Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

Three of us travelled round trip on Frontier between Washington Dulles and Fort Myers Florida. Our experience was excellent. Frontier was not only $100 cheaper per ticket than any other airline flying the same route but it was also the only airline offering direct service. We opted not to reserve seats to save money yet when we checked in Frontier assigned us seats together. Usually when traveling each of us would have brought a separate carry on bags but because Frontier charges for carry on as well as checked bags we opted to share a large checked bag for the same cost as a single carryon. Boarding was orderly the plane clean the crew pleasant and the flight was on time. We definitely will use Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I'm a frequent flyer so for me to say that this is by far the worst airline I have ever traveled on is quite accurate. Where do I even begin? After purchasing a ticket that was supposed to have one free bag checked I was told at check in that I'd have to pay $25 to check in my bag. In addition I was told had to either pay $35 for my carry on or get it checked in for $30. Are you kidding me? That's already 3/4 my ticket. Then I arrive at the gate just to find out there was a delay. Not to mention the customer service was rude and made us wait 30 minutes in line to check in. Please if you care about your money and time do not fly with this airline. They rip you off completely and are shameless about it. Please spare yourself the trouble.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Drove to Chicago on 10/24 and paid for a hotel to be at O'Hare by 5am 10/25 for a 7.30 direct flight to Cancun. Due to a scratch on the nose of the plane that we were told would take 45 minutes to fix we waited and waited until finally leaving at 5.30pm. Instead of being at our resort by 1pm we arrive there after 10pm. While delays can be expected with any airline a 10 hour delay was ridiculous. The gate agents were rude and aside from a food coupon for each passenger they did nothing. Our vacation was cut short by an entire day. The agents announced that if we wanted to complain to call the travel agency. I will avoid Frontier. We've flown extensively and again delays happen. But not 10 hours and if it did happen I'd think they would do more than give you an attitude and a cheesy food voucher. Very disappointed.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Just flew SLC - Denver. Paid extra for classic plus which was to include early seating extra leg room free checked bag and carry on and one free alcohol drink and other drinks free. Guess what: after 22nd of this month - no free drinks. "Didn't I get the email?" How can Frontier just take away something I paid extra for? Will avoid this airline if at all possible.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Arrived two hours early for a flight from O'Hare to Dulles. We had pre-printed our boarding passes and paid for our additional checked luggage. We simply need to check the luggage at the counter. Our party of five - along with several others were redirected out of the line to some type of "domestic" holding area as they attended to an international flight. About a half hour into our wait the redirection stopped. However those of us in the holding area were left to stand there for another half an hour without further direction. There must have been twenty travelers that arrived well after we did that found their way in front of us in a very long line. My son- in-law took matters into his own hands as it was obvious that the Frontier service reps had no intention of returning for us. Had it not been for his negotiating with the people in line we all might still be sitting there. Upon arrival at our destination we sat at the gate for a half an hour before de-boarding. Despite this wait we waited an additional 40 minutes for luggage to begin flowing at the baggage claim. I am a well seasoned traveler for both business and pleasure. This was my first experience with this airline and it will certainly be my last. I would never fly this airline again!

Frontier Airlines customer review

Unpleasant staff; unwilling to assist in any way expensive baggage fees including carry-on old planes with broken seats extra charge for a soft drink and the list goes on. The price of the ticket was not any cheaper than any other airline but the service and lack of customer care made it a very negative experience across the board. Especially for a handicap passenger or anyone with special needs it is a bad choice to fly Frontier!

Frontier Airlines customer review

My wife and I flew from Denver to Minneapolis. They changed our seats at the last minute by calling us up to the counter. We argued to no avail. Rude agent says they don't have to explain. We were reassigned seats to the back of the plane and separated. I will never fly Frontier again.

(Israel)

My Frontier flight was scheduled about 3 hours after a long intercontinental flight to Denver supposed landing and I was really scared after reading all bad reviews. However the experience was very nice. We did not do online check-in but it took literally 1 minute to check-in on the counter. When making a reservation I paid for carry- on items instead of check-in. When I found that out I called and wrote to customer service and they told I'll be able to check my item in and so it was. The staff were helpful the flight departed and landed without delays. When we landed one of the bags was damaged (whichI think is not airline responsibility). We went to Frontier representatives in Bozeman airport (it was around 11 pm)and they just brought us a new bag. You have to pay for carry-on and check-in baggage and drinks but the ticket price is still good.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Due to storms our flight was over 30 minutes late leaving Atlanta. Knowing that we only had 35 minutes to make our connection I expressed my concern to two of the flight attendants on the plane before take-off. They assured me that due to flights being late that it shouldn't be a problem making our connection since the tower was aware. We arrived 15 minutes after our connecting flight left. We were offered stand-by on the last flight to Phoenix along with 10 other passengers. We were told that there were no seats available the next day and would have to fly stand-by on any of the flights to Phoenix on Tuesday. We were confirmed for a flight on Wednesday. This was unacceptable since we had to return to work on Wednesday. When I asked if we would be provided with food and hotel vouchers I was informed that it wasn't Frontier's fault and that we would not be given any form of compensation. Taking matters into our own hands we chose to fly into Las Vegas and rented a car to make the 5.5 hour drive home. I was told that flights cannot be held yet as I sat waiting for the stand-by flight I witnessed Flt 583 to Salt Lake City at 7.05pm being held for a flight that had arrived late at the gate next to it. I have been flying for 40 years. I have seen a drastic decline in the quality of air travel over the years. To go from getting a hot meal on the plane to having to pay for a can of soda. The lack of compassion from Frontier's customer service center is disturbing to say the least. I wasn't even offered a discount voucher for a hotel as I was told I should have been. It's a shame that the customers who pay for a service are treated with disrespect.

Frontier Airlines customer review

My daughter has flown Frontier Airlines from Seattle to Denver to Bismarck and back on several occasions so I should have known better. Her flights were almost always late and there were several times they were late enough for her to miss her connections to Seattle or to Bismarck. Still the cheaper fare wooed me. Well after leaving 45 minutes late on my flight to Denver and 3 hours late from Denver I am no longer interested in the savings. Goodbye Frontier.