Vote Now

Jet Airways

"staff member was not interested"

Verified Review | London Heathrow - Delhi via Dubai with Jet Airways. Staff at London Heathrow printed my boarding pass through to Dubai and asked me to collect my next boarding pass in Dubai. When I reached Dubai there was a long queue that I had to stand in in order to get boarding pass printed. At the desk, the staff member was not interested in listening as to why I did not have my boarding pass. She started arguing saying it was my job to get my boarding pass printed in London. She said she did not have time to print my pass and for me to stand aside. I asked her colleague for help who also became rude towards me. The flight from Dubai to Mumbai was awful. Old plane from the 1990s with no comfort. On the way back to London, the passanger in the seat behind me insisted that she want to read a book and that I should keep my seat upright throughout. After 3 hours, I said I need to recline my seat and did so. The angry passanger continued to kick. Anyway to make experience worse the staff served me the wrong food and then they ran out of food.
RouteLondon to Mumbai via Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2016

"a comfortable night flight"

Verified Review | We flew London Heathrow - Delhi by Jet Airways last month, this is a comfortable night flight. PJs were given, dinner was available but as we had our dinner in the lounge we hit the comfortable flat bed for the night, no mattress provided which is a standard these days. The cabin temperature was comfortable, wash rooms clean but sparsely equipped in C class. The FAs were professional and well turned out. The Delhi - Pune flight was 737-800, which has 12 C class seats in front, adequate leg room and in 2 x 2 config. The FAs were professional but got the lunch order confused, couldn't work out what we wanted, the 2 hours flight was comfortable, and punctual.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER / Boeing 737-800
RouteLondon to Pune via Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2017

"standards are degrading rapidly"

Verified Review | Mumbai to Guwahati via Kolkata, I again travelled by this airline because of it's timing was suiting me. After using it's toilet I found that there was no soap in dispenser. One of the crew members informed me that the matter was on the books but nobody cared to rectify it. Fortunately, another crew member gave me his personal face wash so that I can wash my hands. My other acquaintances had same kind of experiences with this airline recently. I'm travelling by this airlines since 20 years and I find that their standards are degrading rapidly. One would find better services at lower prices in other airlines.
RouteMumbai to Guwahati via Kolkata
Date FlownApril 2017

"old with no entertainment system"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Kozhikode to Doha. Late night departure, crew was welcoming. On board meal average and the airplane was old with no entertainment system. Toilets was messy through out the flight. Call bells was attended.
RouteKozhikode to Doha
Date FlownMarch 2017

"worst airline I have ever flown"

Verified Review | The worst airline I have ever flown with. Watching the check in of other passengers it was obvious the weight limit for baggage per passenger was breached. Most passengers had a minimum of 3 large hold suitcases and 2 to 3 large cabin cases. Boarding was chaotic, worse than a rugby scrum. As expected there was not enough room for cabin bags and many of these appeared to be up to 15 kilos each. Seats were very uncomfortable, no padding, were narrow and very short. If the passenger in front dropped their seat back you were wearing them in your lap. No instructions to raise seat backs whilst eating. Revolting food. Third world toilets. Rude staff. Not enough fluid offered for hydration. Had to wait 1 hour for baggage on the carousel since too many bags resulted in not enough space on the carousel. Pay more and go with a better airline since the travel to and from our holiday ruined the overall holiday experience.
RouteMumbai to London
Date FlownMarch 2017

"misled by Jet Airways staff"

Verified Review | Toronto to Amsterdam, connecting on El Al to Tel Aviv. The flights were fine, nothing exceptional. The big problem was that our luggage was delayed/lost both on our way to Tel Aviv and back. We checked several times if our luggage would be transferred to the final destination and we were misled by Jet Airways staff. Their customer service line for lost or delayed baggage was unresponsive. Their policies on the matter are also poor. I'll have to wait 21 days to be compensated for any potential damages or total loss.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteToronto to Amsterdam
Date FlownMarch 2017

"like a bus with too many seats"

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Mumbai. I had a very disappointing experience with Jet airways. I was attempting to upgrade my cabin from Economy to Premiere on my flight from Hong Kong to Mumbai. I made a payment through website using 2 different credit cards (AMEX and VISA). The website took the payment with VISA but reported an error both times when it was trying to generating a confirmation of my payment. I wasn't able to understand if my seat had been upgraded. I called their very unfriendly call center based in Mumbai. I was made to wait for over 30 minutes before i was routed to the right department and still no one was able to help me. I called multiple times and it cost me a lot to have those calls with Mumbai from Hong Kong with not much success. Finally the airport got me the upgrade but i wasn't able to obtain a proper receipt from Jet airways for the upgrade and have been calling and writing to their call center a number of times without any success. With this kind of poor and irresponsible customer service I would want to avoid Jet airways if I can in the future. Despite travelling business class (Premiere) the service in the cabin was poor and I was unable to get the food of my choice as highlighted in their menu card as they said it was finished. I can accept something like this in economy but not in premiere. The premiere cabin looks like a bus with too many seats in a small space making it feel very cramped and not business like where you can get any proper relaxation of comfort. I have traveled with 4 airlines in business in the last 2 months and this has been the worst experience overall. Its time to wake up and do something about this
RouteHong Kong to Mumbai
Date FlownMarch 2017

"6 flights, only 1 was on-time"

Verified Review | Flew Amsterdam to Delhi via Varanasi. Awful airline (especially for special diets and allergies): Indian customer service at its worst. I booked my whole Indian holiday with Jet Airways: out of 6 flights, only 1 was on-time (international had 5 hours delays while other companies for same destination were all on time). Forget about special diets, they have 2 choices: veg and non-veg. For the rest they’ll apologize a lot but you’ll never get your special on any flights. I traveled for 8 hours on 1 apple and a plate of fruit. Crew promised upgrade as compensation for next flight but it never happened. Staff ignore you, maybe because they don’t speak good English? Ground staff are useless as they can’t help with connecting flights. Neither will partner companies. Toilets are filthy, with pools of liquid on the floor, sinks were flooding. They were not cleaned once throughout the flight. In-flight entertainment is not relevant or old. Vintage movies and 10 year-old TED talks are the best you find. Do yourself a favor, book with any other company.
RouteAmsterdam to Delhi via VNS
Date FlownMarch 2017

"hard-working and motivated cabin crews"

(Finland)

Unverified | Domestic flights VNS-DEL and DEL-BOM on B738. THE VNS ground staff double checked our luggage allowance due to our Etihad Guest membership (if it's higher than the usual 15 kg), which was very good of them. Were very apologetic to charge us Rs. 500 per person for the luggage. Efficient turnaround and the 20-minute delay from VNS with a tight connection to BOM (9W742 and 9W376, respectively) was handled in an exemplary way by the Jet Airways ground staff at DEL Airport, were eventually the first to board the BOM flight. Both flights full, relatively new aircraft, hard-working and motivated cabin crews, hot snack on the VNS-DEL sector and a full dinner on the DEL-BOM sector. Perfect ground staff at VNS and DEL and perfect cabin crews plus an on time landing at BOM. A 10/10 would be quite appropriate given the good price we got but the tight legroom made the longer flight somewhat uneasy. Will fly Jet Airways again.
RouteVaranasi to Mumbai via Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2017

"experience I had was not acceptable"

Verified Review | I flew Jet Airways from Toronto to Kathmandu with two stop transit. The experience I had was not acceptable. On my return I travelled with my friend's wife and infant. She doesn't speak English or Hindi so I was helping her. We asked 3 different flight attendants for a child's meal on the flight from Mumbai to Amsterdam and all of them acknowledged by saying they would bring it but we never it got and no one came back with an answer. Customer service was poor with no smiles. They didn't ask what we wanted to eat, they simply give me what was left even though I wanted chicken, I ended up having a vegetarian meal. The washrooms were extremely dirty. I will not recommend with service like this.
RouteKathmandu to Toronto via BOM & AMS