Top 100 Airlines

Flybe

"reduced size of bags allowed"

Edinburgh to Southampton. Return flight on a business trip. Like the flight up, it was on time, and service in the Flybe style, with a pass of the food/drinks trolley and that's it. They did put out a request over the PA system later in the fliight incase anyone wanted to buy food/drink to have on board or indeed take away. At least they no longer push sales of other goods on domestic flights. One point of note, Flybe has reduced the size of bags allowed into the cabin (change came in on 1 april). Fine with me, but there was a stark constrast in the way it was/is enforced. At Edinburgh on Thursday, the new rule was rigurlously enforced (for a flight which had 30 empty seats. over sized bags were tagged and put into the hold (I noticed without extra charge). I noted that the flight which cam up from Southampton included many passnegers with cabin bags which seemed to be the same size or larger than those being picked out at EDI, and that on what appeared to be a fairly full flight. I'm all for keeping baggage sizes sensible to help comfort on board, but passengers will be irriated if the policy is not eforced on each and every flight.
AircraftDH4
RouteEDI to SOU
Date FlownApril 2016

"flights were to schedule"

Verified Review | I flew to Belfast yesterday and Exeter earlier in the week, from Manchester with Flybe. It was great value for money, and convenient for me flying from Manchester. I like the check in facility at the airport, staff were friendly and flights were to schedule. I think the refreshments are pricey, (tea should be cheaper than coffee) but that's not untypical of airports and airlines. The main improvement I would ask of FlyBe is to provide an app for booking so I can use the iPad.
RouteMAN to BFS

"both flights on time"

Inverness to Birmingham return with flybe. Both flights on time, cabin crew pleasant and helpful. On a very short flight they managed a trolley service and pickup without making passengers feel rushed. Price (without hold luggage) was very reasonable and they allow a handbag as well as cabin bag.
AircraftDash
RouteINV to BHX
Date FlownApril 2016

"crew were polite and friendly"

Verified Review | Flew yesterday from Norwich with Flybe to Alicante. The flight was on time, the crew were polite and friendly, with good quality and choice of in flight refreshments. This is a new service after an eleven year break and if Norwich is your local airport I would highly recommend this service, may it continue for many years.
AircraftE195
RouteNWI to ALC
Date FlownApril 2016

"no capacity to sort things out"

Verified Review | A tale of two airlines. Journey Southampton - Manchester - Düsseldorf. very good. On time departures and arrivals, excellent flight crews and comfortable seating on the Dash 8. Then it went wrong. Late evening return flight DUS-SOU cancelled 3 hours before departure. Flybe ground agent in DUS could not have been less helpful. Initial offering was waiting for the next flight the following evening. Eventually settled for a flight to BHX following morning and coach transfer to SOU. Despite promises of DUS agent, BHX agent knew absolutely nothing about us when we arrived next day, although staff were generous and did the best they could for us. Ground transport eventually organised and 4 hour coach journey to SOU followed. It is clear that Flybe operates without any slack in its system and if something goes wrong Flybe has no capacity to sort things out. My first and last experience with Flybe.
AircraftDHC-8-Q-400
RouteSOU to DUS via MAN
Date FlownApril 2016

"extremely poor customer service"

Verified Review | Extremely poor customer service lets down this airline. I have recently been using Flybe regularly (for both business and leisure) and found the flights and service to be adequate, although not great. However I now feel I have been incredibly let down by a late change to the schedule and complete lack of willing of the FlyBe call desk (I won't call it customer service as this is not what I received) to provide any assistance in dealing with the schedule changes on my flights from Inverness to Amsterdam. I have four areas of concern: 1) My flight scheduled for the first weekend in April, was cancelled four weeks prior to departure, and only two weeks after booking a ticket. Obviously I am slightly disgruntled as to why I was allowed to book a flight that was to be removed from the schedule within such a short time frame - especially as this was enough to cause me a cost increase on the other alternative option I had to book. 2) I was travelling with my young son, who is just under 2, so the proposed alternative flight plan from Flybe (indirect via Manchester) will cause considerably more hassle than those originally booked. I had hoped that as a sign of goodwill from Flybe that my family and I could have the use of a business lounge in the changeover to make the journey more comfortable - but this small gesture was not able to be offered. 3) The handling agent did not even get onto discussing alternative flight arrangements, again travelling with a young child means that leaving early for both legs would be much more suitable to our needs. But the call handler could not wait to get end the call and made no effort to work through a mutually agreeable solution. 4) Following a complaint to Flybe on the above points, a very unsatisfactory response was sent, that made no attempt to address my concerns.
RouteINV to AMS
Date FlownApril 2016

"once more delayed by hours"

Loganair on behalf of flybe. Once more I am sitting at Inverness airport delayed by hours while they fix the aircraft (broken wiper blade this time). 3.5 hours so far to fix it. I am a regular flyer and if I could choose another airline I would, but unfortunately this is the only one to Manchester (I think some competition is needed). I don't think I have actually ever left on time (that is no exaggeration). This airlines reliability is shocking to say the least. It is now at the point where I need to leave the previous day for a business meeting to at least give me a chance of being on time.
AircraftSaab 2000
RouteINV to MAN
Date FlownApril 2016

"lives up to nickname Fly Maybe"

Verified Review | Exeter to Edinburgh flight was over 3 hours late leaving Exeter and reasons given were that the scheduled aircraft had been serviced during the day and a problem found. The aircraft was serviceable, but passenger numbers would have to be reduced, due to the fault. The airline decided that this was not acceptable, so there was a wait for a replacement aircraft. Seems strange that the servicing was on a Bank Holiday Sunday and although far less flights, a long delay to find another aircraft. However, I suppose that's FlyBe. As we eventually got there very late I will give it a 2 overall. The return flight via Manchester was also messed up, with erroneous messages about delay at Edinburgh. As it was the flight reached Exeter early, which seemed to be greeted with a somewhat cynical onboard announcement. Again lives up to its nickname Fly Maybe!
AircraftDash
RouteEXT to EDI

"doing everything possible"

We were returning from Alicante to Southampton on 20th March with Flybe. Our flight was at 13.45. The information board flashed delayed but no one was telling us why. The plane we needed landed late and the crew came up into the departure lounge and the captain and air hostess told us exactly what the problem was and they were doing everything possible to get a slot to take off and they would be back with us asap. France air traffic was on strike. We eventually took of early evening. I think the whole crew were a credit to flybe. They couldn't do enough for us and were determent to get us back to Southampton safely.
RouteSOU to ALC
Date FlownMarch 2016

"Crew friendly and attentive"

This is the second return trip I have flown with Flybe. Flew to Manchester and back from Southampton in the same day. The fares were not Ryanair cheap, but not too bad either. The flight going out was on time and landed 25 minutes early. Cabin crew were friendly and attentive to an extent as it is such a short flight. Pilots also welcoming and friendly. Manchester T3 arrivals is a breeze. Coming back was the same, on time departure and friendly cabin crew. Landed in Southampton 10 minutes early. Southampton airport is also very efficient. The Q400 is fairly comfortable, a very powerful aircraft when it comes to takeoff and braking during landing! Would definitely fly again but prices can be a bit hefty for what you get having only hand baggage, not cheap if you had hold luggage as well. Apart from that a good airline.
AircraftQ400