Garuda Indonesia

"not be using them again"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to London. Just returned from my much awaited trip with Garuda in Business class, I was seated at 6A. The lounge in Jakarta is perfectly ok, not like the Middle East carriers and no apparent alcoholic drinks on display but when requested they appear from somewhere. Additionally no diet drinks in fridge but they appear from somewhere when requested. I find this all a bit strange and certainly doesn’t provide any visual improvement to services provided. It does though (in my opinion) present some clear evidence of what’s doing on in the minds of Garuda’s team - not trying too hard are they? Boarding was usual chaotic mess which again is very easily managed if they try hard enough. As someone who usually flies Qatar or Oman Air, the moment I stepped onboard I could see an immediate difference for the worse. They aren’t engaged with you. Seat was fine, but movie selection old and limited. The biggest issue is service - there isn’t any. Not unless it’s the regular points where they come to ask which meals you want. During the 14 hr flight the NEVER came to ask if I wanted anything or if I’d like a drink topped up. I pressed the call button and that made no difference either. I sat with an empty glass for 45mins. I eventually went up and asked directly. They were very reluctant to make eye contact of speak to the customers around me. Finally the onboard purser was worse than useless. He in my opinion may be at the root of the problem. Not one did he speak to anyone on business despite pacing around between 1st and business. Over the last few weeks I’ve sent several messaged through their support forms and you guessed it - no reply at all. Even follow up messages to investigate why I’ve had no reply. In summary I will not be using them again and suggest far better service is achieved by booking one of the Middle East airlines - cheaper too.
RouteJakarta to London

"Another great flight"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Jakarta. Normally Check in at Singapore T3 is normally not good as the Dnata check in staff are no so friendly, however this time the check in staff were very friendly and helpful. I used the auto gate for clearing immigration and it was fast and efficient. I then went to the Dnata lounge which Garuda uses. The lounge itself was clean and a there was a broad selection of food and drinks available. Boarding the plane was via a bus as the plane was parked in a remote area, however this was not an issue as the boarding process was orderly. There was a broad selection of breakfast food on board, however as I had already eaten breakfast in the lounge I only had tea. However the cabin crew kept coming around asking if I needed anything else to drink and also offered some snacks. Upon arrival in Jakarta the Garuda ground staff met me at the gate and helped me through immigration and retrieval of my luggage. Another great flight by Garuda Indonesia and I can’t wait to be back on board.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"reasonable selection of breakfast meals"

Trip Verified | Flew Garuda Indonesia on GA824 from Jakarta to Singapore. Check in and immigration was fast and efficient with the help of the Garuda ground staff. The flight left the gate on schedule and arrived in Singapore on time. The on-board service was very good with a reasonable selection of breakfast meals. The cabin crew kept coming around the cabin asking if you needed anything else to drink and/or eat. Upon arrival in Singapore the Garuda ground staff were on hand to help retrieve my luggage and I was on my way to my meeting very quickly. The overall service from boarding in Jakarta to disembarking in Singapore was excellent.
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"look at boarding process"

Trip Verified | Makassar to Jakarta. The flight itself was very good and was the service onboard, however the boarding process in Makassar was chaotic to see the least. However once onboard the Cabin Crew took over and the service was very good including the meal serviced. Upon arrival in Jakarta there was the Garuda meet and greet service which is excellent. From getting off the plane, retrieving my luggage and getting a taxi it took only 20 minutes. That is a good service, however I recommend that Garuda looks at the boarding process in Makassar.
RouteMakassar to Jakarta

"very polite and kind"

(Turkey)

Not Verified | Denpasar to Jakarta. Crew and beverage excellent. Seats, cleanliness, in flight entertainment all excellent. Check-in desk and boarding - very well. Crew members are very polite and kind.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDenpasar to Jakarta
Date FlownAugust 2018

"cancelling this London service"

Trip Verified | London to Jakarta. Check in location in Heathrow Terminal-3 is in a remote location, however the Garuda Indonesia London based staff make you feel special with their warm welcome, it like meeting old friends. The boarding process was good and I was welcomed on board by the smiling Garuda cabin crew who guided me to my seat. The food on the menu was very good, I could have also pre-booked a meal from a menu that was sent through via e-mail, but the on board menu is very good. The cabin crew were extremely polite and very helpful and nothing was any bother for them even though the cabin was pretty full. I was very satisfied with the overall experience, however I hear that Garuda Indonesia might be cancelling this London service from end of October 2018 as I was unable to book any flight from that date onwards. I will really miss this Garuda Indonesia service from Heathrow as the ground and cabin crew are the best by far.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteLondon to Jakarta

"Another great experience"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to London on GA 086 and check-in and boarding were painless and in particular, boarding was very well organised. The flight departed Jakarta on schedule and arrived in London ahead of schedule. The usual charming Garuda hostesses in traditional dress with welcoming smiles and ready to help and assist. The aircraft was clean and neat and the seating, leg room and overall appearance was excellent, Meals were very good and the cabin crew made sure that I was well feed and hydrated. Another great experience. Upon arrival in London I was escorted from Terminal-3 to my connecting flight in Terminal-2 by the Garuda staff, this is a great service and makes the connection less stressful. Minor issue with connectivity with the free Wi-Fi, but I put that down to blind spots, otherwise great flight.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteJakarta to London Heathrow

"legroom was adequate"

Trip Verified | A domestic flight from Jakarta to Denpasar, boarding was a bit rough with no help from ground staff. The cabin was clean and fine and legroom was adequate for a short flight. The cabin staff were nice but I found them to be robotic. Food was fine for a short flight but there was no alcohol.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownJuly 2018

"experience was very good"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Jakarta on GA823. The check in process was ok, however as Garuda uses Dnata as their check in agent in Singapore you do not get the normal Garuda Indonesia warm welcome. The plane was parked in a remote location, therefore we had to board a bus to get to the plane. The actual boarding process was orderly and the flight left on schedule and arrived in Jakarta on time. The food served was a hot breakfast and there was selection of 3 types and the presentation of all was good. On arrival in Jakarta the process of going through immigration and collecting luggage was fast and efficient. My overall experience was very good and I really appreciate the support provided to me in Jakarta by the Garuda ground support team.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownJuly 2018

"no compensation for me"

Trip Verified | My bag arrived a day late, and they did not deliver it to my hotel as promised. But the worst part is their Customer Service which doesn't even deserve that name: Several Emails were unanswered for weeks and on the phone I was promised compensation after waiting for 30 minutes so they could check out my case. After a few more emails I made another call and was told there is no compensation for me, without any explanation.
RouteBali to Palangkaraya