Insel Air

Seat Comfort N/A
Staff Service N/A

Review by (Aruba) 22nd September 2014

I traveled with Insel air June this year from Aruba via Curacao to Suriname. At the check-in counter I asked the lady to label my luggage all the way to Suriname. In Curacao I discovered that it was not done and since I was in transit they had to intercept my luggage and change labels. After 2 hours and repeatedly asking it was finally done. We had a delay of approx. 1 hour. The aircraft was pretty old and packed with embassy and refinery people and there was a fight about a seat police had to escort a couple off the plane which resulted in another 45 minutes delay. Cabin staff mishandled the issue and shouldn't have allowed the 'back and forth' scenario. My return flight date had to be postponed so I sent Insel Curacao an email followed up with calls to Curacao but the person in charge was never available. After a lot of calls and emails we never got an answer. I decided to fly SLM back to avoid more issues with Insel Air.

Review by (Aruba) 22nd September 2014

Review by (United Kingdom) 14th September 2014

August 2014 Aruba-Curacao-Bonaire Bonaire-Curacao Curacao-Miami - All of the flights were late but without any explanation. In Curacao for the flight to Miami we could see the plane being loaded and fuelled over an hour before take off but they said they could only board one flight at a time and the three earlier flights to other destinations were late and we had to wait for them to board until we did. Took off nearly 1 hour late. On the flight to Bonaire we took off from Aruba nearly 2 hours late. When we got to Curacao we were rushed off the plane to the terminal through security and then rushed back onto the plane we had just come off!! When we asked why we could not have just stayed on the plane we were told they had not thought of that. Terrible customer service and some of the oldest planes I have flown on for a long time. My seat was coming apart on the Miami flight.

Review by (United Kingdom) 14th September 2014

Review by (United States) 8th July 2014

June 2014 - we booked tickets in April for our flight on Saturday June 21. We got an email the night before our flight that the flight had been cancelled and would depart on Sunday instead. When we arrived at Miami airport to check in on Sunday the agent said we never fly to Aruba on Saturdays! That flight ended up being 3 hours late leaving Miami. To make it worse our return flight messed up our luggage and took it to the wrong terminal and it all had to be searched by customs again. We sat in Miami airport for 5 hours after arriving to get our luggage. When we asked for information or what was being done no one could tell us! The plane was dirty and shabby. The worst airline experience.

Review by (United States) 8th July 2014

Review by (United States) 27th March 2014

February 7 2014 Caracas-Curacao-Aruba. The ticket was expensive for a short distance of little more than 1 hour total travel time. We experienced the following disaster: 3 Insel staff told me that a boarding pass would be issued to us for the Curacao-Aruba portion of our trip when we arrived in Curacao instead of being issued in Caracas. In Curacao no plane had been scheduled to take us to Aruba. No explanation was given about what transportation was available until we demanded answers. No flight numbers were ever posted in Curacao for the leg of my trip to Aruba. I received different versions of why my flight was not available from staff. After hours of negotiation with different airline staff a flight was put together for us and other upset customers. It left late in the day and caused many persons including us to miss their connecting flights out of Aruba and to forfeit their tickets on other airlines. I arrived 3 days late to my destination in the USA.

Review by (United States) 27th March 2014

Review by (United States) 17th March 2014

My family just returned from a nice vacation at Curacao. We flew Insel Air from Charlotte NC direct to Curacao. No complaints regarding the outbound and return flights. The outbound flight was on time and the return flight was ~ 30 minutes delayed. Insel's customer service was above par. Previously to taking the flight I was sceptical about flying on Insel given some of the reviews however our experience was quite good so we will definitely fly Insel again.

Review by (United States) 17th March 2014