Hawaiian Airlines

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

HNL-SYD on B767-300ER. I bought a discount Economy ticket but was able to upgrade at the gate to Business Class for $400. It was well worth it. HA Business Class seat is an old style business class seat not a reclining flat bed. Nevertheless with the spacious pitch and large foot rest it was comfortable for dozing. IFE is a portable media player which was fine since no one was seated next to me. It wasn't stable there. The movie selection was not first run but it was adequate for a ten hour flight. There was no power outlet in the seat for my laptop. The food and service were excellent. The meal was a selection of three dishes from an assortment and were delicious. The wine selection was ok but the mixed drinks were fun as you would expect in Hawaii. Most importantly the service was exceptional friendly and helpful

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Since Hawaiian Airlines began charging a fee for checked bags the volume of carry-on luggage has become quite unreasonable. Last month ny husband and I traveled first class from Portland to Honolulu and back. As first class passengers and because my husband uses a wheelchair we boarded first. When the coach passengers began to board my husband and I were literally smacked in the head and shoulders with carry-on luggage - large tote bags overloaded backpacks and even a child safety seat. We had to lean into the space between the seats in order to avoid injury. When I got home I contacted Hawaiian Airlines "customer advocacy" program because I wanted to report my experience. A very bored representative took my report and told me someone would get back to me. Three weeks later I had not heard a word from the company. I called again. This time a super-rude rep with minimal language skills told me they had no record of my prior call. When I began again to explain about being smacked in the head and shoulders by carry-on luggage she said 'Well I sorry you have inconvenience". Now that Alaska Airlines is flying non-stop from Portland to Honolulu I will never fly Hawaiian Airlines again.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Honolulu to Lihue return. Going out the plane was full service was efficient and friendly. Coming back I flew standby but was told in advance that there many seats on the plane and that I would have no problem getting on. When I arrived the plane was full and the ground agent did not give me a boarding pass until the plane was fully boarded. She had me running to get on the plane even though she was fully aware of the vacant seat and she could have given it to me minutes earlier. When I boarded the plane the flight attendant approached me and told me they were all waiting for me and that I needed to hurry up!

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

LAX-HNL. The aircraft was downgraded from a new A330 to a well worn 767. Most of the FAs were helpful and did their best in the cramped and crowded aisles. A problem with the galley ovens meant there would be no hot meals served. Those of us seated up front were served cold and tasteless appetizers and nothing more. This was truly not Hawaiian Airlines at its best and not worth the $349 upgrade paid prior to boarding.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

SFO-HNL-SFO in first class. I have to say their service should be a standard for all US based airlines. Outstanding customer service and food was amazing.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

SYD-HNL-SYD with connecting flights to the Big Island. Check-in at Sydney was efficient and in the air service was good. Food wasn't but my expectations were not high given the price of the ticket. Connecting flight to Kona and return went without a hitch but the return leg to Sydney was a nightmare. Had to queue for 40 minutes to check-in at Honolulu and though we boarded on time departure was delayed 45 minutes to due "flight path" issues we were told. Turns out the plane was overloaded and they removed some of the baggage including ours which they obviously knew about at Honolulu but didn't tell us. If they had we could have made our connecting flight at Sydney. Instead we were left to flounder at the carousel missed our flight and had to spend a night in Sydney along with maybe 50 others. Hawaiian paid for the hotel (20 km from the airport) and baggage arrived three days later but I won't be flying with them again if I have a choice.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Disappointed that on a short flight between Honolulu and Maui we were charged 20 dollars a piece for two small bags that could have been carried on but for the fact we had to bring articles not allowed in the carry-on bags in the cabin. We will be charged the same to return - this is very cheap and I feel this airline is nickel and diming customers given the already high fares charged for inter island flights.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Sydney to Honolulu return. Check-in at Sydney was good and flight on time. The staff SYD-HNL may as well not have been there. One female attendant was extremely unfriendly and really did not want to be there. Food was mediocre at best but it was an overnight flight so not so bad I guess as most of the time was spent sleeping! Honolulu to Sydney was the opposite. The staff went out of their way to oblige in all requests. Service with a smile and there was plenty of it. Drinks frequent meals were ok and flight went smoothly. It is an older style plane and not the most comfortable but I was prepared for all the little negatives.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Helpful check-in people brilliant crew. Nice cabin clean fresh aircraft. Best economy airline in USA by a long way.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

LAS-HNL-LIH. Midnight madness flight out of Las Vegas at 1.40pm. We could not drop our bags until after midnight as they opened late had only two or three staff on hand and they were dealing with would be stand-bys leaving ticketed passengers to stand and wait and wait. Finally got onboard and got off. The new A330s are good planes. Seat back screens in all classes clean and as comfortable as economy gets. Arrived in Honolulu early morning and transferred over to the inter-island section. small plane arrived on time the flight over to Kaua'i was a mere 20 minutes but was so rough no beverage service was attempted. Not a problem. On the way back it was all pretty smooth. The meals/snacks on the long flights are small but very welcome. There were many drink rounds and the staff did appear to genuinely care about the customers. If only they could sort out staffing on the mainland!