Top 100 Airports

Flybe

"I would not recommend them"

I am glad I found this review site and read other reviews. I tried to fly with Flybe from the Isle of Man to Manchester on a Friday evening. As with other reviews the flight was delayed, then it was announced we were leaving then twenty minutes later it was cancelled. No representative was available. We were told to wait in a queue only if we wanted to re- book our flights. Our flight option was Sunday as 'all Saturday flights' were full. So with no further information I had to book a ferry as I was only away for a long weekend. I had to get a Taxi home myself, Make phone calls myself, get myself to the ferry next morning and there was no food. Flybe make sure they are detached from the whole complaints procedure by handing out a leaflet, telling you to write a letter or fill in a form. There is no direct e-mail as my husband provided one he used four months ago which no longer works. Ten days later, after sending off the form, followed by a letter I am still waiting for compensation for the supposed 'technical error' which means airline cancellation. Between my husband and I we have taken six flights via Manchester from Isle of Man to Glasgow. Three flights have been cancelled due to a 'technical error', the airline needs investigating. I fear I have little choice at times but to use Flybe. It is no longer by choice. I would not recommend them unless you have plenty of time for flight cancellations. I can confirm they will usually put you up in a hotel after several hours of waiting. Clearly this doesn't happen if this is the Isle of Man or if it does no one tells you about it.
RouteIOM to MAN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"the most basic I have ever seen"

Verified Review | Checked in 90 minutes before departure for 40 minute direct flight to Isle of Man from Birmingham. But sadly was one of c. 20 passengers who had their checked in luggage left behind in Birmingham. Not sent on next day, no email or phone call to explain or apologise. £20.00 per bag charge for checking in luggage, so expect better service. Flybe website is very careful to avoid explaining that you have a legal right to compensation for essential toiletries, change of clothes etc - very sneaky. Flight itself was ok, smooth takeoff and landing. Seats the most basic I have ever seen, but OK for short flight. Very disappointed, will try to avoid Flybe where possible in the future. Was told on the Isle of Man that Flybe Birmingham flights are jokingly referred to as "Maybe" flights because there are so many regular disruptions. May seem more amusing once I'm reunited with my bag.
AircraftATR72-500
RouteBHX to IOM
Date FlownJuly 2016

"flights are generally late"

Verified Review | I work in Europe and live in Cornwall. This means that I regularly have to take Flybe flights to and from my home since there is no other carrier available. These flights are generally late, and I believe that the Flybe timetable is more for general guidance, rather than for any accurate arrival/departure times. I can generally deal with tardiness (although it has meant that I have had to run at times, to make connections), however what really annoyed me recently (I have a lot of patience being married with kids) was that on the 24th June 2016 the 20.10 Flybe flight (BE0806) from Gatwick to Newquay was cancelled, at 22.30. In addition the following happened that night - 1) No food vouchers were made available, whilst it was still shown as late 2) No other transportation, or support for other travel arrangements, were made available 3) Accommodation was announced at 2am for Brighton, with no promise of any return transportation to the airport area, for the alternative train transportation I had made. Therefore myself, and about 20 other passengers spent the late evening / morning at Gatwick airport, before taking trains to Cornwall, which we arranged and paid for out of our own pocket. At no time during that evening, or early morning, did we meet a Flybe representative, only agents who struggled to act on your behalf.
RouteLGW to NQY
Date FlownJune 2016

"wouldn't use this airline again"

My first time with Flybe wasn't great. My family and I had booked a weekend break to the Lochs and were due to fly from Birmingham to Glasgow at 7.15 am. The afternoon before, we got an email to say that the flight had been cancelled and we were offered an alternative flight from East Midlands at 12.35pm. We were instructed to be at Birmingham Airport at 10am for the coach transfer. When we got there the Flybe staff didn't seem sure what was happening. They sent us to Swissport who said that they have nothing to do with this airline and they sent us back to Flybe. Eventually an airport representative told us that a coach would pick us up at 10.30. We got to East Midlands with less than an hour to check in before the flight departure. The return flight to Birmingham 2 days later was delayed by 1.5 Hours. The cabin crew were courteous and professional but that's about all you can say in favour of this airline. I wouldn't use this airline again unless I had to.
AircraftQ400
RouteBHX to GLA
Date FlownJuly 2016

"flight is late every time"

Verified Review | I fly the Manchester to Southampton route most weeks with Flybe. Around 80 flights a year. The flight is late every time. We are usually offered some drivel about a 'crew change' or something equally unimaginative. If I have to amend a flight, which can happen on occasion, I am charged for this heavily. Basically, this is a very poor airline with equally poor customer service.
AircraftUnknown.
RouteMAN to SOU

"farcical from A to Z"

Verified Review | Farcical from A to Z. This is the worst airline experience ever, bar none. The flight from Lyon to Southampton was delayed by 4h20 minutes with no explanation from anyone, it was then diverted via Nantes. This led me to arrive so late in SOU that I missed connecting flight to EDI and am having to wait until 8.30 pm for this, therefore arriving at 10 pm instead of 4 pm - late by more than 6 hours, on a trip that should take 2 hours. There has been no support from ground staff. I notice currently that many flights are announced as delayed in SOU. I will never use FlyBe again, that is for certain. As for the plane, it was old and dirty with rough landings.
AircraftDash 400
RouteLYS to EDI via SOU
Date FlownJuly 2016

"Comfortable and crew were fine"

Was booked to return home on Monday (27/6/16) however had a family emergency and needed to get home earlier. Called the airline at 10am on Sunday morning and, after explaining the situation was able to change my flight for a fee of £40. Agent was helpful and did her utmost to helpc. Was rebooked onto the 1225 flight Sunday morning. Flight was about 10 mins late departing due to a last minute aircraft change. Other than that the flight was fine. Comfortable and the crew were fine.
AircraftDash 8 Q400
RouteSOU to GLA

"not fit for service"

Newquay to London Gatwick. Delayed by two hours out. Then on return asked to wait to wait for two hours after original check in of 8.30 to be told flight cancelled too late to find alternative means home to Cornwall. Then no flight next day. Disgraceful abuse of customers. So very angry. Not fit for service.
RouteNQY to LGW
Date FlownJune 2016

"once again been delayed"

Manchester to Southampton. I have never flown on time with flybe. Once again been delayed 1hr30 which causes me to have to rearrange onward travel with unnecessary stress. Why are flybe never on time? I am due to fly with them again on Sunday and unfortunately again in 2 weeks. I dread the flight and expected delays once again. Looking at the rating, flybe seem to always score low, no higher the 4 out of 10!
RouteMAN to SOU

"will fly BA next time"

(China)

Verified Review | This is the first time I have flown on Flybe, and the choice was because I wanted to land at LCY (London City airport). The flight on a Q400 Dash 8 was an experience, a bit bumpy compared with larger aircrafts. However there is little service in the air: no drinks and a tea bag costs £2.50. The aircraft is clean and seating not bad. But what I don't like about Flybe is its website for online check in. You have to fill in so many things before you can check in. It requires a contact phone number out of a menu of destinations, and it is all Europe destinations. I have a Hong Kong and China phone number, but all were invalid, every time it bounced back. I could not check in for choice of seat etc. This website was enough to deter me from flying them again. The fare is cheap but a hold luggage costs 29EUR, meaning that the final fare approaches that of BA. Will fly BA next time.
AircraftQ400 Dash 8