Top 100 Airlines

Flybe

"everything impressed me"

Newquay to Stansted. This was my first on flybe and everything impressed me. First on a propeller twin engine since 1961, so was wonderful. Cabin airy and well lit. Seating is in rows of 2 - I was right in the front in seat 1B with loads of leg room - the upgrade on booking only £5. Flight attendents brilliant and professional, the front section FA went out of her way to comfort a nervous female passenger. Snack of diet coke and smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich great value at £5.50. Lovely at arrival - little chocolates handed out to disembarking passengers by FA.
AircraftDash 900
RouteNQY to STN
Date FlownSeptember 2016

Flybe customer review

Dundee to Amsterdam. Great flight, the leg room was good and the food was pretty good. It was also a very short flight which was good. Dundee airport is very small compare to Schipol airport and it takes some time to adjust to the different sizes. I would definitely fly with them again.
AircraftBombardier Dash 8 Q400
RouteDND to AMS
Date FlownJuly 2016

"not be using Flybe again"

Amsterdam to Birmingham. Will not be using Flybe again arrived at airport today 4th September to find flight had been cancelled, no prior warning despite them cancelling an earlier flight, unable to get a further flight till 17:20 following day, as all flights are full. Nobody from Flybe at airport to give any information. Given overnight accommodation which was of acceptable standard but needless to say I would rather be at home and also take into account the impact on my work. Not good.
RouteAMS to BHX
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"aircraft full and crew were fine"

Verified Review | I flew Amsterdam to Southampton with Flybe on a Dash 8 Q400. I have commented in the past on Flybe time keeping but to give credit this flight left on time and arrived a few minutes early. The aircraft was full and the crew were fine. I did not make any refreshment purchases.
AircraftBombardier Dash 8 Q400
RouteAMS to SOU
Date FlownJuly 2016

"staff did not turn up for work"

Birmingham to Jersey. This short Flybe flight was ok with regards to comfort etc as it is a simple hop to Jersey. What is irritable is the fact that both trips were delayed because staff did not turn up for work. To top it all the ground staff told us this happens at least 2 to 3 times a week. I think I would prefer to go via a different airline if it is a reliable service and pay a higher tariff than waste valuable time in airport lounges.
RouteBHX to JER
Date FlownAugust 2016

"aircraft full and crew fine"

Verified Review | I flew Southampton to Manchester with Flybe on a Dash 8 Q400. The flight was delayed 30 minutes due to technical problems earlier in the day - this seems to be the same on all flights I have taken with Flybe. It was not a problem as Manchester was final destination. Aircraft full and crew fine.
AircraftBombardier Q400
RouteSOU to MAN

"its quicker to walk"

Verified Review | First time travelling with Flybe this year, used to use a lot in 2015 but internal UK delays became so bad that I stopped using them. Guess what nothing has changed. Travelling Inverness to Southampton on 21st August, first leg Inverness to Manchester was delayed 2 hours 40 mins so missed connection to Southampton. Had to spend night in Manchester. Now 0700 flight Manchester to Southampton on 22nd now delayed due to technical issues. Flybe make southern railways look compitent. Avoid using Flybe for internal UK flights, its quicker to walk.
RouteINV to SOU via MAN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"shall look to use Flybe again"

Verified Review | Southampton to Lyon, and first time flying with Flybe and the experience significantly exceeded expectations. I do not usually post reviews but on this occasion, cabin crew and captain went so far above and beyond to accomodate an infant travelling with us I feel motivated to. Flights arrived early on both journeys. Being a smaller plane, loading and unloading was quick. Flying from smaller airports meant there was none of the usual delay at passport control or security. Baggage had arrived before we reached baggage belts both ways. Plane was clean and service efficient and friendly. For short haul flights based on this experience I cannot fault them and shall look to use Flybe again when possible as the experience overall is far superior to the Luton or Stansted offerings.
AircraftDash 8
RouteSOU to LYS
Date FlownAugust 2016

"I noticed a few late flights"

We flew flybe from Glasgow to Southampton in May 2016. At Glasgow the airport process was very quick and on we arrived 12 minutes early to Southampton. The planes are small and basic and vibrate a lot. If you're looking for a cheap airline to get you places quickly Flybe will do it. However, they have been slipping a bit, I noticed a few late flights leaving Southampton on our way home. Ours was two hours late in fact! But they can get you there cheaply and quickly. The crew were very helpful and friendly.
AircraftDash 8 Q400
RouteGLA to SOU
Date FlownMay 2016

"it's slipping downhill fast"

What's going on Flybe? There are quite a few reasons why I usually enjoy flying with this airline - seemingly relaxed attitude to hand luggage, nice cabin crew, usually a personable welcome and chat by the pilot, small planes between Belfast and Edinburgh so you get loaded and unloaded very quickly, reasonable prices and an easy to use website. However, the planes seem to be getting delayed a lot lately. I flew twice this week and both short flights were delayed by 40 minutes. We had another flight delayed and then cancelled recently, then they called us for the next flight, but then ended up pulling some of us aside right at the gate and saying sorry, you won't be getting on this one, so then (insult to injury) we had to go all the way out and back through security again to wait for the next flight, which was also delayed. There were no Flybe groundstaff to sort it out. Looking on here it would seem this is happening more and more often. I would have wholeheartedly recommended this airline last year, alas, it looks like it's slipping downhill fast.
RouteEDI to BFS