Top 100 Airlines

Jet Airways

"never encountered such a disgusting smell"

Chennai to Madurai. Seems like Jet Airways thinks it doesn't need to make any effort on this route. The scheduled time of my outward flight was changed three times (once while I was actually at the airport) - maybe this is a way of reducing delay statistics? Also the flight number was changed without me being informed, for no apparent reason except to cause confusion. As a result of all this I had to spend nearly three hours at Chennai airport, so resorted to using the lounge for a payment of 943 rupees - fairly small, with a limited food and drink selection but free wifi. The flight was OK except for the food and drink - 250ml bottle of water and inedible 'chicken' sandwich (or veg alternative) with a tiny kitkat. On the return journey I had the misfortune to use the toilet. I don't think I've never encountered such a disgusting smell in my life, it nearly made me vomit. I also now understand why the seats at the front of the plane were full, despite the only entrance and exit being steps at the back - the smell began wafting into the cabin. With a stifingly hot bus ride to arrivals, all in all a thoroughly unpleasant experience. I wonder if SpiceJet is any better.
AircraftATR72
RouteMAA to IXM
Date FlownMay 2016

"reasonably pleasant for Economy"

Verified Review | Mumbai to Singapore with Jet Airways. Award redemption booking done smoothly on-line. The trip was reasonably pleasant for Economy class. Web check-in was quick and airport verification/bag drop off fast. Boarding early and a bit chaotic, departure was slightly delayed due to ATC. Lunch was ample and tasty. Service businesslike, not friendly or unfriendly. IFE had a couple of movies I hadn't seen before so I was suitably entertained. Bags arrived within five minutes of me reaching the belt. My normal grouse with Jet is that they have reduced the seat pitch to the point of discomfort, but on this occasion I had the front row and an empty seat next to me, so not an issue this time.
RouteBOM to SIN
Date FlownApril 2016

"very pleasant cabin crew"

Mumbai to Bengaluru and return. Very pleasant cabin crew, clean aircraft, a good meal (had pre-ordered a low cal meal). It is good to see Jet Airways improve its game quite a bit. The legroom remains a bit of a challenge but other than that the seats are quite supportive and comfortable for the 2 hours or so domestic flights. With Indigo increasingly opting for the really uncomfortable slimline seats, I find Jet again becoming my preferred airline.
RouteBOM to BLR
Date FlownMay 2016

"onboard meal was fresh"

Verified Review | Vishakhapatnam to Delhi. This is the best airline for domestic in India. The seat recline at its best compared to other domestic airlines in India. On-board meal was fresh. On-time performance. Hospitality is good and polite attendants. Overall a good experience.
RouteVTZ to DEL
Date FlownMarch 2016

"flight was a disappointment"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | Kathmandu to Varanasi via New Delhi with Jet Airways. Check in with long queue and slow check in. Flight delayed twice without any information before (no email or even sms) from the company. All ground crew was below average. Sweets served onboard were stale. Overall, the flight was a disappointment and you should think carefully before using this company.
RouteKTM to VNS via DEL
Date FlownApril 2016

"difficult to get out of seat"

Goa to London via Delhi. We have traveled to India on many airlines, but our last encounter on Jet Airways was a nightmare. We were delayed 4.5 hours because there was a problem with the plane, but we were left on the plane all that time. We were kept informed three times during the whole experience. Once we were transported off the plane to another one (having boarding cards checked yet again). We started our journey and this was the most uncomfortable flight I have been on. The seats are hard, inflight entertainment was the same as the outward journey. The food was only just warm and when the seat in front of you is reclined it is very difficult to get out of your seat, anyone who is not agile will struggle. On a positive note, staff were very good, facilities were kept clean. The food would have been tasty if it had been warmer.
AircraftBoing 377
RouteGOI to LHR via DEL
Date FlownMarch 2016

"economy seating is so cramped"

(Finland)

We were rerouted due to BA being late departing BOM that day, Jet Airways was on time. Were happy to discover a newish B777-300ER on the Mumbai - London Heathrow sector and despite being seated far apart, the ground staff managed to get us together on this full flight. The joy soon faded after entering the aircraft because their economy seating is so cramped (3-4-3 across) and not enjoyable when the cabin is full. However, the cabin crew were very hard-working and customer oriented and the meals tasty for Economy, moreover, the IFE had a good selection and we managed to watch three films during the flight. The sound and picture quality was good. The most important thing is that landing at LHR was ahead of schedule, which left us enough time for transiting from T4 to T3 and have a bite before heading for the next flight. 5/10 for seating, 9/10 for meals and 10/10 for the excellent cabin crew.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteBOM to LHR
Date FlownMarch 2016

"most uncomfortable 9 hours"

Mumbai to London with Jet Airways, was probably the most uncomfortable 9 hours of my life. The seats are tiny and rock hard. Service is rushed, and food is more or less thrown at you. My wife and I never did get a hot drink throughout the flight - the staff just rushed past us. Inflight entertainment was fair though the touch screen isn't easy to use. We had travelled out to India by the same airline in business class which was fine, but there were 4 seats across the plane as against ten seats across the plane in economy, that says it all really. Never again!
RouteBOM to LHR
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"a pleasant surprise"

(Denmark)

Travelled Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City on the 7/3 2016 on a B737 machine with Jet Airways. Smooth check-in, seat wish and a few kilos of overweight were accepted without any remarks. Flight departure and opening of check-in counters were on time. They use AF's Skylounge in Cocourse C, to which one can pay access if not elite traveler. Once in the air and the seatbelt sign was turned off, only 10 minutes after take-off, a big tray of cold, canned beers was dished out to any thirsty economy passenger who wanted. Only 10 minutes still later, hot meals were already dished out smoothly. Quite acceptable food quality, 2-3 offers, inc. vegetarian. Staff nice and in good mood, despite the flight was almost full. More drink-rounds later. Generous luggage allowance. The flight duration is only 90 minutes but despite the short time, the pax were well pampered for. The ticket was promotional and costed me around 80 USD which was a true bargain. Staff hard working and managed well the many passengers. Calls by call-bell were addressed. No reasonable inquiries, requests, or orders were declined nor forgotten. A fully fledged airline, and a pleasant surprise after reading several negative reviews. Will fly again.
RouteBKK to SGN

"not at all satisfied"

Dubai to Kochi with Jet Airways - I have travelled twice with Jet and both times I was not at all satisfied with the airline. The aircraft was not properly cleaned, there was dirt on the tray and seats and the visibility through windows was poor. The entertainment screen is not easy to use and overall the interior of aircraft was so dull - it felt old. The only thing I liked was the meal which was fine.
RouteDXB to COK