Flybe

"high noise and vibrations"

Review by (United Kingdom)

I am not usually one for writing reviews, however I feel very strongly about my experience on this Flybe flight. Currently 24 weeks pregnant it was risk assessed it would be better for me to fly than drive (my usual preference) to avoid significant period of time driving. I was unfortunate enough to be sat in seat 8D. The flight was very noisy to start with, I am not a nervous flyer and told myself that this would stop. It didn't the noise and the constant vibrations continued. I finally managed to speak with a pleasant and helpful hostess who confirmed that some aircraft are just this noisy. She stated that particularly rows 7-10. There was only a short period of time left in the flight and those around me didn't seem to be impacted by the high noise and vibrations. Whilst the hostess offered I could move the time left of the flight it didn't seem worth it. I left feeling physically sick and some what off balance due to the constant noise/ vibrations. I would very strongly recommend to never sit in rows 7-10 and these seats are not suitable for anyone who is pregnant. I have flown freaquently and I have never experienced this level of noise/ vibrations on a flight.
AircraftQ400
RouteGlasgow to East Midlands
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"would recommend Flybe"

Review by (United Kingdom)

Flew with flybe from Southampton to Malaga and return. Flight out on time with Southampton airport a breeze and breath of fresh air in comparison to the major London airports. Inflight service was good, albeit a pay-for service, it was fairly reasonable. The staff at check in and in the air were friendly and helpful. The return from Malaga was delayed 30 minutes due to the inbound aircraft arriving late. We received vouchers for complimentary refreshments. A great service and would recommend Flybe.
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteSouthampton to Malaga

Review by (United Kingdom)

Worst airline. Bad customer service, they don't tell you about a delay untill you are airside. They are frequently delayed and don't care about any circumstances you have. All they want is your money.
AircraftQ400
RouteBirmingham to Belfast

Review by (United Kingdom)

It used to be the only airline you could use for Guernsey - Southampton but not any more, what a relief. My last flight was delayed 3 hours for a 30min trip, not acceptable, not one announcement until you were airside stopping you from using blue island which had seats or going outside for fresh air. To top it all the air hostess apologized for the short delay - what an insult. In my opion it would be more convenient if you are using this route to use one of the other two carriers if you want customer service and arrive on time.
RouteGuernsey to Southampton

Review by (United Kingdom)

I reviewed Flybe earlier this month, and I hoped that 6 flights later, I would be able to report an improvement on the punctuality front. Unfortunately, out of the 6 flights only one has been on time and one acceptably delayed (less than half an hour). One was nearly 4 hours late, which for a half-hour flight is quite intolerable. I started using a third party for compensation claims as my first effort (last year) proved unsuccessful and with all the delays I don't have a lot of spare time to waste on extra paperwork. It's clear to me that Flybe have pushed their schedule beyond its limits and are now suffering the most severe damage to their reputation.
AircraftBombardier Dash 8
RouteMAN to IOM

Review by (United Kingdom)

Both my Flybe flight to Edinburgh and the return flight were several hours delayed and for this reason I missed my train in Birmingham and had a really hard time getting home. I recommend Flybe to absolutely nobody.
RouteBirmingham to Edinburgh

Flybe customer review

Review by (United States)

Fly Maybe lives up to its name. After a late arriving incoming flight, all seemed to be going well. We taxied away from the gate, and then nothing. Sat on the tarmac and were told of mechanical problem, and that engineers were required. Taxied back in and were eventually let off the plane to wait in the terminal We waited for several hours in all. Engineers apparently never appeared on site according to ground staff. So waiting was for nothing. Then, flight cancelled. At this point, we needed to get to Scotland, and we were forced to scramble and buy a more expensive and inconvenient ticket to EDI from where we would have to drive to INV (and above, as was our plan.) In addition we had some very bad weather to deal with on our drive, which wouldn't have been the case if we got there on time. Got to our destination about 14 hours later than we would have if flight had gone on time. And now that I've arrived home, FlyBe still hasn't refunded our money, and after some correspondence said they would "consider" refunding the money. Our last minute flight to Ryanair offered considerably more service and kindness, and I wouldn't have even considered using them except that we had no other choice.
RouteDUB to INV

Review by (United Kingdom)

This was the first time we had travelled with Flybe - and it will also be the last. We were having a long weekend in Lake Garda - due to their 3 hour delay going out we missed our first day and another 2 hour delay returning home with no apologies or reason why - we had to wait on the shuttle bus to board, in warm and humid weather again no reason was given - all in all not a good experience I wish I had read more reviews regarding them before I made the booking.
RouteBirmingham to Milan

Review by (United Kingdom)

First flight with Flybe, still waiting to board, the number of announcements for other Flybe flights announcing delays and giving apologies, have spoken to other travellers and they confirm that delays with Flybe are very common if not the norm. Currently 2 hours delayed, all the ground staff have disappeared which is not a good sign, aircraft visible from lounge with all its engine access hatches open. Not inspiring. Have given 3 stars for the trip itself as I have yet to board.
RouteManchester to Belfast

Review by (Canada)

This was my first flight with my 2 and 3 year olds without the help of my wife and it went as well as I could have hoped. Though we were assigned separate seats in a 2-2 config, which meant my 3 year old was supposed to sit across the aisle, the excellent FA allowed me to have my daughter on my lap for take off and landing while the 3 year old sat next to us. Flight was on time both ends and the stroller was delivered to the bottom of the stairs minutes after disembarkation for a quick bus ride to terminal in Milan.
RouteMAN to MXP