Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flight 527 Cleveland to Denver and 745 Denver to Phoenix. Return flight 1112 Phoenix to Cleveland. July 7- 15. My family of 7 just flew to Pheonix from Cleveland and back and I have to say I was very pleased in fact impressed with how smooth things went. I had read several reviews about Frontier and I have to abmit I was nervous about flying with them. We have flown on several airlines and I must say I will be flying Frontier in the future the associates were very helpful and the aircraft were very clean.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I had checked in online and printed boarding passes and coupons for my luggage. I arrived at the Madison WI airport 40 minutes prior to my flight. Madison is a small airport and usually does not take much time to check luggage and get to the gate. The Frontier desk was closed. There was a sign on the counter stating someone would return after the flight left. We did not make our flight to Seattle. I think it would be most helpful if Frontier stated on their website that the gates close 45 minutes prior to take off and that you will not be able to board your plane. I paid $75 to get a flight out a day later. I asked if I could travel to a nearby airport and take their flight later in the day to Seattle and I was told this was not an option unless I wanted to pay full fare $600. They were unwilling to put us on another airline going out today. I also paid to select my seats so I could travel with my daughter. I am sorry I did not read any of these reviews prior to my trip to avoid such a disaster. I will avoid Frontier at all costs in the future and can only hope my trip tomorrow goes without problems.
Seat Comfort N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

My family and I also had a horrible experience with Frontier and will never fly them again. We had no idea that we would have to pay $35 for carry-ons and $25 for checked baggage. We would have packed differently if we had known this. Each of my children had a small rolling suitcase which we ended up checking and it cost us $250 total extra for the trip. I feel like they robbed us! This extra charge is not common practice among any other airlines I have flown before. Then we get on the plane to discover that all drinks and snacks cost as well. They didn't even offer water on two of the flights. There is very little leg room so you feel like you're packed in like cattle. The whole trip gave us a terrible feeling about Frontier.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I arrived at the Sioux City airport an hour before my flight. It's a very small airport with just a few flights and a few gates going at one time. 30 minutes prior to my flight the man at the ticket counter announced they were closing the check-in desk and no one else would be able to print boarding passes or check luggage. I had checked-in previously from home and just needed a boarding pass printed. Frontier did not have a single self- service kiosk at the airport so I wouldn't have to wait in line with people who needed to check baggage. Myself and about 12 other people had been in line for 30 minutes but were turned away from our flight because they closed the desk. The next option they presented was rebooking in Omaha which is a 90 minute drive without offering a complimentary rebooking or even a discounted ticket. Frontier claimed it's their policy that guests arrive 2 hours prior to their flight (but neglected to mention their counter closes 30 minutes prior) so their desk closure was our problem - not theirs. It's pretty appalling that they were able to turn people away like that when there was adequate time to get everyone checked in and boarded if they hadn't closed the counter. The entire situation was unfortunate and handled poorly by the airline and by their employees. I will avoid flying Frontier going forward.
Seat Comfort N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

I am so frustrated with Frontier's new policies to charge you extra for everything: seat assignment carry-on bag checked bag coffee on the flight etc. I'm sure they will be charging for seat belts soon. Frontier used to be my favorite airline but now I avoid them at all costs. I am happy to pay a little extra (or not in many cases) to fly Southwest Airlines where they still let you check a bag for free and carry on a bag with your personal item. If Southwest isn't available I look for anything other than Frontier now. We are spreading the word and on my recent flight from Cincinnati I heard several passengers complaining saying they wouldn't fly Frontier anymore - it's so ridiculous. And because passengers have become so frustrated this has caused Frontier employees to lose their patience... what was once one of the friendliest airlines is now the rudest. Shame on you Frontier - this is the worst example of customer service I have seen in many years.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flying to Denver from Seattle and back Frontier failed to get me on either flight. In Seattle the check-in desk was empty at 6pm Saturday with a sign that it would reopen 10 hours later at 4am. The automated machines were not giving boarding passes and I along with other passengers were stranded unable to reach our flight. On the return trip in Denver recent changes in timing cost me my flight. At the start the desk representative wasn't aware that my boarding pass could be printed for me after I'd checked in online. Unlike all other airlines the doors are closed early and baggage handling is closed early in Denver so I forfeited my pre-paid $20 baggage fee to try and make it to the airport. Luckily for me my bag was small enough to be carried on. Arriving at the gate I was told the doors had already closed and myself (plus some others who arrived after me) were told to go to customer service. It seems a policy change at Denver has Frontier closing their doors earlier than any other airline meaning I had no realistic time to reach the gate. Arriving at the customer service desk after being turned away from my plane I was told they would charge me $75 to be put on standby for a full flight 3 hours later. The staff were unsmiling unsympathetic and unapologetic. I'm now sitting through my first wait at the airport on standby for the next flight. I'm told my odds are not good and I'll probably be spending all day waiting for a flight home. I will not fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

TTN (Trenton-Mercer airport) NJ - CLE (Cleveland-Hopkins) OH. The customer service couldn't have been nicer. They were very nice on the plane. Sure they charge you for a carry on bag and beverage but what do you expect for an incredibly cheap fare. For the most part they were on time it was a bit delayed in Trenton because of minor issues going forward. This is essentially the "T-Mobile" of airlines. You pay for what you want how do you expect they make those fares so low. Great Airline gets you where you want to go recommend to anybody who is on a budget.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Pretty good for a low-cost airline. I know they recently changed their policy on carry-on luggage where I believe you have to pay to have a carry-on bag using storage above. My last trip with them was in January of 2014. They were on time friendly bathrooms were clean and the flight was comfortable. In September of 2013 I flew from KC to PDX with a stop in Denver. On the way back to KC we did miss our connecting flight by about 5 minutes. They hadn't taken off yet but they wouldn't let us on because they were to leave the dock in just a few minutes. While it was a bit annoying they got us on the next flight to KC which left about 90 minutes later and I understand why they couldn't let us on that original connecting flight. Of course we didn't have to pay anything extra for the next connecting flight. With the changes in carry-on costs I'm not sure I will fly with them again because it all really depends on where I can get the best deal but if they are still the cheapest I have no qualms with flying Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Denver to SFO July 2nd. This is an inferior airline due to its policies and poor customer service. It is a myth that it costs less when you are done with their nickle and diming. The flight crews are fine it is everything leading up to it. The extra charges are over the top. The only thing that does not cost is a glass of water and using the toilet but I would not be surprised if this will change. I witnessed a young woman traveling with a baby who had paid for a checked bag. When she decided should needed to carry it on she offered to pay the difference and was told there was no way to refund and she would have to pay full carry-on fees or she could not board. Robbery by any other name. Any company that gouges the customer to stay in business needs to close its doors. Buyer beware.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Check in was slow and unfriendly. My seat on the way to my destination was slouched to the right and the cushion was worn below the frame so I had two hours of metal frame for a seat. Costs for drinks are what they are but the crew could offer the complimentary cup of water or the charge for bottled. Also if you have to delay a flight 2.5 hours and not update the flight information on the boards I highly suggest you use the intercom when calling to finally board. I appreciate that I was nearly left behind after being told that You were being screamed at to close the doors yet could not properly inform passengers that the plane planning to leave. But here is my favorite part about Frontier Airlines I incurred a baggage fee for my personal carry on that was not large enough to have to stow above when I paid in advance online for only the bag I was checking to go under the plane. Lastly thank you for eliminating one more option when I decide to fly. I will never fly Frontier Airlines again and the other 3 people in my group agree!