Germania Airline

"all of the counters were closed"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Berlin to Tehran. They do not have have online check in from selected airports. This means, if for any reasons (like a delayed train in my case), you don't make it to the manual check-in, you will miss the flight for sure and there is simply no one to reply to your messages. I was at the airport 40 minutes before the flight and all of the counters were closed. If they had online check-in like any other modern airline, I could board the plane. I sent them an email and politely asked about the missed-flight options and possible refunds. Not a single line of reply even after sending a follow-up after a month. Also their Austrian phone number is not their number at all. You can check it.
RouteBerlin to Tehran
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"very good price service ratio"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Hurghada. It was the first time, I am flown with Germania. It was a good choice after Air Berlin terminated service on this route. They offer free baggage (20 kg), a complimentary hot meal and three legs of complimentary non alcoholic hot or cold drinks on this 04:30 hrs trip. If the flight is booked more, you have the possibility to upgrade to an extra legroom seat containing up to 30 inch more legroom, head phones and one beer/whine. Flight attendants were very friendly and caring all the flight. One documentary and one movie were shown on overhead screens. But if you are not interested in their IFE, bring your own device. Check-In was a bit confusing because they tell that your seat is advised automatically which I believe is not the truth. There were many free seats. Therfore this was not a problem but would be, if this flight have been more crowded. All in all a very good price service ratio.
RouteBerlin to Hurghada
Date FlownDecember 2017

"experience was very pleasant"

Verified Review | Athens to Nuremburg. First time I had used (or heard of) this airline and as it was a very late booking I had little choice. The experience was very pleasant. The plane was modern, clean, good legroom, comfortable seats. The cabin staff were young, polite and well dressed. Plane was delayed after boarding for 10 minutes due to air traffic control and we were informed by pilot who did his best to make up the time. They are pretty strict on hand baggage. I have sat on many planes that have been delayed due to excess hand luggage which had to be transferred into the hold. This plane loaded very quickly due to one person one bag policy. If I have one criticism it would be that there is no online check in system. I rarely travel with hold luggage so to have to line up with fellow passengers who had cases was a bit of a pain. If however like the majority of passengers you are checking in hold luggage then it is probably not such an issue.
RouteAthens to Nuremburg
Date FlownAugust 2017

"completely positively surprised"

Verified Review | Palma de Mallorca to Zurich. For the first time we used today Germania and I have to say I didnt have much expectations. So we were completely positively surprised: very friendly and warm service, good and professional atmosphere and even the captain was outstanding nice and informed the guest several times about the route etc. Will definitely book Germania again!
RoutePalma de Mallorca to Zurich
Date FlownJuly 2017

"direct flight was cancelled"

(Lebanon)

Verified Review | Our Germania direct flight from Beirut to Munich was cancelled and changed to Dusseldorf Airport without informing us, The staff of Germania promised that an airplane will take us from Dusseldorf to Munich. However, no airplane, but a bus ride of 8 hours.
RouteBeirut to Munich
Date FlownJune 2017

"worst airline I travelled with"

Verified Review | Beirut to Munich. This is the worst airline I travelled with. I was with my family on vacation in Beirut and our flight back to Germany was on 26th June 2017. We got to the airport and found long que on boarding. The team simply said that the flight is cancelled to Munich and through Düsseldorf we have to send you. They promised and assured that a flight will be waiting for us there and will take us to Munich for this reason more than 70 Passengers accepted with them. Upon arrival to Düsseldorf, the Flygermania staff there did not know the flight was cancelled and let us wait more than 2 hours to come with a solution that they can only send us with busses. Which means more than 8 hours drive (without trafic). Additionally in Beirut the Flygermania team said that your lugages will be sent directly to Munich, We ended up finding our lugages thrown near belt 20 at the end of Düsseldorf Airport. We thought of flying directly from Munich to Beirut and to save a bit, we ended up paying more than business class ticket.
RouteBeirut to Munich
Date FlownJune 2017

"way they treated us unacceptable"

(Lebanon)

Verified Review | Dusseldorf to Beirut. We were supposed to go from Dusseldorf to Beirut on May 17th at 21.10 with Germania. At the gate we took a bus to the airplane. While transfering us the bus hit a cement poll and we had to wait for another bus to take us. On the plane we waited around 30 minutes then we were asked to go back to the bus because of a technical problem and to wait in the bus. Once in the bus, they took us back to the airport where no one from Germania was present to guide us. We re-entered Germany by cancelling our Exit and were asked to go to the baggage belt. There the steward came to inform us that there will not be any flight tonight and that they wont take us to hotels, instead we will sleep in the airport and that there might be a plane the next day but this isnt confirmed. After that the airport security brought camping bags and gave each one a 15 Euros voucher for a McDonald's meal. Then everyone from Germania and the aiport staff dissapeared. At 6am in the morning we called the airport staff asking if there were any flights and they asked us to go to the check in for a flight at 8.10. As a summary, I have never ever been treated this way. We were left to sleep in the airport like animals. The way they treated us was unacceptable. It's the first and last time I will use this airline.
RouteDusseldorf to Beirut
Date FlownMay 2017

"should have chosen Lufthansa"

Unverified | Friedrichshafen to Gran Canaria. Flight was cancelled due to a desert storm in Egypt so they said there's no aircraft at Friedrichshafen. So they took us to Zurich by coach. New airplane, old reservation unvalid of course. We then arrived 3 hours delayed at Las Palmas with Germania Swiss. When we ask them about compensation and demages they just said it's another carrier and the desert storm has been a higher force. However, staff and food was good. Flight back was also delayed about one hour. We should have chosen Lufthansa from Munich!
RouteFriedrichshafen to Gran Canaria
Date FlownMarch 2017

"good service throughout"

Flew out to Corfu in September using Germania. Never flown with them before. Nice airline, very prompt both going out and returning. Good service throughout, helpful cabin crew. Film for the flight and complimentary meal and drinks which was unexpected. Very good flight prices. Will definitely look to flying with them again. Only downside no online check in service which at present. Hope they will have that soon.
RouteLGW to CFU
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"comfortable, clean and punctual"

Verified Review | Manchester to Tromso with Germania. First time my husband and I flew with this airline. Aircraft was comfortable and clean and punctual. We paid £25 each at checkin for extra legroom seats,the only passengers to do so. We would not recommend paying this though as our experience was that once onboard the aircraft extra legroom seats were freely available. We witnessed one passenger shortly after takeoff sit in an extra legroom seat across from us! The airline refused to refund us and the CEO will not deal directly with passenger complaints.
RouteMAN to TOS