Vote Now

GoAir

"very poor experience"

Verified Review | Delhi to Mumbai. Very poor experience through GoAir. Flight was delayed by 1 hour for whatever reason. Staff was very amateur and non-experienced to handle the basic services like water, food and safety instructions. Ordered samosa inflight which I agree would not be hot, but should not be refrigerated surely. Water was served in the smallest glass possible. Seats are as small to let your knees float in air when seated.
RouteDelhi to Mumbai
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"I'd recommend the service"

Verified Review | Kolkata to Chennai. GoAir also offers business class seats under the name GoBusiness. The features include access to business class lounges at some airports; guaranteed seat in the two front rows, middle seat is kept empty; priority check-in baggage arrival and complementary snacks and beverages. The seats are not typical business class seats like Vistara or Jet Airways. You are provided an empty middle seat and more legspace. The seats are economy class seats. But you are not paying typical business class fares. GoBusiness fares are approximately one-third of typical business class fares. Then you are entitled to lounge and priority tags which make the product quite good. The flight took off 15 minutes before time and it was overall a nice, smooth experience till Chennai. The captain was an expat who provided regular flight updates. The airhostesses were polite and helpful. The snacks and beverages provided were decent. I was offered choice of tea or coffee before take off. The only thing that seemed a misfit was the delay in baggage arrival at Chennai airport. When GoAir staff was approached, they provided some clichéd, standard replies. Overall, I'd recommend the service especially if you want a bit of business class experience but don't want to spend so much on a typical business class seat.
RouteCCU to MAA
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"a lovely guy at GoAir"

Verified Review | On 17 January I was booked on their 8 am flight from Bangalore to Delhi in order to connect with my Jet Airways flight to London at 1.30pm. I had ample time between flights - 3 hours between landing and take-off but there was fog in Bangalore and the flight was 2 hours late to take off. This was not GoAir's fault but a Go Air steward rang Jet Airways customer service on his own phone and explained the situation and told them I had 2 bags but they were both of hand luggage size and would they please let me on the flight if arrived slightly under their regulation cut off times but in plenty of time to get the flight, they said no. He pleaded with them, they said no. He was a lovely guy at GoAir.
RouteBLR to DEL
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"never flying GoAir again"

Verified Review | I booked Go Air From Mumbai to Delhi with the hopes I will be able to do a quick getaway from work. Unfortunately my Flight was cancelled without sharing a reason, and on top of that they do not have any customer support email address or contact number in such scenarios. I do not even know If I will get my money back. Thanks, but no thanks. I am never flying with GoAir again.
RouteBOM to DEL
Date FlownDecember 2016

"due to overbooking, seats not available"

Verified Review | I had my flight from Chennai to Pune with GoAir. During check-in the staff told me that due to overbooking, seats are not available. I had a confirmed booking in hand and I was shocked to hear this. The person told me that they overbook flights some time but couldn't explain anything more. I argued a lot but finally realized that there was no point since they firmly said that that there are no seats available. They purchased a Jet Airways ticket for me the next day and also made arrangements for a very pathetic hotel.
RouteMAA to PNQ
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"would keep flying with them"

Verified Review |Flew GoAir from Mumbai to Chandigarh with GoAir. This airline has improved its service compared to last year. The cabin crew were very polite and welcomed warmly. The seats seemed to be more comfortable. Though, we have to buy food onboard. A pleasure traveling with this airline and I would keep flying with them.
RouteBOM to IXC
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"favourite airline in India"

(Austria)

We flew GoAir from DEL to BLR and two days later BLR to PNQ. On both flights check-in was quick. Lounge in DEL was a bit crowded but OK, lounge in BLR was huge and spacious with good food options. Both flights reasonably on time. I like their business class product. The price for the extra comfort (middle seat free, more baggage, lounge access and free meal on board) is very reasonable compared to most other airlines. Both planes were fairly new and appeared well maintained. My favourite airline in India. My only complaint is that their online booking does not work from outside India as it is not possible to pay with foreign credit cards without having a domestic phone number, so I had to use makemytrip.com for the booking.
RouteDEL to BLR
Date FlownMarch 2016

"food service has to be paid"

(Austria)

Goa to Mumbai with GoAir. I did a web check in about 26 hours before the flight and found out that only the last row of the plane had seats for us to sit together. At the airport check-in they offered me a row at the emergency exit, however I declined as I wanted to have the view of Goa and Mumbai. A320 with 180 seats which is the maximum seating capacity for this plane. All announcements were given from a tape and in clear English. There was a food service on the flight, however it has to be paid.
RouteGOI to BOM
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"would not use them again"

Had left 5 hours to catch my GoAir Mumbai connection just in case of delays. Flight from Goa to Mumbai was according to my tickets (after numerous changes by GoAir) due to depart at 2.30 in the afternoon. Got to the airport at 12.30 and the time of departure had been changed to 5pm. No notifications from them by text or email even though they had these details. They eventually took off at 6.45 (18.45) and just caught my connection. I suppose it turned out alright in the end but it caused a lot of stress. I know they are low cost but they need to keep people informed. Would not use them again.
RouteGOI to BOM
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"first and last flight"

Mumbai to Delhi, and first and last flight with GoAir. Delayed by 2 hours, bunched up with another flight, then delayed by 45 minutes again. Clueless and incompetent staff. No food available on the flight that finally took off. Uncomfortable, cramped slimline seat, and grumpy crew.
RouteBOM to DEL