Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

On October 24 2013 my sister and I began a long-awaited vacation with flights from SLC to Denver and one from Denver to Fort Lauderdale. SLC to Denver leg of the journey went without a hitch. We were not questioned about our carry-on bags or our purses. When we went to board our flight in Denver we were rudely told we could not take our carry-on bags because they were too large and would have to pay an exorbitant charge for it ($100). The Customer Service person told us to go to a kiosk several gates away and pay for our bag knowing full well that if we did so we would miss our flight. We were forced to pay the charge of $100 per bag. I observed at least 15 people on the flight that had bags two and three times larger than the size of my bag. We were then put into seats that had the least amount of leg room that I have come across. When we finally got to Fort Lauderdale out of curiosity I tried the pre-formed compartments that several airlines had in front of their check in gates. My bag fit easily into each of them with room to spare. At least we were finally able to go on our vacation no thanks to Frontier. On November 4 the trouble started again. When we checked in at Fort Lauderdale we were told that the flight was delayed by one hour because of mechanical problems. That delay would mean that we would miss our connecting flight from Denver to Salt Lake. They said they would get us on a partner airline. A gate agent had put us on an American Airlines afternoon flight. When we tried to check in at American Airlines we were told that the gate agent had not called and confirmed us. Fortunately for us American was kind enough to work with us and find us a late flight to Dallas that then connected on to Salt Lake.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flight 403 from Denver to LAX on 12/18/2013. I am a Denver native and resident and the decline in the quality of this airline is sad to me. It was never a top tier airline in quality but the recent addition of fees for everything but use of the bathroom has taken it to the very bottom. Want to select your own seat? $8. Stretch seating? $20. Carry-on bag? $25 each way. Seltzer water? $3. Oh and today you have to stand in a new separate line where they force you to stuff said $25 carry-on into a sizing box. If you don't they won't allow you to board the plane. The staff is inflexible probably because of the new corporate rules. Two round trip flights in the last month they are my last ever on Frontier.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I bought a classic plus ticket so that I wouldn't have to pay at check in. However if you check in online you still must wait in line (this was in Seattle and OKC) because there is no curbside drop off. You are better off using the kiosk to check in at the airport because you will receive priority for baggage check. They are severely understaffed and use outdated computers and communication systems so everything is super slow for check in. At OKC two of the 3 kiosks weren't working. Of the 4 flight attendant crews that I experienced on this trip one crew was awful and one crew was great. it had been a while since I had flown on Frontier and I'm with other reviewers when I say never again. Unbelievable.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I've flown Frontier 3 times in the last year. Each experience worse than the prior. They now charge $50 for a carry on bag $25 for a checked bag. Tha last time my seat was taken by another passenger and the flight attendant made me sit between two larger passengers. Never again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

My family and I got to the airport at 5.05 because we dropped our rental at around and 4.40 got the documentation for that one. Now earlier in the day we were notified via email that our 5.45 had been changed to 5.55. Upon trying to check a car seat and a bag which we per paid for at the same time we checked in online more than 3 hours before we were told that could not happen because the time had been changed back to 5.45. I know about the 45 minute cut off time some airports have but it was still showing a departure time of 5.55pm on the departure board and the best part is it didn't even leave until after 6.10. I was given the option to pay 50 dollars more per person for a flight leaving the next day but the wife and I had to work the next day. I basically had to pay $370 to get home. I will pay more to never fly them again.
Seat Comfort N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

Very unlikely I will use Frontier again. Three of us flew from NYC to Portland OR on Dec 2 2013. I bought the tickets through a 3rd party so I had no idea they charged for both checked and carry on bags. Frontier is the only airline that charges for carry on bags. I believe these are hidden costs that they're passing on to consumers and that this practice is unlawful. Aren't the airlines required to disclose all costs? Also their system of charges is complex as is the various "classes" of customers. I am so annoyed at having to pay an additional $110 for the bags.

Frontier Airlines customer review

First of all I looked online and they said first baggage was free. Got there had to pay $25. The flight had to make an emergency landing (I understand things happen). Got a hotel voucher to stay the night and the desk clerk said this happens all the time! Never again. It is taking 22 hrs and 3 flights to get from Houston to Albuquerque!

Frontier Airlines customer review

I will never use this airline again. I had no idea that they charge passengers for carry on bags if you use a third party vendor to book your flight. That is not a deal. We observed numerous travelers being advised of this policy at the time of boarding. Also they charge $2 for a small cup of water. Don't use this airline.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I discovered that they have upped their price for checked baggage and now charge $1.99 for inflight sodas. I then missed my connecting flight due to an error on the counter attendant's part and was charged an additional $50 to change to the next flight. When I calmly explained the situation I was told that I was the only person to miss the flight. She rudely dismissed my further request for a supervisor and demanded payment unless I was "no longer interested in reaching my final destination." My traveling is not yet over and I have already encountered further issues with this airline just in one day. I shudder to think what my return trip will be like. Throughout this ordeal I have encountered the same attitude with each Frontier representative. The customer service is absolutely atrocious the employees do not seem to care and I have found that Frontier does not uphold the typical customer service mantra that "The Customer is Always Right."

Frontier Airlines customer review

We flew Frontier for the first time and it was definitely our last time. I've never heard of an airline that charges for carry on $50 a piece soft drinks $1.99 TV $5.99 and to top it all multiple delays. Customer Service was horrible. One of the check-in agents drove a lady into tears. It was horrible to watch. We also had problems getting seat assigned together but thank you to passengers who were kind enough to switch. Please beware If you book through a third party you will pay for your carry on.