Top 100 Airports

Garuda Indonesia

"an outstanding meal service"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Balikpapan to Jakarta on Boeing 737-800. For the first time I try to make a city check in along with reservation, in a Garuda Indonesia sales office in Samarinda and facility is quite helpful. The ground staff at Sepinggan Airport were courteous and I just report and drop my baggage. In flight, an outstanding meal service, a comfortable seat, and quite up-to date movie, even when this particular aircraft use the older IFE set which are a bit slow responding to touch. On time departure and landing, too. Even the new terminal at Soekarno-Hatta airport which Garuda using is not yet fully mature, but it didn't disturb the services like the baggage claim, which is smooth.
RouteBPN to CGK
Date FlownAugust 2016

"seats were very comfortable"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Jakarta. There was no opportunity to reserve a seat or check-in online. The baggage was delayed and delivered 1.5 days after arriving. The plane was very clean and the seats were very comfortable. The cabin crew was friendly. The food was poor and not to my taste. The entertainment was good, but not really much of a choice.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteAMS to CGK
Date FlownAugust 2016

"very edible and delicious"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Flight 570, Jakarta-Balikpapan, Economy Class with Garuda Indonesia. B737-800 SkyInterior registered PK-GNG. I came relatively early at 7.20 am to the new terminal of Garuda in Jakarta - Soekarno Hatta, the Terminal 3 Ultimate. They let me check in early even though there was no gate available for my flight. Boarding was delayed 15 minutes due to landing congestion. Inflight I ordered chicken fried rice, as expected it was very edible and delicious, and it was coupled with friendly Flight Attendants as expected. IFE, working properly although due to the flight time (1.40 hours) I was unable to watch the movie I choose until the end. I can't rate the Wi-Fi because 737s aren't equipped with it.
RouteCGK to BPN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"not a bad flight, nor was it remarkable"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | This was our third flight on Garuda on our Asian holiday flying from Denpasar to Singapore. This was an early morning departure, though this Boeing was showing some age issues and my seat's mechanism was not working very well. The flight attendants were nice, but not as nice as the ones on the previous two flights, we got a choice of three options for breakfast, an omelette, noodles, and French Toast. I choose the latter and it was slightly above average quality. This was not a bad flight, nor was it remarkable.
RouteDPS to SIN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"no suitcases will be on the flight"

Verified Review | I was flying from London to Jakarta with my daughter for my wedding. When I tried to check in 48 hours beforehand, it wouldn't allow me to. I repeated this process many times until it finally allowed me to check in just 24 hours before the flight. The only two seats left with them were 38J and 38K. I contacted Garuda customer services by phone, and they said "Theres nothing we can do" or "maybe you did something wrong". They suggested that I get to the airport early, and at the check in desk, ask for a seat reassignment. I arrived at Terminal 3 Heathrow early, only to be met with chaos and mayhem. After a long wait, I was told that there are no other seats to be moved to. We checked our suitcases in and was told to carry our own suitcases back out the door to a cordoned off area where they were holding the luggage. Everything was fine until literally 5 minutes from boarding the plane when an announcement was made that no suitcases will be on the flight except Business and First class. I spoke to the Garuda lady and told her that my wedding was in 2 days time and she understood my situation and wold make my cases a priority. Next ensued a 13+ hour flight with no sleep because of the awful seats. When we got to Jakarta, we completed a Missing Baggage Claim form, and yet again I told them "Wedding in 2 days, please mark very urgent". They did mark as urgent, but this made no difference. Despite numerous phone calls to the Garuda, I wasn't reunited with my luggage until the 5th day of my trip. When I did manage to speak to them, they were totally unhelpful.
RouteLHR to CGK
Date FlownJuly 2016

"only give bread on this night flight"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Surabaya to Jakarta. Check in was a breeze. It was a late night flight so it was quiet and not many passangers. The IFE was rather slow and unresponsive. Great variety of beverages served on the flight. FA were very helpful to provide blankets and toys for children. Unfortuntely, they only give bread on this night flight although it was dinner time.
RouteSUB to CGK
Date FlownAugust 2016

"friendly, professional and helpful"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | I have flown with Garuda for a few years and I feel it has never let me down. I was caught in traffic jam on the way to the airport and I arrived half an hour before the flight from Jakarta to Singapore was scheduled to depart. The ground staff quickly assisted me in boarding and I was on the plane in no time. The plane was clean and modern. The food was delicious. A large variety of beverages was served, including wine. The IFE was good although a bit outdated. FA's were very friendly, professional and helpful.
RouteCGK to SIN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"very attentive and friendly"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Manado to Denpasar Bali, the staff at Manado Airport were fantastic, super friendly and helpful. The boarding of the flight was orderly and the business class seat is wide and comfortable. A very nice selection of drinks but what surprised me was the flight was an early morning flight 8.05am but the meals on the 2 hour flight was lunch - very tasty but unappropriate for the time. Each seat had an entertainment system and the cabin staff were very attentive and friendly. Garuda is quickly becoming a major player again.
RouteMDC to DPS
Date FlownAugust 2016

"fully deserve 5 star category"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Manado. Garuda Indonesia has improved massively since my last flight with them back in 2012. The cabin attendants were very attentive, professional, and friendly - the food was of the local nature and full of flavor. Even though this was a small jet, every seat had a PTV screen and entertainment system. The seats were very comfortable and wide. Garuda fully deserve the 5 star category.
RouteCGK to MDC
Date FlownJuly 2016

"with genuine smiles and helpfulness"

Verified Review | GA87 is the only direct flight between Jakarta and Indonesia with UK and LHR and is a welcome addition to travellers who can skip on transit flights via the Middle East or Singapore. Garuda check in at Heathrow was slow with long queues and one hour wait time. The ground crew are not Garuda staff were not helpful and despite having special request for exit row I was not assigned this and on the plane there were empty exit row seats. The flight was smooth, cabin crew are arguably the best in industry - with genuine smiles and helpfulness throughout the flight. Meals were so-so but give I was flying economy there's not a lot of different to other majors. Entertainment in line with other majors with usb socket providing power and a $25.00 connection fee for unlimited internet wifi which can be very handy for long flight like this. The seat config is 3-3-3 and was mostly full and aircraft interior was clean. The flight time in total was 14 hours five minutes with the airplane circling Jakarta two times probably due to traffic. All in all a great flight and a very welcome service to those wanting direct access to Indonesia. It also is the quickest way to get to Perth with just a 4 hour 10 minute onward flight.
RouteLHR to CGK