Gulf Air

Review by (United Kingdom)

London to Jeddah via Bahrain. Check-in fantastic at London. Gulf Air offer a decent Economy Class product with nice entertainment, although that can be improved. Food was decent and staff seemed nice, however they should try engage in more conversation with passengers. After our long transit in Bahrain Airport we boarded our flight to Jeddah on an A321. Boarding was chaotic, staff were rude to first time pilgrim flyers who couldn't locate their seats. Gulf Air offers an good Economy class product for A321 with decent Entertainment. However this flight wasn't as good as the London to Bahrain flight.
AircraftA330-200/A321
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteLondon to Jeddah via BA

Gulf Air customer review

Review by (United Arab Emirates)

I've been a Gulf Air gold or silver card holder for 15 years, so I have travelled with them a lot. Howvever, one of Gulf Air's regular 'habits' is to let you board a plane with little or no A/C, even in the middle of summer. This means that at the very start of a long day you start sweating, your clothes become drenched in perspiration and by the end of the day you feel really uncomfortable. They do this so regularly now that it is not an accident. None of the other airlines do it and I'm guessing they think they are being cute and saving money. However, I've had enough of it and won't be flying with them again due to this reason. I'm fed up with stinking of sweat at the end of a very long day of meetings in foreign places. Not for me.
RouteDOH to LHR
Date FlownJuly 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

Having flown with Emirates and Eithad, I was looking forward to a good service from Gulf Air. This was my first experience flying with them and probably the last. The food served was horrible. The air stewards and stewardess could not speak clear English hence, were rude to most of the passengers who could not understand what they were saying. They were not very efficient or attentive to passengers. I had to call them twice to be given a blanket since it was very cold onboard. The inflight entertainment movie selection was very poor when compared to Emirates who have a better selection.
RouteLHR to Kerala via Bahrain
Date FlownJuly 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

We got an offer for 500GBP per person at last minute. The plane from London to Bahrain was awful - delayed boarding. Crew were unkind. The food was served late, even after many requests for some snacks (my kids got hungry), the crew didn't manage to give anything. There were no vegetarian options left. The entertainment was cut off during half the flight. However, once in Bahrain everything went smoothly. The check-in was delightful. The crew were very pleasant and the flights were on time. The food was very nice and the entertainment was perfect. Our return was perfect - the only down side was the first journey.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteLondon to Chennai via Bahrain

Review by (United Kingdom)

Flew London to Abu Dhabi via Bahrain. London to Bahrain on board an A330. Check in was fast with no issues. On board was not so clean. Old headphones in the seat pocket, tissue under the seat. Pretty empty flight so moved to the first row in economy which had loads of legroom. Seats onboard are very hard and quite uncomfortable for a long flight. IFE was ok. Not a huge selection and for some strange reason, my IFE showed more movies and shows than my partners. Food was pretty average on all legs with only 1 drinks service on each leg. On the retuern leg, cabin staff were nowhere to be seen. Only seen when they took first class food to the rear of the plane for them to eat. The Bahrain to Abu Dhabi leg was great. Short flight with a quick food service. Seats on this part were great. Much much comfier than the long haul section. All in all I would say Gulf Air need to improve in a few areas to be as good as most other middle eastern airlines. I was a bit disappointed and would not fly with them again if I can help it. Very average.
AircraftA330/320
RouteLHR to Abu Dhabi via Bahrain
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (Thailand)

I had not flown Gulf for many years, their business class was old and tired, and had 160 degree angled seats, which I find very uncomfortable. I had read many reviews regarding their new Falcon Gold business class, and at a really super price return Bangkok-London, I gave them a second chance. Lounge was nice, security at Bahrain was fast, lounge again very nice. The cabin was a breath of fresh air compared to before, lie flat seats, good food, free flowing wine, I enjoyed the experience. Inflight movie selection was ok, but small selection. It's not Emirates A380, or Emirates lounges, but at 40% less in price, they have my business as long as they don't get expensive again.
RouteBangkok to London via Bahrain

Review by (United Kingdom)

I recently traveled to and from Bahrain using Gulf Air. I was up until 2 years ago a silver frequent flyer but because I had not visited there for a while I have dropped down to blue. The difference in flying this time compared to 2 years ago was incredible. I was really impressed with everything. Staff both on the ground and in the air were courteous friendly and helpful and on the return flight included two young newly trained stewardesses who were an absolute delight. The screens and seats have all been upgraded and the in flight entertainment was much improved. The food was also very good. I will definitely be flying with Gulf Air again.

Review by (Saudi Arabia)

BAH-KHI on April 12 and KHI-BAH on April 13. On time departure both ways. A320 was in good condition. Staff were courteous food and IFE were OK. Will fly again.

Review by (Saudi Arabia)