Top 100 Airlines

Iran Air

"seat was comfortable"

Tehran to Cologne with Iran Air. A wonderful airline with good service. The flight took 5 hours and we had 2 meals - breakfast with 2 breads and a lot of other things and lunch was chicken with saffron rice and a small salad, yogurt and a cake. Drinks were also for free. My seat had enough space and it was comfortable. A small delay of 20 minutes but that was because some passengers were late.
RouteIKA to CGN
Date FlownMay 2016

"the worst experience"

Verified Review | I had a flight from Tehran to London on 5th May 2016 in economy class. My baggage allowance was 40 kg according to my ticket. I did not have any cabin bag. My baggage altogether was 42 kg. One of the Iran Air staff members at Tehran Airport asked me to remove the extra 2 kg from my baggage as I was only allowed the 40kg allowance. I explained that I did not have any cabin baggage, she was rude and asked me to remove this extra baggage, pay or cancel your flight. I asked for her manager who came and gave permission for my 42 kg baggage and to continue onto my flight. I always fly with Iran Air, this was the worst experience I have had.
RouteIKA to LHR
Date FlownMay 2016

"seats were large"

I travelled business class of Iran Air from London and Tehran return on an A300 / A310. Servisair lounge at Heathrow was very poor, the lounge at Tehran was very good and comfortable with a reasonably good selection of food, cold and hot drinks. Although the aircraft was old, the seats were large and with ample legroom. Catering was very good and generous, with a good choice of appetisers, sides, mains and dessert. Flight attendants were kind and caring.
RouteLHR to IKA
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"crew were jovial"

Frankfurt to Tehran, and having been in various European and North American flights I was expecting Iran Air to be poor and possibly bad service. However, the crew were jovial and very helpful. Food was delicious, and fresh. Great take off and landings of the pilots, it was smooth.
RouteFRA to IKA
Date FlownMarch 2015

"was very interesting

Being an American, visiting Iran was very interesting, let alone flying an Iranian airline. But I was pleasantly surprised. The Iran Air crew spoke very good English, food was delicious, and the flight was very cheap. I was very scared to fly on an A300 in 2015 operated by Iran Air, but it was very well maintained. I'd fly Iran Air again if my Iran visa application is approved again!
RouteStockholm to Tehran
Date FlownJune 2015

"staff professional and very friendly"

I flew Tehran to Rasht with Iran Air in an Airbus A330. Everything was okay and the flight was on time on time. Nice and sufficient breakfast (meal box) for less than a one hour flight! Staff professional and very friendly.
RouteTehran to Rasht
Date FlownJuly 2015

Iran Air customer review

Esfahan Tehran on an ancient Fokker 100. Flight was on time cabin clean and well kept seat pitch more than sufficient. Staff were very friendly and a nice lunchbox was served for this 1hr flight.

(South Africa)

MXP-IKA flight IR750 August 8 Airbus 600-300 return. Airbus 321-300 Flight IR739 August 20 Tehran - Rome. Both flights on time. Aircraft dated but well maintained and clean perhaps toilets should have received more attention during the flight. Seating: good leg space comfortable seats.

Iran Air customer review

LHR-IKA-LHR on Airbus A300-600. The inbound flight is currently a bit long as planes need to land in Ljubljana for refuelling loosing 1hr on the actual travel time. The seats are very old and comfy plenty of legroom. The staff were professional and spoke very good English. My friend pre ordered a vegetarian meal and it was not a problem. The food was tasty. I asked for a second portion and got one without a problem. IranAir does not serve any alcohol but that's part of the current Iran experience I guess. Obviously given this is a rather old Aircraft they don't have personal screens but can only show films on a large screens but at least they showed a good film. I highly recommend IranAir.

Iran Air customer review

IR 232 THR-SYZ. When we reached the national Airport at Tehran our flight was 2 hours delayed without any further information. So had 2 hours before we could check-in. Entering an older Fokker 100 we were warmly welcomed by the crew. After takeoff we got a lunch box containing a sandwich with turkey some sweets and water. Afterwards they served also other soft drinks. Staff was always very friendly. So the flight was good only the delay was not so good.