Gulf Air

"they accused me of lying"

Trip Verified | London to Dubai via Bahrain. I flew with my family and my wife’s chair didn’t work, I complained on the flight and they then moved my wife and daughter some rows behind us, this was done by moving a single passenger to the seat that was working. On the way back my wife’s chair didn’t recline and again the same nonsense! Not to mention that Gulf cancelled my connecting flight from Dubai to Bahrain but chose not to rebook it. I found this out when I then tried to call and double check all my details. I made a formal complaint to Gulf air who took 2 months to respond, they accused me of lying. They are the poorest airline I have ever flown with.
RouteLondon to Dubai via Bahrain

"was a great experience"

Trip Verified | Athens to Mumbai via Bahrain. It was a great experience particularly while travelling from Bahrain to Mumbai. I was very happy with the hospitality of one of the hostesses, she was so helpful and courteous.
RouteAthens to Mumbai via Bahrain
Date FlownApril 2018

"won’t honor seat assignment"

Trip Verified | Abu Dhabi to London via Bahrain. They won’t honor your seat assignment even when you go to the trouble of checking in online and have a confirmation (my seat was 12D, but during the boarding process they changed it to row 28 - the last one in the plane!). On my outbound flight they lost my luggage and couldn’t print my boarding pass for the second leg of the trip causing me to stand in line for over 30 minutes at the Transfer Desk in Bahrain to get it printed and almost missed my connection.
RouteAbu Dhabi to London via Bahrain
Date FlownApril 2018

"seats look old but clean"

Trip Verified | Flight from Kuwait to Bahrain was full (04/18/2018). The plane seats look old but clean. The movies on their IFE were a little old and neither do they provide headsets. Cabin temperature was mild to hot all throughout the flight. One of the staff was rude.
RouteKuwait to Bahrain
Date FlownApril 2018

"thoroughly enjoyed my flight"

Trip Verified | Bahrain to Bangkok. Business class seating was 2x2x2 layout, with 76 inch pitch and flat bed. Boarding was smooth, and I was offered pre flight drinks, including champagne. I opted for my favourite lemon and mint soft drink. Amenity Kit was tucked into the side of my seat. Then followed the towel. The seat was extremely comfortable, although I found manipulating the controls little difficult. The announcements were also unclear. Pre-dinner drinks were on offer, although no wine list or drinks menu was offered on the outbound leg. The onboard 'chef' asked me what my choice of drinks would be, and deliberately knowing they would not have it, I asked for a Manhattan. He was so apologetic, but we laughed about it, and settled for a tripple Chevas on the rocks. He took my order a for Middle Eastern selection of starters, including humus and delicious concoctions. That was followed by a grilled steak that was so tender and tasty. The desert and cheese trolley followed soon after. The IFE as usual, is very limited, boring and the controls difficult to operate. The noise-cancelling headphones weren't any better, and kept crackling and I tried to watch a movie I had seen before, but had fallen asleep anyway, And hour and a half before landing, breakfast was served, I was too full and settled for just a croissant and coffee. On my return, I was served with a wine list and the onboard chef addressed me by name and even posed for some photos. The food was excellent, with very quick and friendly service from the flight attendants. Gulf Air in my view deserves to be upgraded to 4 stars, at least in Business Class. I thoroughly enjoyed my flight, and have no hesitation of flying with them again. But please Gulf Air, can you do something about your IFE?
Aircraft A330
RouteBahrain to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2018

"good service and great food"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Bahrain. Having flown economy before and rather disappointed, I was hoping for a much better experience flying Falcon Gold (Business Class) with them. Check in at Heathrow Terminal 4 was efficient and quick. Gulf Air usually use A330's on their long haul sectors, but for some reason deploy a narrow body for this one mid week flight. The 2x2 layout for the A320ER was as expected. But what surprised me was the seat pitch of around 76 inches, three clear windows width, and partition for privacy, which was the same as wide body aircraft. On boarding I was offered a hot towel and a welcome drink, including sparkling wine. The amenity kit was OK without being luxurious. We took off on time, and I settled down in my seat which was very comfortable and big. Then came the on board 'chef' (like on Turkish Airlines), taking my request for lunch. Pre lunch drinks were served, with top ups, followed by an excellent meal. Their signature dish of tender Lamb Shank was oh so delicious, followed by a sweet and cheese trolley. My only disappointment was the IFE, with a very limited selection of movies and shows. I opted to read my book and nodded off for a short nap instead. An hour before landing, we were served with a snack. Arriving in Bahrain usually meets with hectic queues. No Fast Track was offered. But I was pleasantly surprised to be second in the queue at passport control. From disembarking, to meeting my contact at arrivals in a mere 15 minutes! It was a faultless flight (with the exception of IFE), with good service and great food. I am looking forward to my next leg on a A330.
AircraftA320ER
RouteLondon Heathrow to Bahrain
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"recommend never using Gulf"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Colombo to London via Bahrain. I had a really appalling experience with Gulf Air. Having had a text confirmation of the flight, it was then delayed 4 hours (with no text informing me of this, which would have saved me going to the airport). Upon returning to the airport at 1100pm on New Year's eve, I was told the flight was cancelled. There was no business Check in, so wth two kids I had to wait in a long queue of irate passengers. They were massively under-staffed, and were unable to find me any alternative flight to London, so I booked my own - on Qatar Airways (a great airline) - it took my a whole 3 minutes to find this flight, but Gulf air were unable to do anything! Despite writing three times to Gulf, including one email to the mis-titled, 'director of communications', I had no apology or indeed any reply whatsoever from them. Eventually through my on line travel agency I got a note saying that I would be reimbursed for my flight within 30 Days. It is all a bit of a joke, my last minute tickets on Qatar Airways cost me an additional £3,000. So if this is how they treat their Business Class customers, imagine what it's like in Economy. I seriously recommend never using Gulf - there is a massive Gulf between what they promise and what they deliver!
RouteColombo to London via Bahrain
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Huge regret on my part"

Trip Verified | Lahore to London via Bahrain in April 2017. Lahore airport busy and bustling. Ground staff for check in were OK but made some very questionable decisions regarding the queuing which meant I had to wait an extra 15-20 minutes. Checked into the lounge for a few hours' sleep only to realise that the flight had been delayed by three hours, which really worried me seeing as I had a 3 hour layover in Bahrain. But, waited out and then after another delay (there was no explanation by the way) boarded an old A320 with poorly maintained seats, broken IFE and an absolute skirmish for seats. Taking the seat on your boarding pass? Forget about it. I'm glad I actually got a seat if I'm honest. Breakfast was positively repulsive judging by what my brother got so I skipped on it. Cabin crew were curt and disrespectful. Got to Bahrain and my connection to London had been delayed by 8 hours, giving me 5 hours in Bahrain airport. Went to try and talk to someone at a counter about the status of the next flight and all I got was an earful of shouts and insults. McDonalds in Bahrain is pretty cheap and is fairly low on the Big Mac index. Heathrow flight was OK – pretty empty, crew was pleasant and food not as terrible. IFE semi worked. Plane was still very old and the seat was pretty uncomfortable. I bought these tickets as they were cheap via a travel agent. The extra £100 to fly with Qatar Airways would have been so worth it. Huge regret on my part.
AircraftA330-200
RouteLahore to London via Bahrain
Date FlownApril 2017

"nice and helpful experience"

Trip Verified | London to Multan via Bahrain. I booked a ticket for my wife and my 3 weeks old son through Gulf air, after booking I have called customer services two times, it was nice and helpful experience to talk to customer services, and agent was polite. My wife said the staff was really helpful and made her trip really easy as she was travelling alone with 3 weeks old son, the crew was outstanding. While dropping my wife and son in the airport, the supervisor lady for checking in heathrow terminal 4 warmly welcomed us and she has given us priority check-in due to 3 weeks baby with us. Apart from this, my wife had a good support in Bahrain airport as well (the staff at Bahrain airport was good and supportive too).
RouteLondon to Multan via Bahrain
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"recommend never to fly with them"

Trip Verified | Myself and friends flew Gulfair to Colchin in Kerala for a nice January break. Unfortunately the holiday didn't get off to a good start as we had a 3hour delay in Heathrow with no warning and this was followed by a 8.5hour delay in Bahrain. We were not provided with any accommodation, food or water. We missed a pre packed hotel night in our final destination. I have contacted the company on multiple occasions but you are unable to speak to their customer care department directly and even though they promise someone will call you back no one does. I would recommend never to fly with them!!
RouteHeathrow to Cochin via Bahrain