Flybe

"post flight service was woeful"

Trip Verified | Fairly entertaining evening. Heavy winds meant flight delayed out of Jersey which is not uncharacteristic in adverse weather. Attempted landing twice only for heavy winds at LCY to force aircraft back to the Channel Islands. Given the difficulties on the descent this was understandable but post flight service was woeful. First come first served on following morning LCY flight. All seats booked by the time they came to process me. Rebooked on flight to Southampton but no transport or accommodation offered because 'adverse weather' meant the airline was not liable. From a legal perspective unarguable but from a customer service perspective abysmal. No attempt to relocate to another UK airport and a lot of angry passengers. Had not used Flybe since I lived in Southampton - see why now. Cheap but there is a reason for that. Will be using ferries to get to Jersey in future, and will certainly not be flying Flybe ever again without there being literally no other option.
AircraftAR72
RouteJersey to London City
Date FlownNovember 2017

"flybe was on time for once!"

Verified Review | Exeter to Manchester. An early morning flight (0640), and with no checked bags I was through security in less than 3 minutes. Boarding and departure on time the Q400 Dash 8 aircraft was comfortable enough , although they are noisy. Staff took buy onboard cart through the cabin once. Arrival into Manchester was on time. Uneventful and easy flight, and flybe was on time for once which is the real shocker!
AircraftDash 8
RouteExeter to Manchester
Date FlownOctober 2017

"staff were rude, inconsistent"

Verified Review | Manchester to Amsterdam return. After flying out to Amsterdam for an overnight with a standard cabin bag I was stunned on my return to be told this case was suddenly too big, it fits in all other cabin bag frames, had it grown in size in Holland?? Not only my bag but also my colleagues bag, they charged us 108 euros to check in our bags otherwise we can’t get on. The staff were rude, inconsistent and found it amusing that they had unhappy customers, I have pictures of bags and people involved. Not only that, I approached the aircraft to see bags bigger than mine bring carried on and staff offered to put them in the hold for free, so not only rude but discriminates too? Why do I pay and others don’t? I have no issue with being told my bag is too big too heavy or not the right colour but do not accept it to be wrong when it suits when one of their staff decide it and when others have the same issue!
RouteManchester to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2017

"sick and tired of Flybe"

Verified Review | Stuttgart to Birmingham. I fly this route regularly (25 years now) to visit my parents in Germany. Stansted is out of the question for me so I have no choice. Planned departure was 10.35am. We finally departed at 17:50pm. Technical Defect (door issue after much questioning) was the reason given. Unable to fix at Stuttgart, so an engineer had to fly from UK - I was told he flew with a specially chartered aircraft! Delay updates were irregular and the staff, when questioned, were unhelpful and unaware of the technical issues. I don't think the ground handling people were Flybe staff - a sub-contracted service I believe. The service has been getting worse and worse and the recent moves re Air Berlin code-sharing appears to have made things worse, not better. The reliability of the Dash400 (?) aircraft appears to be a real issue with them - either that or they are not capable of properly servicing the aircraft themselves; perhaps they also outsource this? It's difficult to believe that they couldn't find a service provider at Stuttgart to fix the door problem - flying out a UK engineer to fix it will have increased their losses even more. I am sick and tired of Flybe and I really couldn't care less if the ticket price increased to what it was under BA - at least the reliability, ground- and flight service were excellent.
RouteStuttgart to Birmingham
Date FlownOctober 2017

"no one at Flybe could care less"

Verified Review | London City to Jersey. I fly this route three or four times a year and since Flybe have taken over Blue Island they are late most of the time. Turned up this evening, 8 October and again delayed by 1 hour 15 minutes. It really seems that no one at Flybe could care less! When is someone at Flybe going to take some responsibility and clean up thier act.
RouteLondon City to Jersey
Date FlownOctober 2017

"just avoid this terrible airline"

Verified Review | Aberdeen to London City. Flybe has an appalling customer service and try at all costs to squeeze more from customer. In most cases you can't change your flight online within 36h of your flight (i.e. if the check-in has been made) and they phone service operate reduced hours. Result, if you have an emergency in the evening and need to change your early morning flight, forget about it, you will be given a no-show and completely lose your ticket. They won't even let you pay a fee, the booking is wasted. My son had to be taken to A&E overnight and I tried to change my flight at 1am. Flybe won't let you do it: neither online or over the phone are available. I emailed Flybe be during the night I called customer services the next day. I then emailed Flybe the doctor's prescription as requested and still received a "Sorry, there's nothing we can do, your ticket is voided". Recommendation: do like many others and just avoid this terrible airline. If not for the tiny planes, bad in-flight service or the minimal overhead storage, do it for the appalling customer services.
RouteAberdeen to London City
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"not use this airline again"

Verified Review | Milan to Manchester. A policy I was not aware of. I booked a return ticket from Manchester to Milan. I missed my outgoing flight due to a work commitment and they automatically deleted my return flight from their system (leaving my husband to travel back alone) without informing me. They had decided I would not be flying back even though I had booked and paid for the seat! Fortunately I managed to get on the flight back eventually but would not have done if the seats had all been sold. I am now sitting on the runway still waiting to take off and it is already an hour late leaving. I would not use this airline again.
RouteMilan to Manchester
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"such consistent delays"

Verified Review | Southampton to Amsterdam. I turned up to my flight early enough to see the other same earlier flight service was still waiting to board, but was told it was too late to swap even though there was also a delay of around half an hour on it. This seemed purely beaurocratic since i had already passed all the checks/check points and was right at the gate. My friends who happened to be on this flight then wound up stuck on the runway for another 40 minutes waiting for some moderate rain to pass. On the other hand my flight, the next one, didn't even turn up as supposedly it was diverted to another airport entirely. I was stuck in the airport for over an hour whilst they scrambled a replacement aircraft and when they finally had a plane to put us in they couldn't get it a take off slot and we were predicted to be stuck in the stuffy cabin for another hour. Though our consolation was that we did eventually got bumped up the queue. Then further issues with this same airline occurred with the flight back, 3 days later. With no explanation we were delayed over 90 minutes. I fly around 6 times a year and have never experienced such consistent delays with such a service before. I went with Flybe because of the convenience of operating at a closer airport than the usual and that it was cheaper. But the convenience and cost value were short lived to say the least. The pilot of my first flight was apologetic about the circumstances, but that doesn't absolve such a poor service for multiple flights.
RouteSouthampton to Amsterdam

"amateur and unprofessional"

Verified Review | Malaga to Exeter. Late night flight delayed by over 2 hours in the usual flybe style, landing into Exeter at about 01.25. This was not a weather delay, not ATC delay, not a technical delay, but caused by Flybe's operational inability to maintain the overscheduled use of their planes. They are a shoddy outfit, run in an amateur and unprofessional manner and if you want a reliable airline please avoid them. No apology was made by crew for the delay, I assume it happens so much that they don't even notice any more. They seem to think that we the customers should be grateful that they flew late at night, rather than clocking off and going home. The plane, an Embraer 195, was filthy when we boarded and moving towards being a health risk.
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteMalaga to Exeter

"They lie to customers"

Verified Review | Norwich to Malaga, 14th August. Flight kept on getting delayed and delayed, called flybe early on and was lied to blatantly. I knew the aircraft was delayed into Exeter from where it was coming to Norwich before going to Malaga. The flybe staff told me that was not true, and delay was caused by ATC. Onboard the flight we were lied to by the Capt that delay was due to weather earlier in the day. I see flybe had a new CEO (ex Cityjet and remember how delayed and unreliable they are!) since earlier this year, and it seems her skills at helping an airline become more and more unreliable are working well - maybe she can finally destroy this airline! The only benefit was that they fly from regional airports, but flybe are possibly the most unreliable and untrustworthy airline around. KLM will be my future choice. For your sanity, you should avoid flybe. They lie to customers without apparently the slightest qualm.
RouteNorwich to Malaga