Jet Airways

"vacation plans down the gutter"

Trip Verified | I was to fly from Delhi to Chennai on 18th May. The scheduled departure of the flight was at 9.35 am from IGI. I had my return ticket on 21st May. I reached the check in counter exactly 45 minutes before the departure of the flight due to the Delhi traffic and was denied boarding. The standard rule is to close the check in counter 45 minutes prior to the departure of the flight, we all know. The staff were so arrogant that all they said was that I was late, as if it were them who chose me to fly with them. I pleaded them to consider my case as I was not too late according to rules. After having an altercation with me for 5 minutes they said to me that there were only 40 minutes left for the flight and hence they were following the rules by not allowing me. Any other flight that day was to cost me at least 13,000 INR. I had to cancel my trip because I was not in a mood to shell out that amount of money for the onward ticket. And since I was unable to take my onward journey because of the invented stupid rule I had to cancel my return tickets for which I didn't get any refund. I lost my entire money and all my vacation plans went down the gutter.
RouteDelhi to Chennai
Date FlownMay 2018

"going from bad to worse"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Bangalore. Jet Airways just keeps going from bad to worse with every trip. Frankly both Indigo and Vistara do a much better job than this supposedly full service carrier. Despite being a Platinum flier my seat got reassigned from near the front to the back of the plane for no reason in spite of checking in more than 24 hours prior. The cabin crew woke me up for breakfast which was this disgusting sandwich for a low cal meal. At least on Indigo you get some decent choices for your money. I don’t remember the last time the airline offered a complimentary upgrade. And all this after paying almost 250 USD for a one hour fifteen minute flight. Congrats Jet Airways you always find a way to lower the bar. The only decent thing about the flight was the excellent Lounge in Mumbai but frankly that’s just not enough to put up with the rest of the awful experience. As usual the airline will not bother.
RouteMumbai to Bangalore
Date FlownMay 2018

"Shame on you Jet Airways"

Trip Verified | London to Mumbai, nice flight, above average. Then it all went wrong, badly wrong. We were held on the aircraft whilst stairs to alight and buses to take us to the terminal. Immigration was in turmoil, missed our connection to Goa, next available flight 12+ hours later. “Customer centric” Jet in there wisdom just left us at Mumbai airport for all this time, with nothing and no assistance at all, nothing. After many emails back and forward, all I know is Jet says “ it’s beyond our control, which I do understand,it’s the way we just had to fend for ourselves, this “caring” airline did nothing, as according to Jet they have no obligation to assist us so that’s what we got nothing, to the letter of the law they are correct, morally - ethically, it was wrong. And Jet just troll out the same, we don’t have to help our “guests”. Is this the kind of airline you would like to fly with. Shame on you Jet Airways.
RouteLondon to Goa via Mumbai
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Felt like a budget airline"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Dubai. Extremely old plane, hard uncomfortable, poorly reclining seats in business class, dirty cabin and seats, very bad, inedible food, no entertainment system, untrained cabin crew. Felt like I was travelling on a budget airline as opposed to a full service airline in business class.
RouteDelhi to Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Seats worn down and uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Colombo via Mumbai. Flights were very old 777-300 and a 737, on 777 lots of sounds coming from panels on take off and during turbulence. Seats were very worn down and uncomfortable. Flight from AMS to BOM cabin crew was very young and looks like high school kids and they never came to check your seat belts before take off, during turbulence or before landing, During the 8.5 hr flight never did a water service only way to get any water was by using the call button. I must say food was decent and gave some nice snacks during the flight. Entertainment system was very old and very small screens, Flight from BOM to CMB was a different story, cabin crew was attentive and did a great service during the short flight.
RouteAmsterdam to Colombo via Mumbai
Date FlownAugust 2017

"my first and last trip with Jet"

Trip Verified | Bengaluru to Patna. This was my first and last trip with Jet Airways. Indigo is much much better despite being a Low-Cost Carrier. Food is average, cabin crew always serious, they are doing a favor by offering you food as if they have paid for the entire price of all the passenger's ticket.
Aircraft737-800(VT-JTN
RouteBengaluru to Patna
Date FlownApril 2018

"I had the worst experience"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Toronto. I had the worst experience on this airline and will not be returning. They lost a ton of luggage’on our flight and one happened to be ours. It’s been over 72 hours and they still haven’t contacted us on it. When I got on my flight from Amsterdam to Toronto there was garbage in my seat pocket, the airplane was dirty and disgusting. Not taken care of. Seats were very uncomfortable and you were so close the the person next to you. It was a very uncomfortable claustrophobic 7.5 hour flight. I regret booking this flight regardless of how cheap the tickets were.
RouteAmsterdam to Toronto

"seats were uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Singapore in March 2018. Delhi airport is a mess, there is even a queue to enter the airport. Anyway finally made it into the airport and tried to look for my flight check in counter, I couldn't find it! Then I figured out that Jet Airways ground staff do things in a different way, regardless of where you flying there are just 2 lines, domestic and international, your flight number is irrelevant. There were at least 200 people in the international check in before me. Finally got to the check in counter and checked in my baggage and got my boarding pass. Again, there were long queues at immigration. Boarding was disorderly and one crew member was blocking the aisle for a good 10 minutes as she was busy talking to a passenger (probably her friend). The seats were uncomfortable even for a 5.5 hour flight. No pillow, blanket or any other amenities were provided. There was no IFE, only device streaming but no tablets were available and my laptop's battery was out of charge. No power points in seats. Food was disgusting and inedible. At least they had Tiger beer, stewardess was generous enough to replenish my beer twice. Another crew member was very helpful and outstanding. The only other consolation from this flight was the stunning views of Mt Everest. Thankfully they didnt lose my luggage. It arrived quickly without any damage.
RouteDelhi to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2018

"comfortable and easy flight"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Kathmandu. I have travelled many times with Jet and always had a perfectly fine experience. On this occasion I received even better service than usual. The staff serving me was exceptionally friendly and helpful. She noticed I hadn't eaten much and went off to find me an alternative without me asking. Comfortable and easy flight.
RouteDelhi to Kathmandu

"Food was average"

Trip Verified | Doha to Mumbai. It was my first experience with Jet Airways. It was an old A330. Food was average. The screen was not responding quickly, it was like the old TV. There was less staff in the cabin. Only 2 crew members in the Economy section.
RouteDoha to Mumbai