Garuda Indonesia

"Seat comfort was top notch"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Flew Jakarta to Palembang on GA112 on the 22nd of September. Our plane was a well-maintained, Sky Interior 737. Seat comfort was top notch, with generous padding and comfortable headrests. Seat width was inadequate, although to be expected from a 737, while pitch was well above industry average. Crew were again nothing short of exceptional, and almost every one of my flights with them met or even exceeded my already high expectations for GA’s service delivery. IFE was perfectly fine, even for a medium haul international flight. However, the food suffered a major setback from my last short haul experience with them - what used to consist of a piece of bread and cake with mineral water is replaced with simply a piece of bread and mixed nuts. The mineral water is gone, although these can be requested from the crew. However where Garuda skimps in quantity, it compensates in quality. The bread was very good, as were the mixed nuts. All in all a very good experience, and would fly with them again given that they don’t make further cuts to the experience.
RouteJakarta (CGK) to Palembang (PLM)

"not very baby friendly"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Surabaya. Never had a problem with Garuda before, but since I just had a baby, I found out that Garuda is not very baby friendly. One thing that's really inconvenient is they can't bring your stroller after you landed. You need to take it on the baggage claim. Ground crew say you can, turned out the stewardess don't know anything about the common practice of delivering a stroller.
RouteJakarta to Surabaya
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"gracious, polite and helpful"

Verified Review | Singapore to Jakarta. Spotless cabin, cabin crew was gracious, polite and helpful. Food and drink service on board was very good. Inflight entertainment could be better but acceptable. Next time I definitely choose Garuda again. Next time I will try the business class.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta

"very friendly and kind"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Manado to Kakarta. The flight was really smooth. Cabin crew fantastic, very friendly and kind. Still put their service to the top notch. They provide good food also equipped with plenty of drinks choices and drinks offered frequently. The inflight entertainment was pretty good too.
RouteManado to Jakarta
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"lack of consistency in the service quality"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Flew Haneda Tokyo to Jakarta. I often fly Garuda, I notice the lack of consistency in the service quality. In this flight I'd say I experienced one of the worst. Prior to take-off the male FA closed the overhead compartment leaving part of amenity plastic bag dangling, despite a few rounds of take-off preparation checking by FAs, nobody noticed it that I had to warn him as it may increase the chance the compartment will open during take-off. From his response, I'd say he did not seem to understand the importance of the issue in view of safety. He also lacked basic skills in service, when serving food it seemed like he was doing it for the first time and was very clumsy, eg: giving me a cup of tea with sugar but no stirrer.
RouteHaneda Tokyo to Jakarta
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"made me feel truly at home"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Overall it was a smooth flight from Jakarta to Osaka Kansai. The FA's were efficient, attentive, made me feel truly at home. The after take-off snack of fusion of udon served in laksa-like soup was great. Unfortunately no more freshly squeezed orange juice available onboard, which was one of the unique features of Garuda Indonesia business class. They should consider bringing it back in particular for breakfast service. The selection of movies needs improvement, in particular the frequency of updates. As a frequent traveller with Garuda, I found it very boring as I have watched all that I like in the past few months.
RouteJakarta to Osaka Kansai

"departure was delayed"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Denpasar to Jakarta. The check-in was hopelessly bureacratic, lots of ground staff chatting and smiling but the so-called baggage drop took longer per passenger than most full check in. The departure was delayed. Again everyone smiling and happy.
RouteDenpasar to Jakarta
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"on-board service - 5 star plus"

Verified Review | I flew Jakarta to Amsterdam via Singapore on August 24th. Upon arrival at Terminal-3 in Jakarta I was met by the Garuda First Class Team and they helped prepare all formalities including check-in. First Class lounge is very spacious and the selection of food was excellent. Again when boarding the aircraft it is nice to be referred to by name. The on-board service to me was 5 star plus and the crew were very attentive as usual. On the return flight from Amsterdam to Jakarta on August 28th I received the same excellent service. After arriving in Jakarta I was again met by the Garuda Frist Class Team at the aircraft door and was brought through formalities and on the road with my luggage in less than 20 minutes. What a great service. Additionally the free WI-FI service was good with excellent connectivity.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteJakarta to Amsterdam via Singapore

"the IFE was horrible"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Sydney via Denpasar. On the departing leg, the service was good, food was OK but the IFE was horrible, only a few good movies and the rest old movies. Baggage come out quickly in Sydney. However on the returning leg, there was several unexpected events. During check-in in Sydney, the staff checked my baggage as Priority and didn't tell me. So when I arrived in Jakarta I was confused, only to know later it was in the Premium Luggage Service. During the flight, I was a very dry, terrible rice with meat. I complained to the FA and to my surprise she offered me another portion that was a lot better.
RouteJakarta to Sydney via Denpasar
Date FlownAugust 2017

"reduced its in flight service"

Verified Review | On our recent flight to Jakarta from Perth I was shocked at the level of onboard service. The service, save for a meal and drink choice, is equal to low cost carriers. I am told that GA has reduced its in flight service level for budgetary reasons. No welcome juice or water, no welcome towel, no menu, no pre dinner drink service, no spirits, only beer and wine during meal service, no tea or coffee service was offered, one has to ask. No refresher towel before landing. On a positive note, the crew are fantastic.
RoutePerth to Jakarta