Iberia Express

"not worth the upgrade"

Verified Review | Madrid to Krakow. Poor business class service for the money paid. I upgraded to business class cabin on my flight to get more comfort and more space. The boarding service in Madrid was confusing with various lines. Upon boarding I was offered an orange juice.The seat is not very comfortable and did not recline. The meal was bad - I received cheese, crackers, Oliver, piece of chorizo, some potatoes and grapefruit. For a business class experience this was below par. The flight attendant was nice and was the best part of the trip. She returned the bag I left on the aircraft and ran after me to give it back. Very nice. The toilet was quite dirty and there was no soap left. All in all not worth the upgrade, food needs improvement and the cleanliness levels need to get better.
RouteMadrid to Krakow
Date FlownJuly 2017

"crew appeared disinterested"

Verified Review | Santiago to Madrid. Cabin crew appeared disinterested and would not make eye contact with me when pushing the trolley. The first time was when I wanted to purchase drinking water. After the trolley was pushed two seats behind me I had to turn round & get the attention of passengers. The second time was when Cabin Crew were doing a rubbish run, this time the flight attendant was looking the other way as I tried to get her attention. I was in the middle seat & found it difficult to move in the cramped seating because of the sleeping passenger in the aisle seat. It appeared to me that the quicker the trolley was pushed down the aisle the less work the hostess had to do.
RouteSantiago to Madrid
Date FlownJune 2017

"the worst experience I have had"

Verified Review | Flew London Gatwick to Madrid with Iberia Express. This was perhaps the worst experience I have had in a long time, this brings budget to a new meaning and is even more frustrating considering I booked via British Airways. This is perhaps the worst economy that I have ever experienced in my life, the seats are the most cramped that I have ever come across and are worse that other budget airlines. I don't wish this airline on anyone.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Madrid
Date FlownMay 2017

"a great low cost experience"

Verified Review | Berlin to Madrid with Iberia Express. Very efficient boarding, the crew were making space in the overhead stowage and accompanying passengers to their seats which is very rare in Europe. The flight left Berlin late on a Friday evening most of the passenger were grumpy but the cabin crews have been smiling throughout the flight paying attention to small details. Definitely a great low cost experience.
RouteBerlin to Madrid
Date FlownApril 2017

"quality of the food was horrible"

Verified Review | Madrid to Dublin with Iberia Express. The trip was terrible, I travelled alongside my boyfriend. The plane departed 30 minutes late which honestly could of been more toleratable if we hadn't been put onto the plane like a herd of sheep. After take off we realised that all around us there were babies, not just one but 4. Every single child was screaming at the same time and they were uncontrolable. I am just wondering, how is a person supposed to "relax and enjoy their journey" when nobody seems to give a damn about the other passangers. The staff were just as frustrated as the other passangers who had to sit through a 2.5 hour flight but did not assist. Also I would like to mention that I ordered a Carbonara pasta and what I was given was a pot full of water and powder. The quality of the food was horrible, and was definitely not worth the price. Definetly not choosing this airline ever again.
RouteMadrid to Dublin
Date FlownApril 2017

"blacklisted from the airline"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Dublin to Madrid. Awful service. They couldn't find one of our tickets on their system in Dublin, then argued with us and told us it was our fault. The check-in agent told us we were then 'blacklisted from the airline'. A week after our flight the airline took EUR56.42 from my account without my knowledge. I've asked for a reason and they won't tell me why or give a refund of the money. Terrible service.
RouteDUB to MAD
Date FlownDecember 2016

"penny pinching rip off"

Verified Review | Madrid to Manchester with Iberia Express, and paid 350 euros one way to have a little extra space and a simple hot meal usually provided on this route. The meal has been substituted now with snacks such as olives in a sealed bag and a powder cup soup. But they have the nerve to display a soup bowl on their brochure. Iberia, has become a penny pinching rip off.
RouteMAD to MAN
Date FlownNovember 2016

"pretty poor service"

Verified Review | We were booked on Iberia Express IB3718 from Madrid to Gatwick - confirmed ticket and Eticket. Got to Madrid Airport and flight not on overhead noticeboard. Went to Iberia to enquire. Oh Yes your flight has been cancelled - hasnt anyone told you?? Well no they hadnt. On the plus side we were offered an alternative flight leaving in 30 mins. Fantastic. Ran to Gate only to find flight was going to Heathrow not Gatwick -so no option but to get on. Got a National Express Coach from Heathrow to Gatwick at £50. Emailed my complaint to Iberia Express asking for a refund of our coach ticket and got following email back "Changes occur to our flight schedules every change of season and on certain holiday dates. The changes depend on demand and the availability of landing and take-off operations at airports. When this happens, we advised you via your e-mail address or by telephone" Well no one told us and they refused to pay the £50 costs we incurred to get from Heathrow to Gatwick. Pretty poor service in this so called age of customer service and satisfaction.
RouteMAD to LGW
Date FlownOctober 2016

"the seats are terrible"

(Spain)

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Tenerife. Terrible flight. For a journey of 5 hrs despite of delays, the aircraft is so compact and one of the oldest ones I say. Iberia Express, for the price they are charging, the seats are terrible - no space and extremly small. That lowers the standard of BA by sharing code with Iberia Express. Meals are paid on top and no entertainment at all.
RouteLHR to TFN
Date FlownOctober 2016

"like Ryanair without the competence"

Verified Review | I bought a Business Class ticket between Madrid and Paris CDG on Iberia and was never told that the flight was operated by their low cost subsidiary Iberia Express. There is nothing wrong wih some Iberia affiliates: Air Nostrum for instance provides one of the best regional onboard services in the world. Not so wih Iberia Express. Business Class consists of the first three rows in the A320 cabin, but at a markedly reduced seat pitch compared to the main airline. The middle seat is left empty. As usual in Madrid, passengers are kept waiting in the glass jetways which are absolute ovens in Spain's weather. This was however the first time that upon boarding and getting in my seat 2A, I was denied a glass of water by a FA who was herself drinking mineral water and replenishing her own glass, while explaining to me that she could not serve anything before take-off. First row passengers were never told to stow their hand baggage which happily remained unsecured in the middle seat. The main Iberia Business class cabin service is plain at best but its "Express" brand is several notches lower, performed by completely uninterested FAs who literally throw flimsy trays at you. One of them missed and actually fell in the aisle where it remained for over 10 minutes. It was eventually footballed away by the young lady's shoe. Finally, the worst is that Iberia Express arrives at CDG T3, the charter terminal, with bus transfers, long baggage waits and a trek of probably 900 meters to finally reach a smelly automatic shuttle which, 5 minutes later, brings you to the civilized part of the airport. This felt like Ryanair without the competence. My ticket was anything but low cost. I was not amused. Why have a Business Class those flights at all? Avoid.
RouteMAD to CDG