Best Cabin Crew

Japan Airlines

"uneventful flight"

First time in years with Japan Airlines from Honolulu to Narita. It was booked as a package with hotels.com and the site understands the International Date Line. HNL the agent sorted out the boarding passes and we were away. Loaded swiftly, rapid push back and away. At over nine hours, it is a long flight but the drinks came around quickly, followed by a good enough meal. The seat back entertainment was mixed but there seemed to be something for everyone. Certainly it worked for me, along with another sake or two. Nice small snack prior to landing. Not a bad flight. The return left left at 10pm, as Narita airport was closing. A quick, non to pleasant meal was handed out, along with "Breakfast". Uneventful flight really. Landed just fine. It is odd to leave at 10pm and land lunchtime the same day. That is the dateline for you. I have to say, the flights offer great value and are of a good enough standard. They also honour rewards of other One World carriers. I would be happy to use JAL again
RouteHNL to NRT

"very decent legspace"

Tokyo Narita to Sydney. Having flown this route in the past year and having had a mediocre experience, Japan Airlines have changed to the 777-300ER from the old 777-200s, now providing some very decent legspace for economy. Service is top notch with regular refreshments and food served. Inflight entertainment was slightly lacking in choice, but the large, new touchscreen systems a joy to use. The food on both flights of my return trip was amazing. Inflight wifi was available at a reasonable price. The cost of the return trip was barely more expensive than flying with Jetstar. I will choose JAL for my flights to Japan from now on.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteNRT to SYD

"amazing service"

(Thailand)

Bangkok to Tokyo. This was the first time I flew with Japan Airlines and this is the best airline I have ever flown. Food was delicious. The flight attendants care for passengers and paid attention to detail. During the flight, the lady sat behind me was faint and at that time I was half sleeping half awake and thought that some trivial incident might happen. Because it was not that loud when people talking. When the flight landed, I turned and saw a staff standing next to the lady who lay down on the seats and later I knew that she might had the low blood pressure. That staff even asked me if I was hungry because she did not want to wake me up and serve the food. Flight attendants were smiling most of the time they served passengers. I chose to fly with Japan airline for the first time because of the price, but next time, Japan Airline will be the first airline that I think of before flying. Thank you for the amazing service.
RouteBKK to HND
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"best value business class"

Japan Airlines return flights to Paris from Sydney, with one week stopover in Tokyo. Even though I have been to Tokyo (typically on QF or CX) this is my first experience with Japan Airlines. I have avoided them in the past due to the non flat business class seats they were offering for the SYD-NRT sector. However, they have changed the aircraft on this sector, and Japan Airlines offered one of the best value business class tickets to Paris from Sydney plus the opportunity to stopover in Tokyo. I was very impressed - the flights and experiences were almost faultless. The flatbed seats equipped with optional mattresses were wonderful, all seats have aisle access, the staff and service were excellent, the food and beverage offering (esp if you like japanese food) was great, all flights were punctual and arrived on time or earlier than scheduled. Huge TV screens (23inch), excellent Bose noise cancelling headphones, quality amenity bags (Tumi and Zero Haliburton), good and improving selections of entertainment options. If I were to quibble, Japan Airlines could improve their amenity bags by providing better skincare products and provide a larger and thicker pillow. Certainly, from a value for money perspective, Japan Airlines has become my preferred airline for business class trips to Europe especially if a stopover in Japan is desired. Next to try are the new ANA and Qatar Airways flights from Sydney.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSYD to CDG via NRT
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"enjoyed all aspects of this flight"

Friendly and very efficient service from Japan Airlines flying from Boston to Tokyo. Food was gourmet-like, having chosen the Japanese fare from the menu. I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of this flight, and the reason for taking the time to write is to give mention the outstanding personnel on board.
RouteBoston to Tokyo

"seats not comfortable "

(Japan)

Midnight flight from Tokyo Haneda to Bangkok with Japan Airlines. Bread, rice crackers, and drinks were served after take off. As the aircraft was quite old, the seats were not comfortable and the PTV were not as good. Breakfast was quite good but there were no options to choose from. There were Bangkok-based cabin crew as well and they were as professional as their Japanese counterparts.
RouteHND to BKK

"would recommend them"

Tokyo Narita to Chicago with Japan Airlines. I'm a large guy so I asked for a window seat on exit row if available. I was given a window seat behind a partition which was even better. A 12-hour flight is no fun, but JAL made it an acceptable experience. The flight attendants are the best and so polite! I would recommend them.
RouteNRT to ORD
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"not a very pleasant flight"

Osaka Itami to Oita with Japan Airlines, and a bad impression, no apologies offered when flight was delayed by nearly an hour due to operational reasons, given the actual flight itself is a bit longer than an hour! Small aircraft but OK seats. No drinks or snacks offered on this flight, not even water. Cabin attendants were nice but they looked tired. Not a very pleasant and cheap flight considering the length of flight and service offered, I paid 18,000 yen for this journey.
RouteITM to OIT
Date FlownAugust 2015

"an enjoyable flight"

Tokyo Haneda to Oita with Japan Airlines. A very efficient experience at Haneda airport, instant check in for economy class. No long lines for security and quick boarding. How I wish all airports were like that. An enjoyable flight, about 2/3 full and excellent service. Would not hesitate to fly JAL again. For economy class, the seats were comfortable.
RouteHND to OIT
Date FlownNovember 2015

"excellent flight and service"

Vancouver to Manila via Tokyo Narita with Japan Airlines. The crew were very nice, efficient and with a smile in giving service. I requested for a front row seat because of problems to my legs and they allocated that to me. They staff were asking me of how am I doing, if I'm comfortable with the front seat and I felt they cared for my well being. Thank you so much to the crew of this flight. I will definitely recommend my friends and families to choose Japan Airlines. Excellent flight and service.
RouteYVR to MNL via NRT