Gulf Air

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th June 2015

Flew London to Abu Dhabi via Bahrain. London to Bahrain on board an A330. Check in was fast with no issues. On board was not so clean. Old headphones in the seat pocket, tissue under the seat. Pretty empty flight so moved to the first row in economy which had loads of legroom. Seats onboard are very hard and quite uncomfortable for a long flight. IFE was ok. Not a huge selection and for some strange reason, my IFE showed more movies and shows than my partners. Food was pretty average on all legs with only 1 drinks service on each leg. On the retuern leg, cabin staff were nowhere to be seen. Only seen when they took first class food to the rear of the plane for them to eat. The Bahrain to Abu Dhabi leg was great. Short flight with a quick food service. Seats on this part were great. Much much comfier than the long haul section. All in all I would say Gulf Air need to improve in a few areas to be as good as most other middle eastern airlines. I was a bit disappointed and would not fly with them again if I can help it. Very average.
AircraftA330/320
RouteLHR to Abu Dhabi via Bahrain

Review by (Thailand) 15th June 2015

I had not flown Gulf for many years, their business class was old and tired, and had 160 degree angled seats, which I find very uncomfortable. I had read many reviews regarding their new Falcon Gold business class, and at a really super price return Bangkok-London, I gave them a second chance. Lounge was nice, security at Bahrain was fast, lounge again very nice. The cabin was a breath of fresh air compared to before, lie flat seats, good food, free flowing wine, I enjoyed the experience. Inflight movie selection was ok, but small selection. It's not Emirates A380, or Emirates lounges, but at 40% less in price, they have my business as long as they don't get expensive again.
RouteBangkok to London via Bahrain

Review by (United Kingdom) 8th May 2015

I recently traveled to and from Bahrain using Gulf Air. I was up until 2 years ago a silver frequent flyer but because I had not visited there for a while I have dropped down to blue. The difference in flying this time compared to 2 years ago was incredible. I was really impressed with everything. Staff both on the ground and in the air were courteous friendly and helpful and on the return flight included two young newly trained stewardesses who were an absolute delight. The screens and seats have all been upgraded and the in flight entertainment was much improved. The food was also very good. I will definitely be flying with Gulf Air again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 8th May 2015

Review by (Saudi Arabia) 5th May 2015

BAH-KHI on April 12 and KHI-BAH on April 13. On time departure both ways. A320 was in good condition. Staff were courteous food and IFE were OK. Will fly again.

Review by (Saudi Arabia) 5th May 2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th April 2015

LHR-BAH-ISB 27 March 2015. The check-in was good as I had checked in online so shorter queue at that counter flight left on time for BAH. I had exit seats so plenty of space FA very helpful and courteous although seat comfort less desirable very hard and uncomfortable. The food was ok but portions were smaller than I expected. The IFE was also good but lacks variety. The transit at BAH was quick and airport is small but very nice and clean. Flight from BAH to ISB was the best as I got an upgrade to business class which was excellent. The food choice was great and seats were comfortable. Arrived on time and would fly again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th April 2015

Review by (France) 28th March 2015

CDG-BAH-MCT one way. Unusual 6 hour flight in A320 for CDG-BAH leg but actually the small cabin and good long- haul seats makes this a comfortable flight. I had exit seat but the pitch seemed better that on many bigger planes. Cabin was fine. IFE was good and food was above average. It was a day flight but we were given mask earplugs and socks – Oman Air does not. FAs were nice and one was particularly kind and smiley. Also very nice ground staff in Paris. Plane was half empty and from other reviews this seems frequent on that leg with the small cabin it gives an excellent feeling. The only downside was that the seat cushion was not good (Recaro seats). I would definitely fly GF again with that plane on that leg. Due to traffic in CDG connection was extremely short in BAH (slow bus transfer does not help!) I had to rush but my luggage arrived safely. Short BAH-MCT flight was nothing special we were given a tasty sandwich water and juice.

Review by (France) 28th March 2015