Best Cabin Crew

Icelandair

"refund policy is terrible"

Icelandair is okay in business class, but refund policy is terrible if you use one way of the round trip ticket. I traveled to to Europe with Icelandair and came home a day early because of January east coast blizzard. Their refund math is atrocious. You take the highest one way price ever ever sold and then get the balance back. But, they use such a high price for the one way that really there is probably hardly ever a refund. I am used to airlines that do simple math - you paid this each way you get that back. Not Icelandair business class. I emailed complaint to CEO. No response at all from any assistant.
RouteRIX to JFK via KEF
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"nice touch was the northern lights show"

My wife and I flew Icelandair from Gatwick to Keflavik return on a B757. Both flights were full and on time. We had exit row seats on the outbound flight which I found to be very hard and uncomfortable, on the return we had normal seats which were far better, plenty of leg room for a 3 hour trip. Complementary hot and cold beverages served. A nice touch was the northern lights show played on the cabin roof above the lockers.
RouteLGW to KEF
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"the fare was reasonable"

Icelandair is like Scandinavian Airlines. It takes you to your destination with minimum frills. On this Keflavik to London flight I pre-ordered mini-burgers and a baguette for my travelling companion. The food was delivered shortly after take-off. Juice, coffee and tea were complimentary. The IFE system showed a documentary on the Northern Lights which was wonderful. Having just seen the Northern Lights in Iceland, I appreciated the documentary. At GBP 82, the fare was reasonable for a 3-hour flight - cheaper than a London-Edinburgh train ticket.
RouteKEF to LHR

"9 days missing luggage"

Orlando to Glasgow via Keflavik on Icelandair. Inflight issue - 2 of 4 video screens did not work. Connecting flight with a 9 hour delay. Luggage : 9 days missing luggage with no customer support or luggage in sight! Nothing says Merry Christmas like having presents in a missing piece of luggage. Thank you Icelandair.
RouteMCO to GLA via KEF

"Icelandic hospitality superb"

I booked Icelandair Premium Economy which provides free access to the Plaza Premium lounge at Toronto Pearson, and was a wonderful start to the flight with hot food, alcohol and drinks, plus sandwiches wrapped in shrinkwrap for you to take on your flight. Economy Comfort class also offers priority boarding. Happily, I received an operational upgrade to business class at the gate! A stewardess offered me a glass of cava, bottle of water, noise cancelling headphones and offered to hang up my coat. I was sat in 2D which has a floor cut out for extra legroom and storage. The seats don't fully recline but are comfortable, much like US domestic first class seats. The lack of a footrest and adjustable headrest made sleeping less comfortable. I was offered drinks by a very friendly and helpful crew, and dinner was excellent. Me nor my seat mate could connect to wi-fi on our iphones. I made use of the Saga lounge at KEF which offered a nice selection of food and drink but no hot food, which would have been preferable but the lounge is clean, and peaceful with comfortable seats. The leg to LHR was back in Economy Comfort but in a business class seat without the full service, which is often the case in rows 5 and 6. I slept the whole way to London. The experience was excellent and I found Icelandic hospitality superb.
RouteYYZ to LHR via KEF
Date FlownDecember 2015

"seating was surprisingly comfortable"

A few years ago I had flown with Icelandair and was not so impressed. I booked with them again recently from KEF to JFK, primarily to save money. This time around I was very pleased. The crew were very friendly, helpful and efficient, and the seating was surprisingly comfortable. The food, although not free, was probably the best I have ever had on a flight. Flying with Icelandair is a good way to save money and to break up a long trip into smaller portions, easier to cope with. Also, it provides the opportunity to spend some time in Iceland with its breathtaking one of a kind landscape.
RouteKEF to JFK
Date FlownDecember 2015

"disappointed with the service"

Frankfurt to Denver via Reykjavik. I took Icelandair because of the baggage allowance which was very good but I was disappointed with the service staff and the fact that I flew 13 hours with them and they didn't offer a meal on the plane. I had to buy food. Every other airline I've ever flown this long distances with has provided two meals. How can you let your passengers for 13 hours without food? Also the flight attendants seemed very annoyed all the time. I would fly with them again if need be as the seats were okay and the entertainment selection wasn't awful. However I highly suggest they encourage their staff to be more pleasant and give their customers at least one meal. It is not okay to let your passengers go that long without something to eat.
RouteFRA to DEN via KEF
Date FlownDecember 2015

"was given no assistance"

I am a part time wheelchair user and had booked disabled assistance at both airports which worked well. I had struggled to get Icelandair to accept that I needed to take an extra carry on bag full of essential medication with me (I couldn't risk being away for a week and it getting lost in transfer) but once I'd had the agreement that all went very well. I was appalled however at the way I was treated by the cabin staff. Despite being pushed to the door in a wheelchair and then getting out my stick to help me walk, I was given no assistance with either of my carry on bags, when I asked where my seat was I was just told "down there" with a wave. I am unable to reach the overhead lockers so had to rely on asking a stranger to help me and put my bags away for me. Once we landed I sat and waited for all the able bodied people to depart (standard procedure), but I and another lady who was also disabled then just sat there and were totally ignored by the crew. I couldn't attract anyone's attention, fortunately the same nice stranger had already got my bags down for me. In the end I had to get up and ask where my wheelchair was, again I got a wave of the head and a verbal "down there at the front". No assistance was offered. I then said that the other lady needed assistance and it was given with a bit of a "well if I have to" flounce. I have written to their customer services and interested to see what response I get. On the return journey I was travelling with EasyJet and they were fabulous - which made me realise just how bad the Icelandair experience had been.
RouteManchester to Reykjavik
Date FlownOctober 2015

"simple food options for purchase"

(Iceland)

Icelandair check in at KEF was a breeze. Utilizing the mobile check-in option meant that there was no line at baggage drop-off. Icelandair offers good baggage allowance for leisure passengers. KEF is struggling to keep up with the explosion in tourism in Iceland and it shows. Very busy, few seating facilities and unless you have access to a lounge, only overpriced food and drinks options. Nice flight to Norway in a Boeing 757-300. Essentially a stretch version of the 757-200 it offers a higher number of seats, while still being single aisle. On this flight the wifi was working and working well. Not a completely full plane, but still busy on this short flight to Trondheim via Bergen. Icelandair is efficient, if nothing more than that and has done itself a favour with the upgraded entertainment system. Too bad the selections seem somewhat limited, but I managed to finish a movie on the way. You'll get some simple food options for purchase - sandwich etc. Wouldn't hesitate to fly with them again.
RouteKEF to TRO via BGO
Date FlownOctober 2015

"very generous baggage allowance"

First time with Icelandair from Glasgow to New York JFK via Keflavik. Super smooth check in from Glasgow (2 hours flight) 1 Hour 50 minutes in Iceland then 5 hours to JFK. Plenty of legroom and comfortable seating for Economy. Very generous baggage allowance. Plenty of soft drinks, teas and coffee. Price Excellent. Would definitely fly Icelandair again.
RouteGlasgow to New York JFK via Keflavik