Best Economy Class Seats

Jet Airways

"they were arrogant"

Verified Review | I was coming from USA via Etihad and the last flight from Abu Dhabi to Bangalore was via Jet Airways. I was not aware that Etihad has partnered with other airlines. From Chicago to Dublin was with Aer Lingus, then from Dublin to Abu Dhabi was with Etihad. The itinary of my entire flight allowed 2 check-in luggages with 23 kg each and 2 cabin luggage. When I was boarding the plane from Abu Dhabi, Jet Airways asked me to keep my hand luggage and not take it as the space was limited. I explained that I did not book Jet Airways ticket and was booked through Etihad which is partner with Jet and you should allow me 2 hand luggages as mentioned. They were not ready to listen. It was as if I was not obeying the rule. But the fact was they were arrogant and not understanding. At last when I said that I would not board without my hand luggage, they allowed me. Upon reaching Bangalore and waiting for my check in luggage which did not come, I inquired about the same. I was informed that probably it has not made it and will be send. There were around 14-15 people whose luggage was missing. There was only 1 person to take note about the same and fill papers. So if 1 person taken 3 minutes, than the last person number would come after 45 minutes. I was probably the 2nd last and my number came after waiting for 40 minutes. So after the plane arrived, when all passenger were gone, I was left to look where to go for missing luggage, I had to wait additional 45 minutes. Now when should I expect to receive my luggage ? I received my luggage after 48 hours. This too after calling them up atleast 4 times. For missing baggage, the wait time on call was around 20 minutes. When the person answered the call, he did not have any information. The call center was of no use and I was only informed that the bag has been traced and will be send ASAP. What is ASAP is left to Jet Airways discretion. If after 48 hours is ASAP, I bet what could be sending the luggage in relaxed manner.
RouteAUH to BLR
Date FlownJuly 2016

"a pleasure flying with Jet Airways"

Verified Review | Jet Airways is the best domestic airline of India. They have maintained excellent cleanliness on all of their aircrafts and the cabin crew are patient, listening to the problems of their passengers. The leg space is also good. The restrooms are not smelly like some other airlines. The overhead compartments were quite large. The food was delicious and the seats were comfortable and could be reclined easily. A pleasure flying with Jet Airways and I will surely opt for it again.
AircraftBoeing 737-8AL
RouteCCU to BOM
Date FlownApril 2016

"food and drinks adequate"

Verified Review | Delhi - Dubai on Jet Airways, B737-800. Flight departed late but was on time in Dubai. Service was fine and food and drinks adequate. No personal IFE but a small screen dropped from the overhead bin and movies were shown, which was disappointing. Jet Airways should seriously consider upgrading their aircraft to at least an Airbus A330 if not a B777. The high load on this particular sector warrants this change. Apart from the aircraft and the IFE, no major issues. Will continue to fly with them.
RouteDEL to DXB
Date FlownJune 2016

"quite good and beyond expectation"

Mumbai to Hong Kong with Jet Airways. The flight was quite good and beyond expectation. There was quite a good variety of movies ranging from different languages and genres, thus, the 6-hour long flight was not so boring. Cabin crew were friendly and not quite lousy. The aircraft looked well-maintained. The food was quite delicious.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteBOM to HKG

"improved it's service"

Verified Review | Flew from Banglore to Mumbai. Jet Airways has improved it's service compared to last year. The cabin crew were friendly and the food tasted fantastic. The seats of Business Class were comfortable and could be reclined very easily compared to last year. The Boeing Sky Interior looks fantastic at night. The only problem is that it doesn't have onboard Wi-fi.
AircraftBoeing 737-8AL
RouteBLR to BOM
Date FlownMay 2016

"journey made me more tired"

Verified Review | Abu Dhabi to Chennai with Jet Airways. Ground service to enter bus took lot more time than usual. We were kept standing on line which moved very slow. Inflight crew were very cold in approach. They just completed their task. No spirits visible. After a tiring 8 hrs Manchester to Abu Dhabi previous flight, this journey made me more tired.
RouteAUH to MAA

"service was impeccable"

Verified Review | Mumbai - Dehradun - Mumbai. Jet Airways direct flight to Dehradun from Mumbai indeed is a saving grace in terms of time and convenience. They are the only airline offering a direct flight from BOM hence able to skip the chaos and nuisance of transiting through DEL. Both flights were on time, and service was impeccable. Their cabin cleanliness and ambience is what I really like, and both aircrafts had the sky interiors. The legroom on their 737 is pretty good and me being 6”1, I was still comfortable. The food was also really good on both flights, especially the desserts which had a nice brownie on the outbound and a lovely tiramisu on the return. I guess their BOM based catering company servicing their flights is indeed fantastic. Also flying out of BOM T2 is always a pleasure. Their cabin crew seemed a little tired and lost, otherwise the experience with my favourite Indian airline was lovely.
RouteBOM to DED

"quick and efficient"

I was impressed with my first flight with Jet Airways from Bangalore to Delhi. Jet Airways is a full service airline. Check in was quick and efficient. Although my checked bag and carry-on exceeded the maximum weight according to their website, I was not charged for excess baggage. Boarding was painless and we took off on time. Before take-off I was given a bottle of water. During the 2 hour 20 minute flight we were served a light meal and beverages. Due to bad weather we circled Delhi for half a hour but the pilot kept us well informed. Baggage was delivered quickly. I will certainly fly Jet Airways again.
RouteBLR to DEL
Date FlownMay 2016

"attendants nice and helpful"

Verified Review | Delhi to Singapore return with Jet Airways. Flights on both legs were almost on time. The seat configuration was 2-4-2 which was convenient as we got allotted on window side seats. The leg room was decent but the aircraft was a bit old. No USB point for mobile charging, although there was IFE with reasonable amount of movies and songs (mostly Hindi). The food was ok but not that great and limited option for alcoholic drinks with just a single brand for whisky and a single brand for beer. The food had just 2 choices either veg or non-veg. On my first leg, my special meal request was met but it was tasteless. The attendants were nice and helpful.
AircraftA330-200
RouteDEL to SIN
Date FlownMay 2016

"never encountered such a disgusting smell"

Chennai to Madurai. Seems like Jet Airways thinks it doesn't need to make any effort on this route. The scheduled time of my outward flight was changed three times (once while I was actually at the airport) - maybe this is a way of reducing delay statistics? Also the flight number was changed without me being informed, for no apparent reason except to cause confusion. As a result of all this I had to spend nearly three hours at Chennai airport, so resorted to using the lounge for a payment of 943 rupees - fairly small, with a limited food and drink selection but free wifi. The flight was OK except for the food and drink - 250ml bottle of water and inedible 'chicken' sandwich (or veg alternative) with a tiny kitkat. On the return journey I had the misfortune to use the toilet. I don't think I've never encountered such a disgusting smell in my life, it nearly made me vomit. I also now understand why the seats at the front of the plane were full, despite the only entrance and exit being steps at the back - the smell began wafting into the cabin. With a stifingly hot bus ride to arrivals, all in all a thoroughly unpleasant experience. I wonder if SpiceJet is any better.
AircraftATR72