Top 100 Airports

Flybe

"aircraft full and crew fine"

I flew Southampton to Manchester with Flybe on a Dash 8 Q400. The flight was delayed 30 minutes due to technical problems earlier in the day - this seems to be the same on all flights I have taken with Flybe. It was not a problem as Manchester was final destination. Aircraft full and crew fine.
AircraftBombardier Q400
RouteSOU to MAN

"its quicker to walk"

Verified Review | First time travelling with Flybe this year, used to use a lot in 2015 but internal UK delays became so bad that I stopped using them. Guess what nothing has changed. Travelling Inverness to Southampton on 21st August, first leg Inverness to Manchester was delayed 2 hours 40 mins so missed connection to Southampton. Had to spend night in Manchester. Now 0700 flight Manchester to Southampton on 22nd now delayed due to technical issues. Flybe make southern railways look compitent. Avoid using Flybe for internal UK flights, its quicker to walk.
RouteINV to SOU via MAN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"shall look to use Flybe again"

Verified Review | Southampton to Lyon, and first time flying with Flybe and the experience significantly exceeded expectations. I do not usually post reviews but on this occasion, cabin crew and captain went so far above and beyond to accomodate an infant travelling with us I feel motivated to. Flights arrived early on both journeys. Being a smaller plane, loading and unloading was quick. Flying from smaller airports meant there was none of the usual delay at passport control or security. Baggage had arrived before we reached baggage belts both ways. Plane was clean and service efficient and friendly. For short haul flights based on this experience I cannot fault them and shall look to use Flybe again when possible as the experience overall is far superior to the Luton or Stansted offerings.
AircraftDash 8
RouteSOU to LYS
Date FlownAugust 2016

"I noticed a few late flights"

We flew flybe from Glasgow to Southampton in May 2016. At Glasgow the airport process was very quick and on we arrived 12 minutes early to Southampton. The planes are small and basic and vibrate a lot. If you're looking for a cheap airline to get you places quickly Flybe will do it. However, they have been slipping a bit, I noticed a few late flights leaving Southampton on our way home. Ours was two hours late in fact! But they can get you there cheaply and quickly. The crew were very helpful and friendly.
AircraftDash 8 Q400
RouteGLA to SOU
Date FlownMay 2016

"it's slipping downhill fast"

What's going on Flybe? There are quite a few reasons why I usually enjoy flying with this airline - seemingly relaxed attitude to hand luggage, nice cabin crew, usually a personable welcome and chat by the pilot, small planes between Belfast and Edinburgh so you get loaded and unloaded very quickly, reasonable prices and an easy to use website. However, the planes seem to be getting delayed a lot lately. I flew twice this week and both short flights were delayed by 40 minutes. We had another flight delayed and then cancelled recently, then they called us for the next flight, but then ended up pulling some of us aside right at the gate and saying sorry, you won't be getting on this one, so then (insult to injury) we had to go all the way out and back through security again to wait for the next flight, which was also delayed. There were no Flybe groundstaff to sort it out. Looking on here it would seem this is happening more and more often. I would have wholeheartedly recommended this airline last year, alas, it looks like it's slipping downhill fast.
RouteEDI to BFS
Date FlownAugust 2016

"had an excellent flight"

This was the first time my wife and I had been with Flybe. Having read the various negative reports on this airline we were somewhat sceptical. However we had an excellent flight both from Manchester to Newquay and return. Flights were on time. The cabin crew /customer service was first class. The seats and aircraft were very comfortable. The communication from the flight deck to passengers was very good. Overall an excellent experience with Flybe. We will be flying with them again in the future.
RouteMAN to NQY
Date FlownAugust 2016

"never make the mistake flying this airline again"

Verified Review | Boarded this Amsterdam to Southampton flight ready for 1015 take off, aircraft still fuelling. At 1020, we were told that there was a problem with the hold door and we needed to disembark with all hand luggage while we waited for an engineer. Held in gate h7, with extremely limited seating, while the captain and crew attempted to close hold door, unseccessfully! After 40 minutes, were told that they had only just asked for an engineer as the crew thought they could deal with it. Still held at gate and eventually told that their was no one in the airport able to repair the problem. Told that more info would be available at 1245. My wife asked for vouchers and was grudgingly provided with them, prompting others to do the same. At 1245, boards told us to go to h4 for 1330 take off. Whilst waiting at h4, found out at 1310 by internet that the gate had changed to d6. This is probably the furthest set of gates from H there could be. Ran to make the time, only to be refused entry to the gate area as nobody from Flybe was there. When we finally managed to board the plane at around 1400, the plane (flown in from Exeter) was underfuelled and waiting for the tanker. We eventually took off at around 1545, landing at around 1646. At no time did Flybe accept any fault in the entire debacle. The ground staff employed by Flybe at Schipol were appalling, with a surly, arrogant attitude. They were quite content to allow the passengers to fend for themselves without any meaningful help in any way. Flybe employees and support staff were a disgrace. There was no organisation or care at all during the whole episode. We will never make the mistake of flying this airline again.
AircraftDash 400
RouteAMS to SOU
Date FlownAugust 2016

"did not allow us to use our car seat"

Gatwick to Newquay. Flybe cabin staff did not allow us to use our 2 year old child's 5-point harness child car seat as we did not have the CAA form for the car seat and the car seat's instruction manual with us. They were extremely rude and insisted we place our child in a comparatively unsafe position simply because we did not have the CAA form and an instruction manual. We have used this seat on Icelandair, Delta, United, BA, Alaska Airlines, and Raven Air for the last 10 years (we also have a 9 year old and used the seat for her) with absolutely no issues. Flybe cabin staff on this flight were simply uncaring and rude.
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteLGW to NQY
Date FlownJuly 2016

"I would not recommend them"

I am glad I found this review site and read other reviews. I tried to fly with Flybe from the Isle of Man to Manchester on a Friday evening. As with other reviews the flight was delayed, then it was announced we were leaving then twenty minutes later it was cancelled. No representative was available. We were told to wait in a queue only if we wanted to re- book our flights. Our flight option was Sunday as 'all Saturday flights' were full. So with no further information I had to book a ferry as I was only away for a long weekend. I had to get a Taxi home myself, Make phone calls myself, get myself to the ferry next morning and there was no food. Flybe make sure they are detached from the whole complaints procedure by handing out a leaflet, telling you to write a letter or fill in a form. There is no direct e-mail as my husband provided one he used four months ago which no longer works. Ten days later, after sending off the form, followed by a letter I am still waiting for compensation for the supposed 'technical error' which means airline cancellation. Between my husband and I we have taken six flights via Manchester from Isle of Man to Glasgow. Three flights have been cancelled due to a 'technical error', the airline needs investigating. I fear I have little choice at times but to use Flybe. It is no longer by choice. I would not recommend them unless you have plenty of time for flight cancellations. I can confirm they will usually put you up in a hotel after several hours of waiting. Clearly this doesn't happen if this is the Isle of Man or if it does no one tells you about it.
RouteIOM to MAN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"the most basic I have ever seen"

Verified Review | Checked in 90 minutes before departure for 40 minute direct flight to Isle of Man from Birmingham. But sadly was one of c. 20 passengers who had their checked in luggage left behind in Birmingham. Not sent on next day, no email or phone call to explain or apologise. £20.00 per bag charge for checking in luggage, so expect better service. Flybe website is very careful to avoid explaining that you have a legal right to compensation for essential toiletries, change of clothes etc - very sneaky. Flight itself was ok, smooth takeoff and landing. Seats the most basic I have ever seen, but OK for short flight. Very disappointed, will try to avoid Flybe where possible in the future. Was told on the Isle of Man that Flybe Birmingham flights are jokingly referred to as "Maybe" flights because there are so many regular disruptions. May seem more amusing once I'm reunited with my bag.
AircraftATR72-500