Vote Now

Icelandair

"value was not that great"

Verified Review | Flew Reykjavik to Toronto. Delayed by 45 minutes (for both my flights with Icelandair). They did not provide any meal or snacks for a 6 hour flight (actually 7 hours with the delay). Inflight entertainment had no good selection, very outdated movies and limited selection. Airline also interrupted my entertainment several times to sell their products. Value was not that great since it was more expensive than other similar flights from other airlines.
RouteReykjavik to Toronto

"a dismal experience"

Verified Review | Seattle to Keflavík roundtrip in Saga Class, Icelandair's premium product. The only reason to fly Icelandair is because the alternatives to get to Iceland from the West coast of the USA are worse. The only redeeming feature of Icelandair is, they are mostly on time and they don't lose your baggage. Other than that, the airline does not do anything to make the premium paying passenger experience pleasant or less unpleasant. At Keflavík airport, which is a zoo these days, there is no separate security screening line for Saga Class. At the Saga Lounge, vegetarians have very limited options. The aircraft are old, cabins are unkempt and the toilets dirty. The Saga Class seats are from the silent movie era. Coffee is served in paper cups, and those with dietary restrictions are out of luck if you forget to pre-order a special meal. All in all, Icelandair is a dismal experience.
AircraftBoeing 767 / 757
RouteSeattle to Keflavík

"kept delaying flights"

Verified Review | Paris to Denver via Keflavik. Icelandair kept delaying flights and ended up cancelling. They sent around a worker handing out vouchers for dinner at 10pm saying our crew was on the way and then cancelled 30 minutes later without an announcement. We noticed our flight wasn't on the screen and had to wait another 2 hours in a line to get a hotel. Now we're in the hotel line going on an hour.
Aircraft757
RouteParis to Denver via Keflavik

"staff were so friendly"

Verified Review | Flew Icelandair from Glasgow to Keflavik. Fantastic flight from start to finish, got a perfect seat with extra legroom for no extra charge, selected online before departure. Staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us! The inflight entertainment system on the 2 hour flight was a great bonus, overall I thoroughly enjoyed my flight and will definitely use the airline in the future as I could of easily stayed on the aircraft for another 5/6 hours!
RouteGlasgow to Keflavik
Date FlownApril 2017

"Everyone was sitting on the floor"

Verified Review | Boston to Reykjavik. The flying part was fine. Thank goodness for that. But when we arrived at Keflavik we sat on the runway a long time waiting for what the captain referred to as our "parking space." After several updates saying we were about to dock, he then started driving around the airport looking for another "parking space." On the way back, we got to our gate and there were no chairs! None. Everyone was sitting on the floor! After a while, with no announcement, we noticed a very slow-moving line had formed. It turned out to be a line for buses. Which came, like, one every 15 minutes. Also, on both occasions in Keflavik, there were alarms going off in the terminal that sounded like smoke alarms.
RouteBoston to Reykjavik
Date FlownApril 2017

"staff very helpful and friendly"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Denver via Keflavik with Icelandair. The flights were excellent and the inflight entertainment was very good. Staff were friendly and helpful. Due to ATC problems at KEF, the flight left LHR two hours late and I missed my connection to DEN, but the service desk staff were very helpful and were able to get me onto the next flight the day after and a hotel room for the night free of charge. The flight to DEN left about two hours late due to the aforementioned ATC problems. In conclusion, the staff were all very helpful and friendly, even in circumstances beyond their control and the in flight entertainment was excellent.
AircraftBoeing 767 / 757
RouteLondon Heathrow to Denver via Keflavik
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"my first and last trip on Icelandair"

Unverified | Never had flown them before a week-long trip to Iceland. Initially thought I'd been thrown into time warp of flying Pan Am, with flight attendants dressed up, wearing pill box hats, tons of make up and high heels. But that's where the service ended. I'd been told by friends that Iceland people tend to be more reserved, and found this to be true with the flight attendants. There was no warmth or helpfulness, just a perfunctory manner of handing out the drinks in a somewhat cool and detached manner. It is somewhat surprising to be on an 8-hour flight and receive only a soft drink, not even a meal or a snack. I can't think of another airlines who doesn't serve complimentary food on a flight that long. We didn't even get peanuts or pretzels. Also, the seats are very uncomfortably hard for such a long flight. I found myself trying to stretch just to keep my back side from going numb. This combined with the chaos that is Keflavik airport will probably mean this is my first and last trip on Icelandair.
RouteReykjavik to Denver

"Not impressed at all"

Verified Review | I traveled from Toronto to Munich via Keflavik in Economy Class by Icelandair. Not impressed at all and will not recommend to others. Paid for ticket 800CAD and was surprised to learn that they don't offer complimentary food. My friends flew by Air Canada (same route Toronto-Munich) and were offered food twice- dinner and breakfast, and also complimentary wine. Even if I wanted to buy their food on board the selection was very very limited. Poor entertainment on board- total 20 movies, 6 of them were for kids, 14 for adults for all genres, headphones - only for purchase. Finally, my luggage was delayed by 2 days. No Icelandair representative at Munich airport as they don't want to pay for the desk at the airport, very poor service. Felt that they heavily rely on tourists to support economy but fail to provide adequate service to match the cost.
RouteToronto to Munich via Reykjavik
Date FlownMarch 2017

"this is not business class"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Paris via Keflavik. I was warned that you get what you pay for and the benefit is the stopover so I wasn't expecting the level of service you would see with other airline. The staff were efficient albeit not overly friendly. The aircraft was clean and the service was good. There are 20 movies at most and all but 1 were ancient ones. The food choice was limited but good. The issue is that this is really premium economy and not business class. The seats are cramped and on top of one another. There is virtually no recline and it felt like sitting on a brick. The person in front of you is in your lap. It was as uncomfortable as the seats on a regional jet. The free stopover is the only reason to take this flight. If you want true business class it is not found on Icelandair.
RouteNew York JFK to Paris via Keflavik

"I was quite impressed"

Verified Review | I flew to London Heathrow from Edmonton return via Keflavik in Economy Class. I was quite impressed with Icelandair and will fly with them again. Flying time from Edmonton to Keflavik is just over 6 hours and Keflavik to London is just under 3 hours. I was well aware that there was not going to be food served so I was proactive and brought a lunch with me. On the way home you can always buy a few wraps or a sandwich at the airport. In my case i did pre purchase the ham and cheese baguette from the Saga Kitchen which was tasty but over priced. FAs' very friendly. Aircraft were clean, and modern. Boeing 767 from LHR to KEF was excellent. Newly refurbished plane with big modern IFE. My only complaint is that of the gate staff at KEF. Very poor communication and they appeared to not really know what was going on. In my case my flight going into LHR from KEF was delayed and there was very little communication from the gate staff as she did not appear to know what was going on nor did she give the impression that she cared.
AircraftBoeing 767 / 757-200