Vote Now

Flybe

"impressed with the service"

Verified Review | This is the first time in 2 years I have flown with Flybe and was impressed with the service on their London City - Dusseldorf route. We had an on time take off from London City and a stress free flight to Dusseldorf. We had regular updates on the route and weather from the cockpit and also from the Cabin Crew. The cabin crew managed to get an inflight service run completed and were friendly and approachable during the flight. There was very little noise from the engines in the cabin and both take off and landing were smooth. The return flight was very similar and we did arrive at City Airport 25 minutes early and were parked on a remote stand. The price of food and drinks on the airline is very reasonable and they have some cracking deals which save money.
AircraftDash8
RouteLondon City to Dusseldorf

"the plane is late"

Verified Review | I was travelling with my son his wife and their 2 month old baby. The plane from Malaga to Southampton is late, so far by 6&1/2 hours! Not one member of staff asked if we were ok! We had only enough sterile bottles for a 2 hours plus flight. We had to buy more milk here in the airport and search around for a way to sterilise the bottles then get boiled mineral water to make the feed every 2 hours. This is not easy and very stressful for all of us. I am disgusted with their attitude and having read the reviews this seems to be normal behaviour. Everybody slams Ryanair but I fly with them monthly and this has never happened to me with them. I will stick with them in the future.
RouteMalaga to Southampton
Date FlownApril 2017

"worst airline for reliability"

Verified Review | Exeter to Jersey via Guernsey. I fly with Flybe twice a week and it is without a doubt the worst airline I have ever flown with for reliability - staff are friendly enough but in the last two months my flight has not taken off on time once. Not sure anyone is that unlucky. There is no consideration to the inconvenience or cost incurred by the traveller - nor is there ever so much as an apology. Last flight was cancelled due to aircraft being needed for an alternate location who's plane had a technical fault and lack of staff availability. When asked about alternate option, "you may drive to Southampton where a flight maybe available however we cannot guarantee availability due to other cancellation". Flymaybe is a very apt name. Unfortunately there are no other airline choices locally.
RouteExeter to Jersey via Guernsey
Date FlownApril 2017

"good flight and a bargain"

Verified Review | London City to Cardiff. Turned out to be a smooth and painless experience. I heard the security queues at LCY could be long so I arrived two hours before departure. I had hand baggage only and was through to the departures lounge within 10 minutes from getting off the DLR. Boarding started 25 minutes before scheduled departure. The plane was about 1/3 full and there was plenty of space to spread out. We took off pretty much bang on time and arrived 20 minutes early. I had about 8 minutes to make the Express bus, which I boarded with time to spare. Overall I had a good flight and a bargain at £35 one way.
AircraftBombardier Q800
RouteLondon City to Cardiff
Date FlownMarch 2017

"Absolutely disgraceful service"

Unverified | Jersey to Manchester via Southampton. Absolutely disgraceful service. Due to bad weather in Jersey several aircraft were unable to land, which is not Flybe's fault and I understand that. I was on the morning flight from Jersey to Manchester which was due to depart at 8:30am, and leave Manchester at 6:00am. Once in the departure area (Time: about 6:30 to 7:00am) I decided to see where our plane was. I found out that the plane hadn't even left Manchester, and that it was delayed until 8am. Despite this delay which Flybe knew about, we were continually told our flight would be on time. About an hour later, we were told that our flight was delayed until 9:10am, then 10:10am, then cancelled, along with three other Flybe flights. We were told to go to Flybe Customer Service in the check in area, which we did, and discovered that 'Customer Service' was just a check in desk. Despite having over one hundered people queueing up, only one, sometimes two, staff members were placed on this desk. We then found out that the staff at Customer Service/Check In were not employed by Flybe; they were employed by Swissport. These staff could do very little apart from rebook us onto other Flybe service (because they weren't employed by Flybe). Despite Jersey being a focus city for Flybe, they have absolutely no staff there, and will only contract a very small number of Swissport employees. We were later put onto another flight via Southampton, which, here we go again, got cancelled, along with almost ten other flights. Despite having around 300 people waiting, only one Swissport employee was there. We tried phoning Flybe, however were just placed on hold. Because these cancellations were due to bad weather, it was affecting other airlines too. I could see easyJet had their own staff at Jersey Airport, despite it only being small destination for them, as well as British Airways. They were both rescheduling their flights for the next day, however Flybe did nothing like that. Flybe have now lost me, and numerous other people I spoke to whilst there, as passengers. Another example of a monopoly forgetting about their customers.
RouteJersey to Manchester via Southampton

"excellent cabin service"

Unverified | Flew from Lyon to Southampton - flight landed early despite fog in Southampton. Excellent cabin service and seat comfortable. Turboprop slightly noisy but sat next to engines - convenience of Southampton more than compensated. Why does Flybe get poor reviews for lateness when more punctual than others? Satisfied customers don't write reviews.
RouteLyon to Southampton
Date FlownMarch 2017

"customer service team were not interested"

Verified Review | I regularly fly the Edinburgh - Birmingham route and apart from the peak hours flights being ridiculously expensive, they are often delayed. On my latest flight with Flybe on 25 January scheduled to leave at 0700, we were advised that there was fog at Birmingham and the flight would be delayed. For the next two hours we were given updates until eventually at 0900 I decided not to travel as I would miss my meeting. The flight eventually arrived in Birmingham at 1100. 2hours 45 minutes late. When I checked online, mine was the only flight not to make it into Birmingham on schedule - the Dash 8s from Aberdeen and Glasgow made it no problem which led to some further digging and the suggestion that perhaps one or both of the Flybe flight crew were not qualified to land in the conditions experienced that morning. Just what you need when flying in the UK. As expected, their customer service team were not interested and just quoted it was the weather so it's not our responsibility - pathetic.
RouteEdinburgh to Birmingham
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"half my flights are usually late"

Verified Review | Edinburgh to Birmingham. I was flying with flyBe on the weekly basis for about 6 months now. I would say that almost half of my flights are usually late. Very disappointing. Faster than car or rail is debatable. Constant technical issues, needs for inspection, delays due to another flight not landing on time etc. The customer service and inflight service is great though. Food is okay, usual stuff. And I never ever had problems with my luggage I have to say. I think I'll be switching to trains to be honest, at least on the train I will be able to get some work done rather than staring at the screen displaying "gate opens in 5 minutes" for an hour.
RouteEdinburgh to Birmingham
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"thank you to the staff"

Unverified | My husband, daughter and I were booked on the Flybe Exeter to Jersey flight on Monday 20th February. Owing to adverse weather conditions in the channel several flights were cancelled that day including ours. I want to say thank you to the staff at Exeter Airport who were amazing, we were all rebooked on the next available flight - issued a snack bag and given overnight accommodation in a local hotel Jury's Inn in Exeter. Also an evening meal, breakfast and coach back to the airport on Tuesday. I feel that for a small airline like Flybe they could not have done more. We flew out the next day and had a brilliant flight although the weather conditions were still a little shaky due to fog but the pilot was brilliant and landed on time.
RouteExeter to Jersey

"short flight was fine"

Verified Review | I flew Paris Orly to Southampton with Flybe on a Bombardier Dash 8 Q400. This was an Air France booked flight but operated by the British regional carrier flyBe. Online check in could only be done on Air France AF website. All refreshments had to be paid unlike Air France. The short flight was fine, left and arrived on time, I had a pair of seats to myself.
AircraftBombardier Dash 8 Q400