Garuda Indonesia

"great ground and onboard service"

Trip Verified | Flew on the GA0404 to Denpasar on Jun 14th and the check in service was quite quick considering that the airport was very busy with many people going back to their home towns for Eid Al Fitri. Security was also fast and efficient and I was able to get to the lounge very quickly. Boarding was well controlled and orderly. The flight itself was good and cabin crew were very attentive. Arrived in Denpasar on schedule and although Denpasar arrivals was also very busy, however my baggage came out very quickly. Another great ground and onboard service from Garuda Indonesia.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownJune 2018

"check in not a pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Flew Singapore to Jakarta on GA823. Check in at Singapore was not a pleasant experience as it seems that the ground staff really don't care and never smile. It seems that them having to check passengers in a is a major chore. Although the plane was parked at a remote stand and we had to take a bus to the plane the boarding process was controlled and orderly. The flight from Singapore to Jakarta was good and I was happy to see the smiling face of the Garuda cabin crew. Arrival is to Jakarta was ok, however luggage took longer that expected to come out i.e. approx. 25 minutes after landing. Overall on-board service is good. I know that Garuda use an agent in Singapore for checking in passengers, therefore I recommend Garuda gives they some training by bringing them to Jakarta to see how to check in passengers with smile and pleasant greeting works all the time.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2018

"experience was very good"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Singapore on GA824. Check in at Jakarta was fast and efficient and I was helped through the process including immigration by the Garuda ground support staff, who then took me straight to the lounge. The boarding process was well controlled and orderly. The flight left the gate on schedule, however we had to queue to take off, which delayed us by about approx. 20 minutes, however that did not delay our arrival into Singapore. After leaving immigration in Singapore my luggage was waiting for me. My overall experience was very good and I really appreciate the support provided to me in both Jakarta and Singapore by the Garuda group support teams.
AircraftA330-300
RouteJakarta to Singapore

"not worth a premium"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Denpasar. My food had no taste. A few minutes after take off they show 5 minutes of commercials, you can't turn off the screen, sound comes via headset and PA on night flights. Staff tries to be nice and seat spacing is ok, but the airline is not worth a premium.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownJune 2018

"direct flight had been cancelled"

Trip Verified | I booked and paid for a direct flight from Manado to Denpasar in January 2018. then in April I got an automated mail that my direct flight had been cancelled and switched in a flight to Jakarta followed by a flight to DPS, adding almost 3 hours of extra travel. No apology, nothing. When I complained to Garuda, I didn’t get an answer to my mails. Garuda in the Netherlands answered after a considerable wait but just confirmed that by Indonesian law I needed to accept this. Garuda's response was unsatisfactory especially knowing that we paid a significantly higher price for the direct flight, have lots more travel time and now due to Garuda were late for meeting with our friends. because we were informed last minute, all other flight options from other airlines had already been booked so we were left with no alternative. Garuda send us 2 days in advance e ticket boarding cards for the direct flight which had been cancelled. when we complained on this the answer was that it was just a mistake. an airline which sends boarding cards for non existing, cancelled flights? From Manado to Jakarta (a 3 hour flight), the inflight entertainment system did not function no communication was made during the flight why this occured. The second flight I got a chair without a left armrest it was broken off meaning that the chair could not be reclined and the headphone sound didn’t work with the inflight entertainment system.
RouteManado to Denpasar via Jakarta
Date FlownMay 2018

"pay attention to small details"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | The meals on this sector were of 3 choices and they look pretty bland and standard. Salt and pepper not provided unless you asked cabin crew to provide and took them a long time to hand with a form of sachets which is weird as you fly business class and they don't pay attention to small matters like this. The cabin was really warm and could not sleep properly. Surprisingly cabin crew did not take notice of how warm the cabin until several passengers complained to them and we were almost approaching destination when the temperature started to cool down. The seats were comfortable, cabin was clean, the IFE is improved and Wifi as of strong. Cabin crew were friendly and chatty but I wish they could pay attention to small details that really matter as they start to lose its genuineness.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteJakarta to Jeddah
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"The flight was delayed"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Singapore. The flight was delayed and we ended up wWaiting for much longer then what was communicated. The gate moved across to the other side of the terminal at the last minute.
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2018

"delays and average service"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Jakarta. Garuda Indonesia is an airline that since couple years has been trying their best to become better, or so I heard. After many years I chose this airline again even though compared to cheap airlines this one costs more than double. And my experience is only delays and average service. The entertainment is quite good with some great movies. Food is average.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownApril 2018

"on the ground it is bad"

Trip Verified | London to Sydney via Jakarta. While the quality of the service in the air is good, on the ground it is bad. They outsource their ground staff at Heathrow to DNata, who couldn't care less. My wife was one kilo over in business class and the woman behind the counter was incredibly rude. They advertise business promo fares on their website as being refundable and changeable. If you attempt to change a flight, however, they advised me that the ticket is not changeable. No local office where you bought the ticket will help you, they will refer you to the Indonesian headquarters, which are full of staff reading off scripts and there is no escalation process to speak to anyone who can help. Our schedule changed four times from booking to takeoff, and their staff accidentally cancelled my frequent flyer account and refused to add back miles from my flights. The lounge in Jakarta has very little air conditioning so you sweat the whole time you're in transit, the food is bad, there was no alcohol and the seating is uncomfortable. The shower was too busy to use so you queue up, and they ran out of towels and gave me two face towels to dry myself.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Jakarta

"flight was excellent"

Trip Verified | Flew from London Heathrow to Jakarta on GA 087 April 17th and the check in process was very fast and efficient. The Garuda team at Heathrow had someone on hand to take me through Fast Track to the lounge. When it came time for boarding the ground support team were again on hand to escort me to the aircraft. There was a very good selection of food on board and Garuda also now send you a menu via e-mail should you like to pre-book meals. The prepared meal on-board was excellent both in presentation and taste. The flight arrived in Jakarta on schedule and Garuda had their ground support team on hand to help with immigration and baggage and they also laid on transport to take me to my home. The cabin crew were very attentive throughout the flight, which certainly warrants their 5 Star Rating. Additionally there was free complimentary Wi Fi on-board and the connectivity throughout the flight was excellent.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER