Hainan Airlines

"seat is quite comfortable"

Verified Review | Beijing to Calgary. The warm service from cabin crew and the quality and quantity of food and beverages on the plane are pretty impressive. The seat is quite comfortable and I heard the plane is the newest type from Boeing 787. The small traveler bag they provide to every customer which includes a pair of sleep goggles, a toothbrush and a pair of long socks is really helpful to me as well.
RouteBeijing to Calgary
Date FlownAugust 2017

"treated us very impolitely"

Verified Review | Seattle to Xi'an via Shangai. My connection from Shangai to Xi'an was cancelled due to severe weather and the stewards did not provide any information until the flight was cancelled. They pretended to not understand English. Once the flight was cancelled, they brought us to probably the dirtiest inn in Shangai. They did not provide any information on what to do the day after. No information on what would be the next available flight. After trying to call the customer center several times (no answer to the phone), we tried to reschedule. No way. They pretended to not speak English and they treated us very impolitely.
RouteSeattle to Xi'an via Shangai
Date FlownAugust 2017

"great food and great service"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Very pleasant experience from Auckland to Shenzhen with Hainan Airlines, great food and great service. Friendly staff and reasonably comfortable lounge. The only thing is not many choice for movies, especially new release and kids movies. Was getting bored with the movies that I already watched long time ago. It would really make a difference if there are more options for movies or tv series.
AircraftB330
RouteAuckland to Shenzhen
Date FlownAugust 2017

"fully enjoyed the long flight"

Verified Review | I have flown Hainan Airline three round trips Chicago to Beijing. My flights were clean, seat and inflight temperature comfortable, attendants were friendly and helpful, many options in flight entertainment programs. Most important is flights were on time. I fully enjoyed the long flight.
RouteChicago to Beijing

"Friendly cabin crew"

(China)

Verified Review | Jinan-Zhuhai on a Boeing 737-800. Check-in on their website which is fairly easy and straight forward. Three hour delay in Jinan due to traffic control was their excuse - the same excuse they gave us on the return flight with Suparna Airlines. Food was decent with 3 choices in economy class. They serve beer if you ask. No inflight entertainment. Seat pitch was fairly good and better than the other domestic airlines in China. Friendly cabin crew with good English skills.
RouteJinan to Zhuhai
Date FlownAugust 2017

"staff polite and careful"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Very good experience from Beijing to Brussels with Hainan Airlines. The plane was new and modern, the seat comfortable, the staff polite and careful. I slept for most of the journey. The unpleasant thing is that the plane was late for 1 hour, but it made up for 50 minutes during the flight, so actually it was 10 minutes late when arrival, acceptable to me.
RouteBeijing to Brussels

"all equally impressed"

Verified Review | Calgary to Beijing. At the checkin counter a number of people on our tour had group visas. The folks at counter were clueless as to what these were. I was told it would only take five minutes to check and that turned into an hour as numerous phone calls were made to verify that indeed there are group visas. That other then a one hour delay was the only real problem before departing. The staff at the counter were wonderful. The flight was on a Boeing 787, what a comfortable plane to ride on. Now we were flying in economy so needless to say the seats even on a plane as wonderful as this was are on the small side especially for a tall man such as myself - 6'1". The flight attendants were marvellous, very attentive and professional - loved them. The flight was smooth and did not feel like a 10.5 hour flight. All my clients on board, there were 17 of us in my tour party were all equally impressed. So if you are flying out of Calgary to China you absolutely should fly with this airline. The time saved in going to and from Vancouver and the layover there is worth the bit extra you might have to pay. For sure we hope to use Hainan for many years to come as our tour company grows. Thank-you Hainan
RouteCalgary to Beijing
Date FlownJuly 2017

"meals are not so nice"

Verified Review | Beijing to Chicago. The crew is very helpful. We were told initially to have a one-hour delay after we were seated but we were only delayed for taking off by about 20mins. Flight attendants were kind and friendly. The vodka is great but the meals are not so nice.
RouteBeijing to Chicago
Date FlownAugust 2017

"staff service is excellent "

Verified Review | Seattle to Beijing return. The cabin staff service is excellent and they are ready to help the passenger, service is polite and in time when you need it.
RouteBeijing to Seattle
Date FlownAugust 2017

"service onboard was a disaster"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Brussels via Beijing on 29 June. I was travelling with my wife and 2 daughters aged 3 and 5. First, for some reason, I wasn't able to check-in online, as a result we had to queue up quite a long time to check-in. The first part of the flight (Hong Kong to Beijing) was operated by Hong Kong Airlines which belong to the same group. The first flight despite being over 2 hours delayed was fairly pleasant, the cabin crew was nice, food was ok, inflight entertainment wasn't that great, but for a 3 hour flight it was more than enough. Landing in Beijing at the time of departure of the second flight, I requested assistance to the cabin crew for the connection. At our arrival at the gate, a woman was waiting for us and took us to the gate to board the second flight. She was actually running and didn't look behind to see if everybody was following. A fellow passenger was pretty annoyed by that, but for me it wasn't a big deal. The problems started to come up at the security. Ground staff were very rude and checked the kids roughly with no smile, which scared them a bit. Arriving at the gate, we handed over our boarding passes, but we were told the seats had been changed. They gave us 4 different seats at 4 different places of the aircraft. When complaining about this issue, we were told to get on the bus and check with the cabin crew. Boarding the plane, I immediately told the crew the problem. They told me: please take your seats, we will check once everybody had boarded. Really? You expect a 3 and a 5 year old to sit alone in the middle of stangers. I refused and had to discuss with other passengers myself to get seats together. The service onboard was a disaster. First I ask for a Baileys, the FA told me: I give you our cocktail which is made with Baileys and coconut milk ok? No, I would like a baileys. She was unhappy because she had to go back to get the bottle. When she came with the meals I asked for the child meals. She told me very rudely: There's no Child meal if you don't order them in advance (which I did when booking the flight). A few hours later, I asked for a beer, "no more beers after first service". When serving the breakfast I asked for hot chocolate for the kids: "We don't serve hot chocolate anymore" Seriously? Again unhappily she went back to make the hot chocolate. When we arrived in Brussels our luggage didn't follow as it could have been expected, we got them the next day though.
AircraftA330-300
RouteHong Kong to Brussels via Beijing
Date FlownJuly 2017

Hainan Airlines Photos

HAINAN AIRLINES

Hainan Airlines is a privately owned airline, the fourth largest carrier in China. Celebrating its 24th anniversary in 2017, Hainan Airlines is the only Chinese mainland carrier to be ranked as a 5-Star Airline. The main international hub is Beijing Airport, other hubs at Chengdu, Chingqing, Changsha, Xi'an and Shangai. Hainan Airlines has a fleet of over 180 aircraft, including Boeing 787-9 / 787-8 / 767-300 / 737-800, A330-200/300, anda further 75 aircraft on order.

NEW UNIFORMS

Hainan Airlines unveiled their new uniforms at Paris Couture Week in June 2017. The fifth-generation Hainan Airlines uniforms highlight the combination of traditional Chinese features and internationally popular elements. The fusion of traditional Chinese elements and popular international fashion created an Oriental masterpiece that turned heads in Paris.

BUSINESS CLASS

Hainan Airlines long haul business class is provided on Boeing 787 and A330 aircraft, with flat bed seats, arranged 1x2x1 and 2x2x2 subject to aircraft type. In addition to luxury amenities, business class service includes an Onboard Chef and full dine on demand.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
Onboard WiFi (some int'l routes)
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand a la carte dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

DOMESTIC FIRST CLASS

Domestic first class is provided using a mixture of widebody A330, Boeing 787 and Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
AmenitiesSlippers, eyeshade etc

ECONOMY CLASS

Hainan Airlines long haul economy class uses Boeing 787, A330 and Boeing 767 aircraft, and also includes Boeing 737-800 on domestic routes.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 19 ins
Onboard WiFi (some int'l routes)
power_iconUSB power (most int'l routes)
DiningChinese & Western meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets
AmenitiesAmenity pack (int'l routes)

LOUNGES

Hainan Airlines have recently opened their flagship international lounge, the HNA Club at Terminal 2, Beijing Capital Airport. They also offer domestic lounges at many airports across China and have a new International lounge opening in Xi'an during 2017.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
Seat pitchPrivate seat pods
Lounge showersShower rooms
WiFiLounge WiFi
Work StationsWorkstations / business area
power_iconCharging facilities
AVODEntertainment area
DiningBuffet & a la carte dining
WinesSelf service bar