Hawaiian Airlines

Review by (Australia) 12th June 2015

I was so looking forward to my trip to Honolulu, but it was not a pleasant experience, was seated next to window with 1 passenger next to me, as soon as we had levelled off the woman in front of me thrust her seat back to the maximum degree and that's where it stayed the entire 8.5 hour trip, until she was asked by staff to return her seat to upright position 5 mins from landing. I have scoliosis and prefer to sit upright, but I was left with no room whatsoever, could not even open a magazine, I was severely restricted of any movement and trying to get out the seat to visit the toilet was near impossible, if people want to sleep the whole trip like that they should travel 1st class and why do the seats have to go so far back. By the time we arrived in Hawaii I was in pain. I was dreading the return trip home, but just dismissed it as bad luck, the return trip I was seated in an aisle seat with empty seat next to me, well the same thing happened we hadn't even taken off and a woman put her seat right back, I thought surely staff would correct her but obviously they didn't spot her, as soon as we had levelled out again I moved into the seat next to me, her 4 year old son was now in front of me, she then proceeded to push her sons seat back to the extended position, was this really necessary for a 4 year old, the only respite I had was move back to the aisle seat at least I was able to exit the seat so spent much of my time standing at back of airline, how could people be so oblivious to other travellers discomfort by having their seats fully extended the entire trip is beyond me, I certainly wont be travelling with this airline again it was a nightmare trip for me.

Review by (Australia) 11th June 2015

Our flight from Brisbane to Honolulu (overnight) was good even though an awful time to fly. My only complaint was the cabin was freezing. On the return flight this is where the problems started. The airport is mayhem and needs more signage. People wondering aimlessly. Once on board and seated. I had packed for warmth on this flight. It was a day flight leaving at 1.40pm local time. Once on board we were informed that there was no headsets, they had not been loaded onto the plane. so for the next 9 hours plus no movies, how many games can you play of Solitaire. Also on the first meal service we where informed there was no scotch as they had run out. First meal service. That is not good enough. The staff were polite, the meals OK but for an international carrier to have no headsets for a 9 hour flight is ridiculous, and concerning. Hawaiian Airlines need to pick up their game, as in pre-checks and cross checks and strict compliance procedures that must be adhered too for safety and well being of your passengers.
RouteBrisbane to Honolulu

Review by (Australia) 11th June 2015

Flight from Hilo to Honolulu, new cabin, seat 5B. The new seats are perfect for the 50 min fight - lots of legroom and comfortable. Staff as normal are perfect and professional. Only negative is I could not check in online and when I called tech support line it is horrible, always has been. Very rarely can they fix problems and can often give incorrect information.
RouteHilo to Honolulu

Review by (United States) 6th June 2015

HA30 May 28 2015. Staff at desk were cold and rude though not busy at all. Couldn't get into the Premier Lounge again third time that has happened. New scanner didn't work and we just gave up. They pre loaded a very elderly couple into our selected seats in 1st class without checking their tickets. When we went to board we were addressed like we had the wrong tickets then informed that the couple took too long to settle in and we could have their middle row in the back seats. Right in front of a comfort seat of a crying child and with a broken stuck tray table. Attendant knowing I was upset with our seating avoided us so no beverages and service at first. Then the male attendant offered to move the people though he didn't mean to made the people around look at us like we should be shamed for being mad. We were the last to be asked about meals so we got what was left curry in salad dressing really? Food was dry. The people in our seats had our desired meal too. Save your money and take Alaska Air.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Review by (United States) 6th June 2015

Cabin FlownFirst Class

Review by (Australia) 31st May 2015

HA7 8th May 2015. My 5.5 hour flight from Las Vegas to Honalulu was the worst flight I have travelled on. Cabin temperature was freezing and when I asked for a blanket was informed that I would have to pay for this a pillow would also be provided as part of this fee (a lot of help that would be to me when I arrived in Honolulu). The 'meal service' if you could call it that was appalling. Our meal consisted of soggy watermelon cantaloupe and a few grapes served with cheese and crackers. Also informed that to use the inflight entertainment I would have to purchase a set of aircraft earphones as well as pay per view for movies/TV shows. So much for the Aloha friendly airline advertised on their ensuite. Flight staff were rude and unhelpful obviously not happy to be in the job. Hawaiian Airlines- you got me this time but never again!

Review by (Australia) 31st May 2015

Review by (Australia) 28th May 2015

Sydney - Honolulu - Hilo. Today I was impressed with Hawaiian econ plus seat 11G I normally travel business class but was fully booked. Staff at Sydney check in were very good typical friendly while being professional. Boarding was good business and families first then econ plus. The seat is in a row 11 just behind business and has excellent leg room it's also in a quiet 3 row section away from the main cabin. Cabin crew excellent as usual high degree of customer service. During a medical problem on board they were very professional and showed honest care for the customer. The food for econ was very hot when served constant drinks available throughout the flight. Overall very impressed. 2 negatives having to pay for lounge entry in Sydney for platinum Hawaiian when platinum velocity can get in free. Next the ground crew at the inter island terminal were nowhere even close to the flight crew in customer service skills. The short island hop was in first as a free upgrade again friendly professional crew.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Review by (Australia) 28th May 2015

Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Review by (Australia) 12th May 2015

Our family of four recently flew from Brisbane to Honolulu return with Hawaiian Airlines. We found ourselves to be pleasantly surprised by the airline. All of our flights were on schedule the service from crew was very friendly and helpful. For example on one flight our daughter wasn't hungry at the time our first meal was served. Later in the flight we asked what food options were available to purchase and the flight attendant then returned with a spare full meal. I also liked the fact that the staff offered water numerous times throughout the flight and also collected rubbish at very regular intervals. More so than anything other flight I have been on and I really appreciated these small measures which add to the enjoyment of the flight. The seats were comfortable enough with sufficient leg room. Would like to see a little more variety in the entertainment offered (movie and television show wise). We found the check in process not to be completely straight forward. Both occasions on checking in the machines were not working correctly. We then had to be checked in by a staff member at the desk. Overall though I would definitely fly with Hawaiian Airlines again.