Gol Transportes Aéreos

"flight was punctual"

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Porto Alegre. This flight was punctual, boarding efficient the aircraft clean, and for a short flight, snacks and drinks were readily available. I have travelled a lot on internal Brazilian flights and find the airlines for the most part efficient.
RouteSao Paulo to Porto Alegre
Date FlownJune 2018

"service is average"

Trip Verified | Rio de Janiero to Sao Paulo. I heard from people in Brazil that GOL was a good airline, but the flight I was on wasn't. The guy behind the counter was great he had some problems printing the tickets for the KLM flight and adviced us to go to the KLM counter, minor problem. The airplane is average, the service is average.
RouteRio de Janiero to Sao Paulo
Date FlownMay 2018

"refuse to refund me"

Verified Review | Buenos Aires to Sao Paulo. I was warned about this airline. Horrible service, at the check-in employee and then manager asked to see my yellow fever shotcard. I produced it and they claimed it wasn't valid as it was older than 10 years. Once I said that that requirement was changed earlier that year by the WHO they claimed they suddenly couldn't read the date although it is quite legible. Because of this I missed my flight to South Africa. The following day I checked with a doctor at Argentina's ministry of health who agreed my shot card was perfectly valid, legible, and the airline is wrong. I tried to file a complaint with the airline but they refuse to help, at first denied the incident ever took place, tried to cover it up by claiming I was a no-show, and are still claiming a handwritten numerical date is too difficult to read and refuse to refund me for their mistake. Avoid airline, I've since heard dozens of similar stories, they rip people off and they are much better options than flying with them.
RouteBuenos Aires to Sao Paulo
Date FlownOctober 2016

"premium Class is a fraud"

Verified Review | Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires. Premium Class is a complete fraud. GOL advertise the following benefits - Lounge Access, Extra checked luggage, Premium Check in, Premium Boarding, Extra Leg room seat, Amenity Kit, Premium class locker, Premium class toilet. Firstly, online check in did not work. It worked for the passenger travelling on the same booking but not for me. On arriving at GIG it was chaos. No priority check in could be found and GOL staff were rude and unhelpful. After 30 minute wait we reached check in. Our bags were processed and both were 24kg. The normal allowance is 21kg but increased to 32kg for premium passengers. We were given a slip and informed to take to payment desk to pay excess baggage charges. We explained we were not due any charges as we had a 32kg allowance, this took 30 minutes to sort out with lots of aggressive attitude towards us. Once through the check in ordeal we thought we would relax in the lounge. Wrong, on enquiring about location of the lounge we were laughed at by GOL staff and told no lounge, unlike the GOL advertised facilities. Boarding was meant to be by priority when in reality it was who could push hardest. Premium lockers were full of crew bags Premium toilets were used by anyone and everyone. GOL Premium is a fabrication of what they really offer its a complete lie.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteGIG to EZE
Date FlownOctober 2016

"pleasant and professional"

Verified Review | Rio de Janiero to Belem. Boarding was smooth and I was upgraded at check in to the comfort class. Seat recline and legroom in comfort class were extremely comfortable and seat width too was great! Cabin crew were pleasant and professional. Only water and a dry snack is served on board - the rest is for purchase. What I loved about this airline is that they make announcements in English unlike their counterparts! For a foreigner it is crucial we know what's being announced. Thanks for a great flight.
RouteGIG to BEL
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"teach flight attendants manners"

Manaus to Sao Paulo. My family flew Voegol for the first time on August 30. While on the Voegol flight we were offered dry bread and water - this lack of service for a flight lasting over four hours. I said to my husband in a lighthearted manner, "This airline makes all others seem very generous." We chuckled. The male flight attendant heard me and threw 4 or 5 bags of dry bread at me! I picked them up, graciously handed them back and said, "No thank you." He replied "no" in a shouting manner and hid in the back for the rest of the flight. It may be Voegol's policy to increase profit by not even offering soda or coffee or tea; however, at the very least, I suggest they teach flight attendants some manners.
RouteMAO to GRU
Date FlownAugust 2016

"cabin crew had a bad attitude"

(South Africa)

This was our first time on GOL flying from Belem to Recife via Fortaleza and hopefully the last time flying with them. This was all thanks to the cabin crew who had a bad attitude. Our check in was a simple process with no hidden extra's thrown at us. In other words, no pre-print out boarding pass or pre check in was required before arriving at the counter like one or two other low cost carriers so we didn't have to pay a fine for not doing that. The flight was on time. Our route consisted of two legs, Belem, Forataleza and finally Recife. We managed to get some rest as lights were dimmed early after to take-off and the cabin crew didn't disturb us with many announcements. So far we were happy with the low cost. However on the second leg there was a crew change whilst we were on board. This I believe is normal practise with many airlines, however generally an announcement is made about it in some form or another. The moment the new cabin crew arrived, they immediately made the aircraft cooler to the point that it became very uncomfortable. A fair portion of the passengers asked (including my girlfriend and I) the cabin crew to make it warmer again. They said it would be done but never did. So after take-off, pasengers started using the call button to get it warmer and again nothing was done. When we finally asked one last time they said they would ask the Captain. After that they just kept ignoring the request. As a result of this and their lack of interest in the customer on the 2nd leg, I will be hesitant to use the airline again.
RouteBEL to REC via FOR
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"Cheap prices, friendly staff"

Verified Review | GOL Linhas Aereas are great, I flew with them 5 times to different locations in Brazil where I was in vacation for March 2016. Cheap prices, friendly staff, nice airplanes, they give water and snacks included in the ticket price. Website is in English and works pretty well despite a few minor bugs. When there was some confusion with my international flight (time change of one of the flights that led to the cancellation of other Delta flights), GOL arranged re-booking of all (incl Delta international flights) for the next day and enabled me a stay in the hotel. That's class!
RouteGRU to POA
Date FlownMarch 2016

"staff were extremely friendly"

(South Africa)

I flew from Sao Paulo to Santiago in December to catch a cruise ship in Valparaiso, and at the end of the cruise went from Rio de Janeiro GIG to Foz do Iguaçu and then back to Sao Paulo. The Santiago flight took 4.5 hours, so was a medium haul. Gol Transportes Aéreos is advertised as a no frills, cheap airfare operation - fair enough. I found the check ins to be extremely efficient and helpful - all were fluent in English - and all flights left spot on time; aircraft were new or newly refurbished - and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. On the Santiago flight we were offered water and a light snack, for which we did not pay. I would certainly fly them again, and I think they offer great value for money.
RouteGRU to SCL
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"seats not very comfortable"

(Brazil)

It is a low-cost airline and you receive only water to drink, the seats are not very comfortable but have good space between them. Airplanes do not have on-board entertainment, they have a flight magazine, the food onboard is sold at high prices. It is a company to fly short flights only, although I have not tried their long flights.
RouteMGF to GRU