Airline of the Year

Flybe

"have fallen well below my expectations"

Verified Review | Charged £40 because the wheels of my cabin bag would not fit in test cradle, although the complete bag dropped in easily it was only 5mm too wide at the wheels, I had flown down from Edinburgh on the 2nd June with the same bag, in fact there was less contents in it. I saw other passengers with cabin bags much larger than mine (I have photos of them), taking them on board and one ladies bag was that large the stewardess had to shout at her a couple of times as she tried to push it in the overhead compartment, the stewardess then said she would try and find a larger compartment near the rear or the passenger could keep it at her feet, they blamed their staff in Edinburgh for not doing their job properly and allowing passengers to take oversized bags onboard, Flybe changed their cabin size recently at the request of a passenger survey! Shall not be using this airline again they were always a fine airline but recently have fallen well below my expectations, having read on Facebook there seems to be a customer service issue may be due to the massive losses last year
RouteSouthampton to Edinburgh
Date FlownJune 2017

"an absolutely poor service"

Verified Review | Another trip to London with Flybe. This time to London City airport. Flying from Aberdeen there is no choice of airline so they overcharge the tickets for an absolutely poor service. Everything is paid for, the turbo prop planes are very uncomfortable and noisy. The flight was 1.5h late which to return home after 2 full days work in London is nothing pleasant! If you have option get another airline!
AircraftDash 8
RouteLondon City to Aberdeen

"Delays and cancelations"

Verified Review | Second time in a week with Flybe flying from Aberdeen to Manchester and my flight was 1 hour late. Delays and cancelations seem to be a constant occurrence with this airline! Is very upsetting because all plans for work or personal reasons get totally ruined. If I had another airline to offer the route Aberdeen to Manchester I would never fly with them.
AircraftDash 8
RouteAberdeen to Manchester
Date FlownJune 2017

"I would fly them again"

Verified Review | London City to Cardiff. Bought our tickets online from Canada and was a very quick, simple, painless process. Upon arrival in the UK, we were checked in automatically and boarding passes texted to my mobile device. Arrival at London City Airport by tube was easy and baggage drop unbelievably easy. While there were long queues at the major airlines, we checked in automatically and flew through the bag drop in about 5 mins. Flight was on time and flight crew very friendly & helpful. I would fly them again and recommend them.
RouteLondon City to Cardiff

Flybe customer review

Verified Review | Limoges to Southampton. I live near Limoges and have some work in the UK. I have flown this route two times in as many months with my hold bag and my carry-on laptop bag which fits without problem in the overhead lockers. Last Sunday they weighed my carry-on bag in Limoges, but things had changed when I checked in at Southampton. They charged me and several other customers with hold luggage to check in our hand luggage or don’t fly as it was over-sized according to the baggage sizer. I have never seen anyone asked to check their baggage size before that flight. To make things worse the check-in attendant said I should see this like ‘a speeding fine, sometimes you get away with it and sometimes you don’t.’ The implication here that I was cheating them when they hadn’t bothered to enforce their own rules on sizing bags before. To make it even worse, on board several passengers had bags that took several attempts to get into the overhead bins. They weren’t sizing bags at the boarding gate. So I had to pay because I already had a hold bag, that I had already paid for and they still don’t bother to size carryon bags at the gate. I complained to Flybe with no resolution. They started enforcing this several months ago, and said they have been communicating it for some time and allowing passengers to place the over-sized carry on into the hold at no charge. If they have been doing this I haven’t seen any communications or see it at the check-in or the gate. I am never flying with them again, and the others on board felt the same way. And they sent me a customer satisfaction survey they would let me past the second question! If they can’t get something as simple as that right, no wonder their business is going down the toilet.
RouteLimoges to Southampton

Flybe customer review

(Italy)

Verified Review | I flew today from Southend Airport to Milan Malpensa at 17:40. From Milan to London and back I had to pay more than 275€ (I bought the ticket a month ago). They charge customers 50€ if their bag do not fit in a measuring box but when I got into the plane my bag fitted perfectly in the luggage spot, so explain the sense of this charge. At the end I paid almost 350€ for a "low cost" company and I have been uncomfortable for a two hours flight. I will never fly again with this company.
RouteSouthend to Milan
Date FlownJune 2017

"worst airline I have used "

Verified Review | East Midlands to Glasgow, and again my return flight delayed - says 1 hour 20 minutes, but like yesterday will probably be 2 hours 25mins like last night. They are consistently the worst airline I have used - think. I will use an alternative as they do not even seem to care about passengers
RouteEast Midlands to Glasgow
Date FlownJune 2017

"delays just about every month"

Verified Review | Glasgow to East Midlands. Absolutely awful - experience delays just about every month. Normally starts with 1 hour then extends to 2. As I am sitting writing this, they have just announced a delay to Birmingham as well as East Midlands. Serious thinking about driving to Leicester in future to avoid using this awful company. They don't even make much of an apology each time it happens. Even the self service baggage desks are normally out of order meaning you need to queue for bag drop as well.
RouteGlasgow to East Midlands
Date FlownMay 2017

"think twice before flying them

Verified Review | Flybe are terrible. Our Glasgow to Birmingham flight at 6.35am was cancelled, but they only told us at 5 when most people was already at the airport. Booked on another flight at 8.25am, so 2 hours late. On return flight, again 2 hours late. Not a glass of water as a sign of courtesy for this terrible treatment. Think twice, 3 times, 10 times, before flying with them.
RouteGlasgow to Birmingham

"horrendous service"

Verified Review | Flew from Cardiff to Dublin. Horrendous service. I have now flown with Flybe on several occasions and without fail every flight is delayed. Obviously I understand this can happen for reasons out of control but this has occured on 5 different occasions which is outrageous for a company to be so unorganised. Furthermore Flybe staff are rude and ignorant when dealing with these situations. I would seriously reconsider flying with this company to avoid unnecessary stress and pressure.
RouteCardiff to Dublin