Top 100 Airports

Gulf Air

"buy new ticket rather than fly Gulf Air"

The first part of the flight from Heathrow to Bahrain was okay, not the best but the flight was virtually empty no more than 25 people in my section. We were encouraged to move around and make use of all the free space. However, while waiting in transit to continue the journey to Bangkok the flight which was due take leave at 22.20 was delayed by 10 hours until the next morning. This delay was not announced at the gate and it wasn't until we checked the board that we found out about the delay. Hotel accommodation was provided but it all took far too long. The hotel had arranged an early morning call at 5am to make sure everyone was ready to be transferred back to the airport. Unfortunately, although everyone was up and ready, 10 minutes before 5am I received an email saying that the flight had been delayed until 8pm that night! For some reason some people did not receive the email. This email was too late and we should have been notified sooner. The flight finally left Bahrain almost 24 hours later. I discovered that some people had been delayed from the night before which meant they had been waiting 48 hours and apparently their flight was also very empty. When the flight left it was full to the brim and it was a different plane as our seat numbers did not correspond with those that we had booked and we didn't have the extra leg room that we ad booked. I have emailed the airline on several occasions asking for the delay information in order to make my insurance claim but they have failed to supply this even though it is now outside the 3 week waiting time. In my opinion they simply held the 2 flights over in order to send one full flight, that is all, and it is not acceptable. I have my return ticket for November which I will not use, I would rather buy a new ticket rather than fly Gulf Air!
Date FlownJune 2016

"all in all worst experience"

Verified Review | Mumbai to Frankfurt via Bahrain. 14 business class seats have one too small toilet. The entertainment system has very outdated contents. Seats are angled and hence getting sleep is impossible. Since it's A320, the Business class or so called Falcon Gold is connected with other cabin with tons of noise. All in all its very worst flight. Even the staff seems has no care for business class passenger to serve them breakfast. All in all worst experience.
RouteBOM to FRA via BAH
Date FlownJuly 2016

"worst experience in air travel"

I travelled Gulf Air from Riyadh to Chennai via Bahrain. The flight was delayed more than 15 hours due to technical problem at Riyadh. No proper information about the departure from the ground staff. No airline staff come forward to explain the status about the problem to the passengers. Finally problem was fixed after 15 hours and left to Bahrain. Connecting flight from Bahrain was missed and waited at Bahrain for 8 hours. There was total delay of 24 hours when reaching chennai. There was no alternate arrangements made to the passengers. My worst experience in air travel.
RouteRUH to MAA via BA
Date FlownJune 2016

"staff were courteous"

London to Muscat via Bahrain. I checked in online and dropped off my bags at the airport in a matter of minutes. Ground staff friendly and helpful. A330 clean and looked recently renovated. Economy seats were comfortable and cabin staff were courteous and friendly. The meal was the best I have had in economy class. Plenty of items and a great choice of drinks. Managed to get a sleep on board which was a bonus. The only slight negative was the lack of choice when it came to inflight entertainment. The second flight with a quick stop in Bahrain on an A320 was very comfortable and staff were friendly. Drink and snack was provided and arrived ahead of schedule. I flew back to Bahrain for a short visit then back on to London. I was very impressed with the food, cleanliness of aircraft and staff.
RouteLHR to MCT via BAH
Date FlownMarch 2016

"friendly flight attendants"

I loved every minute of my flight from Frankfurt to Bahrain with Gulf Air. Check in was quick and easy and the lounge used in Frankfurt was nice too (Cathay Pacific). Once onboard we had spacious flat bed seats and were greeted by friendly flight attendants. The amenity kits were a nice touch. The food was very tasty and I liked the dates and arabic coffee which was served just before takeoff. My only complaint was the somewhat limited selection of in-flight movies and lack of music options.
RouteFrankfurt to Bahrain
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"I would recommend them"

The price was good and Gulf Air timings were good for my journey from Heathrow to Bangkok return via Bahrain. The flight was empty from Heathrow and i got a seat to myself by the window. I found seats perfectly fine for both the outward leg and the return one too. The food was tasty and had 3 choices and it came quickly, nice wine but not much choice in spirits (gin please!). The crew were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I was even offered an extra meal as I was complimentary about my meal from Bahrain to Bangkok! The movie selection was ok but nothing too special, and you had to watch a 2.5 minute Bahrain airshow footage each time you wanted to watch something, which was a bit irritating, but nothing too bad. The moving map was informative and information on local times and eta were handy as well. The plane was clean, blankets offered and the toilets were clean on all of the flights. I couldn't really fault anything major at all. I would recommend them to anyone wanting a good priced scheduled airline that didn't mind a change in Bahrain for longer haul flights.

"seats were comfortable"

I flew London to Bangkok return via Bahrain, with a very short stopover (1.5 hours) in Bahrain. Every flight left on time, the food was very good, service was friendly and seats were comfortable and plenty of legroom. The IFE was pretty good; not as good as some other airlines but it worked fine and had a good selection of documentaries. For less than £450 return it would be difficult to complain. I can recommend Gulf Air based upon my experience, and would definitely fly with them again.
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"unbeatable quality for the price paid"

Probably not the most luxurious business class product in the skies with Gulf Air, but unbeatable quality for the price paid from Paris CDG to Bangkok via Bahrain. Very relaxed crew, comfortable seat and very decent food. A low-profile airline that deserves to be better known. Would definitely fly with them again.
RouteCDG to BKK via BAH

"I'd fly them again"

London to Bangkok return via Bahrain. Quick and efficent check-in at Heathrow T4 but despite checking in online I was unable to get my preferred aisle seat. The flight was a little late in departing but most of the delay was made up before arriving in BAH. Economy seats were more comfortable than Emirates with reasonable space on the A330. Cabin service on all flights was nothing special, with fairly surly crews on all legs but food was simple and tasty with plenty of drinks choices. IFE nothing special, but I usually prefer to read or sleep on these night flights. Upon arrival in BKK the aircraft was stopped several hundred metres from the stand and many passengers decided to get up and 'leave'. For the last few minutes of taxi-ing the aisles were jammed with passengers and bags - and the cabin crew sat, watched - and did precisely nothing. It's not a great advertisement for an airline who can't or won't control their passengers. Quick and efficient (10 minute) check-in in BKK. The best part of the trip was transit through Bahrain - courteous and helpful staff (something which Dubai often lacks), clean uncrowded toilets and a sensible sized terminal. Boarding was a bit disorganised but otherwise okay, and generally pretty quick. I've flown Gulf before and I'd fly them again.

"unimpressive journey"

Hyderabad to London via Bahrain with Gulf Air was a very forgettable and unimpressive journey. Having flown other middle east airlines (Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Oman) I wanted to try Gulf Air as well. The first leg (4.5 hours) was in a very hot cabin and it was quite uncomfortable. The food was just okay and the entertainment system was rather poor compared to those of rivals in the region (for January they have a focus on Julia Roberts and have about 15 movies of hers, in theory a great idea but not when the overall offering is not that big). There were too many automated PAs and the FAs lacked training or character. On the Bahrain to London leg the passenger sitting next to me was give a non-veg meal even though he had ordered a Hindu vegetarian meal so he had to ask for fruit so as to eat something. 30 minutes before landing his meal was located, at which point it was too late. The A330 was refurbed and showed it, seats were okay though on the tighter side. Given the marginal cost differential between Gulf and other carriers I would pick any of the other ones.
AircraftA321 / A330