Japan Airlines

"Excellent customer service"

Verified Review | Busan to Sydney via Tokyo. Excellent customer service! I was 32 weeks pregnant at the time of travelling and without me asking for any assistance all the staff I encountered were genuinely hospital, diligent & attentive. The lady who helped me at the transfer desk in Narita airport led me to a seat so I could sit down while she processed my request. And cabin crew on board came and spoke to me at different times of the flight to ask how I was feeling and if I needed anything. As the flight wasn't full they also asked the lady next to me to move to the next seat over to give us both extra room - she was happy to oblige. At the end of the flight, I was given a little gift for my new baby which had some toys and also a little JAL model plane. The crew had written a personal message to me offering their congratulations with all the details of that days flight written on it - a lovely keepsake. The food is of a high standard for airline food and they presented a picture menu so you could make your decision more easily. The toilets were kept clean and well stocked. Overall an excellent airline. This was my third long flight with JAL and each time the customer service has been excellent - which is a priority for me when flying.
RouteBusan to Sydney via Tokyo
Date FlownJune 2017

"the cabin was very clean"

(Japan)

Verified Review | The very flight happened to be Japan Airlines 50th Anniversary of Tokyo-Kuala Lumpur route. I got my class of service upgraded from Economy to Premium Economy at the time of check in for nominal charges. The seats of the aircraft was very nice and the cabin was very clean. Some negative things to note. The food. The menu was introduced to have been developed by Naomi Iijima, a food "designer". I had a small bite of everything and none of them was acceptable. Though "designed" to look fancy, everything tasted terrible. I'd say "regular" meal that you'd expect on economy class by other airlines would be far better. Cabin Attendants English was not good. Very unclear and hard to understand. The attitude of CA towards passengers was not something that worth a compliment. Cabin Entertainment menu offered is quite limited. The flight arrived at KL and was greeted with water arch. At least that was a little fun.
RouteTokyo to Kuala Lumpur

"a perfect flight again"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | JAL continues to shine! This is not the first time I rode Japan Airlines but it never fails to impress. The cabin attendants from Tokyo to Dallas were all outstanding. They did not only smile but cared for every passenger genuinely. They paid close attention to details such as walking softly so as not to disturb passengers. Meals were elegant and plentiful. The seat has a lot of privacy and Japan Airlines further increased comfort by providing mattress. Overall a perfect flight again!
RouteTokyo to Dallas
Date FlownMay 2017

"top notch in every aspect"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Japan Airlines is top notch in every aspect, in particular its inflight catering and the hospitality from the cabin attendants. During the 4 hour flight from Hong Kong to Tokyo Haneda, all cabin attendants were very proactive in helping passengers. They did not only serve with smile but I could feel their passion in caring on every passenger and their attention to details. The aircraft was equipped with SkySuite III with excellent cabin condition, including lie flat seat and huge personal TV screen. Slippers and other amenities were provided. All ground staff in HKG were very professional and well trained. With high expectation before the flight, I could say my expectations were all fulfilled and the flight was perfect!
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER
RouteHong Kong to Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownMay 2017

"this was an excellent flight"

Verified Review | This was an excellent flight from Paris CDG to Tokyo Narita. Compared to Premium Economy on some airlines, JAL seems to provide more space, with a hard but quite comfortable seat, a big table and entertainment screen, and a good legrest that really helped provide support. I can't usually sleep much on flights but on this one slept for around 5 hours. Food is standard economy (with a few extras such as champagne) but good in terms of both quantity and quality. The plane seemed new and was kept clean throughout, and there were useful extras such as mouthwash available in the toilets. I would definitely fly Japan Airlines again.
RouteParis CDG to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownMay 2017

"the best for economy seat"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Tokyo Narita to Moscow Domodedovo. The Japan Airlines Boeing 787 is a good aircraft for economy class and the best for economy seat. Food is good and it's of course Japanese food served. For a cabin crew service it's good. Overall it's good service from a 4-Star airline!
RouteTokyo to Moscow
Date FlownApril 2017

"No JAL good service"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Tokyo return via Los Angeles. We thought she was going to fly JAL, and the JAL website advertised delicious looking Japanese food. After booking we found out that the flights were operated by American Airlines. No JAL good service and great food. The food on the flights was junk American Airlines food. Marginally edible. We feel ripped off and will never consider booking with Japan Airlines again.
RouteLas Vegas to Tokyo via Los Angeles
Date FlownApril 2017

"topped other airlines"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Tokyo. This airline topped other airlines I have flown with before! Before my flight I had a few questions about my booking so I decided to email them. I was surprised that I got answer the following day! Same goes for the phonecall. I called since I had a codeshare ticket, and the online check-in did not work for me. I expected to be waiting on the line, and was so surprised when a very cheerful woman answered after a few seconds! It was my first long-haul solo flight and I felt a bit anxious. Without saying anything to the staff, they would check on me very often, making sure I was comfortable. The staff was very competent, and spoke Japanese, English, and German. The time on the flight to Tokyo passed very quickly thanks to the inflight entertainment.
RouteFrankfurt to Tokyo
Date FlownMarch 2017

"above my expectations"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Japan Airlines is excellent. First flight was from Osaka to Los Angeles. Solidly good with good departure and arrival time. Also flew from Narita to the Philippines and both experiences were above my expectations. I had arrived early at the airport and they let me choose my seat on the plane. The Japanese staff are world class! It was my first time flying across the Pacific and they made my flight very comfortable. The cabin crew were very attentive, helpful and accommodating. The food was good, there was no charge for liquor and the lavatory was fairly clean. Great selection of movies to pass the time. They could do better if they provided the inflight wifi service, but aside from that, definitely would fly with them again.
RouteOsaka to Los Angeles
Date FlownDecember 2016

"crew on both flights were indifferent"

(Japan)

Verified Review | Both legs (Haneda-Bangkok, Bangkok-Haneda) were red-eye flights. The quality of catering was much better on the outbound flight (HND-BKK). However, there were no choices on both legs. I really think Japan Airlines should provide meal choices for their passengers. Service-wise, the crew on both flights (BKK-HND) were indifferent and not really friendly towards the passengers. There were Bangkok-based crew as well, and there is a big difference among the Bangkok-based crew. Some were really good but some were not so friendly.
AircraftBoeing 777-200, Boeing 777-300