Vote Now

Hainan Airlines

"great flight experience"

Verified Review | I was flying Hainan Airlines on February 10 from Xi'an to Melbourne. I had a great experience with this flight with good flight service. This was actually one of the best flight I've had for a while I had a bit of baggage issue during check-in. The ground staff were very friendly and patiently explained the issue and directed me to the right service which eventually helped me solve the baggage issue. Overall, I think Hainan Airlines provided me with a great flight experience from ground service through to in-flight service. I'm very impressed with the kindness and the quality service from all of the staff members.
AircraftA330-200
RouteXi'an to Melbourne
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"it was a very nice trip"

Verified Review | Berlin to Harbin via Beijing. It was a very nice trip. The seats in economy class are comfortable. The flight offered two meals, which were quite nice. The airline stewardess supplied warm and friendly service. I flew during Chinese new year time. A lot of Chinese people travel back to their home town with family. There is in total 4 babies on the plane, some of them cried nearly the whole trip. In Beijing Airport there is no luggage transfer service as I have to clear China customs here before domestic flight, which means I need to pick up my luggage by myself in Beijing and check in again in a very short time. Before my trip they told me in the airport there is direct transfer service, but I didn't get any help in the airport.
RouteBerlin to Harbin via Beijing
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"it was a decent airline"

Verified Review | Calgary to Bangkok return via Beijing, and all in all it was a decent airline. The check in from Calgary was easy with no complications. The Boeing 787 was clean and everything appeared in good condition. The seats were comfortable and had adequate leg room (I'm 188 cm or 6'2). The entertainment system had a few new movies and a decent amount of older content. The food on the flight was pretty good but the beer was awful.The flight attendants spoke a minimum amount of English. You would think they'd put staff onboard who could. The Boeing 737 flight back from Bangkok to Beijing departed at 0130. Shortly after take off they served us our meal, again it was decent food. Then we reclined and hoped to get some sleep on this red eye flight. Nope that was not in store for us. The TV screens kept dropping down blasting us with light and audio over the PA system. The flight attendants kept making announcements and turning on the main cabin light. On a red eye no one wants anything but sleep, please let us sleep. So all in all it was a decent four flights, but not spectacular. I was not greeted when I got onboard with a hello or thank-you or good-bye when I left. Will I fly with Hainan again, yes if they are a cheaper or have good connections.
AircraftBoeing 787 / 737
RouteCalgary to Bangkok via Beijing
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"it’s a good experience"

Verified Review | Chengdu to Boston via Beijing. Generally, it’s a good experience flying with Hainan Airlines. My cheap ticket didn’t allow me to choose seats, but at the check-in counter, Hainan Airlines staff changed my seat to the row near one emergency exit as I required. Their food is acceptable, and many type of drinks are available. I should say their food is not as good as ANA, but is much better than Air China. My flight was between China and United States, but besides English and Chinese, it was amazing to find one crew member was also able to speak Japanese.
RouteChengdu to Boston via Beijing
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"flight crew was awesome"

Verified Review | Chicago O'Hare to Beijing. The Boeing 787 is an incredible airplane - it is spacious, comfortable, and well designed for comfort of the traveller. It is the quietest airplane I have flown on. In addition, the decor of the airplane is very tasteful. The flight crew was awesome - professionally attired, friendly, and displayed incredible service. I witnessed then helping a mother with a crying baby and helping the baby relax, cleaning any litter that appeared on the floor or seats to keep the cabin clean, helping passengers fill out their forms for immigration. They served the offered in a very professional answer and offering alternatives, making several passes through the cabin for service, and offering additional snacks and beverages. The price of the ticket was well worth the money. Thanks to Hainan Airlines for providing an excellent flight and staff.
RouteChicago to Beijing

"exceptionally good attitude"

Verified Review | Beijing to Toronto. The food offers good variety even for economy class compared to my past experience. Cabin crew is very friendly that take care of each passenger's needs with exceptionally good attitude during the flight. I will always choose Hainan Airlines since they offer good flight route as well as service. Lots up to date entertainment programs are available which impressed me.
RouteBeijing to Toronto
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"experience was very good"

Verified Review | Beijing to Seattle. The overall experience was very good. The flight attendants were very kind and caring. I sat at the emergency exit and the flight attendant asked me to read the instructions and confirmed with me that I can perform my duty, which is good. The food and cabin service is good. I was hungry during the flight and they invited me to use the self-serve bar at the end of the aircraft and to help myself.
RouteBeijing to Seattle
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"strongly recommend this flight"

(China)

Verified Review | Beijing to Boston on Hainan Airlines. Brand new Boeing 787-9, cabin staff are professional, elegant and warm hearted. I strongly recommend this flight. Food is good, both traditional Chinese food and western food. Entertainment is abundant and updated. There is free wifi, though not fast.
RouteBeijing to Boston
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"cabin service is outstanding"

Verified Review | Calgary to Beijing. The cabin service of Hainan Airline is outstanding compared with other airlines running the Canada to China route. The food is good and cabin crews are really nice and patient. They try their best to meet my needs. Only issue is the ground service staff, they are not as friendly as the cabin staff. I am assuming they are hired from Air Canada. Overall, I would say this is an impressive trip provided by a 5-star airline. I definitely recommend this airline.
RouteCalgary to Beijing
Date FlownDecember 2016

"recommend Hainan Airlines"

(China)

Verified Review | Beijing to San Jose. It is a great pleasure to travel with Hainan Airlines, my wife and me enjoyed the trip a lot. It was a Boeing 787 we flew and the seat was comfortable with a lot of entertainment choices. We were not bored even if it was a long fight. The flight attendants offered great service and the food was really good. I'd like to recommend Hainan Airlines. Thank you for your great service.
RouteBeijing to San Jose