Flybe

"staff were rude, unhelpful"

Trip Verified | My flight from Birmingham to Berlin was disrupted by snow. I understand the snow disrupts flights. I am not angry that snow affected their service. I am however utterly furious that they boarded all adult able bodied passengers while leaving 2 infants and a disabled man waiting outside in the snow. Once on the flight there was no room for our bags so my children didn't have any of their snacks or toys for the journey, making it even more uncomfortable for them. The staff could have asked other passengers to move their bags occupying the lockers above our seats, instead they took our bags away and didn't ask us even once if there was anything we needed from them, they didn't even speak to us all flight. The staff were rude, unhelpful and uncaring. The disabled man on our flight was partially sighted. He asked the staff to give him an extra safety demonstration because he couldn't see it. The staff looked at each other and rolled their eyes. I am disgusted at the treatment of my children by this airline and by the attitude of the staff towards passengers. I have made a formal complaint but have so far been ignored by the complaints team - they do not give a damn about their customers.
RouteBirmingham to Berlin

"More like Flymenot"

Not Verified | Flew Heathrow to Belfast. Kiosks did not work well, making for long lines. On the ones that did members, on the ground staff were grumpy. No flight service was available at all, making it hard to give anything higher than a 1/10. Flybe? More like Flymenot! I can't recommend this airline to anyone, other than someone looking for a cheap fare at the expense of literally everything else.
AircraftBombardier Dash 8 Q400
RouteHeathrow to Belfast
Date FlownNovember 2017

"would not recommend Flybe"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Edinburgh. Unfortunately, I tend to have a very poor experience flying with Flybe nearly every time I do fly with them. My most recent flight was cancelled from Birmingham due to bad weather. I rebooked for the next day. My flight was then delayed for over an hour. I eventually arrived in Edinburgh over 26 hours later that I should have. I had paid for parking at Edinburgh airport and thus, had to pay for extra parking due to the cancelled flight. Flybe have refused to reimburse me for the extra payment I had to make, claiming that it is had nothing to do with them. I feel that this is ridiculous, seeing as it cost me nearly £200 alone for the flight - without any hold luggage. The customer service is consistently shocking and I have always struggled to get my issues resolved. They're lack of customer care and responsibility is very frustrating and poor. They are also a very expensive airline - I could fly to Spain for far less than it costs for me to fly 45 minutes between Edinburgh and Birmingham. I personally would not recommend Flybe to anyone - I am yet to have a pleasant experience with them.
RouteBirmingham to Edinburgh
Date FlownDecember 2017

"poor customer service experiences "

Trip Verified | I’m going to stick to today’s experience but the reason I feel the need to review is a build up of delayed flights and poor customer service experiences with Flybe. So onto today’s experience (and I’m not even on the plane yet). I am taking a return flight back up the road from London to Edinburgh. I flew down over a week ago and then flew over to USA. I returned this morning from Philadelphia and am taking return flight as mentioned. My work booked my flights and I realised they had left me with just one hour to get from terminal 3, through security and baggage reclaim. Highly unlikely this would be manageable I asked my work if they could see if anything could be done. A number of phone calls later, and with a lot of hassle they managed to book me on the next flight at a cost. That part I accept. Just like the thing, my flight from Philadelphia got in an hour early so I rushed through security, baggage claim and got to terminal 2 as quickly as possible to see if the could get me back on my original flight. Service with a smile was definitely not what I experienced. Not only had they got more money from us for the original change (which I accept) but they wanted another booking fee and price difference between the two tickets. They had empty seats and there was only just over an hour till the flight so they weren’t getting those seats filled. The thought of helping me out and taking into consideration the fact we had already paid a changeover fee just didn’t even seem to enter the lady’s head that I spoke to. A tired and weary traveller I had to spend the next 3 hours in the airport just because Flybe are only interested in an extra one-off pounds instead of looking at customer happiness and satisfaction and aiming for repeat business. I’ve just emailed my work to ask them never to book me on Flybe again. Not just from this experience but an accumulation where I’ve just had enough.
AircraftQ400 Dash8
RouteLondon Heathrow to Edinburgh
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Air crew were appalling"

Trip Verified | Flew Amsterdam to Southampton. Flight was scheduled for 10.05, it left at noon. Air crew were appalling. I paid extra to sit up front as did 4 other people. Air stewardess stated that people were not sitting in the right seats and demanded to see our boarding passes which she inspected each one as if we were possible criminals on the run. We all had the correct boarding passes. Meanwhile for that old favourite "weight and balance" she move up 6 passengers (including a screaming baby) right next to us. There were few announcements during the 2 hour weight except nonsense about deicing, terminal wait etc. The KLM flight to Southampton this very same morning arrived 7 minutes early. Never again will fly Flybe.
RouteAmsterdam to Southampton
Date FlownDecember 2017

"terrible disregard for customers"

Trip Verified | Flight developed a technical issue and had to return to Bonn, no fault there. However lack of information and staff to talk to us while we were stuck at a gate for hours was not acceptable. Eventually managed to find a flight from an airport over an hour away which I had to pay for and got home that night. I immediately lodged my case with Flybe, two weeks later they told me it was not their problem and that I had to speak to Stobart Air, when you log the complaint at Stobart Air it refers you back to Flybe. Feels like at best terrible disregard for customers, at worse a dishonest attempt to avoid paying compensation and additional costs.
RouteCologne Bonn to London Southend
Date FlownNovember 2017

"start walking a few days in advance"

Trip Verified | If you have somewhere to be, on time and your only choice is Flybe you should really start walking a few days in advance. Their track record of delaying early morning flights is woeful. This the fourth time I’ve been advised of delays (upon arrival) of well over 2 hours, one occasion I was to attend a regulated site inspection and on another I had spent over £1000 to attend a training course. Pay a bit more and be at your destination on time.
RouteBelfast to Glasgow
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"post flight service was woeful"

Trip Verified | Fairly entertaining evening. Heavy winds meant flight delayed out of Jersey which is not uncharacteristic in adverse weather. Attempted landing twice only for heavy winds at LCY to force aircraft back to the Channel Islands. Given the difficulties on the descent this was understandable but post flight service was woeful. First come first served on following morning LCY flight. All seats booked by the time they came to process me. Rebooked on flight to Southampton but no transport or accommodation offered because 'adverse weather' meant the airline was not liable. From a legal perspective unarguable but from a customer service perspective abysmal. No attempt to relocate to another UK airport and a lot of angry passengers. Had not used Flybe since I lived in Southampton - see why now. Cheap but there is a reason for that. Will be using ferries to get to Jersey in future, and will certainly not be flying Flybe ever again without there being literally no other option.
AircraftAR72
RouteJersey to London City
Date FlownNovember 2017

"flybe was on time for once!"

Verified Review | Exeter to Manchester. An early morning flight (0640), and with no checked bags I was through security in less than 3 minutes. Boarding and departure on time the Q400 Dash 8 aircraft was comfortable enough , although they are noisy. Staff took buy onboard cart through the cabin once. Arrival into Manchester was on time. Uneventful and easy flight, and flybe was on time for once which is the real shocker!
AircraftDash 8
RouteExeter to Manchester
Date FlownOctober 2017

"staff were rude, inconsistent"

Verified Review | Manchester to Amsterdam return. After flying out to Amsterdam for an overnight with a standard cabin bag I was stunned on my return to be told this case was suddenly too big, it fits in all other cabin bag frames, had it grown in size in Holland?? Not only my bag but also my colleagues bag, they charged us 108 euros to check in our bags otherwise we can’t get on. The staff were rude, inconsistent and found it amusing that they had unhappy customers, I have pictures of bags and people involved. Not only that, I approached the aircraft to see bags bigger than mine bring carried on and staff offered to put them in the hold for free, so not only rude but discriminates too? Why do I pay and others don’t? I have no issue with being told my bag is too big too heavy or not the right colour but do not accept it to be wrong when it suits when one of their staff decide it and when others have the same issue!
RouteManchester to Amsterdam