Hawaiian Airlines

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Honolulu to San Francisco. Outbound food which you have to buy onboard was expensive and limited. The return flight was delayed by at least 10 hours and we decided to book ourselves onto another airline. Staff did not know which reception point would have our bags; we then had to find our way out of the building to another terminal and check-in again paying a further $50 for our two suitcases. The check-in arrangements at Honolulu are poor - too few people handling the check-in for Economy Class.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Sydney to Honolulu return. I have really only one complaint because Australia and Perth in particular is so far away the time spent sitting in one spot for over 12-15 hrs is hard enough without the seating and general facilities being less than user friendly. Return flight from Honolulu to Sydney was very cramped (leg room) and there was a lot less overhead baggage space than the flight to Honolulu. This made the experience more uncomfortable than it could have been.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

From check-in to arrival nothing went right from HNL to LAX. Our carry-ons were acceptable on the way from LAX-HNL and not on the return. We were warned I would be removed from the flight if I refused to check-in baggage. The flight from HNL-LAX departed 30 mins later than scheduled. The flight attendant threw my sandwich in my lap. The night crew from HNL to LAX were not friendly with no smile from a single crew member. The plane was very old (767). My husbands seat had a metal piece sticking out between the backrest and the seat. Bring your own headset or portable DVD if you want technology. Our flight from LAX to HNL was delayed and we sat on the plane for more than 1.5 hrs. I would not recommend Hawaiian airlines you get what you pay for.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Honolulu to Hilo on a Boeing 717. The flight was very average. Check-in was a mess. Had to wait in line for a machine and when you checked in your bags you needed to wait for someone who works for Hawaiian to come. The service was average they come around with juice during flight. You barely even new there were FA's. Overall I didn't expect much and I didn't get much.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Sydney-Honolulu return. Upon check-in at Sydney advised that we were split up. Food was only one option. Planes old with no in seat entertainment unless you pay $15USD for a portable unit.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Honolulu-Seattle return on B767. Baggage handling and boarding staff were lovely. I was in Economy class and the seats were comfortable I managed to sleep. Flight attendants were friendly and available in the aisles food choices were delicious safety instructions were polite and clear. Lavatories were clean inflight entertainment had plenty of choice.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Sydney-Honolulu-Sydney. Pleased with the services both in the air and on the ground. The check-in staff at Sydney airport were pleasant and courteous. The meal after take-off from Sydney was ok. The outbound flight was an overnight one and an eye-shade was offered which was nice. The check-in staff were kind and helpful when checking-in for return flight at Honolulu airport. The home-bound inflight service was excellent cockpit crew for both flights were first-class. The cabin crew are sincere laid-back and easily approachable.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

HNL-LAS on an A330. New aircraft in excellent condition. Paid to upgrade to a Premium seat in bulkhead row 14 which had at least 48 inches of legroom. Great IVOD offerings but limited free selections. Meal was adequate and accompanied by great cabin service throughout the flight. I have avoided Hawaiian in the past while the numerous fees have only got worse with time this was all-in-all an unexpectedly good flight.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

First class from HNL-SMF. We have flown First Class several times before on this route but this flight was exceptional. The flight attendants went out of their way to make sure we were well taken care of and checked on us regularly to make sure we had whatever we needed. Hawaiian has a real asset with this crew. On the flip side I do have complaints not related to the staff of Hawaiian. I am a Premier Club member and upon rejoining this year I found out that the benefits have changed. Members and a companion were allowed two pieces of checked luggage gratis. That has now changed to only the member getting that. We used to be able to ask for an exit row and that has also changed and now you pay $25. It's difficult justifying paying $249 a year for a rest in a room at the airport and some packaged snacks.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Manila-Seattle via Honolulu and return with an additional stopover in Maui. Flights were labelled as Business Class (MNL-HNL) and First Class (HNL-SEA) though in fact there is no difference in cabin or service. All flights were on Hawaiian's elderly 767's. Do not be fooled by the winglets (which HA added to save fuel) these are old planes with interiors to match. Also do not for a moment think you will be getting anything like a Business or First Class product on a first tier airline this would be a mediocre Premium Economy product at best. The seat I would guesstimate the pitch to be around 38-40" with limited recline and in a 2-2-2 layout with only 3 rows. I am 6ft 5" and sat in 1B for all sectors this bulkhead seat has the advantage that you don't have someone reclining their head into your lap but the leg space is woefully inadequate. I had to sit at an angle with my feet into the forward galley to get at all comfortable. The AV comprised personal players that were handed out with a limited range of films and TV shows pre-loaded. Unfortunately this was the same content for all 4 long haul flights and by the end of the first flight I had already watched all that interested me. It was also awkward to use these during the meal service as there was basically nowhere to put them. Food was adequate although dry and uninspiring. The "champagne" served on take off was in fact a fairly unpleasant Prosecco and the single white wine choice with the meal was probably a hazard to the aircraft paintwork if you spilled any. As with all airplane travel the quality of the experience is relative to the price you have paid. Clearly Hawaiian are used to people upgrading into this cabin either as a frequent flyer freebie or as a $1-200 add on to the regular ticket price in which case possibly its worth it but probably not.
Cabin FlownFirst Class