Hawaiian Airlines

"never had such a poor experience"

Trip Verified | I was beyond disappointed with Hawaiian Airlines. From the horrible customer service, rude flight attendants, planes that are so outdated and falling apart that nothing works on them. The terrible fees they charge. I left a carry on bag and when I tried to get a flight attendant from our flight to help me out with it I was met with a rude attitude and told I would just have to call the next day because she needed to meet her friend who was picking her up. When I asked if there was someone else she said there was no managers or staff or anyone in the entire airport that could help, I find that hard to believe considering the fact that our baggage hadn't even made it to baggage claim when I notified her that I left somthing behind. She made no effort to try to help at all and was clearly bothered by me even asking. The flight attendants on the plane weren't any friendlier either. When boarding the plane I was told my carry on wouldn't fit because this was a really old plane and the bins are small and hopefully my bags would make it cause that's reassuring. For the amount of money I spent to fly 7 people I would expect a lot more. I am doubtful I will get any help tomorrow regarding my carry on left behind. I have flown with many other airlines and never had such a poor experience.
RouteHonolulu to Phoenix
Date FlownJuly 2018

"only got offered $50 refund!"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Kahului via Honolulu. Their customer affairs department that handles issues is only accessible via on-line submission form, and they're just going to send you the same response, no matter whether it resolves your problem or not. If you call - they will tell you there is no way to talk to consumer affairs department, and just keep sending them messages. We boarded a plane and were sitting on the plane for 1.5 hrs with no idea of why we are not taking off. Nobody was able to give us any information on what kind of “issues” are those. We had to get off the plane and only after numerous inquiries and concerns raised one of the staff told us it was an issue with pilot’s communication system. 2 hours later from the original departure time, we boarded the plane again, and took off. The plane was freezing cold and I was told I have to purchase blankets if we’re cold, and they can’t change the temperature. Other people were freezing too, and there was nothing done about it. Additionally, there were electrical issues and our monitors weren’t working for a long time. They said we will all get unlimited entertainment package for our inconvenience, but it never happened. 20 min into the flight one of the passengers had medical issue. Within minutes this man collapsed in front of our eyes and they started performing CPR on him, alternating with oxygen mask. After the plane started flying back we got an announcement that it was turned around. Back at Honolulu we were waiting for at least another hour for all of the medical procedures, and police investigation, before we could get off the plane to switch the planes. By the gate we were told to wait in line for food vouchers and new seat assignments. It was chaos to say the least as all of us were trying to get food at only one restaurant that was opened by the gate. There was not enough fast food left after first batch of people went through it, and ordering food was impossible as they said they won’t be able to make enough for everyone in time. It was past 9pm at this point, and we have been traveling since 10am. We boarded a new plane which was an older plane and it was freezing again! And we were sitting on a plane for an hour with no announcements or letting us know what’s going on. Later they were waiting on a second pilot. Why were we rushed to get on the plane with no time to eat, if the pilot was not even there? Entertainment systems were still locked, and we got offered no comfort, drinks or anything after everything we have been thru. Back home, their luggage process got screwed up with mixing bags from different flights, and nobody from the staff knew what's going on. After all of that, we only got offered $50 refund! Absolutely ridiculous! And there is no way to talk to someone, and all we get is that consumer affairs approved $50 and good luck with that.
RouteLas Vegas to Kahului via Honolulu
Date FlownApril 2018

"poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Honolulu. Halfway through our family vacation, in Hawaii, my father passed away. When I contacted Hawaiian Airlines to change my flight they wanted $400 to do so. I was blown away by the clerks attitude we were working with, so insensitive and would not cooperate in any way. It was cheaper for me to purchase a return flight than to change my existing flight. My wife thought that she would appreciate my empty seat, she would be more comfortable on the return flight with the kids. She checked in my seat for which I could not get a refund or any consideration. A smelly beach bum tried sit in my seat. My wife told him that it was not his because we paid for it! The stewardess told my wife it was his seat because they resold my seat to him. WOW! Talk about double dipping into our pockets. I am so upset at how Hawaiian Airlines has treated my family and great lack of customer service or consideration. I can never use them again and I would not recommend them. By the way they charge for just about everything. The dinners that we had going out and coming back were horrible. A terrible value in general and poor customer service.
RouteLas Vegas to Honolulu

"Very disappointing"

Not Verified | Honolulu to San Diego. Very disappointing. When we arrived to airport there is no guidance from Hawaiian Airlines staff on we’re we should go or line should we go. The staff can’t control the line and throngs of customer. It doesn’t guide customer which line to go. There is also no directions on going to check point and we’re to go to gate line. Not enough staff help. Very poor communications. If I have opportunity again to come back to Hawaii, I will avoid taking to Hawaiian Airlines.
RouteHonolulu to San Diego
Date FlownJune 2018

"want to thank all staff"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Kahului. I want very much to thank all staff of Hawaiian Airlines for the BEST experience on my first time flying. The courtesy, and assistance, meal, and cleanliness from check in to landing to and from. I could not express enough the joy I had and comfort.
RouteSan Francisco to Kahului
Date FlownJune 2018

"Not happy with the change"

Not Verified | Kahului to Molokai via Honolulu. Not at all happy with the change in our scheduled flight. Originally we had plenty of time to pick up our luggage from another and recheck-in with Hawaiian and be taken directly to Molokai. The two airlines were booked on separate itineraries. The change moved not only the time from several hours to about 1.5 hours, but also we had to stop in HNL and change planes. I called Hawaiian Airlines customer service about what to do and got 'maybe this, maybe that', in other words, no help. Arrived at the originating airport from Mainland to The Islands early, that airline was more than helpful, even though separate itineraries, that airline was able to check our bags through to final destination
RouteKahului to Molokai via Honolulu
Date FlownMay 2018

"I was surprisingly disappointed"

Trip Verified | Maui to Phoenix via Honolulu. When booking my families tickets I decided to pay extra to fly Hawaiian because I had heard positive reviews of the airline before but I was surprisingly disappointed. On both flights I was excited about getting a window seat but on both flights the window seat did not have a window but rather just a wall to look at. The in-flight entertainment app did not work and the flight attendants skipped past both me and my brother when handing out food. During the flight I saw that all the bathrooms near me were occupied and saw a bathroom sign that said it was unoccupied towards the front. After walking to the front bathroom a flight attendant blocked me with their arms and told me (quite rudely) that I was not allowed back there. Overall, I would not recommend Hawaiian airlines to a friend.
RouteMaui to Phoenix via Honolulu
Date FlownMay 2018

"sipped our Hawaiian cocktails"

Trip Verified | Together with my parents we flew from Honolulu to Kona in Business Class/domestic First. Taking into account that the price difference between coach and Business Class was $50, and that luggage is included, I would most likely pay the difference again. The seat was a big, comfortable chair with enough leg space. We sipped our Hawaiian cocktails and enjoyed the splendid view outside the window. A snack was served (small bag of pretzels); I think here Hawaiian has room for improvement such like fresh fruits or a snack basket like the mainland carriers use for such short flight.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteHonolulu to Kona

"disappointing flying experience"

Trip Verified | Honolulu to San Francisco. Hawaiian Airlines is going downhill. The lines for bag check in and for security — for TSA Pre too— were around out of the terminal and around the block. Gee, HNL is Hawaiian Airlines’ hub; one would expect that they would have their check in act together on their home turf. Not. Almost missed my flight. The food selection in flight was incredibly limited, and Hawaiian did not even offer the option to buy a meal. Really? On a 5 hour flight? Hard to believe. The flght attendants are also starting to catch the disease normally associated with other airlines: Surly-itis. It took 45 minutes for my bag to appear in baggage claim. Altogether, a disappointing flying experience.
RouteHonolulu to San Francisco

"a terrible experience"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Honolulu. What a terrible experience this flight was, keep the temperature in the plane at a maximum of 20 degrees Celsius just to make people ask for blankets which they sell with 10$. After take off they started to sell food without informing that in another 40min they will serve the food in the tickets - they ask for money on earbuds and movies. After complaining they offered a 100 usd travel credit despite i told them that i am living in Europe.
RouteLas Vegas to Honolulu