Hawaiian Airlines

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

LAX-HNL. The aircraft was downgraded from a new A330 to a well worn 767. Most of the FAs were helpful and did their best in the cramped and crowded aisles. A problem with the galley ovens meant there would be no hot meals served. Those of us seated up front were served cold and tasteless appetizers and nothing more. This was truly not Hawaiian Airlines at its best and not worth the $349 upgrade paid prior to boarding.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

SFO-HNL-SFO in first class. I have to say their service should be a standard for all US based airlines. Outstanding customer service and food was amazing.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

SYD-HNL-SYD with connecting flights to the Big Island. Check-in at Sydney was efficient and in the air service was good. Food wasn't but my expectations were not high given the price of the ticket. Connecting flight to Kona and return went without a hitch but the return leg to Sydney was a nightmare. Had to queue for 40 minutes to check-in at Honolulu and though we boarded on time departure was delayed 45 minutes to due "flight path" issues we were told. Turns out the plane was overloaded and they removed some of the baggage including ours which they obviously knew about at Honolulu but didn't tell us. If they had we could have made our connecting flight at Sydney. Instead we were left to flounder at the carousel missed our flight and had to spend a night in Sydney along with maybe 50 others. Hawaiian paid for the hotel (20 km from the airport) and baggage arrived three days later but I won't be flying with them again if I have a choice.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Disappointed that on a short flight between Honolulu and Maui we were charged 20 dollars a piece for two small bags that could have been carried on but for the fact we had to bring articles not allowed in the carry-on bags in the cabin. We will be charged the same to return - this is very cheap and I feel this airline is nickel and diming customers given the already high fares charged for inter island flights.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Sydney to Honolulu return. Check-in at Sydney was good and flight on time. The staff SYD-HNL may as well not have been there. One female attendant was extremely unfriendly and really did not want to be there. Food was mediocre at best but it was an overnight flight so not so bad I guess as most of the time was spent sleeping! Honolulu to Sydney was the opposite. The staff went out of their way to oblige in all requests. Service with a smile and there was plenty of it. Drinks frequent meals were ok and flight went smoothly. It is an older style plane and not the most comfortable but I was prepared for all the little negatives.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Helpful check-in people brilliant crew. Nice cabin clean fresh aircraft. Best economy airline in USA by a long way.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

LAS-HNL-LIH. Midnight madness flight out of Las Vegas at 1.40pm. We could not drop our bags until after midnight as they opened late had only two or three staff on hand and they were dealing with would be stand-bys leaving ticketed passengers to stand and wait and wait. Finally got onboard and got off. The new A330s are good planes. Seat back screens in all classes clean and as comfortable as economy gets. Arrived in Honolulu early morning and transferred over to the inter-island section. small plane arrived on time the flight over to Kaua'i was a mere 20 minutes but was so rough no beverage service was attempted. Not a problem. On the way back it was all pretty smooth. The meals/snacks on the long flights are small but very welcome. There were many drink rounds and the staff did appear to genuinely care about the customers. If only they could sort out staffing on the mainland!

(Brazil)

HNL to LAX on Boeing 767. I booked a window seat but for reason that I can't understand (my english was poor!) the staff asked me to seat in the middle seat of main line of seats with two fat men on each side of me. It was terrible They pressured me all time I was sleepy the flight was full and I had nowhere to move to.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Sydney to Honolulu and purchased internal flights to Kahului and Hilo. SYD-HNL was good considering the price paid if you compare to other airlines offering the same route. The staff were friendly and attentive. The inter-island flights departed on time and the service was again enjoyable- and loved the views of the Hawaiian Islands.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

LAX-HNL-ITO return economy and first. LAX-HNL segment on an old but immaculate 767-300. Bulkhead row with plenty of legroom and enough room to change a nappy (diaper) on the floor. Hawaiian Airlines is the only US airline to offer complimentary food in all classes on domestic flights - food was quite tasty. The inflight entertainment was average - for $15 you can rent a cumbersome hand-held unit with 12-15 movies 12-15 TV programmes music videos and audio tracks. The $15 is pretty steep but it's better than standard IFE on other US airlines. HNL-ITO and ITO-HNL on B717-200s which have assigned seats and first class cabin. Service very good and beverages ae offered on the 40 minute flights. HNL-LAX segment with the new A330-200. We upgraded to first class for $300 per seat - recliner seats have adjustable legrests and footrests and recline to about 130 degrees. The controls are non-electronic and the legrests are a bit difficult to push back in place. Food service very good. Hawaiian's first class is very good value for flights to the USA but does not compete with Korean Qantas Delta or the Asian airlines on flights to the Pacific Rim. Service on all flights is cordial and friendly and FA's are more professional and customer-friendly than other US airlines.