrowded in fact it was quite empty and staff were extremely friendly and pleasant. I had upgraded to the seats with more leg space so I can’t comment on the cabin in detail for others and I know all the seats look extremely thin when compare to the old fashion BA job. But the flight was very pleasant, I felt the aircraft was relatively quiet and modern. The food on board which I pre-ordered a breakfast was actually extremely tasty (they’re not particularly appetising to look at but it’s airline economy food) and the staff were charming. I haven’t been on Ryanair for awhile, and I’ve been on this route before with EasyJet, but I think Jet2 was better than both of those. The people make all the difference and the aircraft was decent.
RouteStansted to Antalya
Date FlownJuly 2018

"turn back due to a bird strike"

Trip Verified | Flew to Ibiza recently and was over half way there only to be told we had to turn back due to a bird strike. It made no sense to turn back considering we were closer to our destination, however, the pilot told us they had no engineers on the ground so they had no choice. From this point, it was just lie after a lie as each team passed the problem on the next, really bad service! The pilot told us we would only have to wait on the aeroplane for 15 mins before a new plane arrived to take us to our new destination. I questioned this immediately as it's not like buses where you can just send a new one to take passengers to their next destination. Of course, when we touched down he then lied and told us to leave the plane and wait for further communication. The ground team then lied to us and told us they would 6-8 provide free drinks and food on the next flight... so none of us bought any food in the terminal even though we hadn't eaten in over 6-8 hours. Eventually, after waiting over an hour our new plane arrived. We all got on the plane excited to have some food and free drink including alcohol, only to be told all that would be on offer is a few kit kats and tea and coffee! Literally, nothing else was available even to purchase. To summarise this is profits over safety and customer service. I have lodged a formal complaint, so will be happy to change my review depending on the outcome, however, don't have my hopes up!
RouteStansted to Ibiza
Date FlownJune 2018

"Jet2 are a complete disgrace"

Trip Verified | Jet2 are a complete disgrace. Let me warn you all, once you have paid and your holiday starts, you will have no means of contact during or after your stay. We arrived in Malaga to colect our hire car from Goldcar, we had an issue and tried to call the rep, nothing just music for over an hour. We tried throughout the whole holiday, nothing. We returned home, nothing. It is a huge shame. Everything went to plan until we tried to make contact them about our hire car rip off. They will never answer you or ask for you to PM them, if you get an answer they will state they will call you back in 7 days. Jet2 have known about goldcar since 2012 yet they still use them.
RouteEast Midlands to Malaga
Date FlownJune 2018

"experience has been fabulous"

Trip Verified | Reus to Manchester. I was travelling with my adult son who is on the Autistic spectrum. I cannot fault any of the staff we came into contact at both Reus and Manchester airports. They did everything possible to ensure a quick and safe passing through security and passport control (my son doesn’t like crowds or strangers touching him) which enabled us to have an eventful free flight. Cannot recommend this airline enough, this is the 5th time we have flown Jet 2 and every single time the experience has been fabulous.
RouteReus to Manchester