Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

I had a flight from Miami to Washington Dulles with Frontier. When I searched on google I was a little worried when I booked this flight since the price was only half compared to those of other airlines (even after adding the baggage fee). But nothing was wrong. Perfect flight. Take off and landing on time. Check-in fast. Baggage fast. I have nothing to complain. That they charge for the baggage and the food is quite normal in my opinion. The prices for those services are reasonable. If you accept the cheap airplane tickets they provide that is part of the additional costs one has to accept too. Anyway highly recommend!

Frontier Airlines customer review

My fiancé and I flew from Portland Or to Memphis TN. My first slight shock came when it was apparent that we had to pay for drinks which on every other airline I have flown this was complementary. It also seemed that anything extra had a cost to it. But my biggest complaint was when we were returning home. Our flight was delayed an hour. No announcement was made to the passengers or any explanation was given. When we boarded we waited another half hour to take off due to computer issues. We ended up missing our connecting flight to our home city. It took the customer service reps two hours to give us our stand by tickets and food vouchers. They also were unsure about how the hotel voucher worked. Speaking of hotel they didn't have any rooms in their system for us so the voucher was pretty much pointless. So as a well traveled person I would not recommend this airline to anyone no matter how cheap they are.

Frontier Airlines customer review

This was by far the worst travel experience. I flew from ATL to PDX with a connection in Denver. Our flight was delayed by nearly 3 hours and we spent an additional hour on the runway because Frontier was short staffed and could not find anyone to direct the flight out. We were told that our connecting flight was aware of the delay and waiting at the gate for us. Little did we know they rebooked the entire flight before we even departed from Atlanta with no intention of holding the plane. When we arrived there was no gate available and 20 passengers missed their connecting flight. Frontier customer service was extremely rude. They did not offer any vouchers and told customers that all hotels were booked and passengers would have to remain in the airport for up to 2 days. There were elderly and sickly people scattered all over the airport sleeping on floors and chairs. One family had to purchase 6 new tickets on Delta airlines because Frontier did not have a flight to put them on for 2 whole days. Although airfare appears reasonable please keep in mind that there is a seating fee for up to $35. Both carry on bags and checked bags cost between $25-$35. Water is free but all other beverages cost $2.

Frontier Airlines customer review

We boarded Frontier flight 607 from Miami on 5/15/15 at 1.08pm. We watched the flight land and unload and within 5 mins we boarded the plane. After everyone boarded this was a full flight the door was shut the captain came on and stated we had to have a tyre change. After over an hour the captain came back on and said we needed to have a 2nd tyre changed. We spent from 1.08pm until 3.40pm on this plane before takeoff on a fully booked airbus shoulder to shoulder very uncomfortable seats and without a single offering of a drink or food item. While I appreciate and understand safety this is absolutely uncalled for! The very least they could have offered was a complimentary drink but no we had to pay $2 for a canned soda. We spent a total of 4 hours on this plane! The seats on Frontier are plastic and very uncomfortable! They also state they are committed to serving customers but that is not what we experienced on this flight. Customer service is lacking.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I took Frontier from LAX to DEN to DWT. In all cases the flights were on time and on the way back even running about 5 min early. I had no issues checking in (checked in at a multi airline kiosk-not the solitary Frontier kiosks - at the airport). I booked online for one checked bag which cost me $40 round trip - no fee for carry on within the defined perimeters. My flight left lax at 8pm-I was in the drop bag line at 6pm when they opened and waited 5 min-no hassle. My flight left DWT at 6am-I was in line at 5am at the drop bag line again with a 5min wait and no hassles. The staff at the desks gate and on board attendants were helpful and friendly and answered my questions with no problems. On board I was in row 9-which didn't recline because I was right in front of the exit row. Everyone else's seats reclined but I didn't see this as a huge problem. I stick to water in flight mainly because any food or drink (other than water) causes swelling/ retention. I can tell you a regular 12 oz can of soda was $1.99 or they had combo deals-coffee and a breakfast snack was $4.99 and 2 drinks + 2 snacks was $8.99 (this was in the in-flight menu). I think it's fair they're charging al-a-carte to keep the fares low which I appreciate. There were TV's for every seat and the cost for more than a 2 hour flight was $5.99 for a decent variety of channels. Overall I had a good flight both ways and would recommend Frontier based on this experience.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I flew Frontier from SFO-MSY. I had to pay for seats on both flights totalling $70 plus a checked bag fee for both flights totalling $40. On top of a $500 ticket it cost me $110 extra just to get a seat and to check one bag. All the drinks and food on the plane are extra. On top of that when I arrived in New Orleans only half of the passengers received their checked luggage. The rest of us waited over an hour for someone to help us and after that they found our bags in the back of the baggage claim where someone forgot to put them on the carousel. Today (5/7/15) I get to the airport for my return trip - everyone was ready to board when someone comes out at the gate to tell us that our flight was delayed for four hours because Frontier didn't have a crew for the flight. The woman who made the announcement quickly walked away leaving all the passengers standing in disbelief. I go to the ticket counter to have them find a flight from Denver to San Francisco because I was going to miss my connection. I was put on hold 45 minutes and talked to four different people.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I took Frontier Airlines from Houston IAH to San Francisco SFO on Saturday May 2nd and returned on Wednesday May 6th. The airline gives complimentary water and was punctual to the destinations. Had no issues with luggage nor seating.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I've been flying Frontier between Dulles and Orlando on a regular basis (once or twice a month) since they started the service last summer. They are having scheduling issues flights are late 70-80% of the time. They charge for everything since I have no luggage only a computer bag that's ok. I reserve a seat since I don't want a middle one and that recently went from $3 to $8. All this is ok for a two hour flight (beats driving) except that the plane I have been flying on lately has the thinnest most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat on in an airplane. Not sure if this is an exception or this is the new normal? Overall they're ok and the flight delays are becoming shorter and less frequent.

Frontier Airlines customer review

My family and I flew round-trip from Cleveland to Orlando and I am happy to report that we had great experiences on both flights. All Frontier airport staff/flight attendants were very friendly. Neither flight was delayed at all in fact we reached our destination ahead of schedule both times. I will say that we were annoyed by the extra charges for choosing seats (which I did because one of my companions is a very nervous flyer and I didn't want her to be alone) and carry-on bags (which again we did - checking bags is the cheaper option but I prefer the ease of carry-on luggage whenever possible) however getting to/from our destination safely and efficiently is top priority. I would certainly recommend Frontier to others but just make sure you look into all the charges before you book so you know what's coming.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flew at the end of April 2015 from CVG-LAS round-trip. First experience on Frontier. I had researched pretty well so I knew all about the extra fees. I paid in advance for a checked bag and an upgraded stretch seat. Seat was very average at best but on a long flight the leg space was worth it. It was my first time checking a bag in years as I couldn't justify spending more to carry my bag on. A bit of a hassle but probably would not stop me from flying them again. Flights were on time and went off without complication. They really hustle to turn the planes around quickly. That also means that they don't get cleaned very well as this is the flight crews job. Floor of the plane was filthy and general upkeep was neglected. Definitely no frills but they did get me and my luggage from point A to point B safely and on time.