Airline of the Year

Jet Airways

"everything was fine"

Verified Review | Kolkata to Mumbai. Boarding was through airbridge and organized zone wise where in passengers for last rows boarded first, and was orderly. Flight departed before scheduled time. A breakfast was served. But the portions were inadequate. Would have been rather okay if they would have charged for the meals. Flight landed ahead of schedule and deplaning was orderly. Overall barring the meal part of flying everything was fine.
RouteKolkata to Mumbai
Date FlownMay 2017

"appalled at quality of food"

Verified Review | Delhi to London Heathrow. Jet Airways staff were friendly but food is a vital part of airline travel. I was appalled at the quality and variety of food and beverages served on my flight from Delhi to London. I usually fly internationally in economy class on other airlines and wasn't prepared to get such low quality food and very limited beverage options. I had a vegetarian plate. Rice was not well cooked, vegetables was totally bland, bread was dry and hard. There was no chutney or pickle. The amount of dessert was so little that the bowl was filled to 1/4 of its capacity - there was no refreshing mint. Snacks include very sad "digestive" biscuits and some plastic salty snack. No fresh fruits or basic chocolates. The veg wrap had a crust from sitting for too long and was barely edible. The passenger next to me ordered the fruit platter. The fruit served smelled awful and I wondered how could my neighbour eat it. She left most of it untouched. It seems that Jet Airways is just checking the box "meal served" without worrying what is put on the plate.
RouteDelhi to London Heathrow
Date FlownMay 2017

"Cabin crew were attentive and efficient"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Clean and neat aircraft for less than 2 hrs flight from Mumbai to Chennai. It was a domestic flight within India and a morning flight. Reached flight via airport shuttle bus from the gate since no air bridge was available for this domestic flight. Cabin crew were attentive and efficient throughout the flight. Food service was quick.
RouteMumbai to Chennai
Date FlownMay 2017

"aircraft very poorly maintained"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | The Jet Airways aircraft from Doha to Mumbai was very poorly maintained with all seats torn and extremely dirty. It shows sign of non-maintenance for prolonged time. The leg room for aisle seat was ok and no complaints. The food was flat and plain accompanied with no bread, the quantity was inadequate as well. Being international flight, minimum cleanliness should be maintained but was able to witness dirt that was accumulated over time.
RouteDoha to Mumbai
Date FlownMay 2017

"unlikely I will fly Jet again"

Verified Review | Mumbai to London Heathrow. This is the sixth time I have flown a return trip to India with Jet. The ticket I had bought allowed me one free change of return date. When I tried to get Jet to change this I was told, for the first time, I would have to get my travel agent in England to do this. When I contacted my travel agent they told me that the fare I had booked was now full and I would have to spend another £195 to fly home in the same seat. I was directed to the small print which made this legal case. Although they were right legally, I wonder how this impacts their customers’ perceptions of value. Yes, I appreciate that there are a range of fares even in economy class, but does earning a few extra Rupees make more business sense than keeping Jet’s word to its customer, and leaving its customers delighted with their service? Another source of grumpiness was that Jet’s computer systems are not capable of supporting a change of return date. I had booked and paid for a window seat (£15), but the frontline staff were not able to give me my window seat for my new date. After several conversations, I was asked to pay again and they would then reimburse me. I used to like Jet because they had some good standards in the past. I was glad to see that boarding was enforced by zones so that the aircraft filled up smoothly from the rear. The entertainment system was good, and so was the food and service on the flight. But Jet has arguably the most uncomfortable seats of any long-distance airline I have flown. The only way to alleviate my discomfort was to use my pillow as extra padding. It is unlikely I will fly Jet again in the future.
RouteMumbai to London Heathrow
Date FlownMay 2017

"On-board service was good"

Verified Review | Flew Jet Airways from Lucknow to New Delhi with an onward connecting flight on Lufthansa. The Jet Airways counter at Lucknow will only allow you to check-in at the counter 2 hours before the flight. So, if you arrived at the airport 3 hours prior to departure, you will need to sit and wait. The ground staff applied "International Transfer" tag on my bag and gave me boarding passes all the way till my final destination in LAX. On-board service was good. Even for a short 1 hour flight, Jet Airways gave a vegetarian wrap for snack.
RouteLucknow to Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2017

"Jet is is on a penny-pinching drive"

Verified Review | Not sure what is happening at Jet Airways because they seem to be ignoring their own good standards. I was surprised to find an A330 on this route (Bengaluru to Mumbai) and then saw that it was almost full. What was disappointing that the ground staff did not apply their standard of seating passengers from the rear of the aircraft to help the boarding process. When I asked whay this was so, the person I asked just grinned and made some feeble excuse. We took of on time but had to circle over Mumbai for a long time (>30 minutes), but I don't hold that against the airline. On arriving at the gate, which was an air-bridge, passengers were kept standing for over 20 minutes. I'm not sure if this was because the air-bridge was inoperable or because Jet is is on a penny-pinching drive, judging by their other revenue-squeezing practices, such as wanting Rs 500 to book a seat. Eventually we were told that we would be taken to the terminal by busses, but only after all the passengers had to disembark using just the front steps. The plane was due to leave for Jabalpur, and this could not have helped to keep to their schedules. A far cry from the efficient and customer-focused airline I first encountered back in 2006.
RouteBengaluru to Mumbai
Date FlownMarch 2017

"Jet Airways has lost its focus"

Verified Review | Has Jet begun a policy or squeezing every last drop of money from its economy customers regardless of the long term effects this might have on loyalty? It claims to be a "full-service" airline but has policies with which Ryanair customers might resonate (and not very well). I have flown Jet to Mumbai six times in the last seven years and this was the first time I had to pay £15 each way to book a seat of my choice. For once, the boarding was to Jet standards and it went well thanks to one very active member of the ground staff who insisted we boarded by zones from the back. The flight was good and we arrived on time. My return trip, which starts tomorrow is another saga which has convinced me that Jet Airways has lost its focus. I cannot blame the front-line staff for all its ills as it is clear that they are not empowered (or trusted?) to do what is right for the customer and the airline. It lacks leadership and there is a sense of drift.
RouteLondon to Mumbai
Date FlownMarch 2017

"staff member was not interested"

Verified Review | London Heathrow - Delhi via Dubai with Jet Airways. Staff at London Heathrow printed my boarding pass through to Dubai and asked me to collect my next boarding pass in Dubai. When I reached Dubai there was a long queue that I had to stand in in order to get boarding pass printed. At the desk, the staff member was not interested in listening as to why I did not have my boarding pass. She started arguing saying it was my job to get my boarding pass printed in London. She said she did not have time to print my pass and for me to stand aside. I asked her colleague for help who also became rude towards me. The flight from Dubai to Mumbai was awful. Old plane from the 1990s with no comfort. On the way back to London, the passanger in the seat behind me insisted that she want to read a book and that I should keep my seat upright throughout. After 3 hours, I said I need to recline my seat and did so. The angry passanger continued to kick. Anyway to make experience worse the staff served me the wrong food and then they ran out of food.
RouteLondon to Mumbai via Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2016

"a comfortable night flight"

Verified Review | We flew London Heathrow - Delhi by Jet Airways last month, this is a comfortable night flight. PJs were given, dinner was available but as we had our dinner in the lounge we hit the comfortable flat bed for the night, no mattress provided which is a standard these days. The cabin temperature was comfortable, wash rooms clean but sparsely equipped in C class. The FAs were professional and well turned out. The Delhi - Pune flight was 737-800, which has 12 C class seats in front, adequate leg room and in 2 x 2 config. The FAs were professional but got the lunch order confused, couldn't work out what we wanted, the 2 hours flight was comfortable, and punctual.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER / Boeing 737-800