Vote Now

Garuda Indonesia

"extremely pleasant experience"

Verified Review | I flew Amsterdam to Jakarta with my daughter on March 29th, 2017. It was another extremely pleasant experience with Garuda Indonesia in First Class all the way from check-in through to boarding the plane. The Cabin service was exceptional, The cabin crew were very well organized and could not do enough to help and like our inbound flight from Jakarta to Amsterdam they again went out of their way to help and assist my 9 year old daughter. Free WIFI was available from just after take off until 15 minutes prior to landing in Jakarta and connection quality was very good. Food served was great. Ground Staff at Amsterdam and Jakarta Airports were also very helpful. Furthermore I am really impressed by the Garuda ground service in Jakarta on arrival as they help process immigration and baggage is delivered very quickly.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteAmsterdam to Jakarta
Date FlownMarch 2017

"very pleasant and comfortable"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to London. The flight with Garuda Indonesia was very pleasant and comfortable. The flight attendant have sincere smile and service, and provide service with great quality and speed. The seats are comfortable, and in economy class the seats are spacious enough to sleep comfortably. The legroom is good. The toilet is clean. The food and beverage is satisfactory but food taste is not very good.The snack areas and the snack bars are quite lacking though, because they ran out so fast and they only got some nuts. But during the flight the FAs will hand out some snacks too that are unavailable on the snack area. In-flight entertainment is quite good, though I think their movie list should be expanded. Ground service is good, and quite accommodating on requests. .
RouteJakarta to London

"a lousy experience"

Verified Review | Flew with Garuda from Singapore to Bali twice and I was happy with their service. Third time was not. Choice of food ran out before reaching our turn. No beer served. The seat was cramped. The food served was terrible and my kids could not finish despite being hungry. Slow in serving food. Only one flight attendant serving food in our section and she was slow. Normally they work in a pair. Mobile app for online check-in was disappointing. Cannot select seat, cannot make meal request. When I called local airline office, I was told my ticket is limited and not allowed to make requests. This was not make known to me when I booked. Overall, it was a lousy experience and that's the last time I fly with Garuda.
RouteSingapore to Denpasar
Date FlownMarch 2017

"seating space in economy was pleasant"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | First flight to London from Jakarta with Garuda Indonesia. Seating space in economy was pleasant, leg room was about right for me and I am 5'11" tall. Food was fine and flight attendants were friendly and helpful. Inflight entertainment - entertaining. Cleanliness was ok.
RouteJakarta to London Heathrow via SIN
Date FlownApril 2017

"worst ground loading system"

Verified Review | Garuda Indonesia has the worst ground loading system. We started at T2 and they bused us to T3 - dragging our carry-on up and down 6 sets of stairs. Once onboard the flight wasn't horrible. How many years is it going to take them to organize a system of loading people in a tunnel?
RouteJakarta to Seoul
Date FlownMarch 2017

"gracious and much appreciated act"

Verified Review | Exemplary customer service experience from Garuda and Singapore Airlines. Our flight scheduled to depart at 15:20 from Pontianak to Jakarta on 27 March, was delayed for 3 hours due to bad weather (heavy thunderstorm). We missed our connecting flight scheduled to depart at 19:00 from Jakarta to Singapore. Upon arrival in Jakarta we brought our case to Garuda customer service and it was promptly processed. There's no flight available for the day so we were put in hotel with dinner and breakfast voucher. The next day Garuda customer service staff went to Singapore Airlines office and they were able to release 2 tickets for us to fly back to Singapore on that day. A gracious and much appreciated act from Garuda and Singapore Air. Thank you!
RoutePontianak to Jakarta
Date FlownMarch 2017

"check in online is so easy"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Banda Aceh to Jakarta. I did check in online which is so easy so I could choose my preferred seat. The flight was around 2.5hrs domestic. The seat is good. IFE is responsive. The food is for me delicious. And the flight attendant was attentive during the flight. One of the thing that why I didnt give 10 score is because the flight got delayed 20 minutes which now frequently happens with Garuda. I think it is because it had been late to take off from Jakarta that always have planes in queue to take off.
RouteBanda Aceh to Jakarta
Date FlownApril 2017

"amazing legroom in economy"

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Denpasar Bali. Best flight we've had over a long long time. I don't know how Garuda is so great while maintaining a low cost range - toothbrushes, great food, great attention to detail. I can't say enough, and I even forgot the amazing legroom in economy.
RouteHong Kong to Denpasar Bali
Date FlownMarch 2017

"staff were extremely friendly"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Jakarta. I chose Garuda because they offers half price when I came to their exhibition called GATF. The food was good and I'm a picky person when its come to food. The staff were also so nice. They give my sister extra food because her son (he's under 2 years old so normally he wouldn't get the same food like an adult but a baby foods) but because my nephew doesn't like the baby food anymore and prefer rice, the air hostess give more food to us. The staff were extremely friendly and check whether you need help or not. I'm an Indonesian and I'm so proud that Indonesia have an airlines like this.
AircraftA330-300
RouteHong Kong to Jakarta
Date FlownMarch 2017

"cabin crew service impressive"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Denpasar to Tokyo Narita. On arrival to DPS from CGK I was escorted me to arrival where my baggage is waiting. We go to the International check-in counter where they prepared everything (luggage, boarding pass, etc). After check in we proceed to the immigration. However, I was kinda dissapointed as there was no fast lane and I stood for 15 minutes (I think Garuda should've provided a premium fast lane for their first class passenger to avoid any airport hustle). The lounge is not as impressive as they have in CGK, it's a small but functional lounge with a few sets of table for a la carte dinner and relaxing chair. Nothing much too review, but with excellent service from lounge staff. When it was already time to board my assistant then came to me and escorted me to the boarding gate. Excellent service from the first class ground staff in DPS. Crew warmly welcomed me by giving their signature Salam Garuda. One of crew escorted me to my seat 1A and poured a Billecart Rose along with nuts and Oshibori. The purser prepared the caviar served with blinish, sour cream and prawn cracker (Indonesian style as the crew called it). It was delicious.. 30mins later the chef on board approached me and discussed about my menu for breakfast. After finished my meal, I asked the crew to prepare my bed that comes with a duvet and it was so comfy. As I woke up 4.5 hrs later, the crew served an orange juice before they prepared my Japanese Kaiseki Meal (the presentation was excellent). The chef then came to me to ask for my opinion and I think that's a good thing as they tried to interact and get a feedback from the passenger. The plane then start to descend when the breakfast service finished, and 1 hour later we landed smoothly at NRT airport. Overall, the first class ground crew and cabin crew service were really impressive. The seat itself is spacious and very comfy. It's only the lounge and no fast lane which was an issue for me.
Cabin FlownFirst Class