Best Cabin Crew

Flybe

"would fly with them again"

London City to Edinburgh with Flybe, and there were only about 12 passengers on the flight. The cabin crew did a great job and I was impressed with onboard service. The pilot was very good in giving announcements that they were not too long and were clear. Unfortunately my flight was meant to take off at 09:05, but we were not told the gate until 09:10. Nevertheless, it was a pleasant flight and staff apologised enough for the delay. Would fly this route with them again.
AircraftDash-8 Q400
RouteLCY to EDI
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"an uncomfortable, tatty seat"

I've flown with many airlines and Flybe has got to be the worst airline I've ever flown with. The stand-alone fare is the type you would pay on British Airways, and the fare doesn't include baggage or anything else. My flight was about 10 minutes from Jersey to Guernsey, but I was charged £40 per person per way. This from a so-called budget airline, shocking. Anyway, Flybe check in staff were extremely rude and slow and unhelpful, and so are the gate staff. As usual, my flight was delayed. Why can't Flybe get a flight out on time? I was delayed half an hour, and there was no communication or apology, not even an "we apologise for the slight delay." Eventually, I had the joy of sitting in an uncomfortable, tatty seat, and staring at an advert for Avis/Budget rent a car. Then, after being sat on the ground for 10-15 minutes, we were in the air. As it was a short flight, nothing really happened, until we landed at Guernsey airport. Would I fly Flybe again? Absolutely not.
AircraftBombardier Dash 8 Q-400
RouteJER to GCI
Date FlownDecember 2015

"no reason to change airline"

I have flown Flybe on the Birmingham to Paris return route twice, flight lefts on time and arrived ahead of schedule. I returned from Paris last night, the flight was almost full but the cabin crew were able to serve everybody who required drinks or food efficiently. They spoke with passengers and made eye contact. I shall be flying this same route twice more this year and have no reason to change airline.
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteCDG to BHX
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"to be congratulated"

After receiving knee surgery I could not have wished for better service from ground crew at Southampton and Jersey. On checking in at Southampton (BE241 18 January) I asked if it was possible to receive some assistance. I was asked if I would prefer a wheelchair which I accepted. At check in time I was escorted through security by a female member of staff who suggested that she check in my hand luggage at no extra cost and on clearing security was taken to the Flybe stand. The staff airside suggested I have a lift into the aircraft which I accepted and on entering the aircraft the cabin staff advised me that similar arrangements had been made for me to be taken off the plane at Jersey. In my weakened physical condition and not being used to crutches I could not have asked for better service and Flybe are to be congratulated.
RouteSOU to JER
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"delayed as per usual"

£226 for a 50 minute flight. Flight delayed as per usual with Flybe, technical difficulties, not enough crews I understand from a friend in air traffic control. Flybe must have a policy of keeping their customers in the dark or maybe they just don't know where their aircraft are, how can you estimate a time for a delayed flight and get it so wrong? Unfortunately they have a monopoly as far as the Scottish Islands are concerned otherwise I certainly wouldn't use them.
RouteEdinburgh to Kirkwall
Date FlownDecember 2015

"prefer service I can rely on"

Flybe must have more technical problems than all the other airlines put together, or possibly this is just me guessing - but possibly if the flight is half empty they just use that as an excuse. Figure for yourself. Yes they are cheap, but I would much prefer to pay more and have a service I can rely on, which is not what Flybe currently provide.
RouteGlasgow to Belfast

"Very poor service"

I had two bookings on same flight, same time, same destination and my bank account was charged twice by flybe. I Only discovered on the day of the flight. I Went to the check in desk at the airport and they confirmed that I had two different bookings on same flight, same time, same destination, same passenger details and same Flybe account holder including returns ticket. They issued me with boarding pass on one of the bookings and advice I should contact flybe to get my full refund for the unused flight ticket as they cannot help me at the airport. They agreed the system should not have allowed double booking on same passenger with same details and same flybe account. I tried calling flybe customers services but was re-directed from one department to another till I was given an automated answering machine number. I immediately email flybe prior to the flight boarding and received incident reference number and a promise to respond asap. Till date I have not received a refund nor got any response from flybe regarding my request. I have continued to contact flybe everyday and each department put me on hold for about 3-5 minutes and then redirect my call to another department. It was so disgraceful and pathetic the way they treat their customers when it come to resolving problems and refund. I have been flying with flybe for more than two years and this was the first time I have requested for a refund. The customer services was in no way helpful and phone calls was passed from one department to the another. All I have requested was a refund of unused flight ticket which was never possible for me use (two bookings on same flight, same time and same destination, same passenger, same flybe account and bank account charged twice). Telephoned customer service many times, told to contact refund centre. Can never get through on phone so emailed refund. Told they would reply in 28 days. Do they really get that many complaints/refunds it takes 28 days to reply. Still waiting to hear from them. Very poor service.
RouteBirmingham to Belfast
Date FlownDecember 2015

"never had a bad experience"

Have used Flybe on numerous occasions on the EDI-SOU-EDI route. Have never had a bad experience. Only had one delay in the last 12 months of using the service. Cabin space is a bit tight made worse by people carrying on cabin luggage which is way too big to fit in the already small overhead lockers. That said fares are usually very good and it is far cheaper than using the train. For example, two persons travelling Edinburgh to Petersfield by train would cost in excess of £200 on fixed return dates and £400 for flexible return. We are told to use the train but at these prices no chance. Flights? £141. Say no more.
AircraftDash 8
RouteEDI-SOU

"Never use Flybe again"

Absolutely terrible. Left home 5:30 arrived in plenty of time. Checked in as normal, went through security. Waited and waited. No information provided. Security allowed me out to find out, technical delay will arrive soon. Phoned flybe, phoned loganair. Each time given different story as were other customers. Eventually gate number given. Then found out flight not left Dundee. 5 hours later still waiting! Had given time for free to travel to assist with medical research. Missed meeting. Phoned again informed I would be refunded within a few days. Also sent information re other expenses and sent letter of complaint to CEO. I have since been informed by others that if not enough passengers they cancel the flight. If told I could have taken overnight train or flown to Edinburgh and taken train No reply to letter of complaint. No refunds after 13 days. Never use Flybe again!
RouteStanstead to Dundee

"very poor service"

Attending a family funeral. Arrived at airport 7.00 a.m. Flybe flight due to leave 8.45. Message on board saying delayed. Told to wait until 8.30 to get confirmation of delay. Delay was confirmed. Would have missed funeral so no point travelling. No staff on desk, phoned through to Menzies who advised to contact Flybe for refund. Contacted Flybe via email that day - November 10th. Never heard from them since despite chasing this up. Telephoned customer service, told to contact refund centre. Can never get through on phone so emailed. Told they would reply in 28 days. Do they really get that many complaints it takes 28 days to reply. Still waiting to hear from them. Very poor service.
RouteManchester to Bournemouth