Vote Now

Flybe

"short flight was fine"

Verified Review | I flew Paris Orly to Southampton with Flybe on a Bombardier Dash 8 Q400. This was an Air France booked flight but operated by the British regional carrier flyBe. Online check in could only be done on Air France AF website. All refreshments had to be paid unlike Air France. The short flight was fine, left and arrived on time, I had a pair of seats to myself.
AircraftBombardier Dash 8 Q400
RouteParis Orly to Southampton
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"most uncomfortable plane"

Verified Review | Geneva to Southampton. Coldest, noisiest, most uncomfortable plane I've ever been on, and I fly several times a year and used loads of the no frills airlines. Really rude flight attendants. The flight was delayed because they hadn't got their paperwork in order, as the captain explained to us. Surely this is a pretty basic part of running an airline? First and last time I'll ever use Flybe.
RouteGeneva to Southampton
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"would never fly them again"

Verified Review | Manchester to Belfast. I fly to Manchester to see my partner at least once a month. Unfortunately, I have to use flybe as it's the only carrier that does this route from my nearest airport. I have yet to have one flight leave on time, with my shortest delay time being 30mins and my longest delay being 3.5 hours (from 8pm to 11:30pm). Numerous times I have missed my last train from the airport and had to get taxis or wait for someone to come collect me at some ridiculous hour - the journey time is 40mins on the Manchester side. For my last flight just before Christmas, they actually forgot to schedule our aircraft a crew. We waited at the gate for an hour while they tried to find a crew to fly us home. Absolute disgrace and a sorry excuse for an airline. They don't listen to your feedback, so save yourself the hassle and fly elsewhere where possible. If I had the choice I would never fly with them again.
RouteMAN to BHD
Date FlownDecember 2016

"the most horrible experience"

Verified Review | Nantes to Manchester. I have just had the most horrible experience with Flybe. I take on average 25 flights a year but have never quite experienced anything like what I did with Flybe. After 4 different departure times, my flight was then delayed by over 2 hours without anybody giving us any updates. There were families, babies on the flight but it seemed normal than we were left at the gate for hours without being explained what was going on. Eventually someone came to see us because a lot of passengers were getting really worried, all we were told was they didn't know why the plane didn't turn up! After three hours of waiting, eventually I found out that the flight was cancelled (by calling the airline - still nobody knew anything at the boarding gate) and I had a rebook a new flight. Flybe doesn't give any compensation for long delays (unlike most other airlines). Also on the Flybe website it says that if a flight is delayed by over two hours, refreshments will be provided. I'm still waiting to receive these refreshments! When rebooking a new flight, staff was very unhelpful and incapable of telling me what was available, I had to search for a new flight myself. While I was searching for it, I was told to hurry up because they were busy. This airline is a joke and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.
RouteNTE to MAN
Date FlownDecember 2016

"horrible experience with Flybe"

Verified Review | A horrible experience with Flybe. I booked a flight from Southend to Groningen weeks before the departure and arrived at the airport 3 hours before departure. The flight was delayed by 2 hours due to unexplainable cabin crew issues. I ended up spending the entire Christmas Day at the airport with no vouchers or compensation or information about the delay. I missed my family Christmas dinner and will never fly with this airline again. Do not book flights with this company,
RouteSEN to GRO
Date FlownDecember 2016

"no service provided or reassurances provided"

Flight home back from university for Christmas holidays from Manchester to Southampton. All looked well on arrival to the airport, good weather. Self service Flybe bag drop system at T3 was helpful and done within 5 minutes. Security took at least 45 mins but that was due to the early morning rush, flight was scheduled for 7.15. Despite the heavy fog that had set in they boarded on time and looked all on set to go. Captain announced a delay of 30 minutes due to the fog, so sat on the ground for that long before starting engines. No service provided or reassurances provided by the cabin crew during this time. Then a further long wait at the runway to takeoff. Service inflight was not much due to short flight time in comparison to last time I flew this route a month ago. Landed just 25 minutes late despite taking off nearly an hour late. Southampton airport is always quick to exit even with hold baggage so that made up for it. In all Flybe could not do anything about the weather they just could have dealt with it better in the service they provided. Hopefully no delays on my flight back in the New Year. Still the best way for me to get back from university during holidays so will continue to use them and still overall recommend.
AircraftEmbraer E195
RouteMAN to SOU

"terrible service"

Verified Review | Flew Flybe from London City to Edinburgh. Terrible service, I will avoid this airline in future whenever possible. My outbound flight was delayed by an hour, we didn't even receive an apology from the flight crew. On my return journey I asked if I could get a 2 hour earlier flight, they wanted to charge me £45 for it, whereas my colleague changed his easyjet flight for just £15. I can guarantee that they won't be refunding me £22.50 for the hour I had to wait on my original journey.
RouteLCY to EDI
Date FlownNovember 2016

" waste of money and time"

Edinburgh to Stornoway with Flybe. May as well waste some time while waiting for my delayed flight. Flybe is awful. Time and time again there is technical issues - our flight was due to leave at 7am - the board said delayed an hour, then updated to depart 8:20 - now they're saying 'another update at 8:30'. We spend a ridiculous amount of money on flights to and from Stornoway to then have to wait around for 'technical issues'. I understand things happen, but with Flybe it happens far too often. A waste of money and a waste of time - if we had another option of airline we most certainly would not pick Flybe. We had an amazing holiday away and then trying to get home it gets ruined by this poor service.
RouteEDI to SYY
Date FlownNovember 2016

"it was wonderful to be back"

First time on a turbo-prop for many years and it was wonderful to be back. Edinburgh - Southampton, nearly full flight, departure a few minutes late and arrival ten minutes early. After all these years travelling the world on jet engined aircraft it was absolutely exhilirating to go hurtling down the runway at Edinburgh, real sensation of speed sitting so close to the ground and, of course, much better view of the ground, where cloud permitted, flying along at 24,000 feet. Beautiful view of Winchester Cathedral in the descent and very smooth landing at Eastleigh. Return journey we had a thirty minute delay waiting for the incoming aircraft and then an additional two hour delay when a hydraulic pump failed on engine start-up. Excellently handled by the on-board crew with good information from the captain and cabin crew. Very well handled back in the terminal with refreshment vouchers handed out immediately and regular up-dates on progress. We were back aboard before the promised time, full apologies from the captain and the crew for the delay and inconvenience and a smooth, comfortable journey back to Edinburgh. A smallish but very comfortable, smooth and not too noisy aircraft and the much maligned Flybe provided us with an experience I will happily rate at nine out of ten.
AircraftBombardier Dash 8-Q400
RouteEDI to SOU
Date FlownNovember 2016

"on par with any full service airlines"

Verified Review | Excellent flight. BE4517 from Cardiff to Glasgow in over 1 hour. Check in staffs at Cardiff airport were helpful and attentive. Flight left about 15 minutes late but made up and landed on time in Glasgow. Cabin crews were nice and 'smiling'. Would love to fly them again. Overall, great flight. No complaints. On par with any full service airlines.
AircraftEmbraer 195