Japan Airlines

Review by (Singapore) 19th June 2015

I flew on a return flight BKK - Tokyo Haneda - Osaka (Itami). My connecting flight from Haneda to Itami only had a 1 hr 20 min gap so by the time I cleared immigration and customs I only had around 30 mins left to my connecting flight. The check in gate for the connecting flight had closed and the ground staff could have asked me to carry my own luggage but instead helped arrange for my luggage to be brought up the plane by the airport staff, and gave me good and clear instructions on how to get to the domestic terminal. My return flight from Osaka to Tokyo was supposed to be at Kansai Airport, but I overlooked it and went to Itami instead. The ground staff at Itami helped arrange my partner and I to be on the next flight out from Itami to Haneda, even though they could have asked me to travel to Kansai for my flight instead. The seating space was just okay, nothing to commend or complain about. Choice of shows and movies in the inflight entertainment was a little low, not as many choices as other airlines I've flown. Food was just okay, nothing fancy but also can't compare to the other airlines I've flown with. I must say that the flight attendants are very polite and attentive.
RouteBangkok to Osaka via Tokyo

Review by (Philippines) 16th June 2015

Arrived Early at Manila Airport. Airline Security were friendly and accommodating. Only Few counters were opened. one for One world, one for J-class and 2 for Y-class, which makes the queue waiting time longer. Staff were friendly too. The plane was newly refurbished B767 Sky Suite with added leg space and bigger LCD monitor. Food was ok, didn't know that there is only one menu choice on board.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteMNL to NRT

Review by (Philippines) 15th June 2015

This time going back to MNL from NRT. Easy check in. No long queue. friendly ground staff too. Smooth boarding process. Food was ok, again, no selection of food on board. the Cabin crew were always busy and non stop in offering drinks and safety reminders such is fastening seatbelt and will be a minor turbulence shortly. The only time they rested was during take off and Landing. Will take this airline again in the future.
AircraftB767
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteNRT to MNL

Review by (Ireland) 1st June 2015

Flew Tokyo HND to Paris CDG on 29th May 2015. At Haneda there was a long queue at check-in as there were not enough desks open. Staff were very polite though. On board staff were very polite and friendly. The safety instruction video was very poor. Missed a lot of the details usually included. We were served a lunch 2 hours after take-off. Food was decent I went for the Japanese meal. A decent main course with a number of small sides and ice cream for dessert. Good drinks selection. Throughout the flight crew were available with drinks and snacks. 2 hours before landing we were served dinner which consisted of a DIY hamburger. That was very disappointing and not what you would expect from a major international carrier. Entertainment selection was very poor with just a few films and tv programmes to choose from. System was slow and unresponsive. Seats and pillows were comfortable. And the plane was in good condition. Overall staff were excellent but the service was disappointing.

Review by (Ireland) 1st June 2015

Review by (United States) 29th May 2015

Haneda/Itami(Osaka)/Narita. Business Class. Outbound flight was fairly dismal from check in where the agent tried to tell me I had only paid for 2/3 of the ticket? To the very worn 777 with pathetic legroom and service (only non alcoholic drinks offered in paper cup). On time was the best I could say. The second leg was an improvement with no attempted rip off at check in but the new (ish) 737-800 was cramped 2/3 seating in business class and the same pathetic paper cup offerings. ANA next time!

Review by (United States) 29th May 2015

Review by (Thailand) 20th May 2015

Flew BKK-KIX-LAX-KIX-BKK in economy class All 4 flights were on Dreamliners and this was one of the best airline experiences I ever had. Check in was easy at both Bangkok and LAX the windows were open when I arrived and the line was short. The smaller plane made check-in boarding and exiting the plane far easier than with a larger plane and I liked the interior of the Dreamliner. I'm 194cm tall and was able to get a bulkhead or emergency exit seat of 3 of the 4 flights at no extra charge The staff performance and courtesy was flawless the food was good and even in economy class they said you could order anything off the menu any time you want. My flight from KIX to LAX was delayed 2 hours since they had to reposition a plane but I was paged and given a 1500 Yen meal voucher and an apology. I'd last flown JAL in 2008 and liked them and they are just as great now.

Review by (Thailand) 20th May 2015

Review by (Japan) 12th May 2015

Flew BKK-HND 6 hours or so flight time. After that again on domestic flights from HND-OKA and back for a mileage run. International leg: Round trip (HND-BKK). The way there was a 787-800 flight and it was fantastic. Food was fine staff was excellent. Always lets everyone know when the seatbelt signs would turn on and asks everyone to tend to their business before turning them on. The food (clam chowder) wasn't perfect but that's understandable didn't expect it to taste perfect after 4 hours on the plane and served as breakfast. The way back was better with rice and egg+meat. Overall the seat spacing weren't very spacious but what I remember of them was their punctuality. All flights I took (8 flights) were all on time. Domestic: round trip (HND-OKA). Overall was good. Would be better with some food to it but since its domestic didn't expect much. Seats were perfect. Very spacious and with a 1000 yen (10 USD or less) upgradable to Class J (domestic version of business class) and that was perfect for price and value. Overall very satisfied. They would be my airline of choice from now on.