Vote Now

Jet Airways

"6 flights, only 1 was on-time"

Verified Review | Flew Amsterdam to Delhi via Varanasi. Awful airline (especially for special diets and allergies): Indian customer service at its worst. I booked my whole Indian holiday with Jet Airways: out of 6 flights, only 1 was on-time (international had 5 hours delays while other companies for same destination were all on time). Forget about special diets, they have 2 choices: veg and non-veg. For the rest they’ll apologize a lot but you’ll never get your special on any flights. I traveled for 8 hours on 1 apple and a plate of fruit. Crew promised upgrade as compensation for next flight but it never happened. Staff ignore you, maybe because they don’t speak good English? Ground staff are useless as they can’t help with connecting flights. Neither will partner companies. Toilets are filthy, with pools of liquid on the floor, sinks were flooding. They were not cleaned once throughout the flight. In-flight entertainment is not relevant or old. Vintage movies and 10 year-old TED talks are the best you find. Do yourself a favor, book with any other company.
RouteAmsterdam to Delhi via VNS
Date FlownMarch 2017

"hard-working and motivated cabin crews"

(Finland)

Unverified | Domestic flights VNS-DEL and DEL-BOM on B738. THE VNS ground staff double checked our luggage allowance due to our Etihad Guest membership (if it's higher than the usual 15 kg), which was very good of them. Were very apologetic to charge us Rs. 500 per person for the luggage. Efficient turnaround and the 20-minute delay from VNS with a tight connection to BOM (9W742 and 9W376, respectively) was handled in an exemplary way by the Jet Airways ground staff at DEL Airport, were eventually the first to board the BOM flight. Both flights full, relatively new aircraft, hard-working and motivated cabin crews, hot snack on the VNS-DEL sector and a full dinner on the DEL-BOM sector. Perfect ground staff at VNS and DEL and perfect cabin crews plus an on time landing at BOM. A 10/10 would be quite appropriate given the good price we got but the tight legroom made the longer flight somewhat uneasy. Will fly Jet Airways again.
RouteVaranasi to Mumbai via Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2017

"experience I had was not acceptable"

Verified Review | I flew Jet Airways from Toronto to Kathmandu with two stop transit. The experience I had was not acceptable. On my return I travelled with my friend's wife and infant. She doesn't speak English or Hindi so I was helping her. We asked 3 different flight attendants for a child's meal on the flight from Mumbai to Amsterdam and all of them acknowledged by saying they would bring it but we never it got and no one came back with an answer. Customer service was poor with no smiles. They didn't ask what we wanted to eat, they simply give me what was left even though I wanted chicken, I ended up having a vegetarian meal. The washrooms were extremely dirty. I will not recommend with service like this.
RouteKathmandu to Toronto via BOM & AMS

"they lose my luggage"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Toronto. Worst experience ever. Not only did they lose my luggage, they have given me the run around and fake telephone numbers. They are rude and unhelpful. On the flight I took (transferring from El Al in Amsterdam) other customer I spoke to had their luggage lost and a terrible experience.
RouteAmsterdam to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"inability to improve food quality"

Verified Review | I have been flying with Jet Airways for over a decade. Have given them feedback on multiple instances about the food quality. Over the years the industry peers and the airline industry folks have also started to acknowledge Jet Airways inability to improve food quality. Reasons unknown to me. On my last flight from Bangalore to Delhi even the Crew accepted that they receive a lot of complaints about onboard food quality and that they have not been able to improve it for years now. Despite being a Platinum member, their staff directed me from pillar to post to get an upgrade despite presenting their own upgrade vouchers. They fail to acknowledge their own deeds (read upgrade vouchers). Anyhow, I believe they could be a better airline if it starts to keep the customer experience at the core of what they do. Alas today they don't. I am hopeful like my other colleagues and peers. But they don't have a long runway before they act on it and thats why many new airlines have started to beat Jet on multiple counts. I have uploaded a picture of a Low Calorie Meal that they served. Deep fried and full of oil.
RouteBangalore to Delhi

"seats unbelievably uncomfortable"

Verified Review | Mumbai to London with Jet Airways. Terrible food - on 8 hour 45 minute flight, lunch 1 hour after departure and then nothing until an hour before landing - not even any water! The lunch was the worst ever airline meal. The pre-landing food was yet another vegetarian wrap of appalling quality (like the ones we had had in the previous 3 weeks on 5 other flights with Jet Airways) with no alternative available. We were then offered 4 digestive biscuits! The flight was late with no explanation or apology. The seats are unbelievably uncomfortable - where you put your bottom was like sitting on wooden board - no padding. The seat pocket in front of me was broken at the bottom so even the in-flight magazine fell out, with the result I had nowhere to put anything. The pillow was filthy and had old food dried on to it. The seats were very dirty indeed. One toilet was blocked and failed to flush. The inflight entertainment is extremely poor in that there is no real choice of modern films and some are from decades ago.
RouteMumbai to London

"a very pleasant flight"

Verified Review | Chandigarh to Delhi by Jet Airways's Boeing 737-700. The check-in was quite comfortable. We were warmly welcomed by the cabin crew while boarding the aircraft. The aircraft seemed clean and the legroom was also nice. The seats were having a very soft cushioning therefore it was very comfortable for us to be seated from such a hectic journey. The seats were also quite wide enough. The food tasted fantastic and the cabin crew was responding quickly to the calls of the passengers. The flight departed and arrived on time. The lavatories did not smell much but they can improve in this field. Overall a very pleasant flight.
RouteChandigarh to Delhi
Date FlownJune 2016

"does not know why flight delayed"

Verified Review | Delhi to Hyderabad. When I am on way to Airport at 15.45 pm I got an sms stating that the flight 9w 768 scheduled to depart at 18.30 is delayed by 1 hr 30mins to 2000hrs. The staff while issuing boarding card informs me that the flight will take off at 2200 hrs. Staff does not know why the flight is delayed. No announcement or sms only came to know by display board that the flight is expected to be departed at 2300 hrs. Tried to take courtesy meal provided by Food Court at Airport which is very bad and unhygienic. I reached Hyderabad around 1.15 am.
RouteDelhi to Hyderabad

"service was excellent"

Verified Review | Bengaluru to Delhi. Easy and user-friendly website. It took just a minute to complete web check in. Though I forgot to bring printout of my boarding pass, I was able to reprint it on airport on self chekin kiosk. Boarding process started well in advance, and takeoff was on time. Seat was clean but leg room was little congested. Though seat panel has screen it was turned off because of domestic flight, I guess. Crew were friendly and attentive. Good quality food was served soon after takeoff. It would be great if they put little more options. Flight arrived before time and disembarkation was very quick. Overall service was excellent and I will fly with Jet Airways again.
RouteBengaluru to Delhi

"minimal hospitality services"

Verified Review | Mumbai to London, and a terrible travel experience with Jet Airways. Flight delays many happen with any airline, but not minimal hospitality services. My flight took off at 2am local time, they served dinner after 30 minutes, by which I was sleeping. Since I missed dinner, I had to wait until 10am local time for breakfast, and no refreshments or snacks were available. One lady next to me was waiting for coffee for 2 hrs. Since she is allergic to milk powder she asked regular milk in the coffee. Cabin crew finally served her request after 3 attempts.
RouteMumbai to London