Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

Portland-Denver-Jackson Hole in A320/A319. Smooth online booking online check-in and bag drop Flights on time and the service efficient. Seats in the cheapest part of the plane offered as much legroom as premium airlines' Economy. A non-alcoholic drink was served on each leg (no free snack). The hub at Denver was quite crowded and busy. Luggage took a long time to be unloaded at Jackson Hole. Overall a good experience.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I arrive at the airport 2 hours ahead of time to find the Frontier line out of the door. There were two extremely slow agents and a slew of broken kiosks. After an hour in line I finally got through security to find out my flight was delayed. Because of this I would miss my connecting flight. Frontier rebooked me on one of their later itineraries - one that would get in 3 hours 17 minutes later than my original itinerary. Even though there was other flights available on other carriers I was booked on this flight. After doing some research on Frontiers website I found Frontier's policy about controllable flights. "If we can't get you on a Frontier flight scheduled to arrive within three hours of your original itinerary we'll do our best to arrange for you to fly on another available carrier or combination of carriers with whom we have agreements." After bringing this to the attention of the agent at the gate I was booked on another connecting flight on another airline. Then I found out our original flight was cancelled so I would miss my new connecting flight. While standing in line at the gate trying to rebook my flight I was told I had to go back to the ticketing counter to do so. I had been standing in this line for 45 minutes already. I proceeded back through security and waited in another line for an hour and a half line to try to rebook to get on a new flight. I cannot believe an airline could be so incompetent. I feel that it is ridiculous that I have to go on Frontier's website and show it to Frontier agents in order for anything to happen.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I flew to Portland OR from NYC via Denver. Outbound trip was great. On the way back on DEN-LGA leg of the journey the pilot made an emergency landing in Indianapolis. The next 16 hours is a case study in trying to buy off customers for poor quality service. Instead of having enough people on the ground to service the accommodation of 150+ passengers the airline effectively paid the passengers to struggle through the limited resources available on the ground in Indianapolis to assist them. I ended up sleeping the night in a cold airport lounge and slogged through multiple re-scheduling of the continuation of my trip from Indianapolis to NYC. I tore up the $400 airline voucher I got for the inconvenience.

Frontier Airlines customer review

We (5 people) travelled from GEG to DEN on 08/03/12. I was travelling with my disabled daughter in a wheelchair. During reservation I had already informed them that my daughter is in a wheelchair and cannot walk. We checked in online and after going through security arrived at gate C32. After the gate agent arrived I reminded her that we need an aisle chair. She said that as per 'normal' Frontier procedure when travelling with a wheelchair passenger I should have checked in at the counter and not online. I never saw this instruction on their website. She also mentioned that they can deny us boarding for not doing that. I did complain about this to the airline and they rewarded me the with a whopping $25 certificate per passenger that can only be used for 'future' travel on this customer un-friendly airline. Frontier provides only complementary beverage no food.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I just returned from a trip with Frontier Airlines and I hope it is the last time I need to travel with them. Unlike other reviewers we were not offered a cookie with our drink. We had a delay of 6 hours which was not Frontier's fault however people were tired. A nice gesture would have been to offer flyers a whole can of Pepsi not just the usual half ice and half drink that all airlines offer after the wait was over. Instead we had one steward who was not rude but obviously tired. Frontier like most airlines does charge. Their term for this is "excess baggage" when you check it in. It's not excess it's your luggage bag. However what I was amazed about was Frontier staff kept announcing before the flight that the flight was full and you should check your roll-on baggage before boarding. In both cases where I saw this done many people did check their roll ons and there was lots of space in the overhead bins. This was a DC to Denver to Billings MT round trip.

Frontier Airlines customer review

All in all pretty good experience. Flights were on time check in was smooth as were the flights. Flight attendants were great. The only cons were the planes were small and cramped especially on the Denver to Spokane leg. We paid extra for Classic Plus and felt like our knees were under our chins undoubtedly due to the aircraft type and the fact that three seats were squeezed into an area probably meant for two. We were shoulder to shoulder in the three row seating and both of us are small and thin. I imagine it would be even more miserable for people who are normal sized or a little overweight. It wasn't as bad on our return flight but it wasn't full and we had an empty seat in our row. The saving grace for Frontier at least as far as we were concerned was the courtesy of the staff at the airports and the personable flight attendants.

Frontier Airlines customer review

SEA-DEN-OKC-DEN-OKC. Overall service was really good. Had a huge delay from DEN-OKC due to crew scheduling issues but other 3 legs were on time. Food selection was adequate for these flight duration's but the aircraft interiors need to be refreshed. With that said seats on 3 of the 4 legs were uncomfortable due to high wear and tear. IFE was not free like Virgin America or JetBlue. It's terrible how the US airlines are charging for everything now it's getting ridiculous.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flight: In last month. Just returned last night to Anchorage. I used my Early Returns miles and took my family to ATL via DEN. All aspects of our trip were great on Frontier. We did takeoff 40 minutes late from DEN on our return but somehow managed to arrive 20 min's early into Anchorage. The planes were fine the service excellent and staff attitudes were quite positive. No problems and no complaints! I will fly them again soon!

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flew from La Guardia to Denver. Flight took off 40 minutes late but otherwise a pretty pleasant experience. Newish Airbus with comfortable leather seats decent legroom and direct TV screens in seatbacks. Crew was OK but unremarkable. I'd fly them again and consider them one of the better options in my market.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I purchased a round trip Minneapolis to Santa Barbara 4 months in advance. I did not specifically look at the aisle seating I was assigned and 3 out of 4 legs I was seated just in front of the exit row and could not recline my seat (Row 10). 3 out of 4 legs were on an Embraer 190 which is a nice plane but no storage. Last leg on Airbus 320 had the most cramped seating I've experienced. They gate checked my bag half way through boarding letting the last 20 folks bring on their bags. When I asked the flight attendant what was going on she said they "pre-emptively" gate check bags when they have few checked bags for a full flight. Bottom line is that Frontier is not customer friendly. They will survive on price alone and they won't get my business unless I'm desperate.