Garuda Indonesia

"The purser should set the standard"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | There were no real problems with this flight, however it amazes me that the male pursers seem not to be very engaged. I think the only words he said to me during the flight were welcome onboard, when I boarded the aircraft. The purser should set the standard. He (she) should come to each pax at the commencement of the flight and welcome them on board and/or thank each pax at the end of the flight. This particular flight was not full in business class and yet not once did a flight attendant mention me by name. The minimum would be use each pax name when they are taking meal orders. At one stage I was asked if I would like still or sparkling water, when I asked for soda water, I was informed that Garuda did not stock soda water so sparkling water was ok. Then I ordered some Chablis, again later in the flight when I asked for another glass of chablis, I was told that that there was none left. Again, not the end of the world, however as I mentioned earlier, the flight was not full in business class and there were quite a few children (who don't drink alcohol), so the amount uploaded seems to be insufficient. When dessert was served (it was supposed to be served with ice cream) I asked where the ice cream was and was informed that it wasn't uploaded. So a cold dry cake was not very palatable. As food the food itself. It wasn't horrible, but was not great. An amuse bouche with mashed tuna in a half piece of choux. Then minced salmon with over-cooked scallops, followed. And the main course of sea bass was a little dry.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDenpasar to Melbourne
Date FlownApril 2018

"professional and dedicated team"

Trip Verified | Flew from Jakarta to London on GA 86 April 12, 2018. Garuda had arranged a car to pick up me. Upon arrival at Jakarta Terminal 3 the Garuda First-Class ground support team were waiting for me. They helped check me in and, then took me through immigration and straight into the lounge. There was a very good selection of food and drinks in the lounge. When time came to board the flight the ground support team were again on hand to escort me to the aircraft. The aircraft left the gate on schedule and we took off 20 minutes later due air traffic. The service on-board was the normal Garuda 5 Star service and the food prepared was excellent. There was free complimentary Wi-Fi onboard and the connection for the flight duration was excellent. We landed at Heathrow Terminal-3 one hour late due to strong head winds. I had a connecting flight from Heathrow Terminal-5 and I was afraid that I would miss my flight and have to spend one night at Heathrow. however the Captain had already contacted the Garuda team in Heathrow and they had arranged for one of their support team members at Heathrow Terminal-3 to escort me all the way through to my connecting flight gate in Heathrow Terminal-5. Furthermore they took my luggage from the plane and had directly taken to my connecting flight. This was Garuda Indonesia at its best i.e. Captain onboard calling ahead requesting the ground team to arrange assistance to ensure that I did not miss my connecting flight. I must say a big thank you to the Garuda Captain and the Garuda Heathrow support team, they certainly pulled out all the stops to ensure that I did not miss my connecting flight. This is the sign of a very professional and dedicated team both in the air and on the ground.
AircraftBoeing 777-300-ER
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteJakarta to London Heathrow
Date FlownApril 2018

"in-flight services very good"

Trip Verified | Flew from Singapore to Jakarta on April 7th on the 07:25 flight. The check in process was straight forward, however very formal no smiles. Garuda Indonesia uses the Dnata lounge in Singapore Airport T3. The lounge itself is good and has a broad selection of food and drinks. We had to take a bus to board the plane as it was parked far away from the terminal, however the boarding was orderly and was carried out very efficiently. The flight took off on time and the in-flight services was very good and what I come to expect from Garuda Indonesia.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownApril 2018

"cabin crew are just wonderful"

Trip Verified | Flew Garuda Indonesia from Melbourne to London Heathrow via Jakarta. The service from the time you check in to your arrival at your destination is first class. The ground staff and the cabin crew are just wonderful. They go an extra mile to please the customer. Champagne is served as soon as one boards the aircraft. Quality wine, in my case Red Wine was superb and I could have had it as many times as I requested it. The food was enjoyable and served on demand. The lie flat bed in each aircraft was good. The only complaint I have is the selection of movies on the inflight entertainment system. I will definitely fly them next time when I visit Melbourne. Excellent Airline.
AircraftAirbus and Boeing 777-300ER
RouteMelbourne to London Heathrow via Jakarta
Date FlownApril 2018

"what I call a good service"

Trip Verified | GA404 from Jakarta to Singapore on April 5th. Check-in was fast and efficient as was the immigration process. The Garuda Lounge has a broad selection of snacks and drinks and is located close to the boarding gate. The flight itself was good and there were 3 selections of different food and quality and presentation was very good. As is the norm with Garuda Indonesia the cabin crew are always on hand and cannot do enough to help. The flight departed and arrived Singapore on time and baggage arrived very quickly. From leaving the plane, processing through immigration, picking my bag up and getting into my taxi it took only 20 minutes. That is what I call a good service.
AircraftA330-200
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2018

"not understand why I was annoyed"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to London. Served a meal with a label for date of preparation or expiry for the day before. When I asked for a replacement I was told there was no other food available. Staff could not understand why I was annoyed and could not deviate from their standard script. Other meals I had were very standard. Inflight entertainment was limited compared to some airlines. I won't be flying with them again.
RouteJakarta to London
Date FlownMarch 2018

"it was a nice experience"

Trip Verified | Kupang to Singapore via Surabaya, Jakarta. The check in process was smooth and easy. The flight departed on time from Kupang to Surabaya but when departing from Surabaya to Jakarta there were slight delay. When the aircraft reached Jakarta, it was parked at gate that was very far from the transfer desk and baggage collection. As the connection at Jakarta was only 1hr 30min and the delay cause it to be less than 1 hr transit, we need to rush at Jakarta and walk long way to the international terminal. From Jakarta to Singapore, the boarding was on time but the pushed back was very long, we wait at the aircraft for an hour. As Jakarta Airport was very crowded, we finally took off after 1 hour 30 minutes delay. For A330 i think Garuda has reduced some crew members as the serving of food was slow and due to turbulence, the food cannot be served temporarily. The IFE on both A330 and B737-800NG was responsive and good. The food served was nice. Overall, it was a nice experience with Garuda Indonesia.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG / A330-200
RouteKupang to Singapore via Surabaya, Jakarta
Date FlownNovember 2017

"staff were friendly and nice"

Trip Verified | Surabaya to Singapore, GA854. The staff were friendly and nice. The boarding process was smooth and the flight departed and arrived on time. The IFE was good and responsive enough and there were a great variety of entertainment. The food was nice. Overall, it was a pleasant flight with Garuda Indonesia.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG
RouteSurabaya to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Garuda is amongst the best"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Sydney via Jakarta. When booking I look for comfort and value. Garuda scored well on both counts. The London to Jakarta segment was on a 777 which was a bit noisy compared to, for example, A380. But the flight was good. The flat beds were adequately comfortable (so much better that the awful ironing board beds on Virgin Atlantic 787 aircraft - the worst Business Class ever). Flight attendants were excellent, the food of good quality and beautifully presented. We have flown to Australia with many different airlines over the years and Garuda is amongst the best. The second leg on A330 was much quieter. There was a bit of a stopover in Jakarta and the lounge is ok without being exceptional. Again the crew were excellent and flexible in terms of meal times, quite important with an overnight flight. I would recommend Garuda.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A330-300
RouteLondon Heathrow to Sydney via Jakarta
Date FlownMarch 2018

"cabin crew were very attentive"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Jakarta. Flew on GA87 March 10th, 2018 and the Check in process was very fast and efficient. Garuda had someone on hand to take me via Fast Track to the lounge. When time came for boarding the ground support team were again on hand to escort me to the aircraft. Service including the meals onboard were excellent. The cabin crew were very attentive considering that First Class was full. Additionally there was free complimentary Wi Fi on-board and the connectivity throughout the flight was very good. In Jakarta, the Garuda ground support team were on hand to help with immigration and baggage and they also laid on transport to take me to my home.
AircraftBoeing 777-300-ER