Flybe

"satisfied with their performance"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Berlin. I regularly fly FlyBe and I am satisfied with their performance. Never had a major delay in two years. Staff is friendly. The only thing you would need to consider is the limited amount of space for luggage on board as they generally fly smaller planes. So you may not take larger bags on board and need to check them in.
RouteBirmingham to Berlin
Date FlownMay 2018

"this comedy of errors"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Newquay. Bit frustrating. Outbound flight was delayed by 45 minutes because they couldn’t work out how to close the doors without the help of an engineer. Return flight delayed by 20 minutes because of “paperwork”. On landing we were stuck in the plane for a further 30 minutes because ground staff brought the “wrong stairs”. I booked this flight because I wanted a quick hassle free trip to Cornwall but this comedy of errors has me wondering if it was worth it. Also it’s annoying I couldn’t use me BA avios points to pay for this.
RouteGatwick to Newquay

"I was impressed"

Trip Verified | Flybe were helpful and friendly and cabin staff very smart. I was impressed. The flight to Cardiff is extremely short. In 50 mins you are in Wales. Cardiff is a very vibrant friendly city. My first time but we will return at such good cheap flights and very quick to get there. I will go with Flybe again. Just wish the whole mean airline industry would give us a cup of tea!
RouteEdinburgh to Cardiff
Date FlownApril 2018

"refuse to fly this carrier again"

Trip Verified | Was due to fly with Flybe in mid-April from London to Belfast on an 0800 departure. Arriving around 7am at LCY to find my flight due to depart as usual, once I’d checked my bag in and got through security it was then announced the flight had been cancelled. Rang Flybe Customer Services who rebooked me onto the next flight at 1700 – but otherwise unhelpful and not customer focused. Waited around 2 hours to be able to go back airside and collect my checked in bag, in what was complete and utter chaos, with no staff in sight. No support on providing food or drink during the 8 hour delay. The 1700 departure was late too, but arrived into Belfast that night after wasting an entire day off work and missing a day of my trip. Followed up with Flybe Customer Service on my return – but their attitude is one of couldn’t care less, completely appalling. I’ve flown on over twenty airlines and have never know an operation like this – utterly shambolic – refuse to fly with this carrier again and would recommend others do so too.
RouteLondon City to Belfast
Date FlownApril 2018

"has been handled really poorly"

Trip Verified | Flybe flight from Birmingham to Berlin was cancelled by the airline due to bad weather. It is understandable that the fight was cancelled, but it has been handled really poorly by the airline (even after 1 month). My 5pm flight was delayed three times, which meant that I didn't find out that the flight was cancelled and what was going on until after 10pm. I was then stuck at the airport and staff said they could provide no support, transport or accommodation. I have tried to apply for a refund for the flight, but have now been waiting for 3 weeks without any refund. The reason for this poor review is not due to the cancellation of the flight, or the behavior of the ground staff (they were severely under staffed and doing their best to manage), it is due to the poor organization of the airline more generally and their general disregard for customers. Will not fly with them again.
RouteBirmingham to Berlin
Date FlownMarch 2018

"a dreadful experience for me"

Trip Verified | Flybe has been a dreadful experience for me. On this flight London to Düsseldorf, my flight was delayed both on the way out and on the way in. The app to access my booking is slow and crashed regularly (I have an Iphone 7 so the platform is not to blame). To date, I've flown Flybe 6 times. Of these six times, only one flight left and arrived on time. Delays are regular. Beyond the app and delays, the customer service (post-booking) is poor. Avoid if you can.
AircraftBombardier Dash 8 Q400
RouteLondon to Dusseldorf
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Great service not had any delays"

Trip Verified | I've flown numerous times from Doncaster to Amsterdam, Jersey and Majorca with Flybe. Great airline and uses embraer aircraft from Doncaster (no propeller). Like the two seats on each side so you can either have the window or aisle seat! Great service not had any delays and the staff and helpful.
AircraftEmbraer 175
RouteDoncaster to Jersey
Date FlownMay 2017

"absolutely disgraceful on Flybe's account"

Trip Verified | Due to poor weather conditions we were unable to take flight with Flybe on Thursday 1st March at 8.20pm. Despite this, many passengers as well as myself were left waiting until 11.35 at night being told that our flight was delayed, all the more, we were not informed that our flight had been cancelled as it was simply taken off the board where passengers then gained information through asking various members of staff. We later found that the original plane sent to Manchester had been sent to Liverpool, and our intended plane had not left the Isle of Man. After being sent to the check in desk, many of us waited in line to be given the next set of directions, Flybe does express in their leaflet that cancellations at this time can result in accommodation being provided, however according to staff there was none available for us. With the weather conditions being as they are, most hotels were booked outside of the airport. Around Midnight, the staff at the check in informed us left waiting in line that they were closing and that we would have to be responsible in arranging accommodation or shelter. Given the circumstances, this was absolutely disgraceful on Flybe's account, and most passengers such as myself ended up sleeping in the airport on the floors and slumped on chairs. Given Flybe's expression of prioritising customer service, this was a complete let down. Whilst there are always limitations that occur with bad weather, Flybe staff should not leave their customers unaccommodated for during these times. I have been told that other passengers were encouraged to buy additional tickets for other flights, that were also cancelled. This has wasted the money of many passengers, and I hope that Flybe takes this into serious consideration when looking at this form of provision.
RouteManchester to Isle of Man
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Barely any updates on what's going on"

Trip Verified | Due to fly Manchester to Amsterdam. I'll never fly with them again. On my way to Manchester the plane was so tiny that you could barely stand up. The seats were filled with cracks and everything was dirty. I was supposed to land in Amsterdam right this minute, but we're still on the ground in Manchester. Barely any updates on whats going on. They told us that it would only take 5-10 minutes an hour ago. Worst experience ever. I do not recommend flying with Flybe, even though it's cheap. It's not worth the money.
RouteManchester to Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Belfast to Aberdeen"

Trip Verified | I flew from Belfast City Airport to Aberdeen on Flybe and I found the experience to be quite good from Check in at Belfast through to baggage collection in Aberdeen. The boarding process was orderly and seats were comfortable. Overall good service for the price paid.
RouteBelfast to Aberdeen