Flybe

Review by (United Kingdom) 3rd August 2015

I m a frequent traveller between IOM and Manchester. Should change its name to FlyDe(lay). It is a treat for me if I complete my journey in time. The flying time is 25 mins and that is what frustrates passengers like me. I pay exorbitant fares for this journey but have no choice. I'm seriously considering moving to Easyjet, arriving at Liverpool and taking a taxi to home for £50 one way, will still be cost effective considering these delays. IOM seem to be the back yard for Flybe, the airlines isn't bothered and not most of the pessengers travelling on it, not sure why.
RouteIOM to Manchester

Review by (United Kingdom) 30th July 2015

Checked in online, it was simple at the airport - straight to security 30 mins before departure. Long time since I have been on a Turbo Prop, it was noisy but only a 45 min flight. Seat comfortable enough, did not try food or drink, on disembarking passengers were offered boiled sweets which was a nice touch. Overall I was impressed and all for a fraction of the cost of a train fare.
RouteLBA to SOU

Review by (Netherlands) 30th July 2015

Flybe cancelled our flight from Manchester back to Amsterdam, due to a storm warning on the Amsterdam side. A very sensible idea, but KLM had already cancelled their flights the night before. Ours was cancelled at the gate - meaning we had already gone through the rigmarole of passport control, and baggage check. Then we had to de-process, then wait 3hours + until transfers and a re-booking to Birmingham were confirmed. This could have been so much easier Flybe! Cancelling the previous day would have saved us, the airport staff, and the airline so much time, energy, money - and frustration!
RouteBirmingham to Amsterdam

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th July 2015

Was visiting Newcastle University so the easiest way was for me to fly there and back in one day. Booked 3 months in advance and the flights were very costly, £120 return for me and my mother. Considering Flybe are predominantly a regional airline this shocked me. We were on the basic hand baggage fare. Flight left Southampton 20 minutes late but made up time on arrival. Never flown Flybe or a Dash 8 aircraft before, and boy are they noisy little things for a propeller aircraft. Crew were ok, better on the return evening flight. Aircraft old and dirty. Very uncomfortable seats. However, the pilots on both flights provided regular updates. Flybe may be cheaper than BA on this route but overall they are far too expensive for the type of airline they are. It is for their prices and cabin crew service I wouldn't fly them again.
AircraftDash 8 Q400
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteSouthampton to Newcastle

Review by (United Kingdom) 27th July 2015

First time in years on turbo prop and first time flying Flybe. No real problems, seat ok, sat in 7c and the legroom was not bad at all for a small aircraft. Only problem is the toilet, I am 6 feet, so not the biggest, and it was far too small for comfort and almost impossible to turn around in to wash your hands. Crew fine, no entertainment, food prices fair, both flights on time.
RouteNCL-SOU

Review by (Ireland) 26th July 2015

Yet another disaster with Flybe yesterday. Was supposed to fly at 11.40 and eventually flew out out at 16.30. Nearly 5 hours delayed and my weekend ruined. Thanks again Flybe seems to be a habit with you guys.
RouteLiverpool to Belfast

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th July 2015

Flight BE4517, 17th July 2015 from Cardiff to Dublin. Another experience of a delayed Flybe flight. Delay of over 2 hours and 30 minutes!
AircraftEmbraer
RouteCardiff to Dublin

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd July 2015

The first time I have flown with Flybe. The staff were helpful and polite, seats on the plane were comfortable and enough leg room. The pilots were informative and chatty and the steward and stewardess on both flights were lovely. My only criticism is the buy onboard coffee was bland.
RouteManchester to Inverness

Review by (United States) 21st July 2015

We had booked a 10.05 am flight from Orly to Southampton on July 21, 2015. We knew we had to be there early so we arrived just before 8.30. There was already a long line at check-in. The line moved very slowly and by 9.15 I was worried we would miss our flight, so I asked a Flybe employee about that. She assured me that we had lots of time and we would make the flight. When we finally spoke with someone at check-in at about 9.40 we were told that the flight was closed and they could not take on any more passengers. None of the Flybe employees and managers we spoke with apologized or offered any solution other than waiting for the next flight at 6.50 pm. We never heard any announcements, but a manager told us she had personally made the announcement in French. There was no announcement in English to this English destination. We took a taxi to the Eurostar and then another cab to Waterloo station and a train to Southampton. We were at the hotel by 5 pm.
RouteParis to Southampton

Review by (United Kingdom) 13th July 2015

Flight from Belfast to Manchester was delayed by 90 minutes without any information or updates. As a consequence I missed my connection. Had a rant at customer care on Twitter but otherwise no Flybe staff at Manchester to assist whatsoever. It turned out that the aircraft we flew on was a replacement as the original had a technical fault. Safety is important but so is reliability and understanding that people have lives to lead and that information to assist in customer plans is key. The attached photo shows that they couldn't even inform the airport about timings! I have to use Flybe weekly to get to my job. Air Stewards are genuinely friendly but this the only highlight.
AircraftDash 8