Vote Now

Hainan Airlines

"extremely friendly and helpful"

Verified Review | This is the returning flight for my first booking of Hainan Airlines. I booked it partly for the lower fare in an off season and partly for curiosity, and I am glad that I tried it. The cabin crew members are extremely friendly and helpful, making a relatively long flight (13+ hours) much more pleasant than otherwise. The only minor complaint that I may have is the English fluency of the flight attendants when making announcement. It is not super easy to comprehend.
RouteBeijing to Chicago

"FAs are very attentive"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Beijing to Las Vegas. Pretty solid airline overall. Tarmac repair delays out of Beijing but it's not the airline's problem. They give out amenity kits like socks, tooth brush and eye covers. Food was above average, and service was efficient. FAs are very attentive, and they are very nice and helpful for us with a baby. It was less than half full so a lot of paxs took 3-seat set and were able to lie down. We paid cheap fare so with such experience it was a great deal.
RouteBeijing to Las Vegas
Date FlownApril 2017

"surprised by the service"

Verified Review | Xian to Sydney via Changsha. First leg was domestic First Class - same configuration as International business class. Pleasantly surprised by the service and quality of food on the international leg. Full 6 course menu available, high quality sleep ware provided and flat bed ok for anyone under 1.9M. English entertainment options good. Cabin cleanliness great.
RouteXian to Sydney via Changsha
Date FlownApril 2017

"the aircraft clean and tidy"

(China)

Verified Review | Beijing to Brussels. The flight attendants are very considerate, and the aircraft clean and tidy. Boarding not only send a hot towel to touch the hand, there are welcome drink. The flight attendants provide differentiated services according to the different needs. Because it is red-eye flight, flight attendants are careful for my bed, so I can rest more comfortable. Thanks to Hainan Airlines.
RouteBeijing to Brussels
Date FlownApril 2017

"definitely fly with them again"

Verified Review | San Jose to Harbin via Beijing. Great service and the Boeing 787 is amazing. Great seat space, nice ambiance and technology. Many travelers were taking pictures before boarding. I think they put their best crew on this flight thanks to its route and aircraft. Would definitely fly with them again if I need to fly from San Francisco to China in the future.
RouteSan Jose to Harbin via Beijing
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"service was very gracious"

(China)

Verified Review | Beijing to Berlin. Food was not bad. Seats: I have paid for 600 Yuan for a good seat and I think it's worth. If you got a seat at the end of the airplane, you will be troubled by the tour group. A decent movie selection to make the hours go by. Overall service was very gracious. I will fly again with Hainan Airlines, maybe next time, I will invest in business class seating, as I've heard it is awesome.
RouteBeijing to Berlin
Date FlownApril 2017

"I really enjoyed this trip"

Verified Review | Calgary to Hangzhou via Beijing. This was my first time traveled with Hainan Airline and was very impressed. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. Crew members were polite and smiling. The entertainment provided was very good and I really enjoyed this trip.
RouteCalgary to Hangzhou via Beijing
Date FlownMarch 2017

"The experience is perfect"

(China)

Verified Review | Beijing to Chicago. I started to choose Hainan Airlines for my international trip, especially from Being to Chicago since last year. The experience of flying with Hainan Airlines is perfect. I have long enough leg space for the long distance travel. Food, drinking is great as well. I am silver membership, i can enjoy the special membership treatment.
RouteBeijing to Chicago
Date FlownMarch 2017

"service is kind and thoughtful"

Verified Review | Seattle to Beijing. This was my first time choosing Hainan Airlines, and it was a excellent journey. First, their ground service is great. They designed lounge invitation card as a little paper folder, so I can put all of my boarding passes in the folder, and it is very useful. They are using partner's lounge at Seattle airport. The lounge is not very big, but they almost have anything in it, and the lounge is very close to the boarding gate, it only took me less than a minute to walk to the gate. There is a bar in the lounge, and the lounge offer free premium WIFI, dessert, fruit, shower room, etc. The Hainan Airlines cabin staff service is kind and thoughtful. They have Western and Asian flight attendants, so I can speak both English or Chinese to them, and there will not be any language misunderstanding. As well they have a chef on board, who introduce the menu and prepare the meals, and I think this is the most special thing for this airline. There are two main meals time, but I also can order any food on the menu at anything. The flight attendants prepared the bed for me, and it was very comfortable. I see they put a lot effort on passengers, and their sincere attitude. I had a wonderful journey with this airline and recommend flying with Hainan Airlines.
RouteSeattle to Beijing
Date FlownMarch 2017

"I would recommend this airline"

Verified Review | I flew Hainan Airlines from Sydney to Changsha in Business class on an A330. Boarding was quick and plane departed and arrived on time. The food and wine list had many choices the service was excellent, clean toilets during the whole flight. The seat is very comfortable too. I would recommend this airline to everyone!
AircraftA330-200