HK Express

"The seat is comfortable"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Nagoya to Hong Kong. I bought this ticket with a low price during the mega sale. The flight I took was delayed by about 1 hour due to the late arrival, yet the flight managed to land on Hong Kong with 30-minute delay provided that the weather in Hong Kong was bad. The cabin crews are kind and friendly. The seat is comfortable in terms of LCC. The inflight magazine also provides much information about the tourist spots.
AircraftA320Neo
RouteNagoya to Hong Kong
Date FlownAugust 2017

"staff are friendly and kind"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Jeju. This is a red-eye flight and I slept for nearly the whole flight. The seat is comfortable enough to sleep and the lights are turned dimmer. The flight arrived earlier than the scheduled time. The staff are friendly and kind. However, the food and beverages are quite costly so I didn't try. The online-check in is smooth and user-friendly.
RouteHong Kong to Jeju
Date FlownAugust 2017

"my flight was cancelled"

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Tokyo Narita. Unfortunately, typhoon HATO and my flight was cancelled. I got an email 14h before departures announcing the cancellation of the flight. 3 options were proposed: Same destination in the next 3 days with possibly no fare difference applied, Other destination in the next 7 days, fare difference to my charge or Full reimbursement. But no indication on how to do the changes except to email them or use the chat for more informations. The search engine, the chat and the phone line were down during most of the day. The community manager answered me on Facebook 22h after my first contact. I had my first successful contact on the phone with HK express 20h later. And everything was already booked. The customer service did nothing to provide a solution. In the end I had to book through another airline, for 5 times the original price 3 days later.
RouteHong Kong to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownAugust 2017

"seat is spacious compared to my expectations"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Flew HK Express from Hong Kong to Chiang Mai. There are occasional delays on this route of up to 4 hours, yet I was fortunate enough to board a punctual flight. The seat is spacious compared to my expectations, while the service of the cabin crew was also good. The flight went through few slight turbulence and the flight purser made announcements every time. The price was reasonable as I bought it in the sales. Online check in is clear and convenient as well.
RouteHong Kong to Chiang Mai
Date FlownJuly 2017

"I am disappointed"

(Japan)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Phuket return. Both outbound flights were re-timed about 3 weeks prior to departure. That's okay. My returning flight was delayed from 0135 to 1020 due to weather. They did send email 3 hours prior to flight time to inform. So such delay (more than 8 hours) can be claimed for travel insurance so I asked for written proof via email afterward. The customer service gave me the proof for re-time but not the delay. After a few email chase they still could not produce a correct one. I am disappointed.
RouteHong Kong to Phuket
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Incompetent and irresponsible"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Jeju. Incompetent and irresponsible. Considering it's low cost flight, I wouldn't bother complaining other things (uncomfortable seats, food etc), but when there was a 6 hour overnight delay, the staff were handing out cheap restaurant vouchers. When I complained about the delay with no appropriate compensation, they emailed me the voucher that could be only used with HKD payment upon next purchase. I then found out there was no way to book with HKD payment on their website, so emailed about it again. Basically they have been emailing me once a week saying "We will forward your email to the relevant department", so I got sick of it, went on to have a chat with a customer service, and then got another "Please send your email and I will forward your email". This is a frustrating nightmare in an infinite loop, and they have no interest in helping you.
RouteHong Kong to Jeju
Date FlownJune 2017

"service was excellent"

Verified Review | Flew from Hong Kong to Nagoya, Japan for holiday, during winter times in January. The service was excellent. There were no delay what-so-ever. Although I did not pay to choose the seats. But I asked the staff at the check-in counter if I could have a aisle seat, and I did! The flight took off on time and landed on time as well. I did not order any food on the flight because it is a short haul flight - 3hr flight. I would definitely refer to everyone to take this airline.
AircraftAirbus A320-214
RouteHKG to NGO
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"seats small and uncomfortable"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Nha Trang to Hong Kong with HK Express. Low class and basic service. The airline mucked up my online seat reservations for my wife, I and 3 year old son. I had to pay an extra US$30 at the airport to sit with my family. Staff at the airport not helpful at all. The airline kept changing the flight times which is a bit of a nuisance. I booked seats in row 1 thinking we would be off first. Forget it. Although we were in row 1 our bags were placed in lockers up to 4 rows back and staff didn't let us retrieve those before the mob stampeded towards the exit. It was chaos and traumatic as I got shoved all over the place trying to retrieve my baggage,. Nightmare. HK Express staff just shrugged their shoulders. Food is disgusting not fit for pigs. Nicely packaged but it's rubbish. Seats extremely small and uncomfortable.
RouteCXR to HKG
Date FlownDecember 2016

"cost of ticket was not low"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Danang to Hong Kong. Very inefficient and slow check in process with apathetic ground staff. As expected, boarding was a mess. Once on board, cabin crew were young but do not look welcoming. Seats were typical low cost carrier seat. Pre-ordered a baked pork chop rice and the portion was pathetic, served lukewarm. When this was made known to the crew when she was passing with the trolley to sell drinks, she snatched the box without an acknowledgement. Thinking that she would reheat it, she moved on with her trolley and did not come back for another 20 mins and put the box on the table without a word. Flight was 30 minutes late leaving and 30 minutes late arriving at the remote terminal in Hong Kong. Despite a long train ride back to the main terminal, bags took a further 40 minutes to reach the carousel. This is certainly a one time experience never to repeat again. The cost of the ticket was not low either.
RouteDAD to HKG
Date FlownNovember 2016

"last time I will fly HK Express"

Verified Review | Kunming to Tokyo Narita via Hong Kong. I have flown with this airline five times; every time the flight has been delayed by at least 30 minutes, usually one hour. This time our flight was cancelled due to plane malfunction. Staff kept us on the plane for five hours. Aircon wasn't working so the plane was hot and uncomfortable, but we were not allowed to leave. Staff refused to give us water, saying we had to order drinks from their onboard menu. Once we were finally off the plane, staff refused to give passengers their luggage, or confirm that we would be flying that day, only saying that we would have an update sometime after 3pm (flight originally scheduled for 7:30am). I missed my connecting flight in HKG (also with HK express), yet they refused to put me on the evening flight to Tokyo, even though there were spare seats, because their evening flight was flying into a different airport. Finally, we left Kunming at 5pm, arrived in HKG around 10 hours late and had to wait until the following morning for a connecting flight. Staff refused to refund anything, give food or water or pay supplement for hotel. Point taken; this is last time I will fly HK Express.
RouteKMG to NRT via HKG