Jet Airways

"boarding process poorly handled"

Trip Verified | Goa to Bombay in Business Class. The flight provided good service and comfortable seats for a 45 mins flight. However, the boarding process in Goa was poorly handled. There was no proper boarding announcement for Club Premiere passengers, nor was the gate staff aware that we have priority in boarding. We pay a premium for some of these added perks and to see the Jet Airways staff bungle it is disappointing.
RouteGoa to Mumbai

"Worst flight ever"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Delhi via Amsterdam. Worst flight ever. I’ll never and ever travel in this flight again. Rude staff, bad service. As soon as I boarded the flight, the air hostesses told me that there is no space for the handbag inside the cabin. They placed my handbag inside the cargo space I think. When I tried to figure out why this all is happening, then one of their employee there said that you are lucky enough to have a seat. I was like since when did the flights started carrying passengers while standing. Literally I had to carry all the stuff by myself without a bag. It was such a horrible experience. Moreover, it is been more than 6 days that I have lodged the complaint but no outcome yet. Whenever I’m calling customer service and asking about any updates about my bag they say “we don’t know where your bag is yet give us 24 hours more to find” and I am like how many 24 hours you guys need to find one bag at Toronto airport.
RouteToronto to Delhi via Amsterdam
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"never book Jet Airways again"

Trip Verified | Trivandrum to Goa via Mumbai.There was a small typo in the last name of the passenger (Instead of o - it was u mentioned). After realizing the mistake we called up the airline for helping us out. But they didn't provide any help other than forcing us to cancel and rebook the ticket which costed us 350 dollar extra. Team doesn't value the money of customers and take advantage of the situation to make them book the same flight for double the amount. Would never book Jet Airways again.
RouteTrivandrum to Goa via Mumbai

"rudeness and unprofessionalism"

Trip Verified | Horrible experience. I had recently travelled with jet from London to Ahmedabad via Mumbai and back and had a pretty bad experience. The flight crew was extremely unwelcoming and rude. Any call for a cabin crew member on the flight asking for a landing card or water, was met with extreme rudeness and unprofessionalism. The food quality on the flight has gone down as well. The flight delays were not handled well and so many eledery passengers on the flight were harassed because of this at Mumbai airport. The airport staff was also extremely unprofessional and unhelpful and unaccommodating. My sister too took a flight from NYC to Ahmedabad and back and was harassed at the Mumbai airport after the long flight she had just taken from NYC. She was unfairly charge for her excess luggage, she was told by the Jet staff that her card had been declined twice when in fact she was charged twice on the card and then she had to run around the airport looking for an atm to withdraw cash. Jet Airways was once known for providing excellent in flight experience - with welcoming and hospitable staff, good food, and helpful airport staff but now has rude and unprofessional cabin crew and airport staff that perfom their jobs out of routine and boredom and do not provide the Jet experience. I will not ever be travelling with Jet again. Please learn something from other airlines like Singapore Airlines or Emirates, at least their staff is not unwelcoming and inhospitable.
RouteLondon to Ahmedabad via Mumbai

"unhelpful staff"

(Angola)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Jodhpur. Unreliable airline, unhelpful staff and confusing pre flight information made me miss my flight after check in and passport control procedures were done on time. The airline was changing departure time several times before the departure date and during the departure day.
RouteDelhi to Jodhpur
Date FlownDecember 2017

"service is not organised"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | I had very very bad experience travelling with Jet Airways Delhi to Riyadh. As the boarding started they called my name and said my luggage was stopped and I have to remove something from it. After I got luggage clearance I ran back to the gate. I finally made it to the plane. The crew service is not organised at all. You have to request them to serve you your food. They serve people randomly around you for some odd reason. They don't bother to show up when you press the light.
RouteDelhi to Riyadh
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"it wasn't a good experience"

Trip Verified | My family and I used Jet Airways to fly round trip from Toronto to Amsterdam. We choose them because of the price, but even considering that, it wasn't a good experience. The planet itself needed some upgrades and serious cleaning, the service was careless, horrible food, entertainment was ok if you like Bollywood movies. On the way back our luggage didn't make on time and it was delivered later. Three out of four bags were damaged. After multiple phone calls, I finally was directed to the right person. I was asked to send pictures. Over two weeks I was asked to send them again (they couldn't locate them). After two months of leaving unanswered messages and emails, I gave up. We were not refunded or even apologized to for the loss.
RouteToronto to Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2017

"not fly with Jet Airways again"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Dehradun return . I flew twice with Jet Airways, on my flight to Dehradun, the flight I booked was cancelled and I had to write Customer Service and rebook, as they put me on an earlier flight which would not have been able to get. On my flight back, they were 3 hours late taking off. All the Jet Airways flights that day were late and they were the only airline that was true for. Service was ok, not particularly friendly, looked like the Cabin Crew was having a real bad day. I would not fly with Jet Airways again.
RouteDelhi to Dehradun
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"steer clear of such airlines"

Trip Verified | London to Mumbai via Delhi. On the flight from Delhi to Mumbai they damaged my new bag. Upon meeting with the baggage services team at the airport, they refused to issue me with a Property Irregularity report - which is my right as a customer. Instead, the employee started harassing me saying that this is not worth his time and he cannot give a PIR for such cases. I said this is appalling behaviour and not how I expect Jet to treat customers. He then raised his tone and started saying that he is going to close the case immediately. It was only later when his superior intervened that they took my details and gave me an email address to correspond with. I send my entire case details to the baggage services email address and kept chasing - even after 2 weeks - they have not bothered to give any support. The problem seems to be with the culture of the employees who take customers for granted and don't want to offer them any service. Travellers should steer clear of such airlines.
RouteDelhi to Mumbai
Date FlownDecember 2017

"had the worst experience with them"

Trip Verified | London to Ahmedabad via Mumbai. When I was getting off my Delta flight I saw my luggage being unloaded in perfect condition. Then had to transfer to jet airways to fly to Mumbai and then to Ahmedabad. On my way to Mumbai all the passengers around me were served their lunch but me and my brother. I turned the call light on but there was no response by the air hostesses for approximately 40-50 mins. After I call out to air hostesses when she is passing by regarding my lunch she tells me that she will be getting it soon. That soon didn’t happen till next 30 minutes. Then after I asked for more snack it took her an hour to bring me the plate and by that time my hunger was gone. In all I would say the service in plane was so awful. Then when we get to the Mumbai airport our luggage didn’t make it so had to file complaint about it. They said That the luggage would be home by the evening I landed or might be the next morning. So when I didn’t get my bags in the promised time I had to go shop for clothes which was totally unexpected expence I had to make because the airlines could hold up thier end of the promise. Then I had to make plenty of phone calls to locate my bags and the only thing Jet Airways would tell me was that they couldn’t locate my luggage. Every time I called the customer service it took them about 40-50 minuets just to get on the line and have someone in-person to talk to. Then my father and my brother went to the airport when I didn’t get my bags for 3 days after not knowing where the luggage was. They talked to the manger after arguing with the staff. Finally they got my bags and they were in awful condition. 2 out of 4 bags were torn. I was so upset to see my bags torn and I went off on the agent who worked with Jet Airways. So after they said to file a case with customer service about it I said that they didn’t respond to me regarding that before when I filed for compensation for not having any clothing. They say that they will revert back within 24 hours which is false information. So then we leave with our luggage. People don’t fly by Jet Airways. Be ready to be treated the same was I was. They are really awful. I had the worst experience with them.
RouteLondon to Ahmedabad via Mumbai