Gulf Air

"rude and insolent"

Trip Verified | London to Dubai via Bahrain. The first leg of the outward journey was fine - we boarded and departed from Heathrow on time and the crew were professional and efficient. Then we got to Bahrain and quality went out of the window. The Gulf Air ground crew were rude and insolent. Then the flight crew didn't bother to turn up on time and the flight to Dubai was delayed - no word of explanation or apology. The flight attendants seemed unable to communicate verbally. I am now on the return part of my journey and sitting in Dubai airport where (surprise surprise!) the flight to Bahrain has been delayed by 1.5 hours- once again with no explanation. I will undoubtedly miss my connecting flight back to Heathrow. Gulf Air? Never again!
RouteLondon to Dubai via Bahrain
Date FlownJuly 2018

"good food and service"

Not Verified | Paris to Bangkok via Bahrain. Good value, good food and service, comfortable seat but not fully flat. Airplanes on time, comfortable lounges. I recommend. FR: Bon rapport qualité/prix, nourriture et service correct, siège confortable mais pas totalement à l'horizontal. Avions à l'heure, salons confortables. RAS, je recommande .
AircraftA330 200
RouteParis to Bangkok via Bahrain
Date FlownAugust 2017

"There was no apology from Gulf"

Trip Verified | I flew from London to Islamabad (via Bahrain) with Gulf Air on 11 June. I checked-in two bags in London. Only one bag arrived in Islamabad. The missing bag arrived one week later! There was no apology from Gulf or explanation why it had taken a week for my bag to arrive. Customer services were poor. My advice would be not to travel with Gulf. There are plenty of other, better airlines operating in the region with more convenient routes and flight times.
RouteLondon to Islamabad via Bahrain
Date FlownJune 2018

"good routes and timings"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | London to Bahrain. I fly Gulf Air regularly to the UK and around the gulf region so this airlines suits me fine with good routes and timings. I've found them punctual nearly all the time. The service on the ground and on board is acceptable. This was interesting for me because the return was on one of their brand new Dreamliner planes (3-3-3 economy configuration) and it was pretty comfortable. I was lucky as the plane wasn't completely full. The armrests lift up fully and so following meal service I was able to get some sleep across the three seats. Perfect.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 787-9
RouteLondon to Bahrain
Date FlownJune 2018

"they accused me of lying"

Trip Verified | London to Dubai via Bahrain. I flew with my family and my wife’s chair didn’t work, I complained on the flight and they then moved my wife and daughter some rows behind us, this was done by moving a single passenger to the seat that was working. On the way back my wife’s chair didn’t recline and again the same nonsense! Not to mention that Gulf cancelled my connecting flight from Dubai to Bahrain but chose not to rebook it. I found this out when I then tried to call and double check all my details. I made a formal complaint to Gulf air who took 2 months to respond, they accused me of lying. They are the poorest airline I have ever flown with.
RouteLondon to Dubai via Bahrain
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"was a great experience"

Trip Verified | Athens to Mumbai via Bahrain. It was a great experience particularly while travelling from Bahrain to Mumbai. I was very happy with the hospitality of one of the hostesses, she was so helpful and courteous.
RouteAthens to Mumbai via Bahrain
Date FlownApril 2018

"won’t honor seat assignment"

Trip Verified | Abu Dhabi to London via Bahrain. They won’t honor your seat assignment even when you go to the trouble of checking in online and have a confirmation (my seat was 12D, but during the boarding process they changed it to row 28 - the last one in the plane!). On my outbound flight they lost my luggage and couldn’t print my boarding pass for the second leg of the trip causing me to stand in line for over 30 minutes at the Transfer Desk in Bahrain to get it printed and almost missed my connection.
RouteAbu Dhabi to London via Bahrain
Date FlownApril 2018

"seats look old but clean"

Trip Verified | Flight from Kuwait to Bahrain was full (04/18/2018). The plane seats look old but clean. The movies on their IFE were a little old and neither do they provide headsets. Cabin temperature was mild to hot all throughout the flight. One of the staff was rude.
RouteKuwait to Bahrain
Date FlownApril 2018

"thoroughly enjoyed my flight"

Trip Verified | Bahrain to Bangkok. Business class seating was 2x2x2 layout, with 76 inch pitch and flat bed. Boarding was smooth, and I was offered pre flight drinks, including champagne. I opted for my favourite lemon and mint soft drink. Amenity Kit was tucked into the side of my seat. Then followed the towel. The seat was extremely comfortable, although I found manipulating the controls little difficult. The announcements were also unclear. Pre-dinner drinks were on offer, although no wine list or drinks menu was offered on the outbound leg. The onboard 'chef' asked me what my choice of drinks would be, and deliberately knowing they would not have it, I asked for a Manhattan. He was so apologetic, but we laughed about it, and settled for a tripple Chevas on the rocks. He took my order a for Middle Eastern selection of starters, including humus and delicious concoctions. That was followed by a grilled steak that was so tender and tasty. The desert and cheese trolley followed soon after. The IFE as usual, is very limited, boring and the controls difficult to operate. The noise-cancelling headphones weren't any better, and kept crackling and I tried to watch a movie I had seen before, but had fallen asleep anyway, And hour and a half before landing, breakfast was served, I was too full and settled for just a croissant and coffee. On my return, I was served with a wine list and the onboard chef addressed me by name and even posed for some photos. The food was excellent, with very quick and friendly service from the flight attendants. Gulf Air in my view deserves to be upgraded to 4 stars, at least in Business Class. I thoroughly enjoyed my flight, and have no hesitation of flying with them again. But please Gulf Air, can you do something about your IFE?
Aircraft A330
RouteBahrain to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2018

"good service and great food"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Bahrain. Having flown economy before and rather disappointed, I was hoping for a much better experience flying Falcon Gold (Business Class) with them. Check in at Heathrow Terminal 4 was efficient and quick. Gulf Air usually use A330's on their long haul sectors, but for some reason deploy a narrow body for this one mid week flight. The 2x2 layout for the A320ER was as expected. But what surprised me was the seat pitch of around 76 inches, three clear windows width, and partition for privacy, which was the same as wide body aircraft. On boarding I was offered a hot towel and a welcome drink, including sparkling wine. The amenity kit was OK without being luxurious. We took off on time, and I settled down in my seat which was very comfortable and big. Then came the on board 'chef' (like on Turkish Airlines), taking my request for lunch. Pre lunch drinks were served, with top ups, followed by an excellent meal. Their signature dish of tender Lamb Shank was oh so delicious, followed by a sweet and cheese trolley. My only disappointment was the IFE, with a very limited selection of movies and shows. I opted to read my book and nodded off for a short nap instead. An hour before landing, we were served with a snack. Arriving in Bahrain usually meets with hectic queues. No Fast Track was offered. But I was pleasantly surprised to be second in the queue at passport control. From disembarking, to meeting my contact at arrivals in a mere 15 minutes! It was a faultless flight (with the exception of IFE), with good service and great food. I am looking forward to my next leg on a A330.
AircraftA320ER