Airline of the Year

Garuda Indonesia

"The food is good"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Jakarta. The attendant was superb, toilet clean and toiletries was complete including toothbrush. The food is good, I ask some beer when not in meal time, and they give me a can of beer, and offer me some extra snack. The bad things I hate is the headphone, the sound is bad and uncomfort, I always bring my own. The screen is just 10 inch, better than nothing. Wi-fi is poor connectivity.
RouteAmsterdam to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2017

"older A330s more spacious"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Singapore return. Outbound leg on a 737-800 which was an unremarkable flight, aside from the timely departure from CGK. Seat pitch was average. IFE system was responsive with an above average load of movies and music programs. UI was great as well. Food was surprisingly decent and the plane was clean. This time the crew were professional and polite, but weren't too friendly. On the return flight a brand new A330 with redesigned seats. Seat pitch was below-average for Garuda and the older A330s felt more spacious. Seats also had less padding. There were huge 11" touchscreens which was iPad-like with a responsive, albeit confused, and nearly impractical, UI, with the same IFE selection. Food was a downgrade from the outbound flight. Crew were very warm and friendly.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / A330-300
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownJune 2017

"Really helpful cabin staff"

Verified Review | One-way flight from Denpasar to Sydney via Jakarta with its A330-300 for both legs, and was an excellent experience. From the first experience during check-in our luggages in DPS airport until we arrived in SYD airport, it seems Garuda Indonesia staff would like to show its pride and Indonesian culture to its customers. Really helpful cabin staff, good inflight menus, clean cabin and toilets, friendliness towards its passengers and willing to help were the most unforgettable memories. We had around 3 hours transfer in Jakarta airport. They provided its own bus to transfer us from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2 in CGK airport, without exiting the airport. At that time, the price for one-way flight from DPS to SYD was cheaper than its competitors. Wi-Fi was provided during flight and it was free for 15 minutes for economy passengers.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDenpasar to Sydney via Jakarta
Date FlownMarch 2017

"a very good business class"

Verified Review | Melbourne to Amsterdam via Jakarta. Overall a very good business class experience. Pros: Seat comfort on A330 and 777 good. Very comfortable lie flat in 777 and had good nights sleep. Service - excellent, friendly and obliging, Food - absolutely delicious. Some of the best food I have ever had in the air (definitely stick with the asian dishes, the western ones were less successful). Wine and drinks great as well. Terrific champagne which always makes me happy. Price - cheapest business class to Europe at the time of booking. On time - no delays. Cons: Jakarta stop over - it's long and the airport is dismal, likewise the lounge. I dont know if there's a refurb happening in the future but it needs it. IFE - not great selection. I had exhausted all options by the time we got to Jakarta. Ensured I slept more on flight through to AMS. In summary, given the price paid it was a very pleasant journey. They lack the polish of some of the big guns, but you would be hard pressed to find a better experience at this price.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 777
RouteMelbourne to Amsterdam via Jakarta
Date FlownApril 2017

"special meal request honored"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Surabaya. This is my first time using T3 at Jakarta Airport. The airport is impressive compared to the old one but there is a design flaw which is letting too much light so at day time it is very hot inside. After the delay, we were boarded on buses to the plane, which was odd because there are a lot of empty skybridges to be seen. The flight was delayed but Garuda provides food and drinks to compensate. The plane then taxis for 40 minutes, which was annoying but the crew apologized. After take off, meals were served and I am pleased that my special meal request was honored. Landing in Surabaya was smooth.
RouteJakarta to Surabaya
Date FlownMay 2017

"a reasonably good product"

Verified Review | Singapore to Denpasar on Boeing 737. On my flight on 31 May, the flight was almost full. Shortly after takeoff, flight attendants came around for the lunch service. My choice was the curry chicken rice which tasted pretty good - not too spicy and marinated to just the right texture. The IFE system was a limited in its selection of movies and music. But for a 2-hour flight, it didn't matter to me. Overall, Garuda offers a reasonably good product for a reasonable price.
RouteSingapore to Denpasar

"very helpful staff"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | It was my second flight on Business Class with Garuda Indonesia and this was a most tense experience because I booked my ticket from Jakarta to Semarang 4 hours before my flight time. The customer service staff helped me quickly find my flight and book it. At the Premium check in for Business Class, Garuda had a very helpful staff. After check in and passing the security, I visited the lounge which had a great selection of food and drink and a relaxing foot massage. I used Sky Priority for boarding so I didn't have to queue. Onboard, the flight attendant offered me a welcome drink and a hot towel. Then after the plane took off, the FA served the inflight meal which was Opor Ayam (Chicken with Indonesian Curry seasoning) followed by selection of fruits and drinks (orange / apple juice, tea, coffee or milk). I was not interested in the AVOD because it was only a 54 minute flight. Business Class pax had priority to disembark first, after reaching the terminal building baggage handling staff collected my baggage as part of the premium arrival service. Overall, Garuda Indonesia still my favourite airline because they have very helpful staff and serve me professionaly.
RouteJakarta to Semarang
Date FlownMay 2017

"Onboard service was excellent"

Verified Review | Flew with Garuda from Jakarta to Singapore on May 10th, 2017. Onboard service was excellent as usual: flight attendants were courteous and attentive. Afternoon food was good with a selection to choose from. We arrived in Singapore on schedule. Will travel with Garuda again!
RouteJakarta to Sinagpore
Date FlownMay 2017

"never had a bad experience"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang return. Both flights are awesome. I never had a bad experience with Garuda Indonesia. To be honest, their economy class is already awesome, but if you have extra money, try the business class.
RouteJakarta to Pangkal Pinang
Date FlownMay 2017

"onboard services were outstanding"

Verified Review | Flew Amsterdam - Jakarta on May 22nd, 2017 with Garuda Indonesia. The pre-boarding and onboard services were outstanding. The cabin crew genuinely make you feel welcome and cannot do enough to help. Food quality and selection was very good and was served whenever I wanted. Upon arrival in Jakarta I was met by the First Class Arrival Team who escorted me through immigration and baggage process and I was the car within 20 minutes of arrival in Jakarta. Overall great service.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER