FlySafair

"over 4 hours to get another plane"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | I flew from Port Elizabeth to Johannesburg on 14 October 2017. Our plane hit a bird on departure from Port Elizabeth. It took them over 4 hours to get another plane to Port Elizabeth. Keep in mind its only an hour flight from Cape Town and a 1.5 hour flight from Johannesburg, they had some excuse as to why it was taking so long to get another plane. I missed my connecting flight that night. After lauching a complaint to their customer service and following up for feedback they now are ignoring me. I will not recommend this airline to anyone.
RoutePort Elizabeth to Johannesburg
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Totally disappointment"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Johannesburg to George. I have been flying with FlySafair since they start flying in South Africa. I was always satisfied with the service but lately their service is worse. They are not on time for the last two flights we took first one was on the 9/08/2017 at OR Tambo on flight FA220, we were delayed for one hour before we took off needless to say I missed my important meeting in George. Second one was on the 15/08/2017 at George on flight FA221 only 6 days later and we were delayed again for an hour. Again I have to miss my business meetings in Johannesburg. I ask myself why must I use an airline that started well but lately is causing me embarrassments with my clients. Totally disappointment.
RouteJohannesburg to George
Date FlownAugust 2017

"a great no-frills carrier"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Last minute day trip from Johannesburg to Durban return. Very user friendly website meant that I selected the flights, booked, paid for, and checked in, all within 10 minutes. Prices were below competitors on this route. Both flights on time, aircraft was clean and crew seemed friendly enough. Did not order any catering. The only reason to drop 1 point from 10/10 is that the person I travelled with checked in to the aisle seat, and I to the window seat, hoping for a free seat in the middle (no one will take that seat when on line checking in), but the middle seat was filled by airport check in staff. That's fine for a full flight, but when there are empty rows forward and behind why squeeze everyone together? Anyway overall, a great no-frills carrier.
RouteJohannesburg to Durban
Date FlownApril 2017

"clean planes and very friendly airport staff"

Verified Review | I read good reviews about this airline but was worried as it was very new to the market and one of the cheapest tickets I could find. What I found was a fantastically easy website to use on your mobile, upfront and clear charges, clean planes and very friendly airport staff. Also, as I was travelling with a small child, I didn't expect them to let us carry baby carrier and stroller for free. After speaking to family members back home in South Africa they all had had great experiences with FlySafari.
RouteDUR to CPT
Date FlownOctober 2016

"ground staff extremely helpful"

Verified Review | Port Elizabeth to Cape Town with family of four on FlySafair. Very smooth booking and online check in process; fast baggage drop at PLZ. Ground staff extremely helpful and friendly. Boarding fast and without delay. Left PLZ in time. No frills airline so did not expect free food/entertainment, beverage service fast and ok. Seats width and backrest tilt ok, legroom could be more. Arrival in time.
RoutePLZ to CPT
Date FlownApril 2016

"spacious seating"

(South Africa)

I was very impressed my FlySafair flight from Cape Town to Johannesburg. I was expecting it to be as uncomfortable as Kulula, but I was so impressed with the spacious seating on the 737 800. The crew were friendly and professional. They ran out of rolls which was all I could fault them on. The baggage arrived really quickly too, which is another plus.
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"great service onboard"

(South Africa)

Every aspect of the trip could not have gone better. Easy to book online or add extras if needed and to check-in online. At the airport smooth boarding, great service onboard from pleasant and helpful staff. I did a day return from Cape Town to Johannesburg without luggage and on tome both ways. New plane going up, less comfortable and with less legroom than an older plane used on the return trip. Prices are excellent especially if booked well in advance.
Date FlownNovember 2015

"an excellent flight"

(South Africa)

Durban to Cape Town with FlySafair. Was an excellent flight. Bought a special airfare of R399 to Cape Town. Was a little worried after reviews that I read. Staff were friendly and well mannered. Flight was on time. Check in was easy and quick. Will definitely use them again. Thank you Flysafair.
RouteDurban to Cape Town
Date FlownNovember 2015

"efficient pleasant experience"

(South Africa)

Cape Town to Johannesburg with FlySafair. Fairly new in the market for internal routes. Half the price of rival Kulula and as good if not better. Very easy and quick web booking and online check in. Great staff and service. No long winded announcements on turning electronic equipment off. Quick, easy, on time, efficient, pleasant experience.
Date FlownOctober 2015

FlySafair customer review

(South Africa)

Flysafair is a new low cost airline flying within South Africa. Their website booking engine works well, check in baggage allowance can be purchased, some catering is available for sale as well. The seating is quite spacious and comfortable the staff friendly and efficient. Flight left and arrived promptly and although the fleet is older than the competitors the aircraft are in good shape and clean and well kept.
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg